PDA

View Full Version : Longtime lurker finally posts a PTR...8/6 - 8/13 @ POP

KAMKIM
07-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Well hello all, my name is Jen and I am a lurker. I've been reading these threads for MONTHS. Our first WDW vacation is coming up fast (3wks and 6 days to be exact) and I couldn't hold my excitement any more,...I had to post a PTR.

So I've never done this before, where do I begin? We will be staying at POP August 6th - August 13th.

The cast

ME 27 :thumbsup2 I work full time and have 2 active little girls. I do not require sleep, I like to plan and control everything. I love all things Disney, I love taking pictures, shopping, and scrapbooking (typical girl I guess) I went to WDW 1 time with my grandparents when I was ah about 12 or so...

DH 29 :cool2: He's a great guy, loves to play basketball and is a wonderful father. He is very laidback and generally lets me make the decisions :worship: which is fine with me since I'm a control freak. Never been to Disney.

DD 8 :teacher: She is our oldest, incredibly smart, loves to read, LOVES Disney, she is very mature and sometimes its easy to forget that you are talking to a child and not another adult. She is athletic, loves to play sports with her daddy. She takes guitar lessons and is a Girl Scout. Little bit of a bossy girl and control freak as well (not sure where that comes from :rolleyes1) Never been to Disney.

DD 4 princess: She is our ray of sunshine, the princess, the diva. She LOVES all things girly, pink, lace, flowers, you name it she loves it. She is in dance and will be also be in Girl Scouts in the fall. She likes to play dress up, likes to get into my makeup and most of all loves listening to music. Never been to Disney and will be turning 5 the day we arrive :cheer2:

DM (my mom) wont disclose her real age so we'll just say she's 21 :rotfl: She went to Disney sometime in the early 80's and left me at home :mad: So that was the only time she has been there. She watches our kids while we are at work and that makes her almost saint like. :angel:

DN (dear nephew) 7 pirate: He is like 5 boys rolled into one, always wrestling, making messes, and getting hurt (boy am I glad I have 2 girls lol) He Grandma's shadow and we're so happy he is able to come along with us on this trip. He went to Disney once with my brother and his mom when he was about 2 so he doesn't remember it anyway.

Okay so thats us - let me begin with how this trip came to be. We've always wanted to go to Disney since we've had kids, we planned on going once our first born was out of diapers. As luck would have it, as soon as she was out of diapers we found out we were expecting baby # 2. So then it was - once she is out of diapers :upsidedow - I know alot of people take babies to WDW I just knew it wasn't for us. So anyways, in February I saw the buy 4 nights and get 3 free deal and decided to price out a trip...I added basic magic your way tickets and the dining plan...and I was surprised at how cheap it was. Once I realized you only had to put down a $200 deposit and cleared it with DH we booked! In casual conversation my mom and I were discussing the up coming trip and I mentioned how much fun it would be if her and DN could go too (I should stop here and fill you in on some things, our DN does most of our family outings like amusement parks, Disney on Ice, aquariums etc. with my family and my mom. My youngest DN (2) will probably be joining us on our adventures when he is a little older) So after some convincing to my brother and SIL (who was supposed to go with us but it didn't work out) we were set and booked their reservation too.

We have our airfare through Southwest. After watching prices go up and down since March we booked 2 weeks ago for $140 per person :banana:

Here is a break down of our itinerary

August 6th flight leaves Buffalo International airport at 6:50 AM
Due to land in Orlando around 9:30 or so
Taking advantage of ME
Going right to POP to check in
Hopefully our rooms will be ready if not we plan on grabbing something to eat at the food court and going right to MK
ADR The plaza @ 6:50 PM
Spectromagic 9:00PM

August 7th MK again
ADR 9:45 Crystal Palace
ADR 6:45 PM Tony's Town Square

August 8th AK and DTD
no ADR's for this day but planning on doing TREX for dinner at DTD

August 9th
AK
ADR 9:35AM Tusker House with Donald Duck
ADR 5:45PM Trails End Restaurant
Want to check out the Chip and Dale campfire singalong

August 10th
Not sure if we're doing MK or Epcot (I haven't decided if we're doing Epcot at all so I guess we'll just see what happens when we get there :confused3)

August 11th
HS
Fantasmic 9:00

August 12th MK
ADR 10:45 Chef Mickeys
ADR 7:05 Liberty Tree

August 13th
Flight leaves at noon :sad2:

KAMKIM
07-09-2009, 01:31 PM
Just thought I would add another detail. I have never flown before and am deathly afraid of what my reaction will be once I'm on the plane. I am trying to fill my head with Disney thoughts to get over this but I know the time will come when I will have to board that plane and act like a grown up so my kids dont freak out with me. Any encouraging thoughts will be appreciated.

Nuwanda9
07-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Your trip is so close!! I bet you and your family will have a time!!

KAMKIM
07-09-2009, 02:00 PM
We dont have long to go at all now - 27 days. I see you are in Syracuse NY. We took a brief road trip there last summer to see the Jonas Brothers (I have an inappropiate fetish with Joe Jonas :rotfl:) Oh, and my 8 year old loves them too. We're in Akron NY about 20 mins from Buffalo.

Nuwanda9
07-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Yep, I'm in Syracuse. The Jonas Brothers were at the State Fair, right? My mind is going blank...I'm sitting here thinking I know I must have gone to a concert at the Fair last year, now who was it?? :rotfl: It was Daughtry! Yes, I'm not losing my mind! LOL!

27 days! That is exciting!!

scoot241
07-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Just thought I would add another detail. I have never flown before and am deathly afraid of what my reaction will be once I'm on the plane. I am trying to fill my head with Disney thoughts to get over this but I know the time will come when I will have to board that plane and act like a grown up so my kids dont freak out with me. Any encouraging thoughts will be appreciated.

You'll get some mild roller-coaster like sensations as the plane ascends and descends, but nothing bad. You'll have to "pop" your ears using whatever method works for you (swallowing, holding your nose and breathing out your nose, etc.). It's a bit loud because there's a turbine engine on each side of the cabin.

Southwest has good service usually. Complimentary Coke and peanuts.

Just try to relax and enjoy yourself.

KAMKIM
07-09-2009, 02:38 PM
Yep we went to the state fair, I have never seen so many cars in my life. It was an awesome show and worth the drive!

KAMKIM
07-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the info on Southwest, I didn't realize they served free drinks :lovestruc

KAMKIM
07-09-2009, 04:09 PM
One more thing to mention - we are planning a surprise return trip to WDW in April 2010 - nothing booked yet but we're hoping to book shortly after we get back from this one!:woohoo:

KAMKIM
07-09-2009, 04:22 PM
I am the only one posting on my PTR lol anyhoo - I have a question, since we are on the dining plan, and all tickets/hotel/airfare is paid for now how much extra money should I take? We are not fancy pants kind of people so I dont expect to be spending hundreds on souvenirs, but here is what I figured

DD will be turning 5 the day we arrive so she is due to get a gift card for her birthday, I am including this in her souvenir money so its even between the two girls...they each get $100 for spending money so total $140 out of pocket

Probably $100 for gratuities (I prob spelled that wrong forgive me) is this enough? We have 7 TS meals which I was told will have the 18% added because we are a party of 6 total so i figured average $15 per meal for grat?

Dinner at TREX I checked their menu and figure this will be about $80 including tax and tip...so total $320

Now I plan on bringing water bottles and koolaid packets to drink during the day so that is covered....I'm considering buying the souvenir cups at the hotel as well so that is another $52 or so for 4 cups? TOTAL 375. I planned on bringing 700 so that leaves 325 for unexpected expenses. Will that be enough? I know we'll have to buy some snacks throughout the week but am hoping the 2 meals a day on our dining plan covers us....we are used to eating 3 meals a day....any thoughts?

I'm not a big souvenir person and would be happy to get a magnet, hoodie, and keychain.

KAMKIM
07-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Not much to update anyone on today, but I am headed to Walmart on my lunch to grab some sunblock and mister fans.

Angies1274
07-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Hi:wave2: I'll join in.:) I'm excited to read about all your planning!! We will be at Pop-August 24-27 for our 3rd trip. (bringing along my parents this time, for their 1st trip) You must be so excited --your first WDW vacation!!:woohoo: Your plans look really good so far.:thumbsup2
Last year, our trip to Disney was my first time flying as well. I was very nervous but I just kept reminding myself that I was going to Disney and it ended up not being so bad. I actually enjoyed it.:goodvibes Like the OP said it will be loud especially when it ascends and descends and you may need to pop your ears. We always chew gum on the flight and that seems to help. My son had some problems so we purchased Earplanes for him and they helped him alot!!!

I think $100 each for souvenirs are great!! We gave our boys each $50 gift cards last year--plus some Disney dollars and paid for the little extras like the arcade. The dining plan is great and you will get alot of food, so you probably won't have to spend too much more for food. I think what you have allotted for unexpected expenses should be fine. We are not big souvenir people either and we took less than that.;)

Hope some of this helps:)I look forward to reading more......

KAMKIM
07-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Hi:wave2: I'll join in.:) I'm excited to read about all your planning!! We will be at Pop-August 24-27 for our 3rd trip. (bringing along my parents this time, for their 1st trip) You must be so excited --your first WDW vacation!!:woohoo: Your plans look really good so far.:thumbsup2
Last year, our trip to Disney was my first time flying as well. I was very nervous but I just kept reminding myself that I was going to Disney and it ended up not being so bad. I actually enjoyed it.:goodvibes Like the OP said it will be loud especially when it ascends and descends and you may need to pop your ears. We always chew gum on the flight and that seems to help. My son had some problems so we purchased Earplanes for him and they helped him alot!!!

I think $100 each for souvenirs are great!! We gave our boys each $50 gift cards last year--plus some Disney dollars and paid for the little extras like the arcade. The dining plan is great and you will get alot of food, so you probably won't have to spend too much more for food. I think what you have allotted for unexpected expenses should be fine. We are not big souvenir people either and we took less than that.;)

:woohoo: another reader!! Thanks! Looks like you will be there right after us I'll try to get some pics posted and a trip report done as soon as possible when we get back.

I am so nervous about flying - when we booked our trip I talked myself into being okay with flying and driving was going to cost us more than flying so that was out of the question (not to mention the time it would take to get from Buffalo to FL) but then a plane crashed into a house about 5 miles away from us...everyone on board died...our schools were closed and everything, this increased my anxiety by about a million...probably because it was so close to home..you probably heard about it on the news flight 3407. My girls are not nervous and are looking forward to flying, I dont want my irrational fears to affect them at all.

KAMKIM
07-10-2009, 12:28 PM

About the earplanes - now are those just ear plugs? My older daughter has sensitive ears and I am worried about her being in pain (allergies cause her ear drums to swell and causes temporary mild hearing loss) the doc did say the take off and landing might cause her some problems. Where did you get the earplanes?

lovedonaldduck
07-10-2009, 01:55 PM
I am here! Sounds like you have great plans. I don't have much time to comment now but I will stop back by when I do.

KAMKIM
07-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Well I went to Walmart today and picked up our sunblock and DVDs for the camcorder (expensive little buggers!) I do need to grab another memory card for my camera because I expect to take a lot of pics while we're there and right now I only have a 1GB so I'm thinking about grabbing a 2GB. I also got the girls disposable cameras to take their own pics...now here is the funny thing, I dont believe my children have ever seen a non digital camera before (these are the times people) so I cant wait until they take a pic and then try to find out where it is LOL I just couldn't see spending money on their own digital camera even a kid one isn't cheap - and these disposables were 2 for $7.00 :woohoo:

the one thing on my list I didn't get was the mister fans, they replaced all the pool/summer stuff with school supplies :scared1: Where the heck are the mister fans!??!?!

Angies1274
07-10-2009, 05:35 PM
About the earplanes - now are those just ear plugs? My older daughter has sensitive ears and I am worried about her being in pain (allergies cause her ear drums to swell and causes temporary mild hearing loss) the doc did say the take off and landing might cause her some problems. Where did you get the earplanes?
The earplanes are very similar to ear plugs but they made to help relieve the pressure that builds up in the ears during take-off and landing. My youngest son has very sensitive ears also and the earplanes worked great for him. I ordered them through Drugstore.com because that was the only place I could find the children's sizes. Our Walmart only carries the adult sizes and the only other place I have heard they have children's is CVS. (unfortunately, we don't have one near by.)
the one thing on my list I didn't get was the mister fans, they replaced all the pool/summer stuff with school supplies :scared1: Where the heck are the mister fans!??!?!

Oh no...I was planning to go to Walmart this week to get our mister fans.:sad2:

KAMKIM
07-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Maybe they hid them? IDK I didn't have time to go look by the summer pool toys and towels but I dont know that they would keep them over there...seems to me just a few weeks ago they had ALOT left...they must have put them somewhere. I was at Home Depot yesterday and they had something similar, looked like a better quality and was 8.99 ....worse case I guess I can go grab one of those...but it didn't have a strap.

KAMKIM
07-11-2009, 10:26 AM
Well I pulled out the suitcases and packed toiletries and similar items....I love the feeling of seeing the suitcases pulled out and open...just waiting...

deslynnpatterson
07-11-2009, 11:00 AM
you are so lucky your trip is coming up so soon:) your trip details look great so far:) So you have never been on a plane? don't worry i have been on plans many of times-- and i still cannot get used to flying-- the only thing that really gets me by on the flight is thinking about what i am going to do at the place i am flying too!! I live in Pittsburgh so its only about a 2 hour flight to orlando-- but my family wants to go to Hawaii next year:scared1: and thats a 12 hour flight-- and i am scared about that already!!! yikes!! Just keep thinking about disney and you should be fine:) I can't wait to read more-- and don't worry not many people are commenting on my trip report either-- but after some time people will find it:) just keep leaving updates:) your trip is so close!!!!!
~Desiree

KAMKIM
07-11-2009, 06:13 PM
you are so lucky your trip is coming up so soon:) your trip details look great so far:) So you have never been on a plane? don't worry i have been on plans many of times-- and i still cannot get used to flying-- the only thing that really gets me by on the flight is thinking about what i am going to do at the place i am flying too!! I live in Pittsburgh so its only about a 2 hour flight to orlando-- but my family wants to go to Hawaii next year:scared1: and thats a 12 hour flight-- and i am scared about that already!!! yikes!! Just keep thinking about disney and you should be fine:) I can't wait to read more-- and don't worry not many people are commenting on my trip report either-- but after some time people will find it:) just keep leaving updates:) your trip is so close!!!!!
~Desiree

Hey thanks for reading!!!! I dont think I'm concerned so much about being up there, but take off and landing are bothering me alot...no I've never flown before so I keep telling myself on the way there I'll just keep thinking about disney and try to keep that in mind.

You are so lucky to be going to Hawaii oh I would love that!!!:)

KAMKIM
07-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Alittle update although its not trip related...I managed to stab myself with a rusty nail right in the middle of my hand Saturday (was throwing pieces to an old deck on the fire pit and one piece decided it did not want to be burned and came back out) I went to catch the piece from hitting me in the face and it stabbed my hand...so today I'm off to get a tetanus shot and hoping the doc can clean out my stab wound better than I did =}

I do plan on going to Walmart tomorrow to grab another memory card for my camera and hoping to hit up the dollar store as well for a pop up hamper for our trip and some ponchos.

Hope everyone had a better weekend than I did.

KAMKIM
07-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Oops forgot to mention before I stabbed myself Saturday I got our luggage tags....:yay:

TowerDude
07-13-2009, 03:19 PM
Personally, I like the cups, aside from their expense. Yes, you can do some quick math and assume that if you get 7 drinks during your stay, you'll make back the price of the cup, and, depending on how long you're staying, that sounds easy.

But. From a practicality standpoint, it's tough. Assume you get up and either you've got a granola bar packed, or you snag a banana at Everything Pop. Fill that mug with some lemonade and head for the bus. (Well, you're not supposed to have food on the bus, but no one has ever tossed me for quietly boarding with my cup.) So, now, you're trucking around all day with your cup in your backpack.

You can stop at a park water fountain and fill it up, and, at the end of the day, when you get off that bus - go get a refill to bring up to the room. As long as you're OK with carrying it around, it will pay for itself, and you'll have a souveneir fo home. I can't count the number of times I've heard my daughter say, "I want it in my Port Orleans cup."

KAMKIM
07-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Personally, I like the cups, aside from their expense. Yes, you can do some quick math and assume that if you get 7 drinks during your stay, you'll make back the price of the cup, and, depending on how long you're staying, that sounds easy.

But. From a practicality standpoint, it's tough. Assume you get up and either you've got a granola bar packed, or you snag a banana at Everything Pop. Fill that mug with some lemonade and head for the bus. (Well, you're not supposed to have food on the bus, but no one has ever tossed me for quietly boarding with my cup.) So, now, you're trucking around all day with your cup in your backpack.

You can stop at a park water fountain and fill it up, and, at the end of the day, when you get off that bus - go get a refill to bring up to the room. As long as you're OK with carrying it around, it will pay for itself, and you'll have a souveneir fo home. I can't count the number of times I've heard my daughter say, "I want it in my Port Orleans cup."

Well I did plan on buying the stainless steel water bottles and thought that would be better to carry around and fill with the ice water for free...but I guess if we're carrying those around anyways the cup would make more sense. My thinking was that I would go and fill them all up in the morning, go back to the room have everyone eat a muffin/drink their drink...leave the cups in the room and then when we come back for an afternoon swim we'd go and fill the cups up again, so probably at least 2 fills a day....how long does the food court stay open at night?

TowerDude
07-13-2009, 03:40 PM
We've done that, too, because I have one kid who gets up at the crack of dawn, hungry, and another who needs a small crane to get out of bed. So M and I take a walk and fill mugs some days, too.

The food court, or a portion of it is open till midnight, but it's not like you'll find people grilling burgers that late, it's just sections of it to grab things to go....

Nuwanda9
07-13-2009, 04:34 PM
Well I pulled out the suitcases and packed toiletries and similar items....I love the feeling of seeing the suitcases pulled out and open...just waiting...

Oh, me, too!!
Alittle update although its not trip related...I managed to stab myself with a rusty nail right in the middle of my hand Saturday (was throwing pieces to an old deck on the fire pit and one piece decided it did not want to be burned and came back out) I went to catch the piece from hitting me in the face and it stabbed my hand...so today I'm off to get a tetanus shot and hoping the doc can clean out my stab wound better than I did =}

I do plan on going to Walmart tomorrow to grab another memory card for my camera and hoping to hit up the dollar store as well for a pop up hamper for our trip and some ponchos.

Hope everyone had a better weekend than I did.

YEEEOUCH!! Just reading that sends a shiver down my spine! I stepped on a rusty nail when I was a kid. Had to get the shot and all that. I was little but I remember it like yesterday. Hope you are doing well!!

dd50
07-13-2009, 11:42 PM
Sorry to hear about the rusty nail.:eek:

If you usually have breakfast you may want to look into that grocer that delivers. You could get some quick breakfast things or I am sure that POP will have some stuff also. We are going on 8/8 and getting excited also. I am sure you will have a great time. I have only been on a plane a few times but they aren't that bad. The first time I was nervous but if I made it any one can.:)

briarbear
07-13-2009, 11:59 PM
YEAH another WNY'er! I cant wait to hear the details popcorn::we are going Aug 25-31,and Im so glad to find a local perspective. I bought a mister fan at the Amherst(Niagara Falls Blvd.) location in the automotive alse(2wks ago), I also seen them by the plastic dish asle (Plastic pictures for ice tea does that make sense?)

KAMKIM
07-14-2009, 08:27 AM
Oh, me, too!!

YEEEOUCH!! Just reading that sends a shiver down my spine! I stepped on a rusty nail when I was a kid. Had to get the shot and all that. I was little but I remember it like yesterday. Hope you are doing well!!

Thanks! Yesterday many people told me the tetanus shot was the worst and when I got it, it didn't hurt too bad so I figured they were just wimps....then I woke up this morning and could barely move my arm :lmao: My hand feels much better though and she gave me a script for antibiotics just in case. If my hand gets tender or red I'll have to fill script...but she warned me antibiotics and birth control pills dont mix well....and I'd rather have tetanus than another child :rotfl: We'll see how it goes I suppose.

KAMKIM
07-14-2009, 08:30 AM
Sorry to hear about the rusty nail.:eek:

If you usually have breakfast you may want to look into that grocer that delivers. You could get some quick breakfast things or I am sure that POP will have some stuff also. We are going on 8/8 and getting excited also. I am sure you will have a great time. I have only been on a plane a few times but they aren't that bad. The first time I was nervous but if I made it any one can.:)

I did look online at the grocery's garden...wow their prices are expensive. My plan is to pack a suitcase of poptarts granola bars and simple snacks - then on our way back use that suitcase for souvenirs. Hopefully our food wont get crushed on the way down though.

Speaking of planes, we're flying Southwest and first thing this morning I read that a Southwest plane had to make an emergency landing because it had a hole in it :scared1: I'm not sure how this makes me feel, on one hand thankfully everyone got off the plane safely and all of their planes are being inspected now (which is great since we leave in 3 wks) on the other hand, how the heck did it get a hole it in!!:confused:

KAMKIM
07-14-2009, 08:33 AM
YEAH another WNY'er! I cant wait to hear the details popcorn::we are going Aug 25-31,and Im so glad to find a local perspective. I bought a mister fan at the Amherst(Niagara Falls Blvd.) location in the automotive alse(2wks ago), I also seen them by the plastic dish asle (Plastic pictures for ice tea does that make sense?)

Another reader!! Yes!!!! :goodvibes Walmart puts things in the strangest places dont they? I have to go back tonight for a birthday present for my nephew (I'm going to the one on Transit the Super Center) I'll check automotive and plastic ice tea isle - I could ask a worker but for some reason they always look like they dont want me shopping in their store, or they dont want to be bothered...maybe its just me...I'm a Wegmans kind of person to be honest...just go to Walmart when its for something Wegmans doesn't sell :)

KAMKIM
07-14-2009, 08:36 AM
Just wanted to add a little side note about this trip in general...I was so happy when we made our last payment, put aside our souvenir money and got our airfare - I figured well thats it the trip is paid for, but I dont know if its because this is our first vacation or what,...but just buying things for the trip are now costing me a fortune. I know some things will be reused...hopefully our msiterfans if walmart ever lets me in on where they are hiding them, suitcases, etc...but for the most part they are one time use kind of things so holy crap I guess I just didn't plan on that expense part of the trip....is everyone else buying all sorts of stuff too?

Nuwanda9
07-14-2009, 10:57 AM
I did look online at the grocery's garden...wow their prices are expensive. My plan is to pack a suitcase of poptarts granola bars and simple snacks - then on our way back use that suitcase for souvenirs. Hopefully our food wont get crushed on the way down though.

Speaking of planes, we're flying Southwest and first thing this morning I read that a Southwest plane had to make an emergency landing because it had a hole in it :scared1: I'm not sure how this makes me feel, on one hand thankfully everyone got off the plane safely and all of their planes are being inspected now (which is great since we leave in 3 wks) on the other hand, how the heck did it get a hole it in!!:confused:

Can you fit a plastic container in your bags? Something like one of those Rubbermaid shoe containers? That way your stuff wouldn't get crushed. Take all the food out of there boxes to save room. I was thinking of possibly sending down water. Water is expensive in WDW and I am pretty picky about water anyway. (I know, shake your head in disgust! :lmao: ) I heard that Staples will do this.

I heard about the hole in the plane this morning. How in the world did that happen?? But they said that all of their airplanes were being checked so they are being careful and safety conscious.

Just wanted to add a little side note about this trip in general...I was so happy when we made our last payment, put aside our souvenir money and got our airfare - I figured well thats it the trip is paid for, but I dont know if its because this is our first vacation or what,...but just buying things for the trip are now costing me a fortune. I know some things will be reused...hopefully our msiterfans if walmart ever lets me in on where they are hiding them, suitcases, etc...but for the most part they are one time use kind of things so holy crap I guess I just didn't plan on that expense part of the trip....is everyone else buying all sorts of stuff too?

Yes, this is an expense that I always forget to factor in when I am traveling. I have a few months before my trip so I made a list of what we'll need and am trying to pick up stuff here and there so that right-before-the-trip expenses aren't such a blow! Plus I am going right after Christmas which means I will have NO money anyway! :laughing:

KAMKIM
07-14-2009, 11:02 AM
Can you fit a plastic container in your bags? Something like one of those Rubbermaid shoe containers? That way your stuff wouldn't get crushed. Take all the food out of there boxes to save room. I was thinking of possibly sending down water. Water is expensive in WDW and I am pretty picky about water anyway. (I know, shake your head in disgust! :lmao: ) I heard that Staples will do this.

I heard about the hole in the plane this morning. How in the world did that happen?? But they said that all of their airplanes were being checked so they are being careful and safety conscious.

Yes, this is an expense that I always forget to factor in when I am traveling. I have a few months before my trip so I made a list of what we'll need and am trying to pick up stuff here and there so that right-before-the-trip expenses aren't such a blow! Plus I am going right after Christmas which means I will have NO money anyway! :laughing:

I did start getting little things a few months ago just adding to our regular grocery list so it wouldn't be too bad, but we still need alot and only 3wks to go :scared1:

Nuwanda9
07-14-2009, 11:38 AM
I did start getting little things a few months ago just adding to our regular grocery list so it wouldn't be too bad, but we still need alot and only 3wks to go :scared1:

3 more weeks!! :banana: How exciting!!

Doesn't that seem to always be the way? I always think I am ahead of the game and yet, some how, I am not!

I am so excited for you! 3 WEEKS!!

lovedonaldduck
07-14-2009, 12:02 PM
Not sure how much snack type stuff you are taking, but another option would be to send a box to yourself at the resort. I have heard of other people doing this and they will hold it for you if it arrives before you check in.

3 weeks! How exciting. :banana::banana::banana:

KAMKIM
07-14-2009, 12:04 PM
I was just talking to my DN (7) and I asked him if he was excited that we are leaving in 3wks and if we was going to ride Expedition Everest with me, he says Yes I will ride it if they can take the Yeti off before I get on :rotfl2:

KAMKIM
07-14-2009, 12:06 PM
Not sure how much snack type stuff you are taking, but another option would be to send a box to yourself at the resort. I have heard of other people doing this and they will hold it for you if it arrives before you check in.

3 weeks! How exciting. :banana::banana::banana:

I was thinking pop tarts, granola bars, candy (non melty candy) the single serving kool aid packets - that kind of stuff...the plastic container is a good idea...

davidb69
07-14-2009, 12:46 PM

Wow, please never tell my wife that you have the suitcases out, my wife wants to have them out and I try to tell her that there is no reason to pull them out until like 4-5 days before we go. I don't understand and it kind of depresses me that we can't leave sooner.

Also, when we traveled by plane a few years ago, we used an extra carryon bag that had snacks and goodies for the trip and the week. Didnt really need a plastic container since we had the bag under our seats.

briarbear
07-14-2009, 01:19 PM

I hear ya. We paid for everything up front. And I set aside money for extras, just buying the stuff for the trip has really set us back. (I feel like we have to get things that I would never spend money on outside of this trip.) Not to mention the back to school stuff we havent even started on yet. But you have to remember this may be a once in a lifetime trip, enjoy it for what it is. The kids will have fun even if they are not wearing matching shirts. Dont get to caught up in what you have to buy.

KAMKIM
07-14-2009, 01:57 PM
I hear ya. We paid for everything up front. And I set aside money for extras, just buying the stuff for the trip has really set us back. (I feel like we have to get things that I would never spend money on outside of this trip.) Not to mention the back to school stuff we havent even started on yet. But you have to remember this may be a once in a lifetime trip, enjoy it for what it is. The kids will have fun even if they are not wearing matching shirts. Dont get to caught up in what you have to buy.

yeah that is how I feel as well - I meant toiletries we'd have to buy anyways so that doesnt count but I am buying a bunch of stuff that I would not normally buy - and now that we are down to the last few weeks our budget is getting REALLY tight trying to fit it all in. I wanted to grab the girls a few more outfits before we go, but not many because you know how it is here another 2 months and we'll be getting out the sweaters and jeans again LOL

We have not started back to school shopping either, and my daughters birthday is the day we arrive in Disney so that is 2 major expenses for us outside of this trip...my plan is to get my DD a DSi for her birthday (she has a DS now but wants a DSi like our older daughter has) I guess Game Stop is offering $50 for an upgrade so we might do that for her and just get her a new game for the plane - other than that I'm baking cupcakes and having a small get together.

For school supplies that is on my budget for the week we get back, hopefully everything wont be picked over by then.

KAMKIM
07-14-2009, 02:03 PM
Wow, please never tell my wife that you have the suitcases out, my wife wants to have them out and I try to tell her that there is no reason to pull them out until like 4-5 days before we go. I don't understand and it kind of depresses me that we can't leave sooner.

Also, when we traveled by plane a few years ago, we used an extra carryon bag that had snacks and goodies for the trip and the week. Didnt really need a plastic container since we had the bag under our seats.

4-5 days before :scared1: I'd be in panic mode then!! Although I am learning that for some reason when I put things in they magically (and I mean magically as in 4 year old thief) disappear....maybe next time I'll force myself to bring them out 2 wks ahead, dont think I'd be okay with 4-5 days though I'm hoping to have them in the car waiting for the airport 4-5 days before :laughing:

dd50
07-14-2009, 02:39 PM
Don't get caught up on buying things that you really don't need. I haven't even started that yet as I will be bringing water, soda and breakfast food. I don't think about packing until the day before or maybe the day before that because then I always need to go to Target to get some things that I need and don't have. I still need to get a camera card and a few other things.

KAMKIM
07-14-2009, 03:52 PM
Don't get caught up on buying things that you really don't need. I haven't even started that yet as I will be bringing water, soda and breakfast food. I don't think about packing until the day before or maybe the day before that because then I always need to go to Target to get some things that I need and don't have. I still need to get a camera card and a few other things.

the things left on my list are
mister fans - any opinions? Thought it would be a nice cool down for us but do I get everyone their own or just share one? Maybe one for each of the girls? prob total $20

memory card - a must - probably will take several hundred pics while there and this is cheaper than photo pass total $20

extra bathing suit for DD's $30

some kind of backpack to carry cameras/wallet/snacks while in the park $30? dont want to carry around a dora backpack all day so I'd like to get a basic black one any suggestions on where to go? actually I'd like a messenger style one

Probably another bottle of sunscreen I grabbed one but I think that wont be enough for several applications a day everyday for 2 kids for 7 days 0 at the most $10

snacks $20 - gum candy granola bars goldfish pretzels etc.

stainless steel water bottles on sale at Target this week for $10 each...probably will get 2 total $20 - my thinking is we fill one with water throughout the day and another with lemonade using single serving kool aid mixes

So there is easily another $150 on top of what I've already spent :headache:

Has anyone else bought these things and then later though ah we could have done without that? I think they are pratical expenses though - any suggestions

KAMKIM
07-15-2009, 09:08 AM
Gonna make a stop at Target today to get an extra bathing suit for the girls - stainless steel water bottles (I'm thinking 2 will be okay and we'll share?) - also getting an extra memory card for my camera - I think that is almost everything on my list, gotta get a few more things next week. 3 wks to go!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo::yay::banana::thumbsup2

Disneychix
07-15-2009, 09:39 AM
Honestly I wouldn't take the SS water bottles. Although they will keep the drinks cool it's perfectly acceptable to fill water bottles with water at the CS places and there's also drinking fountains around WDW. That could be one way to save money. Plus those will be bulky to carry around.

I too am in WNY. You can get a nice memory card for $10 at Big Lots. That's where I got mine and I just saw them in the ad this past week. You can also get some cheap sunscreen there too. Or try The Christmas Tree stores for sunscreen. They had some brand name stuff for cheap too.

Have fun!!

KAMKIM
07-15-2009, 09:48 AM
Honestly I wouldn't take the SS water bottles. Although they will keep the drinks cool it's perfectly acceptable to fill water bottles with water at the CS places and there's also drinking fountains around WDW. That could be one way to save money. Plus those will be bulky to carry around.

I too am in WNY. You can get a nice memory card for $10 at Big Lots. That's where I got mine and I just saw them in the ad this past week. You can also get some cheap sunscreen there too. Or try The Christmas Tree stores for sunscreen. They had some brand name stuff for cheap too.

Have fun!!

I would have never thought about Big Lots, I need a duel pro memory stick? Its for a Sony - at least i think its called a duel pro, something like that but I know they are generally more than a regular memory stick...I wonder if a 2GB will be enough should I get 4? What would be the difference in the amount of pics I can take?

briarbear
07-15-2009, 11:36 PM
KamKim, IDK if you bought the bathing suits yet but Justice shop had them online really cheap. I had a hard time finding 1 pieces suites and they had a ton of really cute choices. They also had cute sunglasses. I did standard shipping a got them in 3 days.:thumbsup2

KAMKIM
07-16-2009, 08:35 AM
Well we didn't have much luck at Target for bathing suits, they only had extra small and extra large, silly me trying to buy bathing suits in July - I wasn't too worried because the girls both already have bathing suits but thought it would be nice to have a brand new one for vacation...so we took a stroll over to Kohls and they still had a huge selection left and 60% off :banana::banana:

I picked up

bathing suits - 60% off

water bottles - on sale $10 each and very cute

extra socks and underwear for all of us...and by all of us I mean everyone but me :rotfl:

I got our stamps (I plan on sending post cards home each day we're there so when we get back we'll have a little Disney waiting for us

Still need

memory card

maybe a couple more outfits for the girls

a few things for myself

sneakers for DH

snacky type foods (fruit snacks, granola bars, pop tarts, koolaid single serving packets, candy)

misc things for the girls to do on the plane, they are taking their ipods and DSs but I might grab some coloring books and crayons as well

a backpack/messenger bag for me

and that should be about it :yay:

3wks from right now I'll be sitting on a plane :scared1::eek:

lovedonaldduck
07-16-2009, 08:59 AM
3 weeks is so close! :banana::banana::banana:

Sounds like you are making good progress on your shopping list. I need to see what I have and what we still need so I can break up all the shopping as much as possible. For some reason I feel much better picking up a couple things each week than buying it all at once. My wallet likes that better, too. :rotfl:

KAMKIM
07-16-2009, 09:03 AM
3 weeks is so close! :banana::banana::banana:

Sounds like you are making good progress on your shopping list. I need to see what I have and what we still need so I can break up all the shopping as much as possible. For some reason I feel much better picking up a couple things each week than buying it all at once. My wallet likes that better, too. :rotfl:

Yeah same here I started picking up toiletries a few weeks ago, toothbrushes and toothpaste one week, shampoo another week, soap another week - when I add it in with my regular grocery list I dont feel the pinch so much and if I would have waited I would probably would have to spend another $100 within the next 2 weeks just for that stuff.

And actually now that we are only 2 paychecks away I wish I would have gotten alot of this stuff even earlier....we're broke but we're going to Disney :rotfl:

Nuwanda9
07-16-2009, 04:17 PM
And actually now that we are only 2 paychecks away I wish I would have gotten alot of this stuff even earlier....we're broke but we're going to Disney :rotfl:

That SO sounds like me!! :rotfl:

michellem1118
07-16-2009, 05:23 PM
I am the only one posting on my PTR lol anyhoo - I have a question, since we are on the dining plan, and all tickets/hotel/airfare is paid for now how much extra money should I take? We are not fancy pants kind of people so I dont expect to be spending hundreds on souvenirs, but here is what I figured

DD will be turning 5 the day we arrive so she is due to get a gift card for her birthday, I am including this in her souvenir money so its even between the two girls...they each get $100 for spending money so total $140 out of pocket

Probably $100 for gratuities (I prob spelled that wrong forgive me) is this enough? We have 7 TS meals which I was told will have the 18% added because we are a party of 6 total so i figured average $15 per meal for grat?

Dinner at TREX I checked their menu and figure this will be about $80 including tax and tip...so total $320

Now I plan on bringing water bottles and koolaid packets to drink during the day so that is covered....I'm considering buying the souvenir cups at the hotel as well so that is another $52 or so for 4 cups? TOTAL 375. I planned on bringing 700 so that leaves 325 for unexpected expenses. Will that be enough? I know we'll have to buy some snacks throughout the week but am hoping the 2 meals a day on our dining plan covers us....we are used to eating 3 meals a day....any thoughts?

I'm not a big souvenir person and would be happy to get a magnet, hoodie, and keychain.

I just started reading, so I don't know if anyone else has chimed in on this yet, but here's my best guess... the $100 each for spending money for the girls is probably plenty, just make sure they stick to it! I would bet that, with 6 people eating entrees & desserts, the gratuities at the TS meals will exceed $15/meal, but its hard to say for sure without knowing what TS places you're eating at... if they're mostly buffet places, then that's probably enough, but many of the TS restaurants are on the pricey side... just DH & I usually spend ~$10/meal on gratuities when we're on the meal plan... Check out the menus on wdwinfo.com or allears.net to get better estimates.

If you've looked at the TREX menu, you're probably OK on your estimate there. If you want a hoodie, plan ~$40-50 for just that (I know, its crazy), plus another $10 for magnet & keychain...

Also, since you said you'd possibly be booking a stay for April right after you get back, check out the bounceback rates while you're at the hotel on this trip... sometimes there are really good deals if you rebook before you check out. :)

michellem1118
07-16-2009, 05:41 PM
Well we didn't have much luck at Target for bathing suits, they only had extra small and extra large, silly me trying to buy bathing suits in July - I wasn't too worried because the girls both already have bathing suits but thought it would be nice to have a brand new one for vacation...so we took a stroll over to Kohls and they still had a huge selection left and 60% off :banana::banana:

I picked up

bathing suits - 60% off

water bottles - on sale $10 each and very cute

extra socks and underwear for all of us...and by all of us I mean everyone but me :rotfl:

I got our stamps (I plan on sending post cards home each day we're there so when we get back we'll have a little Disney waiting for us

Still need

memory card

maybe a couple more outfits for the girls

a few things for myself

sneakers for DH

snacky type foods (fruit snacks, granola bars, pop tarts, koolaid single serving packets, candy)

misc things for the girls to do on the plane, they are taking their ipods and DSs but I might grab some coloring books and crayons as well

a backpack/messenger bag for me

and that should be about it :yay:

3wks from right now I'll be sitting on a plane :scared1::eek:

We're leaving in 9 days, and I've been looking for a new swimsuit for me... I'll have to check Kohl's, thanks for the suggestion! For a basic backpack/messenger bag - I saw some lightweight ones at Target today for $10 that were really cute, and would hold everything I need at WDW, or you could check somewhere like Sports Authority - I got a really cute, small backpack at REI (a sporting goods store) last year before our honeymoon.

I'd probably get the 4gb memory card if its not too much more expensive - it'll hold a lot more photos! I believe either Best Buy or Staples had them in the weekly ad this week, but I might be wrong. I don't think you'll need anything else for the girls on the plane if they have iPods and DS's - those will keep them occupied for the whole time.

KAMKIM
07-16-2009, 09:45 PM
I just started reading, so I don't know if anyone else has chimed in on this yet, but here's my best guess... the $100 each for spending money for the girls is probably plenty, just make sure they stick to it! I would bet that, with 6 people eating entrees & desserts, the gratuities at the TS meals will exceed $15/meal, but its hard to say for sure without knowing what TS places you're eating at... if they're mostly buffet places, then that's probably enough, but many of the TS restaurants are on the pricey side... just DH & I usually spend ~$10/meal on gratuities when we're on the meal plan... Check out the menus on wdwinfo.com or allears.net to get better estimates.

If you've looked at the TREX menu, you're probably OK on your estimate there. If you want a hoodie, plan ~$40-50 for just that (I know, its crazy), plus another $10 for magnet & keychain...

Also, since you said you'd possibly be booking a stay for April right after you get back, check out the bounceback rates while you're at the hotel on this trip... sometimes there are really good deals if you rebook before you check out. :)

We are a party of 6 but I'm actually only paying the tips for 4 people so I'm hoping the $100 is about right
$40-$50 for a hoodie wow...well i may just have to splurge though because I really want them and we live in Buffalo so they will def get alot of use.
now what is this bounceback rate? A special offer they give you before you leave your current vacation? Do you have to put the deposit on it the same day?

michellem1118
07-16-2009, 10:14 PM
We are a party of 6 but I'm actually only paying the tips for 4 people so I'm hoping the $100 is about right
$40-$50 for a hoodie wow...well i may just have to splurge though because I really want them and we live in Buffalo so they will def get alot of use.
now what is this bounceback rate? A special offer they give you before you leave your current vacation? Do you have to put the deposit on it the same day?

Yep, bounceback is a special rate that you can get if you book before the end of the current vacation. I assume you have to leave the deposit, but I'm not entirely sure, since DH & I own DVC we've never bothered looking into the bounceback rates.

Your tip estimates should be good, then... I wasn't thinking about the fact that you had another group with you to help with the tips. The hoodies are pricey, but I have one or two... and I live in Texas! They actually get more use than any of my other jackets, since it rarely gets really cold here, LOL. So far, they've held up well too - I have one from 2001 and one from 2007, and both are in great shape even after repeated washings. Hopefully that makes you feel better about the expense! LOL

KAMKIM
07-17-2009, 08:04 AM
Yep, bounceback is a special rate that you can get if you book before the end of the current vacation. I assume you have to leave the deposit, but I'm not entirely sure, since DH & I own DVC we've never bothered looking into the bounceback rates.

Your tip estimates should be good, then... I wasn't thinking about the fact that you had another group with you to help with the tips. The hoodies are pricey, but I have one or two... and I live in Texas! They actually get more use than any of my other jackets, since it rarely gets really cold here, LOL. So far, they've held up well too - I have one from 2001 and one from 2007, and both are in great shape even after repeated washings. Hopefully that makes you feel better about the expense! LOL

Just wondering are the kid hoodies are little cheaper? I would like to get one for each of the girls (maybe I'll grab a size bigger than they need now) and then one for myself. I once bought my oldest DD a tink hoodie from the Disney store (when they were still around) when she was 2 - I got it very big...and now my youngest DD wears it 6 years later and still looks like I just bought it!

lovedonaldduck
07-17-2009, 09:29 AM
We booked a bounceback when we were there in May, and our deposit wasn't due until a week after we got home, that way we had a little more time to think it over.

Something else you might consider is checking pricing on an annual pass. You can upgrade your existing tickets and it might be cheaper than getting tickets again in April. Also, passholder room rates are great!

Nuwanda9
07-17-2009, 11:43 AM
Just wondering are the kid hoodies are little cheaper? I would like to get one for each of the girls (maybe I'll grab a size bigger than they need now) and then one for myself. I once bought my oldest DD a tink hoodie from the Disney store (when they were still around) when she was 2 - I got it very big...and now my youngest DD wears it 6 years later and still looks like I just bought it!

I have a feeling that my niece will want to get a hoodie there as she is the Hoodie Queen! I have been putting money periodically on Disney gift cards and I was planning to give her a $100 one for her own souvenirs. Maybe I'll have to bump that up since a hoodie will take a chunk out of her spending money.
We booked a bounceback when we were there in May, and our deposit wasn't due until a week after we got home, that way we had a little more time to think it over.

Something else you might consider is checking pricing on an annual pass. You can upgrade your existing tickets and it might be cheaper than getting tickets again in April. Also, passholder room rates are great!

I was so hoping for a bounceback offer when we go but now that I am thinking of doing a cruise it might not do well to be tempted! :lmao:

lovedonaldduck
07-17-2009, 03:09 PM
We booked the bounceback while we were there but I have changed the reservation twice already. We were actually able to get a much better deal because my dad is retired military.

InLoveWithDOTS
07-17-2009, 03:14 PM
I flew lots when I was younger but wont fly at all now (we are taking the train out of Boston). The one thing I used to remind myself about flying is how many millions of people fly every year and how few incidents there actually are! That and valium! Good luck! :)

Nuwanda9
07-17-2009, 03:58 PM
I flew lots when I was younger but wont fly at all now (we are taking the train out of Boston). The one thing I used to remind myself about flying is how many millions of people fly every year and how few incidents there actually are! That and valium! Good luck! :)

I don't fly either. I have and I loved it when I did. Never had any problems. But developed a phobia years ago and just can't do it. I travel by train and have gone to WDW many times by train. My brother did it once (Train to WDW) and hated it! He doesn't like to fly but he'll take that over the train any day. :laughing: Just think of how much quicker you'll get there by plane! I am sure you'll do great! :thumbsup2

KAMKIM
07-18-2009, 11:19 AM
Yep that is true - plane ride is alittle under 3 hrs...shouldn't be too bad...my kids have tons of stuff to do on the plane....wonder what I should do to keep busy...can you turn your cell phone on on the plane?

KAMKIM
07-20-2009, 12:10 PM
Just about down to 2wks now - not much left on my to buy list but I think I'll grab the mister fans this week - plan on doing most of our last minute shopping next week though.

Nuwanda9
07-20-2009, 12:23 PM
I couldn't tell you about cell phones on the plane. Your flight is so short compared to my trip on the train! I am sure the time will fly by for you!

Let me know how your misters work! I am hoping I don't need them, tho. Going in winter it usually doesn't get too hot. I hate carrying things with me so the less I have to carry the better!

davidb69
07-20-2009, 12:27 PM
Just about down to 2wks now - not much left on my to buy list but I think I'll grab the mister fans this week - plan on doing most of our last minute shopping next week though.

The use of cell phones during flight is banned by the FAA and the FCC. As soon as the plane starts to move, cell-phone use is forbidden.

Since a cell phone is constantly working to communicate even if you are not using it to call it can't be on.

Disneychix
07-20-2009, 01:28 PM
Have fun getting your last min shopping done :)

My son loves the mister fans. We just have little ones. He runs them all day long!

scoot241
07-20-2009, 01:46 PM
The use of cell phones during flight is banned by the FAA and the FCC. As soon as the plane starts to move, cell-phone use is forbidden.

Since a cell phone is constantly working to communicate even if you are not using it to call it can't be on.

Depending on the cell phone, you can set it to airplane mode if you want to use the other features; it won't try to communicate with the towers and therefore can't be used as a phone.

lovedonaldduck
07-21-2009, 08:32 AM
Our Target had the mister fans on sale when we were in there this weekend. I think they were about $6. I thought of you when I saw them. :)

2 weeks! :banana::banana: You will be there before you know it.

KAMKIM
07-21-2009, 05:16 PM
Our Target had the mister fans on sale when we were in there this weekend. I think they were about $6. I thought of you when I saw them. :)

2 weeks! :banana::banana: You will be there before you know it.

:lmao: Going to Target tomorrow - will take a look since I haven't been to home depot yet - dont want to spend $10 each if I dont have to, especially since we will probably put them away until we go back

KAMKIM
07-21-2009, 05:17 PM
Depending on the cell phone, you can set it to airplane mode if you want to use the other features; it won't try to communicate with the towers and therefore can't be used as a phone.

Well I checked my phone after reading your post and there is an airplane mode! Who knew!!!! So I guess I can still play my games and stuff - at least it will give me something to do. Thanks!!!

KAMKIM
07-21-2009, 05:22 PM
Have fun getting your last min shopping done :)

My son loves the mister fans. We just have little ones. He runs them all day long!

Thanks! Hoping to make a trip to Target tomorrow and get the last few things other than snacks and stuff which I can get next week...cant believe we're just 2wks away now

KAMKIM
07-22-2009, 11:45 AM
on my list for today (hoping to go to Target)

The blasted mister fans (they better be there) for some reason the mister fans dont want me to find them....but I will!!!!

My memory card

I'm hoping to find a backpack for DH - you know like those I guess nylon type like Nike bags? I'm horrible at descriptions but its more like a drawstring backpack than a regular backpack...well I saw some at famous footwear for $11 so I figured that would be good for him to tote some stuff around the park...well, he isn't getting off easy and carrying nothing :lmao: of course he may be the one carrying the 8yr old hahaha

Another bottle of sunscreen - I really think we'll go through more than 1 bottle so I'm bringing an extra just in case

Next week I'm getting our snacks, my backpack, and I desperately need some shorts/tanks - hoping I can get some good clearance deals with summer being over and stuff.

Also next week we're having DD4's Bday party Saturday since were technically leaving on her birthday so I have to grab some gifts for her and decorations. She wanted a DSi (she has the regular one now) but now tells me she wants a dollhouse (which she already has one of those too) I dont know, I know I'm not spending as much as I normally would since we're leaving for our trip so I guess I just walk around Toys R Us and see what catches my eye.

So to sum it up - I'll be a busy lady next week, and a broke one :rotfl:

KAMKIM
07-22-2009, 11:47 AM
Also, now that I am 14 days away I could just pee myself....so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :banana::lmao::thumbsup2:):woohoo::yay::cheer2:

KAMKIM
07-22-2009, 11:48 AM
Also, now that I am 14 days away I could just pee myself....so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana::lmao::thumbsup2:):woohoo::yay::cheer2:

Nuwanda9
07-22-2009, 12:32 PM
2 Weeks!! :yay::yay::yay:

You're staying at Pop, right? Let me know how you liked it. That's where we are staying and I've never been before. I usually do moderate resorts but had to economize this trip and Pop gets such good reviews!

2 WEEKS!!!!!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

lovedonaldduck
07-22-2009, 01:39 PM
:cheer2::cheer2:Yay for 2 weeks!:cheer2::cheer2:

You are going to be one busy lady. I still need to make a big to do list for our trip, but at least I have 2 months, you just have 2 weeks! :banana::banana:

:wizard:Good luck finding the mister fans!

scoot241
07-22-2009, 02:01 PM
2 Weeks!! :yay::yay::yay:

You're staying at Pop, right? Let me know how you liked it. That's where we are staying and I've never been before. I usually do moderate resorts but had to economize this trip and Pop gets such good reviews!

2 WEEKS!!!!!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I want to hear all about Pop too. Will be there in a month and a half! :thumbsup2

KAMKIM
07-23-2009, 10:05 AM
So I went to the dollar store, famous footwear and Target last night
I got

at the dollar store
10 packages of ponchos (2 in a pack) for $1 each
a laundry bag for our dirty clothes for $1

Famous Footwear
Black Nike drawstring backpack with several compartments for $15 for DH - not a bad deal at all and I think he'll got more use out of it than besides just for Disney

Target

NOTHING! They didn't have the mister fans either!!! What the heck! Stupid fans. I didn't get my memory card either because a 4GB one at Target was almost $40 and the 4GB one at Walmart was 14.88 - so I'm wondering if something is wrong with the one at Walmart lol I have to go back there and find out why its only $15...seems weird to me.

Well thats all for now.

KAMKIM
07-23-2009, 10:07 AM
:cheer2::cheer2:Yay for 2 weeks!:cheer2::cheer2:

You are going to be one busy lady. I still need to make a big to do list for our trip, but at least I have 2 months, you just have 2 weeks! :banana::banana:

:wizard:Good luck finding the mister fans!

I asked a worker at Target if she knew where the mister fans were hidden because I checked all around that store, and she says...I dont think we've ever sold mister fans...try Walmart :mad: so I told DH the Target worker is a big liar because lovedonaldduck told me Target DOES have the mister fans :laughing:

lovedonaldduck
07-23-2009, 12:06 PM
I know I saw them at mine, I should have bought them and mailed them to you. Or I could just meet you at Disney with them. :) Sorry I sent you on a wild goose chase. :confused3

Sounds like you got some good deals, we used the drawstring backpacks for our last trip and they worked great. Check the regular price on the WalMart memory card, maybe it is just a really good sale. :confused3

davidb69
07-23-2009, 12:26 PM
I asked a worker at Target if she knew where the mister fans were hidden because I checked all around that store, and she says...I dont think we've ever sold mister fans...try Walmart :mad: so I told DH the Target worker is a big liar because lovedonaldduck told me Target DOES have the mister fans :laughing:

I feel like I need those rain ponchos now.

Do you have a 5 and under store around you? They have those fans.

Good luck.

KAMKIM
07-26-2009, 09:56 AM
Tomorrow is my 10 day countdown so I am going to do my online check in first thing in the morning :banana::banana::banana::thumbsup2:cool1::goodvibe s:banana::banana::banana:

briarbear
07-26-2009, 04:28 PM
KimKam, How goes the packing? Did you decide to put individual outfits in ziplockbag? Im just wondering if this is worth the exrta time. This wk Im going to start getting things into the suite casses. We recived the ME and lug. ticks this wk.:dance3::banana::banana::banana:

KAMKIM
07-26-2009, 07:03 PM
KimKam, How goes the packing? Did you decide to put individual outfits in ziplockbag? Im just wondering if this is worth the exrta time. This wk Im going to start getting things into the suite casses. We recived the ME and lug. ticks this wk.:dance3::banana::banana::banana:

Actually I'm not gonna put the individual outfits in the bags because I think about half way through we're gonna have to do laundry anyways... but here is my basic packing organization theory.
We have 2 luggage sets both sets include a large suitcase, 1 medium suitcases, 1 small suitcase, 1 carry on

I am using 2 the big suitcases and 2 medium suitcases (we got 4 luggage tags)

So DH and youngest DD will be in one large suitcase
Me and oldest DD will be in another large suitcase
1 medium suitcase for snacks - this way we'll have any empty suitcase for souvenirs on the way home
1 medium suitcase for watershoes and sandals...I plan on everyone wearing their sneakers to the airport because we're using the magic express for luggage so if we decide to go right to the parks from the hotel Thursday we'll have sneakers on

We're going to take 3 carry ons
DH has a drawstring backpack for snacks
I am getting a messenger bag for cameras/credit cards/ticket info
Oldest DD will have a carry on for Ipods/DS's and misc things for the girls to do on the plane.
I am not giving youngest DD a carryon since I think we'll have our hands full at the airport as it is, and if anyone was going to lose a carryon, it would be her :)

KAMKIM
07-26-2009, 07:04 PM
It makes me happy to say ...Next week I'm Going to Disney World :love: Oh and I'm sure the kids are happy about it too :lmao:

KAMKIM
07-26-2009, 07:09 PM
My plan for this week

Wednesday = payday so I'm going to finish my misc shopping and I will get those mister fans if it kills me!
Also, doing grocery shopping Wednesday but buying simple meals so we wont have much left overs (I want an empty fridge when we leave next week)

Thursday - MY BIRTHDAY I'm gonna be 28. :banana::thumbsup2 kids are sleeping at grandmas for a nice birthday present to me :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Friday - gotta clean up the house and prob just relax at home

Saturday - Birthday party for DD (5) (just having a small get together with grandparents - prob have a pool party/bon fire and make some smores) Again keeping it simple so there isn't much prep or clean up

Sunday - Going to visit my grandpa who is actually coming here from Florida for the whole time I'll be in Florida LOL

Monday - clean up house organize

Tuesday - finish packing

Wednesday - go out for dinner so there is no clean up finish all laundry/packing load up the van with suitcases - pray the kids go to bed early

Thursday Up at 4:00 and then off the airport :banana::cool1::thumbsup2

TowerDude
07-26-2009, 09:47 PM
Jen, you said you guys would be wearing sneakers, so this brought to mind you will probably want to pack two other things in carry on - hats/caps and bathing suits. No knock on DME, but I've had situations where luggage almost follows me off the bus, and also not had luggage at 5 hours after arrival. So, if you intend to go to the room mid-afternoon, you may want to have suits with you if your kids are goinjg to be bugging for that first Disney swim.

KAMKIM
07-27-2009, 12:00 PM
Jen, you said you guys would be wearing sneakers, so this brought to mind you will probably want to pack two other things in carry on - hats/caps and bathing suits. No knock on DME, but I've had situations where luggage almost follows me off the bus, and also not had luggage at 5 hours after arrival. So, if you intend to go to the room mid-afternoon, you may want to have suits with you if your kids are goinjg to be bugging for that first Disney swim.

We were just talking about this a few minutes ago actually, I think I'm going to have the girls wear their suits under their outfit on the plane that way if we dont have access to the luggage right away we can go swimming. We are getting there so early (9:20) and check in isn't until 3PM so maybe we'll get lucky and get a room early but who knows.

Speaking of checking in - I couldn't wait until today so I could do my online check in and the system is down! :mad: So it says to try again later I'll wait until after lunch maybe and see if it works.

lovedonaldduck
07-27-2009, 12:07 PM
I love online check in, it makes things so much easier. :love: I can't believe you'll be in Disney next week. How exciting. Your plan for the next week looks great, you'll be busy but that will make the time go faster. Are the girls bouncing off the walls yet?

KAMKIM
07-27-2009, 03:49 PM
I love online check in, it makes things so much easier. :love: I can't believe you'll be in Disney next week. How exciting. Your plan for the next week looks great, you'll be busy but that will make the time go faster. Are the girls bouncing off the walls yet?

Actually not really - DD8 is very excited but I still dont think it's real to her yet....not sure what she waiting for :lmao:

DD4 - well this is kind of funny, she's upset that she is leaving on her birthday I keep telling her how lucky she is to be celebrating a great day with Mickey Mouse but she doesn't care...I think the trip is overshadowing her turning 5 (and I have to admit I am guilty of doing this myself) so instead of 9 more days to Disney its been 9 more days till your birthday...I dont want her to feel like her special day is not so special because it happens to be the same day we're going to Disney.

If we ever plan another birthday trip I'd like to do it so the birthday falls in the middle of the trip and not the day of - we're all so excited I think she felt a little left out... :sad1:

KAMKIM
07-27-2009, 07:34 PM
Okay I did the online check in all set! :cool1:

lovedonaldduck
07-28-2009, 10:00 AM
I am so sad for you that your younger DD is not excited about this trip. :sad1: Do you have it noted on your reservation at the Plaza that it is her birthday? If not, call so they can note it and maybe they will make a fuss over her. Have you thought of maybe ordering a small cake for her to be served at dinner that night? Maybe that would make her feel better. Make sure you get her a birthday button when you check in too. They also have buttons that just say "I'm Celebrating" that you could get for everyone else so no one gets left out. I am sure you will find some way to make her feel special on her birthday even though it is also the first day of your trip. I don't know if your DDs are very competitive, but if not, maybe you could let the birthday girl decide what rides and shows to see at MK on her big day. Sorry if this isn't helpful, I know you know your DD best, I am just trying to think of things that you might not have yet. :)

Glad you got online check in done, you are so close! :yay: Good luck with all of your final preparations.

KAMKIM
07-28-2009, 10:54 AM
I am so sad for you that your younger DD is not excited about this trip. :sad1: Do you have it noted on your reservation at the Plaza that it is her birthday? If not, call so they can note it and maybe they will make a fuss over her. Have you thought of maybe ordering a small cake for her to be served at dinner that night? Maybe that would make her feel better. Make sure you get her a birthday button when you check in too. They also have buttons that just say "I'm Celebrating" that you could get for everyone else so no one gets left out. I am sure you will find some way to make her feel special on her birthday even though it is also the first day of your trip. I don't know if your DDs are very competitive, but if not, maybe you could let the birthday girl decide what rides and shows to see at MK on her big day. Sorry if this isn't helpful, I know you know your DD best, I am just trying to think of things that you might not have yet. :)

Glad you got online check in done, you are so close! :yay: Good luck with all of your final preparations.

we do have it noted on the reservation that its her birthday - I should order a cake I didn't think about that! I was thinking allowing her to pick her favorite rides and letting her give us a tour of MK (even though she hasn't been there yet) I'm hoping she'll feel better after her party this weekend. I think once she gets the cake and the presents she'll realize we of course didn't forget that her birthday is here as well as the Disney trip.

TowerDude
07-28-2009, 03:44 PM
I'm really lucky that, growing up my parents made birthdays so fun. It really was each kid's special day. We got a phone call from the "Birthday Bird", chose what we wanted for dinner, etc. And I've tried to carry this on. Birthdays really are special.

And I'll bet that you've done such a good job of making the girls' birthdays special that she is feeling a bit down about this. It probably sounds backwards, at this point, but give yourself credit, you're a fine Mom.

KAMKIM
07-29-2009, 09:01 AM
I'm really lucky that, growing up my parents made birthdays so fun. It really was each kid's special day. We got a phone call from the "Birthday Bird", chose what we wanted for dinner, etc. And I've tried to carry this on. Birthdays really are special.

And I'll bet that you've done such a good job of making the girls' birthdays special that she is feeling a bit down about this. It probably sounds backwards, at this point, but give yourself credit, you're a fine Mom.

The Birthday Bird - that is awesome :lmao:

Every year their birthdays are usually a very big deal - I decorate the house while they are sleeping so they think the Birthday Fairy came the night before, we always do a big family party, and then a friends party (although now that they are a little older it is more of just a big friends party) they get to pick a birthday party theme of course and get to go on a mini (reasonable) shopping spree at Toys R Us to get what they want.

So I think this year she knows we wont be home that entire day and I think she was really worried that there would be no party, no fuss over her...which is funny because I figured...what bigger fuss could I make than take her to Disney for her birthday :) ....now that i've reassured her that her party will be this Saturday I think she is coming around. Either way I dont think she'll be disappointed once we get to Disney on her Birthday!

Nuwanda9
07-29-2009, 01:30 PM
The birthday fairy is a cute idea! I bet she will be fine when she gets to WDW! And when she has a birthday button on she'll get all kinds of attention!

And Happy Birthday to you, too! (Tomorrow, right?) :bday:

KAMKIM
07-30-2009, 09:15 AM
Yes today is my birthday I'm 28 :cool2:

I came into work this morning and my coworkers decorated my office with a Mickey theme!! I've got streamers and balloons everywhere...it is awesome....they even gave me a picture of Joe Jonas because they know I love him :love: I got a Mickey yo yo Mickey frisbees Mickey wall tumbler Mickey puzzle and camp rock slap bracelets :)

Well I got all my pretrip shopping done last night and guess what I got

MISTER FANS :cool1::thumbsup2:banana::banana:
Went to Home Depot and got 2 Mister Fans 8.99 each plus a pack of AA batteries $7

Target - got myself a sling backpack for $20
Extra thing of sunscreen and the little empty 3oz containers so we can slather it on when we step off the plane
I got the girls each a new outfit for our first day there
I got some Wizards of Waverly place dry erase boards with markers for their carry on
I got tinkerbell and Cars activity books and stickers for their carry on

Walmart
I got all our snacks including
goldfish
cheezits
pop tarts
suckers
gum
twizzlers
bunch of little bags of chips
pretzels
lemonade single packs
kool aid single packs
fruit snacks (disney of course)

I got a memory card 4GB $35
I think that was about it but we're all set now. My mom is taking the kids for the night tonight so I might go do a little birthday shopping for myself :woohoo:

We're down to 6 days I'm so excited I hope this weekend goes by quickly. Oh and I checked Southwest just to see if the flight we're taking dropped their prices at all thinking maybe we'd get a little credit or something and the flight there now says unavailable...I am hoping this is because the seats are sold out...and not cancelled....any thoughts?

KAMKIM
07-30-2009, 09:16 AM
The birthday fairy is a cute idea! I bet she will be fine when she gets to WDW! And when she has a birthday button on she'll get all kinds of attention!

And Happy Birthday to you, too! (Tomorrow, right?) :bday:

Thanks so much!! It's been a great day so far and it's just started :lovestruc

davidb69
07-30-2009, 10:09 AM
Yes today is my birthday I'm 28 :cool2:

I came into work this morning and my coworkers decorated my office with a Mickey theme!! I've got streamers and balloons everywhere...it is awesome....they even gave me a picture of Joe Jonas because they know I love him :love: I got a Mickey yo yo Mickey frisbees Mickey wall tumbler Mickey puzzle and camp rock slap bracelets :)

Well I got all my pretrip shopping done last night and guess what I got

MISTER FANS :cool1::thumbsup2:banana::banana:
Went to Home Depot and got 2 Mister Fans 8.99 each plus a pack of AA batteries $7

Target - got myself a sling backpack for $20
Extra thing of sunscreen and the little empty 3oz containers so we can slather it on when we step off the plane
I got the girls each a new outfit for our first day there
I got some Wizards of Waverly place dry erase boards with markers for their carry on
I got tinkerbell and Cars activity books and stickers for their carry on

Walmart
I got all our snacks including
goldfish
cheezits
pop tarts
suckers
gum
twizzlers
bunch of little bags of chips
pretzels
lemonade single packs
kool aid single packs
fruit snacks (disney of course)

I got a memory card 4GB $35
I think that was about it but we're all set now. My mom is taking the kids for the night tonight so I might go do a little birthday shopping for myself :woohoo:

We're down to 6 days I'm so excited I hope this weekend goes by quickly. Oh and I checked Southwest just to see if the flight we're taking dropped their prices at all thinking maybe we'd get a little credit or something and the flight there now says unavailable...I am hoping this is because the seats are sold out...and not cancelled....any thoughts?

Happy Birthday,

Regarding the southwest flight, it's probably just booked. You should call them just to be sure though with your reservation # because they could change thier flight schedule.

That is a lot of snacks. Our favorite thing is the the singles packs because we hate spending so much on drinks when you can get water and reflavor it.

I can't believe it's almost time to get down to Disney. We are heading down to POP next friday night and the time isn't coming fast enough.

:banana: :cool2:

scoot241
07-30-2009, 10:23 AM

That usually just means the seats you're looking for are all booked up. Wouldn't hurt to double-check though.

KAMKIM
07-30-2009, 11:32 AM
I checked with Southwest and the flight is booked so that is why it shows unavailable. Gonna be a packed plane I guess. This week has been the longest week ever - I hope this weekend and the beginning of next week goes by a lot faster :)

KAMKIM
07-30-2009, 11:36 AM
Happy Birthday,

Regarding the southwest flight, it's probably just booked. You should call them just to be sure though with your reservation # because they could change thier flight schedule.

That is a lot of snacks. Our favorite thing is the the singles packs because we hate spending so much on drinks when you can get water and reflavor it.

I can't believe it's almost time to get down to Disney. We are heading down to POP next friday night and the time isn't coming fast enough.

:banana: :cool2:

Thanks! I know, after I packed all the snacks I realized I think we went overboard considering we're on the dining plan...but with 6 people maybe we'll go through it fast.

Is it just me or is time standing still? Now I'm all done shopping, all done planning...all done saving....nothing to do but wait wait wait wait :upsidedow

davidb69
07-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Thanks! I know, after I packed all the snacks I realized I think we went overboard considering we're on the dining plan...but with 6 people maybe we'll go through it fast.

Is it just me or is time standing still? Now I'm all done shopping, all done planning...all done saving....nothing to do but wait wait wait wait :upsidedow

Our first year when we flew down, We thought we went overboard filling an entire duffle bag with goodies but honestly it wasn't too bad and a lot of our supplies were gone for the trip home.

Since we were never on the dining plan the biggest thing we did was buy milk for us to drink in the morning and at snack time at night(we bring a cooler to keep the milk in during the day instead of renting a fridge and have a breakfast bar or something light to start off the day. We have never been big breakfast eaters, we would just buy a lunch and dinner each day except the last day at Chef Mickey's. We have 3 character meals this year instead of just 2. I'm not sure how many snacks we are bringing this year, probably cereal, fruit snacks and some other snack cakes the kids like. Plus we have road trip snacks for the kids to snack on while we are driving back and forth.

Time does seems to crawl by, thankfully I have so much work to do for my work that I have no time to think about time at the moment. :eek:

After tomorrow, we start to get things getting done.

Did you hold your mail yet? I love that you can just do that online instead of going to the post office.

KAMKIM
07-30-2009, 01:49 PM
Our first year when we flew down, We thought we went overboard filling an entire duffle bag with goodies but honestly it wasn't too bad and a lot of our supplies were gone for the trip home.

Since we were never on the dining plan the biggest thing we did was buy milk for us to drink in the morning and at snack time at night(we bring a cooler to keep the milk in during the day instead of renting a fridge and have a breakfast bar or something light to start off the day. We have never been big breakfast eaters, we would just buy a lunch and dinner each day except the last day at Chef Mickey's. We have 3 character meals this year instead of just 2. I'm not sure how many snacks we are bringing this year, probably cereal, fruit snacks and some other snack cakes the kids like. Plus we have road trip snacks for the kids to snack on while we are driving back and forth.

Time does seems to crawl by, thankfully I have so much work to do for my work that I have no time to think about time at the moment. :eek:

After tomorrow, we start to get things getting done.

Did you hold your mail yet? I love that you can just do that online instead of going to the post office.

No actually we live in a duplex and my step dad and mom live next door to us - so he'll be grabbing the mail everyday for us so that works out.

I have alot to do at work before I go - I hate the idea of someone having to take care of my customers while I'm gone but I'm sure I'll get over that real fast :lmao: I got a big project coming Monday which I just found out about so hopefully I can get most of that done before Wednesday, hoping to get out of here alittle earlier than usual Wednesday so I can finish my last minute stuff at home.

If we were driving we'd bring a cooler too - do you know if you can get milk with the refillable mugs?

davidb69
07-30-2009, 01:57 PM
No actually we live in a duplex and my step dad and mom live next door to us - so he'll be grabbing the mail everyday for us so that works out.

I have alot to do at work before I go - I hate the idea of someone having to take care of my customers while I'm gone but I'm sure I'll get over that real fast :lmao: I got a big project coming Monday which I just found out about so hopefully I can get most of that done before Wednesday, hoping to get out of here alittle earlier than usual Wednesday so I can finish my last minute stuff at home.

If we were driving we'd bring a cooler too - do you know if you can get milk with the refillable mugs?

That is cool that you can have someone get the mail for you. We could have the person taking care of our pets to do that for us but that seems like too much work.

If someone could correct me if I am wrong, I am 99.9% thinking no. :sad2: I remember getting Soda with the refill mug but the milks and OJ are in the fridge area and are separate. I generally buy the milk at the gift shop and keep it in the cooler because you can get a bigger supply.

briarbear
07-31-2009, 12:36 AM
KamKim, I hope you continue post after the trip. I cant wait for your post trip report:). Have fun at your daughters bday party (I hope its on Sat, it looks like the best day in the forcast)

lovedonaldduck
07-31-2009, 09:40 AM
I am so happy you finally found the elusive mister fans! :woohoo:

Happy belated birthday!

We take snacks into the parks everyday, that way if someone gets hungry before everyone else, they can have a little something to tide them over. We took way too many snacks on our first trip, but you never know. It will be nice to have food available that you don't have to spend money on.

I am pretty sure milk is not an option for the refillable mugs. I can't believe how soon you are leaving. You guys are going to have an awesome time! When will you start packing? I always feel like that is when time flies, because I always feel rushed to get the packing finished. :laughing:

KAMKIM
07-31-2009, 10:38 AM
I am so happy you finally found the elusive mister fans! :woohoo:

Happy belated birthday!

We take snacks into the parks everyday, that way if someone gets hungry before everyone else, they can have a little something to tide them over. We took way too many snacks on our first trip, but you never know. It will be nice to have food available that you don't have to spend money on.

I am pretty sure milk is not an option for the refillable mugs. I can't believe how soon you are leaving. You guys are going to have an awesome time! When will you start packing? I always feel like that is when time flies, because I always feel rushed to get the packing finished. :laughing:

thanks I really had a lazy birthday and didn't do much...which is exactly what I needed :)

I might not even buy my daughters the refillable mugs then - they dont drink pop....hmmm well if they have lemonade they would drink that...I dont know I guess we'll see when we get there.

Well i already packed our shoes (except the sneakers we're wearing there of course)
I packed all the toiletries and snacks
I packed all our carry ons (except for our ID's credit cards and boarding passes - will print these out Wednesday)
As far as clothes I'm probably going to pack Sunday or Monday...for the girls and DH
I'm pretty sure grandma and grandpa are getting DD some new outfits for her party Saturday so I want to wait and see what she gets first. I dont have too many outfits so I'm going to wait until probably Tuesday/Wednesay to pack my clothes - plus I am supposed to go clothes shopping tonight for myself so we'll see.

KAMKIM
07-31-2009, 10:40 AM
KamKim, I hope you continue post after the trip. I cant wait for your post trip report:). Have fun at your daughters bday party (I hope its on Sat, it looks like the best day in the forcast)

Thanks I will def fill everyone in after our trip and hopefully I can figure out how to post pics on here....anyone want to fill me in on how to do that? :confused3

Yep her party is tomorrow and it looks like 82 and sunny - will be perfect for a pool party and bon fire afterwards.

I have been checking the temps in Orlando and so far the beginning of our trip looks like low 90's and scattered thunderstorms - which I'm not worried about because it's been saying that everyday for last 3 months that I've been checking :lmao:

Just a few more days now!!! I'm so excited :banana:

KAMKIM
07-31-2009, 10:46 AM
This is our first real vacation so I dont know if this is normal or not but I feel like I'm already on vacation in my mind :lmao: I'm neglecting things around the house because quite frankly I just want to go to Disney :rotfl: I feel like I've got ants in my pants :dancer:

I dont have much of an update because, well pretty much everything is done...oh I do have to make mousekeeper envelopes - will probably do that tonight. I have to go to the bank to take some cash out for the trip. Besides basic housecleaning and organizing (which I'll do Tuesday/Wednesday) there isn't much else to do....:hourglass

briarbear
07-31-2009, 12:02 PM
Are u going to print the mousekeeping on cardstock or reg. paper? Thats on my to do list this week. Im planning $5 a day. Does that sound to cheap? Let us know how they turn out.

Nuwanda9
07-31-2009, 12:48 PM
Glad to hear that you had a good birthday!! Only 6 more days!! :banana: Time does drag when you are looking forward to something. Maybe it's a good thing to be in "vacation mode" already! Extends your trip!! :woohoo:

KAMKIM
07-31-2009, 04:18 PM
Are u going to print the mousekeeping on cardstock or reg. paper? Thats on my to do list this week. Im planning $5 a day. Does that sound to cheap? Let us know how they turn out.

I'm going to do $4 a day = 4 people in our room....$5 seems pretty good! I was going to just use regular white envelopes and have the girls decorate them

KAMKIM
07-31-2009, 04:19 PM
Glad to hear that you had a good birthday!! Only 6 more days!! :banana: Time does drag when you are looking forward to something. Maybe it's a good thing to be in "vacation mode" already! Extends your trip!! :woohoo:

I like your thinking :thumbsup2 Oh and by the way for some reason my countdown counts the day we're leaving and I dont - so 5 more days :rotfl:

KAMKIM
08-01-2009, 11:48 PM
Hey everyone, party was great - been a long day - getting so excited now 4 more days :cool1:

davidb69
08-02-2009, 06:35 PM
We have generally only done 20 at the end of the week but this year we were talking about doing it daily. Glad the birthday party went well, 5 more days for us till we go.

Dave

briarbear
08-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Hey everyone, party was great - been a long day - getting so excited now 4 more days :cool1:

Sat was such a great day for a party. Sat. we did a little pre-planning ourselves... We layed in the sun to prepare ourselves for the Fl. sun.:goodvibes

Dave69 did your mousekeeping do a good job? I was thinking of leaving money the last day but worried they wouldnt do anything extra (towel animals etc...).

KAMKIM
08-02-2009, 09:37 PM
The weather yesterday was wonderful - the kids swam for most of the party and then we had a nice fire in the backyard...of course now we're all eaten up by the darn mosquitoes - I swear they are immune to the OFF now.

Well we got 3 more days left, I've packed two of the suitcases, I have the shoes (watershoes, and sandals) and the girls favorite blankets in the one suitcase.

We got the snacks and water bottles in another suitcase.

I plan on going to get myself some more clothes tomorrow, so I'll probably pack all our clothes tomorrow and Tuesday.

I made my Mousekeeping envelopes today too ...I just drew some different colored mickey heads on the envelope and wrote mousekeeping real big on them.

I dont really have anything else to do. I think I'll go watch the vacation DVD for the 10th time :cool1:

kiranic
08-02-2009, 10:58 PM
I have enjoyed reading your pre trip report. Gets me even more excited for our upcoming trip! You are going to be in Disney in only a few short days! Enjoy yourself. Sounds like you have planned everything out.

To everyone who talked about Mousekeeping. Last year I did an envelop every day because I was worried about having different Mousekeepers by the end of the week. Worked well for us! (Our Mousekeeper at WL, Pio, was absolutely great and left a nice note for our daughter at the end of the week!)

davidb69
08-03-2009, 12:32 AM
Dave69 did your mousekeeping do a good job? I was thinking of leaving money the last day but worried they wouldnt do anything extra (towel animals etc...).

Half the time they only seem to do the towel animals for us half the time and last year it seemed like they did it even less, maybe because we didn't leave anything till the last night? DW said because the change who does it everyday that we should tip everyday which does make sense. Maybe they would do more if you tip every night, I havn't thought about it.

KAMKIM
08-03-2009, 09:39 AM
Well its Monday already - just 2 more days.... DH is all packed, the girls will be packed tonight. I'll pack for myself tomorrow...lots of work to do at work but other than that we're ready. I wish we were leaving today. I'm still a little anxious about flying but its a straight flight and alittle over 2 hours long. It should be over pretty fast.

Oh, I also downloaded the Spongebob movie for the girls on their Ipods which are fully charged now and packed so when they get on the plane they will have a new movie to watch - it says it is 1hr and 15 mins long so they should keep them busy for a while.

scoot241
08-03-2009, 09:45 AM
Well its Monday already - just 2 more days.... DH is all packed, the girls will be packed tonight. I'll pack for myself tomorrow...lots of work to do at work but other than that we're ready. I wish we were leaving today. I'm still a little anxious about flying but its a straight flight and alittle over 2 hours long. It should be over pretty fast.

Oh, I also downloaded the Spongebob movie for the girls on their Ipods which are fully charged now and packed so when they get on the plane they will have a new movie to watch - it says it is 1hr and 15 mins long so they should keep them busy for a while.

The Spongebob movie should occupy them for the entire flight. On takeoff and landing electronics aren't allowed, so that should cover the remainder of the time.

Flying can be a little nerve-wracking at first, but once you've done a few flights it's no big deal.

davidb69
08-03-2009, 09:57 AM
The Spongebob movie should occupy them for the entire flight. On takeoff and landing electronics aren't allowed, so that should cover the remainder of the time.

Flying can be a little nerve-wracking at first, but once you've done a few flights it's no big deal.

Flying from Philly we basically had several shows for them to watch. Generally they watched 3 or 4 shows each way, adding up to about 1 hour 30 minutes. There are times when they serve drinks and stuff as well to take up time. Kids love the experience of flying so much(unless there are delays and they get bored). Kids can color if not watching the shows as well. Also if you are taking the Magical Express, please be aware, of probably a 30+ minute wait in line to get on a bus and a 30 minute ride on the actual bus itself. The service is great, just letting you know our experience but then again, we arrived on a saturday and it would probably be a busier time. I love the magical express video, which helps with 5-10 minutes of the trip but the kids just want to be there now when they land. Have a great time.

Nuwanda9
08-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Yea!! :cheer2: It's getting closer!! :yay:

KAMKIM
08-04-2009, 10:51 AM
Yeah :cool1: I leave the day after tomorrow :thumbsup2

We are all packed now.

Everything is by the front door.

Tonight I am going to clean out my fridge (get rid of fruits, veggies, milk etc.)

And I dont really have anything else to do besides that so I'll probably just swim to kill some time. :thumbsup2

davidb69
08-05-2009, 12:13 AM
Have a safe trip and a wonderful time. We'll be ready to follow you there on Friday night. I look forward to your post trip report.

KAMKIM
08-05-2009, 09:43 AM
Yeah!!!!! this time tomorrow - I'll be landing at MCO :cool1:

A few updates

I have been looking forward to my 24hr window for our flight so I could print our boardin passes and hopefully get A so I would know we'd all get to sit together.

Last night I was finished packing and put the suitcases by the door, washed and dried the clothes we wore yesterday (I'm real funny about leaving any dirty clothes in the house while we're gone) did the dishes put those away etc.

My SIL brought my nephews clothes and such last night so we could make sure he had every thing he needed (he asked if he could sleep over which I thought was funny because he wont see his parents for 8 days!) Silly little man. He is sleeping over tonight though to make things easier tomorrow morning...so once they left we got the girls in the bath, finished cleaning up - put the last minute things in the carryons....time to relax....I was hoping to get to bed early because the last few nights I haven't been sleeping well...probably airplane/flying jitters...well that didn't happen..

I mentioned before my mom lives next door to me so her and I were on the porch discussing what we needed to do today and the girls wandered out of bed....DD4 comes out on the porch with us and says I cant wait until my big birthday on Thursday, I wonder what you and Grandma bought me :scared1: I didn't even think about a birthday present on her birthday! We took her to Toys R Us last week and let her pick stuff out....but now the mommy guilt was kicking in and I knew my mom felt the same...thank God for 24 HR Walmart supercenter :rotfl: DH took the girls back to bed and my mom and I went for a quick shopping trip to grab something for DD's BIG birthday Thursday....

So we get back home and are sitting on the porch again - I mention I plan on giving myself extra time in the morning before work to print our boarding passes....5 minutes later the sky is lighting up and the thunder is rumbling...all of a sudden we hear a huge BOOM and a crack....sparks flying off of the pole infront of our house....cable and internet are out :scared1: Seriously?!?!??!!?!?? Are you kidding me?!?!?! I gotta have internet cause I gotta get A boarding passes!!!!

So I figure worse case scenario - if the cable/internet isn't back on by this morning I'll go to work extra early and print them here....well I woke up and what do you know the little lights on our modem were blinking :banana:

So our flight leaves at 6:50 I print our passes at 7:04 and I got B! B? B! Not happy! But there is nothing I can do about it....it is what it is I guess. I just hope the kids all get to sit with us I really think they (I) will be upset if we cant. Hoping there will be a sympathic soul on the plane tomorrow if we need to ask someone to move so at least the kids can be with an adult from our group. We shall see...

So after all that chaos we get ready to leave for work this morning and I notice DH has his sandals on....I said aren't ya gonna grab your sneakers for work today? He says yes....we leave...get half way to work .....oh no....he forgot his sneakers.... :headache: UGH...turn back around and go home to grab his sneakers (along with my look of I told you so!) So needless to say I was a few minutes late coming in this morning...no big deal but not how I wanted to start my day.....

Well I have no other news, I will probably be back on tonight if not I'll see you all when we get back!!! Have a great week!

:)

KAMKIM
08-05-2009, 10:08 AM
Oh one more thing

TOMORROW TOMORROW I LOVE YA TOMORROW YOU'RE ONLY A DAY AWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Y

Be glad you didn't actually hear me sing that out loud :lmao:

davidb69
08-05-2009, 10:16 AM
Yeah!!!!! this time tomorrow - I'll be landing at MCO :cool1:

A few updates

I have been looking forward to my 24hr window for our flight so I could print our boardin passes and hopefully get A so I would know we'd all get to sit together.

Last night I was finished packing and put the suitcases by the door, washed and dried the clothes we wore yesterday (I'm real funny about leaving any dirty clothes in the house while we're gone) did the dishes put those away etc.

My SIL brought my nephews clothes and such last night so we could make sure he had every thing he needed (he asked if he could sleep over which I thought was funny because he wont see his parents for 8 days!) Silly little man. He is sleeping over tonight though to make things easier tomorrow morning...so once they left we got the girls in the bath, finished cleaning up - put the last minute things in the carryons....time to relax....I was hoping to get to bed early because the last few nights I haven't been sleeping well...probably airplane/flying jitters...well that didn't happen..

I mentioned before my mom lives next door to me so her and I were on the porch discussing what we needed to do today and the girls wandered out of bed....DD4 comes out on the porch with us and says I cant wait until my big birthday on Thursday, I wonder what you and Grandma bought me :scared1: I didn't even think about a birthday present on her birthday! We took her to Toys R Us last week and let her pick stuff out....but now the mommy guilt was kicking in and I knew my mom felt the same...thank God for 24 HR Walmart supercenter :rotfl: DH took the girls back to bed and my mom and I went for a quick shopping trip to grab something for DD's BIG birthday Thursday....

So we get back home and are sitting on the porch again - I mention I plan on giving myself extra time in the morning before work to print our boarding passes....5 minutes later the sky is lighting up and the thunder is rumbling...all of a sudden we hear a huge BOOM and a crack....sparks flying off of the pole infront of our house....cable and internet are out :scared1: Seriously?!?!??!!?!?? Are you kidding me?!?!?! I gotta have internet cause I gotta get A boarding passes!!!!

So I figure worse case scenario - if the cable/internet isn't back on by this morning I'll go to work extra early and print them here....well I woke up and what do you know the little lights on our modem were blinking :banana:

So our flight leaves at 6:50 I print our passes at 7:04 and I got B! B? B! Not happy! But there is nothing I can do about it....it is what it is I guess. I just hope the kids all get to sit with us I really think they (I) will be upset if we cant. Hoping there will be a sympathic soul on the plane tomorrow if we need to ask someone to move so at least the kids can be with an adult from our group. We shall see...

So after all that chaos we get ready to leave for work this morning and I notice DH has his sandals on....I said aren't ya gonna grab your sneakers for work today? He says yes....we leave...get half way to work .....oh no....he forgot his sneakers.... :headache: UGH...turn back around and go home to grab his sneakers (along with my look of I told you so!) So needless to say I was a few minutes late coming in this morning...no big deal but not how I wanted to start my day.....

Well I have no other news, I will probably be back on tonight if not I'll see you all when we get back!!! Have a great week!

:)

I think you said you were flying southwest?

Southwest lets families with kids 5 and under to preboard and those needing assistance before everyone. That allows you to board and have everything set before everyone else no matter what your boarding pass letter is. I think other airlines have simular policies.

Ignore all I said above, they used to do this 2 years ago when we went but apparently changed there polices. See below

This is from southwest.com's website FAQ

Southwest Boarding FAQ (http://www.southwest.com/help/boardingschool/faq.html)

Do families still get to preboard?
A: An adult traveling with a child four years old or younger will board between the "A" and "B" boarding groups, unless you have an "A" boarding pass. Those Customers holding an "A" boarding pass should board with the "A" boarding group. With an all-jet fleet outfitted with comfortable, leather seats, our families traveling with small children are easily accommodated together

With this you should still have plenty of room to sit together, but it's still annoying.

Disney Since 73
08-05-2009, 10:19 AM
Hope you and your family have a great trip! Ride Tower of Terror at DHS and you won't ever fear flying again!!!

KAMKIM
08-05-2009, 01:33 PM
The annoying thing is DD is 4 today....but will be 5 tomorrow :lmao:

KAMKIM
08-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Hope you and your family have a great trip! Ride Tower of Terror at DHS and you won't ever fear flying again!!!

oh heights dont scare me...plunging to my death from 40,000 ft scares me....I love rollercoasters, bungee jumpee, sky coaster....no fear....but planes and ferris wheels :scared1:

davidb69
08-05-2009, 01:50 PM
The annoying thing is DD is 4 today....but will be 5 tomorrow :lmao:

It's her birthday, I am sure they'd make an exception.

Hope it all goes well.

Nuwanda9
08-05-2009, 03:51 PM
Oh one more thing

TOMORROW TOMORROW I LOVE YA TOMORROW YOU'RE ONLY A DAY AWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Y

Be glad you didn't actually hear me sing that out loud :lmao:

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
YEA!!!!!!! Have a GREAT time! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!!
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Nuwanda9
08-05-2009, 03:55 PM
oh heights dont scare me...plunging to my death from 40,000 ft scares me....I love rollercoasters, bungee jumpee, sky coaster....no fear....but planes and ferris wheels :scared1:

Heights don't scare me, either, but I do not do roller coasters, bungee jumping or flying!! :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: As long as I am secure in my surroundings it doesn't matter how high I am. It's the falling that scares me!! :eek:

KAMKIM
08-13-2009, 09:14 PM
Well we are home, got back at about 4 this afternoon. Words cant describe this trip. Everything was amazing....from the sweet smell of Main Street, to the liquid sunshine we felt everyday.

It was busy, and it was HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT.

Highlights

Seeing the castle made me cry the first day and the last....buses ran pretty regularly even when the parks closed we didn't have to wait too long...well except for the time the kid standing infront of us puked all over the place. Pop Century was great...we were in the 50's building by the bowling pin pool...next time I will pay for the preferred room for one reason...when your walking back from the bus stop after a long hot day at Magic Kingdom that walk is like the walk of death....Our room was nice and our mousekeeper left us animals with the washclothes each night. We actually got to go to our room early last Thursday, they say your room wont be ready until after 3 but ours was ready by noon. And our luggage was there shortly after...little note - they dont start delivering the luggage until after 3 but if you've been there and your room is ready you can just call down and they will bring yours right up. The beds were okay...kind of hard..we have a pillowtop at home so it was def too firm for us but after a long day at those parks I could have slept on the bus and not cared.

The food court was okay but be prepared by 9 it is PACKED!

I really liked their gift shop they had everything you could imagine/want/need

The pool was ahhhhh not what I expected...I needed something refreshing in that heat and getting into those pools was like stepping into a warm bath - we went swimming everyday cause it was a little relief from the heat but I'd like it alot cooler.

The dining plan was awesome...for the 4 of us most of our gratuity ran about 15 per meal which is exactly what I budgeted for....we got lots of snacks and lots of food

The refillable mugs more than paid for themselves by the second day...we got drinks in the morning, afternoon and when we got back at night.

The plane ride there - scared the crap out of me but the plane ride back was alright...I knew what to expect so I wasn't scared at all.

I will most likely start my Post Trip Report tomorrow night....I am somewhat Disnied out lol...I missed my cat, Pepsi, and my front loading washing machine :rotfl: It was heartbreaking leaving Magic Kingdom after Wishes last night but man is it good to be home.

briarbear
08-14-2009, 01:32 AM
Welcome home! I can't wait to read your report. Did u have a lay-over or was it a direct flight? I think I'm most nervous about the flight, so any advice on making it a smooth flight would be so fantasic!!??

KAMKIM
08-14-2009, 10:56 AM
Well I am well rested (almost) and back to work already - got my last load of laundry done last night and souvenirs all have a home now.

Regarding the flying, I was so terrified of getting on the plane, I was VERY quiet on the way to the airport and getting into the plane and everything, take off was a little nerve wrecking and landing made me nervous but from Buffalo to Orlando it took a little over 2 hours - it really was over very quickly. I didn't bring anything to read but the games on my phone kept me a little distracted. I dont think I could have concentrated on reading anything anyways....on the way home I was much more relaxed and was even looking out of the window..and then fell asleep, well as much as I could in the tiny seats you have...the pilot talked to us more on the way back and I think that calmed my nerves a little.

scoot241
08-14-2009, 03:18 PM
Welcome back!

briarbear
08-17-2009, 10:27 PM
I wish I had a direct flight there. We have a lay-over in Atlanta so our trip will be about 4.5 hrs.:eek: How long did it take u to get through security? Sorry I'm not trying to hijack ur thread Im just glad to find another B-lo girl on the page!!! I hope there's enough room in my suitecasses for all my issues. ;)

KAMKIM
08-18-2009, 11:52 AM
I wish I had a direct flight there. We have a lay-over in Atlanta so our trip will be about 4.5 hrs.:eek: How long did it take u to get through security? Sorry I'm not trying to hijack ur thread Im just glad to find another B-lo girl on the page!!! I hope there's enough room in my suitecasses for all my issues. ;)

No problem ask away! On the way there it took us about 10 mins through security - maybe a little longer since my mom has a fake hip and had to go in the time out box to be checked extra well.

On the way back security was packed but still only took us maybe 10 mins....take your shoes off while you are in line, grab the grey bins and put your bags in individually...this saved alot of time...then when we got through the metal detector we grabbed all our stuff off the belt and moved off to the side...also we all wore slip on sneakers...also saved lots of time.

briarbear
08-20-2009, 11:38 PM
We where told to arrive 2hrs. ahead, that means 4am:scared1: Im NOT a morning person! 4 days to go:dance3::cool1::cool1::cool1:. I cant wait to hear about your dinning experiances!