PDA

View Full Version : Bengal BBQ recipe- I tried it! W/pics!

PinkBudgie
07-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Ok, I've decided I just have to have some more Banyan Beef. ;) I did a general search for it and it seems others have asked and found it, but all the links I find are now broken. It seems they do or did give out the recipe. Does anyone have this? It sure would be good! :lovestruc

LavenderPeach
07-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Here are a couple of links I found that you could try:

http://www.grouprecipes.com/76091/skewered-bengal-barbecue-beef.html

http://disneyrecipes.homestead.com/BengalBBQbeef.html

PinkBudgie
07-10-2009, 03:16 PM
Oh! Thanks! That looks like it might be it! :thumbsup2 I'm going to try it when we get back from the in-laws!

cirquelovers
07-13-2009, 04:08 PM
In my save file I have copies of the sauces from someone that worked there. I think I got them from the Creative Community board on a thread about Disney dishes. I can post them if that's allowed here. Sadly I don't think I know who they came from.

PinkBudgie
07-13-2009, 10:15 PM
I don't know if there are rules about recipes or not. :rotfl: I think I'm ok now. Those two links had the same recipe so I think that must be it. I'm going to try. I just need to get some of the ingredients. I didn't think to check the creative forum for recipes. I'll have to wander over and see if I can search there. :)

cirquelovers
07-15-2009, 01:45 AM
Here is what I have saved. I'm sorry for not giving credit to whomever posted this but here goes:

Bengal BBQ Sauces

Tahitian Sauce (Chicken Dip)
Whole Cloves 4 each
Red Wine Vinegar 1 tblsp.
Catsup 1 cup
Crushed Pineapple 1/2 cup
Pineapple Juice 1/2 cup
Brown Sugar 1/2 cup
Soy Sauce 1/2 cup
Orange Juice Conc. 1/4 cup
Water 3 tblsp.

Simmer cloves in vinegar for 5-10 minutes. Strain cloves and add other ingredients. Bring mixture to slow boil over medium heat.

Tonkatsu Sauce (Chicken Marinade)
Teriyaki Sauce 1 cup
Soy Sauce 1 cup
Red Wine Vinegar 1 tblsp.
Brown Sugar 1 cup
Sherry Cooking Wine 1/2 cup
Whole Bay Leaf 2 each
Ground Black Pepper 1 tblsp.
Fresh Ginger Root 3 tblsp.
Fresh Garlic 2 tblsp.

Mix ingredients and marinade chicken overnight in your refrigerator.

Korean Sauce (beef dip)
WARNING: Very Hot Sauce
Soy Sauce 1 cup
Water 1 ½ cup
Ground Black Pepper 1 tblsp.
Sesame Seed Oil 3 tblsp.
Ground Red Pepper 1 tsp.
Cayenne Pepper 1/2 tsp.
Fresh Garlic 1 tblsp.
Corn Starch 1 tblsp.

Mix all ingredients except cornstarch. Bring to a slow boil over medium heat. Add cornstarch to thicken.

-----

NOTE: These were the sauce recipes BEFORE they were outsourced out (ie N.O. Main Kitchen no longer making them) back in the 90s when I worked at the BBQ

PinkBudgie
07-15-2009, 09:51 AM
Thanks! When I get a chance to try them I'll post what we all thought. :)

PinkBudgie
07-23-2009, 12:19 AM
Tonight we had Bengal BBQ night! We bought a new BBQ at Home Depot on clearance for only $25. Our old BBQ was a tiny little webber, so having one this big was great!

I made the spicey sauce which is the same recipe as above except the version I printed out had 3T of cornstarch which I think was a good amount. Everything else was the same. It was yummy, just like DL! :thumbsup2

I also made veggie skewers but I coated the veggies in olive oil and sprinkled garlic and seasoning on them before cooking.

Finally, I made Tiger Tails (Not to be confused with Tigger Tails! That's for another day! ;) ) These were breadsticks I made from the Italian Seaonings Pizza Dough that you can buy at Trader Joe's. I put butter and olive oil on them and sprinkled parm. cheese on top. The Tiger Tails at Bengal always looked too plain so I improved them.

Our new BBQ:
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p384/PinkBudgie28/BBQ-skewers.jpg

The final product. The sauce goes on after it is cooked.

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p384/PinkBudgie28/Homemade-Bengal-BBQ2.jpg

One more view:

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p384/PinkBudgie28/Homemade-Bengal-BBQ.jpg

It was a lot of work, but DH and two DS15's all liked it. The boys did most of the cooking. They have been into BBQing lately. :) I decided I would make that sauce again to go on other types of meat. It doesn't have to be skewers.

Disneylvrforever
07-23-2009, 01:50 AM
Mmmm...the food looks yummy! I'm glad everything turned out great! :thumbsup2

LavenderPeach
07-23-2009, 08:36 AM
That looks really yummy! Just like the real thing! I like the improvement of putting more potatoes on the veggie skewer. I would have done that too. :thumbsup2

So, which recipe are you going to tackle next? :)

PinkBudgie
07-23-2009, 12:50 PM
That looks really yummy! Just like the real thing! I like the improvement of putting more potatoes on the veggie skewer. I would have done that too. :thumbsup2

So, which recipe are you going to tackle next? :)

The veggie skewer ended up with summer squash, red onion, red and green bell peppers, mushrooms, and those small red potatoes. I cooked the potatoes in the microwave first to soften them up some.

Next? :eek: I can't think of anything else. :confused3 Except for maybe those good fries from Cafe Orleans...

pixiewings71
07-23-2009, 01:21 PM
YUM!!! Next time let me know, I'll come over for dinner! LOL

PinkBudgie
07-23-2009, 07:02 PM
Well, we are having left overs tonight! :)

Burnt Toast
07-23-2009, 07:13 PM
Here is what I have saved. I'm sorry for not giving credit to whomever posted this but here goes

That was me. :D

pixiewings71
07-23-2009, 09:59 PM
Well, we are having left overs tonight! :)

Oh man....and I just now see this, hold on, I'll be there in about 2 hours....LOL Isn't that how far away from me you are? I can't remember LOL

l’amore bella
07-23-2009, 10:02 PM
Wow, that looks delicious! I'm going to look for that pizza dough the next time I'm at Trader Joe's.

prettyprincessbelle
07-24-2009, 11:21 AM
That looks fantastic! You did a wonderful job!!! :)

PinkBudgie
07-24-2009, 11:50 AM
The pizza dough comes in clear bags and can be found in the refrigerator section (not freezer) near the hummis by the produce section. At least at our store anyway. I also buy the reg. pizza dough to make pizzas.

pixiewings71
07-24-2009, 12:57 PM
That's where it is in ours too, it's good pizza/breadstick dough too!!

disneynerd420
07-24-2009, 10:50 PM
I'm so going to try this!

I've already recreated the monte cristo and goofy's kitchen's PB&J pizza. Now I have something new to recreate! :banana:

PinkBudgie
07-25-2009, 12:09 PM
If you, report back to us how yours was and if you added your own improvements. ;)

disneynerd420
07-25-2009, 01:06 PM
I sure will... it may be a little while before I do so, but I will post it on this thread.