PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good deal- $79.99 Shark floor steamer and hand held steamer, reviews needed

aprhj
06-23-2009, 09:56 AM
Our Sam's Club has a combo pack for the Shark floor steamer and a hand held steamer for $79.99. I can find them both on the internet and the prices range about $130 for the pair. So do you think this is a good deal or have you seen better deals and if so where? There is only 1 mop pad and both units are a pearly purple color.

also, if you own a Shark floor steamer, do you like or dislike it and why.

thanks in advance

RumpleMom
06-23-2009, 10:48 AM
I really like my Shark floor cleaner. I don't have the small one. I bought it at Kohl's after reading opinions here on the Dis.

I like it because I am just cleaning with water and not constantly adding a layer of chemicals to my no wax floors. It is light and fairly easy to use, although not as effortless to push as I have seen portrayed in the ad on TV.

I have two pads. You need more than one pad, so you have a clean one on hand.

Mickey527
06-23-2009, 01:17 PM
I have a shark steam cleaner and I do love the way it cleans the floor. I can sit on the floor with my grandson and not feel any stickyness at all like I used to with any cleanser I used and the mop.
The one problem I had was that I had the industrial type tile in my kitchen. The kind that have to be stripped every 6 months then 2 coats of sealer then 2 coats of wax, then buffed every week. Way too much trouble. I thought it would be easier than regular linolium when I got them from Home Depot.
When I used the steamer on them they caused the corners to warp and pull up. I am replacing the floor anyhow so I didn't mind, it made it easier to pull them up.
I don't know how it would be on the wood floors that have become so popular. I did try a little area on my brother's floor when I first bought it and the area got kind of dull so I stopped. It was like the steam was clouding the finish. It did shine back up (thank Heavens) but I wouldn't try it again.
I can't wait to try the Shark on my new no wax linolium I have picked out.

buzzlady
06-23-2009, 04:08 PM
Before you purchase the Shark Steam Mop, check out the Shark Steam Pocket. It has 3 different mop heads. It is relatively new - maybe out for 2-3 months.
https://www.sharksteampocket.com/default.aspx

ceecee
06-23-2009, 05:16 PM
I read the reviews on the QVC site and it said the Shark could leave the floors wet? It is on sale at the QVC site for $67.00 and includes 7 pads. I am thinking of ordering the Haan, but I'm not convinced yet.

donnabc
06-23-2009, 05:21 PM
Before you purchase the Shark Steam Mop, check out the Shark Steam Pocket. It has 3 different mop heads. It is relatively new - maybe out for 2-3 months.

OMG, now I want THIS one! Thanks for the link. I would have been really disappointed if I saw the new one on TV and I'd already bought the regular Shark :0)

wiggles
06-23-2009, 07:53 PM

target had this in their weekly add for $119.:goodvibes