PDA

View Full Version : WWYD with old, beat up Vera Bradley bags?

Dr.Girlfriend
06-25-2009, 07:16 PM
I have two bags that have been well used. I just purchased a new purse, but really feel odd throwing the bags away...but, I doubt anyone would buy them. Thoughts?

powellrj
06-25-2009, 07:19 PM
give them to goodwill. I have been amazed at the condition some of the ones they sell behind the glass counters. I have seen them very used and for sale at a premium price.

mrsklamc
06-25-2009, 08:15 PM
I have two bags that have been well used. I just purchased a new purse, but really feel odd throwing the bags away...but, I doubt anyone would buy them. Thoughts?

No but oh my gosh is that a Castaway Cay pic??? and can I borrow it????

(apologies for totally hijacking your thread. I wanted to take that pic and forgot.)

Maybe you could freecycle them/

PrincessSuzanne
06-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Wash them and they will look almost new, then if you still don't want them, drop them in a Goodwill or Salvation Army drop box.

Suzanne

PaulaSue
06-25-2009, 10:13 PM
Are they smaller sizes? My DDs would Love them. They are the in thing but I refuse to buy them for them (they are 10 and 8) and they have been looking for them at yard sales to buy with their $.

clh2
06-25-2009, 10:50 PM
Do you know any little girls that need a purse for dress up?

Going OT -I did this with a bunch of purses after my grandma passed away. My DD was almost 4 at the time. A couple of weeks later, I realized one of the purses was really very nice, kind of a white beaded clutch. Needless to say, that purse "disappeared" from DD's collection, and I have used it at every wedding I have been to since I've had it...thanks for the trip down memory lane!

tar heel
06-25-2009, 11:07 PM
I have one in the same condition, and i put it in my "donate" bag. Washing will NOT make it good as new b/c the strap is frayed around the edges. Someone really creative could make a small purse or something out of the good fabric, but I don't feel led to do it.

mrstomrice
06-26-2009, 05:57 AM
I have an older one that isnt' really damaged, it just wasn't my favorite pattern. I use it for a travel bag for my hair products, like my brushes and flat iron since they no longer fit in my makeup bag.

Minnie116
06-26-2009, 07:31 AM
I have a few old ones as well. Like one poster stated, I use one tote for all of my cosmetics and stuff when I travel, and I use my backpack for school field trips, just the right size for a bottled water or 2 some cash and a bit of first aid stuff.

bookgirl
06-26-2009, 03:22 PM

When I have a purse that I don't want anymore or is worn out I see if anyone has a little girl that needs a play bag. Also second good will they will take things in pretty rough shape because there's lots of people who will still buy them and fix them up.

gigi1313
06-26-2009, 04:13 PM
freecycle.org

mickeytattoo95
06-26-2009, 04:36 PM
Dillards does a purse swap once or twice a year. You'll have to ask when the next one is. If you bring a used purse in during the dates they have the purse swap you'll get $10 off a purse $50 or more, $20 off $100, etc.

They end up donating all the purses to a shelter. It's pretty neat!:goodvibes

PaulaSue
06-28-2009, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the email. Was a nice suprise!:goodvibes

Janet Hill
06-28-2009, 05:56 PM
My daughter uses mine to pack stuff for ballet class and also as a small pool bag. I see lots of other girls using these bags for these purposes as well. My daugher gets excited everytime I retire a bag.