PDA

View Full Version : The Better Late than Never/ Theres too much food Trip Report September 2008 Part 1

hotfudgesundae
07-01-2009, 12:10 PM
We have been meaning to do this trip report for months but never seem to get around to it so here goes;

After arranging a dog sitter for our adopted dog (Long Story) We told him "we're going to the shops" he must think the shops are very far away :rotfl:
We flew from Newcastle to Heathrow T5 thanks to BA taking off their flight to Gatwick we had to transfer by coach to Gatwick, we were stopping at the Gatwick Hilton overnight and had decided to do the Twighlight Checkin so we could save time in the morning. When we had checked in and our luggage was on its way someone from Virgin came from the back of the Checkin desk and said that there may be a delay of 4 hours the next day so we would be leaving at 4.45pm instead of 12.45pm NOT A GOOD START:headache:
Next morning we went to the Virgin checkin desk to check on the flight and there was a 4 hour delay and we were given vouchers for a meal (10 each). We went to Garfunkels I had the Scampi and Michael had the Salmon it was a very nice meal.
By the time we took off it was after 6pm and after an uneventful flight we landed at Orlando Airport. We took the ME to AKL and checked in at 12am local time absolutely exhausted, nothing open for food or drinks, we were too tired to make a cup of tea. So we just went to bed at least things could only get better :hug:

natalielongstaff
07-01-2009, 02:17 PM
What an exhausting day ! hope it gets better :cool1:

Pegasus928
07-02-2009, 12:06 AM
At least you got there and can start to enjoy things now.
Looking forward to hearing more and seeing loads of pics.

mandymouse
07-02-2009, 10:50 AM
I look forward to your next installment, I hope you've got lots of piccies :)

hotfudgesundae
07-02-2009, 03:47 PM
I look forward to your next installment, I hope you've got lots of piccies :)

Working on the next post and uploading pics hope to post this weekend:)

suzycute
07-04-2009, 02:00 PM
What a shame about the delay - hope things improved!