PDA

View Full Version : OT....Michael Jackson is dead! OMG!

JoyG
06-25-2009, 05:24 PM
I'm shocked! :eek:

JoyG
06-25-2009, 05:33 PM
And Farrah Fawcett too. What the heck? I'm just logging on to the computer for the first time today and I'm dumbfounded!

Princess April
06-25-2009, 05:34 PM
I heard that on the way home on the radio and I was like WHA? :confused:

dolfinjuls
06-25-2009, 05:36 PM
Such a sad day! :(

victorandbellasmom
06-25-2009, 05:40 PM
L.A. Times is confirming that he's dead but CNN can only confirm that he's in a coma. Is anyone else confirming that he's dead. He is/was definitely an original.

mrsbornkuntry
06-25-2009, 05:40 PM
Was Micheal Jackson confirmed? The last I read he was hospitalized.

rushing
06-25-2009, 05:44 PM
I'm sad, Farrah and Micheal Jackson.

Az Pirates
06-25-2009, 05:44 PM
Yep, the reports I'm watching are saying they have confirmed that he was pronounced dead at 3:15pm PST

So sad!

NJtoATL
06-25-2009, 05:47 PM
It is hard to believe. So far, Headline News, NBC news, LA Times, Associated Press, and the New York Times are reporting he has past. An awesome talent has left this world. :sad1:

You may not like him as a person, but he has had a profound impact on the the way we all appreciate music.

kstategrad
06-25-2009, 05:52 PM
Fox News has confirmed his death. OMG

klineyqueen
06-25-2009, 05:57 PM
Thriller was my first cassette tape!!!! I LOVED MICHAEL when I was a young girl!!! He sure was talented. Sad...

DVCBELLE
06-25-2009, 06:02 PM
I just read the news and was shocked!! I had heard he went to the hospital but that is really just out of the blue.

I was sad to hear about Farah Fawcett but she had been so sick and in so much pain that it wasn't shocking just sad.

When I read she died I thought - I wonder who the 3rd person will be since Ed McMahon died on Tuesday.

MartinaC
06-25-2009, 06:06 PM
OMG. I am with everyone. This reminds me of when Elvis died. What a huge loss for the music industry and the world. My thoughts and prayers with the family.

JoyG
06-25-2009, 06:14 PM
There's a family friend on CNN now talking about how everyone was warning MJ about his medication use! :eek: His death was due to his abuse of medication according to this friend.

poegirl30
06-25-2009, 06:20 PM
So sad...

disneysteve
06-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Of course, Michael Jackson also is linked to all of us Disney fans. Along with being a huge Disney fan himself, he is part of Disney theme park history having starred in Captain EO, the 3-D movie that replaced Magic Journeys at the Journey to Imagination pavillion at EPCOT. I believe it played at Disnelyand as well.

lck33
06-25-2009, 06:59 PM
So sad....Life is just so short... Makes you think...Cherish every day!:angel:

prettypixie
06-25-2009, 07:03 PM
It is hard to believe. So far, Headline News, NBC news, LA Times, Associated Press, and the New York Times are reporting he has past. An awesome talent has left this world. :sad1:

You may not like him as a person, but he has had a profound impact on the the way we all appreciate music.

Well said! I am one of millions of fans who is truly sadden by his passing! I pray for comfort and peace for his family especially his children. He will be missed.:sad:

StephMK
06-25-2009, 07:29 PM
Thriller was my first cassette tape!!!! I LOVED MICHAEL when I was a young girl!!! He sure was talented. Sad...

Ditto! My 13th bday was one of my most memorable having a sleepover & making up dances to Beat It in my basement! :lovestruc

Not sure about some of the paths he took as an adult but he was an awesome performer! Very sad and so heartbreaking for his young kids.

HeyIt'sMe
06-25-2009, 07:31 PM
His passing did make me sad. Yes, he was a very bizarre individual but he was SO talented. And he is someone's son, brother and father. :sad1:

hearts8701
06-25-2009, 07:42 PM
my heart & prayers go out to his children they are only 6,11,& 12 years old

pixiewings71
06-25-2009, 08:06 PM

I had the LP, full length album. Loved that record......

Of course, Michael Jackson also is linked to all of us Disney fans. Along with being a huge Disney fan himself, he is part of Disney theme park history having starred in Captain EO, the 3-D movie that replaced Magic Journeys at the Journey to Imagination pavillion at EPCOT. I believe it played at Disnelyand as well.

yes, Captain EO was also at DL, some days I wish it still was.....today is one of them. :(

Well said! I am one of millions of fans who is truly sadden by his passing! I pray for comfort and peace for his family especially his children. He will be missed.:sad:

Count me in too, I was a fan as well and one of the CDs we listen to on our way to and from DLR is his number ones, it's a great CD!

my heart & prayers go out to his children they are only 6,11,& 12 years old

Me too, those poor kids. I have a 12 y.o. and can only imagine how devastated she would be if something to me...... so sad.....

The world has lost a truly talented musician, I feel his passing and am sorry for the loss.

Moeluv4u7
06-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Does anyone think that Disney will hold some type of memorial attraction?

Goofy22
06-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Definitely is a Sad ,Sad Day! The entertainment world has lost 2 Huge legends! You may not like Michael as a person but he was an awesome performer! I liked him either way! :sad1:

TupperMom7
06-25-2009, 09:29 PM
Now I know how Elvis music fans felt when he died! Shocked, totally shocked. I mean he looked frail the last couple of years, but I never suspected he would die.

And poor Farrah Fawcett - her death will be overshadowed by all the news of Michael Jackson passing. She suffered and fought for so long that it was not really a shock of her dying.

Shir Kahn
06-25-2009, 10:03 PM
Elvis isn't dead! He was kidnapped by aliens and is running a burger joint on a different planet, didn't you people know that? :)

2manypets
06-25-2009, 10:07 PM
I'm just glad no more children will get molested!

JoyG
06-25-2009, 10:28 PM
Elvis isn't dead! He was kidnapped by aliens and is running a burger joint on a different planet, didn't you people know that? :)

No, he's going by the name Bubba, has an affection for cats and lives in Louisiana. ;)

Kaler131
06-25-2009, 10:50 PM
I remember when his video for "Thriller" debuted on Mtv and they played it every hour. I made sure I watched it EVERY HOUR (I was in jr. High) and memorized the dance!!:lmao:

Faith09
06-25-2009, 11:10 PM
I love you Michael, you will be truly missed. Imagine heaven:cloud9: with Michael Jackson and James Brown dancing and singing 24 hours a day. O when we all get to heaven what a day of rejoicing that will be. R.I.P King Of Pop.

R.I.P Farrah Fawcett...Your the only lady in the history of the earth that can wear "BIG" hair during any century and still look sexy. :worship:

Faith

DVCBELLE
06-25-2009, 11:16 PM
Now I know how Elvis music fans felt when he died! Shocked, totally shocked. I mean he looked frail the last couple of years, but I never suspected he would die.

And poor Farrah Fawcett - her death will be overshadowed by all the news of Michael Jackson passing. She suffered and fought for so long that it was not really a shock of her dying.
I thought the same thing today - that she will be overshadowed by Michael Jackson. I know this is ridiculous but he will get the cover of people next week and she will get a box in the corner as more of a footnote.

Although thank goodness that Kate will finally be off every magazine cover on the newstands. She must be really mad...this knocks her divorce right out of the news ;)

Goofy22
06-25-2009, 11:34 PM
I thought the same thing today - that she will be overshadowed by Michael Jackson. I know this is ridiculous but he will get the cover of people next week and she will get a box in the corner as more of a footnote.

Although thank goodness that Kate will finally be off every magazine cover on the newstands. She must be really mad...this knocks her divorce right out of the news ;)

Myabe people will share the cover with Farrah and Michael! But he will definitely make more magazine covers than her do to the pure fact that it was a shock , not expected and he definitely is a Legend as is Farrah but she has been in the news and magazines with her fight w/ cancer so i don't think you will see alot about her but I do believe you will see more about michael because of this. Had Farrah not been sick for a while I think the magazines and media would be at a loss for what to do! I believe that they both should have the cover of magazines I grew up with both of them and they both were excellent at what they did whether is was singing or acting. they both definitely deserve the limelight!

ruadisneyfan2
06-25-2009, 11:51 PM
Wow! :eek: I am so out of touch, just returned from a cruise today and didn't hear of any deaths.
How sad. He had to grow up so fast and it really ruined his adult life. Perfect example of how $$ can't bring happiness.
I saw his Thriller concert when I was 16 and remember almost crying to watch him moon walk.
I agree with pps: He was bizarre and maybe a guilty of more but he was someone's brother, son, uncle, etc.

I seriously doubt Disney would honor someone charged with sexual crimes against children. jmho

goofy4mykids
06-26-2009, 06:46 AM
Please dont flame me but I am wondering has everyone forgot that Michael Jackson is a child molestor!! :confused3 I was a big fan of MJ when I was a child to ..... I think it is sad that MJ will get on covers/more press for being a creep and FF who is a strong fighter will take a back seat... what kind of message will this send?

momtoleasawav
06-26-2009, 06:56 AM
thanks, goofy4mykids, for saying what I am thinking. I am amazed as how people can look the other way when a star is doing something so morally wrong yet they are quick to prosecute anyone else. I doubt the kids he molested will care how big a star he was. And before anyone says he was acquitted lets all remember he paid them all off to be quiet, something he wouldn't have had to do if he was innocent.

Topper
06-26-2009, 07:05 AM
Please dont flame me but I am wondering has everyone forgot that Michael Jackson is a child molestor!! :confused3 I was a big fan of MJ when I was a child to ..... I think it is sad that MJ will get on covers/more press for being a creep and FF who is a strong fighter will take a back seat... what kind of message will this send?

Was Michael ever convicted of being a child molester? No?

Judge not lest ye be judged....

2manypets
06-26-2009, 07:07 AM
Was Michael ever convicted of being a child molester? No?

Judge not lest ye be judged....

He was only not convicted because of the amount of money he has. He bought a lot of the parents. :sad2: He was a sick, tragic man/boy.

Topper
06-26-2009, 07:17 AM
He was only not convicted because of the amount of money he has. He bought a lot of the parents. :sad2: He was a sick, tragic man/boy.

I will pray for your soul

2manypets
06-26-2009, 07:19 AM
Thank you, but I don't need to have my soul prayed for. I live a clean life.

Topper
06-26-2009, 07:22 AM

You have condemned a man with no proof of a crime. Prayers will be sent for you.

2manypets
06-26-2009, 07:25 AM
Testimony from the children he touched and their parents are my proof. What do you need as proof?:scared1:

Topper
06-26-2009, 07:28 AM
Testimony from the children he touched and their parents are my proof. What do you need as proof?:scared1:

How about we let God deal with any issues he has with Michael? Do you know something God doesn't?

disneysteve
06-26-2009, 07:31 AM
Please dont flame me but I am wondering has everyone forgot that Michael Jackson is a child molestor!!

Comments like this are popping up in every discussion about his death.

First, as noted, none of us knows for sure that this is true, but that really isn't even the issue in my mind.

Michael Jackson was an entertainer and a darned good one. He didn't earn the title "King of Pop" for nothing. Whatever problems he had in his personal life don't make listening to his music or watching him dance any less enjoyable.

Think back to all of the celebrities over the years, including current ones, who have had problems, drug and alcohol addictions, DUI convictions, shoplifting arrests, spouse abuse, cheating, steroids and various other issues. Still, people watch their movies, buy their albums and pay to see them perform. Elvis, one of the biggest celebrities of all time, died of a drug overdose. His fans still mourned his passing.

JB2K
06-26-2009, 08:20 AM

Not to mention another piece of Disney Parks lore...

Michael Jackson is one of the few individuals/events who had the ability (and finances) to close Disneyland.

Of course, I am speaking of Liz Taylor's birthday bash, which was held there.

And for those curious, the only other events I know of that shut-down DL were the private events Walt Disney held there in the park's early days, as well as the events of September 11, 2001.

Blue.Fairy2
06-26-2009, 09:12 AM
Whatever his demons were MJ was a extraordinary performer and will be missed.

After he was accused he seemed to have tried to get his life together.

What ever your thoughts are about him his talent was undeniable and it is sad that he has passed at such a young age when he had so much more to give us as an entertainer.

RIP MJ

:hippie:

Parksfamily5
06-26-2009, 09:19 AM
As for the child molestation charges, here are my .02 worth. I don't think we can know if he did it or not. If he did do it , he could have gotton off of the charges because he had enough money to pay the family off. If he didn't do it, he would have made a great target because he had sooo much money. Unless you were there I do not see how you can come to a 100% conclusion of guilty or not guilty.

Blue.Fairy2
06-26-2009, 09:25 AM
As for the child molestation charges, here are my .02 worth. I don't think we can know if he did it or not. If he did do it , he could have gotton off of the charges because he had enough money to pay the family off. If he didn't do it, he would have made a great target because he had sooo much money. Unless you were there I do not see how you can come to a 100% conclusion of guilty or not guilty.

ty :thumbsup2

cats mom
06-26-2009, 09:55 AM
Unless you were there I do not see how you can come to a 100% conclusion of guilty or not guilty.

I agree.

He was haunted by these charges in life; it's not surprising that they're following him in death... but it is very sad.
:sad2:

FWIW, I don't know much about the early charges brought against Michael Jackson, but I've read enough about the Arvizo family that I have no problem believing they fall squarely in the Micheal Jackson was a great target camp. Of course as expressed above, I can't know for sure.

Dancemom03
06-26-2009, 10:24 AM
I was shocked too when I heard the news yesterday. Perhaps more so b/c we are the same age and I assumed, what with all the issues we've heard he has, that he was in much better shape.
Now I suddenly find myself entering that realm when I'll look at the folks who've died and say "but gosh, they were my age, I remember them as kids when I was a kid..."
geesh... the next step is reading the obits every morning...:rolleyes1

RIP MJ - whatever you did or didn't do, you made a huge impact on the music world and several generations of fans - in my book, that's quite an admirable accomplishment.

goofy4mykids
06-26-2009, 10:30 AM
I am Shocked!! Would any of you leave you child with him? He Paid parents off!!! If your kids had sleep overs and they all slept in the same bed with you what message would you be sending? I am not perfect and I sin. I also know Jesus... I hope and Pray that ALL who hurt children rot in hell!!!

Tink561
06-26-2009, 10:43 AM
I am Shocked!! Would any of you leave you child with him? He Paid parents off!!! If your kids had sleep overs and they all slept in the same bed with you what message would you be sending? I am not perfect and I sin. I also know Jesus... I hope and Pray that ALL who hurt children rot in hell!!!

I wouldn't leave my child with him but there are LOTS of people who I won't leave my child with who have never been accused of a crime.

IF he hurt children and he paid parents off SHAME on those parents... they are as guilty as he.

Either way a human is dead and leaves behind family who mourn the loss. What about the children who lost their father? I feel sad for them.

Faith09
06-26-2009, 11:23 AM
As stated before I love you Michael. :cloud9:R.I.P you are and will always be THE KING OF POP...:worship::worship::worship:

MartinaC
06-26-2009, 11:33 AM

I too will pray for you. There was only one perfect person to walk this earth and I am sure it is not you. If you are. Please pm me so I can come see you walk on water.

Still, this is not about you. Any icon has things that we could damn. But, today is for his music and what he gave to the music industry and people.

Please don't moarn any of your family members when they pass because I'm sure they did lots of sinful things in there life. Is that what your saying?

disneysteve
06-26-2009, 12:00 PM
Please don't moarn any of your family members when they pass because I'm sure they did lots of sinful things in there life. Is that what your saying?

Exactly. I'm able to separate what someone accomplished in their life with what they might possibly have done in their personal lives. Elvis was a drug addict. I think it was Winona Ryder who was arrested for shoplifting a few years back. Billy Joel has had multiple DUIs and crashed his car while drunk. Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, the list goes on and on. These folks are messed up and have serious problems, but they are all excellent performers that have a great body of work on their resumes.

Michael Jackson was a son, a brother, a father - a human being. He was one of the most successful music performers of all time. Surely, that makes him deserving of praise no matter what he might possibly have done personally(which we will now never know for certain).

Edited to change name for Winona Ryder (I had Natalie Portman incorrectly).

Kathy C
06-26-2009, 12:17 PM
I wouldn't leave my child with him but there are LOTS of people who I won't leave my child with who have never been accused of a crime.

IF he hurt children and he paid parents off SHAME on those parents... they are as guilty as he.

Either way a human is dead and leaves behind family who mourn the loss. What about the children who lost their father? I feel sad for them.

Well said!:thumbsup2

kinntj
06-26-2009, 12:23 PM
RIP MJ!!! He was a great pop star and I have a lot of my childhood and teen memories around his music. The story of his death was absolutely shocking. At first I thought it was one nasty rumor going around, but then found out that it was true.

Now as a human being, he was deeply troubled and very lonely. Something I would never trade my boring existence for. What we say about his life now means absolutely nothing. He's now with the ultimate Judge and whether God forgives or not is up to Him, not us. I do pray for these children who claims something happened.

I also say that if the parents were bought off, shame on them. I would never take money to keep me quiet about something wrong done to my child. If this is true than they chose man over God. YMMV.

pumpkinfish
06-26-2009, 01:06 PM
Exactly. I'm able to separate what someone accomplished in their life with what they might possibly have done in their personal lives. Elvis was a drug addict. I think it was Natalie Portman who was arrested for shoplifting a few years back (or was it someone else - can't remember). Billy Joel has had multiple DUIs and crashed his car while drunk. Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, the list goes on and on. These folks are messed up and have serious problems, but they are all excellent performers that have a great body of work on their resumes.

Michael Jackson was a son, a brother, a father - a human being. He was one of the most successful music performers of all time. Surely, that makes him deserving of praise no matter what he might possibly have done personally(which we will now never know for certain).

Sorry, just wanted to correct you: It was Winona Ryder who was arrested.

JB2K
06-26-2009, 01:29 PM

I leave stuff like that between the perpretrator and their maker -- as should you...

(Is this board even moderated any more?)

disneysteve
06-26-2009, 01:48 PM
Sorry, just wanted to correct you: It was Winona Ryder who was arrested.

Thank you. I knew that was wrong but the only other name that was coming to mind was Christina Ricci and I knew it wasn't her.

WeLoveLilo05
06-26-2009, 05:17 PM
I cannot believe that there are actually pictures of the EMTs basically performing CPR on him! How can anyone publish pics like that? Seriously, I feel terrible for his children who turn on the news to see that picture. Give the family MJ some respect please.
RIP MJ.

Tink_fanatic
06-26-2009, 06:35 PM
No, he's going by the name Bubba, has an affection for cats and lives in Louisiana. ;)

And is a vampire.

Read Sookie Stackhouse novels, folks. LOL

Faith09
06-28-2009, 08:40 AM
I cannot believe that there are actually pictures of the EMTs basically performing CPR on him! How can anyone publish pics like that? Seriously, I feel terrible for his children who turn on the news to see that picture. Give the family MJ some respect please.
RIP MJ.

I totally agree!!!:mad:

CarolA
06-28-2009, 12:06 PM
I cannot believe that this thread and the Johnny Depp thread are even ON this board...

Once again the "budget board" proves to be the MOST OT board on the DIS!

(Is there really a reason for calling it the budget board? Wouldn't "community board 2" be a more fitting title? :lmao:)

JoyG
06-28-2009, 03:04 PM
I cannot believe that this thread and the Johnny Depp thread are even ON this board...

Once again the "budget board" proves to be the MOST OT board on the DIS!

(Is there really a reason for calling it the budget board? Wouldn't "community board 2" be a more fitting title? :lmao:)

I was sure the mods were going to move it at some point! But I posted it here because I just had to tell someone and they'd already broken the news on the Community board when I logged on! :rolleyes1