PDA

View Full Version : Best relatively inexpensive walking shoes.

TigMaya
06-26-2009, 10:04 PM
I'm going to be traveling to NYC soon and am looking for a comfortable pair of shoes to wear. I'll mostly be wearing capri pants/shorts and t-shirts, and I need casual shoes that will look okay. I have never been able to find sandals that both look good and provide the support I need, but I also don't want to wear my amazingly comfortable Asics running shoes because I'm afraid I'll look like a dork. I've never been to NYC before so I don't know what will work best. Any suggestions?

kpadalik
06-27-2009, 01:10 AM
I'd wear the Asics...you won't look like a dork. Also, Ryka makes some shoes that are less "sneaker-like" and I saw some pretty inexpensive pairs at DSW last week.

bratmomma
06-27-2009, 06:41 AM
I agree, wear the Asics. Comfort over style everyday! LOL Besides, you won't look like a dork. If you do, take comfort in the fact that I also then, looked like a dork, wearing sneakers with capris in Manhattan! :)

MANY MANY women wear sneakers when walking in NYC, even with expensive dress suits. I don't think you will be out of place at all.

Have fun and protect those feet!

lilonstitch12008
06-27-2009, 06:55 AM
The Puma Volitile sneakers are comfy. They don't have a separate tongue as everything is connected. I got my at dsw with a couple of coupons. You can print them out from the website and use multiple. I got my $84 pumas for $40 or so. Also, they come in many colors, so you have a choice!