PDA

View Full Version : Pool temperature

bgula
06-24-2009, 09:51 PM
Can anyone tell me if the redesigned FW pool is any cooler than before? In the summer it was always like bath water. Now that it's not as deep as before, I'm hoping that they're circulating some cooler water in as well, otherwise it's going to be even hotter.

medic9016
06-25-2009, 08:35 AM
My DD went to the pool a few days ago. She said the water is hot around 92 degrees.

bgula
06-25-2009, 09:17 AM
Great... so much for a refreshing dip in the pool on a hot day! What were they thinking?!

gillenkl
06-25-2009, 07:31 PM
We just got back from the Fort - the pool water was indeed like bathwater.

TheFlame
06-25-2009, 09:25 PM
Our pool is pretty hot now too...staying around 90 or so, but it still feels really good after a long day!:cool1:

I don't know what FW could do to make the pool any cooler. My son suggested ice cubes for ours the other day....he is soooo cute and clueless, lol!:)

Shan-man
06-26-2009, 05:52 AM
There are chillers available for pools, especially for use in warmer climes. I would think Disney could afford these to make their pools more refreshing.

:santa:

des1954
06-26-2009, 06:16 AM
If I went to the Niagara Region in January, the outdoor pools there would be used for hockey, even though there are pool heaters available !! The past 17 days here in central Fla, we have had temps over 100, with heat indexes around 105 to 107. Any pool exposed to the searing heat & sunshine is going to be warm. That's just the way it is. Heck....even the water from our cold water taps is luke-warm!!

I always tell people that lifestyles are seasonally reversed here in Fla. We cannot live without A/C in the summer, and the northerners cannot live without heat in the winter.

I'm not trying to be mean or sarcastic, but that's just the way it is in Florida from June through September. That's why I wish I could become a snowbird and go back north (I'm from your area originally bgula) for the summer. My employers think differently.

bgula
06-26-2009, 10:36 AM
I just wish they could do something like at POP, where they have the flowers adding cool water to the pool. At least that pool doesn't feel like bathwater in the summer. Guess we'll have to make more trips over there.

ram101
06-26-2009, 01:47 PM
I can deal with 90 degree water!! Heck my pool out back here is only 71 and a forecast of 73 max by end of summer! Let me tell ya... 73 water is cold and I like cold! You just have to jump in and hope your heart don't shut off from the shock!:lmao: 80-85 would be perfect tho...