PDA

View Full Version : Any one RECENTLY have a smaller party than in the ADR?

malcontent
06-24-2009, 08:48 AM
Several weeks ago, a CM told me that they have adjusted their system, and now if a smaller party shows up for an ADR, they have to wait for an opening of that number.

In other words, if you booked for a party of 4 and you show up with 3, you would have to wait for a table for 3 to open up. If all the tables for 3 are booked up and no one cancels, you're out of luck.

This didn't really concern me, until last night, I printed out the ADR's I made last month for my August vacation for my family of 3. Much to my shock, my ADR for Le Cellier on August 13 showed "3 Adults, 1 Child." :scared1: (All my other ressies properly show 2 Adult, 1 Child.)

I know that in the past this would not have been a problem. Now, going by what the CM said, we may be shut out of Le Cellier!

Can anyone with recent experience speak on this subject?

TinkerBelle_325
06-24-2009, 08:59 AM
I highly doubt that Disney is going to enforce a policy like that.

First, there are very few tables for parties that are odd numbered. Have you ever seen a table for 1, 3, 5, 7? Typically they are tables of 2, 4, 6 and 8 that are seated with 1 less person at them.

We have shown up with 3 guests for ADRs that were booked for 4 and were seated without issue. In May (the 31st I believe) I had booked a party of 3 mistakenly when we were only 2 and was given no trouble (this was at Kona Cafe).

I can tell you that there is no such thing as a table for 3 at Le Cellier, they have 2's and 4's and for larger parties they combine the 2's and 4's to seat the appropriate party size.

My guess is that CM's have been told to say that to discourage guests from booking a larger party size than they need. Disney's dining system still has many kinks to work out IMO. How exactly can you have availability for 4 but ot for 3? When both parties would be seated at a 4 top.

If you are truly worried, I would tell them CM at the Le Cellier podium that you are expecting another member to show but you aren't sure when they will arrive. They will seat you as soon as they can and then you can inform them that the other party "called" and cancelled.

Don't let it concern you too much. Enforcing something like that would be a logistical nightmare.

The *REAL* difficulty lies in booking a party that is too SMALL. If you book for 4 and show up with 5, well then that places your party at a larger table than was alloted.

malcontent
06-24-2009, 09:34 AM
I highly doubt that Disney is going to enforce a policy like that.

Thanks! I feel better!

The folks at WDW do have a way of playing on our OCD tendencies, don't they? :goodvibes

TinkerBelle_325
06-24-2009, 10:08 AM
Thanks! I feel better!

The folks at WDW do have a way of playing on our OCD tendencies, don't they? :goodvibes

Absolutely! :lmao:

ROEDISNEY
06-24-2009, 10:12 AM
To tell u the truth I think they like to drives us nut's. j/k :rotfl2:
I wouln't worry you should be fine. After all it's there mistake.

Pakey
06-24-2009, 11:28 AM
We went a few months ago, so not real recently, but we did have members in our group who became very ill while there and missed several meals. I just don't see how Disney could wipe out the ADR's in situations like this. I could see that it might take a bit longer to get seated as they try to adjust for a smaller table in order to get more people seated, but I doubt they'd turn diners with ADR's away.

Maxwell42
06-24-2009, 11:45 AM
We had an ADR for 5 at GF Cafe on 6/10. We showed up with 4 and were seated immediately. It was early (5:15 for dinner), and that restaurant is not in real high demand, but they gave us no grief whatsoever about being a smaller party than what was booked.

In fact, I think if we had been 5, they might have seated us at two tables - I caught a glimpse of the hostess' computer screen, and it looked like they had us split into 3 and 2. So we may have actually freed up a table for them.

frannn
06-24-2009, 12:13 PM
I called to book my ADRs for our upcoming trip, and are unsure about whether DD16 will be joining us or staying at a friend's. The CM suggested that I include her on all our ADRs, because they can just modify them easily. She said it would not be a problem (for the ones that don't have a cancellation fee) to just show up with one less person. I can see them waiting for a smaller table if you booked for 6 and show up with 4, but not for 1 less person. BTW, the CM also told me to make all my ADRs for 2 adults, 2 children, even though one DD is 16. I asked her if I should make the ADRs for 3 adults, 1 child because that's what it would be considered on the DP, but she said no. Guess she's right, because on the online ADRs, children's ages go up to 17 or 18.

inkkognito
06-24-2009, 12:21 PM
A week or two ago we had to do a three-person booking for our party of two and we were not turned away.