PDA

View Full Version : Taxi!!

IMGONNABE40!
06-21-2009, 01:37 PM
We are rope drop people..at least my nephew and I are! :thumbsup2 Would it be easiest to just take a taxi to the parks? Does anyone know what this will cost, and where do you get a taxi from FW? Do they line up, or do you need to call?

Thanks!

SCCamper
06-21-2009, 02:15 PM
Just curious...Why not use Disney transportation? You are staying on property, so it's free. Calling a taxi seems like it would get pretty expensive. I'm assuming that you won't have your own vehicle there with you. As for the MK, we just take the boat from FW.

IMGONNABE40!
06-22-2009, 10:47 AM
I do like Disney transportation. But, we really like to be at a park at least 45 minutes prior to opening. So, I figure a cab would be quicker and have us to our destination within 15 minutes. Not for MK, certainly. But, to get to Epcot by 7:15 for an 8 AM opening it would be nice to get a cab at 7, rather than looking for the internal bus at...pretty early I'd imagine. So, just wanted info on the cab to weigh in my decision making.

clkelley
06-22-2009, 11:47 AM
If you have a car, you could just drive to the parks (except for MK), that would be the fastest.

If you don't have a car and wanted to take a taxi to any of the parks, then you would still have to look for an internal bus to take you to the Outpost which starts between 6:30 and 6:40 in the morning. (Unless you also rent a golf cart).

The taxis are only available at the Reception Outpost.

IMGONNABE40!
06-22-2009, 12:40 PM
Thanks. We won't have a car. I am hoping that in a cabin loop we'll be close enough to walk to the Outpost. Does anyone know if there are cabs waiting, or would I have to call and arrange for one?

clkelley
06-22-2009, 01:07 PM
Thanks. We won't have a car. I am hoping that in a cabin loop we'll be close enough to walk to the Outpost. Does anyone know if there are cabs waiting, or would I have to call and arrange for one?

The front desk can call one for you. They seem to come really fast when the desk or Bell Services calls.

BradyBz12
06-22-2009, 01:58 PM
I am hoping that in a cabin loop we'll be close enough to walk to the Outpost.

Really depends on where you end up (and how much you want to walk) - map HERE (http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/fortwilderness.htm). Some cabin loops are a pretty good hike away from the Outpost.

SandrA9810
06-22-2009, 02:00 PM
Well busses to the parks start running at 7:30 for breakfast people. If the internal busses are already running by 6:30. My suggestion would be to hop on the orange bus to Wilderness lodge to pick up the MK bus from there. That way you get dropped off at the gate.

A cab is only going to get you to the TTC, and you still have to get on the monorail. While it's a short jaunt... it's not going to save you much time. Taking a car to any other destination will get you there faster than disney busses on average. Just remember that you can't get to through the Animal Kingdom Toll plaze before 8am (when they open). However the busses that start running at 7:30am will likely get you there before that.

SandrA9810
06-22-2009, 02:03 PM
And if you end up in one of the two cabins in the 300 loop... then your best bet really is going to the Lodge.

And I wouldn't walk... I'd ride my bike at least.

IMGONNABE40!
06-22-2009, 02:49 PM
Thanks for all of your input!!

Shan-man
06-22-2009, 05:38 PM
And if you end up in one of the two cabins in the 300 loop... then your best bet really is going to the Lodge.

And I wouldn't walk... I'd ride my bike at least.

The "VIP cabins" are actually in loop 100. :thumbsup2

:santa:

Wistful_Thinking
06-23-2009, 09:22 AM
Have you thought about renting a car. By the time you take a cab a few times you could easily pay for an economy rental car for a week. Then you would have it for other things too. ....Just a thought.

clkelley
06-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Well busses to the parks start running at 7:30 for breakfast people. If the internal busses are already running by 6:30. My suggestion would be to hop on the orange bus to Wilderness lodge to pick up the MK bus from there. That way you get dropped off at the gate.

Actually the buses to the parks start at 7am.

There is a small boat to the Contemporary/WL that starts at 6:45am.

You are correct, driving or taxi to the Animal Kingdom may get you stuck at the parking lot Toll Booth waiting on it to open as late as 8:30, while buses go to a separate area and don't have to wait.