PDA

View Full Version : Best place to stay off prop.for 5people,9people?

bcinohio
06-23-2009, 11:30 AM
We are planning on going back to WDW next July. There are 5 people in our family(DH, me, DS-13, DS-16, DGrandma). We have always stayed at the value resorts (2 rooms). It is great to have the extra space and be on property but what place would you recommend off property that would be near by? We also may have another family going with us they have 4 in there family (2 adults and 2 kids). What places near by, condos or houses would hold 9?

We love to stay on property but with the cost going up and needing at least 2 rooms and maybe 3 we are looking for something of a better value.

For those who have always stayed on property and have stayed off do you miss the early morning hours and the late hours for resort guests? How is the drive to and from the parks? Do you have to pay for parking again if you leave in the afternoon and then return in the evening?

sorry for all the questions. Thanks for any help. This is new territory for me to explore since we have always stayed on property.:confused3

vitfamily
06-23-2009, 12:26 PM
We have always stayed on property in the past. We stayed offsite for the 1st time in April and we loved it. We rented a 4 bedroom pool home in Rolling Hills. I don't think we will stay onsite again. The drive was not bad at all. When you pay for parking they give you a ticket that can be used all day even if you go to another park. We didn't miss the extra hours, but my kids could not have been at the park late and up that early. We really didn't use them when we stayed onsite.

Darcy03231
06-23-2009, 01:41 PM
We went with a party of 9 and rented a 5 bedroom/3 bath private pool home in Clermont. It was 15 minutes to Disney's Main Gate and I found it was faster driving to and from the parks than it was waiting for the buses when we stayed at the All Star Resorts. You only have to pay for parking once per day. Just save your receipt.

Here's the breakdown of costs that I posted on another thread. We were traveling during peak season and the cost per room at the value resorts with taxes was about $140/night and we would have needed three rooms.

On-site in 3 Value Rooms = $5,880.00
Meals eaten out (approx) = $4,410.00 (I based this on $35/pp per day)
Transportation = free

Total = $10,290.00

Off-site in 5 bedroom, 3 bath pool home = $1,400.00
Meals eaten out = $1,000.00
Groceries purchased = $400.00
2 rental cars = $800.00
Gas = $200.00
Parking = $336.00

Total = $4,136.00

Savings = $6,154.00

I found the house on www.vacationrentals.com. I also checked out homes on www.vacationhomes.com and www.vbro.com.

HeatherC
06-23-2009, 02:58 PM
Bonnet Creek Resort! You are pretty much "onsite" yet technically "offsite". What I mean is that it is next door to the Caribbean Beach Resort but is not owned by Disney.

Gorgeous resort 2, 3 and 4 bedroom villas.

If you scroll through these threads or do a search you will find a ton of information on it.

Cannot go wrong there!

eatatmidnight
06-23-2009, 03:01 PM
We have been happy with vacation by the mouse. http://vacationbythemouse.com/ They are very easy to work with and the homes are great. It took us about the same time to get to the parks as it would have if we stayed on site and taken Disney transportation. The extra space is great. We did not miss staying on property at all. Because we have 5 we usually stayed in Wilderness homes.

My sister, our next door neighbors as well as friends from work have all been pleased with them. Enjoy your trip.

merekc
06-23-2009, 03:28 PM
Offsite house is the way to go.

We have a 5 bedroom house rented for our party of 10 (off-season) and we are paying around $700. TOTAL! We stayed at a similar house, similar rate several years ago. That one was booked for our dates and this is someone they refered us to.

No way would I pay Disney rates when we are getting our housing this cheap.

mrsklamc
06-23-2009, 03:55 PM
We stayed with www.5mins2disney.com

It was super close to the parks and everything was new and nice.- may not be big enough for 9 though.