PDA

View Full Version : Video of Wishes from balcony at BLT

dizfan
07-09-2009, 02:01 PM
I'm not sure if this has been posted already, video of Wishes from the balcony at BLT. Here's the link

http://www.wdwntube.com/archives/632

Guapy
07-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Awesome - can't wait till I get to stay there.

ToddyLu
07-09-2009, 08:41 PM
:thumbsup2 Best 12 minutes I have had all day!!:banana:

DVCconvert
07-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Great!!!! :thumbsup2

dbenlee
07-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Great!! Thanks for the link. I can't wait to get my own video from that perspective for our family collection!

pinnocchiosdad
07-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Sorry, I'm not buying it. There's no way that this was taken from the roof of BLT. I am saying this based on my knowledge of the MK and CR. The view of the castle would be obstructed and farther away than presented in this video. This is JMHO but I have no doubt that is video is not what it represents itself as.

DizGirl20
07-09-2009, 10:55 PM
This is why I LUV the DISboards and all my new friends - it is great to discover new disney websites. I never heard of wdwntube until I read your post. Thanks so much. I am going to now watch a video I found on the website of Soarin' (my favorite ride). I wish there was a master list somewhere of Disney-related websites!

Thanks again for posting!
:love:

DizGirl20
07-09-2009, 11:00 PM
This is why I LUV the DISboards and all my new friends - it is great to discover new disney websites. I never heard of wdwntube until I read your post. Thanks so much. I am going to now watch a video I found on the website of Soarin' (my favorite ride). I wish there was a master list somewhere of Disney-related websites!

Thanks again for posting!
:love:

dizfan
07-10-2009, 08:59 AM
The authors of the video do not state if it's from the lounge balcony or from a room balcony.
"A video of the Magic Kingdom’s fireworks spectacular Wishes, as seen from the balcony of the new Bake Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Filmed by Jerry and Jen Leveillee."

Sorry, I'm not buying it. There's no way that this was taken from the roof of BLT. I am saying this based on my knowledge of the MK and CR. The view of the castle would be obstructed and farther away than presented in this video. This is JMHO but I have no doubt that is video is not what it represents itself as.

You might want to compare the video to other pictures from BLT.
For example, here's a picture taken by Shawn Little during his July 2nd tour.
http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/shawnlittle/?action=view&current=Disney09073.jpg

I suspect the video used some zoom level to get things closer. I'm not sure what level zoom.

KPH500
07-10-2009, 09:01 AM
I'm not sure if this has been posted already, video of Wishes from the balcony at BLT. Here's the link

http://www.wdwntube.com/archives/632

Thank you so much for posting this! Wishes is my favorite thing at the MK. We were there last week but missed it. This video made my night last night! :)

KPH500
07-10-2009, 09:03 AM

Does it really matter where the video was taken from? It's still great to watch. JMHO....

jakenjess
07-10-2009, 09:30 AM

Where do you think it was shot from? It certainly looks like the right angle from BLT, although probably zoomed in quite a bit.

It looks great!:thumbsup2

jade1
07-10-2009, 10:13 AM

Why would the castle be obstructed? It appears to be the same angle as the photos from the top of BLT. :confused3

JasonDVC
07-10-2009, 10:16 AM

Yes it is. Look at the bottom left corner of the screen exactly at the 1:00 mark when the camera pans back. You can see the monorail track where it bends after it leaves teh contemporary. And you can see the parking at the bottom of the screen

I suspect this post was just to stir up trouble

jade1
07-10-2009, 10:23 AM
I suspect this post was just to stir up trouble

Yea, if you stop the video at 58 seconds its very close to this:

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc149/jademn/BLTMK.jpg

JasonDVC
07-10-2009, 10:23 AM
OP, thanks for posting this video.

I am not a fireworks fan. I always say if you've seen one fireworks show, you've seen them all. But Wishes is not just a fireworks show, it's a spectacular performance!

These are the types of things that make Disney great!

PrincessKsMom
07-10-2009, 10:52 AM
What am I missing? I watched the first 3 minutes and it was not that good of a video. Most of the fireworks weren't even visible. :confused3

mittelst
07-10-2009, 12:33 PM
Wow! I last saw this show in 2006 at MVMCP (it may have been slightly altered for the holidays).

This is why I find no thrill in going to my town's (or the city of Rochester's) fireworks show on the 4th of July. It always pales in comparison!

TINKERIFIC
07-10-2009, 01:25 PM
This is why I find no thrill in going to my town's (or the city of Rochester's) fireworks show on the 4th of July. It always pales in comparison!

:rotfl:

....and i thought I was the only one who felt this way.

I watched that video and tears came to my eyes. I know, I know, I'm pathetic.

I still prefer to watch the fireworks from Main street. Nothing else compares...not even the BLT balcony. Just my opinion.

jade1
07-10-2009, 01:28 PM
What am I missing? I watched the first 3 minutes and it was not that good of a video. Most of the fireworks weren't even visible. :confused3

HaHa, I think its just the first glimpse of what to expect, music piped in, angle/view it will be folks are liking-not necessarily the quality of the video.

jekjones1558
07-10-2009, 01:36 PM
HaHa, I think its just the first glimpse of what to expect, music piped in, angle/view it will be folks are liking-not necessarily the quality of the video.

Where is the Wishes music piped in at BLT? On all of the balconies?

dizfan
07-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Where is the Wishes music piped in at BLT? On all of the balconies?

The Top of the World lounge balcony, has hidden speakers.
In the rooms, guests will be able to turn on the television to a specific channel to hear the Wishes music live.

jekjones1558
07-10-2009, 01:48 PM
In the rooms, guests will be able to turn on the television to a specific channel to hear the Wishes music live.
Thanks for info. :thumbsup2

PrincessKsMom
07-10-2009, 01:57 PM

I think you're right. It wasn't the view I was really looking for, but rather the fireworks. I guess since there's little to no chance I'll ever stay there, the appreciation of the view is somewhat lost on me. :laughing:

keishashadow
07-10-2009, 05:02 PM

hands down incomparable perc to be able to sit on balcony in jammies, listen to the audio & jump into bed:thumbsup2all the better to hit the next day's early entry;)...as i recall from CR MK view room:cloud9:few years ago

sure hoping to be able to snag same view 'someday' @ 11 month window @ BLT!

just wondering though, the 'still' picture posted here, did i miss where it indicated what floor it was taken from? going from memory, it seems to be from slightly higher advantange than i recall from where our room was @ CR, yet not as high as the viewing area @ California Grill.

ive been mia a bit lately, forgive me if this has been covered, has it ever been determined which floors/rooms do command the MK view?popcorn::

jade1
07-10-2009, 05:18 PM
hands down incomparable perc to be able to sit on balcony in jammies, listen to the audio & jump into bed:thumbsup2all the better to hit the next day's early entry;)...as i recall from CR MK view room:cloud9:few years ago

sure hoping to be able to snag same view 'someday' @ 11 month window @ BLT!

just wondering though, the 'still' picture posted here, did i miss where it indicated what floor it was taken from? going from memory, it seems to be from slightly higher advantange than i recall from where our room was @ CR, yet not as high as the viewing area @ California Grill.

ive been mia a bit lately, forgive me if this has been covered, has it ever been determined which floors/rooms do command the MK view?popcorn::

The still pic is not mine, so sorry to use it without permission or knowing what floor it was from.

keishashadow
07-11-2009, 04:51 PM
The still pic is not mine, so sorry to use it without permission or knowing what floor it was from.

no problem;)it's a lovely pic

SoCalKDG
07-11-2009, 05:46 PM
I noticed the camera was zoomed in. The question is how is the view with the naked eye? Would it seem closer or farther away?

Here is a picture from the lounge, by the way:

http://allears.net/acc/tow2.jpg

and some photos from the Grand Villa

http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2009/05/bay_lake_tower.html

Also wondering will all the rooms be able to listen to the fireworks music even if you can't see them. I always like the music.

I think I'd prefer to watch from Main Street, then walk back to the room in 10 minutes.

Is Wishes every played every night? How about in the off seasons.

Sammie
07-11-2009, 06:10 PM

Wishes is best seen looking directly at the Castle, the only resort that will have that view is the Polynesian.

Best seen in the Magic Kingdom and do not think for a minute that was not intentional. ;)

Disneypirate85
07-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Having stood in both places at BLT I would agree the video looks real to me. But was watching the fireworks not being a Detective i'm still on vacation.
Was wonderfull reguardless.
And Thanks "Dizfan" for mentioning our pics from BLT.....Shawnpirate: