PDA

View Full Version : And Nanny Came Too! Final Thoughts

zummerzet66
07-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Firstly, in case any of you are wondering whether DW (Claire) is a figment of my imagination, as she hasn't appeared in any photos so far, it's because she had the camera the whole time! But we have managed to find a photo that Nanny took!

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll191/zummerzet66/Florida2008039.jpg

So.....highs and lows.

Highs

Opening Animal Kingdom - a fantastic experience, the memories of which will never die. Only regret is that there are no photos.

Big breakfasts on site at Boma, Kona & Captain's Grille, highly recommended to anyone who is yet to try them.

Big breakfast off site at Perkins - the pancakes are excellent and the Meatlover's Scrambler is amazing!

Main meals on site at Chef Mickey's & Plaza - lovely food, atmosphere, service etc.

Main meals off site at Market Street Cafe, House of Blues, Ruby Tuesday, Chili's etc.

Disney - a magical place, what more can I say.

Shopping - Premium Outlets, Festival Bay, Florida Mall etc, and a fantastic exchange rate :thumbs-up

Having Nanny with us - great memories for the kids of having their Grandmother with them at their favourite place on earth.

Lows

Having Nanny with us ;) I guess I was out to prove a point that having an "oldie" with us was not going to slow us down, and I probably took it too far....

Crowds - as this was Spring Break, they were huge. :omg: Thank heavens for Fast Passes! Oddly, we went the same two weeks in April two years earlier, and the crowds were nowhere near as bad, especially the first week.

'Ohana - sadly, this was one of the meals we were most looking forward to, and it simply did not deliver. :nonono:

The flight home, for obvious reasons :cry:

We came home a lot more tired than previously. As DW had to go straight back to work at school the next day (I had an extra day off), she vowed not to return for a few years. It's her change of heart and our new booking that have led to these trip reports being finished. Thanks again for reading! :wavey:

SusanEllen
07-06-2009, 06:18 PM
Thank you, Matt, for your excellent, detailed trip report. I hope you will forgive my not replying to the individual installments as I was having so much fun reading your report I just kept moving on to the next part.

In addition to your very full park days you certainly made the most of your Disney meal times, balancing food and setting with your cleverly planned ADRs. I've lost count of just how many resorts you got to see on the way to a meal. It's a great part of the WDW experience seeing those resorts.

This note is to Claire: Congratulations to the photographer on this trip. You did an outstanding job of illustrating Matt's TR (a job no doubt made easier by having a couple of photogenic kids and a husband so happy to be at WDW he was smiling ear to ear a lot) but I strongly encourage you to get into the habit of occasionally handing your camera to a CM or a park guest and then getting in the shot yourself. I have 17 albums of Disney trips with far too many photos of just my late husband or just me. And in case you're worried about being camera ready for those pictures, listen we all understand about "park hair," mascara that's run after a good splash on Splash Mountain, and makeup that's melted in the FL sun, but you really want to be able to look back at those pictures and see that you were there, too. I was glad to see in Matt's summary that there was at least one photo taken of you this trip. I'll be watching for Matt's next TR and hoping to see lots more pictures with you in them--and your mother, too.

Best luck.

natalielongstaff
07-07-2009, 06:16 AM
thanks for taking the time to post your TR, i really enjoyed it :thumbsup2

Pegasus928
07-07-2009, 07:31 AM
Thanks for posting your TR. The whole point of these is to discover someone elses point of view and experiences and you have detailed yours very well. :thumbsup2

tashasmum
07-07-2009, 11:09 AM
Ahhhh you just answered my question i left on day 15.

suzycute
07-07-2009, 12:39 PM
I've had a great time reading your reports - thanks for taking the time to write them.

When is your next trip? (ie when can we look forward to your next report?)

binkytell
07-07-2009, 06:09 PM
wow you certainly popped those trip reports out fast.

really enjoyed your reports, nearly missed my daughters opticians
appointment today, had to leave at day 10 lol and come back
to it tonight.

cap'njack.
07-08-2009, 06:03 AM
Great trip report. Thank you for sharing it with us all.

jen_uk
07-08-2009, 10:16 AM
Great trip report :thumbsup2 So when are you going back then?

mandymouse
07-09-2009, 08:26 AM
Thanks for sharing your great reports. It was nice to finally see your DW too :)

buzz for boys
07-09-2009, 02:28 PM
this has to be one of the quickest put together trip reports ever !!
I have really enjoyed reading them and have been clicking from one to the other !! I cant believe you had such a bad experience at ohanas we loved it there but then we did breakfast !
Thanks for letting me read all about your trip i loved it !!!

All Star Paul
07-14-2009, 06:52 AM
Thanks for sharing your trip report I enjoyed reading it. Look forward to your next one. We are going O'Hanas for the first time in August hope it is a good experience. Will probably do my own trip report so keep an eye open for a follow up on O'Hanas.:thumbsup2

wicket2005
07-14-2009, 07:34 AM
Thanks for sharing.