PDA

View Full Version : We are having a family reunion

luapgib
07-01-2009, 03:06 PM
Ok before I get ahead of myself this reunion will not take place at Disney:mad: but it will be fun none the less. However I thought this could apply here because the help I am requesting seems like it can best be answered in this forum.
Anyway there will be 23 of us :grouphug:at a large lake house with ample grounds to use. We will vary in age from 5 weeks-53. The group is made up of 4 sisters. Their spouses. Their kids and finally 7 grandkids. My mission for all those willing to accept is to help me come up with some fun, wacky, athletic activities for the week. I am thinking of things that are tangible and can be scored. Then at the end of the week there will be some sort of prize (second hand trophy) for the winning individual and family:cheer2:.
So come on let me have it. What are some things your family has done or has seen done or has wished you could have done. Every idea will be taken into consideration. I have some of my own but I want to make sure all age groups and genders have fun. It is ok for them to be competitive and wacky as well.
You may begin submitting your ideas at 3:08 eastern on the first of July. Thank you.

Born 2 Fish
07-01-2009, 05:25 PM
If I am read'n your post right,,you'll be keep'n score per family,,I suggest a FISHING CONTEST as one of the activities,,keep score of the amount of fish per family caught.:fish:

luapgib
07-02-2009, 09:29 AM
I had not even thought about fishing for points. That is a keeper. Come on guys keep them coming.

DaveInTN
07-02-2009, 11:03 AM
This isn't athletic, but how about a grilling contest for the men? On Father's Day in my family we had a "Rib Off", where all us men made 2 racks of ribs to be judged in a blind competition by the women. You could pick any type of food that your family enjoys and would be easy to do at the lake house, considering what facilities would be available for you. A bunch of men, grills, smoke, fire, meat, BEER....what could be better?

As far as activities, how about a corn hole tournament?

mouseketeer_mom
07-02-2009, 01:35 PM
We have great corn hole tournaments. 'Course, the longer we play, the longer we drink, the longer we drink the harder it is to reach 21, the longer it takes to reach 21, the more we drink..... You get the picture:thumbsup2

Born 2 Fish
07-02-2009, 03:14 PM
Here are a couple more suggestions.

1. Egg Toss or a Water Balloon Toss; After each toss the contestants each take one step farther apart til the balloon burts or is dropped.

2. Pie or Cake eating contest; Can't use forks,and no hands,,,mouth only,,who ever eats the fastest.

3. Bob for apples.

4. Three legged race ; Two folk tie a leg to each other and race others.

5. For the Adults ; Drink a beer thru a straw the fastest,,BUT,,bend the straw in half a couple times to break the straw a little (makes it much harder to suck)
And for the kids, drink a Cola thru a staw (same method).

And/Or you could also take a couple straws, bend them and then stick the two straws together to make a long straw .

motherwild
07-08-2009, 06:46 AM
Scavenger hunts are can be fun. I always include a presidents picture on my list. George Washington can alway be found on a dollar bill.
Family history quiz done like a game show. Birthdays anniversery and how couples met. Where people were born. Who traveled the farthest to get there.