PDA

View Full Version : Help - stained Disney shirt

LeslieG
06-22-2009, 06:53 PM
My son came home from Bible school this morning with some kind of paint on his favorite Disney shirt. I was hoping it was washable, but it's not. Don't get me started on why they would not use washable paints with the kids. Anyway, I don't know what kind of paint it is, but any advice on what to try? My stain remover isn't doing anything. His shirt is red, and the paint is a dark green.

*KeepMovingForward*
06-22-2009, 06:58 PM
Hve you tried the stain remover liquid that comes in the Dryel packages? I use that on everything and have had excellent luck with it taking out crayon, marker and nail polish.

tinaninea
06-22-2009, 07:05 PM
If it's a small spot, I would try a q-tip and a little nail polish remover.

cglaura
06-22-2009, 07:14 PM
Hand sanitizer...I haven't tried it on paint, but it did work on tree sap on jeans and a t-shirt, and the tip that told me that said it also works for paint. Let it sit for awhile, then try to pick off the paint. Rubbing alcohol will do the same thing.

I'd try a little on the inside hem first to make sure it is colorfast.

englishteacha
06-22-2009, 07:41 PM
Soak the spot in dish detergent (for hand washing, not machine). Do NOT put it in the dryer, whatever you do. It will never come out then. By the way, even "washable" paint doesn't always come out of clothing. They should have worn smocks, though. Good luck!

Grumpy140
06-22-2009, 07:54 PM
If anything works, Please let us know. :laundy:

Octoberbabiesrus
06-22-2009, 10:01 PM
I recently did the same.... fabric paint on a brand new shirt I bought the night before. I stuck it in the washer with a spoonful of oxyclean and a cap of tide. Came out and you cant see where it was!

tinkermom23
06-22-2009, 10:08 PM
would be to go directly to Disney World and buy him a new shirt. After all, it is his favorite shirt!! :rotfl2: