PDA

View Full Version : Chase Perfect Card Letter?

momof1princess
06-23-2009, 05:35 PM
did anyone else get one of these letters? This was my very first credit card-i've had it for well over 10 years, and they've suddenly decided i will no longer get the 3% automatic gasoline rebate on my purchases...instead i get 1% cash back and can cash out at $25.00! what a crock! anyone know of a better deal? i'm about to tell chase where they can stick this one! :mad:

NJGirl
06-23-2009, 06:16 PM
You may want to hold onto that card if it was your very first one. Age of accounts is a huge part of your credit score. Recently my first credit card from my college days changed their reward policies (not chase). I kept it strictly bc it is the longest account Ive had. I now charge a 9 dollar recurring charge their every month to keep it active, but they will no longer get any more of my business.

disneymom2003
06-23-2009, 06:28 PM
I am also understanding that more credit card company's may be doing this. I read some where that because the government has come down on credit cards ( they cannot raise your interest rate just because they want to) that they are no longer giving perks and they may start to charge a yearly fee. Don't know if they will all do this or not. Guess we will have to wait and see.