View Full Version : Annual Passes Vs. Park Hopper

07-07-2009, 09:22 AM
Hi there,

I am a relative new DVC member and I am planning my first trip to BLT. I was wondering if it is cheaper buying the annual pass and using it twice over the course of a year (we would do 6 days in 2010 then use it again 6 days in 2011) or just buy park hoppers for the trip?

Rob S.
07-07-2009, 09:30 AM
Definately cheaper to purchase the annual pass. With the DVC discount, an annual pass would only be about $100 more than one 6-day park hopper pass. Plus, the annual pass entitles you to pruchase a TIW card and provides various other discounts.

07-07-2009, 09:33 AM
May I ask what a TIW card is???

Chuck S
07-07-2009, 09:38 AM
May I ask what a TIW card is???

The TIW (Tables in Wonderland) Card used to be known as the DDE (Disney Dining Experience). It is $75, and only available to Annual Pass holders or Florida residents. It entitles you to a 20% disocunt at virtully all Disney operated table service and buffet restaurants, including adult beverages. IT is also good at Counter Service locations in the Value resorts and the Animal Kingdom Park. One card is good for up to 10 people in your party, dining together and on one ticket.

Here is a link to the details: Tables in Wonderland (http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneydiningexperience.htm)

Rob S.
07-07-2009, 09:39 AM
TIW = Tables in Wonderland. It is a discount card that entitles you to a 20% discount on food and beverage (including alcohol) at most table service establishments. The card cost $75 and can be purchased at any guest relations window. The card is good for 13 months. If you plan on spending more than $375 dining, you will come out ahead with the TIW card.