PDA

View Full Version : Does any family & friends tell you that you visit Disney to much?

mckinley
06-22-2009, 09:46 PM
When i was a kid i had the pleasure of getting to go to disney multiple times thanks to my grandparents. I always said that i would to give that chance to my daughter as she was growing up. We started taking her when she was 3yo. I myself get more excited than she does about going. But some friends and family says things like you are going again, you was just there. Anyone ever do that to you? If so what do you tell them?

jennyerin
06-22-2009, 09:51 PM
After skipping Disney one year and going for a week at the beach in Delaware, my DH decided Disney was a much better value for our money. If anyone makes a comment, that is what we tell them - that we enjoy the magic and get a lot more for our vacation money...
Lynn

NVDisMom
06-22-2009, 09:54 PM
I get it from one friend of mine in particular. "Don't you want to take the girls somewhere else this time?" This particular friend spends a great deal of money skiing. The family of four has ski passes to a local ski resort (so do my husband and girls), but they also have both of their girls on a ski team. They also travel quite a bit in the winter to different ski resorts, many of which require hotel stays and the like. So my answer one day was something along the lines of "Don't you want to go somewhere where you can do something besides ski?" I'm not a skiier, she is not a Disney junkie. 'Nough said!

mybestieismickey
06-22-2009, 09:54 PM
My mom, who was my very first enabler is actually the person who is the most vocal about our Disney trips. When she says anything, I just give her the look and then go on my merry way.

My DH's co-workers also probably think we go too often, but it doesn't seem to stop them from asking for tips ;)

And I totally agree with what a PP said. It is such a great value for the money! Especially when you have AP's.

omghidanielle
06-22-2009, 10:00 PM
Yes.

I almost considered lying to my coworkers about where we were going this year, but I can never contain my excitement hahaha

parkers*momma
06-22-2009, 10:02 PM
We hear it all the time. This is our 13th year of going to WDW. It's "what, don't you ever get sick of Disney", "you're going again?!?!?!", "Don't you know there are more vacationing places other than Disney", etc.

My response "where else can you be a kid again?" "Have you ever been to Disney" (9 times out of 10 they haven't) or my personal favorite comeback......

"I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do drugs....it's my only addiction and I need my yearly fix--can you say the same?" quiets them down real quick.:lmao:

MrsPooh
06-22-2009, 10:02 PM
Actually I'm the one commenting about trips. My bil insists on taking his family a minimum of once a year - often twice. Week long trips staying at Wilderness Lodge with plenty of character dining.

I love Disney but his kids have never been on vacation anywhere except Disney.

Piecey
06-22-2009, 10:07 PM
My husband tells me that I talk about going to Disney too much!

FLAngie
06-22-2009, 10:19 PM
YES! But with AP's and living 45 min. away it is hard not to:rotfl2: We just tell everyone that we are trying to get our monies worth:lmao: And that when they come visit they couldn't find better tour guides than DD's!

omghidanielle
06-22-2009, 10:21 PM
I actually looked at an Apple Vacations mega-cheap all-inclusive trip today and while I was checking out all the 'amenities', I said to my sister "Ok...so there's a beach, a pool, and a mall 20 mins away...do you want to go?"

and we both did this :rotfl2:

I don't require constant entertainment, but this does not sound like 'fun' to me. I don't drink, and I don't fare too well in the sun, so I really can't think of any reason why I'd consider doing that.

We took a Disney Cruise last year for our honeymoon, the 4day land / 3day sea and it was absolutely PERFECT. Not too much beach, just enough World. Perfect. (Mind you, Nassau was NOT a pleasant experience for us! But we spent the whole day on the boat, and it was wonderfullllllllllllllllllll)

woodkins
06-22-2009, 10:27 PM
I get this ALOT. And granted we visit disney 2-4 times per year (we live in NY so we fly and stay onsite) but this is what we LOVE to do. My daughter is now 6 & she said her first word at Disney World! The magic that we have seen through her eyes is worth every penny & I know that this trip will be the last one with her seeing things through a completely "innocent" eye. The questions have begun such as...why the characters can't talk, why the princesses faces look "different" LOL and how mickey can be in at 3 places at the same time :confused3

SnowWhite2
06-22-2009, 10:27 PM
Why is it perfectly acceptable to go to the beach year after year after year? The beach is the same, the water is the same and the putt-putt golf is the same. Plus I get sand where sand should not go!

At least Disney has new rides, shows, etc.

Everytime someone makes a comment about Disney I ask them if the beach gets boring year after year. What new things have been added?

pyrxtc
06-22-2009, 10:34 PM
my family doesn't get it. As long as my kids do, I'm happy !

Sharired
06-22-2009, 10:47 PM
My family and friends think my husband and I are crazy for going so much. I point out to them that when you go to the world, you really do see the world! One trip to WDW takes you to France, Japan, the future, an African safari, Hollywood.....I could go on forever! Sorry to be so cheesy.

Yay! My first post.:)

lovintheland
06-23-2009, 06:11 AM
We just took our second trip to Disneyland from Australia in two years and people really questioned us about going again. I really felt quite guilty and embarrassed and tried to not talk about it at work for this reason.

Well we have just returned and if there's anyway in God's plan for us to get back there again we will. We absolutely love the place!!! only we just said the other night we won't tell people. I know I shouldn't let other's opinions affect my happiness but I hate feeling like I have to justify myself. I really feel that unless you've been to Disney like lots of Aussies haven't, you can't understand the love and addiction, although friends have just returned from their first trip (also from Australia) and she said, yes they loved it but wouldn't go back again.

I live and breathe and Disney!!!!! Walt you have a lot to answer for!!!!! LOL

stahshee
06-23-2009, 06:32 AM
I hear it all the time..Yada Yada yada... However I have found WDW less money then a week at the shore...
Dh familys thinks a vacation is to drive 18 hours and vist family and sit in there house all dayboring!!!!!

itutorfortravel
06-23-2009, 06:47 AM
Yes, I hear it too, but we can do Disney for much less than any other vacation, even driving to Myrtle Beach for a week..and believe me, that is nowhere as pretty as WDW!

Now, doing a Disney cruise on the other hand is not as cheap as going to Myrtle Beach, but once you go, unfortunately you are so hooked! DH really enjoyed it, it goes without saying that I did, and now DD only wants to do Disney cruises - even more than the parks!

disneymomjcs
06-23-2009, 07:11 AM
We go to Disney 2 -3 times a year and are DVC members, okay sometimes 4x's:banana::banana:. We also ski and go other places like Hawaii for two weeks last year. I am a bargain hunter for airfare too!

We know people who own shore houses or go to the beach every year:lmao: and no where else. They say how can you go year after year don't you get bored. We say no every trip is different and we've meet so many interesting people Disney is our beach! Then they go oh..... they get it now.:rotfl2:

Everyone we know asks me for trip planning advice. So its good to be able to help others. :laundy:

Ashlander
06-23-2009, 07:15 AM
When I told my sister that we were going to Disney again this year she said "I don't mean to be rude, but I thought Disney was supposed to be a special thing". Obviously she does not get it. I told her that it was our thing and we wanted to go as many times as possible while the kids still believe in the magic.

singnring
06-23-2009, 07:25 AM
DH and I hear it from his family all the time.

He spent 20 years working for his dad for low wages and probably went on vacation w/ me and the kids 6 times in 20 years.

Now he owns the business and we go to WDW 4-6 times a year.

We just say that we're making up for all the lost years.

And where better than WDW??!!

My family all live in Florida - Sanford, just west of Titusville, & New Smyrna Beach. We hear it from them too.

"How can you stand going there? We hate Disney!"
Hey!! Them's fightin' words!! :mad:

I grew up in Orlando and got to go to Disney ALL THE TIME as a kid!!

I loved it then and I love it now. I'm glad the magic never left me like it did the rest of the family.

patsal
06-23-2009, 09:13 AM
So many of your expereinces are ours as well. I just learned tha DS now nearly 18 hates WDW and doesn't want to go on our vacation with us--I'm sure there is more to it. He is going but with a promise to never have to go on vacation again. I hope he really does join us, but if not :confused3.
He is a nature kid I am not, so our idea of vacation and stuff is very different--he'd rather be set loose in the woods than go to WDW. I only wish he had talked to me earlier, I would have sent him to some campy thing while we went on vacation!

extremesoccermom
06-23-2009, 09:51 AM
A few people in my family just tell me they don't understand why I want to go there every year but they haven't been since we were kids. They don't understand how everytime we go WDW is different and we still have not done everything!
My coworkers just roll their eyes:rolleyes: and don't want to hear about it so I don't tell them any more. (Even though my one coworker goes to the same hotel on the same beach every year).
Next year we will spend a few days at Vero Beach and 3 nights on the Disney Wonder. :hug: After that thanks to our DVC we will go to California and then Hawaii the next year. Plus now we can enjoy our resort and the parks more.

SnowWtch
06-23-2009, 10:30 AM
Strange but no one tells me I go too much. My family is Disney obsessed too. My co-workers don't say anything either. They know I like it, it's close so I'm never gone more than a day or two and I work a high stress job. It's a relaxation thing and they don't want any of us to burnout.

RumpleMom
06-23-2009, 12:09 PM
One of the best kept secrets, is that WDW is even more fun without the kids.

We loved going with the kids at every stage of their youth, but have found it wonderful with just the 2 of us.

Start planning a trip or two without DS, whether he is in school or at work and you will see him asking to go on vacation, especially if Mom and Dad are paying.

Our twentysomething kids don't have as much vacation time from their jobs as we do, but they are still anxious to join us on some of our trips, and we love having them along.

Boston Tea Party
06-23-2009, 12:25 PM
If anyone makes a comment, that is what we tell them - that we enjoy the magic and get a lot more for our vacation money...
Lynn

Disney really is a good value for the money. We went to San Antonio one year and got nickeled and dimed to death. :lmao:

pumpkinfish
06-23-2009, 01:37 PM
People stopped commenting after our 10th trip...now they say how jealous they are! Everyone wants to know how DH and I are able to afford to go so often. I've helped a few friends and coworkers plan as well...and it has gotten around that I know my stuff! So every now and then I'll get an email or someone will call for advice. The problem is, when you are Disney OBsessed (especiall on the budget/savings aspect) you can't just stop with "some" advice...you need to give ALL advice so it takes time and breath.

As far as our families...after they saw how much fun we have and keep retunring, they all have decided to join in when they can. In fact, our small trip planned in October for 1st DVC stay has turned into a week long adventure including 3 other families :).

I just smile at those that have negatives to say. They just have NO idea :thumbsup2.

patsal
06-23-2009, 01:48 PM
One of the best kept secrets, is that WDW is even more fun without the kids.

We loved going with the kids at every stage of their youth, but have found it wonderful with just the 2 of us.

Start planning a trip or two without DS, whether he is in school or at work and you will see him asking to go on vacation, especially if Mom and Dad are paying.

Our twentysomething kids don't have as much vacation time from their jobs as we do, but they are still anxious to join us on some of our trips, and we love having them along.

Thanks, I think I kind of needed to hear that from someone! I am looking towards the future and am excited about it, I even planned this vacation as the last just the four of us vacation--DS will have a great big, wonderful world to go out and explore so I know all of his plans do not include me--it is just weird after so long planning everything for four and thinking we were doing something that everyone enjoyed.

Handbag Lady
06-23-2009, 01:48 PM
We don't have kids and try to vacation to WDW once a year.

We get asked all the time about our choice. I tell them to p*** off. One of my friends vacations at the ocean with her parents in a tiny motorhome. Great for her, torture for me. My dad has to visit Norway with his wife about once every two years. Yeah, not my idea of fun (dealing with in-laws and having to stay at their house! In the cold! Egads!). My mom takes senior cruises, I mean how boring can you get?

I never say anything to them yet I manage to show excitement for their trips.

luvmarypoppins
06-23-2009, 03:09 PM
Yeah, everyone says that to us. We usually go twice a year, but this year because of all the cancer, surgeries etc. we havent gone at all, so now no one is saying are you going there again. I think this time when they will say it, it will be hooray for you etc! instead of the more snider comment etc.

eyeheartgoofy
06-23-2009, 08:04 PM
I get that all the time. Most people see a trip to Disney as a once in a childhood kind of thing that adults "endure" for the benefit of their children.

I guess, having been so many times, I see it as a relaxing getaway. We stay on site, so nobody drives or cooks for the duration. We know where ME is located at MCO, we know how to navigate around the parks and we know how the on site transportation works. We know how and when to make ADR's. We know the tricks and the tips. It's just such an easy vacation to plan and implement. It's familiar, yet different.

We are going camping this summer instead of Disney. I'm not pleased. We are staying in a cabin at a campground for a week. The cabin has a small bathroom with a toilet and a shower. No A/C. No bed linens. Cooking will have to be done outdoors. I will have to pack all of our food, or buy it from a local grocery store. We'll be dealing with a big honking ice chest and firewood (I hate wood smoke). I'll have to pack all of our linens, cooking utensils, towels, etc. There will be bugs and dirt. And, it is costing $100 per night for the pleasure without food and without entertainment (there are a ton of touristy things in the area)! And, yet, when I tell people we are camping for our summer vacation, nobody bats an eyelash.

Zuzu03
06-23-2009, 08:11 PM
My husband tells me that I talk about going to Disney too much!

Mine too! :rotfl:

fakereadhed
06-23-2009, 08:29 PM
Everyone tells me I go too often- but I do! :lmao:

disneynuts777
06-23-2009, 08:44 PM
We hear it all the time. This is our 13th year of going to WDW. It's "what, don't you ever get sick of Disney", "you're going again?!?!?!", "Don't you know there are more vacationing places other than Disney", etc.

My response "where else can you be a kid again?" "Have you ever been to Disney" (9 times out of 10 they haven't) or my personal favorite comeback......

"I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do drugs....it's my only addiction and I need my yearly fix--can you say the same?" quiets them down real quick.:lmao:

I am going to use this answer the next time someone rolls there at at me and says...again...were you not just there.
If this is where I choose to vacation yearly than that is my business:thumbsup2

DVCBELLE
06-23-2009, 10:44 PM
Why is it perfectly acceptable to go to the beach year after year after year? The beach is the same, the water is the same and the putt-putt golf is the same. Plus I get sand where sand should not go!

At least Disney has new rides, shows, etc.

Everytime someone makes a comment about Disney I ask them if the beach gets boring year after year. What new things have been added?
This is my EXACT response....usually ends the discussion!

tinah159
06-24-2009, 01:08 AM
We hear it alot. My family has always wondered what the appeal of WDW was but for us it is magical. I have started a business renting my camper at FW and now my family thinks everything is great because I am using my "expertise." They just dont get it. If I had not started the business, they would still be rolling their eyes and asking us why we dont go somewhere else. It makes me mad!

PaulaSue
06-24-2009, 01:24 AM
Nope, I just tell my (old) neighbors they do since I am jealous.:lmao:

squirrel
06-24-2009, 01:59 AM

I love this! I might have to borrow it.

stemikger
06-24-2009, 02:14 AM
I get this one constantly. I'm amazed how many people don't get it. I have been on several other vacations and nothing even comes close as far as the options and the pure excitment.

A Disney vacation fits my personality in everyway. I'm a 45 year old kid at heart who was turned on to Disney as a child. I love the magical feeling I get when I first arrive and there is something that happens to me when I get there. I actually relax and forget about all the problems of the real world.

Something I tell my wife often about Disney is that no other place makes me feel like that feeling of being on vacation the way Disney does. On a few off years when we went someplace else, I was actually thinking about how much I missed Disney.

My daughter has gotten the Disney bug also. She is 14 now and has been going almost annually since she was 4. My wife likes it, but not as much. However, she does agree that as far as value, there is no better vaction then Disney.

TnTWalter
06-24-2009, 07:44 AM
We did the beach right after Disney this year. Everyone LOVED it. Now I'm afraid it's going to be hard to get them back to Disney.

And it was less expensive than Disney [even stayed offsite at WDW].

Sigh....hoping to go back in 2 years anyway.

Trish

FLA NUT
06-24-2009, 10:05 AM
I get that all the time. Most people see a trip to Disney as a once in a childhood kind of thing that adults "endure" for the benefit of their children.

I guess, having been so many times, I see it as a relaxing getaway. We stay on site, so nobody drives or cooks for the duration. We know where ME is located at MCO, we know how to navigate around the parks and we know how the on site transportation works. We know how and when to make ADR's. We know the tricks and the tips. It's just such an easy vacation to plan and implement. It's familiar, yet different.

We are going camping this summer instead of Disney. I'm not pleased. We are staying in a cabin at a campground for a week. The cabin has a small bathroom with a toilet and a shower. No A/C. No bed linens. Cooking will have to be done outdoors. I will have to pack all of our food, or buy it from a local grocery store. We'll be dealing with a big honking ice chest and firewood (I hate wood smoke). I'll have to pack all of our linens, cooking utensils, towels, etc. There will be bugs and dirt. And, it is costing $100 per night for the pleasure without food and without entertainment (there are a ton of touristy things in the area)! And, yet, when I tell people we are camping for our summer vacation, nobody bats an eyelash.

I feel the exact same way. We decided not to do Disney this year :eek: (I had a weak moment). We went camping at the beach. We own a travel travel and decided to show the kids there was something else out there besides Disney. We ended up spending more money at the beach than a week @ WDW. We were nickled and dimed to death, and the campsite cost more than my 2 bedroom condo did last year!!!

Funny thing was, all my co-workers kept saying "I quess your doing Disney again this year" when I told them no, we were going camping they were all excited and discussing how wonderful the beach is and how much there is to do. (These are also the same people who come to me to help plan there WDW trips). No one seems to get it. They all make fun of me for loving Disney so much and going every year. Some people can be just rude about it. But, I never make fun of their yearly beach or mountain trips. It seems as if you can go to the beach every other week and nothing is said, but go to WDW two or three years in a row and you are a freak :confused3.

a1tinkfans
06-24-2009, 10:27 AM
Yeah, everyone says that to us. We usually go twice a year, but this year because of all the cancer, surgeries etc. we havent gone at all, so now no one is saying are you going there again. I think this time when they will say it, it will be hooray for you etc! instead of the more snider comment etc.

:grouphug:
I hope you make it to Disney real soon.
One of the things I remember MOST about finishing with chemo and stuff after cancer surgery was counting down the days in my head I could get back to Disney. OH, I used to spend hours and hours here on the DIS just reading to get my Disney fix, ;)
And I also recall when I first got diagnosed thinking, OMG, was that last trip my really LAST trip! You can see the "gap" in our trips below....that was a really tough time for me and the whole family....
Fortunately for me, I have been able to return (TWICE that year) and I have to say, returning to our "home away from home", "fuzzy, short haired" and all and walking on that Bridge at POR with the lights twinkling and looking at the sky will NEVER leave my mind. It was an amazing experience and I know how blessed I am each and every day...LIFE can change on a dime, so one has to ENJOY our time regardless of what others may think is not ideal for them :lovestruc
So, Best of Luck to you as you battle with cancer, stay focused on your future. You are in my prayers!!

a1tinkfans
06-24-2009, 10:35 AM
I get this one constantly. I'm amazed how many people don't get it. I have been on several other vacations and nothing even comes close as far as the options and the pure excitment.

A Disney vacation fits my personality in everyway. I'm a 45 year old kid at heart who was turned on to Disney as a child. I love the magical feeling I get when I first arrive and there is something that happens to me when I get there. I actually relax and forget about all the problems of the real world.

Something I tell my wife often about Disney is that no other place makes me feel like that feeling of being on vacation the way Disney does. On a few off years when we went someplace else, I was actually thinking about how much I missed Disney.

My daughter has gotten the Disney bug also. She is 14 now and has been going almost annually since she was 4. My wife likes it, but not as much. However, she does agree that as far as value, there is no better vaction then Disney.

GEEZ, I could have almost written this post ....MY dh is more the one who sees the value...me, the ADDICTED ONE...He is a CRAZY GREAT GUY to indulge me year after year....My DS is 15 now, literally grew up on it...I mean really. every year, knows it like the back of his hand. Alas, teen years, fortunately for me we are traveling with others this year, so he'll have a great time without us (only child) which is tough in itself sometimes....always with mom and dad.
We do other vacations too....cruised and ALL loved it, beach house etc but honestly, Disney is so "home" to me.I just cannot Miss it:confused3 totally addicted......I just LOVE the feeling of Home and Happy and RELAXED......:cheer2::cheer2:
Next year we're doing a BIG trip to Mexico and thats where the DH wants to return, BUT, I also got in a quick trip to the POLY (though I am thinking I may change locations) I could NOT miss a year, no how no way, :lmao:
Now, lets hope for DECENT flights out of NY, so some Pixie Dust to me, :rotfl2:

Kimmumum
06-24-2009, 10:38 AM
I went 2 weeks ago and didn't tell anyone at my work because I didn't want to hear about it. They have no idea I went:lmao:

Gretchen3ajoshmom
06-24-2009, 10:41 AM
:rolleyes:My DH....He is happy that I am waiting until 2012 - I won't have time until then because of school and all of our debt(except house) will be gone... Doesn't stop me from thinking/talking about it a lot..... It will be sooo wonderful when we finally get to return!!

treehugnmama
06-24-2009, 11:03 AM
I went a couple times as a child but this past feb was my fisrt adult trip.

Co-workers would go and I would say `that is not a vacation for me i hate amusment parks` I still dislike canada`s wonderland and places like that but I am a disney addict now lol.

We decided to take dd for 2 days to disney in feb because she was soooo into the princesses....once I saw all the stuff to do including dining I was hooked...2 days turned to 8 and I booked 2 more trips on top of that trip in a 13 month span...oh ya and joined dvc....All from the disney hater lol

So i get people that think they will hate disney I did but now I feel the magic lol

clanmcculloch
06-24-2009, 11:03 AM
Friends typically make comments about being jealous or laughing and saying that some day our daughters will get married there (that would be amazing). It's family that makes negative comments, but I ignore them. Friends really understand that for us, the magic goes so much farther than the typical magic. It's the only place I know of where we can vacation stress free. Disney is so amazing with their accomodations for our big list of food allergies and dietary restictions as well as their accomodations for my daughter's autism. I think this is why friends DO understand; they know some of our daily struggles and have heard me go on and on (and on and on :laughing:) about how great they are.

I keep telling myself though that we really need to try DL soon since one of my DSDs now lives out there. I really need to do more research on that one. Even just the dining options don't look nearly as good let alone the difference in how hotels are set up (I suppose if we were Deluxe people then it would look different as the DLR hotels are Deluxe; everything not DLR is not owned by Disney which changes the magic; I've never done Swan or Dolphin at WDW either).

Colleen27
06-24-2009, 11:30 AM
We get it a lot, mostly from people who take the same trip "up north" to Traverse or Mackinac every summer. I could understand it to a point if Disney was the only place we went or if the people extolling the virtues of non-Disney travels were world travellers themselves, but my kids have been more places than a lot of the adults who comment on our Disney habit.

We still go cabin camping every summer, hit the indoor waterpark resorts to shake off the winter blahs, and even take a year off of Disney every now and again for a different big vacation. But something we find, no matter where we go, is that nothing compares to Disney when it comes to having something fun to offer all of our kids. With 10 years between the oldest and the youngest, planning a trip that is appropriate for all three is a bit of a challenge anywhere else.

mom3sonstt
06-24-2009, 11:56 AM
We are DVC members, and one year while talking to my mom about that year's upcoming trip, she asked me "How much longer do you have to keep going there?" :eek: My reply? "Well, we GET to keep going there until 2041" :thumbsup2 She hasn't commented (to me anyway) on any more of our trips. We took them with us back in 1996 (pre-DVC) and have been trying to get them to go again. Unfortunately they usually have an excuse - a few years it was because we were traveling in September - the busiest month of the year for my mom, now she says that dad can't get around very good (he's 70, overweight, very inactive, and has one, maybe both knees replaced) I told her to have him do like I do and rent a scooter. Still no go. I'm tired of begging them - and this year is probably the last year all the kids will be going, which is kinda why I wanted them to go - so they could do things with the grandkids :confused3

*KeepMovingForward*
06-24-2009, 12:04 PM
Everybody has their thing. My SIL and her family go skiing repeatedly each year, my DSister goes to Mexico several times a year, friends of ours do Vegas a lot, my MIL (when she was with us) did the Catskills every summer. I make no excuses for how we enjoy ourselves and am quick to point out the repetitive things they do in their own lives-Yes, we're going to Disney again. Hey, that reminds me...are you and Bob going to Mexico again this winter? People are creatures of habit and even if its not vacations you can certainly find something about everyone that they do repeatedly and use that to get your point across.

travelbug
06-24-2009, 01:44 PM
I guess I'm pretty lucky. I've never had anyone comment on how often I go to WDW, maybe for these possible reasons:

1. I'm a DVC owner and usually invite family and friends along. It wouldn't be good for people to make snide comments while also hoping for an invite. ;)

2. The family members and friends I've taken along (some of which have gone with me more than once) come back with rave reviews about the whole experience. So maybe then others think twice about questioning my WDW trips.

3. I also travel to a variety of other places, and many people know that about me. I've been to all 50 states, etc.

4. I don't often bring my travel plans into the conversation with friends or at work. If they ask me, I'll answer of course. But if they don't ask, I'm rather quiet about upcoming trips. :rolleyes1

It wouldn't even occur to me to question someone else's choice of vacation destination. If and when someone questions my choice, I would probably smile and say sweetly, "What an odd question. Why do you ask?" :flower3:

wahmtexas
06-24-2009, 02:34 PM
LOL my mom just commented yesterday that we are going twice in one year and I replied that life is short and the time at Disney with the kids is priceless :)

ceecee
06-24-2009, 02:59 PM
People just assume that's where we're going now!!!!
I do get asked..."Don't you get bored?" and I can honestly say NO!:rotfl:
I do feel a little quilty, thinking that DD should see more of the real world! Not just in Epcot! By the time I was 13 I had visited four countries and many of the states.

Shir Kahn
06-24-2009, 03:06 PM
I make it quite clear to everyone around me that we absolutely love Disney and have a goal of living in Celebration so we can go every day if we feel like it. It doesn't matter to me in the slightest what they think of that, We're living our lives the way we want to live them and if they don't like it, well, they only have to deal with us until we can afford to move! :rotfl: The one that really irks me though is the people who assume we must have kids if we're going to Disney. We'd like to have kids and would definitely be taking them, but we also love Disney as adults on our own.

Andrea from PA
06-24-2009, 09:14 PM
We have only done Disney twice as a family, but since starting my new job in Dec 2007, I have been to Orlando 4 times -- my co-workers think I'm crazy & have never been anywhere else.

I've been racking my brain for a month thinking about the "other" places my family should visit in the next few years while all 3 kids still live at home -- frankly, we can't come up with anything better than the Orlando area!

It has something entertaining & relaxing for each of us - forget cost savings over time, etc. - I just want time with my family where most of the time we'll all be HAPPY

disneydreamerprinces
06-26-2009, 12:31 AM
NO, I can't say any one has said to me that I visit Disney World too much, since I have never had the chance to go. Although half of my family say that I talk about it way tooooo much.:thumbsup2

snels
06-26-2009, 07:37 AM
We have extended family that loves Disney as much as I do. My sister has caught the bug in the last few years, and we go with her quite often. My husband's brother and all of his adult children are crazy about Disney World!!!

When someone asks me why we spend so much time at Disney I just say that we have vacationed many places over the years and DW is the best, most complete vacation we have found.:thumbsup2

momejay
06-26-2009, 08:53 AM
I hear several comments from people about how often I choose to take my children to WDW. My brother seems to think I should take them to a lake or beach & rent a cabin somewhere. I ask him how much he spent on his latest trip to an island in the Caribean (for 2 people) & I can go to WDW for a week (including tickets, hotel, rental car...) for the same price that they paid for airfare for their island trip. I asked him what new experience he had since his last visit & he said this time they saw a sea turtle. Well, I can go see a talking sea turtle, it is air conditioned & I don't have to hold my breath to take a picture!

My Uncle talked me into using his cabin on a lake for a weekend last month. I took all 3 kids. We drove up, unloaded suitcases, wandered around the house...The first question the kids asked? How long do we have to stay here it's boring? The next, "So this is all we do watch the lake? There is only one boat!" :rolleyes:

I am taking them to WDW again as soon as I have enough saved in my emergency fund & to afford a trip.