PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club counter service?

ColinCodyMom
06-24-2009, 02:01 PM
I am hoping someone can explain to me what types of offerings are at the Beach Club? Not table service, but the traditional lunch items that kids would eat. Do they have counter service available? Anything that would compare to AKL's Mara? Mara had little pizzas and chicken strips with fries. I can't find any detailed information. Thanks.

twinmom06
06-24-2009, 02:15 PM
They have Hurricane Hanna's by the pool - they have chicken fingers, panini's, pb&j's, etc there. Then inside they have the beach club marketplace which offers sandwhiches & stuff. Both are pretty good.

Fall1
06-24-2009, 02:17 PM
The food at Hurricane Hanna's by the pool is actually pretty good. Also, the kids meals come in a beach pail with a shovel, really cute! The menus are all at allears.net.

boundfordisney
06-24-2009, 02:26 PM
We stayed at the yacht club in May and were disapointed in the counter service choices, hurricane hannas was good but it was the marketplace we were not impressed with. This was our first stay at the yacht club and we loved it but there is not alot to choose from as far as counter service goes. Maybe it was because we have stayed at the caribbean beach on other trips and there is much more to choose from there as far as counter service that we expected it to be the same. The table service restraunts were very good but if your looking for more in counter service you may be a little disapointed, I thought beaches and cream was counter service but found out when we went for lunch one day it is a table service. We ate there and just paid cash instead of using our dining plan so i guess it worked out.:)

Simba's Mom
06-24-2009, 02:47 PM
Also Beach Club Marketplace-I like their offerings, especially the coconut chocolate chip brownies!

RMulieri
06-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Sadly Cs options are lacking. We love the BC and stay there often, but they are very limited in CS. The marketplace has some baked goods,cereals,sandwiches and gelato. Hurricaine Hannahs has Chicken strips and a few grilled choices.Thats about it

TDC Nala
06-24-2009, 03:47 PM
Hurricane Hanna's is the only CS in the area with the type of "kid food" you may be looking for - hamburgers, grilled cheese, hotdogs. They're only open when the pool is open.

Beach Club Marketplace is an option - but they do not serve burgers, pizza, hotdogs or chicken nuggets.
The children's picks are turkey sandwich or peanut butter and jelly.

There is also Picabo at the Dolphin. They will have such items, but they're not on the dining plan if you are using that.