PDA

View Full Version : Target return question

casjen
06-23-2009, 08:06 AM
I bought an inflatable pool last month or so. It is now on sale for $15 less than I paid. If I bring it to Target can I return it and rebuy it at the customer service desk? It is still in the box because our weather has been awful here.

Thanks

secretpantssam
06-23-2009, 08:15 AM
If it's on clearance, you can't. On seasonal items, you can only get back the price it is currently selling for. But if it's just a sale this week, I think you can, but bring the receipt to be sure.

woodkins
06-23-2009, 08:27 AM
If you bring in your receipt they will do a one time price adjustment for you.

stacy347
06-23-2009, 09:59 AM
Just to clarify ~

Price adjustments can only be done within 14 days of purchase while the item is on sale, so if it is past that, that wouldn't be an option.

You are actually not allowed to return and repurchase the same item ~ what you would have to do is return the original (no problem getting the full amount back as long as it's unused and you have the receipt or can do a lookup) and get a new one from the salesfloor to purchase (be sure there is another one on the floor first). Guest service is not allowed to return an item and then resell it to the guest.

casjen
06-23-2009, 11:53 AM
And I had no receipt. I did have the credit card I bought it on. The cashier just gave me the $15 credit. I didn't have to return and rebuy as I expected, and it has been at least a month since I bought it. Just an FYI.

All I said was "I think this is on sale and I paid full price. Can I get the sale price?"

emh1129
06-23-2009, 11:57 AM
Glad you were able to get the difference back!

PinkRhombus
06-23-2009, 12:21 PM
I have bought another with cash, and then proceeded right to the returns desk and used the prior receipt. They always do this to me right about the 3 week point.