PDA

View Full Version : Paying cash for the weekend nights....

DisneyFreaks
06-24-2009, 07:31 AM
We're just in the planning stages now but are thinking about paying cash for the friday and saturday of our trip to save points. When we call to book can we just add the 2 cash days to our ressie along with the 5 point days or do we have to wait until 11/7 months prior to those 2 days to book that part? Our entire trip will be 7 nights total. DD just asked me if that would make a difference and I realized that I honestly am not sure. :confused3

Chuck S
06-24-2009, 08:33 AM
I think cash nights through member services can be booked at 11 months out, even if they are not at your home resort. But, if you are booking your home resort for points, using the 11 month booking for up to 7 days, I think you have to wait until exactly 11 months or later to book the cash nights.

Maistre Gracey
06-24-2009, 08:41 AM
I have never been convinced that spending cash for weekend stays is a money saver.
Weekends at DVC are still a good deal... Just not as good as weekdays.

IMO you would be better off purchasing more points. :thumbsup2

MG

DisneyFreaks
06-24-2009, 09:41 AM
I think cash nights through member services can be booked at 11 months out, even if they are not at your home resort. But, if you are booking your home resort for points, using the 11 month booking for up to 7 days, I think you have to wait until exactly 11 months or later to book the cash nights.

Let's see if I'm understanding this right. I will book the first 5 nights on points but have to wait until the 6th day to add the 2 nights for cash? Even booking through MS and linking the two? So I would be at risk of not getting those nights at the same resort I booked the 5 previous nights? Or am I still not getting it? Sorry.

And Maistre Gracey I totally agree with you. I would love to buy more points but that's just not gonna happen at this time. DH is getting ready to retire so we have alot of loose ends we want to tie up before taking on any new expenses.

Thank you both.

Chuck S
06-24-2009, 09:54 AM
Let's see if I'm understanding this right. I will book the first 5 nights on points but have to wait until the 6th day to add the 2 nights for cash? Even booking through MS and linking the two? So I would be at risk of not getting those nights at the same resort I booked the 5 previous nights? Or am I still not getting it? Sorry.

And Maistre Gracey I totally agree with you. I would love to buy more points but that's just not gonna happen at this time. DH is getting ready to retire so we have alot of loose ends we want to tie up before taking on any new expenses.

Thank you both.

If you are booking your home resort exectly at 11 months, you'll need to wait to book the cash nights until 11 months before those cash night dates. There is no reason to think they won't be available at that time.

If you are not booking your home resort, you can still book those cash nights as far out as 11 months. You do not need to wait for the 7 month window on cash nights at non-home resorts.

DisneyFreaks
06-24-2009, 10:38 AM
If you are not booking your home resort, you can still book those cash nights as far out as 11 months. You do not need to wait for the 7 month window on cash nights at non-home resorts.

Okay I get the 11 month home resort cash thing but if we do want to switch resorts can we add the cash nights when we book at 7 months? I don't really want to book cash nights in advance of point nights and then find no availability when the 7 month window opens. I apologize if my questions are stupid but I want to get this straight before we make any additional planning. Thanks so much Chuck for your help.

Chuck S
06-24-2009, 10:44 AM
Okay I get the 11 month home resort cash thing but if we do want to switch resorts can we add the cash nights when we book at 7 months? I don't really want to book cash nights in advance of point nights and then find no availability when the 7 month window opens. I apologize if my questions are stupid but I want to get this straight before we make any additional planning. Thanks so much Chuck for your help.

Yes, you can add the cash nights when you book at 7 months.

DisneyFreaks
06-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Okay then. I got it now. I so appreciate your helping me understand this. Thanks a bunch Chuck! :)