07-06-2009, 04:13 PM
Sunday 13th April 2008

The Cast:

Me (Matt) 42, though young at heart!
DW (Claire) 41, and ditto
DS11 (Samuel), already a teenager!
DS9 (Tommy), daredevil coaster rider!
and Nanny!

With a visit to Hollywood Studios on the cards, we decide to give Cracker Barrel a try for breakfast, as we've read a lot about the place on here (not all of it good, but you get that with any restaurant, one man's meat being another man's poison, and all that). As we walk in, we are struck by the styling - so far so good, and exactly as we'd expected. The food is another story....

Me: Momma's Country Breakfast
DW 7 both DS's: Maple Pancakes
Nanny: Pecan Pancakes

Now then, there is nothing wrong with the service here and, like I said, we like the look of the place, with the country store built in to it, but these are the most tasteless pancakes we have ever had. They don't taste bad, they just don't taste of ANYTHING! It comes in at $40 with the tip, and I'm sorry, but it is not money well spent.

Never mind, off to DHS. The park is already open when we get there, so we head for Star Tours, as it was one of the kids' favourites last time round, and they are still big fans of the movies. On the way we spot a couple of CMs lurking outside Sounds Dangerous, so we head on over as we can see what they are holding behind their backs. Sure enough, we all presented with Year Of A Million Dreams Mickey Ears, which we proudly put on (though the kids refuse to let us take their picture with them on!). We've never done Sounds Dangerous before, and probably won't again, in fairness, but it's okay, and worth it for the YOMD Ears.

And so on to Star Tours, where we bag FP's as well as joining the Standby line. Having ridden, we straight back round and use the FPs, though Nanny sits out the second time, as the ride has jolted her back a little bit.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll191/zummerzet66/Florida2008077.jpg

Next up is Muppetvision, in which we make sure we have seats in the middle of a row, as we were right on the end of a row last time, and the 3-D effects didn't work very well. No such problem this time, and we are thoroughly entertained. After this we do the Backlot Tour. There is no film being made using a pre-selected family as "stars", but the tour is still good, and I do the chivalrous thing by shielding Nanny from the torrent of water in Catastrophe Canyon, getting a soaking wet back for my troubles.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll191/zummerzet66/Florida2008081.jpg

The Indiana Jones show is next which we all enjoy, especially as last time round the giant rolling ball thing didn't work! We had intended to do Lights, Motors Action, but it is cancelled because of the rain so we do the Great Movie Ride instead, which keeps us entertained for a while!

We'd decided to have an Earl of Sandwich for tea, so we leave the park and head over to DTD, where we have:

Me: Hawaiian BBQ
DW: Earl's Club
DS11 Hawaiian BBQ
DS9: Kids Turkey & Swiss
Nanny: Le Frenchy

$32 with three giant refillable drinks seems pretty good to me.

Back to the villa for a quite unwinding end to the day, with pool time and more Central Florida News 13 and Weather On The 1's!

natalielongstaff
07-07-2009, 03:07 AM
Fab day today topped of with a visit to Earl of sandwich :thumbsup2 lovely !

jamjar84
07-07-2009, 05:41 AM
Another fab day. :)

tashasmum
07-07-2009, 10:28 AM
Have to agree with what you said about Cracker Barrel. We were recommended to try it by some american friends. We went for evening meal but the food comes out and is all the same colour, at least ours was, it was beige.:rotfl:
Love the Earl of Sandwich hawaiian bbq:thumbsup2.

suzycute
07-07-2009, 12:09 PM
Great that you were sprinkled with some pixie dust and won YOMD ears!! :thumbsup2

cap'njack.
07-08-2009, 05:13 AM
Good reault with the YOMD ears...shame about the breakfast though.

mandymouse
07-09-2009, 07:50 AM
Mmm, the food at Earl of Sandwich sound delish :thumbsup2

Pinky166
07-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Yummy! I love Earl's. :goodvibes

jockey
07-11-2009, 12:29 PM
Lovely day, we love the earl of sandwich too :)

wicket2005
07-13-2009, 08:50 AM
Lovely day. We tried the EoS back in December for the first time and loved it, definitely on our to do list later this month.