PDA

View Full Version : Daily Grind

joyah
07-03-2009, 10:18 AM
~The Daily Grind~ 7/3/09

guess everyone is out playing and so there are no to do lists.

since I have a ton to do I started the thread.

Hope you're all having fun at the beach or playing with family

make WW potato salad (1st time hopefully it will be good)done
clean kitchen done
take last of jam to the basement done
take canning equipment/extra jars to basement done
table out of living room done
cleanin dinning room table off done
sweep/vac/mop kitchen, mudroom, living room and bathroom
dig out quilt top I started on monday and iron it.found it
clean off scrap table so I can have both projects outworking on it I have too much paper I'm placing my self on a paper buying band.
clean office/scrap room floor boys have their projects all over their desk and floor area.
beg and plead with husband to think about starting the addition I need more space in the kitchen area. course haying comes 1st.

still keeping fingers and toes crossed on the job, they haven't hired anyone yet.

Have a great 4th everyone

rlovew
07-03-2009, 11:26 AM
Today:

rest
send some mail (I just need to drop it in the box)
pay credit card
go to dinner for our 10th Anniversary- we took our trip last month but today is the actual day

Rebecca

ddavis860
07-03-2009, 11:32 AM
I'm here too!!! :wave:

1 day off, so I've been kind of relaxing...

Today I made a new recipe in my crockpot...got rave reviews at work when a girl brought it for a party, but this is the home debut... Tortilla Chicken Casserole from the Fix It and Forget It Light cookbook...I'll report back later if it was a hit...

I have to get potatoes and eggs on to boil for potato salad... I think DH bought 20lbs so I can take some to work and still leave some here for him :rotfl2:

Climbing Mt Washmore today too :laundy:

AND watching the Netflix movie I got AND old DVR stuff... :teeth:

Lisa
07-03-2009, 11:49 AM
today is a good day to do nothing until the rain starts.

we went for a ride down to the shore, checked out DD's camp for August. - done
Grocery shopping - done
Made meatloaf for dinner. Our office cafe had it on the menu yesterday, I just had to make some. Yum, it's one of my favorite comfort foods.
Throw a load of towels in the wash - done
Order pictures thru Shutterfly.
Maybe scrap a little, maybe take a nap.:idea: :thumbsup2

joyah
07-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Rebecca happy anniversay

Deb that sound wonderful I have the regular fix it and forget it, could you share the recipie? Chicken is the 1 meat we eat that we don't raise and since I don't have a back log of it I have very few recipies that we make.

Lisa I like you day. My laundry is stacking up and I'm trying to get it started but the sun is out and I want to go out and play instead. I haven't even thought about dinner and yours is already made.

all I've managed to accomplish is the potato salad and cleaning the kitchen. Off to move the jam downstairs, poor knees are still killing me from all the standing when I was making the jam and stairs are the worst.

ddavis860
07-03-2009, 01:47 PM
Watched New In Town...I liked it... might buy this one...

PrincessNancy96
07-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Have some things to do but if they get done ~ they get done.. if not.. they'll be there tomorrow!

We actually just got back from lunch downtown, some mall browsing and we walked about 4 miles around downtown and the canal.. I think I'm going to take a nap and than start dinner and get to scrappin'... I think I'm gonna let the oven do dinner so I can scrap some more.. I'm in the mood... made some decisions about some things and am going to get some scrappin' caught up and not worry about older scrappin'.... I have an idea and need to find a book, may run out after bit and see if my idea will work...

joyah
07-03-2009, 03:09 PM
glad you made some decisions about scrappin' nancy. I need to get caught up I did okay with 08, 09 well haven't done a page. I'd been doing really well then the desk got piled on at xmas and never really got back over there cleaned, piled and cleaned some more but now it's piled again and I'm grumpy about it. As soon as the dishwasher is empty and refilled I'm cleaning again, I've got to since I've got the quilting hobby back out I need to put up the other little table for the machine. The cutting table/ cricut table is cleaned off. now to get my desk done. Dishwasher first though.
Wish I could say they'll be here tomorrow but I wont be so they gotta get done today.

morgansmom2000
07-03-2009, 04:10 PM
Worked a short day today. Met DH and Morgan for lunch and then did some shopping over in that direction, since I was there.

Found a bunch of stuff on clearance at Mike's. They had the K&Co. baby girl and baby boy stuff - 12x12 albums, 12x12 paper pads, and an 8.5x8.5 album for $5 each...I bought some girl and boy stuff - my niece (who found out she had a brain tumor weeks after she got married in 2007), is PREGNANT! She's going to find out what she's having, so hopefully, before the 60 days is up, to return it she'll know and I can return the other. I'm feeling boy, but... who knows? Speaking of which, does anyone have a list of pages for a baby album, you know, first photo, first tooth, etc.?

We have no plans for the holiday. May go and do some shopping over near Holly, maybe I'll go kidnap her for an hour!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

morgansmom2000
07-03-2009, 04:11 PM
Oh, and Happy Anniversary Rebecca! Hope you're feeling better.

morgansmom2000
07-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Oh, and Ann, the cat probably smells funny to his sister. It takes a few days before they realize that they're the same and all will be okay ;) I'm sure he's glad to have some freedom.

AlexWyattMommy
07-03-2009, 08:27 PM
I wondered about them being apart for so long if maybe they "forgot" each other. I have never heard her hiss before.

Happy Anniversary Rebecca!!

Took my Eldest to Dave & Busters for the first time. My first time too. Oh, wow, that place was fun. But the most amazing thing - was their FOOD! Who would have thought that the food would be good? :confused3 But not only good, I can not remember eating anyplace else where all the food was so good. I got the corporate number so I can on Monday and tell them just how much of a dis-service they are doing to themselves not advertising how good the food is. The games are just extra. And the service was outstanding too.
Oh, and we did end up with two t-shirts with our winnings with some points left over to take Little Bit when he comes home from my ILs. :thumbsup2

Lisa
07-03-2009, 11:11 PM
Didn't take a nap, but did work on a digital storybook for my DN as a Christmas present. I just need to get a picture of one her horses and her other Grandmother.

Then I can upload it for printing!:banana:

Ann, I've never been to Dave and Busters either. Next time I go to Baltimore I will have to check it out.

morgansmom2000
07-04-2009, 06:13 AM
There's one in Providence, in the ginormous mall we drive by every time we go to Roger Williams Park Zoo (or the Performing Arts Center or whatever), but have NEVER been to. We've got the pass for the Zoo this week, maybe we'll end up there afterward.

Thanks for the tip!

AlexWyattMommy
07-04-2009, 09:47 AM
Get the Philly Cheesesteak egg rolls. Sounds disgusting, but they are soo good especially if you put the banana peppers, chopped tomatoes and cheese sauce on them. We fought over the last one. :rotfl2:

It's like a Chuckie Cheese/Mr. Gatty's for big kids. But it is kept much cleaner, bigger games and more simulator/ride type games.

I don't like waiting for a table. I won't wait more then 15 minutes for a Chili, TGIFriday, Cracker Barrel or Outback. I would wait 45 or more for this food. The food really was that good.

morgansmom2000
07-04-2009, 01:49 PM
Good to know! I'll be sure to check it out!