PDA

View Full Version : ***Disney Design Addict's Chit Chat,Designs and Pixie Dust! Everybody WELCOME!*** Part 5

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

mommykds
12-21-2005, 06:22 PM
I'm not sure if I ever showed these. They were from Princesses on Ice (and the day of)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/tink2020/DarbybeforeCGA2.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/tink2020/PrincessJenniferandPrincessDarbyshi.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/tink2020/JenniferandDarby.jpg

Cute pictures!!!!!

miss missy
12-21-2005, 06:24 PM
All right I am going to add my story......We were living in Japan(military brat) when I was about Alyssa's age....I was singing and looking at myself in the bathroom mirror....fell into the sink and cracked one eye lid open (my mom says that was horrible because dad was on base with the only car) . Then about 2 weeks after that I ran into the coffee table full speed and cracked the other eyelid open. I now don't pluck my eyebrows just so you can't see the scars. I don't remember any of this and maybe it actually knocked some sense into me :earboy2: of course the second time would have knocked it right out again :rolleyes:

I am sure that lopsided grin was a girl magnet!!

Yikes OUCH!

My lil brother threw A ceramic coffee cup at my head and the handle was broken off and a piece was sticking out ... so it was sharp... needless to say, I duck when things fly through the air now :rotfl:

miss missy
12-21-2005, 06:32 PM
Brenda,
That is an awsome thing. Seems that around 49 is when everything went to he** and a handbasket and the pounds piled on for me :confused3 :rotfl2:
With 3 c-sections i think recovery is the hardest and somehow my body just decided to revolt :rotfl:

Terry

BAD NEWS

I am sure I knew this but never cared before. But I heard today a DR on the radio say that a women going through "the change" has an average of 28 lb weight gain! S'CUZE ME !! Oh no way! I just won't change then! :rotfl2:

I am 39 and I am NOT looking to deal with this EVER!!!!!!!! How can that be? 28 lbs! SO that means we basically add a CHILD size to our bodies! Not good! I refuse to do that! :earseek:

Disneygrl36
12-21-2005, 06:42 PM
Just dropping in to say hi. I never get to be online anymore it seems. Darn work!!!!
I wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas & a blessed new year.

Tink 2020....I have a mini pin too. I think that is what your cute doggie is in your pics. Mine's name is Bella & she is a sweetheart. We got her last year right after Christmas as a rescue & she has us wrapped around her little paw.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/Disneygrl36/BellawithElephant.jpg

Once again, Merry Christmas ya'll & I miss getting to catch up on all the goings on.

miss missy
12-21-2005, 06:45 PM
49 is when everything went to H***.
For years I thought I had food allergies.
No I have Closed Ileocecal Valve.
A disorder of the small & large intestines.
So my diet of what I'm allowed to eat.
That don't make me sick.
Is mostly cooked fruit, cooked vegetables, water.
I can eat apples & oranges & drink green decafe tea with honey.
No popcorn, potatoes, nuts, seeds, whole grains, soy, dairy, fruit juice,
coca, chocolate, caffeine, sugar, pepper, only white meat, rice, noodles.
I'm a lot better off health wise.
Sometimes I just want........
Dr. Pepper, Steak, twice baked potatoes, corn on the cob, cheesecake.
I asked my Dr. when the H*** can I eat what I want?
Christmas, Thanksgiving, your Birthday, & on vacation.
So the 1st night on my vacation this is what I had. http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a10/Brendita93056/WDWVacation2005-003.jpg
OMG it was good.

DId you know our bodies WERE NOT designed to digest cooked foods! Seems we should all be eating like you!

tink2020
12-21-2005, 06:45 PM
Just dropping in to say hi. I never get to be online anymore it seems. Darn work!!!!

Tink 2020....I have a mini pin too. I think that is what your cute doggie is in your pics. Mine's name is Bella & she is a sweetheart. We got her last year right after Christmas as a rescue & she has us wrapped around her little paw.

Once again, Merry Christmas ya'll & I miss getting to catch up on all the goings on.

Yep, shes a minpin. Yours is a cutie, too! I think they ALL have their owners trained :rotfl: She was also a rescue, and had some serious issues when she came! :rotfl: Her name is Thea. We got her when she was almost 3, about 2 years ago. She'll be 5 in January.

miss missy
12-21-2005, 06:48 PM
The baking went great!! That's why I said I'd be your support on the weight loss thread - not a participant! I haven't been on because a)Matt had an ear infection and we had to come home from school yesterday and b) today I went to the dentist, and let me tell you, it wasn't a good day. Skunka had to come and pick me up - when I got the shot of novacaine, apparently he got extremely close to the nerve and the side effect was a burning sensation and an electrical synapse pulsing through your jaw. I was immediately pulling his hands to stop and I was crying hysterically. I am a real skirt when it comes to the dentist, but this guy was doing great. I had a root canal and two different caps done by him, but I was done in by a small cavity!! He said we would have been better off not using the novacaine (now he tells me!). So I haven't been myself all day - I keep going over it in my head and get stop. It really did me in!

I went to the dentist on Monday. Got a novacaine and didn't feel it AT ALL! But ever since, that area hurts, not bad, but like a bruise... go figure!

Hope you forget that deal real soon

miss missy
12-21-2005, 06:50 PM
I wanted to let ya know I'm going out of town tomorrow,I'll be back Fri.Dec23.If you have any problems PM WebmasterKelsie.If you can't get her try admin@wdwinfo.com

Y'all behave...yea riiiiiiiiight! ;)

HEY HEY BALOO is out of the house, or in other words MOM is out of the house... lets have a party!!!!! Lets be naughty!!!!! Then we'll denie it all after :rotfl:

bear74
12-21-2005, 06:54 PM
Disneygrl36 and Jen,
cute dogs.

miss missy
12-21-2005, 06:59 PM
Oh, I'm addicted, but at the moment I'm addicted and OBSESSED with picking dates for next December. DH is all freaked out by the big crowds I've read about this week (would be the week we go next year) vs earlier in the month. If we go later, the kids don't miss any school and we can go for a longer trip. Otherwise, we only go for 4 days/5 nights and the kids would miss 3 days of school. I can't wait for Tammi to get back to give me the scoop. So, I'm checking the TPAS board constantly looking for updates! I've already booked a package with AAA, so if we're changing, I need to do it ASAP.

Any advice or opinions from the DDA?

I went last year Dec 29th and had perfect weather, no rain, no cold, PERFECT for 10 days! I was there for New Years Eve, busiest day EVER, we did DTD not MK, and we had a blast. We had AP's so this year we had to be done by Dec 29th. As you know we went the same week as you and it was cold as heck and rainy. I wouldn't do Dec again myself. If the weather we had that week didn't bother you, then go for it. I would do 1st week in Jan again. I think Dec weather in FL blows.

And believe it or not, we saw more Christmas on the 1st trip. Music was changed like Jan 5th ish, decor was up the whole time.

I would go Nov, but only last week in Dec for now on.

Just my 2 cents.

tink2020
12-21-2005, 07:38 PM
Trip Report through Day 4 + Pictures updated :goodvibes

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=978036

tinker1bell
12-21-2005, 08:48 PM
okay I just spent the past 3 hours wrapping christmas presents. Still not done as I ran out of tape. DH is supposed to bring some home.

What :earseek: you didn't buy a 12 pack like Steffy did? :rotfl2:

bear74
12-21-2005, 08:59 PM
no I actually thought I had more around here then I did.

Blueeyes101817
12-21-2005, 09:27 PM
well i never knew that sicknesses were contagious on this thread--add me to the list of sickies! im hoping to be okay to go to work tomorrow, but who knows....

dumby
12-21-2005, 09:40 PM
I am sick also. Got up this morning with a sore throat and a headache and it has just gotten worse all day. Took some med and am off to bed.

Hope everyone gets to feeling better soon.

Blueeyes101817
12-21-2005, 09:59 PM
Feel better everyone--im off to bed so i can hopefully go to work!

ReAnSt
12-21-2005, 10:03 PM
I would definitely go in late August. The kids won't be missing school and the crowds aren't as bad because the Florida local kids are back in school as of the beginning of August. Also other southern states start school before late August. I went in late August when I was a kid. It wasn't crowded. It will be hot and humid. It will also rain every afternoon for about 2 hours. Great opportunity to go back to your room and take a nap. Or take a break. Or to hit the attractions that stay open since other people leave the parks due to the thunderstorms.

Unfortunately you will miss MNSSHP and MVMCP. I say go in August but that is just me.
Becky

bear74
12-21-2005, 10:03 PM
I am sick also. Got up this morning with a sore throat and a headache and it has just gotten worse all day. Took some med and am off to bed.

hope you get better soon

babytrees
12-21-2005, 10:04 PM
Yep, shes a minpin. Yours is a cutie, too! I think they ALL have their owners trained :rotfl: She was also a rescue, and had some serious issues when she came! :rotfl: Her name is Thea. We got her when she was almost 3, about 2 years ago. She'll be 5 in January.

I want one of those puppies!!

My favorite animal that we had when I was growing up was a large pinscher....and your babies look just like her (in miniature of course!!)

ReAnSt
12-21-2005, 10:15 PM
Sending tons and tons and tons and tons and tons and tons of pixie dust that everyone gets better for Christmas.

Congratulations to BK for losing her tooth.

Becky

julia & nicks mom
12-21-2005, 10:29 PM
All right you DDA's...I need some planning advice.

We are working on plans to go back to Disney either..

Late August - Pros - Don't have to take the kids out of school. Cons - hot & summer crowds, no special events (mnsshp,mvmcp)

Early October - Pros - MNSSHP, lower crowds, not as hot as summer, still value season. Cons - Would have to take my 3 kids out of school for 4 days.

December - right before Christmas - Pros - special events, holiday decorations, maybe 2-3 days out of school. Cons - sometimes cold, regular season

Hmmmm...what to do???? I really liked October 2005 but I worry (as I did this year & everything was o.k anyway!) about taking them out of school. I hate the thought of August but I have heard that it isn't so bad crowd wise at the end of Aug. We have been 2 times in December before, one time was very cold. Everyone got sick while we were there & it was cold...Did I mention it was cold?

I'd like to see what all my DDA friends think???

if you have children who excel at school this is a no-brainer - they will be able to catch up and the experience at Disney - particularly a well planned day at Epcot can be more educational than a week at school

if they struggle in school - you might worry about this a little more

my DH and I have made the decision that as long as our kids are good students - we will never hesitate to take them out

in my opinion - there was never a week of school that meant more to me than a vacation with my parents,grandparents etc.

ReAnSt
12-21-2005, 10:57 PM
Tonight I made white peppermint bark, peanut butter kiss bars, dark and white marble bark, easy chocolate fudge and the M&M pretzel Christmas wreaths with my Brownie troop. Each girl got to take home a container as a Christmas gift for their parents. Of course something had to not turn out and it was the M&M Christmas wreaths. I have made them for many years but of course I got a bad bag of chocolate which wouldn't melt and then the melts didn't stick to the pretzels and the M&M's wouldn't stick to the pretzels right. They turned out ok but I wish that they would have melted. I guess I got and old bag of chocolate or something.

We also started our annual Girl Scout cookie sale today. The girls were very upset they got rid of the Pinata cookies, which suprised me. Starting the cookie sale in December always throws me off because when I was a girl in Girl Scouts the sale never started until January.

Becky

Tinkaroo
12-21-2005, 11:00 PM
All right you DDA's...I need some planning advice.

We are working on plans to go back to Disney either..

Late August - Pros - Don't have to take the kids out of school. Cons - hot & summer crowds, no special events (mnsshp,mvmcp)

Early October - Pros - MNSSHP, lower crowds, not as hot as summer, still value season. Cons - Would have to take my 3 kids out of school for 4 days.

December - right before Christmas - Pros - special events, holiday decorations, maybe 2-3 days out of school. Cons - sometimes cold, regular season

Hmmmm...what to do???? I really liked October 2005 but I worry (as I did this year & everything was o.k anyway!) about taking them out of school. I hate the thought of August but I have heard that it isn't so bad crowd wise at the end of Aug. We have been 2 times in December before, one time was very cold. Everyone got sick while we were there & it was cold...Did I mention it was cold?

I'd like to see what all my DDA friends think???

I might be able to give you a unique perspective, as I was there at basically all these times this year! :rotfl:

Late August - I've done it a few times, including this year (8/24-8/28), and the heat/humidity can be so miserable (and I'm a native of Houston - so I know my heat and humidity!). It saps your energy, you have no appetite, etc. The crowds are not as bad as earlier in the summer, but I just forgot how hot it can be. You begin sweating the minute you get outside, and that is just so uncomfortable to me.

Early October - Much better than late August, plus you have the MNSSHP. We were there this year from 10/1-10/4, and did the 2nd party (Sunday night). The crowds were pretty light. It was still warm outside (and humid/rainy on a couple of occasions), but not near as oppressive as August.

December - This was my first trip to take at this time of year, and hands down, it would now be my first pick of times to go. Was there this year from 11/28-12/4. Crowds were very light (except on our last Saturday at the MK, but they were filming the parade), weather was gorgeous (a bit cool in some instances, but I'd rather be cool than hot!), and the holiday ambiance and all the special events just can't be beat. My parents were also with me, and my dad made the comment that this is the time to go, and they wished they'd known about it earlier. They don't ever want to go back in the summer ever again!

Hope this helps! Just my 2 cents, but like Kate said, if your kids are doing well in school, you do as much preparation before/during your trip, I'd pick December, hands down!!

my3princes
12-21-2005, 11:05 PM
Tsk, tsk, Jennifer! :teeth: I practically begged my doctor for some antibiotics yesterday, but nooooooo.... :rotfl:

Seriously though, I hope you feel better soon! :goodvibes

And here's some major PD for Julia :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: because I can't imagine a UTI at four. Poor baby!

Since Kevin and I are both children of divorce (which means, we both have big, extended families) and he's a local politician and active church-goer, we send out over 200 Christmas cards each year. :earseek: Only 42 left to go!!! :Pinkbounc

And then, there's still about 25 presents left to wrap. It's only December 21st, right? :teeth:

Amy :)

We don't send a lot of cards as my family lives nearby and we get together. I finally got my photos printed today so I guess I'll have to make out my cards tomorrow. :blush: . I do however have my shopping and wrapping finished. Now I just need to get my house back together. I feel pretty in control this year. :banana: :banana:

Deb

my3princes
12-21-2005, 11:08 PM
I know this is a day old... reading on. How is he today? Is the runs from medication he is on? How is the cheek? :grouphug: to you guys

Colby is much better today. He is acting normal. Keeping him in a diaper as he is still having the runs, but much better. He wants to go out and play, but I'm keeping him in until after his stitches come out on friday. He doesn't understand why his big brothers can go out and he can't. Only a couple more days.

Deb

Steffy
12-21-2005, 11:20 PM
I might be able to give you a unique perspective, as I was there at basically all these times this year! :rotfl:

Late August - I've done it a few times, including this year (8/24-8/28), and the heat/humidity can be so miserable (and I'm a native of Houston - so I know my heat and humidity!). It saps your energy, you have no appetite, etc. The crowds are not as bad as earlier in the summer, but I just forgot how hot it can be. You begin sweating the minute you get outside, and that is just so uncomfortable to me.

Early October - Much better than late August, plus you have the MNSSHP. We were there this year from 10/1-10/4, and did the 2nd party (Sunday night). The crowds were pretty light. It was still warm outside (and humid/rainy on a couple of occasions), but not near as oppressive as August.

December - This was my first trip to take at this time of year, and hands down, it would now be my first pick of times to go. Was there this year from 11/28-12/4. Crowds were very light (except on our last Saturday at the MK, but they were filming the parade), weather was gorgeous (a bit cool in some instances, but I'd rather be cool than hot!), and the holiday ambiance and all the special events just can't be beat. My parents were also with me, and my dad made the comment that this is the time to go, and they wished they'd known about it earlier. They don't ever want to go back in the summer ever again!

Hope this helps! Just my 2 cents, but like Kate said, if your kids are doing well in school, you do as much preparation before/during your trip, I'd pick December, hands down!!

I have but one word to add to this. :goodvibes :goodvibes

Ditto......

my3princes
12-21-2005, 11:23 PM

Melanie Great to hear from you again. Stop in as often as you can. Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Deb

Steffy
12-21-2005, 11:27 PM
Tomorrow is the last day at work for the year. I have a ton of work to do and really need to be sharp. :love:

But I had to stop and take a picture of my tree to upload.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d129/StephaMickey/100_3085.jpg

It's not the best picture, as it really doesn't show the love that I feel every time I look at it. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :love: :love:

You all mean the world to me. Really you do.

I've got to get to sleep. :p :grouphug:

disneyeveryyear
12-21-2005, 11:32 PM
if you have children who excel at school this is a no-brainer - they will be able to catch up and the experience at Disney - particularly a well planned day at Epcot can be more educational than a week at school

if they struggle in school - you might worry about this a little more

my DH and I have made the decision that as long as our kids are good students - we will never hesitate to take them out

in my opinion - there was never a week of school that meant more to me than a vacation with my parents,grandparents etc.

I agree about taking them out of school (at least through elementary school). DS11 is now in middle school and we took him out for 5 days this year. (Which we have done every year.) Due to the fact that he is a worry-wort, we suffered when we returned. It was just too stressful on him to get caught up with tests, etc. Thus, DH said no more extended time off school.

Next year we are going the 2nd week of August. We know it will be hot, but we will go to parks early a.m., back to BWV for swim/nap in afternoon and back out at night.

We'll see how it works. It's hard because it uses more of our DVC points, but I guess that is just a reason to add on. :cheer2:

my3princes
12-21-2005, 11:41 PM
Tomorrow is the last day at work for the year. I have a ton of work to do and really need to be sharp. :love:

It's not the best picture, as it really doesn't show the love that I feel every time I look at it. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :love: :love:

Your tree looks beautiful. What a nice variety of ornaments.

Deb

my3princes
12-21-2005, 11:43 PM
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/63925Brooks_Card.jpg

MidNite
12-21-2005, 11:54 PM

That seems to be going around in Alabama. My daughter had it last Friday and missed school for the first time this year. She's better now but has a nasty cough.

ETA: I have it now too. :headache:

Steamboat Marti
12-22-2005, 12:08 AM
Hey Midnite - did you ever buy the Tiffany bowl? And which one did you decide on??

WeLoveTheMouse
12-22-2005, 12:47 AM
Denise,

I'm wondering about next year, too. Between your trip report, the Travel Channel, and the Food Network, I'm dying to stay at the GF next December -- and I even have DH convinced that it's something we NEED to do as a family. Major hurdle conquered right there. I'm dying to make my ressies now.

But...

DD will be in first grade next year and I'm nervous about taking her out of school and about skipping out of work during our year-end crunch time. Her school's winter break didn't start until 12/21 this year and I'm guessing it may be 12/22 next year. That should be OK for my work schedule, too, but isn't that too late for MVMCP? That's a must-do, dontcha think?

If only the school district would release next year's schedule sometime before June so we could know for sure...

Don't count on getting a schedule from Shelby county anytime soon. For this school year they changed it around about 4 times & the final release date was not long before school got out. We were trying to plan a fall break trip based on the proposed calendar & they changed it on us. We missed 3 days. You will get a nasty letter after the 3rd day & they can send you to early warning court. They are not doing this if you let them know it is for a family trip. The teachers are usually understanding & encouraging but our principal will not excuse anything. We had a family trip to DC last year & that was not excusable. It makes me mad! They are my children & a family trip is more important than missing a few days in elem school when they have good grades. Sorry for the rant!

rosiejo
12-22-2005, 06:22 AM
Ok guys - the little mermaid on dvd - anyone know when it was released/will be released? I bought a copy on ebay and it looks very much like a pirate - the colour of the cover is way too bright. I'm extremely annoyed and will complain to the seller - but just wondered when I'd be likely to get my hands on the real thing.

Blueeyes101817
12-22-2005, 08:09 AM
Out of August, October and december..I would pick either Oct or dec...I did 2 trips this year in that time period---I went sept 29-oct 3 and Nov 29-Dec 3..
I had a great time both of these trips and did both MNSSHP and MVMCP.
I got out of school most years, up until i graduated high school for vacations..come to think of it, there were times in college that i missed a week to go on vacations...im sure it depeneds on your kids though. Either way, im sure you will have a great time!

my3princes
12-22-2005, 08:43 AM
Wow, only one page since last night. Everyone must be extremely busy. Hope all are feeling well today. Must start my Christmas cards now. Check back later.

Deb

tink2020
12-22-2005, 08:55 AM

It's beautiful! :goodvibes

tink2020
12-22-2005, 08:56 AM

:goodvibes :grouphug: How sweet! Happy Holidays to your family, too!

tink2020
12-22-2005, 09:03 AM
Ok guys - the little mermaid on dvd - anyone know when it was released/will be released? I bought a copy on ebay and it looks very much like a pirate - the colour of the cover is way too bright. I'm extremely annoyed and will complain to the seller - but just wondered when I'd be likely to get my hands on the real thing.

It's rumored to come out October 2006 (as a "Special Edition", like the recent releases (Snow White, Aladdin, Cinderella, etc) with boatloads of special features). It's not out yet though .....

mommykds
12-22-2005, 09:38 AM

Lovely!!!

mommykds
12-22-2005, 09:40 AM

Thank you...hope you & your family have a wonderful Christmas.

mommykds
12-22-2005, 09:49 AM
O.k., I think I have 1 vote for August, 2 votes for Oct, & 2 for Dec?

I am very much leaning towards October. We just had so much fun this past Oct. Our school does not allow for family vacations. They mark it as an unexcused absence & if there are any tests that week the child is given a zero figured into their average. To avoid this penalty to my kids (hey it was me who decided when to go, not my kids) I called in sick for them each day. Well guess what? I met 5 families from my town there that week (it was the jewish new year week) doing the same thing. I had to tell my kids not to tell anyone at school...that stunk, I was sick over telling my kids to lie. I felt like a bad mommy...but my kids are both honor students & had no trouble catching up this past fall. If they were struggling I would have made it another time.

Just to give you some backround, in 2002 I had written a letter (I didn't know any better) telling the school my oldest (at the time she was in 2nd grade) would be out for 4 days to go to Disney..thought I was doing the right thing by letting them know. Well the principal called my house & was quite snippy with me..said I couldn't do that & my dd would be penalized..I was shocked at her unprofessionalism on the phone (long story but I digress) anyway I didn't want to be "yelled at" by the principal this year so thats why we kept everything a secret.

Well that's the story.

ksoehrlein
12-22-2005, 10:12 AM
Don't count on getting a schedule from Shelby county anytime soon. For this school year they changed it around about 4 times & the final release date was not long before school got out. We were trying to plan a fall break trip based on the proposed calendar & they changed it on us. We missed 3 days. You will get a nasty letter after the 3rd day & they can send you to early warning court. They are not doing this if you let them know it is for a family trip. The teachers are usually understanding & encouraging but our principal will not excuse anything. We had a family trip to DC last year & that was not excusable. It makes me mad! They are my children & a family trip is more important than missing a few days in elem school when they have good grades. Sorry for the rant!
Thanks, WeLoveTheMouse! Last year, I kept checking the web site and didn't see it posted there until shortly before the school year started. I was dying to plan our Spring Break trip and was so frustrated not knowing the dates.

Yeah, they seem to have Zero Tolerance at the elementary school. DD didn't quite "get" that when the bell rang, she needed to leave breakfast and go to her classroom. Why the adults monitoring breakfast didn't say anything to her at the time is beyond me. Guess who already has 4 lates under her belt (out of a total of 7 allowable)? It kills me that she was already in the building for 3 of those (1 time, I overslept, so it is a legitimate late). I'm expecting a trip to early warning court by year end. :rolleyes:

my3princes
12-22-2005, 10:26 AM
O.k., I think I have 1 vote for August, 2 votes for Oct, & 2 for Dec?

I am very much leaning towards October. We just had so much fun this past Oct. Our school does not allow for family vacations. They mark it as an unexcused absence & if there are any tests that week the child is given a zero figured into their average. To avoid this penalty to my kids (hey it was me who decided when to go, not my kids) I called in sick for them each day. Well guess what? I met 5 families from my town there that week (it was the jewish new year week) doing the same thing. I had to tell my kids not to tell anyone at school...that stunk, I was sick over telling my kids to lie. I felt like a bad mommy...but my kids are both honor students & had no trouble catching up this past fall. If they were struggling I would have made it another time.

Just to give you some backround, in 2002 I had written a letter (I didn't know any better) telling the school my oldest (at the time she was in 2nd grade) would be out for 4 days to go to Disney..thought I was doing the right thing by letting them know. Well the principal called my house & was quite snippy with me..said I couldn't do that & my dd would be penalized..I was shocked at her unprofessionalism on the phone (long story but I digress) anyway I didn't want to be "yelled at" by the principal this year so thats why we kept everything a secret.

Well that's the story.

School districts are really making family vacations impossible now. It all has to do with attendance/funding ratio. The school loses money when kids aren't there. Our school is not bad, but next year my kids will be in 5th and 3rd grades. They are both excellent students, but I would go during a vacation. We have been in April, July, August, October and Novemeber. November was definately the least crowded. August and October had about equal crowd levels and August was much hotter. For my family the heat wasn't a huge issue as we planned around the hottest parts of the day. MNSSHP was great, but it wasn't something that we Need to do every year. You will find advantages to any month depending on who you talk to. I know that my kids would not be able to keep a vacation secret and I wouldn't ask them to lie. Go with the middle to end of August and don't worry about outside influences. Just my Opinion.

Deb

tink2020
12-22-2005, 11:18 AM
Whoa! :earseek: All this school drama...... what do I have to look forward to when I have kids old enough?! Sheesh.... sorry you all are having to deal with that. A lot of it does seem a bit extreme!

I can't quite fathom measures like that. I didn't go to public school, but I missed SOOOOOOO many days. My family, too, felt that as long as I continued to do well they didn't mind missing for vacation, etc. Man, even if Kings Island was not crowded and my family was going together, my mom called and said just that. I think I missed a record number of days my senior year, and only about half of them was I sick! :rotfl: People missed for crazier, less "important" things than that, too..... :confused3

julia & nicks mom
12-22-2005, 11:27 AM
Jennifer - I just read your trip report -

sounds like you were an having an awesome time!! DH and I actually liked to go to MK on the days of Mnsshp b/c people not going to the party seemed to avoid it and most people only went at night or took a break in the afternoon -

from 3:00-6:00 one day of a MNSSHP - we rode Buzz, the speedway, pooh's playground, pooh, Aladdin's carpets, swiss family treehouse, the jungle cruise, tiki birds, small world, peter pan, carousel & philharmagic!!!! :earseek:

I used to work the witches cauldron at KI when I was in high school - were you the type of family that we used to start spinning and when the ride was over I had to "catch" your cauldron?

ReAnSt
12-22-2005, 11:30 AM
The Little Mermaid was released on DVD back on December 7, 1999. The cover is pretty brightly colored. Here is a link (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00001QEE7/qid=1135268963/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-8139100-7354338?s=dvd&v=glance&n=130) to a picture of it on Amazon.com.

Becky

tink2020
12-22-2005, 11:55 AM
I used to work the witches cauldron at KI when I was in high school - were you the type of family that we used to start spinning and when the ride was over I had to "catch" your cauldron?

Oh yeah. Usually they'd let us spin for a minute or so and then try to catch us..... my dad rocked :rotfl: Sorry if you ever had to do it :blush: :rotfl2:

tink2020
12-22-2005, 11:57 AM
The Little Mermaid was released on DVD back on December 7, 1999. The cover is pretty brightly colored. Here is a link (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00001QEE7/qid=1135268963/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-8139100-7354338?s=dvd&v=glance&n=130) to a picture of it on Amazon.com.

Becky

You're right! Sorry Clare.... my info before I guess was just on the "special edition" one :) Thanks for finding the right info, Becky! :goodvibes

ETA: Then why don't I own that one?! Time to give DH a call... :rolleyes:

mommykds
12-22-2005, 12:48 PM
School districts are really making family vacations impossible now. It all has to do with attendance/funding ratio. The school loses money when kids aren't there. Our school is not bad, but next year my kids will be in 5th and 3rd grades. They are both excellent students, but I would go during a vacation. We have been in April, July, August, October and Novemeber. November was definately the least crowded. August and October had about equal crowd levels and August was much hotter. For my family the heat wasn't a huge issue as we planned around the hottest parts of the day. MNSSHP was great, but it wasn't something that we Need to do every year. You will find advantages to any month depending on who you talk to. I know that my kids would not be able to keep a vacation secret and I wouldn't ask them to lie. Go with the middle to end of August and don't worry about outside influences. Just my Opinion.

Deb

Thanks for the input Deb!!!! :)

dumby
12-22-2005, 01:35 PM
That seems to be going around in Alabama. My daughter had it last Friday and missed school for the first time this year. She's better now but has a nasty cough.

ETA: I have it now too. :headache:

Mine is no worse but it is no better either. Yuck. Sure hope you all get to feeling better soon. My little one woke up and was losing his voice this morning.

rosiejo
12-22-2005, 02:02 PM
It's rumored to come out October 2006 (as a "Special Edition", like the recent releases (Snow White, Aladdin, Cinderella, etc) with boatloads of special features). It's not out yet though .....

I had a feeling it was due soon - I'm gonna report this guy to ebay and then wait for the real one.

rosiejo
12-22-2005, 02:30 PM

Becky

Ok here is the amazon picture: http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00001QEE7.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

And here is a picture of my copy http://img448.imageshack.us/img448/8927/small5eg.th.gif (http://img448.imageshack.us/my.php?image=small5eg.gif)

The reds just look like they've gone through a dodgy printer. I've reported it to ebay so I'll wait for the real one to be released.

ksoehrlein
12-22-2005, 03:00 PM
Mine is no worse but it is no better either. Yuck. Sure hope you all get to feeling better soon. My little one woke up and was losing his voice this morning.
Sorry to hear about all the sickness in Alabama today. My DD woke up complaining of a sore throat and felt a little feverish. She just laid around on the couch all morning, which NEVER happens in our house; usually both kids are running around like crazed monkeys. I kept her home today in hopes she'll be better by Saturday if we limit her exposure to other kids.

marcij
12-22-2005, 03:01 PM
Hi everyone! We just got back from our trip last night. We had a fantastic time! It was way too short, though. We are used to going for 8 nights or more, so trying to fit everything in that we wanted to do in 4 1/2 days was exhausting, but fun! I'll post the link to photopass later, and we have lots of great pictures -- but I'll have to figure out how to use the photobucket account I signed up for in October and haven't used!

Many thanks to Kate and Denise for their help with our t-shirts. We used Kate's villains with the kids names spelled out, and Denise's palm tree with personalized ornaments. We got lots of compliments when people saw them, but it was so chilly at times that we had to cover them up... RATS!

julia & nicks mom
12-22-2005, 03:03 PM
Hi everyone! We just got back from our trip last night. We had a fantastic time! It was way too short, though. We are used to going for 8 nights or more, so trying to fit everything in that we wanted to do in 4 1/2 days was exhausting, but fun! I'll post the link to photopass later, and we have lots of great pictures -- but I'll have to figure out how to use the photobucket account I signed up for in October and haven't used!

Many thanks to Kate and Denise for their help with our t-shirts. We used Kate's villains with the kids names spelled out, and Denise's palm tree with personalized ornaments. We got lots of compliments when people saw them, but it was so chilly at times that we had to cover them up... RATS!
Welcome Home!! Glad you had a great time!!

marcij
12-22-2005, 03:04 PM
Here's hoping everyone feels better SOON! My youngest son's class had a bout with the stomach flu -- the last day of school two were out with it. I think Jake was the only one that didn't catch it. I was sure he would get it since we were leaving for WDW the next day..... thankfully, that didn't happen.

PD and best wishes to all who are sick!

mommykds
12-22-2005, 03:07 PM
Marci,
Welcome back! Looking forward to hearing about your trip!

marcij
12-22-2005, 03:13 PM
Denise -- I was really sad to be leaving WDW yesterday, but the crowds had really grown to such a high level that it made it a little easier to leave. We have been going to WDW the past few years over summer break because the kids love having perfect attendence. So between summer school and sports, we usually end up going at the end of July/first of August. It is really crowded then, and extremely HOT and HUMID! We just took our first Christmas trip and it was fantastic. We had to cut it short because we couldn't leave until after school was out (Dec. 16, so we went to the airport from their end of day Christmas party) and came back last night so we could catch up with work for one day (although you see where my priorities are....) so that we can leave for Austin tomorrow for my DH's family Christmas. We used TGMike, and found the crowd's no more unbearable than at the peak of the summer, and in some cases the crowd's were lighter. Besides the wonderful decorations/music, we loved touring when it's not so hot! By yesterday (Dec. 21st) the crowds were really growing. We toured MK because we only had part of the day and were staying at the GF. We waited in line for popcorn/drinks, longer than we did for some of the rides. If you want more information, let me know. Maybe other people on this board still on their trips had different experiences, but everyone I talked to yesterday agreed that it was beginning to get a little too crowded....

Pooh67_68
12-22-2005, 03:28 PM
Steffy, cute tree.

Deb, nice poem, Merry Christmas to you.

Marcij, welcome home.

ksoehrlein
12-22-2005, 08:11 PM
OMG, 4.5 hours without a post. It's a new record!

Blueeyes101817
12-22-2005, 08:15 PM
im glad someone is b ack...i thought something was going on with my computer :)

Pooh67_68
12-22-2005, 09:17 PM
I think its because its 3 days berore Christmas.

dumby
12-22-2005, 09:39 PM
Okay Denise I need some advise. What did the doctor say when you little one swollowed the penny?

My 5-year-old loves to play with my pennies I keep in a jar. He has never put them in his mouth (that I know of). Any way he said he put several in his mouth and one just went right down his throat all the way to his tummy. What is it about 5 year olds and pennies? I have not called the doctor yet thought I would check with our expert on here first. DENISE where are you? :rotfl:

Blueeyes101817
12-22-2005, 09:46 PM
i am no help with pennies--i would call sincei have no clue--good luck!

Glynis
12-22-2005, 09:55 PM
My DS swallowed a penny when he was 3. We called poison control and asked them about it. They said to just wait and it should pass in 3 days. Well, 3 days later, almost to the exact hour, it passed. DS was fine, and the penny had changed color to an interesting shade of green.

For your own peace of mind, I'd call poison control and see what they say.

my3princes
12-22-2005, 11:05 PM
marcij welcome back. Glad you had a nice trip.

Dumby good luck with the poop patrol.

I just got home from gift certificate pergatory. I was amazed by how many gift certificates we sold tonight. I bet we at least doubled our revenue for the day. The restaurant was busy too. Lots of people too tired from shopping or cooking to make dinner. I'm sure tomorrow night will be worse, but I'm only going in for a couple of hours.

I have to bring Colby in to have his stitches removed tomorrow. I am so dreading it as I know he is not going to be happy about it. Trying to get dh to go with us as I need the moral support. Also need to get my house in ship shape tomorrow.

Deb

julia & nicks mom
12-22-2005, 11:33 PM
Hello all

Well - I am about to go into my Christmas marathon and not sure when I will have time to get back on - although I might need to for my own sanity

I have begged DH to just give up Christmas and next year head off to some remote island - his response - "Just be glad we have family and friends who want to spend the holidays with us - I spent a lot of my life without that and we are very lucky" BLAH BLAH BLAH - did I mention he lived in an orphanage until he was 8?

so I guess I am stuck with the cold weather, doing everything and watching everyone take 2 seconds to open the presents I spent hours shopping for and wrapping!! Why do I work so hard for one stinking day?

okay - hopefully my bah humbug mood will be gone by tomorrow! This is the first time in my life I really have not been in the Christmas spirit - I am worn out and just not in the mood!

off to do my last minute wrapping!!

my3princes
12-22-2005, 11:39 PM
Hello all

Well - I am about to go into my Christmas marathon and not sure when I will have time to get back on - although I might need to for my own sanity

I have begged DH to just give up Christmas and next year head off to some remote island - his response - "Just be glad we have family and friends who want to spend the holidays with us - I spent a lot of my life without that and we are very lucky" BLAH BLAH BLAH - did I mention he lived in an orphanage until he was 8?

so I guess I am stuck with the cold weather, doing everything and watching everyone take 2 seconds to open the presents I spent hours shopping for and wrapping!! Why do I work so hard for one stinking day?

okay - hopefully my bah humbug mood will be gone by tomorrow! This is the first time in my life I really have not been in the Christmas spirit - I am worn out and just not in the mood!

I hope that things turn around for you. All it takes for me is one look in my children's eyes and it is all worth it. Julia and Nick are at great ages. They still see the magic of Christmas. Enjoy your kids and take time to appreciate all that you have.

Deb

julia & nicks mom
12-22-2005, 11:39 PM
OH - but I did want to wish all of you

http://www.jjielectronics.com/Themes/holiday_theme1/merry-christmas.jpg
or

http://www.stamplibrary.org/kids/december/HANUKKAH.gif
which Julia told me we can't celebrate b/c we don't have anything to hold the candles in!! :rotfl:

or

HAPPY WHATEVER!! :goodvibes

For a bunch of people I have never met you sure have been great friends and given me a bit of sanity and a place I know will always cheer me up!!

I hope despite the colds, flu or whatever you all might have that you have a wonderful holiday and safe travels and that 2006 brings you joy!!!

Kate

my3princes
12-22-2005, 11:41 PM
OH - but I did want to wish all of you

http://www.jjielectronics.com/Themes/holiday_theme1/merry-christmas.jpg
or

http://www.stamplibrary.org/kids/december/HANUKKAH.gif
which Julia told me we can't celebrate b/c we don't have anything to hold the candles in!! :rotfl:

or

HAPPY WHATEVER!! :goodvibes

For a bunch of people I have never met you sure have been great friends and given me a bit of sanity and a place I know will always cheer me up!!

I hope despite the colds, flu or whatever you all might have that you have a wonderful holiday and safe travels and that 2006 brings you joy!!!

Kate

Thank you Kate. I was beginning to wonder if you'd make a new design for your Holiday wishes and you didn't disappoint. Merry Christmas. Give the kids a hug for me.

Deb

julia & nicks mom
12-22-2005, 11:49 PM
Thank you Kate. I was beginning to wonder if you'd make a new design for your Holiday wishes and you didn't disappoint. Merry Christmas. Give the kids a hug for me.

Deb
I can't take credit for those designs :blush:

I hope things go well for colby tomorrow!! have a great holiday!!

babytrees
12-23-2005, 12:03 AM
Hello all

I had my bah humbug Christmas last year and believe me everyone is much happier this year that I am only a small grinch :teeth:

Christmas is my favorite time of the year....but it's also the busiest time at work(I did over 2000 bulletins this week for weekend services :earseek: plus the monthly newsletter....plus....ahhh never mind I feel the grinch coming back!!

Christmas day has always been kind of a let down for me....all the work and sweat put in for nanoseconds of present unwrapping...but then I remember to count my blessings and that usually brings it all back...and then remembering the true reason for the season!!

here's some pixie dust and prayers for you and others who may be feeling the same way(including myself) :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

babytrees
12-23-2005, 12:13 AM
Have a proud mom moment....my 13 yo decided she wanted to carol around the neighborhood so she had a Christmas party and we went to 7 houses and we sang carols. It used to be that people caroled all the time. Wonder why that tradition died?

Any way for those of us who couldn't hear us tonight...

from my house

We wish you a Merry Christmas
We Wish you a Merry Christmas

and a Happy New Year!!

and as the youngest kept saying tonight...Happy Chanukkah, Kwanzaa or whatever you celebrate!!

Theresa

tink2020
12-23-2005, 09:02 AM

WELCOME HOME! :goodvibes

tink2020
12-23-2005, 09:05 AM
Hello all

I'm so with you..... Christmas is my FAVORITE and I just sort of feel like skipping it this year... :confused3

tink2020
12-23-2005, 09:07 AM
Have a proud mom moment....my 13 yo decided she wanted to carol around the neighborhood so she had a Christmas party and we went to 7 houses and we sang carols. It used to be that people caroled all the time. Wonder why that tradition died?

Any way for those of us who couldn't hear us tonight...

from my house

We Wish you a Merry Christmas

and a Happy New Year!!

and as the youngest kept saying tonight...Happy Chanukkah, Kwanzaa or whatever you celebrate!!

Theresa

What fun! We used to carol as well. Several families in our neighborhood would get together, and like 25 of us would go out..... I miss that!

MinnieMouseMom
12-23-2005, 09:51 AM
I'm so with you..... Christmas is my FAVORITE and I just sort of feel like skipping it this year... :confused3

I couldn't agree more. *sigh* My youngest has bronchitis and I think I'm on my way there too. I just want to go back to bed.

Steffy
12-23-2005, 10:10 AM
This my favorite time of year. :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

And even though my favorite son-in-law accidentally tossed out all of our decorations, and my DGS is so sick that his dad is wrapping him up to take him to the doctor for a 10:15 appointment, and that I haven't baked one cookie thus far, and my son has stated that he won't come up on Christmas if I'm cooking :rolleyes1, and I haven't wrapped all of my gifts yet, and that although I am a computer guru I can't seem to download correctly to this ^%$&%&^& MP3 player :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 I am just so blessed!!! :love: :love:

I have friends here whom I have never met face-to-face who sent me ornaments for my tree, the doctor is going to give my DGS something to make him better, I'll bake cookies today, my favorite son-in-law has agreed to cook Christmas dinner so my son and his wife will come up, I'll wrap my presents tonight and my son will get this ^%$&%&^& MP3 player working when he comes up. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS

HAPPY HANUKKAH

Peace love and joy to all and to your families!!

tinker1bell
12-23-2005, 10:17 AM
What fun! We used to carol as well. Several families in our neighborhood would get together, and like 25 of us would go out..... I miss that!

I can remember when all the kids in our neighborhood were young, a few families went around caroling. Well, when they got to our house and started to sing, my DH got his Euphonium out and was playing along. Ended up sounding really nice.

dumby
12-23-2005, 10:44 AM

And even though my favorite son-in-law accidentally tossed out all of our decorations, and my DGS is so sick that his dad is wrapping him up to take him to the doctor for a 10:15 appointment, and that I haven't baked one cookie thus far, and my son has stated that he won't come up on Christmas if I'm cooking :rolleyes1, and I haven't wrapped all of my gifts yet, and that although I am a computer guru I can't seem to download correctly to this ^%$&%&^& MP3 player :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 I am just so blessed!!! :love: :love:

I have friends here whom I have never met face-to-face who sent me ornaments for my tree, the doctor is going to give my DGS something to make him better, I'll bake cookies today, my favorite son-in-law has agreed to cook Christmas dinner so my son and his wife will come up, I'll wrap my presents tonight and my son will get this ^%$&%&^& MP3 player working when he comes up. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

HAPPY HANUKKAH

I love your attitude. You are inspiration to all of us to get off our duffs and count our blessings.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

MinnieMouseMom
12-23-2005, 10:50 AM
I love your attitude. You are inspiration to all of us to get off our duffs and count our blessings.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Ditto!! :goodvibes

my3princes
12-23-2005, 11:01 AM

HAPPY HANUKKAH

I got all teary eyed reading this. I am so glad that everything turned around for you. Have a very Merry Christmas.

Deb

babytrees
12-23-2005, 11:01 AM
I can remember when all the kids in our neighborhood were young, a few families went around caroling. Well, when they got to our house and started to sing, my DH got his Euphonium out and was playing along. Ended up sounding really nice.

That could have been nice....the two girls playing their instruments(flute & baritone)....but then I wouldn't have gotten to hear their lovely voices....I just really wonder why there isn't more caroling....certainly put me in the Christmas mood.(other than oldest breaking two of my new handpainted ornaments :earseek:) I would love to help bring this tradition back. The girls are already planning next year.

my3princes
12-23-2005, 11:06 AM
I seem to have caught a nasty cold, but I'm not letting it slow me down. I have cleaned 4 bedrooms and a bathroom this morning and have most of the laundry done. I'm not stressing which is very unusual for me. Going out to dinner tonight so one less thing to do. Somehow I managed to get things done this year without too much anxiety. Hopefully we will have a great Christmas. My kids can't wait and I think their enthusiasm is motivating me. Good luck to the rest of you. I'm going to finish some more stuff! Hopefully I'll get most done today and have a stress free day tomorrow. Well, with 60+ people coming to my house it may not be stress free, but I'm not going to worry about it now.

Deb

dumby
12-23-2005, 11:23 AM
Has Colby got his stitches out yet? How did he do?

bengalbelle
12-23-2005, 11:53 AM
I seem to have caught a nasty cold, but I'm not letting it slow me down. I have cleaned 4 bedrooms and a bathroom this morning and have most of the laundry done. I'm not stressing which is very unusual for me. Going out to dinner tonight so one less thing to do. Somehow I managed to get things done this year without too much anxiety. Hopefully we will have a great Christmas. My kids can't wait and I think their enthusiasm is motivating me. Good luck to the rest of you. I'm going to finish some more stuff! Hopefully I'll get most done today and have a stress free day tomorrow. Well, with 60+ people coming to my house it may not be stress free, but I'm not going to worry about it now.

Deb
Feel better soon, Deb!

bengalbelle
12-23-2005, 11:59 AM

HAPPY HANUKKAH

:goodvibes
Merry Christmas to you too!

dumby
12-23-2005, 12:37 PM
I just talked to the pediatrician and I have to take Jessie in to be x-rayed. They just want to make sure where the penny is at and that it will not cause any problems over Christmas. Hopefully they can tell if he will be able to pass it okay. I checked his BM this morning and that was not fun.

mommykds
12-23-2005, 12:45 PM
;) I won't be able to be able to get on the pc after today so I just wanted to wish all of my DDA friends

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season & Happy New Year & that everyone who is sick (including me & my kids) feel better so they can enjoy Christmas, Hanukkah, or other holiday celebrations.

All our presents are wrapped but I still have to bake cookies, cupcakes, & pie for Christmas day. We will be at my MIL's. Thats a whole story in itself. She wants us there super early but I said no this year since the kids don't have time to open & enjoy their gifts..Also I don't get to see the end of the Disneyworld parade! ;) She is the kind of person where everything has to revolve around her. Well sorry, it's going to revolve around my kids this year. Unfortunately she really doesn't care about my kids . She just wants control.(Never did about my DH either) I have already asked my DH if we can go to WDW for Christmas next year!

My blessing are my 3 children & I thank God for them. I would just love to spend the entire day with just them.They are little for such a short time & every year we rush them through their gifts, drag them out of the house in the car for 2 hours to go somewhere filled with negativity & I am just tired & worn out from it. Whether we go to WDW next year or not we are staying home..alone! :sunny:

I cannot wait to see the look on my kids faces when they open their gifts from Santa! They are very excited & that puts me in the Christmas mood. My kids were drawing pictures for Santa last night (to leave by his cookies & milk) & my oldest dd wrote a note in part saying "I will really take anything this year Santa, thank you for being so kind to us kids" :blush: I wanted to cry...

God Bless & enjoy!!!
Anne Marie

MidNite
12-23-2005, 12:49 PM
Hey Midnite - did you ever buy the Tiffany bowl? And which one did you decide on??
I bought the square ones. :)

I hope they got them! On the Tiffany site it says "completed" but it doesn't give me a tracking number or anything. And no one has mentioned receiving them, so I'm a little worried...

disneyeveryyear
12-23-2005, 01:07 PM
;) I won't be able to be able to get on the pc after today so I just wanted to wish all of my DDA friends

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season & Happy New Year & that everyone who is sick (including me & my kids) feel better so they can enjoy Christmas, Hanukkah, or other holiday celebrations.

All our presents are wrapped but I still have to bake cookies, cupcakes, & pie for Christmas day. We will be at my MIL's. Thats a whole story in itself. She wants us there super early but I said no this year since the kids don't have time to open & enjoy their gifts..Also I don't get to see the end of the Disneyworld parade! ;) She is the kind of person where everything has to revolve around her. Well sorry, it's going to revolve around my kids this year. Unfortunately she really doesn't care about my kids . She just wants control.(Never did about my DH either) I have already asked my DH if we can go to WDW for Christmas next year!

My blessing are my 3 children & I thank God for them. I would just love to spend the entire day with just them.They are little for such a short time & every year we rush them through their gifts, drag them out of the house in the car for 2 hours to go somewhere filled with negativity & I am just tired & worn out from it. Whether we go to WDW next year or not we are staying home..alone! :sunny:

I cannot wait to see the look on my kids faces when they open their gifts from Santa! They are very excited & that puts me in the Christmas mood. My kids were drawing pictures for Santa last night (to leave by his cookies & milk) & my oldest dd wrote a note in part saying "I will really take anything this year Santa, thank you for being so kind to us kids" :blush: I wanted to cry...

God Bless & enjoy!!!
Anne Marie

You go girl! Christmas should be about you and your family. Your MIL can just control someone else.

Merry Christmas everyone! I am also not quite ready for the season, and have to work this afternoon. DH called right before I left and asked me to work at the Club tonight, so all of my great plans for cleaning are shot. Hopefully I can wrap the kids gifts when I get home. They and the babysitter wrapped everything else yesterday.

Took DS11 to the ENT allergist yesterday for skin testing :earseek: . That was a drama in itself. Big news is he is extremely allergic to dust mites and cat hair. Allergy shots (once a week) start next Thursday.

If I don't "see" you before then, have a wonderful holiday. Lots of PD for those who are sick, whose kids are sick, who are thinking about getting sick, etc. Get well soon.

tinker1bell
12-23-2005, 01:20 PM
You go girl! Christmas should be about you and your family. Your MIL can just control someone else.

Merry Christmas everyone! I am also not quite ready for the season, and have to work this afternoon. DH called right before I left and asked me to work at the Club tonight, so all of my great plans for cleaning are shot. Hopefully I can wrap the kids gifts when I get home. They and the babysitter wrapped everything else yesterday.

Took DS11 to the ENT allergist yesterday for skin testing :earseek: . That was a drama in itself. Big news is he is extremely allergic to dust mites and cat hair. Allergy shots (once a week) start next Thursday.

If I don't "see" you before then, have a wonderful holiday. Lots of PD for those who are sick, whose kids are sick, who are thinking about getting sick, etc. Get well soon.

I can so relate having gone thru myself, DH and oldest DS. Not fun at all :grouphug: to your son. Tell him to keep a positive attitude. DH did the shots and now the only time his hay fever kicks up is on Memorial Day!!! No more bloody noses, eyes crusted shut and constant use of handkerchiefs. :cool1:

MidNite
12-23-2005, 01:56 PM
My tree. Forgive the dark picture, I was using the "toy" digital camera my daughter got for Christmas.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/themidnite/Christmas-2005-008-copy.jpg

legalslave
12-23-2005, 02:08 PM

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!

God Bless & enjoy!!!
Anne Marie

When my kids were little, we all went to my parents' and got together with my brother and his kids, and to my husband's family on Christmas Eve. Then we stayed home on Christmas and my parents came to my house for Christmas dinner (husband's mother was deceased and his father lived with us until he died when my oldest was 4 and youngest wasn't born yet). That way the kids could enjoy their grandparents and their toys. My mother was happy she didn't have to cook, my brother and sister-in-law got to stay with their kids, and everyone was happy!

bengalbelle
12-23-2005, 02:09 PM
My tree. Forgive the dark picture, I was using the "toy" digital camera my daughter got for Christmas.
It looks great! I love your North Pole thingamajiggy. I've looked for one of those for a while and can't find one :(.

MidNite
12-23-2005, 02:10 PM
It looks great! I love your North Pole thingamajiggy. I've looked for one of those for a while and can't find one :(.
I got it at KMart last year. This is our first year to use it, however.

bengalbelle
12-23-2005, 02:11 PM

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!

God Bless & enjoy!!!
Anne Marie
I totally understand about wanting to stay home and enjoy your children on Christmas Day. I hope things turn out great for Christmas day.

bengalbelle
12-23-2005, 02:12 PM
I just talked to the pediatrician and I have to take Jessie in to be x-rayed. They just want to make sure where the penny is at and that it will not cause any problems over Christmas. Hopefully they can tell if he will be able to pass it okay. I checked his BM this morning and that was not fun.
Good luck!

KMH1
12-23-2005, 02:22 PM
Can someone please tell Alyssa she HAS to take a nap today (and every day for that matter :rotfl: )

Glynis
12-23-2005, 02:26 PM
Ok, evryone, I jut wanted to add my sentiments for a Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Merry Kwanzaa, or whatever other holiday you celebrate at this time of year. You should all feel very lucky! I haven't sent out any Christmas cards this year, so you are the only ones who I am sending Season's Greetings to.

Seriously, though, I will be forever grateful for finding this thread! Little did I know when I subscribed that I would not only get wonderful T-shirts for a family vacation (thanks again, Kate), but a new set of best friends. DH couldn't understand for a while, until he sat down and read a few pages of the thread. It didn't take him too long to figure out why I love checking things out here each day. You are truly the most wonderful bunch of ladies (and gentlemen, if Paul and Mac ever decide to join us again) that I have ever had the privilege of "meeting." Believe me, I am working as hard as I can to get DH to agree to let me come to the meet in DC in July. We'll see. It's funny, but when I'm having a bad day, I don't turn to my neighbors as I would have in the past, I turn to you and boy do you respond. You are amazing!

Well, that got a bit mushy, didn't it. Well, I don't care. I love you all!

May your days be merry and bright!

MinnieMouseMom
12-23-2005, 02:28 PM
Can someone please tell Alyssa she HAS to take a nap today (and every day for that matter :rotfl: )

Princess Alyssa, princess: this is Minnie Mouse (mom).

You must take a nap today and everyday. :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

disneyeveryyear
12-23-2005, 02:52 PM

Doesn't she know that Santa is watching double close now that we are this close to Christmas?

Amy - are you feeling better?

disneyeveryyear
12-23-2005, 02:55 PM
I can so relate having gone thru myself, DH and oldest DS. Not fun at all :grouphug: to your son. Tell him to keep a positive attitude. DH did the shots and now the only time his hay fever kicks up is on Memorial Day!!! No more bloody noses, eyes crusted shut and constant use of handkerchiefs. :cool1:

We are hoping for some relief.

The nurse who "did it to him" did the original 24 point scratch test, and then based on those did 24 sub-dermal shots. He was really brave, but the 4 or so were really getting to him.

The Dr. said he had enough results from them and not to do anymore.

I was really proud how brave he was. But, he was really excited to find out that he didn't have to any more done.

Steamboat Marti
12-23-2005, 03:19 PM
I bought the square ones. :)

I hope they got them! On the Tiffany site it says "completed" but it doesn't give me a tracking number or anything. And no one has mentioned receiving them, so I'm a little worried...

Of course I'll let you know when I receive mine!!!!! :teeth:

tinker1bell
12-23-2005, 03:27 PM

Amy,
Good Luck :rotfl:
my DD stopped at 15 months, she would be up so late that I finally stopped making her take a nap. So I suffered thru the day so she would sleep at night :confused3

triplefigs
12-23-2005, 03:39 PM
Okay Denise I need some advise. What did the doctor say when you little one swollowed the penny?

My 5-year-old loves to play with my pennies I keep in a jar. He has never put them in his mouth (that I know of). Any way he said he put several in his mouth and one just went right down his throat all the way to his tummy. What is it about 5 year olds and pennies? I have not called the doctor yet thought I would check with our expert on here first. DENISE where are you? :rotfl:

They told me to "check" the poop (go get a box of latex gloves from Eckerd, Walgreens, etc) and "explore". If it hasn't passed in 5 days, call the doctor. Or, if he suddenly has stomach pains, fever, vomiting, etc go ahead and call immediately. Good luck! I'm sympathizing with you. Oh, and I wore a doctor's mask as well to help with the loveley aroma...

triplefigs
12-23-2005, 03:45 PM
Just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah!

It's been nuts getting ready for all my family arriving in 3 hours! YIKES! Made about 20 dozen cookies, a pie, ham, turkey, yada, yada, yada...

Rees and Davis are sick now. I ended up in bed for 2 days with a fever of 102... Hopefully, we're all on the mend.

Won't be around much until next week. So Happy Holidays to all my FRIENDS on the DDA, and I mean FRIENDS! Y'all are just awesome. Thanks for making this year so much fun for me.

Oh, and AMY, the Disney Dollars are a huge hit, especially since they have Donald (Rees' favorite). You're a sweetie.

LOVE YOU ALL VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pooh67_68
12-23-2005, 04:05 PM
Happy/Merry Everything. :)

ksoehrlein
12-23-2005, 04:57 PM

Oh my goodness, Dumby! Baloo goes off on vacation, and all of a sudden someone else is on penny poop patrol? She's going to flip out!

Seriously, best of luck with your son. My 5yo DD was playing with money today, and I was terrified that she'd be the third DDA child to require a poop patrol. Guess 5-year-olds are all "money hungry"!

ksoehrlein
12-23-2005, 05:59 PM
OK, enough procrastinating. I'm off to finish the Christmas cards. We do a TON each year, and didn't get the photo cards back from the lab until Monday.

Merry Christmas and/or Happy Hanukkah to everyone!

dumby
12-23-2005, 06:08 PM
Well we are back from the doctor and the penny is in his stomach. The doctor said not to look for the penny,that where it was at it would pass. YEAH no poop patrol. Jessie was complaining last night of a tummy ache and the doctor said he seemed to be a bit constapated and gave him medicine for that so that should help move that penny rigth on through. Hopefully he has learned his lesson about putting things in his mouth.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and stays safe, well, and warm.

babytrees
12-23-2005, 06:22 PM
Well we are back from the doctor and the penny is in his stomach. The doctor said not to look for the penny,that where it was at it would pass. YEAH no poop patrol. Jessie was complaining last night of a tummy ache and the doctor said he seemed to be a bit constapated and gave him medicine for that so that should help move that penny rigth on through. Hopefully he has learned his lesson about putting things in his mouth.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and stays safe, well, and warm.

Yeah!!! No poop patrol for Christmas!!

MidNite
12-23-2005, 06:37 PM
Of course I'll let you know when I receive mine!!!!! :teeth: :rotfl:

Brendita
12-23-2005, 06:42 PM
HOS
Hi everyone.
I'm back on page 1285.
Hope everyone is on the mend.
No fun being sick for the holidays.
or anytime for that matter!

Brendita
12-23-2005, 07:13 PM
http://www.geocities.com/disneyclips5/clipchristmascandy.gif
Tomorrow is Christmas eve.
I still need to
wrap gifts
grocery shop
recyle
put up stockings
snacks for Santa & Reindeer
So if I'm not here.
You all have a Happy Holiday.

Pooh67_68
12-23-2005, 08:17 PM
Merry Christmas
I still need to
wrap gifts
grocery shop
recyle
put up stockings
So if I'm not here.

KMH1
12-23-2005, 09:33 PM
Thanks to everyone who "encouraged" Alyssa to take a nap. :goodvibes

She did finally go down around 2:15 p.m. and we actually had to wake her up at 5:15 p.m. to go to my in-laws for dinner. She has a runny nose and a cough from the nasal drainage, and my fingers are crossed her symptoms don't get worse. She's watching JoJo right now...bedtime soon.

As for myself, I hope I'm on the upswing. The doctor said this viral thing could last for two weeks or so and it's been a week and a day now. I'm not sneezing and blowing my nose nearly as much, but my ears are popping like crazy when I do blow my nose(and driving me crazy! :rotfl: ).

Denise, I'm glad the Disney dollars were a hit!

Steffy, I swear I haven't forgotten you! Your ornaments are sitting here...I just haven't gotten my butt to the post office. You'll keep your tree up through New Year's, right?!! :teeth:

Other than that, we're all caught up...cards are out, presents are wrapped, etc. Well, Kevin did mention he had an "errand" to take care of tomorrow morning, but I know I'm done! :rotfl:

Hope everyone had a great weekend. We'll be local, so I'll be checking on the best thread in the whole world, but I know many of you are busy, busy, so HAPPY EVERYTHING! :flower:

tinker1bell
12-23-2005, 10:19 PM
Last night I was on a mission. Had to find slipper socks for DD and DDIL. Also had to get the yearly calendar gift for everyone. I though that while I was out, I would use a $15 gift card I got from Gap's friends and family day. So off to Walmart. They have the best Disney slipper socks. I was so so tempted but I knew I could not give them. But, I had sent some to my sister :goodvibes Then I went to Gap. I am asking myself now, "What Was I Thinking"? I am not 14 years old, I am trying to fit into size 14 Gap jeans :rotfl2: They are just not made for someone 30 pounds overweight. So off to Target, still looking for those **$#@@ socks. I did manage to get a parking space right up front. :rotfl2: (That is a story in itself). Then went to the Mall :earseek: Found a parking spot ten spaces from the entrance.
Met Steffy and we had sushi and sashimi. Yum. Then finally I had to finish my search. At the one store that I go to a lot, I managed to find a cute pair for each of them, and a pair of earrings. Then the last gifts, two gift certificates. On the way home today I got two more gift certificates. Youngest son does not need tools and really does not want anything else, so certificates are all he is going to get. He is living here and not working a lot. I love him but keep waiting for him to move out. he is as stubborn as all the men in this family... Well just had to get that out

my3princes
12-23-2005, 10:24 PM
Has Colby got his stitches out yet? How did he do?

He got his stitches out at 4 PM. He did ok. The nurse had a hard time at first. The sissors that she had must have been dull and she pulled pretty hard at the first stitch. When she couldn't clip it she went and got a different set and they came out easily. Of course he was scared by her first attempt so he didn't want to hold still. It is really healing nicely.

Deb

my3princes
12-23-2005, 10:25 PM

Oh no. I'm so sorry. Hopefully it is in a good place and will pass quickly and noticably. What an unfortuate task.

Deb

my3princes
12-23-2005, 10:32 PM

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!

God Bless & enjoy!!!
Anne Marie

What a great story. The true meaning of Christmas. I understand the MIL thing. My MIL called at 10 PM tonight to see when we wanted to have her drop by. What the H*ll. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve and she wants to make plans now. We've had our plans set for weeks. Our kids are not welcomed at her home as they may touch or break something and we decided that if we can't go there then we don't need to include her here. She just wants to drop things off, but doesn't even know her grandkids or us for that matter. Why bother? My dh was very hurt when his sister and her teenage kids were invited to Thanksgiving and we were obviously excluded. Anyway, dh said he'd go over early tomorrow AM to pick up the gifts that she bought and bring her the gift that we bought for her. He's bringing Colby with him so I'm sure that it will be a very quick trip ;).

Have a very Merry Christmas and make the time for the kids. That is what is important.

Deb

my3princes
12-23-2005, 10:35 PM

Very Pretty. I love the North Pole.

Deb

my3princes
12-23-2005, 10:37 PM
Ok, evryone, I jut wanted to add my sentiments for a Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Merry Kwanzaa, or whatever other holiday you celebrate at this time of year. You should all feel very lucky! I haven't sent out any Christmas cards this year, so you are the only ones who I am sending Season's Greetings to.

Seriously, though, I will be forever grateful for finding this thread! Little did I know when I subscribed that I would not only get wonderful T-shirts for a family vacation (thanks again, Kate), but a new set of best friends. DH couldn't understand for a while, until he sat down and read a few pages of the thread. It didn't take him too long to figure out why I love checking things out here each day. You are truly the most wonderful bunch of ladies (and gentlemen, if Paul and Mac ever decide to join us again) that I have ever had the privilege of "meeting." Believe me, I am working as hard as I can to get DH to agree to let me come to the meet in DC in July. We'll see. It's funny, but when I'm having a bad day, I don't turn to my neighbors as I would have in the past, I turn to you and boy do you respond. You are amazing!

Well, that got a bit mushy, didn't it. Well, I don't care. I love you all!

May your days be merry and bright!

My sentiments exactly.

Deb

my3princes
12-23-2005, 10:43 PM
I still need to
wrap gifts
grocery shop
recyle
put up stockings
So if I'm not here.

I hope you have a very nice Christmas this year. Hopefully dh will cooperate.

Deb

my3princes
12-23-2005, 10:54 PM
We went out to dinner tonight for 2 reasons 1) I didn't have to cook and 2) we kept the kids out of the house so their rooms stayed clean :smooth: . From the time we got out of the car at the restaurant until the kids went to bed they kept telling each of us how much they love us. When they are happy or excited they have to tell us all (including the grandparents) over and over "Mom, I love you", " Dad, I love you" etc, etc. It really makes us all feel special to have all 3 boys in such good moods. They all behave perfectly at the restaurant too. We came home and made some more of Denise's pretzel treats and did some more kitchen cleaning. I think we're in pretty good shape for tomorrow. I also got a friend and Neighbor to agree to be Santa for our party tomorrow. The kids will be so excited to get a visit from Santa and hopefully they won't recognize him. We usually have a family member do it, but inevitably one of the kids recognize Santa. Hopefully all will go smoothly and we can enjoy spending time with our extended family.

Deb

I will be in and out all weekend and will be checking in with my "On line Family" this holiday wouldn't be the same without all of you. I really think that I have stayed sane by chatting with all of you. Thanks.

Deb

miss missy
12-23-2005, 11:47 PM
We went out to dinner tonight for 2 reasons 1) I didn't have to cook and 2) we kept the kids out of the house so their rooms stayed clean :smooth: . From the time we got out of the car at the restaurant until the kids went to bed they kept telling each of us how much they love us. When they are happy or excited they have to tell us all (including the grandparents) over and over "Mom, I love you", " Dad, I love you" etc, etc. It really makes us all feel special to have all 3 boys in such good moods. They all behave perfectly at the restaurant too. We came home and made some more of Denise's pretzel treats and did some more kitchen cleaning. I think we're in pretty good shape for tomorrow. I also got a friend and Neighbor to agree to be Santa for our party tomorrow. The kids will be so excited to get a visit from Santa and hopefully they won't recognize him. We usually have a family member do it, but inevitably one of the kids recognize Santa. Hopefully all will go smoothly and we can enjoy spending time with our extended family.

Deb

I will be in and out all weekend and will be checking in with my "On line Family" this holiday wouldn't be the same without all of you. I really think that I have stayed sane by chatting with all of you. Thanks.

Deb

I too have been told by mine DD the "I love you Mom, thanks for Disney and xmas..." (Disney trip was part xmas as it was in Dec and a shopping budget killer) It is so nice when they say that and you just feel their mood... thats what being a care free kid is about... just happiness! THAT is why we go to WDW as adults... to capture that time again!

I am checking in too, been busy!

Blueeyes101817
12-23-2005, 11:53 PM
Hope you guys all have a great holiday, whatever it may be!!!

miss missy
12-24-2005, 12:11 AM
On the way home today I got two more gift certificates. Youngest son does not need tools and really does not want anything else, so certificates are all he is going to get. He is living here and not working a lot. I love him but keep waiting for him to move out. he is as stubborn as all the men in this family... Well just had to get that out

I feel for ya on that. I am in a position that my son 20, is moved out and works hard, but he wanted to be an adult so quick he left at 17!!! And too the hard way by working for peanuts and is just starting to figure he should have stayed home and went to college, but is too proud to turn back, wants to take care of himself and asks for NOTHING! He is such a sweet kid and I miss him!! I get sad around this time becuz he is not here. He will be here on xmas, but I miss him in everyday life. I feel I got ripped off years and my DD 12 did too! He lives near my mom in my hometown, I am 35 miles away :(

I still do his stocking and always will for my kids till they have kids I guess! He told me not to get him anything that just being together was enough..(love)! But I got him a couple things, and gift cards... but man I miss the BIG deal I made of xmas for him when he was a lil one.

I am glad I have my DD to make xmas a big deal, she loves the spirit and ALL that is involved. DH hates it all and that is really getting me down this year.

Wow, I am sad tonight huh. Sorry to ramble.

Moral here.... enough those lil ones and suck in every minute of their little lives!

disney newbie
12-24-2005, 12:20 AM
Just checking in from the hotel. Luckily it has internet connection. DS20 is working also, but going to college too. He is a worship leader at a church 3 hours away from us. Since Christmas is on Sunday, he has to work so I am spending my first Christmas away from home to be with him. We are staying in a hotel then will travel home afte church on Christmas.

Just love hearing about all of your plans. We definately are a family here. Love and pixie dust to all during this holiday season. May God bless each and every one.

julia & nicks mom
12-24-2005, 12:28 AM
Hello all!!

well day one is over and Santa just stopped by to drop off the kids presents - and I am getting ready to head to bed

we will have Christmas just the 4 of us tomorrow and I am looking forward to it the most -

we had a great day at my parents today and it is nice as my kids get older that we can enjoy more adult time instead of watching the kids the whole time! Julia and Nick love being with their cousins

when we got home - they were exhausted but Julia took everything in her to put out milk and cookies and write a note to Santa - they sat on our laps as we read the Christmas story and twas the night before Chirstmas - Nick actually showed no interest at first but about 1/2 through twas the night before Christmas he put down his NEW Buzz spaceship :faint: and snuggled into my lap for the rest of the story :love:

as the story finished Julia said Thank you and then I turned to hug her to see her little eyes shut as she drifted off into dreamland!! :love2: She hung on to take care of business and then she was out like a light!!

I had things to say to a lot of you but I don't want to miss anyone - so I think this should cover it:

Feel better, hug your kids, hang in there with your crazy relatives, cherish your great ones!!!

tinker1bell
12-24-2005, 01:10 AM
I want to take this time to wish everyone good times with your family. It is so great to have good friends to chat with. I would like to thank all of you for all your good thoughts. To all who helped in our shirt making, a BIG thank you. It made my first really big trip to WDW a huge success. To those who helped Steffy with creating new memories, you cannot even imagine my watching her open the boxes, read the letters and then afterward, sit there just blown away from all the kindness. That memory will stay in my heart forever.
I am looking forward to meeting fellow DDA's this July in DC and August in Atlanta. Thank you so very much.

Terry Hartman

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/created/12189770.gif (http://www.GlitterMaker.com/)

Pooh67_68
12-24-2005, 07:07 AM
Merry Christmas Kate.

tinknme
12-24-2005, 08:23 AM
Merry Christmas To All!

rosiejo
12-24-2005, 09:26 AM
Hey everyone - think we're almost ready for the big day tomorrow.Spent the morning baking Amy's cookies (not sure what we did wrong as they didn't turn out quite as we expected :rotfl: )

All the presents are wrapped - I've done the food shopping - so we're taking the afternoon off and heading out to see Narnia and go for a pizza.

I hope everyone has a fantastic Christmas and that Santa brings you and your families all you wish for :goodvibes

Disneygrl36
12-24-2005, 09:27 AM
Merry Christmas Eve everybody. You all a great group to be friends with. I hope everybody's holidays are fun & not too hectic.
I get a little bit of a Disney fix in 2 weeks. My husband is running in the 1/2 marathon so we will be at WDW for 2 days. I was supposed to be walking but just wasn't able to get in the training I needed to in order to be ready. This will be our first trip home as DVC members & we are excited about that-2 days at the Boardwalk & 2 days at Vero Beach for recuperation after the marathon. No parks this time, just going to soak up the Disney atmosphere. Once again, Merry Christmas ya'll!!!!!

KMH1
12-24-2005, 10:04 AM
Spent the morning baking Amy's cookies (not sure what we did wrong as they didn't turn out quite as we expected :rotfl: )

Oh no, you're the second person on this thread to say that! I don't think I'll be sharing that recipe anymore. That recipe's been in our family for at least 35 years...my mom and I must have it down to a science. :confused3

Sorry Claire!

KMH1
12-24-2005, 10:06 AM
Hey Dawn! Alyssa got a book for Christmas titled Hippos Go Berserk!

The berserk part reminded me of you. :rotfl:

rosiejo
12-24-2005, 10:32 AM
Oh no, you're the second person on this thread to say that! I don't think I'll be sharing that recipe anymore. That recipe's been in our family for at least 35 years...my mom and I must have it down to a science. :confused3

Sorry Claire!

:rotfl: I wouldn't worry Amy - it'll probably be down to me and DH as we're not too great at baking :0)

I think I'll just stick to fairy cakes as I have them mastered :goodvibes

Steamboat Marti
12-24-2005, 10:37 AM
Well hello to all my DDA family!!! We've finished decorating two trees, we've baked a little, visited with friends a little, had a little to drink.... its been a busy week!! But tonight the big guy comes (not Paul!!) and I wanted to also say have a Merry Christmas!!! Thanks for making the rest of the year a lot more fun - here's to a good 2006!!!

Marti, Paul & Matt

aka Steamboat, Skunka and the kid

bear74
12-24-2005, 12:15 PM
Merry Christmas
and
Happy Hannuka
To all my DDA Friends

my3princes
12-24-2005, 12:23 PM
Just quickly checking in as promised. We have guests arriving in about an hour. Just wanted to see if all was ok.

Deb

MinnieMouseMom
12-24-2005, 01:14 PM
Merry Christmas, Everyone!!

Have a safe and wonderful holiday!

bengalbelle
12-24-2005, 02:48 PM
If anyone that knows how to edit clipart checks in and has a few minutes (not likely on Christmas Eve, I know) I'm desperate to get the writing off of the middle of this Gingerbread Baby and put my own verses in. DS got a Gingerbread Baby at school (cookie) but somehow it didn't make it home with us and he's really upset. I told him maybe the baby ran away (like the book) and I planned to buy another one to replace it. My MIL just found one today so I was going to leave a note (from the Gingerbread Baby) saying he'd run away..then that he had to get dressed for Christmas (the new G.B. cookie is a little more "dressed up". So...if anyone can help me out I appreciate it.

bengalbelle
12-24-2005, 02:50 PM
If anyone that knows how to edit clipart checks in and has a few minutes (not likely on Christmas Eve, I know) I'm desperate to get the writing off of the middle of this Gingerbread Baby and put my own verses in. DS got a Gingerbread Baby at school (cookie) but somehow it didn't make it home with us and he's really upset. I told him maybe the baby ran away (like the book) and I planned to buy another one to replace it. My MIL just found one today so I was going to leave a note (from the Gingerbread Baby) saying he'd run away..then that he had to get dressed for Christmas (the new G.B. cookie is a little more "dressed up". So...if anyone can help me out I appreciate it.

Here is the clipart (I know it's not that great)
http://ele.usa.k12.mi.us/~querbacs/gingerbread_baby_recipe.gif

If anyone is willing to do this, please PM me. Thanks!

julia & nicks mom
12-24-2005, 03:15 PM
well - we went out for lunch with the girls in my family b/c the guys are all at the football game and Nick decided that would be a great time to throw up - thankfully on the floor and not the table but it was a HUGE mess!!!!

so my mom took Julia and I am here hoping he will nap - which he isn't and have to decide if we should go to my mother in laws tonight -

so while he is lounging watching Buzz - I am bored as we weren't supposed to be home - so Dawn - it is your lucky day!!! :rotfl:

wasn't sure which way you wanted it
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/kfeldmann/ginergbra.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/kfeldmann/9e59e148.jpg

lmartin2711
12-24-2005, 04:15 PM
Merry Christmas To All!!! It Has Been A Very Busy Holiday Season At Home And At Work. I Have Not Been Able To Keep Up Like I Have In The Past. I Was Thinking About All My Dda Friends So I Thought I Would Drop Ya'll A Line.

Both Of My Boys Are Doing O.k.......stuffy Head And Cough But I Am Hoping The Dimetapp Will Knock It Out. My Daughter-in-law And Grandson Both Have A Nasty Cough And Cold. She Is About 6 Months Pregnant So That Is Really Bringing Her Down.

I Hope Everyone Has A Very Merry Christmas And I Will Check Back In Later.

Lynn

bengalbelle
12-24-2005, 04:19 PM
well - we went out for lunch with the girls in my family b/c the guys are all at the football game and Nick decided that would be a great time to throw up - thankfully on the floor and not the table but it was a HUGE mess!!!!

so my mom took Julia and I am here hoping he will nap - which he isn't and have to decide if we should go to my mother in laws tonight -

so while he is lounging watching Buzz - I am bored as we weren't supposed to be home - so Dawn - it is your lucky day!!! :rotfl:
wasn't sure which way you wanted it

I know I told you privately already, but you're the best :love:
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You will totally make Christopher's day!!!

Brendita
12-24-2005, 04:42 PM
HOS
Afternoon all.
Happy Christmas Eve Day.

KMH1
12-24-2005, 06:20 PM
Both Of My Boys Are Doing O.k.......stuffy Head And Cough But I Am Hoping The Dimetapp Will Knock It Out.

Lynn

I tried to give Alyssa some Dimetapp earlier this afternoon and she hates the taste of it so much, that she made herself throw up, crying so much.

I guess I'll try some Benadryl before bedtime, because her nose is just dripping. Poor baby. And as a result, Kevin went to church without us.

I hope all the sick kiddos (and adults, myself included!) feel better soon! :goodvibes

miss missy
12-24-2005, 06:25 PM
Well hello to all my DDA family!!! We've finished decorating two trees, we've baked a little, visited with friends a little, had a little to drink.... its been a busy week!! But tonight the big guy comes (not Paul!!) and I wanted to also say have a Merry Christmas!!! Thanks for making the rest of the year a lot more fun - here's to a good 2006!!!

Marti, Paul & Matt

aka Steamboat, Skunka and the kid

I have to tell ya, had a friend over who just LOVES my DH and tonight she said he is a "hunka hunka" I cracked up!!! If she knew how to get online I'de wonder :rotfl:

miss missy
12-24-2005, 06:33 PM
Oh I hope there are not a lot of sick kids tomorrow :(

My niece and BIL are home sick. It just stinks. I do not do my family till tomorrow so I am taking a break now, then have to cards and finish the stockings and then be SANTA!

I am having a hard time the past couple months... not sure why. Someone mentioned maybe hormone changes but I am too young I think... my moods swing by the moment and this season that brings me so much joy, isn't... something doesn't seem right with me and I am fighting it. I pray I can keep my head up and things turn around. I just can't kick "the blues" lately. I just need some prayers and PD if anyone checks in.

hey... is Tammi back yet?

bear74
12-24-2005, 06:54 PM

My niece and BIL are home sick. It just stinks. I do not do my family till tomorrow so I am taking a break now, then have to cards and finish the stockings and then be SANTA!

I am having a hard time the past couple months... not sure why. Someone mentioned maybe hormone changes but I am too young I think... my moods swing by the moment and this season that brings me so much joy, isn't... something doesn't seem right with me and I am fighting it. I pray I can keep my head up and things turn around. I just can't kick "the blues" lately. I just need some prayers and PD if anyone checks in.

here is some prayers and pixie dust. I was real blue last year. and you would think with all that went on in my life this year I would be blue but I think its because I am trying to keep DH and DFIL's spirits up plus having a 2yr old DD that I am not blue this year.

miss missy
12-24-2005, 09:28 PM
here is some prayers and pixie dust. I was real blue last year. and you would think with all that went on in my life this year I would be blue but I think its because I am trying to keep DH and DFIL's spirits up plus having a 2yr old DD that I am not blue this year.

Thanks. I hope you have a great day tomorrow too!

ReAnSt
12-24-2005, 09:42 PM

Sending tons of Pixie dust, I am sorry that you have been feeling this way. Hopefully you can kick it in the new year.

Becky

my3princes
12-24-2005, 10:43 PM

:grouphug: :wizard: to you. My DM has been having a tough time the last few weeks too. I hope that you both cheer up after the holidays. This is a tough time of year for many people. Surround yourself with family and friends.

Deb

my3princes
12-24-2005, 10:47 PM
We survived the big Family party here. Nice visit with family and a visit from Santa too. The kids were so excited. Actually they still are. We went to my parents this evening and opened gifts. It was very nice this year, no one was in a hurry and the kids got some awesome presents. Waiting for the kids to go to bed. They plan to stay up all night to catch Santa, but I'm hoping that they'll give up at some point. Unfortunately they'll probably outlast me. Thank God for alarm clocks. ;)

Deb

Glynis
12-24-2005, 10:47 PM
:rotfl: I wouldn't worry Amy - it'll probably be down to me and DH as we're not too great at baking :0)

I think I'll just stick to fairy cakes as I have them mastered :goodvibes

Would you mind telling me what fairy cakes are and how do I go about making them? I have an 8 year old who fervently believes in fairies. She wants to have a "fairy birthday," and these sound like they would be perfect!
Thanks.

KMH1
12-24-2005, 10:50 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a48/KMH2/ChristmasCardPost.jpg

julia & nicks mom
12-24-2005, 10:53 PM
Merry Christmas Kate.
Merry Christmas Heidi!!!

Lisa - I am right there with you on not being in the holiday mood -
Here's to a better new year - sending you hugs and pixie dust

julia & nicks mom
12-24-2005, 10:55 PM
I was just going to tell you how much we love your card!!!! I might have to print the BIG version for my hutch!!

julia & nicks mom
12-24-2005, 10:58 PM
I went ahead and took Nick to my in-laws tonight - he wasn't quite himself but he perked up a bit later on!

The kids got great presents - as did we - but I am exhausted!!! Nick however got a cat nap on the way home and well - he might just be up for a while!!

KMH1
12-24-2005, 11:02 PM
I was just going to tell you how much we love your card!!!! I might have to print the BIG version for my hutch!!

Pixel-wise, it's actually a smaller version than the one we sent out for printing. Thank you for the compliment. It was difficult finding just the "right" pictures. Unfortunately, Best Buy Image Lab messed up the borders a little in the final card printing but overall I was happy with the way they came out and the price was better than anywhere else I checked. And enough of the bah humbugs ... It's Christmas. Have a Merry one!!!!! And I say that with a little sick baybers who has a runny nose, a slight fever, and a nasty cough. But she still has more energy than Amy or I. Asleep now, however. And I just beat Amy two out of three games of our new Scene It -- TV Edition game, so I can go to bed happy with house bragging rights.

-- Kevin

Tammi67
12-24-2005, 11:19 PM
Hello everyone!! We got back home at 10:30PM and have been unloading the car and getting the kids off to bed. I just wanted to pop in real quick and say hi. What have I missed? Our trip was wonderful and I will do a full report in a few days. Merry Christmas to you all!

julia & nicks mom
12-24-2005, 11:20 PM
And enough of the bah humbugs ... It's Christmas. Have a Merry one!!!!! And I say that with a little sick baybers who has a runny nose, a slight fever, and a nasty cough.
-- Kevin

I know!!!

Poor little Alyssa - I hate when the little ones are sick b/c they just don't understand

nicks nose has run so much this week that it is actually bloody now - whenever I wipe it - it bleeds - he looks pathetic!!

julia & nicks mom
12-24-2005, 11:22 PM
Hello everyone!! We got back home at 10:30PM and have been unloading the car and getting the kids off to bed. I just wanted to pop in real quick and say hi. What have I missed? Our trip was wonderful and I will do a full report in a few days. Merry Christmas to you all!
Welcome Home!!!! I can't wait to hear all about your trip and see pictures!!!

you haven't missed anything - we were all sick and getting ready for Christmas!!

The biggest news is that one day this week - we went over FOUR hours without posting!!!! :faint:

bengalbelle
12-25-2005, 12:09 AM
Amy and Kevin - great picture!

I hope all sick kiddos are feeling better by tomorrow morning. Maybe a visit from Santa will do the trick!

Deb, I'm glad your party was a success!

Hugs to everyone not in the spirit this year.

Tammi, welcome home.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Steamboat Marti
12-25-2005, 12:13 AM
Here's one from dinner tonight told by DS Matt (7)

What do you get when you cross a skunk and a fairy???

Stinkerbelle!!!!!!!

Have a Merry Christmas All and to all a good night !!!

Blueeyes101817
12-25-2005, 12:14 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!
Just did the "christmas day" thing at my house--my dad will be at the firehouse all day tomorrow working, so we did presents tonight...
now just trying to get myself tired!
hope you all have a great holiday!
WELCOME BACK TAMMI! cant wait to hear about your trip

miss missy
12-25-2005, 01:25 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL

Welcome back Tammi!

Thanks everyone for the pixie dust. I just finished being Santa and the tree and stockings are filled. I did better than I thought with it all. I talked to a friend and that helped. It is just sad becuz DH isn't into Christmas one bit. I always had enough of the spirit for us both snd more... but not this year for some reason. I got sad when shopping alone and wrapping and party food and all that. He doesn't even know what presents anyone gets, even the kids until I tell him. Its hitting me hard this year. I guess I feel its such a family thing and I am not wanting to do it alone anymore.

I did good with DD, she is so excited! Read our Christmas eve book and that was FUN!

Family comes today and that part he likes. I pray I am still feeling better when I wake up. I have a feeling I will be ok. Thanks for all the kind words and I hope all of us have a great day!

tinker1bell
12-25-2005, 10:44 AM
Good morning all. Gifts are wrapped (finished at 1:30am). Getting ready to go over to DD's house where everyone will be. I am watching the Christmas parade and wondering if anyone was there?
Have a great day all.
Coming up is the best part of Christmas I am going to really love. Watching the two grandsons open their gifts. All the good food. Sampling the Holiday Drink that DSIL will have made up (yum). And just good times with lots of jokes.

Merry Christmas everyone

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/created/12189770.gif (http://www.GlitterMaker.com/)[/QUOTE]

my3princes
12-25-2005, 11:07 AM
Good Morning and Merry Christmas. Well Santa came and we've opened our presents. It was a really nice morning and the kids say that they got everything they wanted. Colby was a real sweetie and insisted on either sitting on DH or My laps while opening all of his gifts. He wanted to make sure that he had our attention. That made me feel really good. I awoke this morning with an incredible sinus headache and I am definately ready for a nap. Colby will be taking one soon and so will I. Hopefully I wake up with lots of energy as he wants his Geotrax set up and it will take me a long time. I think he got enough pieces to double his set.

I hope everyone has a really nice and hopefully relaxing day with their families. I'm sure this board will start getting busy again tomorrow when the holiday madness is behind us.

Deb

miss missy
12-25-2005, 11:36 AM
Santa came and now I am cleaning for family LOL.

DD is so happy, she jusy hugged and hugged us! She got 100.00 for the mall from Grampa and she is like OH YA.. tomorrow is the mall! She is just getting into that "girlie" mall thing.

Can't wait to see my son! :Pinkbounc I hate that he is 20 now, missing him so much. Glad he is working alot and doing well though. Tough teen years!!!

Hope Santa was good to everyone of you!

Steffy
12-25-2005, 01:07 PM
Merry Christmas everyone!!!

We just got back in from church. What a nice service.

The kids are happy with their gifts. They got everything they wanted. My son-in-law's father said since he was cooking, we should all come over there. Not a problem!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes We boght this house so that the grandchildren would have immediate access to both grandparents. I live here, he lives one block away. Perfect. :goodvibes :goodvibes

Can't wait for my son and his wife to get here. They should be here in an hour. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

I hope all of you are enjoying this time with family and friends. I know I am. And I'm including all of you with that sentiment. :love: :love: :love:

miss missy
12-25-2005, 01:33 PM
Crap! Our turn DD has a bad sore throat! Hope we make it through with motrin! Baby Niece is at ER, so sick! PD to DD and neice!

O family pulling in... YAY let the party begin!

triplefigs
12-25-2005, 04:11 PM
Merry Christmas, everyone! It was great, except for my MIL completely ruining my DH's Christmas (she is a royal, heinous WITCH who is mean, cruel, and selfish... I could go on for days... the only reason we see them is for the kids' sake...). We're celebrating with MY family (yea!!!!) this year, hence all the trouble. Otherwise it was a great day.

Merry Christmas! See y'all in a few days!

Blueeyes101817
12-25-2005, 06:06 PM
Merry christmas everyone!
we did our presents last night, as my dad was working at the firehouse today..mom and dad still buy a bunch of presents even though my brother is 19 and im 21..they love it! im getting ready to go out to the movies with a friend...
have a great night!

ReAnSt
12-25-2005, 09:06 PM
I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and wasn't to sick so that they could enjoy Christmas.

Becky

my3princes
12-25-2005, 09:30 PM
We are finally winding down from another busy day. The kids played with the toys that they got and Colby and I took a 3 hour nap. I think he may be a little under the weather like mom. When we got up dh and I set up his Geotrax set. It took us the better part of 3 hours, but it looks pretty cool and we managed to set it up without head on collisions. All the boys enjoy playing with it. It pretty much takes up every inch of floor in his room, but we'll take it down in a couple of weeks then put in up again in a few months. Everytime we do that it is like a new toy for him. I am really tired tonight so I'm planning to head to bed early. We went to my brothers for dinner and it was a very nice meal. We all played Disney Bingo after dinner. I was surprised that the 3 yr olds were able to do it. Now we are watching Modern Marvels on the history channel. They are doing a special on WDW. Pretty amazing. I had planned on watching the Disney parade today, but it wasn't broadcast in our area :guilty: What a disappointment. Oh well I really needed the rest anyway.

Merry Christmas.

Deb

miss missy
12-25-2005, 09:42 PM
All done, everyone gone. WHEW!

Here I am happy because I am with my two kids!

miss missy
12-25-2005, 09:46 PM
Merry Christmas, everyone! It was great, except for my MIL completely ruining my DH's Christmas (she is a royal, heinous WITCH who is mean, cruel, and selfish... I could go on for days... the only reason we see them is for the kids' sake...). We're celebrating with MY family (yea!!!!) this year, hence all the trouble. Otherwise it was a great day.

Merry Christmas! See y'all in a few days!

Cruella DeVille huh! Oh ya they come in ALL shapes and sizes! :rotfl:

bear74
12-25-2005, 09:55 PM
wow Amy nice Pictures.

bear74
12-25-2005, 09:58 PM
I know!!!

Poor little Alyssa - I hate when the little ones are sick b/c they just don't understand

nicks nose has run so much this week that it is actually bloody now - whenever I wipe it - it bleeds - he looks pathetic!!
oh poor baby.

bear74
12-25-2005, 10:18 PM
Okay so we are home from my parents and the presnets are all open. DD got a kids piano from her Grandparents and has been playing with it all night.
Got to get ready for the after christmas sales.

tinker1bell
12-25-2005, 11:12 PM
Just got home from DD's house. Really had a wonderful time. Ended up that there was only eight adults and 2 children. Good food and good times. Youngest grandson was teething, so he was not a happy camper. Wanted his mother and would not go to anyone else. Our youngest son was trying to teach DH and DBIL Canasta. Finally we started opening presents. Everyone got really nice gifts.
The biggest surprise was DD and DDIL got together and apparently found a large frame with Disney World spelled out and Mickey ears before and after the words. And just like one of the shirt designs, put pictures in each letter from our trip that Steffy had taken. Naturally, I did the ugly cry (thank goodness I do not wear makeup any more) :rotfl:
Apparently they got together with Steffy and she provided pictures for them to chose from. I was completely blown away with the surprise. I plan to hang it in the Dining room where I can see it everyday while I am on the puter chatting with fellow DISers.
By 9pm DH and I were getting sleepy so we bid our good byes.

I hope everyone else had a good day. I can relate with the in-laws. My MIL did not come as she is really having a hard time getting around at her age. But it was nice without her because she tends to say things that after all these years, I think I am old enough to remember how to do it by now :rotfl:

Love to all. Terry

julia & nicks mom
12-25-2005, 11:55 PM
All I can say is thank goodness Christmas is over!!

I am exhausted and just want to rest now!!

Julia and Nick were so sweet and so excited with every present - one time tonight Julia opened something and said to DH's aunt - "How did you know this was on my DREAM list!?!?!" You could just see everyone's heart melt when she said it!

Denise - sorry about your MIL!!! I hope everything else went well!!

I am glad you all had good days!! I am looking forward to us all feeling better and having time to chat agian!!!! I could use some good girl talk!! :flower:

disneyeveryyear
12-26-2005, 12:01 AM
I was going to let everyone know that the History Channel had the WDW version of Modern Marvels on again, but I think I am alone her.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Happy Chanukkah and Kwanzaa to those who will begin celebrating tomorrow.

rosiejo
12-26-2005, 06:12 AM
Would you mind telling me what fairy cakes are and how do I go about making them? I have an 8 year old who fervently believes in fairies. She wants to have a "fairy birthday," and these sound like they would be perfect!
Thanks.

Hi Glynis - fairy cakes are I suppose what you would call cup cakes - they are small sponge cakes in individual wrappers and you can decorate them with icing and sweets.

Here are some pictures:

http://members.aol.com/ivycleartoes/faecakes.jpg

http://www.crumbscakes.co.uk/Assets/Homepage/fairy_lovehearts.JPG

They're realy easy to make. Here's a recipe:

Fairy Cakes
Makes 24 mini cakes or 12 larger ones.
For mini cakes you will need a 12 hole tartlet tin (these are 5cm at the rim and 1 1/2 cm deep) and you will need to use it twice. For larger cakes use a 12-hole bun tin (these are 6 1/2 cm at the rim and 2cm deep). You can use the little paper cases according to the size tin you have. If not, butter the base and sides of the holes before filling with the mixture.

125g / 4 1/2 oz softened butter
125g / 4 1/2 oz caster sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
125g / 4 1/2 oz self-raising flour
2 tbsp milk

Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas mark 5. Either butter the tin or place the paper cases in the holes (see above). In a mixing bowl beat the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. You can use an electric whisk or a wooden spoon.
Add the beaten egg, a little at a time, whisking to incorporate, then beat in the vanilla.
Sift in half of the flour and fold into the mixture. Add the milk and the rest of the flour and fold until well combined.
Spoon into the tin and bake for 12 minutes or until risen and golden on top. Allow to cool for ten minutes on a rack before removing from the tin.

**I think the bun tin must be what you guys would cook muffins in - and your muffins tend to come in the same paper cases.**

You can also make butterfly cakes by cutting out a piece off the top of the cake and slicing it in half to make the wings - and then putting some butter cream in the top of the cakes and sticking the wings into it - they look quite cute too.

http://www.electricpenguin.com/blatherings/pics/2001-06/010628butterflycakes.jpg

Blueeyes101817
12-26-2005, 09:09 AM
Hi everyone!
Well i have the next 3 weeks with no school and no work!!
Today, my friend and i are goign to see disney on ice (hahaha) she wanted to go so she made that my christmas present to her--i bet well have fun!
Other than that, im planning on being a big bum..anyone else have any big plans today?

itslisa
12-26-2005, 09:53 AM
Was that the print screen tip? If not could you PM and share with me too?

Rosiejo Are you looking for how to get the PhotoPass photos? Did you get the directions? Let me know ...

itslisa
12-26-2005, 09:56 AM
That was it! And thanks to Lisa for posting it!

Ummm ... nope ... I had another ... ummmm .... "work around" to get to the PhotoPass photos. Not print screen.

itslisa
12-26-2005, 09:59 AM
DH called and told me that Colby (ds3) had cut his face while riding the snowmobile with dh. It was bad enough that he thought we should take him to the ER. He required 5 stitches.

Oh no! I know I am trying to to catch up on mail. I hope everything has been OK for him sice? If you've already updated, I'll see it. If not, let us know.

itslisa
12-26-2005, 10:01 AM
I just did this design to put on the "pocket" area of a T-shirt for a dear friend. How does it look?

Love it!

itslisa
12-26-2005, 10:21 AM
Clare - the creative side of me - decided that this picture needed a little artistic flare

your flowers are perfect for this!!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/kfeldmann/redroses.jpg

Kate you continue to amaze me. :) I love this!! I loved the picture to start with ... but I dolove your dash of color. :)

itslisa
12-26-2005, 10:46 AM
OMG Marti, I hope you feel better.
I hate the dentist, just cannot stand even having my teeth cleaned.
:grouphug: :grouphug:

tinker1bell Is it the sound of the tools? Or the feeling?

itslisa
12-26-2005, 10:57 AM
Those lovely photopass people just gave me an extra 30 days - so I thought I'd share http://disneyphotopass.go.com/DPI/r.d?i=338885636

:0)

Thanks for sharing! Your pics are great! I can't wait to check mine out now!

MinnieMouseMom
12-26-2005, 11:00 AM

Beautiful!! :flower:

tink2020
12-26-2005, 11:19 AM
Help! If any of you are at the Disney Store, I have a huge favor to ask. My sister got a Lilo and Stitch ornament for Christmas and it was probably one of the things she was most excited about, believe it or not. Well, my great grandpa came over unexpectedly and in the midst of trying to rearrange things so he could sit down, walk without falling over clutter, etc it broke. She cried, and she DOESN'T cry. :guilty: If anyone sees it, can you PLEASE PLEASE pick one up for us? The Disney Store has had then for 50% off forever, so we can't find any in the entire state of Ohio. Literally... my mom has called every store. I will, of course, pay you for the ornament + shipping and extra for your trouble. Thanks DDAs!

tink2020
12-26-2005, 11:21 AM
Help! If any of you are at the Disney Store, I have a huge favor to ask. My sister got a Lilo and Stitch ornament for Christmas and it was probably one of the things she was most excited about, believe it or not. Well, my great grandpa came over unexpectedly and in the midst of trying to rearrange things so he could sit down, walk without falling over clutter, etc it broke. She cried, and she DOESN'T cry. :guilty: If anyone sees it, can you PLEASE PLEASE pick one up for us? The Disney Store has had then for 50% off forever, so we can't find any in the entire state of Ohio. Literally... my mom has called every store. I will, of course, pay you for the ornament + shipping and extra for your trouble. Thanks DDAs!

Hey, how about I tell you which one? :) It was the snowglobe one that is sort of shaped like a Christmas light.... It's this line:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/tink2020/mmornament.jpg

itslisa
12-26-2005, 11:32 AM
Well .. I gues I am going to stop my personal posting frenzy! I'm all caught up again. :)

This past week has just been crazy! We got back on Friday but drove straight to my Mom's to get ready for our family's Hanukkah party. We go home late on Sunday. Then I spentthe rest of the week washing all our clothes and re-packing, shopping, wrapping, doing cards etc. I hardly had time very breathing! I was up late every night!

Missed you guys SO much! Especially since the PC was right next to me!

OK .... well ... we're at Mom's now. I've got to get packed (again!), gather up the gifts and somehow (?) get everything into the car!!!! Wish me luck! LOL

We'll be back home late tonight .... hopefully I'll get on later tonight - or more likely tomorrow.

Merry Christmas all!!

dumby
12-26-2005, 11:44 AM
Well Christmas morning 3:30 a.m. I wake with a severe ear ache and of course nowhere to go but the ER. I sat in the emergency room for 3 hours and finally got some meds. I have bronchitis and an ear infection. I sure feel for those poor babies with ear problems. I am feeling a little better today. I am still coughing, congested, and my ear feels like it is stopped up and ready to pop but is not painful.

Anyway Christmas was great at our house except for the above. I was a little drugged up as he gave me some Lortab to help with the pain. DH helped me get the rest of the meal together so everything there went good also. Everyone seemed to like everything they got. I got some really neat gifts myself.

triplefigs
12-26-2005, 11:54 AM

I'll look here today. We have to replace Maleficent that was broken that Santa brought. BTW, John knocked our entire tree over entire tree last night. I lost several of my favorite ornaments in the collision. Oh, well. At least I have an excuse to shop now! :goodvibes

MidNite
12-26-2005, 11:56 AM
Well Christmas morning 3:30 a.m. I wake with a severe ear ache and of course nowhere to go but the ER. I sat in the emergency room for 3 hours and finally got some meds. I have bronchitis and an ear infection. I sure feel for those poor babies with ear problems. I am feeling a little better today. I am still coughing, congested, and my ear feels like it is stopped up and ready to pop but is not painful.

Anyway Christmas was great at our house except for the above. I was a little drugged up as he gave me some Lortab to help with the pain. DH helped me get the rest of the meal together so everything there went good also. Everyone seemed to like everything they got. I got some really neat gifts myself.
:grouphug:

triplefigs
12-26-2005, 11:59 AM
Hey, how about I tell you which one? :) It was the snowglobe one that is sort of shaped like a Christmas light.... It's this line:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/tink2020/mmornament.jpg

Jennifer,

I just called our Disney Store, and they HAVE IT!!!!!!! They are holding it for me. She said it had green glitter, correct? PM me your address, and I'll mail it out tomorrow in tons of bubble wrap of course. Hope that's the right one.

Denise

triplefigs
12-26-2005, 12:04 PM

Oh, I hope you are feeling better!

tink2020
12-26-2005, 12:14 PM
I'll look here today. We have to replace Maleficent that was broken that Santa brought. BTW, John knocked our entire tree over entire tree last night. I lost several of my favorite ornaments in the collision. Oh, well. At least I have an excuse to shop now! :goodvibes

Oh no! Our tree fell last year, but only a few were broken. I hope they are replaceable!

I PMed you back :goodvibes

tink2020
12-26-2005, 12:14 PM
Jennifer,

I just called our Disney Store, and they HAVE IT!!!!!!! They are holding it for me. She said it had green glitter, correct? PM me your address, and I'll mail it out tomorrow in tons of bubble wrap of course. Hope that's the right one.

Denise

That is the right one! Yay!

rosiejo
12-26-2005, 12:19 PM
Ummm ... nope ... I had another ... ummmm .... "work around" to get to the PhotoPass photos. Not print screen.

In that case... can you PM me please :goodvibes

tink2020
12-26-2005, 12:20 PM

ooh, me too Lisa? :goodvibes

triplefigs
12-26-2005, 12:21 PM
Me too, Lisa! I've only got a few days left on my photopass, and they're expensive.

tinker1bell
12-26-2005, 12:23 PM
tinker1bell Is it the sound of the tools? Or the feeling?

Both, the dentist knows to get done very fast. I just cannot stand to have anything done in or on my head. I would even be laughing (hysterically) when at the point of a perm when the water is poured over my head with the curlers still in. Just could not take that feeling. :rotfl2:

MinnieMouseMom
12-26-2005, 12:29 PM
Me too, please? :flower:

Glynis
12-26-2005, 12:55 PM
'Twas the day after Christmas, and we're trying to get back to normal. Christmas at our home was wonderful except for the fact that I woke up with DH's cold. I had no voice, so singing in our Church's Christmas program was out of the question. Oh well. There's always next year. DH and I had a great time on Christmas Eve playing Santa. We always do. We were able to watch "A Christmas Story" once, and part of "White Christmas" before we were finished. That always ends up being our party time. I make clam dip, and meatballs in sauce, and we have a good time reconnecting. We were in bed by 11:30 p.m., hopeful for some good sleep since for the last few years our kids haven't awakened before 8:00. Not so this year. At 5:00 all 4 were awake and clamoring for us to get up. We were able to stall them for an hour and a half by telling them that Santa could still come back and take all the presents away if they woke us up again. At 6:30, however, they had waited long enough. They each ate a piece of cinnamon toast, and had a glass of O.J. (just so I can turn a blind eye to the candy eating I know will take place momentarily). Finally, we allowed them into the living room to see what Santa brought. DH and I stood back and watched them squeal and jump up and down. It was exactly what we had wished for. I knew it was a success when one of the twins paused from unloading her stocking to proclaim, "This is the Christmas of my dreams!" A phrase she repeated over and over, as each present was opened.

Later we went to Church and enjoyed a beautiful musical program. In the afternoon, the kids enjoyed their loot while DH and I enjoyed a well earned nap. Then we went to my SIL's house for Christmas dinner. We ate till we burst, and then we just enjoyed visiting with each other. I have a niece who was born on Christmas Day, so after dinner, the time was devoted to her birthday celebration. It was a great day, but I'm glad it's over for another 364 days. Now it's on to planning Easter!

I hope everyone else had a wonderful day! I hope that your kiddies are all well, or at least a little better! I've missed chatting with you all, but have understood that at this time of the year, family comes first!

Glynis
12-26-2005, 01:03 PM
Hi Glynis - fairy cakes are I suppose what you would call cup cakes - they are small sponge cakes in individual wrappers and you can decorate them with icing and sweets.

Here are some pictures:

http://members.aol.com/ivycleartoes/faecakes.jpg

http://www.crumbscakes.co.uk/Assets/Homepage/fairy_lovehearts.JPG

They're realy easy to make. Here's a recipe:

Fairy Cakes
Makes 24 mini cakes or 12 larger ones.
For mini cakes you will need a 12 hole tartlet tin (these are 5cm at the rim and 1 1/2 cm deep) and you will need to use it twice. For larger cakes use a 12-hole bun tin (these are 6 1/2 cm at the rim and 2cm deep). You can use the little paper cases according to the size tin you have. If not, butter the base and sides of the holes before filling with the mixture.

125g / 4 1/2 oz softened butter
125g / 4 1/2 oz caster sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
125g / 4 1/2 oz self-raising flour
2 tbsp milk

Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas mark 5. Either butter the tin or place the paper cases in the holes (see above). In a mixing bowl beat the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. You can use an electric whisk or a wooden spoon.
Add the beaten egg, a little at a time, whisking to incorporate, then beat in the vanilla.
Sift in half of the flour and fold into the mixture. Add the milk and the rest of the flour and fold until well combined.
Spoon into the tin and bake for 12 minutes or until risen and golden on top. Allow to cool for ten minutes on a rack before removing from the tin.

**I think the bun tin must be what you guys would cook muffins in - and your muffins tend to come in the same paper cases.**

You can also make butterfly cakes by cutting out a piece off the top of the cake and slicing it in half to make the wings - and then putting some butter cream in the top of the cakes and sticking the wings into it - they look quite cute too.

http://www.electricpenguin.com/blatherings/pics/2001-06/010628butterflycakes.jpg

Thanks for this. I ought to be able to come up with something quite "fairy" with this. I'm making her some flower fairies, and she and her friends will watch the movie "A Fairy Tale" about the 2 girls from England who "captured" photos of fairies. Any other ideas?

my3princes
12-26-2005, 01:16 PM
I feel much better today. I have spent the morning trying to put things away and starting to pick up the mess that Christmas always leaves behind. The boys are quite content playing with all their new games. I hope to get out shopping for a couple of hours. DM calles to say that Home Depot is already 75% off. I have to work tonight, Wed and Thursday night as well as New Years Eve. That doesn't leave a lot of after christmas sale time for me. :sad2: I guess I'll save money this way.

Glad to hear that most people had an enjoyable Christmas. I think we all have small glitches every year, but it usually works out.

Deb

itslisa
12-26-2005, 01:19 PM
BTW, John knocked our entire tree over entire tree last night. I lost several of my favorite ornaments in the collision.

Js an fyi ..... since DS was little, we have used fishing line to tether the tree. It probably won't help much for a major collision, but it has saved the tree a few times.

I have my grandmother's ornaments. I hate to see any of them broken. :( When Ben was little, I used to use the Super Gate -- that eight panel thing -- and put it aroundth tree!

itslisa
12-26-2005, 01:27 PM
Both, the dentist knows to get done very fast. I just cannot stand to have anything done in or on my head. I would even be laughing (hysterically) when at the point of a perm when the water is poured over my head with the curlers still in. Just could not take that feeling. :rotfl2:

Ok .... I was going to tell you I bring a portable tape or CD player with me to the dentist. I can't stand it either, but the music helps. You certainly can't hear the office music when in the chair, but having the headphones on, I can blast it and give myself something else to concentrate on.

I usually close my eyes and the dentist and I have worked out where he taps my arm if he needs my attention -- open wider or whatever. It helps some.

itslisa
12-26-2005, 01:41 PM

I just PM'd everyone .....

itslisa
12-26-2005, 01:43 PM
Me too, Lisa! I've only got a few days left on my photopass, and they're expensive.

No doubt! I was so mad after our trip in February when I realized just HOW expensive they were .. and all the time we wasted letting them photograph us! Boy was I ticked!

Then, we (DH and I) put our heads together. We try to stay on the side of good ......

itslisa
12-26-2005, 01:48 PM
hopeful for some good sleep since for the last few years our kids haven't awakened before 8:00. Not so this year. At 5:00 all 4 were awake and clamoring for us to get up.

Don't know if Santa wraps at your house .... but this *may* help next year. We were always allowed to head downstairs at whatever time, but Mom & Dad could not be woken until 8am. We were allowed to look in our stocking and play with anything in the stocking. We were not allowed to open presents until Mom & Dad came down too.

It worked well for DS this year too. He can read time ... so I pointed out the clock. I woke early but DH didn't. DS had a grand time with his stocking and DH got a bit more shut-eye.

itslisa
12-26-2005, 01:50 PM
DM calles to say that Home Depot is already 75% off.

Awesome! I am in a search for a SLIM tree for next year!!!!

itslisa
12-26-2005, 01:52 PM
Alright .... walking away again. :) Really need to get OUT of my jammies and pack. LOL I had to go to Circuit City this morning - for 8am ... I actually through jeans OVER my jammies!!!!!

He wanted a laptop and was NOT going to be shut out like on Black Friday!

Blueeyes101817
12-26-2005, 02:10 PM
No doubt! I was so mad after our trip in February when I realized just HOW expensive they were .. and all the time we wasted letting them photograph us! Boy was I ticked!

Then, we (DH and I) put our heads together. We try to stay on the side of good ......

i like your hint ;)

When i go and the photopass people are taking the pictures, i ask them to take one with my camera too--they have always said yes, and i am able to have a picture even though i may not buy the photopass

itslisa
12-26-2005, 02:21 PM
i like your hint ;)

When i go and the photopass people are taking the pictures, i ask them to take one with my camera too--they have always said yes, and i am able to have a picture even though i may not buy the photopass

Yes - haven't had a problem with the majority. But, I found that many of their pictures were better than mine. Not because of the camera - because the pics I had taken were OK. Probably because they were rushing taking the pics with our camera???

Plus .... they do have the fun add-ons with PhotoPass ......

itslisa
12-26-2005, 02:50 PM
Still have to post pics from our trip ....
but this is what I used for our Christmas cards ....

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c319/pxydust/christmasmickey.jpg

Glynis
12-26-2005, 03:00 PM
Don't know if Santa wraps at your house .... but this *may* help next year. We were always allowed to head downstairs at whatever time, but Mom & Dad could not be woken until 8am. We were allowed to look in our stocking and play with anything in the stocking. We were not allowed to open presents until Mom & Dad came down too.

It worked well for DS this year too. He can read time ... so I pointed out the clock. I woke early but DH didn't. DS had a grand time with his stocking and DH got a bit more shut-eye.

That's a good idea, except, DH is a photographer for a local news station, and is always asked to video our kids on Christmas morning for some atmosphere shots. So, we all have to be up and ready to be photographed. It wasn't really too bad, though. I would have hated to miss the looks on the kids faces, too.

itslisa
12-26-2005, 03:13 PM
That's a good idea, except, DH is a photographer for a local news station, and is always asked to video our kids on Christmas morning for some atmosphere shots. So, we all have to be up and ready to be photographed. It wasn't really too bad, though. I would have hated to miss the looks on the kids faces, too.

Uh ... no .... I am NOT looking beautiful on Christmas morning! LOL Never happen at my house! LOL

And you mentioned about breakfast. Years ago my sister and I compained we could NOT eat two dinner anymore! We convinced our Mom to do Christmas breakfast instead of dinner. We used to have eggs and stuff ... but also had pies and cookies with eggnog! (mom was not about to be cheated by the fun stuff) This year breakfast was bagels, cream cheese, Grands cinnamon rolls, juice, coffee and Christmas cookies! As you can see, I sort of toss out nutrition on Christmas day. :)

Brendita
12-26-2005, 03:20 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a10/Brendita93056/44745.jpg
HOS
Afternoon all.
Hope everyone had a great Christmas.
My Christmas wish.
Every one that was sick was to get well.

DH gave DS a new Playstation 2 & some games.
DH gave me $60.00 in a white envelope he did wrap it.
He always puts some much heart into my gifts. :rolleyes1
Here's a picture of what I spend it on.
I finally got a tree that lights up & plays music. :Pinkbounc
I gave DS the complete tv series dvd sets of :
Rescue Rangers, Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, Talespin, Gargoyles.
Not to mention the kitten & 2 weeks @ WDW he already received.
I gave DH a leather case for his new phone & his favorite chocolates.
All in all it wasn't a bad Christmas.
I just wish it could have been more heart felt.
If you know what I mean.
Just cold. :cold:

itslisa
12-26-2005, 03:30 PM
OK ... where do I go with this?

DH just SUCKS at gift giving!!! I can't remember te last time I got something nice for a birthday / anniversary / etc ..... DH KNOWS I am disapointed but I can't seem to make him "get it". His birthday is in January and I am ready to buy him socks!!!!!!!

I got a pair of pajamas (pink - ugh!)
a nightgown
a bathrobe like granny wears!!!

WHAT is this man's problem??????????? After nearly biting my tongue in half all day, I finally said something. He said he got it for me cause I am cold. Oy! I have a drawer full of jammies. I hate pink. I never wear nightgowns. and I already have TWO bathrobes!!!!

This is the man I am actually married to! You'd think he never met me!!!! Uh oh! as Brendita says "HOS" .. .sending!

Glynis
12-26-2005, 03:31 PM
Uh ... no .... I am NOT looking beautiful on Christmas morning! LOL Never happen at my house! LOL

And you mentioned about breakfast. Years ago my sister and I compained we could NOT eat two dinner anymore! We convinced our Mom to do Christmas breakfast instead of dinner. We used to have eggs and stuff ... but also had pies and cookies with eggnog! (mom was not about to be cheated by the fun stuff) This year breakfast was bagels, cream cheese, Grands cinnamon rolls, juice, coffee and Christmas cookies! As you can see, I sort of toss out nutrition on Christmas day. :)

DH is under strict orders NOT to film me at all!!!!

As for breakfast, the kids have toast and O.J., and then we open stockings. While the kids are doing that, I put the overnight French Toast in the oven. This year I tried a new recipe, Praline French Toast. I didn't have any, but DH said it was yummy! I also made a delicious, grape salad, caramelized bacon twists, and hot apple cider. We pigged out on all that and then the kids went back to the candy. I generally throw nutrition out the window on Christmas day, too. It's one of the only days a year I will let my kids eat candy before noon. Easter's another one.

Brendita
12-26-2005, 03:33 PM
??? for all in Atlanta Georgia area.
The Co. I work for now has 48 properties in the Alanta area.
I work for Equity Apartments is anyone is familer with them.
I would like information on the best areas to choose.
Schools DH will be entering Jr. High.
Shopping, quiet, low crime, cost of living.

Central east north west south
Perimeter NE NW SE SW

Brendita
12-26-2005, 04:04 PM
Anyone have some shopping left.
Here's some discount codes for Disney on-line.
10% off = WINTERFUN05
Expires 12/31/5
5x's Disney reward Points (must use disney Visa) = 511654
Expires 1/15/6

Steffy
12-26-2005, 04:12 PM
Just got home from DD's house. Really had a wonderful time. Ended up that there was only eight adults and 2 children. Good food and good times. Youngest grandson was teething, so he was not a happy camper. Wanted his mother and would not go to anyone else. Our youngest son was trying to teach DH and DBIL Canasta. Finally we started opening presents. Everyone got really nice gifts.
The biggest surprise was DD and DDIL got together and apparently found a large frame with Disney World spelled out and Mickey ears before and after the words. And just like one of the shirt designs, put pictures in each letter from our trip that Steffy had taken. Naturally, I did the ugly cry (thank goodness I do not wear makeup any more) :rotfl:
Apparently they got together with Steffy and she provided pictures for them to chose from. I was completely blown away with the surprise. I plan to hang it in the Dining room where I can see it everyday while I am on the puter chatting with fellow DISers.
By 9pm DH and I were getting sleepy so we bid our good byes.

I hope everyone else had a good day. I can relate with the in-laws. My MIL did not come as she is really having a hard time getting around at her age. But it was nice without her because she tends to say things that after all these years, I think I am old enough to remember how to do it by now :rotfl:

Love to all. Terry

pg 1296

So glad to be a part of that. I knew when they asked me for pictures, it would be waterworks city at your home Christmas day..... :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Steffy
12-26-2005, 04:14 PM
All I can say is thank goodness Christmas is over!!

I am exhausted and just want to rest now!!

Julia and Nick were so sweet and so excited with every present - one time tonight Julia opened something and said to DH's aunt - "How did you know this was on my DREAM list!?!?!" You could just see everyone's heart melt when she said it! ...snip

pg 1296

I'm waiting to find out where we are going to celebrate DGD's birthday. So the celebration continues at my house.... :goodvibes :goodvibes

Steffy
12-26-2005, 04:24 PM
Kevin and Amy… what a great picture!!!

Rosiejo… love the fairy cakes.

Jennifer, If Denise hadn’t found it, I would have braved the day after Christmas crowd to find one for you!

Feel better Dumby!!

So really sorry about your tree Denise!! :sad: :sad: Is there anything I can do? One I could find for you??

Glynis, your holiday sounds wonderful!

Itslisa, I love the picture of your son and Mickey!

Hi Brenda! I love your new tree…

I'm offically caught up I think....

Now it's Happy Birthday DGD time!!! :bday: :cake:

All of you sick DDA's get better now!!! :love:

Pooh67_68
12-26-2005, 04:52 PM
Denise, sorry about you tree. :grouphug:

Brendita
12-26-2005, 04:54 PM
To all with upside trees.
Every year I had a cat & tree.
Even with being declawed they would climb.
Crashing tree to the ground.
So I think I'll stay with the little table top 1's.
Sorry to hear that some of you have had broken decorations.

poohangel
12-26-2005, 07:09 PM
I hope that everyone had a very merry christmas. I am so far behind, hope to catch up soon.

triplefigs
12-26-2005, 07:24 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/IMG_1525.jpg (http://photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/?)[/url]

[url="http://photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/?"]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/IMG_1526.jpg (http://photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/?action=view&current=IMG_1525.jpg)

Jennifer,

I hope this is the right one! We got it tonight. I'll go ship it for you tomorrow.

Denise

triplefigs
12-26-2005, 07:29 PM
Thanks everyone for the good thoughts about the tree. I lost 3 ornaments I really cared about that I cannot replace easily. They are real eggs (just the shells) that are hand painted. DH and I got them in Salzburg, Austria in 1999 for our last big trip together before kids. (That's the trip I got pg). So, I am sad about those.

My mom has a friend living in Germany (works for FedEx), and she travels a lot. She's going to see if she'll go to Salzburg for me to get a few ornaments for next year. I just told DH that now he owed me another trip to buy new ornaments! :rotfl2: BTW, Salzburg is the most romantic and beautiful city I've ever seen!

Oh, and DH and I just bought the most gorgeous tree at Pottery Barn while we at the mall. It is 9ft tall, has over 1000 lights, and is absolutely magnificent. Originally it was $500, and we got it for $200! Great deal, and now I'm ready for next year!

Pooh67_68
12-26-2005, 07:45 PM
If your mom's friend can't or won't get them, try eBay.

julia & nicks mom
12-26-2005, 07:52 PM
Thanks everyone for the good thoughts about the tree. I lost 3 ornaments I really cared about that I cannot replace easily. They are real eggs (just the shells) that are hand painted. DH and I got them in Salzburg, Austria in 1999 for our last big trip together before kids. (That's the trip I got pg). So, I am sad about those.

My mom has a friend living in Germany (works for FedEx), and she travels a lot. She's going to see if she'll go to Salzburg for me to get a few ornaments for next year. I just told DH that now he owed me another trip to buy new ornaments! :rotfl2: BTW, Salzburg is the most romantic and beautiful city I've ever seen!

Oh, and DH and I just bought the most gorgeous tree at Pottery Barn while we at the mall. It is 9ft tall, has over 1000 lights, and is absolutely magnificent. Originally it was $500, and we got it for $200! Great deal, and now I'm ready for next year!

I am sorry you lost the ornaments that mean so much to you!! I hope that you can get another one!1

I am so happy you are back!! I really missed you!!!

triplefigs
12-26-2005, 07:58 PM
I am so happy you are back!! I really missed you!!!

You have no idea how much I missed you all! Let the chatting begin after my family leaves in the am! :hyper2:

lmartin2711
12-26-2005, 09:57 PM
??? for all in Atlanta Georgia area.
The Co. I work for now has 48 properties in the Alanta area.
I work for Equity Apartments is anyone is familer with them.
I would like information on the best areas to choose.
Schools DH will be entering Jr. High.
Shopping, quiet, low crime, cost of living.

Central east north west south
Perimeter NE NW SE SW

Brenda........be sure you check with Denise but my opinion is avoid the West to SouthWest of Atlanta. Denise is more the North part of Atlanta and I am East of Atlanta past Stone Mountain. I love my area and the school system my boys are in is Gwinnett County.....The Grayson Cluster. Denise is in Alpharetta which also has some good schools.

Hope that helps.........Lynn

tinker1bell
12-26-2005, 10:21 PM
Hi All,

I included a picture of the gift my kids gave me for Christmas, one of me in front of the Castle, (on photo pass it was supposed to have Tink on my shoulder) :sad2: and one of my youngest grandson with our Santa last year. Santa gets his hair done every morning :rotfl:

http://photobucket.com/albums/c302/tinker1bell/

tink2020
12-26-2005, 10:24 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/IMG_1525.jpg (http://photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/?)[/url]

[url="http://photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/?"]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/IMG_1526.jpg (http://photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/?action=view&current=IMG_1525.jpg)

Jennifer,

I hope this is the right one! We got it tonight. I'll go ship it for you tomorrow.

Denise

Oh, it's PERFECT! Thank you so much :grouphug: :wizard: :teeth: :goodvibes

julia & nicks mom
12-26-2005, 10:29 PM
OMG!!

Julia is in FULL melt down mode - I can't calm her down to get her in bed - I finally just left her sobbing in the other room!

We definately had WAY too much to do this weekend!

tink2020
12-26-2005, 10:47 PM
OMG!!

Julia is in FULL melt down mode - I can't calm her down to get her in bed - I finally just left her sobbing in the other room!

We definately had WAY too much to do this weekend!

Oh no! I still get like that, and I'm even older than Julia. Must be a girl thing :confused3 Good luck. A good night's sleep and hopefully she'll be her normal self :goodvibes

Steffy -- thank you for being willing to get my ornament if Denise hadn't beat you :goodvibes

Denise -- thanks again, you're awesome!

Everyone else -- it was good to hear about your Christmas stories. I couldn't update too much (and might not for a little while) because I'm fighting off/working through a meltdown or two myself.... I'll still be reading to keep some sanity, but I haven't had much to say. Thanks for posting though, I can't wait to hear more details, see pictures, etc :goodvibes

Goodnight all!

miss missy
12-26-2005, 10:50 PM
OK ... where do I go with this?

DH just SUCKS at gift giving!!! I can't remember te last time I got something nice for a birthday / anniversary / etc ..... DH KNOWS I am disapointed but I can't seem to make him "get it". His birthday is in January and I am ready to buy him socks!!!!!!!

I got a pair of pajamas (pink - ugh!)
a nightgown
a bathrobe like granny wears!!!

WHAT is this man's problem??????????? After nearly biting my tongue in half all day, I finally said something. He said he got it for me cause I am cold. Oy! I have a drawer full of jammies. I hate pink. I never wear nightgowns. and I already have TWO bathrobes!!!!

This is the man I am actually married to! You'd think he never met me!!!! Uh oh! as Brendita says "HOS" .. .sending!

Do NOT get me going! DH sux at xmas! He gripped about getting me what I wanted... a massage! He said thats stupid. DUH I am telling you what I want! He got it, but he wasn't happy. He wanted to get me jelewry, I dont want it or wear it. He always has a "reject pile" for what I give him.. this year, I got him NOTHING, 5 things, he gripped anyway. He is an idiot. I am joining the stupid DH crowd when it comes to xmas gifting!