PDA

View Full Version : Disney deals in Dec?

ColleenG
06-22-2009, 08:33 PM
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this. My DMIL wants to take us all to Disney, preferably in early Dec. but the woman doesn't do anything with out getting some sort of a "deal". Has Disney ever done any special promos for December? I keep telling her that with all the holiday stuff going on they don't need to but she just keeps saying we should wait and see.

Have there ever been any promos in January or Febuary? I told her that might be a better time if she wants a deal.

Thanks!

itutorfortravel
06-22-2009, 08:38 PM
actually, i do think that disney has done free dining before in december, but maybe someone else will come along to confirm that. i know that we have priced out vacation packages at wdw during the weeks between thanksgiving and Christmas, and have used some sort of booking code, though i can't remember what it was. we have just always ended up staying offsite b/c dh can get great deals on condos through his work....good luck, though. it is a fabulous time to visit the world!

itutorfortravel
06-22-2009, 08:41 PM
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this. My DMIL wants to take us all to Disney, preferably in early Dec. but the woman doesn't do anything with out getting some sort of a "deal". Has Disney ever done any special promos for December? I keep telling her that with all the holiday stuff going on they don't need to but she just keeps saying we should wait and see.

Have there ever been any promos in January or Febuary? I told her that might be a better time if she wants a deal.

Thanks!

me again :p

yes, there are deals in january sometimes, too. this past january i had booked 7 nights at the polynesian resort for 2 adults / 1 child with tix and the meal plan for $2900. it was when they had the promo pay for 4 nights, get 3 nights free. it was an incredible deal for the polynesian, but we ended up doing a disney cruise instead. you could have even gotten better rates staying at other resorts at wdw during that time frame.

oh, and by the way, the last visit we made to wdw was in january during mlk week, and aside from that monday which is the holiday, the crowds were very low and the weather was very comfortable. another great time to visit!

PrincessSuzanne
06-22-2009, 09:05 PM
Of course there are deals most of the year. There are more popular times when there aren't deals, but those are the really peak times. I currently have a free dining package for the 3rd week in Dec (Dec 16 thru 22) that was sent to me by Disney over a month ago. The last day on the offer was actually Dec 17th, but because I was checking in prior to the 17th, they let me apply it to all of my days, but I am still paying peak prices for my room from Dec 18 thru 22.

Make sure you and all adult family members with an e-mail are registered on the Disney site and someone is bound to get a PIN code (that is not guaranteed, but can happen). My cousin booked a trip for last Dec and I moved it to my AAA rep so she could get my discount and then Disney sent her an e-mail discount code (the one I got was better, but she still had one just in case).

More than likely Dec 5 thru 12th won't have any offers because of the Pop Warner Superbowl, but you never know. They didn't offer discounts during that time last year.

Most Dec offers come out in late August, just after the 2010 packages are released.

Suzanne

torinsmom
06-22-2009, 09:11 PM
Well, it looks like November 29-December 17 is value season, so you could get a 15-20% discount with AAA if you could use that.

Marsha

ColleenG
06-22-2009, 09:14 PM
Thanks. We have gone before in early December and early January. And loved the low crowd levels (who wouldn't!). We are actually DVC members but won't have enough points for our family of 6 to go for another 2 use years (unless we buy more points), let alone an extra room for the in-laws. Either way we would need 2 rooms.

WOW! Free dining in December! That is great. I will keep my eyes peeled for August and tell DMIL to register with Disney's website.

Picabo
06-22-2009, 09:49 PM
me again :p

yes, there are deals in january sometimes, too. this past january i had booked 7 nights at the polynesian resort for 2 adults / 1 child with tix and the meal plan for $2900. it was when they had the promo pay for 4 nights, get 3 nights free. it was an incredible deal for the polynesian, but we ended up doing a disney cruise instead. you could have even gotten better rates staying at other resorts at wdw during that time frame.

oh, and by the way, the last visit we made to wdw was in january during mlk week, and aside from that monday which is the holiday, the crowds were very low and the weather was very comfortable. another great time to visit!

WOW I didn't realize they had the pay for 4 get 3 free deal going on in January! Do you know approx when they allowed you to book that deal? We are scheduled to go in early Dec this year but if I could get a deal like that for Jan - I'd definately MOVE my dates by a month! How is the weather in January? Any chance of using the pools??