PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on SSR spa treatments

lauriegs
07-07-2009, 10:57 PM
I'm here at SSR for the first time and am trying to decide if I should try a spa treatment. I'd prefer to do something I wouldn't do at home (ie. manicure, pedicure). Is there anything you'd highly recommend? I was thinking about possibly the hydro massage therapy.

Can anyone help me out on this one? I'd really appreciate it!

Sammie
07-07-2009, 11:05 PM
The sugar maple body scrub treatment is wonderful, of course you will smell delicious when you come out, so watch out for squirrels. :thumbsup2

disneynutz
07-08-2009, 01:25 AM
Some of the treatments are discounted with a DVC Membership Card. You might check and see if any of those interest you.

lauriegs
07-08-2009, 08:38 AM
Yeah, I looked at those as well. hmm, the scrub sounds interesting, never have had anything done like that.

DoOverDreams
07-08-2009, 08:52 AM
DH and I both did the manicure/peppermint pedicure on our last trip down, and it was wonderful!

I relaxed in the spa for a bit before and after and felt wonderful after. I think I'm adding this to our list of must-do things for every trip.

And we received the DVC discount, which was awfully nice.

Tink&PirateMama
07-08-2009, 08:59 AM
I did the hydrotherapy massage in January- I wasn't a dvc member yet so not sure on if it is discounted. I get massages at home, but not in water- and I wanted to do something different from home. I really enjoyed it! Basicly you get in a tub (you wear a swim suit) and they use the sprayer to massage your body, and there are different colors in the tub, scents as well if I remember, and the best part was this neck/shoulder massage while in the tub, and she put these cool towels on. I would definitely recommend it! very relaxing. It wasn't like a regular massage where it really works out your muscles as much, but it was very, very relaxing and peaceful. But what I wished I'd done was give myself more time at the spa- they have fruit and it just is so relaxing, but I was on my way out after. So give yourself some time after to just enjoy the place!

Have fun whatever you chose! :goodvibes

Ms. WDW
07-08-2009, 08:29 PM
Whatever you do decide to do enjoy :cloud9: and please let us know how the service was!

I've been there a few times and absolutely love the place. If you even want to get a massage do ask for Meghan. She's excellent. I highly recommend her. :thumbsup2