PDA

View Full Version : FW campers on GMA

Calway
07-08-2009, 07:47 AM
I just saw a family on Good Morning America that saved vacation money by going to WDW in their travel trailer.
The tv spot was just to show how a driving trip could save you half the money of a usual vacation.
I wonder when this trip was and if the family would make a trip report.
Does anyone know any info out there?

heartsy77
07-08-2009, 08:09 AM
I saw it too! We have a huge trip planned for free dining next year in AUG. It inspired me to open mind to bring our pop up! We have 7 people in family for this trip so a campsite vs two rooms is $$$$. We are considering it ! We would have to rent a bigger SUV with a hitch thought not sure if that is an issue?:confused3

drafthorsecrazy
07-08-2009, 08:15 AM
I saw it too! We have a huge trip planned for free dining next year in AUG. It inspired me to open mind to bring our pop up! We have 7 people in family for this trip so a campsite vs two rooms is $$$$. We are considering it ! We would have to rent a bigger SUV with a hitch thought not sure if that is an issue?:confused3

FREE dining is not offered for the campsites.

heartsy77
07-08-2009, 08:28 AM
FREE dining is not offered for the campsites.

I thought so too! That is why I called CM @ WDW this am and he told me it was allowed?:confused3

medic9016
07-08-2009, 08:35 AM
I thought so too! That is why I called CM @ WDW this am and he told me it was allowed?:confused3

You got bad info. Free dining is not allowed for campsites but is allowed for the cabins.

BigDaddyRog
07-08-2009, 08:35 AM

Since you're coming from N.Y., instead of renting a bigger SUV and cramming 7 into a pop-up....take that SUV rental $ and rent a big ol'luxurious 5th wheel from www.CampAtTheFort.com . You wont have the stress of towing down the east coast,you wont have the headache of setting up the site, you'll save on fuel, and you'll have ALOT more room for those 7 people to stretch out and relax, it sleeps up to 9 people.

www.CampAtTheFort.com AND www.******************** both deliver the camper to your site and set it up, show you anything you may need to know about the camper, sometimes the rental price even includes use of bicycles!! Its the most economical way to camp at Fort Wilderness and surrounding areas. Just a thought to kick around! Im renting from them in October and cant wait for October to get here, and like you, I own a pop-up....but figure this was much easier than towing my own.

2goofycampers
07-08-2009, 11:46 AM
Since you're coming from N.Y., instead of renting a bigger SUV and cramming 7 into a pop-up....take that SUV rental $ and rent a big ol'luxurious 5th wheel from www.CampAtTheFort.com . You wont have the stress of towing down the east coast,you wont have the headache of setting up the site, you'll save on fuel, and you'll have ALOT more room for those 7 people to stretch out and relax, it sleeps up to 9 people.

www.CampAtTheFort.com AND www.******************** both deliver the camper to your site and set it up, show you anything you may need to know about the camper, sometimes the rental price even includes use of bicycles!! Its the most economical way to camp at Fort Wilderness and surrounding areas. Just a thought to kick around! Im renting from them in October and cant wait for October to get here, and like you, I own a pop-up....but figure this was much easier than towing my own.
Great idea ! :thumbsup2

BigDaddyRog
07-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Thanks....I try! ;)

gillenkl
07-08-2009, 01:48 PM
This was the story on GMA - it states that they cooked their meals with groceries brought from home and then bought more groceries while in Florida. I don't believe they had free dining.

http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=100554332991&h=y2RQv&u=YQwoj&ref=nf

heartsy77
07-08-2009, 01:56 PM
This was the story on GMA - it states that they cooked their meals with groceries brought from home and then bought more groceries while in Florida. I don't believe they had free dining.

http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=100554332991&h=y2RQv&u=YQwoj&ref=nf

Well I thought the CM was wrong! It was too good to be true! One of these years we are going to get to FW! We have 7 people in our party free dining is still a better deal!:headache: