PDA

View Full Version : Reasonable Hotel/Area near Verizon Center

DisneyMissy318
06-22-2009, 09:40 AM
We have tickets to see the Jonas Brothers at the Verizon Center - July 13! We had planned to take the camper and make a week out of it, but have since changed our minds. So... now we are in need of a reasonable hotel that will let us get to the Verizon Center in 15-30 mins.

We recently stayed at Tyson's Corner Marriott - which was very nice for $100 for the night - same room type will be over $200 a night on 7/13!

Please point me in the direction of a (safe) suburb or area that has easy access to the Verizon Center - it can be VA or MD - plan to arrive Sunday - checkout Tuesday. I'm not "up" on how to chose the area - and would love some "local" input.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PrincessGracie
06-22-2009, 11:06 AM
check out Bowie MD.

There are 2 hotels right off Route 50. Mapquest says 27 min (17 miles) from verizon center.

Hampton Inn Bowie--15202 Major Lansdale Blvd, Bowie
$101/each night (advance purchase) includes breakfast

Comfort Inn Conference Center--4500 Crain Hwy, Bowie
$117/night, $105/AAA...includes breakfast

Route 50 is a straight shot into DC. Easy to get to the Verizon Center.

PM with any questions.

scouthawkk
06-22-2009, 11:20 AM
When my family comes to town, if they don't stay with us, the stay at the Comfort Inn Conference Center in Bowie, MD. It is a short drive to an orange line metro station, which makes it real easy to get into DC and the Verizon Center. That's what we do when we go to hockey games and shows there.

There is also a Courtyard by Marriott in New Carrollton, MD that is real close to the metro, and offers a free shuttle to and from. I don't know anyone who has stayed there, but there are a lot of visitors to the area that do stay there. I see the shuttle at the metro all the time.

Not sure what either will be costing that weekend, but it might be worth looking into. And the drive into DC isn't all that bad either, as long as you don't try it in rush hour...but that holds true for any trip into the city during rush hour.

nless_dream
06-22-2009, 11:22 AM
crystal city, rosslyn area is nice also.

scouthawkk
06-22-2009, 11:26 AM
check out Bowie MD.

There are 2 hotels right off Route 50. Mapquest says 27 min (17 miles) from verizon center.

Hampton Inn Bowie--15202 Major Lansdale Blvd, Bowie
$101/each night (advance purchase) includes breakfast

Comfort Inn Conference Center--4500 Crain Hwy, Bowie
$117/night, $105/AAA...includes breakfast

Route 50 is a straight shot into DC. Easy to get to the Verizon Center.

PM with any questions.

I didn't mention the Hampton in my post because it can get a bit noisy at night because it is right next door to a movie theater. And being summer, it tends to get a lot of kids hanging out in the parking lots at night before and after the movies. That's actually why my family stays at the Comfort in. It doesn't seem like a bad place to stay, just a bit too noisy for my family. Oh, and I should have mentioned, Bowie has a lot of options for places to eat, too!

DisneyMissy318
06-22-2009, 11:44 AM
I KNEW I was asking the right people! Thanks for all of your responses. I'll be researching all of these possibilities when I get home tonight.

Thanks again for taking your time to respond.

brandiramirez
06-22-2009, 12:22 PM
How cool we are going to for a girls night out my daughter and I. She really doesn't know we are going its going to be a surprise. I went on priceline and got Renaissance Washington DC, I know nothing about it really but got it for $75.00 for the night. So you could try pricelilne, has anybody ever been here before? It does say walking distance.