PDA

View Full Version : On-line annual pass purchase

mimmiepnp
07-09-2009, 10:53 AM
What website do I go to to buy annual pass with DVC discount? I am sure that I am looking in the wrong spot but I just can't seem to find it.

Thank you

Donna
07-09-2009, 11:07 AM
there is a link on the member website; i think it's under perks.

AKVTiger
07-09-2009, 11:15 AM
there is a link on the member website; i think it's under perks.

Here is the link. http://dvc.disney.go.com/dvc/member/perk/memberPerkDetail?id=WDWAnnualPassMemberSavingsPage

It is hidden deep in the DVC member's website.

BigEeyore
07-09-2009, 11:29 AM
I just ordered our AP's and I had to do it over the phone. MS told me that you can only do renewals online w/ your DVC discount. Also told me prices are most likely going up beginning of August, so I was glad I ordered now at today's prices. They don't mail you anything FYI - you give a CC# and get billed for it now, then when you get to WDW you have to go to a guest relations booth and present ID and membership card to get your AP's.

cheezNE1
07-09-2009, 12:05 PM
I just ordered our AP's and I had to do it over the phone. MS told me that you can only do renewals online w/ your DVC discount. Also told me prices are most likely going up beginning of August, so I was glad I ordered now at today's prices. They don't mail you anything FYI - you give a CC# and get billed for it now, then when you get to WDW you have to go to a guest relations booth and present ID and membership card to get your AP's.

I ordered mine thru the dvcmember site the first time, they sent me the plastice card which i bring to the park to exhange for the actual pass. Then i renewed on the same website and they sent me 2 new green plastic cards that i need to bring to the park to exchange also.

Donna
07-09-2009, 12:30 PM

that is very strange, i've only ever bought NEW ap's on the site and always got a voucher in the mail. maybe if you're too close to your trip they have you pick it up at the will call window. in fact, i tried to RENEW online once and had problems so just renewed at guest relations once i got down there.

iteachlit
07-09-2009, 03:38 PM
that is very strange, i've only ever bought NEW ap's on the site and always got a voucher in the mail. maybe if you're too close to your trip they have you pick it up at the will call window. in fact, i tried to RENEW online once and had problems so just renewed at guest relations once i got down there.

I bought four APs through the link on dvcmember.com. It forwards you to a Disney ticket page with the correct rates for the DVC pass discount. We got a print-at-home voucher. We weren't mailed a thing.

Donna
07-09-2009, 03:43 PM
I bought four APs through the link on dvcmember.com. It forwards you to a Disney ticket page with the correct rates for the DVC pass discount. We got a print-at-home voucher. We weren't mailed a thing.

that must be new since i bought mine which was awhile ago. sounds much more efficient too.

iteachlit
07-09-2009, 05:49 PM
that must be new since i bought mine which was awhile ago. sounds much more efficient too.

I ordered them in February of this year. It doesn't take long to spend $1,600, does it?

mom2rb
07-09-2009, 07:45 PM

This is what I did last night. With the rumor of a price increase, I didn't want to wait until September.

lulubelle
07-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Can you buy/purchase one now and not activate it until 2010? I know I am buying one for our trip next year and am willing to pay now instead of later to save $$$.

BirdsOfPreyDave
07-10-2009, 05:28 AM
Can you buy/purchase one now and not activate it until 2010? I know I am buying one for our trip next year and am willing to pay now instead of later to save $$$.Yes, when you buy online or over the phone what you get is a voucher (or will-call confirmation number). The date doesn't start ticking on the annual pass until you exchange the voucher at a Guest Relations location.

Sorry, I'm too lazy to go back and find the quotes to pull from the rest of the thread, but there are actually two different places to go for annual pass purchases.

If you're buying a new pass, you do it through the link on the member web site. A link has been posted in this thread, but to find it again, you follow this path through the web site...

Member Privileges (at the top of the page), Member Perks (on the page that appears), Walt Disney World (on the next page), "Walt Disney World Annual Pass Savings and More Disney Magic" (on the WDW Perks page), "Walt Disney World Annual Pass Savings" link (near the top of the next page), "Walt Disney World Ticket Store" link (mid-way down on this page).

Pfew! It is buried.

If you are renewing your current DVC discounted pass, you do it through the annual passholder web site. Go to the main Disney World web site at http://www.disneyworld.com. At the top right of the Walt Disney World section, you'll see a link for "passholders." This link will require you to sign in by entering the information from the back of your annual pass. Once you've logged in, you'll see a link on the left side of the page for renewals.

When you enter the renewal page, it will recognize that your ticket was purchased with a DVC discount, and show you the DVC discounted renewal rates. I just did this about a week ago and it worked fine for me.

Since you need to go to a Guest Relations window to exchange a voucher for a pass anyway, I chose the "will call" option. I didn't see any point in paying to have them mail something I need to go to the same window to exchange. I figure I'm responsible enough not to lose the email confirmation.

A word of advise. Some folks have posted that they were not offered the DVC discounted rates on this web site. Make sure the system recognized your tickets and is giving you the correct rate before you pay. It will clearly say "DVC annual pass renewal" in the description.

If you're a new DVC member and will be renewing a pass that wasn't originally purchased with the DVC discount, you won't be able to do that online. You'll need to do it over the phone or make the purchase at a Guest Relations location.

The phone number for annual pass renewals is 407-560-PASS (7277).

mimmiepnp
07-10-2009, 08:49 AM
I just checked the web site to order which was easy enough but the shipping asked for either will call or ticket delivery by mail.

What will I be getting if I ask for mail delivery as I only want the voucher so I can activate in November when I go. Is it the voucher that they will be sending or the annual pass ticket. If it is the AP when is it activated, is it the day they ship it?

Now I am confused

Thanks

Mimmiepnp :)

erionm
07-10-2009, 08:51 AM
I just checked the web site to order which was easy enough but the shipping asked for either will call or ticket delivery by mail.

What will I be getting if I ask for mail delivery as I only want the voucher so I can activate in November when I go. Is it the voucher that they will be sending or the annual pass ticket. If it is the AP when is it activated, is it the day they ship it?

Now I am confused

Thanks

Mimmiepnp :)
If you select delivery, they will send you an exchange voucher. You will then have to trade the voucher for an actual AP once you get to WDW. Your year begins when you exchange.

mimmiepnp
07-10-2009, 09:08 AM
Thank you for all the help. I just placed an order!!

Yippee. Now another reason to go more!!

Mimmiepnp

kimpossible
07-24-2009, 04:11 PM
Yes, when you buy online or over the phone what you get is a voucher (or will-call confirmation number). The date doesn't start ticking on the annual pass until you exchange the voucher at a Guest Relations location.

Sorry, I'm too lazy to go back and find the quotes to pull from the rest of the thread, but there are actually two different places to go for annual pass purchases.

If you're buying a new pass, you do it through the link on the member web site. A link has been posted in this thread, but to find it again, you follow this path through the web site...

Member Privileges (at the top of the page), Member Perks (on the page that appears), Walt Disney World (on the next page), "Walt Disney World Annual Pass Savings and More Disney Magic" (on the WDW Perks page), "Walt Disney World Annual Pass Savings" link (near the top of the next page), "Walt Disney World Ticket Store" link (mid-way down on this page).

Pfew! It is buried.

If you are renewing your current DVC discounted pass, you do it through the annual passholder web site. Go to the main Disney World web site at http://www.disneyworld.com. At the top right of the Walt Disney World section, you'll see a link for "passholders." This link will require you to sign in by entering the information from the back of your annual pass. Once you've logged in, you'll see a link on the left side of the page for renewals.

When you enter the renewal page, it will recognize that your ticket was purchased with a DVC discount, and show you the DVC discounted renewal rates. I just did this about a week ago and it worked fine for me.

Since you need to go to a Guest Relations window to exchange a voucher for a pass anyway, I chose the "will call" option. I didn't see any point in paying to have them mail something I need to go to the same window to exchange. I figure I'm responsible enough not to lose the email confirmation.

A word of advise. Some folks have posted that they were not offered the DVC discounted rates on this web site. Make sure the system recognized your tickets and is giving you the correct rate before you pay. It will clearly say "DVC annual pass renewal" in the description.

If you're a new DVC member and will be renewing a pass that wasn't originally purchased with the DVC discount, you won't be able to do that online. You'll need to do it over the phone or make the purchase at a Guest Relations location.

The phone number for annual pass renewals is 407-560-PASS (7277).

Just to add to this. I tried to renew our passes online to avoid price increases, but you can only renew 30 days before expiration. If someone knows otherwise, I would love to know. Thanks.

BirdsOfPreyDave
07-25-2009, 07:11 AM
Just to add to this. I tried to renew our passes online to avoid price increases, but you can only renew 30 days before expiration. If someone knows otherwise, I would love to know. Thanks.Give them a call at 407-560-PASS (7277) and see if they'll do it early.

honeymo78
07-25-2009, 07:24 AM
When you get the renewal voucher through the passholder website, how long do you have to turn it in for your renewed ap? Our pass expires in dec but we won't be back to Disney until next Sept. We still want to renew since an ap is cheaper than the park hopper. Can anyone tell me how nuxh the savings is between a new dvc ap and a renewal?

BirdsOfPreyDave
07-25-2009, 07:50 AM
When you get the renewal voucher through the passholder website, how long do you have to turn it in for your renewed ap? Our pass expires in dec but we won't be back to Disney until next Sept. We still want to renew since an ap is cheaper than the park hopper. Can anyone tell me how nuxh the savings is between a new dvc ap and a renewal?When you do a renewal, the date of the new ticket is based on the expiration of the old ticket. Your renewed pass will expire one year after your existing pass regardless of when you exchange your voucher. You could pick up your AP in September, but it would expire in December.

That's part of the dilema of choosing between a renewal and a new ticket. If you can't be there for several months after the renewal date, it may be a better value to buy a new pass instead.

When will you return again in 2010? If it would be between December 2009 and September 2010, purchasing a new AP instead of renewing your current one would allow you to get two trips out of that one pass.

New pass with DVC discount: $369
Pass renewal with DVC discount: $324

honeymo78
07-25-2009, 09:19 AM
Thanks Dave. Regardless of whether we renew in Dec or get a new one in Sept we will only get the one trip out of it as we won't return after that until mid Oct 2010. We were hoping to buy vouchers before the rate increase but we won't have the extra cash until after this years trip.

mom3sonstt
07-25-2009, 10:38 AM
My son's pass expires in the middle of our upcoming trip. We don't arrive until Aug 2nd, which I am hearing is the new price increase date (???). We had planned to just renew his pass when we went over to exchange our vouchers, now I am thinking maybe we should renew his online before we go to avoid the price increase. Since we are leaving on Friday we obviously wouldn't receive anything in the mail - what do you get for proof of purchase in such a short turnaround time?

BirdsOfPreyDave
07-26-2009, 03:04 PM
If you select the will-call option, you print out the confirmation page from the web site and take that with you.

DisneyMimi
07-27-2009, 10:02 AM
New pass with DVC discount: $369
Pass renewal with DVC discount: $324

Where did you find these rates....:confused3 I only saw $474 for DVC members? I'm hoping that I'm looking in the wrong place. :goodvibes

erionm
07-27-2009, 10:19 AM
Where did you find these rates....:confused3 I only saw $474 for DVC members? I'm hoping that I'm looking in the wrong place. :goodvibes
$474 is the current price of an DVC Discounted Premium Annual Pass for adults (ages 10+). Prices are rumored to be going up on 8/2.

BigMama
07-27-2009, 10:43 AM
I called MS yesterday and ordered 3 passes the total came to 1178 (regular passes) and they told me to go to guest relations to pick them up

I also bought a 10 day hopper for a friend I will pick that up there also.

I wanted to get the TIW card but I got off the phone and didn't want to call back, I am assuming I can just do this when I get there?:confused3

erionm
07-27-2009, 11:28 AM
I called MS yesterday and ordered 3 passes the total came to 1178 (regular passes) and they told me to go to guest relations to pick them up

I also bought a 10 day hopper for a friend I will pick that up there also.

I wanted to get the TIW card but I got off the phone and didn't want to call back, I am assuming I can just do this when I get there?:confused3
Yes, you can get the TiW card at any theme park or downtown disney guest services location. MS would not be able to sell it to you anyway.

BigMama
07-27-2009, 11:35 AM
Yes, you can get the TiW card at any theme park or downtown disney guest services location. MS would not be able to sell it to you anyway.

Thank you for such a quick response

I am glad I didn't call back I will get it when I pick up tickets! Thanks again.:flower3:

BirdsOfPreyDave
07-27-2009, 11:39 AM
Where did you find these rates....:confused3 I only saw $474 for DVC members? I'm hoping that I'm looking in the wrong place. :goodvibesThere are two types of DVC annual passes.

The regular annual pass, the prices I quoted, allows you entry into the four major theme parks: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom.

The premium annual pass, the $474 price you saw, also includes access to the Water Park Fun and More locations: Blizzard Beach, Tyhpoon Lagoon, Disney Quest, Wide World of Sports, and Disney's Oak Trails Golf Course.

You can find details and prices for purchasing new passes by following this complicated trail through the member web site:

Member Privileges menu at the top of the page
Member Perks option on the menu
Walt Disney World Resort link on the page that comes up
Walt Disney World Annual Pass Savings and More Disney Magic link on the page that comes up
Walt Disney World Annual Pass Savings link on the page that comes up
Walt Disney World Ticket Store link that is about half way down when you scroll the page that comes up

For renewals, use the passholders link at the top of the Disney World main web site at www.disneyworld.com. You'll need information from the back of your current pass (or voucher) to enter the passholder section of the web site. You'll see the renewal link on the left side of the screen near the bottom.

DisneyMimi
07-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Thank you! Gonna order today for our November vacation! :banana: Every $$$ counts when going to see Mickey!

7thton
07-27-2009, 02:46 PM
If I buy an annual pass and use it for the first time on Feb. 1, 2010 will it expire on Feb. 1, 2011 or will it expire at the end of Feb., 2011?

erionm
07-27-2009, 03:12 PM
If I buy an annual pass and use it for the first time on Feb. 1, 2010 will it expire on Feb. 1, 2011 or will it expire at the end of Feb., 2011?
If you buy on site, they will expire 1 year from the date of purchase.

If you purchase an exchange voucher via the member website or from MS, your pass will expire 1 year from when you pick up your actual pass.

If you purchase on-site or exchange for the actual ap on 2/1/2010, the pass will exipre on 2/1/2011.

7thton
07-27-2009, 03:26 PM
If you buy on site, they will expire 1 year from the date of purchase.

If you purchase an exchange voucher via the member website or from MS, your pass will expire 1 year from when you pick up your actual pass.

If you purchase on-site or exchange for the actual ap on 2/1/2010, the pass will exipre on 2/1/2011.

Ok, thanks!

BirdsOfPreyDave
07-27-2009, 05:58 PM
If I buy an annual pass and use it for the first time on Feb. 1, 2010 will it expire on Feb. 1, 2011 or will it expire at the end of Feb., 2011?You'll be able to use it for the last time on Feb 1, 2011.