PDA

View Full Version : ***Disney Design Addict's Chit Chat,Designs and Pixie Dust! Everybody WELCOME!*** Part 5

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

triplefigs
12-19-2005, 09:53 PM
From my mom.

Two tall trees, a birch and a beech, are growing in the woods. A small treebegins to grow between them, and the beech says to the birch, "Is that ason of a beech or a son of a birch?"The birch says he cannot tell.Just then a woodpecker lands on the sapling.The birch says, "Woodpecker, you are a tree expert. Can you tell if that isa son of a beech or a son of a birch?"The woodpecker takes a taste of the small tree. He replies, "It is neither a son of a beech nor a son of a birch. It is, however, the best piece ofash I have ever put my pecker in."

julia & nicks mom
12-19-2005, 09:54 PM
And we wonder where Julia gets it? ;)
I think I put up with a lot from Julia b/c I know she comes by it honestly!

triplefigs
12-19-2005, 09:54 PM
Look, I was finally able to get a picture in my signature!! trust me it was a challenge! :)

Well I am off to wrap my DH's presents..kids are asleep, DH ran out for some things at the grocery so I should have about half an hour to get the gifts wrapped..Goodnight all..

Great picture! Your kids are adorable.

triplefigs
12-19-2005, 09:55 PM
I think I put up with a lot from Julia b/c I know she comes by it honestly!

Well, she got her looks from you too. And what a good mommy you are! Making shirts because she can't decide...

triplefigs
12-19-2005, 09:56 PM
Elin, Tammi, etc --- are any of you online during your trip?

Denise --- what number did you call for Merchandising?

It is 407-363-6200

triplefigs
12-19-2005, 09:57 PM
Clare -

What wonderful pictures. I think my favorite is the two of you in front of the water giggling at each other. The candids are my favorite (but don't tell Kate's grandma).

Those pictures are great, Clare!

triplefigs
12-19-2005, 09:57 PM
Boy, it's quiet tonigt!

tink2020
12-19-2005, 09:58 PM
It is 407-363-6200

Thanks! I already thought of something I forgot to pick up for my sister :blush:

julia & nicks mom
12-19-2005, 09:58 PM
From my mom.

Two tall trees, a birch and a beech, are growing in the woods. A small treebegins to grow between them, and the beech says to the birch, "Is that ason of a beech or a son of a birch?"The birch says he cannot tell.Just then a woodpecker lands on the sapling.The birch says, "Woodpecker, you are a tree expert. Can you tell if that isa son of a beech or a son of a birch?"The woodpecker takes a taste of the small tree. He replies, "It is neither a son of a beech nor a son of a birch. It is, however, the best piece ofash I have ever put my pecker in."

:rotfl:

triplefigs
12-19-2005, 09:59 PM
I made the pretzel wreaths with the Rollos and Pecans tonight. They are delicious. I bet there won't be any left by the time my parents get here on Friday, and I will have gained 10 pounds!

ETA:

http://www.glittermaker.com/created/10457254.gif (http://www.glittermaker.com/)

ksoehrlein
12-19-2005, 10:00 PM
Boy, it's quiet tonigt!
It is, and I'm kinda glad. I'm back at the office. All by myself. I've got a TON to do, so thanks for keeping it down. I'll pop in every now and again when I get lonely, though.

tink2020
12-19-2005, 10:00 PM
Well, all of my pictures are are on my computer at least! (FINALLY!) Tomorrow I'll work on trip reports and uploading them to photobucket.... I hate that part. I could have had more done, but I spent the last few hours deciding which DVC resort I would want :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Too bad by the time we buy for real, there may be new ones! Oh, well.... it's an awful lot of fun. :goodvibes

dumby
12-19-2005, 10:01 PM
From my mom.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

julia & nicks mom
12-19-2005, 10:02 PM
Well, she got her looks from you too. And what a good mommy you are! Making shirts because she can't decide...

:blush:

I do a lot things to keep the peace!! :rotfl:

we went to a gingerbread house making party the other night so I made them shirts with Mickey and Minnie with the gingerbread border - they looked adorable - althought I might be a bit biased!

add that to the list of things Kate can't do - our gingerbread house fell apart - in my defense - we rented the church hall and no one knew we needed a mixer or measuring spoons for the icing so we guessed on how much water to add - I put in too much and the icing was too thin to keep the house together!! :rotfl:

dumby
12-19-2005, 10:08 PM
Hello everyone.
I'm just catching up on the chat from last night - wanted to send :grouphug: to BK and Colby - hope they're both on the mend.

:rotfl: to Kate's grandma - she's hysterical! You should hire her out :rotfl2:

I managed to reload my photos to a different site - so if anyone is interested in seeing more photos of my wedding go here: http://www.pixagogo.com/6035375161

And finally welcome back Jennifer - see you've been catching up :teeth: can't wait to read your trip report.

:cheer2:

You pics are great. You made a lovely bride.

julia & nicks mom
12-19-2005, 10:09 PM
Well, all of my pictures are are on my computer at least! (FINALLY!) Tomorrow I'll work on trip reports and uploading them to photobucket.... I hate that part. I could have had more done, but I spent the last few hours deciding which DVC resort I would want :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Too bad by the time we buy for real, there may be new ones! Oh, well.... it's an awful lot of fun. :goodvibes
Hate to break this to you - I could have saved you a lot of trouble:

you want to buy at Saratoga Springs - they have 50 year cotnracts now and all the other resorts are less - you will get longer than if you go with a resale and since you are so young you will want -

tink2020
12-19-2005, 10:13 PM
Hate to break this to you - I could have saved you a lot of trouble:

you want to buy at Saratoga Springs - they have 50 year cotnracts now and all the other resorts are less - you will get longer than if you go with a resale and since you are so young you will want -

Is that where you guys own? I was just browsing all of them. We actually have stayed at BCV (someone gifted points) and loved that, too.... but it seems easy enough to stay at various ones. Saratoga Springs seems nice, and I did see the longer contracts available. I really shouldn't waste my time with this. Although he said "why wouldn't we" buy into it, I'm sure things like moving and buying a house have to come first. Whatever..... :rotfl:

triplefigs
12-19-2005, 10:13 PM
I just realized I had post 19,000! I edited it.

tink2020
12-19-2005, 10:14 PM

Lol! I didn't even notice. I knew earlier we were within 20-something, then I forgot! Congrats :rotfl: :rotfl:

lmartin2711
12-19-2005, 10:15 PM
Hi Guys :wave:

Just popping in to say Hello.......we went to the movies tonight to see Narnia!!!! We loved it!!!

I hope everyone is mending and feeling better soon.

Lynn

triplefigs
12-19-2005, 10:16 PM
Night all. Heading to bed to catch up on some much needed sleep!

julia & nicks mom
12-19-2005, 10:16 PM

we are really slipping!! Did you see you have 3800 posts too!!!

Blueeyes101817
12-19-2005, 10:17 PM
woohoooo 190000!!

After tomorrow--finals are over and i will be here more :)

Wanted to ask you guys for some good thoughts/ prayers....
I posted on friday about my niece being born (my best friends daughter)..She was supposed to come home today from the hospital, but was not able to due to jaundice and some other things....they are hoping to send her home tomorrow, but possibly not...if not, im going to the hospital to bring my friend and his girlfriend some food and to see my niece :) if you guys could, can you please spare some thoughts or prayers that she is able to leave the hospital soon!
thanks

julia & nicks mom
12-19-2005, 10:18 PM
Is that where you guys own? I was just browsing all of them. We actually have stayed at BCV (someone gifted points) and loved that, too.... but it seems easy enough to stay at various ones. Saratoga Springs seems nice, and I did see the longer contracts available. I really shouldn't waste my time with this. Although he said "why wouldn't we" buy into it, I'm sure things like moving and buying a house have to come first. Whatever..... :rotfl:
we own at Wilderness lodge - I HATE it!!

I like to feel like I am in Florida and there I felt like I was in the Mountains - I love boardwalk and that whole area - just more me!

anyway - I think SS would give you that FL feel -they say as they add on it will be harder and harder to stay anywhere but your home resort - but I have never had a problem with the 7 month window -

I would definately go for the longer contract!!

triplefigs
12-19-2005, 10:22 PM
woohoooo 190000!!

I posted on friday about my niece being born (my best friends daughter)..She was supposed to come home today from the hospital, but was not able to due to jaundice and some other things....they are hoping to send her home tomorrow, but possibly not...if not, im going to the hospital to bring my friend and his girlfriend some food and to see my niece :) if you guys could, can you please spare some thoughts or prayers that she is able to leave the hospital soon!
thanks

Sending prayers your way for your niece!

triplefigs
12-19-2005, 10:23 PM
we are really slipping!! Did you see you have 3800 posts too!!!

I'm getting closer to that 4000 mark!

ReAnSt
12-19-2005, 10:28 PM
So I see I missed post 19,000. See I told you I would never get a milestone. I have been reading through some Disneyland info on the Dis, also looking at some pictures and downloading fonts and so I missed yet another milestone. :rotfl2:

Although I did find a very x-rated font while I was downloading fonts. Why anyone would want this is beyond me. :rotfl2: :confused3 Go to fonts (http://www.abstractfonts.com/fonts/userlists.php?l=Perfect&p=1&a=1). Scroll all the way to the last font at the bottom of the page. It is called erotica. It had me :rotfl: that someone created it.

You never know what you are going to find no matter what you are doing.

Becky

ReAnSt
12-19-2005, 10:30 PM
Sending pixie dust for your niece. I hope see gets better quickly so she can go home a few days before Christmas.

Becky

Blueeyes101817
12-19-2005, 10:30 PM
So I see I missed post 19,000. See I told you I would never get a milestone. I have been reading through some Disneyland info on the Dis, also looking at some pictures and downloading fonts and so I missed yet another milestone. :rotfl2:

Although I did find a very x-rated font while I was downloading fonts. Why anyone would want this is beyond me. :rotfl2: :confused3 Go to fonts (http://www.abstractfonts.com/fonts/userlists.php?l=Perfect&p=1&a=1). Scroll all the way to the last font at the bottom of the page. It is called erotica. It had me :rotfl: that someone created it.

Becky

OMG :rotfl:

Blueeyes101817
12-19-2005, 10:31 PM
and thanks denise and becky--i know its not anythign big, but im all worried now! hopefully ill be able to see her tomorrow

julia & nicks mom
12-19-2005, 10:33 PM
Pixie dust sent!!

Jaundice is so hard to keep track of on your own! They sent Nick home a little jaundiced and it freaked me out - I would have much rather had him monitored in the hospital!!

my3princes
12-19-2005, 10:35 PM
Well, with BK so sick (and now Davis and Rees have horrible colds) I'm tired and mending slowly. My Diabetes is keeping me down some too. But, I'm definitely better!

Christmas is this week and my family is coming and I got to go to Disney and the kids are so excited and DH will be off work starting Wed and my kids are home from school so I get to spend some extra time with them... So life Is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!

Great Attitude

Deb

ReAnSt
12-19-2005, 10:37 PM
Denise, I hope you and all of your kids and husband get healthy and stay healthy.

Becky

bengalbelle
12-19-2005, 10:39 PM
From my mom.

OMG :rotfl: that sounds like a joke my mom would tell :rotfl:

tink2020
12-19-2005, 10:41 PM
woohoooo 190000!!

thanks

Sending pixie dust their way! Keep us posted!

my3princes
12-19-2005, 10:43 PM
woohoooo 190000!!

thanks

Here is some :wizard: :wizard: and some :grouphug: :grouphug: for your niece and for your exams. Jaundice is a tough one, all three of mine had it and it is much better to completely deal with it now than to have to go back in a few days for the bili lights. Best wishes for you both.

Deb

tink2020
12-19-2005, 10:48 PM
we own at Wilderness lodge - I HATE it!!

I like to feel like I am in Florida and there I felt like I was in the Mountains - I love boardwalk and that whole area - just more me!

anyway - I think SS would give you that FL feel -they say as they add on it will be harder and harder to stay anywhere but your home resort - but I have never had a problem with the 7 month window -

I would definately go for the longer contract!!

Well, I think we'll have to check them out someday, but I"m with you -- I would DEFINITELY want to feel like I was at least somewhere like Florida! :goodvibes

Tinkaroo
12-19-2005, 11:06 PM
Jen - lots of PD and prayers for your niece! I know how freaked out new parents can get when their baby has to stay longer in the hospital, and here's hoping that everyone gets plenty of rest and care while in the hospital, but get to come home soon!

tink2020
12-19-2005, 11:11 PM
Hey guys!

Here's the link to my t-shirt thread :goodvibes

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=10909378#post10909378

disneyeveryyear
12-19-2005, 11:13 PM
Brantley-Kate is feeling better finally! :cool1: She slept with me last night so I could keep an eye on her. She did well with the Phenergan (it knocked her out). Today, she actually wanted some breakfast which was the first bite of food she's had since last Wednesday! She ate a little at lunch and dinner and kept it all down. She perked up some and seemed to be better.

The antibiotic seems to be helping some too. Her cough was much calmer today, and she wasn't gasping for air. Thanks for all the good wishes!

Denise

Denise - What a relief. Glad to know she is feeling better.

How are you and the boys?

julia & nicks mom
12-19-2005, 11:15 PM
this afternoon about 100 birds landed in our front yard - Julia and Nick were fascinated - particularly Nick

he starts yelling

shoo shoo birdies (sound more like bordies) shoo shoo

he did this for about 10 minutes until every last bird had left our yard -

then he started yelling

back birdies back birdies :rotfl:

ksoehrlein
12-19-2005, 11:27 PM
this afternoon about 100 birds landed in our front yard - Julia and Nick were fascinated - particularly Nick

he starts yelling

shoo shoo birdies (sound more like bordies) shoo shoo

he did this for about 10 minutes until every last bird had left our yard -

then he started yelling

back birdies back birdies :rotfl:
Your Nick needs to get together with my Richard. We went to the beach this July when he was 27 months old. He spent hours chasing the seagulls, trying to play with them, all the while going, "C'mere ducks! Come back, ducks!"

bear74
12-20-2005, 12:22 AM
My day started off ok, got to sleep in and then headed out to shop. Even the shopping went well and I think I've pretty much finished my Christmas shopping. That's when the day turned for the worse. I was checking out of the last store, planning to go home and wrap. DH called and told me that Colby (ds3) had cut his face while riding the snowmobile with dh. It was bad enough that he thought we should take him to the ER. He required 5 stitches. We had to wait nearly 2 hours to be seen, then had to physically hold him down while they numbed the area and did the stitches. He has been out of it since. He is just laying around. The area of his face (cheek area to the left of his mouth) is really swollen as is his lip. It seemed to swell after all the numbing shots (and there were tons). He is drooling all over himself. Poor little guy. It was such a freak accident. They were riding on our lawn and hit a little bump. He slid forward and hit his cheek on the toggle switch for the handwarmers. They hadn't been outside for more than 10 minutes. We ride all winter long (we all wear helmets on the trails) and we have never gotten hurt. DH didn't put his helmet on as they were staying on the lawn and not riding hard or fast. Now we know that we must all wear helmets all the time. He in now on antibiotic 3 times a day and we have to go back in 2 days for a suture check and on Friday to have them removed. Looks like my week just got a little busier.

ETA: http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a240/my3princes/colbycheek.jpg

Deb
poor baby! hugs that he gets well soon.

bear74
12-20-2005, 12:27 AM
Just got home from the ER with Brantley-Kate. She is still vomiting and having diarrhea. Gave her an IV and Phenergan. Also changed the antibiotic for her sinus infection and did breathing treatments. Poor thing has lost 4 pounds this week. Gotta go, she's sick again.
poor BK hugs to her. hope she gets better soon.

bear74
12-20-2005, 12:34 AM
[QUOTE=Baloo]Hi everybody!

Just wanted to say hello before off to bed.I have been so busy this weekend.
Tomorrow is Erich's last day before Christmas break.His class sold ponsiettas and raised money to shop for 6 needy kids they adopted.So tomorrow morning there will be around 69 5th graders in Walmart! OY!:earseek: TG I'll only be in charge of 4!! :rolleyes: After we're done shopping we'll be going back to school to wrap the gifts then have pizza and a party.I made 4 dozen cookies tonight.I'd never done it before but I made cookies from cake mix.Love them,they're so easy and quick to do. Perfect for school kids!

I also made these dough (non edible) ornaments for Erich's teachers...they sorta look like each teacher! :teeth:

Mr Goodson (he really is short!) Mrs Evatt (she's a doll in RL,her favorite color is purple),Mrs Ross (she has a frog on her shirt,she's the Science teacher) And Mrs Oliver (she's about 6 ft tall,is a rabid Tennessee fan and has curly blonde hair...we call it disco ball hair!!! :rotfl:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b196/Baloo1320/100_4903.jpg

cute ornaments

bear74
12-20-2005, 12:50 AM
Sitting by the window of her convent, Sister Barbara opened a letter from home one evening. Inside the letter was a $100 bill her parents had sent.

Sister Barbara smiled at the gesture. As she read the letter by the window, she noticed a shabbily dressed stranger leaning against the lamp post below.

Quickly, she wrote, "Don't despair. Sister Barbara," on a piece of paper, wrapped the $100 bill in it, got the man's attention and tossed it out the window to him. The stranger picked it up, and with a puzzled expression and a tip of his hat, went off down the street.

The next day, Sister Barbara was told that a man was at her door, insisting on seeing her. She went down, and found the stranger waiting. Without a word, he handed her a huge wad of $100 bills.

"What's this?" she asked. "That's the $8,000 you have coming Sister," he replied. "Don't Despair paid 80-to-1."
DH and I are both laughing. ( smilies not working for me tonight.)

bear74
12-20-2005, 12:52 AM
Look, I was finally able to get a picture in my signature!! trust me it was a challenge! :)

Well I am off to wrap my DH's presents..kids are asleep, DH ran out for some things at the grocery so I should have about half an hour to get the gifts wrapped..Goodnight all..
cute kids.

bear74
12-20-2005, 12:57 AM
I made the pretzel wreaths with the Rollos and Pecans tonight. They are delicious. I bet there won't be any left by the time my parents get here on Friday, and I will have gained 10 pounds!

ETA:

congrats!!!!!!!!!!

MidNite
12-20-2005, 01:03 AM
My day started off ok, got to sleep in and then headed out to shop. Even the shopping went well and I think I've pretty much finished my Christmas shopping. That's when the day turned for the worse. I was checking out of the last store, planning to go home and wrap. DH called and told me that Colby (ds3) had cut his face while riding the snowmobile with dh. It was bad enough that he thought we should take him to the ER. He required 5 stitches. We had to wait nearly 2 hours to be seen, then had to physically hold him down while they numbed the area and did the stitches. He has been out of it since. He is just laying around. The area of his face (cheek area to the left of his mouth) is really swollen as is his lip. It seemed to swell after all the numbing shots (and there were tons). He is drooling all over himself. Poor little guy. It was such a freak accident. They were riding on our lawn and hit a little bump. He slid forward and hit his cheek on the toggle switch for the handwarmers. They hadn't been outside for more than 10 minutes. We ride all winter long (we all wear helmets on the trails) and we have never gotten hurt. DH didn't put his helmet on as they were staying on the lawn and not riding hard or fast. Now we know that we must all wear helmets all the time. He in now on antibiotic 3 times a day and we have to go back in 2 days for a suture check and on Friday to have them removed. Looks like my week just got a little busier.

ETA: http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a240/my3princes/colbycheek.jpg

Deb
Oh poor little boy :( Bless his heart.

MidNite
12-20-2005, 01:05 AM
Just got home from the ER with Brantley-Kate. She is still vomiting and having diarrhea. Gave her an IV and Phenergan. Also changed the antibiotic for her sinus infection and did breathing treatments. Poor thing has lost 4 pounds this week. Gotta go, she's sick again.
Poor thing. :( I hate to see children sick or hurt.

bear74
12-20-2005, 01:06 AM
Okay I guess every one is in bed already. DD is cutting 2 molars so we are having a fun night. very little sleep last night as poor thing whould wake up every hour and cry for about 5 min. Baby orajel did not help. I think she is finally asleep on my lap so we will head to bed.

tink2020
12-20-2005, 01:37 AM
Okay I guess every one is in bed already. DD is cutting 2 molars so we are having a fun night. very little sleep last night as poor thing whould wake up every hour and cry for about 5 min. Baby orajel did not help. I think she is finally asleep on my lap so we will head to bed.

I'm still here if you're up! Sorry to hear your DD is having trouble! :wizard:

Pooh67_68
12-20-2005, 07:17 AM
Brantley-Kate is feeling better finally! :cool1: She slept with me last night so I could keep an eye on her. She did well with the Phenergan (it knocked her out). Today, she actually wanted some breakfast which was the first bite of food she's had since last Wednesday! She ate a little at lunch and dinner and kept it all down. She perked up some and seemed to be better.

The antibiotic seems to be helping some too. Her cough was much calmer today, and she wasn't gasping for air. Thanks for all the good wishes!

Denise

Glad to hear she is finally getting better. :wizard: that she is much better by Christmas and that the boys get over their colds soon too.

tinknme
12-20-2005, 07:23 AM
Hugs & PD to Colby & BK Hope they are both on the mend soon :wizard:

Pooh67_68
12-20-2005, 07:25 AM
Jen, hope your niece gets to come home today. :wizard:

tink2020
12-20-2005, 08:34 AM
Day 1 has been added, as well as a link to more photos!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=978036

my3princes
12-20-2005, 08:53 AM
Another day another illness. Colby asked to eat this morning and his face seems better, but now he has the runs. He made it to the bathroom and left a puddle on the floor. That is probably why he was so quiet yesterday. I'll have to pick up some powerade while I'm out today.

Deb

Blueeyes101817
12-20-2005, 09:04 AM
Thanks everyone--were hopefully going to get a call later this morning--I have finals till 5pm, but after that, ill fill you in!

tink2020
12-20-2005, 09:58 AM
Another day another illness. Colby asked to eat this morning and his face seems better, but now he has the runs. He made it to the bathroom and left a puddle on the floor. That is probably why he was so quiet yesterday. I'll have to pick up some powerade while I'm out today.

Deb

Oh no, poor Colby!!!! Sending Pixie dust for the two of you!! :wizard: :wizard:

tink2020
12-20-2005, 09:58 AM
Thanks everyone--were hopefully going to get a call later this morning--I have finals till 5pm, but after that, ill fill you in!

Good luck! Hope your exams are going (or went) well! :goodvibes :wizard:

Glynis
12-20-2005, 10:09 AM
woohoooo 190000!!

thanks

All of my kids developed jaundice. With my first DD it was kind of scary. I didn't really realize that she was yellowing up until I noticed that the whites of her eyes were yellow. She was born in July, so the pediatrician told me to strip her to her diaper, and lay her in the sunlight. Within a day, she was back to normal. DS was born in November, so we couldn't really do that, luckily, his jaundice was not as severe, and he was able to fight it off on his own. With the twins, that was another story. They were preemies, so were in the hospital a bit longer. DT1 was able to fight hers off, but DT2 couldn't. On the day I was to take them home, she was put under the bili lights. There she was, barely 5 pounds and she looked so fragile and tiny under the lights. The doctors sent her home though, and arranged for a portable bili bed to be delivered to our house. She had to spend 2 hours on the bed, and 1 hour off for 24 hours. It was so hard, but it worked, and she was just fine.

I'm sending tons of :wizard: for your niece. She will be added to my prayers! You are a great best friend to take food to the parents. Believe me, they probably won't have thought of it.

MazdaUK
12-20-2005, 10:13 AM
I'm so behind! I'll try to keep up tonight but Christmas keeps taking over!

PD to Colby and BK - hope they're both feeling better soon (your pic of Colby made me cry - poor baby!)

Glynis
12-20-2005, 10:22 AM
Denise - you have the best attitude I have ever seen! You are so upbeat about everything! I'm so glad that BK is doing better. Now let's get those boys over their colds in time for Christmas. Don't forget to take care of yourself. My mom has diabetes, and I know when she forgets to take care of herself, things can slide downhill rather quickly.

Deb - I'm glad that Colby's face seems to be doing better. Please let us know what the doctors say about it. Sounds like he also picked up a bug or something, given the runs. Don't forget the B.R.A.T. diet. Along with Pedialyte that always helps my kids. Maybe it wasn't a bug at all, maybe it was just the shock of the accident/stitches kicking in. I have a child who get the runs whenever she is stressed. We've had to teach her some relaxation techniques so it won't happen at school. By the way, your reindeer cookies look so cute. My kids are home from school starting tomorrow, and I think those will just fit the bill for warding of the dreaded "I'm bored."

mommykds
12-20-2005, 10:43 AM

Becky

Oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blush:

mommykds
12-20-2005, 10:44 AM
cute kids.

Thank you! :flower:

mommykds
12-20-2005, 11:05 AM
Cute picture! Congrats ;)

Thanks!!!!!!

mommykds
12-20-2005, 11:07 AM

Deb

Oh no! The poor kids can't get a break....my hugs to you. :grouphug:

mommykds
12-20-2005, 11:10 AM
Blueeyes101817,
:grouphug: for your neice..hope all is well.

Denise,
Hope everyone in your house is feeling better. Its so hard to take care of the little ones when Mommy is sick too! Hope you all are 100% for Christmas!

mommykds
12-20-2005, 11:11 AM
I am as sick as a dog today..have a sinus infection & bronchitis..ugh :guilty:
but today is a busy day so no rest for the wicked I guess!

julia & nicks mom
12-20-2005, 11:17 AM
On the way to lunch at the Backlot Express, I ran into a friend of mine that I knew was at Disney at the same time. We exchanged a quick hello, but that was about it. I won't go into that here.....

Jennifer!!!! if you won't go into it on your trip report - you have to go into this here!!!!!!

julia & nicks mom
12-20-2005, 11:18 AM
I hope you

and all the sick DISers and their families (including my little Nick!) feel better soon!

tink2020
12-20-2005, 11:21 AM

Oh no! Feel better :wizard:

tink2020
12-20-2005, 11:26 AM
Jennifer!!!! if you won't go into it on your trip report - you have to go into this here!!!!!!

Eh, it's nothing really. In high school, I was really close to my cheerleading coach (who was just a few years older than I). We stayed in contact, she came to my wedding, and she got me the job coaching with her (JV Football and Varsity basketball) the last couple of years. I mentioned that job earlier.....

So anyway, I've known her for years, we've stayed close, etc. For the last, I dont know.... 8 months, we would talk now and then (even since I stopped coaching) and she'd almost immediately remind me how many days I had until my trip (because she and her husband were counting down as well, and left a few days before us).

Well, I haven't really talked to her since about 2 weeks before the trip. We were both busy, etc and she said she would leave a message for us and call on Wednesday just so we could say hello and maybe grab a bite to eat. We were realistic, we didn't plan any big meet.... just a phone call or two to say hello and get a picture or a drink since we happened to be there at the same time.

No phone call, no answer, etc. I wasn't that worried about it becuase again, we were both busy and weren't planning on hanging out anyway. I just kept an eye out for her, and we'd chat if we ran into one another.

Well, on Thursday, I hear "Jennifer!" and turn around, as they stroll on bye, hardly waving. They weren't in a hurry, and we were just sitting there so I found it odd that she didn't stop and talk. That's all.... and now it's just been bugging me. It doesn't sound like much, she just looked like she SO wanted nothing to do with us.... :confused3 Strange.

Not a big deal though, it honestly bugged me less than it would have if it were several other people. Just odd :confused3

:goodvibes

tink2020
12-20-2005, 11:32 AM
I hope you

and all the sick DISers and their families (including my little Nick!) feel better soon!

Nick too?! Goodness gracious... pixie dust all around :wizard:

Pooh67_68
12-20-2005, 11:39 AM
Ok, I am gonna post a blanket

GET WELL SOON!!

to anyone who is sick, and anyone who is getting sick.

This is th first time in about 10yrs. that my dh and I aren't sick for Christmas. :goodvibes

julia & nicks mom
12-20-2005, 11:48 AM
Ok, I am gonna post a blanket

GET WELL SOON!!

to anyone who is sick, and anyone who is getting sick.

This is th first time in about 10yrs. that my dh and I aren't sick for Christmas. :goodvibes
I hope you did some serious knocking on wood!!!

mommykds
12-20-2005, 11:53 AM
Jennifer,

Yea, sounds strange..but at least you aren't emotional invested in the relationship...I wouldn't give it a second thought..sometimes people can be like that...(That would be my DH's family!! :rolleyes1 )

tink2020
12-20-2005, 11:55 AM

I was thinking the same thing! It's so not Christmas yet :rotfl: Here's some PD just in case :wizard: :wizard:

tink2020
12-20-2005, 11:56 AM
Jennifer,

Yea, sounds strange..but at least you aren't emotional invested in the relationship...I wouldn't give it a second thought..sometimes people can be like that...(That would be my DH's family!! :rolleyes1 )

Yeah, it's really not a huge deal. It's one of those friendships were we don't talk all the time, but can pick up where we left off... which are usually the amazing ones. But at the same time, there have been lots of times in the past that she has been quite selfish, etc.... so I take things that she does in stride and DEFINITELY stopped investing too much. I enjoy sharing things in common with her when we're together, but it wasn't the end of the world :goodvibes

mommykds
12-20-2005, 11:59 AM
Yeah, it's really not a huge deal. It's one of those friendships were we don't talk all the time, but can pick up where we left off... which are usually the amazing ones. But at the same time, there have been lots of times in the past that she has been quite selfish, etc.... so I take things that she does in stride and DEFINITELY stopped investing too much. I enjoy sharing things in common with her when we're together, but it wasn't the end of the world :goodvibes

That's a good way to look at it. :teeth:

Pooh67_68
12-20-2005, 12:02 PM

:teeth: I was hoping it was too late to get sick now. :rolleyes1

Thanks for the pixie dust tink2020, I'll probably need it. :teeth:

Steffy
12-20-2005, 12:08 PM
I can't catch up right now. But just a quicky to reply to some of these hilarious posts....

Pg 1260
Hi Baloo, the teacher ornaments look great!

Pg 1261
Kate, your grandma is a hoot. It was very telling that your parents laughed. They know her so well. Just gotta love her.

Marti, Hope Matt’s ear infection clears up soon!

Pg 1265
Great jokes Miss Missy!

Pg 1266
My3princes, So glad to hear your dad is ready to drive again. YAY!!

Well, with BK so sick (and now Davis and Rees have horrible colds) I'm tired and mending slowly. My Diabetes is keeping me down some too. But, I'm definitely better!

Christmas is this week and my family is coming and I got to go to Disney and the kids are so excited and DH will be off work starting Wed and my kids are home from school so I get to spend some extra time with them... So life Is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!

I love this! Such a great attitude. :grouphug:

Pg 1267

From my mom.

Your mom should have a word with Kate’s grandmom!!! That was ROTFLMAO.

tink2020
12-20-2005, 12:10 PM
Trip Report Day 2 is up, plus Day 2 pictures.

I HAVE to start unpacking and picking up, though..... I'll be back when I can't stay away anymore! I still have to play with photopass, etc... it probably won't be too long! :rotfl:

bear74
12-20-2005, 12:40 PM
:wizard: and :grouphug: get better soon.

bear74
12-20-2005, 12:51 PM
I hope you

oh poor nick hope he gets better soon. :grouphug: :wizard:

Steffy
12-20-2005, 02:42 PM
Okay, I have a minute at work where my CD works, so I can put in the CD of my pictures and hopefully upload!

Here is my tree picture taken on December 5, 2005. It has a couple of stray ornaments. I had gone to WalMart and bought new lights. There is a Hello Kitty for my DGD and an Elmo for my DGS. Two plush Santas and a snowman and two ornaments from my DD's holiday party.

It was empty....

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d129/StephaMickey/293a5a62.jpg

tink2020
12-20-2005, 02:50 PM
Okay, I have a minute at work where my CD works, so I can put in the CD of my pictures and hopefully upload!

Here is my tree picture taken on December 5, 2005. It has a couple of stray ornaments. I had gone to WalMart and bought new lights. There is a Hello Kitty for my DGD and an Elmo for my DGS. Two plush Santas and a snowman and two ornaments from my DD's holiday party.

It was empty....

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d129/StephaMickey/293a5a62.jpg

Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!

tinker1bell
12-20-2005, 05:01 PM
Two little old ladies were waiting to have their picture taken. Having been friends for years, they were primping and fussing while waiting for the photographer to set up.

At one point, the photographer went to the camera and lifted the drape.

One of the ladies looked at her friend and asked, "What is he doing?"

The other replied, "He has to focus"

The first one asked, "Bofus?"

My DH's mother told us this and just a year ago my DH bought a Ford Focus.
I was laughing hysterically when he told me what he had gotten and then he remembered the joke. So now we call his car Bofus. He wants to find a question mark to put behind the name and have on the front a plate that says Bofus :rotfl: :rotfl:

Terry

tink2020
12-20-2005, 07:08 PM
2 hours?! Goodness, gracious! :rotfl: :earseek:

julia & nicks mom
12-20-2005, 07:09 PM
It just wouldn't be Chirstmas if my kids weren't sick

my sisters and their kids arrive tomorrow = Nick has been thrwoing up and Julia comes home from being with my mom

she slept two of the three hours they were shopping in Meijers in the cart and then comes home and tells me she wants to go to sleep AGAIN!!

Tomorrow night is our adults night out dinner - something tells me we might not get to go

KMH1
12-20-2005, 07:42 PM
It just wouldn't be Chirstmas if my kids weren't sick

my sisters and their kids arrive tomorrow = Nick has been thrwoing up and Julia comes home from being with my mom

she slept two of the three hours they were shopping in Meijers in the cart and then comes home and tells me she wants to go to sleep AGAIN!!

Tomorrow night is our adults night out dinner - something tells me we might not get to go

A three hour shopping trip to Meijer?!! I would probably want to sleep in the cart too! :teeth:

Seriously though, I hope your kiddos and all the other sick DDA's and kiddos feel better soon! Here's some PD that everyone is healthy for Christmas!!!! :wizard: :wizard:

Amy :)

KMH1
12-20-2005, 07:53 PM
By the way, you can add me to that sick list too. I've had something since last Thursday and it's just not going away, so I went to the doctor today. She didn't want to prescribe anything, since I was already on an antibiotic for a bacteria infection related to my pregnancy. She said I must have something viral since that wasn't kicking my cold too. Bleh! But I can handle this as long as Alyssa and Kevin stay well (knock on wood)!!! :wizard:

You can also add us to the list of people who have kids with injuries. Alyssa ran her face smack into the table when we were out to brunch the other day. I thought for sure she broke her nose and she was going to end up with two black eyes, but thank goodness it's just a bruise that almost looks like a cut at the bridge of her little nose. It's been two days now and it's healing quickly, but I think I'll be traumatized by her screaming after she did it for a long time (I'm sure some of those restaurant patrons will too!).

So, other than that, we had a great weekend celebrating Christmas with my mom and dad and grandparents (three separate celebrations). We barely had enough room in the Escape for all the presents...we were all spoiled rotten. :teeth:

I still have all the presents for Kevin's family left to wrap (two more celebrations this weekend), and it might be nice to finally get our Christmas cards in the mail. :rolleyes:

Oh, and Denise, your thank you is in the mail! I can't believe you managed to go to the post office when you and your kids are feeling so badly. Thank you so much!!! :goodvibes

Okay, enough rambling. Hope everyone has a good night!

MinnieMouseMom
12-20-2005, 07:56 PM
By the way, you can add me to that sick list too. I've had something since last Thursday and it's just not going away, so I went to the doctor today. She didn't want to prescribe anything, since I was already on an antibiotic for a bacteria infection related to my pregnancy. She said I must have something viral since that wasn't kicking my cold too. Bleh! But I can handle this as long as Alyssa and Kevin stay well (knock on wood)!!! :wizard:

You can also add us to the list of people who have kids with injuries. Alyssa ran her face smack into the table when we were out to brunch the other day. I thought for sure she broke her nose and she was going to end up with two black eyes, but thank goodness it's just a bruise that almost looks like a cut at the bridge of her little nose. It's been two days now and it's healing quickly, but I think I'll be traumatized by her screaming after she did it for a long time (I'm sure some of those restaurant patrons will too!).

So, other than that, we had a great weekend celebrating Christmas with my mom and dad and grandparents (three separate celebrations). We barely had enough room in the Escape for all the presents...we were all spoiled rotten. :teeth:

I still have all the presents for Kevin's family left to wrap (two more celebrations this weekend), and it might be nice to finally get our Christmas cards in the mail. :rolleyes:

Oh, and Denise, your thank you is in the mail! I can't believe you managed to go to the post office when you and your kids are feeling so badly. Thank you so much!!! :goodvibes

:grouphug: Hope you're feeling better, Alyssa heals quickly and Kevin doesn't get it ;)

julia & nicks mom
12-20-2005, 08:06 PM
A three hour shopping trip to Meijer?!! I would probably want to sleep in the cart too! :teeth:

I think she fell asleep 1/2 an hour into the trip so it made it pretty easy for my mom to meander through the store - they had 20% off for senior citizens today - I hardly think of my mom as a senior citizen but if Meijer wants to call her one - I am up for the discount!!! She looked at the regular stuff and then went to get groceries - she has to have food on hand for 7 kids and 10 adults - do you know how fast we go through sandwich meat, doughnuts, oreos :rolleyes1 , milk, etc.??!?!

Poor little Alyssa - thinking of her hitting her beautiful little face makes me cringe!! It is probably more traumatic for you than her!! She will forget about it in no time!!

I forgot you pregnant AND sick - ugh!!!! I always hated being sick while I was pregnant - seems like there should be a rule against that!! I got the flu with Julia and she was not happy about it - for the 12 hours that I puked before my doctor decided to give me medicine to make me stop- she kicked the living **** out of me!!

my3princes
12-20-2005, 08:23 PM
OMG... More sickness. Hope truly hope that everyone is feeling better by christmas. Here are lots of :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: and even more :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: for all of you.

Colby had his wound check today and everything looks good. He does have a black eye now, but I think that my nephew gave it to him this morning. They said the "runs" are a side effect of the antibiotic and it will probably last the duration of the treatment. As long as he doesn't get an infection I can deal with the runs.

The two older boys met with the pediotrist today. Nick's diagnosis and treatment hasn't changed, still needs to wear the orthodics that we get at his office. DS8 has a much more severe condition and the doctor wants us to get a second opinion on the best course of action. We have been treating him with prescription orthodics at $250 a pop and he says that may not be enough anymore. There is some kind of surgery that can be done that won't allow his feet to turn it and will greatly reduce the need for the orthodics. We'll have to see what the 2nd doctor says. I'm still hoping that we can continue with orthodics as I hate to see anyone go through surgery. If they were to do the surgery it would need to be repeated as he grows. So yet another thing to worry about. Oh well I can't do anything about it now.

Deb

my3princes
12-20-2005, 08:24 PM
Steffy, you've got us all waiting for the pictures of the decorated tree.

Deb

my3princes
12-20-2005, 08:26 PM
Anyone planning to make a New Year's Resolution to lose weight? I know that I am and I'm hoping that all of you DDA's will help me stick to it. I need to be held accountable and have tried the WISH forum in the past, but that isn't enough accountability for me. I'm going to start a new thread on the Creative Designs forum and hopefully some of you will join me and hold me accountable.

ETA: Here is a link to the new thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=10916317#post10916317

Thanks
Deb

tink2020
12-20-2005, 08:38 PM

Pixie dust for you, Alyssa, Kevin and baby!

tmfranlk
12-20-2005, 08:44 PM

Denise

Great news!! I hope by the time I catch up this is still true!

julia & nicks mom
12-20-2005, 08:47 PM
Anyone planning to make a New Year's Resolution to lose weight? I know that I am and I'm hoping that all of you DDA's will help me stick to it. I need to be held accountable and have tried the WISH forum in the past, but that isn't enough accountability for me. I'm going to start a new thread on the Creative Designs forum and hopefully some of you will join me and hold me accountable.

ETA: Here is a link to the new thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=10916317#post10916317

Thanks
Deb

not only will I support you - I am in with you!!! I would love to lose 40 pounds!!

I had gestational diabetes with Julia and the diabetic diet was so healthy and I lost a lot of weight - but I didn't stick to it!! I plan on starting it after the new Year - I would never be so ridiculous as to try this before the Holidays!!!

bear74
12-20-2005, 08:52 PM
OMG... More sickness. Hope truly hope that everyone is feeling better by christmas. Here are lots of :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: and even more :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: for all of you.

Colby had his wound check today and everything looks good. He does have a black eye now, but I think that my nephew gave it to him this morning. They said the "runs" are a side effect of the antibiotic and it will probably last the duration of the treatment. As long as he doesn't get an infection I can deal with the runs.

The two older boys met with the pediotrist today. Nick's diagnosis and treatment hasn't changed, still needs to wear the orthodics that we get at his office. DS8 has a much more severe condition and the doctor wants us to get a second opinion on the best course of action. We have been treating him with prescription orthodics at $250 a pop and he says that may not be enough anymore. There is some kind of surgery that can be done that won't allow his feet to turn it and will greatly reduce the need for the orthodics. We'll have to see what the 2nd doctor says. I'm still hoping that we can continue with orthodics as I hate to see anyone go through surgery. If they were to do the surgery it would need to be repeated as he grows. So yet another thing to worry about. Oh well I can't do anything about it now.

Deb
:wizard: :grouphug: to you and your DS's

tmfranlk
12-20-2005, 08:56 PM
woohoooo 190000!!

thanks

:wizard: :wizard: I hope that in catching up on pages I find she's home now. Best wishes and congrats on your niece.

bear74
12-20-2005, 08:58 PM

Amy
:wizard: :grouphug: hope you get better soon. It sucks to be sick when your Pregant.
Hope Alyssa heals quick.

Blueeyes101817
12-20-2005, 09:05 PM
heres my baby update!

I was driving home from my finals (all done!) and my phone rang..it was brad telling me they were home and wanted to know when i was coming over :)
I went home, waited for mom, and we drove to see them....now, i know i may be biased ,but that is the cutest baby! Shes so tiny, her newborn clothes are huge on her..i got to hold her for quite awhile--im so much happier to know she is okay

thank you guys so much for all your prayers and good thouights---it means alot to me!

Blueeyes101817
12-20-2005, 09:07 PM

Thanks
Deb

im in!

tinker1bell
12-20-2005, 09:07 PM

Amy, I can so relate to getting hurt on a table. our oldest son (now 34) was running and fell on the corner of the coffee table (should have bought the one with rounded corners) :eek: He screamed for so long, ended up with a black eye that stayed around for days and turned every color you could imagine. What I didn't realize was that it did some damage inside because he has had a lopsided smile ever since then.
Hope Alyssa gets better fast.

Terry

tinker1bell
12-20-2005, 09:15 PM

Thanks
Deb

Deb,
What is the WISH forum? I know that I sure need to eat better. The thing is, when we were in WDW, all the walking helped. I cannot handle treadmills and with all the snow and ice here, walking outside is not possible. I may have to get back going to the mall and power walk with all the other people who go there
Terry

ReAnSt
12-20-2005, 09:16 PM

Deb

Deb,

Best of luck to your sons. Hopefully things improve so they don't need surgery.

Is a Pediotrist a ventriloquist for your feet??? :confused3 :rotfl2:

I couldn't figure out what you meant, until I saw the word feet, later on in your post, then I figured out you meant podiatrist.

My brother's feet used to turn in badly when he was young. However one of the doctors he went to had my parents put his shoes on the wrong feet for quite a few years. Although this was from the time he was about 1 to 5 years of age your son is probably to old for this to work. Now he doesn't have any problems with his feet turning in. They kept mentioning the possibility of surgery although his feet kept improving, so much to the point he didn't need any surgery. The specialist asked my parents what they were doing and they said putting his shoes on the wrong feet. He was impressed that it worked so well. He also had shoe inserts that were placed in his shoes, these were worn on the correct feet.

Although he kept coming home from places with his shoes on correctly, because everyone kept thinking he was putting them on incorrectly. My parents constantly struggled to remind everyone he needs to wear his shoes on the opposite feet.

I also found this:
As a three year old put his shoes on by himself. His mother noticed the left one was on the right foot. She said, 'Son, your shoes are on the wrong feet.' He looked up at her with a raised brow and said, 'Don't kid me, Mom, I know they're my feet.'

Becky

tink2020
12-20-2005, 09:17 PM
heres my baby update!

I was driving home from my finals (all done!) and my phone rang..it was brad telling me they were home and wanted to know when i was coming over :)
I went home, waited for mom, and we drove to see them....now, i know i may be biased ,but that is the cutest baby! Shes so tiny, her newborn clothes are huge on her..i got to hold her for quite awhile--im so much happier to know she is okay

thank you guys so much for all your prayers and good thouights---it means alot to me!

Congrats on being done with finals, and Yay! for the baby coming home :goodvibes

tmfranlk
12-20-2005, 09:20 PM

Thanks
Deb

I'm with you! If I don't check in over there this week, I'll definitely join you by New Year's.

ksoehrlein
12-20-2005, 09:39 PM
Deb, my husband is a podiatrist. If you want to PM me with the details, I can ask him what he would do if it was our kids. :wizard: for a non-surgical solution!

tmfranlk
12-20-2005, 09:39 PM
Merry Christmas DDAers!

Just in case I don't make it back on I wanted o get out my good wishes.

Santa is coming to visit tomorrow evening while we are out for dinner. After we get home, Phil, Terra and I will open our gifts from each other and my family (if those arrive in time). Thursday we pack and the Friday we leave at 5am for the airport and fly to CA. I'm highly tempted to brave the crowds to hit Holiday Small World and the other DL-only rides. I'm not sure though because my best friend just invited us to spend any and all of their holiday meals with them. I'm excited since they are a much more "normal" family than my inlaws. With them it will be a more formal Christmas for a few hours on Sunday and then a "thanks for flying cross country, see you next time." I'm being mean I know, but it's just so different from my "of course you're staying with us, what do you mean you can't stay longer" family.

I hope that everyone is feeling better by Saturday, especially all of the cute little ones that we have running around here. May your holiday be merry, wonderful, cheery, happy, and full of great Disney things! :goodvibes :grouphug:

ReAnSt
12-20-2005, 09:46 PM
I also found this. With all of our reccent computer issues, I thought you might get a kick out of it.

I had been doing Tech Support for Hewlett-Packard's DeskJet division for about a month when I had a customer call with a problem I just couldn't solve. She could not print yellow. All the other colors would print fine, which truly baffled me because the only true colors are cyan, magenta, and yellow. For instance, green is a combination of cyan and yellow, but green printed fine.
Every color of the rainbow printed fine except for yellow. I had the customer change ink cartridges. I had the customer delete and reinstall the drivers. Nothing worked. I asked my co-workers for help; they offered no new ideas.
After over two hours of troubleshooting, I was about to tell the customer to send the printer in to us for repair when she asked quietly,
'Should I try printing on a piece of white paper instead of this 'yellow' construction paper?'

Becky

Blueeyes101817
12-20-2005, 09:55 PM
I also found this. With all of our reccent computer issues, I thought you might get a kick out of it.

I had been doing Tech Support for Hewlett-Packard's DeskJet division for about a month when I had a customer call with a problem I just couldn't solve. She could not print yellow. All the other colors would print fine, which truly baffled me because the only true colors are cyan, magenta, and yellow. For instance, green is a combination of cyan and yellow, but green printed fine.
Every color of the rainbow printed fine except for yellow. I had the customer change ink cartridges. I had the customer delete and reinstall the drivers. Nothing worked. I asked my co-workers for help; they offered no new ideas.
After over two hours of troubleshooting, I was about to tell the customer to send the printer in to us for repair when she asked quietly,
'Should I try printing on a piece of white paper instead of this 'yellow' construction paper?'

Becky

hahaha

julia & nicks mom
12-20-2005, 09:57 PM
Merry Christmas DDAers!

Santa is coming to visit tomorrow evening while we are out for dinner. After we get home, Phil, Terra and I will open our gifts from each other and my family (if those arrive in time). Thursday we pack and the Friday we leave at 5am for the airport and fly to CA. I'm highly tempted to brave the crowds to hit Holiday Small World and the other DL-only rides. I'm not sure though because my best friend just invited us to spend any and all of their holiday meals with them. I'm excited since they are a much more "normal" family than my inlaws. With them it will be a more formal Christmas for a few hours on Sunday and then a "thanks for flying cross country, see you next time." I'm being mean I know, but it's just so different from my "of course you're staying with us, what do you mean you can't stay longer" family.

I hope that everyone is feeling better by Saturday, especially all of the cute little ones that we have running around here. May your holiday be merry, wonderful, cheery, happy, and full of great Disney things! :goodvibes :grouphug:
Merry Christmas!!!!

bear74
12-20-2005, 10:17 PM

Becky
LOL :rotfl2:

my3princes
12-20-2005, 10:19 PM
Deb,

Best of luck to your sons. Hopefully things improve so they don't need surgery.

Is a Pediotrist a ventriloquist for your feet??? :confused3 :rotfl2:

I couldn't figure out what you meant, until I saw the word feet, later on in your post, then I figured out you meant podiatrist.

My brother's feet used to turn in badly when he was young. However one of the doctors he went to had my parents put his shoes on the wrong feet for quite a few years. Although this was from the time he was about 1 to 5 years of age your son is probably to old for this to work. Now he doesn't have any problems with his feet turning in. They kept mentioning the possibility of surgery although his feet kept improving, so much to the point he didn't need any surgery. The specialist asked my parents what they were doing and they said putting his shoes on the wrong feet. He was impressed that it worked so well. He also had shoe inserts that were placed in his shoes, these were worn on the correct feet.

Although he kept coming home from places with his shoes on correctly, because everyone kept thinking he was putting them on incorrectly. My parents constantly struggled to remind everyone he needs to wear his shoes on the opposite feet.

I also found this:
As a three year old put his shoes on by himself. His mother noticed the left one was on the right foot. She said, 'Son, your shoes are on the wrong feet.' He looked up at her with a raised brow and said, 'Don't kid me, Mom, I know they're my feet.'

Becky

He has flat feet, some people call it fallen arches. He has been going to the podiatrist since he was 2 years old. I suffered from the same thing as a child so I recognized it immediately. Many pediatricians shrug it off as growing pains, but that is not always the case. Wearing his shoes on the opposite feet was never an option for him. When he stands his arches actually lay flat on the floor so I guess it is his ankles that turn in, on the feet. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Deb

tink2020
12-20-2005, 10:28 PM
Merry Christmas DDAers!

Have a great trip, and a Merry Christmas!!! :teeth:

Brendita
12-20-2005, 10:29 PM
HOS
Evening all.
I back on page 1266.
Snows all gone.
Rain is back.
I swear it rain the entire winter.
At least I don't have to shovel rain. :rotfl2:

Glynis
12-20-2005, 10:31 PM

Thanks
Deb

Can I join even though I did Gastric Bypass?

babytrees
12-20-2005, 10:33 PM

Deb

That is great to hear about Colby....I have the same reaction to antibiotics....poor baby.

Pixie dust to your entire family

julia & nicks mom

Heck yea!!!! Although we might be jealous at your rapid weight loss compared to our slower results!!! ;)

my3princes

Absolutely. We will all do the weight loss through our own planning so join in for support and to support others.

Deb

Brendita
12-20-2005, 10:34 PM
From my mom.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
This is to funny.
Now I have to meet your Mom also.

babytrees
12-20-2005, 10:42 PM

Amy, I can so relate to getting hurt on a table. our oldest son (now 34) was running and fell on the corner of the coffee table (should have bought the one with rounded corners) :eek: He screamed for so long, ended up with a black eye that stayed around for days and turned every color you could imagine. What I didn't realize was that it did some damage inside because he has had a lopsided smile ever since then.
Hope Alyssa gets better fast.

Terry

All right I am going to add my story......We were living in Japan(military brat) when I was about Alyssa's age....I was singing and looking at myself in the bathroom mirror....fell into the sink and cracked one eye lid open (my mom says that was horrible because dad was on base with the only car) . Then about 2 weeks after that I ran into the coffee table full speed and cracked the other eyelid open. I now don't pluck my eyebrows just so you can't see the scars. I don't remember any of this and maybe it actually knocked some sense into me :earboy2: of course the second time would have knocked it right out again :rolleyes:

I am sure that lopsided grin was a girl magnet!!

babytrees
12-20-2005, 10:50 PM
For all the sick kids of DDA'ers....may you get better in time to enjoy Santa....here's extra pixie dust :wizard: :wizard: to help.

For DDA'ers with sick and/or hurt kiddos: pixie dust :wizard: :wizard: for you to not catch it and help those babies get better faster.

Brendita
12-20-2005, 10:51 PM

Thanks
Deb
Not to lose any.
Just to keep what I have lost.
To stay off.
From size 12 to size 8.
Since 6/?/5.
Not to brag. :rolleyes1
Not bad for being 49 & having 4 kids.

babytrees
12-20-2005, 10:56 PM
Not to lose any.
To stay off.
From size 12 to size 8.
Since 6/?/5.

Why not brag?
That is an awesome feat :cheer2: ....one that I have yet to accomplish

WTG

bear74
12-20-2005, 10:58 PM
Ill be their to support. but as i am trying to get pregant its not a good time to try to lose weight.

bear74
12-20-2005, 11:01 PM
I just read the joke that dennise posted that her mom told her to DH ane he almost choked on his soda. :rotfl2:

julia & nicks mom
12-20-2005, 11:03 PM
I got a Christmas card today that I just had to tell you guys about

a lady I used to work with sent me a card - she has two adult children (just out of college) and I was surprised that instead of their normal Christmas family picture - there was a picture of a new puppy - who was very cute

the card read love
(names have been changed to protect the innocent!)
john & mary (parents)
Jane, Bill (the kids) and Spot (new puppy)

I thought to myself - oh I wonder if their other dog died - I read the letter and she talked all about getting the new puppy and hoped that someday Happy (the other dog) might even accept Spot!!!! :rotfl2:

I was cracking up laughing - do you think that maybe happy doesn't like spot b/c ever since she came along happy might be chopped liver - her name was NOT on the Christmas card and the new puppy got her picture and name on it!!

that would be like me sending out a card that said - love, Steve Kate & Nick
:rotfl2:

tinker1bell
12-20-2005, 11:07 PM
Not to lose any.
To stay off.
From size 12 to size 8.
Since 6/?/5.

Brenda,
That is an awsome thing. Seems that around 49 is when everything went to he** and a handbasket and the pounds piled on for me :confused3 :rotfl2:
With 3 c-sections i think recovery is the hardest and somehow my body just decided to revolt :rotfl:

Terry

julia & nicks mom
12-20-2005, 11:09 PM
Brenda,
That is an awsome thing. Seems that around 49 is when everything went to he** and a handbasket and the pounds piled on for me :confused3 :rotfl2:
With 3 c-sections i think recovery is the hardest and somehow my body just decided to revolt :rotfl:

Terry
Terry - I totally agree with you on c-sections - my stomach just doesn't seem up to the exercise and I look at and think there is NO POSSIBLE way it will ever be small again - but I am determined

hopefully we will all be skinny for our July meet!!!!

tinker1bell
12-20-2005, 11:16 PM
Terry - I totally agree with you on c-sections - my stomach just doesn't seem up to the exercise and I look at and think there is NO POSSIBLE way it will ever be small again - but I am determined

hopefully we will all be skinny for our July meet!!!!

Kate, That is just what I was thinking. I just need to get help with some exercises that will not stress my back.
But I still promised my DD that i will do a clean sweep and finally get rid of things that I will not get into ever again.

bear74
12-20-2005, 11:24 PM
Not to lose any.
To stay off.
From size 12 to size 8.
Since 6/?/5.
congrats! :cheer2:

tink2020
12-20-2005, 11:28 PM
I got a Christmas card today that I just had to tell you guys about

a lady I used to work with sent me a card - she has two adult children (just out of college) and I was surprised that instead of their normal Christmas family picture - there was a picture of a new puppy - who was very cute

the card read love
(names have been changed to protect the innocent!)
john & mary (parents)
Jane, Bill (the kids) and Spot (new puppy)

I thought to myself - oh I wonder if their other dog died - I read the letter and she talked all about getting the new puppy and hoped that someday Happy (the other dog) might even accept Spot!!!! :rotfl2:

I was cracking up laughing - do you think that maybe happy doesn't like spot b/c ever since she came along happy might be chopped liver - her name was NOT on the Christmas card and the new puppy got her picture and name on it!!

that would be like me sending out a card that said - love, Steve Kate & Nick
:rotfl2:

Oh, I can only imagine Julia's reaction! :rotfl:

julia & nicks mom
12-20-2005, 11:36 PM
Hey Marti -

I just wondering if you got lost in your kitchen!! :rotfl2: But then you posted on the new weight loss thread!!

How did your baking go?

ReAnSt
12-20-2005, 11:38 PM
Kate, That is just what I was thinking. I just need to get help with some exercises that will not stress my back.
But I still promised my DD that i will do a clean sweep and finally get rid of things that I will not get into ever again.

Still follow your promise to your daughter, but then when you get into that size again then you just need to go on a shopping spree and buy new modern items for your wardrobe.

Becky

Brendita
12-20-2005, 11:42 PM
Brenda,

Terry
49 is when everything went to H***.
For years I thought I had food allergies.
No I have Closed Ileocecal Valve.
A disorder of the small & large intestines.
So my diet of what I'm allowed to eat.
That don't make me sick.
Is mostly cooked fruit, cooked vegetables, water.
I can eat apples & oranges & drink green decafe tea with honey.
No popcorn, potatoes, nuts, seeds, whole grains, soy, dairy, fruit juice,
coca, chocolate, caffeine, sugar, pepper, only white meat, rice, noodles.
I'm a lot better off health wise.
Sometimes I just want........
Dr. Pepper, Steak, twice baked potatoes, corn on the cob, cheesecake.
I asked my Dr. when the H*** can I eat what I want?
Christmas, Thanksgiving, your Birthday, & on vacation.
So the 1st night on my vacation this is what I had. http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a10/Brendita93056/WDWVacation2005-003.jpg
OMG it was good.

ReAnSt
12-20-2005, 11:44 PM
I got a question for all of you grammar type English people. What is the difference between than and then? Please don't laugh, I pronounce both of them the same, when they are written down on a piece of paper or when I am reading something. So how can I tell them apart if I pronounce them the same way or how are they different. I don't get it, I need help.

Becky

tinker1bell
12-20-2005, 11:44 PM
Still follow your promise to your daughter, but then when you get into that size again then you just need to go on a shopping spree and buy new modern items for your wardrobe.

Becky

Absoutely :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
Giant Yard sale this May :goodvibes

Steamboat Marti
12-20-2005, 11:46 PM
Hey Marti -

I just wondering if you got lost in your kitchen!! :rotfl2: But then you posted on the new weight loss thread!!

How did your baking go?

The baking went great!! That's why I said I'd be your support on the weight loss thread - not a participant! I haven't been on because a)Matt had an ear infection and we had to come home from school yesterday and b) today I went to the dentist, and let me tell you, it wasn't a good day. Skunka had to come and pick me up - when I got the shot of novacaine, apparently he got extremely close to the nerve and the side effect was a burning sensation and an electrical synapse pulsing through your jaw. I was immediately pulling his hands to stop and I was crying hysterically. I am a real skirt when it comes to the dentist, but this guy was doing great. I had a root canal and two different caps done by him, but I was done in by a small cavity!! He said we would have been better off not using the novacaine (now he tells me!). So I haven't been myself all day - I keep going over it in my head and get stop. It really did me in!

bear74
12-20-2005, 11:47 PM
night all

Baloo
12-20-2005, 11:48 PM
I wanted to let ya know I'm going out of town tomorrow,I'll be back Fri.Dec23.If you have any problems PM WebmasterKelsie.If you can't get her try admin@wdwinfo.com

Y'all behave...yea riiiiiiiiight! ;)

Brendita
12-20-2005, 11:48 PM
I got a question for all of you grammar type English people. What is the difference between than and then? Please don't laugh, I pronounce both of them the same, when they are written down on a piece of paper or when I am reading something. So how can I tell them apart if I pronounce them the same way or how are they different. I don't get it, I need help.

Becky
H*** if I know.
I still say NANKIN and a few other mispronouned words.
Istead of NAPKIN.
Bugs my sister, that's ok I don't like her anyway. :rotfl2:
I like being different. :rotfl: :rotfl:

ReAnSt
12-20-2005, 11:49 PM
The baking went great!! That's why I said I'd be your support on the weight loss thread - not a participant! I haven't been on because a)Matt had an ear infection and we had to come home from school yesterday and b) today I went to the dentist, and let me tell you, it wasn't a good day. Skunka had to come and pick me up - when I got the shot of novacaine, apparently he got extremely close to the nerve and the side effect was a burning sensation and an electrical synapse pulsing through your jaw. I was immediately pulling his hands to stop and I was crying hysterically. I am a real skirt when it comes to the dentist, but this guy was doing great. I had a root canal and two different caps done by him, but I was done in by a small cavity!! He said we would have been better off not using the novacaine (now he tells me!). So I haven't been myself all day - I keep going over it in my head and get stop. It really did me in!

I'm sorry that the dentist caused you trauma. Hopefully you will be able to come up with something happier to replay in your mind, so you forget about it.

Becky

Steamboat Marti
12-20-2005, 11:50 PM
I wanted to let ya know I'm going out of town tomorrow,I'll be back Fri.Dec23.If you have any problems PM WebmasterKelsie.If you can't get her try admin@wdwinfo.com

I can't believe we're going to be Baloo-less!!!!! Promise we'll behave! Can I be a stand in moderator????

Brendita
12-20-2005, 11:51 PM

Have fun Baloo.
We all will miss ya.
Behave??????????
What's that. :confused3

Brendita
12-20-2005, 11:52 PM
I can't believe we're going to be Baloo-less!!!!! Promise we'll behave! Can I be a stand in moderator????
God help us.

julia & nicks mom
12-20-2005, 11:53 PM
oh - that would be so scary!!!

(BRW- sorry about the dentist - how is skunka - he has been awfully quiet!!)

tinker1bell
12-20-2005, 11:53 PM

OMG Marti, I hope you feel better.
I hate the dentist, just cannot stand even having my teeth cleaned.
:grouphug: :grouphug:

julia & nicks mom
12-20-2005, 11:54 PM

have a great trip!!!

Steamboat Marti
12-20-2005, 11:54 PM
I'm sorry that the dentist caused you trauma. Hopefully you will be able to come up with something happier to replay in your mind, so you forget about it.

Becky

The only reason I keep going over it in my head was because it was going so well.... I was almost becoming less of a chicken... NOW I'm a HUGE chicken again. The good news is that I'm looking good and I shouldn't have to go back again, except for a cleaning. The dentist also told me that if I have to have novacaine again, he's NOT doing it. He'd send me to another dentist... I think I spooked him.

tinker1bell
12-20-2005, 11:55 PM
H*** if I know.
I still say NANKIN and a few other mispronouned words.
Istead of NAPKIN.
Bugs my sister, that's ok I don't like her anyway. :rotfl2:
I like being different. :rotfl: :rotfl:

:banana: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Steamboat Marti
12-20-2005, 11:56 PM
oh - that would be so scary!!!

(BRW- sorry about the dentist - how is skunka - he has been awfully quiet!!)

Skunka has been preoccupied with work - he does read most of the posts, but doesn't respond. Just not the same without the pounce if you ask me.

triplefigs
12-20-2005, 11:57 PM
Hi, everyone. Well, BK is much better! she ate a ton today and even had an "attitude" and got time-out. So, all is well! :rotfl:

Got all of my grocery shopping done today, so I'll be cooking and baking a ton in the next few days. I made a gingerbread house with the kids today. Too much work. We'll stick with cookies from now on. DH said he'd just buy me a ceramic one to display next year! :rotfl2:

Kids have ENT appt in the am, so I've got to get to bed. Oh, and Brantley-Kate lost her first tooth tonight! She is so excited. Called all the grandparents and told them the Tooth Fairy is coming. I have pics I'll post tomorrow.

Amy, glad you got the topper. It was a GIFT! You don't owe me anything.

Kate, Sorry to hear Nick and Julia are sick too.

Mommykds, get well soon.

If I missed anyone, I'm sorry. Hugs to everyone sick and get well soon!

julia & nicks mom
12-20-2005, 11:57 PM
Skunka has been preoccupied with work - he does read most of the posts, but doesn't respond. Just not the same without the pounce if you ask me.
I agree!!!

We miss you Skunka!! (did I type that out loud?!?!)

Steamboat Marti
12-21-2005, 12:03 AM
Hi, everyone. Well, BK is much better! she ate a ton today and even had an "attitude" and got time-out. So, all is well! :rotfl:

Got all of my grocery shopping done today, so I'll be cooking and baking a ton in the next few days. I made a gingerbread house with the kids today. Too much work. We'll stick with cookies from now on. DH said he'd just buy me a ceramic one to display next year! :rotfl2:

Kids have ENT appt in the am, so I've got to get to bed. Oh, and Brantley-Kate lost her first tooth tonight! She is so excited. Called all the grandparents and told them the Tooth Fairy is coming. I have pics I'll post tomorrow.

Mommykds, get well soon.

I was beginning to think you aren't addicted any more... saw some posts on other threads... hoping you'd stop in before bed!!

Steamboat Marti
12-21-2005, 12:04 AM
I agree!!!

We miss you Skunka!! (did I type that out loud?!?!)

OOOOHhhhhh next thing you know you might even tell him you like him! What's next???

Brendita
12-21-2005, 12:08 AM

Mommykds, get well soon.

So glad to hear BK is doing better today.
I do have 1 question, about her tooth.
Does she have it?

Brendita
12-21-2005, 12:09 AM
Night all!

triplefigs
12-21-2005, 12:10 AM
I was beginning to think you aren't addicted any more... saw some posts on other threads... hoping you'd stop in before bed!!

Oh, I'm addicted, but at the moment I'm addicted and OBSESSED with picking dates for next December. DH is all freaked out by the big crowds I've read about this week (would be the week we go next year) vs earlier in the month. If we go later, the kids don't miss any school and we can go for a longer trip. Otherwise, we only go for 4 days/5 nights and the kids would miss 3 days of school. I can't wait for Tammi to get back to give me the scoop. So, I'm checking the TPAS board constantly looking for updates! I've already booked a package with AAA, so if we're changing, I need to do it ASAP.

Any advice or opinions from the DDA?

tink2020
12-21-2005, 12:11 AM
'Night everyone! I've been sitting in front of the computer making slideshows, etc for HOURS.... my brain is fried! All that, and hopefully my Photo Movie comes tomorrow anyway, and I won't even show anyone the other shows! :rotfl:

Have a good night! Denise.... glad BK is feeling better. Now hopefully you can stop in more often :teeth:

Steamboat Marti
12-21-2005, 12:12 AM
If we go this week next year, Matt only misses 3 days of school. Our elementary schools have conferences for two days and I'd like him to miss as little school as possible. Let me know how your research goes!!

triplefigs
12-21-2005, 12:14 AM
'Night everyone! I've been sitting in front of the computer making slideshows, etc for HOURS.... my brain is fried! All that, and hopefully my Photo Movie comes tomorrow anyway, and I won't even show anyone the other shows! :rotfl:

Have a good night! Denise.... glad BK is feeling better. Now hopefully you can stop in more often :teeth:

Jennifer, how were the crowds last week? What day did you come home?

ReAnSt
12-21-2005, 12:26 AM
Denise,
Good luck in your research. Although it is something that can change according to the day that Christmas and New Years falls, because it than gives kids and parents more or less days off depending on the case. Also the park you attend is a big factor as well.

Becky

triplefigs
12-21-2005, 12:31 AM
Denise,
Good luck in your research. Although it is something that can change according to the day that Christmas and New Years falls, because it than gives kids and parents more or less days off depending on the case. Also the park you attend is a big factor as well.

Becky

Becky,

Christmas is on a Monday next year. We would be arriving the previous Friday or Sat am. Our last park day would be Thursday (Dec 21) and then coming home on Friday. Opinions? We would definitely follow TGM and the UoG advice on best park days. I think it would be better because of not missing school and longer trip, but DH and I don't want to fight massive crowds the entire trip. As DH says, it just wouldn't be worth it. We'll take the kids out of school if need be.

Steffy
12-21-2005, 12:35 AM
Get better Julia and Nick!!!

Tinkaroo
12-21-2005, 12:36 AM
I don't have a horse in this race, as they say, but I would vote for taking the kids out of school.

Growing up, I never went to WDW other than at the height of summer. Now, having gone at "non-peak" times, I would do everything I could to avoid those more common vacation times - it does make such a difference. Your attitude is so much better, you have more energy, you're getting to do all the things you want to do so you're happy, etc.

Plus, you guys have experienced such a good time frame - it might be hard to go at a busier time, particularly when your kids are still pretty young, knowing how your trip was this year.

Just my 2 cents - take it or leave it. But, good luck! (Life's always good as long as you have a trip to plan!)

Steffy
12-21-2005, 12:37 AM
Get better!!!

Steffy
12-21-2005, 12:42 AM
Merry Christmas DDAers!

Merry Christmas!!

ksoehrlein
12-21-2005, 12:53 AM

Becky
I'm so excited: another grammar question! (Yup, I'm a geek!)

I usually think of "then" when I'm talking about what comes next. Example: I'll go to WDW and THEN I'll worry about paying the bills. I like to remember it this way: THEN has the letters NE and so does NEXT.

I think of "than" when I'm thinking of amounts (again, the trick is that the letter A is shared by both THAN and AMOUNT). So for example: My DVC purchase cost less THAN my last 5 on-site stays.

Steffy
12-21-2005, 01:04 AM
Baloo, enjoy your vacation. We'll be good. :rolleyes:

Brendita Big time congrats on your weight loss. :cheer2:

Denise, let me think about the time you are traveling. I think it should be okay. Gotta look at the calendar though. I hate crowds at WDW. It changes everything.

I'll have to wait until tomorrow evening to post my new pictures. After I posted the before picture, I got the wind knocked out of me at work. I'm still in shock.

My DGS is still sick too. His fever was up to 103 last night. Keeps going up really high in the evening. His mother stayed home with him yesterday, his dad today. He just looks so sad...

Nite all. Gotta get some rest. I'm in for a really stressful day at work tomorrow.....

ReAnSt
12-21-2005, 01:07 AM

I usually think of "then" when I'm talking about what comes next. Example: I'll go to WDW and THEN I'll worry about paying the bills. I like to remember it this way: THEN has the letters NE and so does NEXT.

I think of "than" when I'm thinking of amounts (again, the trick is that the letter A is shared by both THAN and AMOUNT). So for example: My DVC purchase cost less THAN my last 5 on-site stays.

Thank you for the explanation.

So I guess I have been using them right I just pronounce both of them as then. I say less then greater then, even though I know to type less than. I never realized I did this until I gave a kid a spelling test and both of these were words, right in a row on the list couldn't figure out how to say them differently. The kid said to me you just told me that word, even though to me it was different.

Becky

ksoehrlein
12-21-2005, 01:10 AM
Denise,

I'm wondering about next year, too. Between your trip report, the Travel Channel, and the Food Network, I'm dying to stay at the GF next December -- and I even have DH convinced that it's something we NEED to do as a family. Major hurdle conquered right there. I'm dying to make my ressies now.

But...

DD will be in first grade next year and I'm nervous about taking her out of school and about skipping out of work during our year-end crunch time. Her school's winter break didn't start until 12/21 this year and I'm guessing it may be 12/22 next year. That should be OK for my work schedule, too, but isn't that too late for MVMCP? That's a must-do, dontcha think?

If only the school district would release next year's schedule sometime before June so we could know for sure...

disneyeveryyear
12-21-2005, 01:10 AM
Oh, I'm addicted, but at the moment I'm addicted and OBSESSED with picking dates for next December. DH is all freaked out by the big crowds I've read about this week (would be the week we go next year) vs earlier in the month. If we go later, the kids don't miss any school and we can go for a longer trip. Otherwise, we only go for 4 days/5 nights and the kids would miss 3 days of school. I can't wait for Tammi to get back to give me the scoop. So, I'm checking the TPAS board constantly looking for updates! I've already booked a package with AAA, so if we're changing, I need to do it ASAP.

Denise, we went Dec. 22 - 27 last year. The crowds were large, but I became a convert to TourGuideMike. I can honestly say we didn't wait in line more than 10 minutes for anything and saw everything we wanted to see. We even did the CP on Christmas Eve with dinner at Alfredo's.

I wouldn't hesitate to go Christmas week or pre-Christmas week if it would be better for the kids. On the other hand, I wouldn't hesitate to take them out of Kindergarten for a week either. We have done with both of ours, no big deal.

Good luck with your decision.

ksoehrlein
12-21-2005, 01:13 AM
So I guess I have been using them right I just pronounce both of them as then.
I do too. I guess for spelling test purposes, you'd have to pronounce "than" to rhyme with "an" even though that's not how you'd say it in real life. DD's only in Kindergarten and DS is only 2, so I haven't had to worry about it yet. Thanks for the warning. When spelling tests come our way, I'll have to remember to be extra careful in my pronounciation.

Steamboat Marti
12-21-2005, 01:20 AM
Denise,

I'm wondering about next year, too. Between your trip report, the Travel Channel, and the Food Network, I'm dying to stay at the GF next December -- and I even have DH convinced that it's something we NEED to do as a family. Major hurdle conquered right there. I'm dying to make my ressies now.

But...

DD will be in first grade next year and I'm nervous about taking her out of school and about skipping out of work during our year-end crunch time. Her school's winter break didn't start until 12/21 this year and I'm guessing it may be 12/22 next year. That should be OK for my work schedule, too, but isn't that too late for MVMCP? That's a must-do, dontcha think?

If only the school district would release next year's schedule sometime before June so we could know for sure...

Ask at the office of the school. They already know next years schedule now... and if they don't answer you or tell you that they don't know, keep asking until you find somebody that will answer you. Trust me, most schools know this information already. I have DS's teacher checking the schedule for me for next year... I'll know tomorrow when I go in. Just a thought...

ksoehrlein
12-21-2005, 02:00 AM
Thanks for the tip, Marti! Can you tell we're brand-new to this whole public-school thing? I'm also curious to find out when Spring Break 2007 will be. (It hinges on "Alabama Educators' Association week" rather than Easter, so I have no clue.) I'm hoping it will fall within the span of the APs we'll be buying in March.

dumby
12-21-2005, 02:37 AM

Great explanation. I knew the differnce just did not know how to post it. This one is easy for me. Now if I can figure out affect and effect. :rotfl:

rosiejo
12-21-2005, 04:04 AM
:goodvibes Clare -

What wonderful pictures. I think my favorite is the two of you in front of the water giggling at each other. The candids are my favorite (but don't tell Kate's grandma).

:rotfl: :rotfl2:

rosiejo
12-21-2005, 04:07 AM
Sitting by the window of her convent, Sister Barbara opened a letter from home one evening. Inside the letter was a $100 bill her parents had sent.

Sister Barbara smiled at the gesture. As she read the letter by the window, she noticed a shabbily dressed stranger leaning against the lamp post below.

Quickly, she wrote, "Don't despair. Sister Barbara," on a piece of paper, wrapped the $100 bill in it, got the man's attention and tossed it out the window to him. The stranger picked it up, and with a puzzled expression and a tip of his hat, went off down the street.

The next day, Sister Barbara was told that a man was at her door, insisting on seeing her. She went down, and found the stranger waiting. Without a word, he handed her a huge wad of $100 bills.

"What's this?" she asked. "That's the $8,000 you have coming Sister," he replied. "Don't Despair paid 80-to-1."

love it!

rosiejo
12-21-2005, 04:12 AM
Those pictures are great, Clare!

Thanks Denise - and I'm glad to hear that BK is on the mend - now you just need to get better so you can enjoy Christmas :goodvibes

rosiejo
12-21-2005, 04:13 AM

ETA:

Ah gee! I missed another one!!!! I must be around for 20,000...

rosiejo
12-21-2005, 04:20 AM

Becky
:blush: :blush: :blush:

Ahh I just had to go and look! My friends at work laugh at me as I get embarrased by that kind of stuff so easily. We used to have a section on our website where small businesses could advertise and put up links to their websites - and I had to check daily to make sure there weren't any dodgy sites listed (I work for a bank and we have to be careful with our reputation). Anyway any time I came across a business doing anything "adult" I had to do a "flesh check" on the website - only I always had to get my friend to do it so I didn't have to look :rotfl:

rosiejo
12-21-2005, 04:26 AM
Eh, it's nothing really. In high school, I was really close to my cheerleading coach (who was just a few years older than I). We stayed in contact, she came to my wedding, and she got me the job coaching with her (JV Football and Varsity basketball) the last couple of years. I mentioned that job earlier.....

So anyway, I've known her for years, we've stayed close, etc. For the last, I dont know.... 8 months, we would talk now and then (even since I stopped coaching) and she'd almost immediately remind me how many days I had until my trip (because she and her husband were counting down as well, and left a few days before us).

Well, I haven't really talked to her since about 2 weeks before the trip. We were both busy, etc and she said she would leave a message for us and call on Wednesday just so we could say hello and maybe grab a bite to eat. We were realistic, we didn't plan any big meet.... just a phone call or two to say hello and get a picture or a drink since we happened to be there at the same time.

No phone call, no answer, etc. I wasn't that worried about it becuase again, we were both busy and weren't planning on hanging out anyway. I just kept an eye out for her, and we'd chat if we ran into one another.

Well, on Thursday, I hear "Jennifer!" and turn around, as they stroll on bye, hardly waving. They weren't in a hurry, and we were just sitting there so I found it odd that she didn't stop and talk. That's all.... and now it's just been bugging me. It doesn't sound like much, she just looked like she SO wanted nothing to do with us.... :confused3 Strange.

Not a big deal though, it honestly bugged me less than it would have if it were several other people. Just odd :confused3

:goodvibes

How odd?? You'd think if she didn't want to speak to you she wouldn't have shouted and got your attention... Have you spoken to he since you got home?

rosiejo
12-21-2005, 04:43 AM
49 is when everything went to H***.
For years I thought I had food allergies.
No I have Closed Ileocecal Valve.
A disorder of the small & large intestines.
So my diet of what I'm allowed to eat.
That don't make me sick.
Is mostly cooked fruit, cooked vegetables, water.
I can eat apples & oranges & drink green decafe tea with honey.
No popcorn, potatoes, nuts, seeds, whole grains, soy, dairy, fruit juice,
coca, chocolate, caffeine, sugar, pepper, only white meat, rice, noodles.
I'm a lot better off health wise.
Sometimes I just want........
Dr. Pepper, Steak, twice baked potatoes, corn on the cob, cheesecake.
I asked my Dr. when the H*** can I eat what I want?
Christmas, Thanksgiving, your Birthday, & on vacation.
So the 1st night on my vacation this is what I had. http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a10/Brendita93056/WDWVacation2005-003.jpg
OMG it was good.

I can so agree with you Brenda - I have IBS and am lactose intolerant so in order to avoid feeling constantly nauseous and stomach cramps I had to cut out as much dairy as possible - so all the chocolate/cakes/biscuits/crisps/cr@p I used to eat have gone - before I knew about it I used to drink copious amounts of milk on cereal and nothing stayed down - I went from 10.5 stone to 8.5 stone in about 6 months it was awful. (10.6 apparently is my ideal weight for my size). I cut out all the bad stuff and managed to stabalize at about 9.5 - seems eating cakes and chocolate makes me thinner!!! (but very ill)

But I really miss that "bad" stuff sometimes... so when we were in WDW I thought - s0d it I'm on vacation and we ate pancakes from IHOP about 7 times! :rolleyes1

rosiejo
12-21-2005, 04:48 AM

Oh Marti - I hope you're feeling better. I've always been fine with the dentist but then we went to a new one a couple of years back and I only needed a small filling - he put the anesthetic in my nerve too which was awful - but then as he was doing the filling he was spraying water in my mouth and had hooked this stupid suction pipe on my lip that just stuck to my tongue - so the water was pooling in the back of my throat - I was trying to swallow - which is hard with your mouth wide open - and then my reaction was just to sit up in the chair and choke... at which point he was like - well if you stopped trying to swallow you'd be fine! ????????

I walked out of the room when he was done and had a full blown panic attack in the waiting room - luckily DH was there to look after me.

Obvioulsy after that I changed dentist! The first time I got back in the chair I was a wreck - but I've been a few times this summer for fillings and he is lovely and I've not had a problem.

Try not to worry about it - you'll be fine next time :grouphug: :wizard:

rosiejo
12-21-2005, 04:53 AM
I don't have a horse in this race, as they say, but I would vote for taking the kids out of school.

Growing up, I never went to WDW other than at the height of summer. Now, having gone at "non-peak" times, I would do everything I could to avoid those more common vacation times - it does make such a difference. Your attitude is so much better, you have more energy, you're getting to do all the things you want to do so you're happy, etc.

Plus, you guys have experienced such a good time frame - it might be hard to go at a busier time, particularly when your kids are still pretty young, knowing how your trip was this year.

Just my 2 cents - take it or leave it. But, good luck! (Life's always good as long as you have a trip to plan!)

I'm inclined to agree - we always went peak when we were kids and I thought that busy was normal - then we went early November two years ago and it was quiet and we walked onto everything and I just loved it so much more - this year we did the same two weeks and then the one leading up to halloween - and it was sooo busy - I hated it! We hardly got anything doen for all the crowds.

I'd love to go at xmas but would rather stick to the quieter times.

rosiejo
12-21-2005, 04:54 AM
I'll have to wait until tomorrow evening to post my new pictures. After I posted the before picture, I got the wind knocked out of me at work. I'm still in shock.

What happened Steffy?? Hope you're ok?

rosiejo
12-21-2005, 04:56 AM
Sorry about the posting frenzy guys...

I finished work yesterday for the holidays! Hooray! Today I have to run some errands and go to the bank to change my name on the account... v exciting!

MazdaUK
12-21-2005, 07:41 AM
More or less caught up - what were the reindeer cookies?

my3princes
12-21-2005, 08:26 AM
Not to lose any.
To stay off.
From size 12 to size 8.
Since 6/?/5.

Way to go. Keeping it off can be the hard part. Stay diligent.

I went from a size 18 to a size 10, but I think a 12 would fit better now. I will not allow myself to keep on the pounds that I lost and I certainly hope to lose the rest of my "baby" weight. Can I actually call it "baby weight" 10 + years later? :rotfl:

Deb

my3princes
12-21-2005, 08:42 AM

Denise, let me think about the time you are traveling. I think it should be okay. Gotta look at the calendar though. I hate crowds at WDW. It changes everything.

My DGS is still sick too. His fever was up to 103 last night. Keeps going up really high in the evening. His mother stayed home with him yesterday, his dad today. He just looks so sad...

Nite all. Gotta get some rest. I'm in for a really stressful day at work tomorrow.....

Her some :wizard: :wizard: for your DGS. It seems that kids are sick across the country. It must be worse this year than in previous years.

And here's some more :wizard: :wizard: to help you through your workday. Hopefully all will go well and you can share some more pictures. :cheer2:

Deb

tmfranlk
12-21-2005, 08:46 AM
But...

Does the school district have a web site? If so, have you checked for the calendar there? I was able to find my sister's schedule for next year several months ago. My mom didn't even know that it was available yet. It just appeared on the website and they weren't actually notified in writing until a couple of months later.

tmfranlk
12-21-2005, 08:47 AM

That is always a sign of feeling better! Congrats on the lost tooth as well. Your tooth fairy sure is busy lately.

tmfranlk
12-21-2005, 08:51 AM

How scary! I hope that everything is okay now and you didn't get hurt in any other way.

tmfranlk
12-21-2005, 08:52 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about your dentist experience, Marti! I hate the dentist as well so you're doing better than I am having gotten through so much unscathed.

tink2020
12-21-2005, 09:02 AM
Jennifer, how were the crowds last week? What day did you come home?

We came home on the 18th. I thought the crowds were WAY more than I expected. As we walked around, it felt very crowded, but the lines were still all less than 20 minutes (except for like.... Soarin, etc which were at about 40). So it wasn't as bad as it seemed, I guess. Much better than summer, etc still!

tink2020
12-21-2005, 09:04 AM

:wizard: :grouphug:

tink2020
12-21-2005, 09:07 AM
How odd?? You'd think if she didn't want to speak to you she wouldn't have shouted and got your attention... Have you spoken to he since you got home?

Nope, not at all :confused3

rosiejo
12-21-2005, 09:55 AM
Those lovely photopass people just gave me an extra 30 days - so I thought I'd share http://disneyphotopass.go.com/DPI/r.d?i=338885636

:0)

tink2020
12-21-2005, 10:04 AM
Those lovely photopass people just gave me an extra 30 days - so I thought I'd share http://disneyphotopass.go.com/DPI/r.d?i=338885636

They look great! You had way cuter borders to use than I could find! :goodvibes

julia & nicks mom
12-21-2005, 11:01 AM
Good morning all!!

Good News - Bad News

Nick is back to his normal monkey self!! :cheer2:

Julia is sick now -if there is good news to that it is that she isn't contagious - I have not gotten an official diagnosis yet but it burns when she goes to the bathroom and she is running in there every five minutes and nothing - so I am pretty sure she has a UTI - poor little thing!! But she can go play with her cousins and we will go to the doctor this afternoon!

tink2020
12-21-2005, 11:11 AM
Good morning all!!

Good News - Bad News

Julia is sick now -if there is good news to that it is that she isn't contagious - I have not gotten an official diagnosis yet but it burns when she goes to the bathroom and she is running in there every five minutes and nothing - so I am pretty sure she has a UTI - poor little thing!! But she can go play with her cousins and we will go to the doctor this afternoon!

Glad to hear Nick is feeling better..... Julia: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

MinnieMouseMom
12-21-2005, 11:22 AM
Good morning all!!

Good News - Bad News

Yay for Nick! PD for Julia :wizard: but thank goodness it's not contagious! ;)

MinnieMouseMom
12-21-2005, 11:27 AM

Great pictures!! princess:

bear74
12-21-2005, 12:04 PM
[QUOTE=triplefigs]Hi, everyone. Well, BK is much better! she ate a ton today and even had an "attitude" and got time-out. So, all is well! :rotfl:

Yeah BK. So glad she is feeling better. So have all of them lost a tooth now?
Hope the ENT appt. goes well.
So is that glass Ginger bread house coming from the Grandflordian next year.

bear74
12-21-2005, 12:16 PM
Ah gee! I missed another one!!!! I must be around for 20,000...
dont feel bad I haven't been around when any of them have been made either.

rosiejo
12-21-2005, 12:26 PM
They look great! You had way cuter borders to use than I could find! :goodvibes

It was a bit hit and miss with the borders - AK doesn't have any - just logos. I wanted to put borders on all of them!

tinker1bell
12-21-2005, 12:29 PM
Good morning all!!

Good News - Bad News

Kate,

No fun, I can feel her pain. Hope she gets better fast. Being that young I cannot even imagine how she feels.

bear74
12-21-2005, 12:29 PM
Good morning all!!

Good News - Bad News

yeah Nick.
Poor Julia UTI's are not fun. :grouphug: :wizard: for her

bear74
12-21-2005, 12:34 PM
It was a bit hit and miss with the borders - AK doesn't have any - just logos. I wanted to put borders on all of them!
nice pics. you guys look happy.

triplefigs
12-21-2005, 12:39 PM
Brantley-Kate's first tooth! Rees has lost 2, Davis NONE (and he is MAD! :rotfl: His aren't even loose...)

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/e0e76655.jpg (http://photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/?)

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/5c3627f4.jpg (http://photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/?)

triplefigs
12-21-2005, 12:50 PM
Here's the gingerbread house we (I!) made. And, yes, I'd love a ceramic one from the GF. Do they make them? I didn't see one.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/IMG_1369.jpg (http://photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/?)

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/f8082058.jpg (http://photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/?)

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/67475c26.jpg (http://photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/?)

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/8444ff15.jpg (http://photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/?)

bear74
12-21-2005, 12:55 PM
Here's the gingerbread house we (I!) made. And, yes, I'd love a ceramic one from the GF. Do they make them? I didn't see one.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/IMG_1369.jpg (http://photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/?)

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/f8082058.jpg (http://photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/?)

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/67475c26.jpg (http://photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/?)

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/8444ff15.jpg (http://photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/?)
too cute. I dont know if they make them. I guess I just assumed.

tink2020
12-21-2005, 01:13 PM

That's all I'm showing for every park is logos! Oh well... my order already shipped, so I'm glad they didn't show up now :rolleyes:

If only my stupid photo movie order would ship.... I ordered that earlier, and want it more! :rotfl:

tink2020
12-21-2005, 01:14 PM
Brantley-Kate's first tooth! Rees has lost 2, Davis NONE (and he is MAD! :rotfl: His aren't even loose...)

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/e0e76655.jpg (http://photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/?)

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/5c3627f4.jpg (http://photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/?)

Yaaaay BK! (I was wondering how Davis felt :rolleyes: )

tink2020
12-21-2005, 01:15 PM

That looks incredible! We bought stuff for a gingerbread house every year for I don't know how long until this year. Each year we thought we liked making them...... :earseek: :earseek: :earseek: It was always the WORST day for us, fighting, etc because we coudln't make it stay together :rotfl:

ReAnSt
12-21-2005, 01:17 PM
I do too. I guess for spelling test purposes, you'd have to pronounce "than" to rhyme with "an" even though that's not how you'd say it in real life. DD's only in Kindergarten and DS is only 2, so I haven't had to worry about it yet. Thanks for the warning. When spelling tests come our way, I'll have to remember to be extra careful in my pronounciation.

I don't have any kids. I was volunteering at a school and the teacher gave her students individual spelling tests, each kid had their own individual list of words according to their ability. This was a first grade class some kids were still working on sight words, others had some pretty advanced words on their list. If they didn't master the word that week they had it on their list again the next week. She was a pretty amazing teacher.

But one of the things I did as a volunteer was conduct the one on one spelling tests. Word pronunciation was one of my issues because there are so many words that I pronounce the same even though they are different.

Becky

tink2020
12-21-2005, 01:19 PM
Thanks to all of you who are reading my trip report..... I was planning on getting the rest done today, and I'm still trying, but now I'm sick as a dog. Out of NOWHERE! I kept thinking to myself that I haven't been sick really once even after you all kept sharing stuff..... :confused3

I actually think it's root canal related. I was supposed to start a course of antibiotics IMMEDIATELY after the treatment. My dentist stressed the immediately part, as they release all sorts of bacteria and other gunk when they fix those things (YUCK!). Well, nurses never make good patients................ :rolleyes:

So today I woke up and felt a little flu-like...... and then by noon I had a fever of 102 and was weak, etc .... chilling.... the normal infection garbage. But bad, and quick. So Kyle went and filled my prescription (two days late) and is force feeding me penicillin at a slightly faster rate than prescribed :rolleyes: I just slept for an hour and feel a little better.... but now I'm on my laptop with no pictures.

If this is really what I think, I'll be better after a few more rounds, I'm sure of it :goodvibes

Thanks, though for the comments! :teeth:

disneyeveryyear
12-21-2005, 01:43 PM
Kate - Sorry Julia isn't feeling well. I gave the bus driver her sweatshirt this a.m., I'll let you know how she likes it.

Denise - I think your gingerbread house is adorable. It looks like it was made with "love." BK looks terribly excited to lose her first tooth. Davis will just have to realize that good things come to those who wait. DS11 didn's lose his first tooth until he was about 6 1/2 (in first grade). He thought he would never lose a tooth.

Jennifer - sorry you aren't feeling well. Double yuck on the root canal. I have had three done. I guess it was so long ago I don't even remember taking antibiotics. Be a good patient now and take them PRN (or faster).

Happy holidays to the rest of you also.

mommykds
12-21-2005, 02:11 PM

I like to go when there are less crowds, but thats just me..some people like the "excitement" of the crowds during the holidays :confused3 (but that's not me!) I'd pick going earlier when most kids are still in school rather than closer to Christmas when more people are down there. Your kids are young so missing 3 days (to me) would not ne too bad. My guys will be missing 4 days next year for our October (mnsshp) trip & the oldest will be in 5th grade. :earseek:

mommykds
12-21-2005, 02:12 PM
Thanks to all of you who are reading my trip report..... I was planning on getting the rest done today, and I'm still trying, but now I'm sick as a dog. Out of NOWHERE! I kept thinking to myself that I haven't been sick really once even after you all kept sharing stuff..... :confused3

I actually think it's root canal related. I was supposed to start a course of antibiotics IMMEDIATELY after the treatment. My dentist stressed the immediately part, as they release all sorts of bacteria and other gunk when they fix those things (YUCK!). Well, nurses never make good patients................ :rolleyes:

So today I woke up and felt a little flu-like...... and then by noon I had a fever of 102 and was weak, etc .... chilling.... the normal infection garbage. But bad, and quick. So Kyle went and filled my prescription (two days late) and is force feeding me penicillin at a slightly faster rate than prescribed :rolleyes: I just slept for an hour and feel a little better.... but now I'm on my laptop with no pictures.

If this is really what I think, I'll be better after a few more rounds, I'm sure of it :goodvibes

Hope you feel better soon! Great report & pictures!

mommykds
12-21-2005, 02:13 PM

The gingerbread house came out GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

mommykds
12-21-2005, 02:15 PM

Congrats Brantley-Kate!!!!!!!!!!

mommykds
12-21-2005, 02:19 PM
Good morning all!!

Good News - Bad News

Oh that's horrible!! I hope she is feeling better for Christmas. :goodvibes

mommykds
12-21-2005, 03:22 PM
I am joining in on the diet forum right after the holidays..I lost alot gained it back, lost alot, gained it back....now I am looking to lose permanently in 2006! I'd like to look nice for our October 2006 WDW trip...I know what to eat but with my kids schedule its hard to keep control when you are running around alot. Heres to all of us who WILL succeed in 2006! :wave:

rosiejo
12-21-2005, 03:24 PM

WOW! That's fantastic - I wish I were that creative :goodvibes

rosiejo
12-21-2005, 03:26 PM

Jennifer! You must take your meds when told to... insert shaking finger smilie here - seriously though get some rest we can wait for your trip report :teeth: Get well soon

bear74
12-21-2005, 03:58 PM

oh no!!
get well soon. :grouphug: :wizard:

bear74
12-21-2005, 04:04 PM
okay I just spent the past 3 hours wrapping christmas presents. Still not done as I ran out of tape. DH is supposed to bring some home.

mommykds
12-21-2005, 04:07 PM
okay I just spent the past 3 hours wrapping christmas presents. Still not done as I ran out of tape. DH is supposed to bring some home.

Agh! I hate when that happens!!!! :bitelip:

mommykds
12-21-2005, 04:18 PM
I was done wrapping weeks ago..but today I went to mall to just walk around & wouldn't you know it, I found just one more thing for my oldest dd, one more thing for my DH, one more thing for my ds, & something for me! ;) So now I have to wrap some more tonight!!!!

That's the problem with shopping early, I keep finding "just one more thing"!!! I think I went alittle overboard this year. :blush:

KMH1
12-21-2005, 04:21 PM

Tsk, tsk, Jennifer! :teeth: I practically begged my doctor for some antibiotics yesterday, but nooooooo.... :rotfl:

Seriously though, I hope you feel better soon! :goodvibes

And here's some major PD for Julia :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: because I can't imagine a UTI at four. Poor baby!

Since Kevin and I are both children of divorce (which means, we both have big, extended families) and he's a local politician and active church-goer, we send out over 200 Christmas cards each year. :earseek: Only 42 left to go!!! :Pinkbounc

And then, there's still about 25 presents left to wrap. It's only December 21st, right? :teeth:

miss missy
12-21-2005, 04:27 PM
going back to catch up. Been shopping and wrapping. Hope everyone is well and that those kiddies are all better! I'lllllllllllllllll be back!

julia & nicks mom
12-21-2005, 04:28 PM
well - I have good news - bad news

good news is - Julia's urine dip came back negative - now we are just waiting on the culture - doctor is not sure why it hurt her to pee :rolleyes:

bad news is - she has strep throat - I would have never guessed that - no fever and she has acted fairly normal today - if not for her complaint about going potty I would have never considered taking her into the doctor and the doctor was shocked - she ran the test b/c Julia's throat was just a little bit red!

and I have a VERY VERY VERY sad little girl who is sitting on the couch sobbing and begging me to let her go to her granny's house and to be with her cousins - it is KILLING me to say no!

DH is coming home to stay with them while I go to dinner but I am not sure I could possible enjoy myself - just 24 hours and then I can take her over

miss missy
12-21-2005, 04:36 PM

Deb

I know this is a day old... reading on. How is he today? Is the runs from medication he is on? How is the cheek? :grouphug: to you guys

Glynis
12-21-2005, 04:36 PM
Denise - Tell Davis not to worry about not losing a tooth, yet. Our dentist told us that the longer it takes them to fall out, the stronger the permanent teeth will be. Of course that's no consolation to a 5 year old who's siblings have already lost teeth. Tell him to hang in there.

Kate - I'm so glad that Julia doesn't have a UTI. I started having them at about her age, and it has progressed to bladder infections, kidney infections and kidney stones. Don't know if it's all related, but they all really hurt. As for the strep, make sure you completely sanitize everything she has touched lately. Change her sheets, Lysol anywhere she has sat, Clorox the toilet, walls and counters. Strep lives on and doesn't die. It just sits there and waits for some unsuspecting person to touch it and it will start all over again. It's a pain, but it will save the rest of your family in the long run.

Well, I'm on my 5th batch of pumpkin bread, and my house smells wonderful. If any of you were close enough I'd invite you over for cocoa and pumpkin bread fresh out of the oven. I wish you all the Merriest of Christmases, or the Happiest of Holidays. I just love this season! It brings out the best in me.

bear74
12-21-2005, 04:55 PM

good news is - Julia's urine dip came back negative - now we are just waiting on the culture - doctor is not sure why it hurt her to pee :rolleyes:

bad news is - she has strep throat - I would have never guessed that - no fever and she has acted fairly normal today - if not for her complaint about going potty I would have never considered taking her into the doctor and the doctor was shocked - she ran the test b/c Julia's throat was just a little bit red!

and I have a VERY VERY VERY sad little girl who is sitting on the couch sobbing and begging me to let her go to her granny's house and to be with her cousins - it is KILLING me to say no!

DH is coming home to stay with them while I go to dinner but I am not sure I could possible enjoy myself - just 24 hours and then I can take her over
glad she does not have a UTI but poor baby Strep acck! Hope she feels better and can play with her cousins tomorrow.

tink2020
12-21-2005, 05:12 PM

Aww, poor Julia! Hopefully she and Daddy and Nick can have some fun tonight :guilty: :wizard:

tink2020
12-21-2005, 05:36 PM
I'm not sure if I ever showed these. They were from Princesses on Ice (and the day of)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/tink2020/DarbybeforeCGA2.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/tink2020/PrincessJenniferandPrincessDarbyshi.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/tink2020/JenniferandDarby.jpg

tink2020
12-21-2005, 05:37 PM
A few others that I just came across that I never got off my digital camera card :rotfl:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/tink2020/Theawithbone4.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/tink2020/c52bb82b.jpg

from HallZOOween, my sister and I:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/tink2020/8b399f8f.jpg

tink2020
12-21-2005, 05:38 PM
And one that seems fitting in the light of all the Christmas present rush...

IN the Mall of America, I swear to you:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/tink2020/8b149bd4.jpg

:rotfl: :rotfl2:

miss missy
12-21-2005, 05:41 PM
Colby had his wound check today and everything looks good. He does have a black eye now, but I think that my nephew gave it to him this morning. They said the "runs" are a side effect of the antibiotic and it will probably last the duration of the treatment. As long as he doesn't get an infection I can deal with the runs.Deb

I though so with the runs and meds. At least it isn't the flu :)

miss missy
12-21-2005, 05:45 PM
Deb,
What is the WISH forum? I know that I sure need to eat better. The thing is, when we were in WDW, all the walking helped. I cannot handle treadmills and with all the snow and ice here, walking outside is not possible. I may have to get back going to the mall and power walk with all the other people who go there
Terry

I started walking in Feb. Snow, cold, ice... no matter! I also lost almaost 20 lbs!!! I have slacked since right before the trip and now with xmas, time is gone, I am doing it after the holidays too. My pants are getting tight and I HATE that feeling! It is soooo possible to drop lbs when we are willing to do the work.

miss missy
12-21-2005, 05:49 PM

Becky

:rotfl: :badpc: customer, not pc LOL

babytrees
12-21-2005, 05:59 PM
Denise,

But...

Is your school on a 3 year approved calendar(ours is....I was on the committee that approved it) Our last day of school was also today the 21st...but I think it's the 20th next year(the last year of this three year rotation. )

You can always ask the secretarys at your school or call your district office and ask because, at least in CO, each district has to have next years calendar in by now.

Have fun planning!!

Theresa

MinnieMouseMom
12-21-2005, 06:15 PM

Congrats, BK!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

mommykds
12-21-2005, 06:21 PM
All right you DDA's...I need some planning advice.

We are working on plans to go back to Disney either..

Late August - Pros - Don't have to take the kids out of school. Cons - hot & summer crowds, no special events (mnsshp,mvmcp)

Early October - Pros - MNSSHP, lower crowds, not as hot as summer, still value season. Cons - Would have to take my 3 kids out of school for 4 days.

December - right before Christmas - Pros - special events, holiday decorations, maybe 2-3 days out of school. Cons - sometimes cold, regular season

Hmmmm...what to do???? I really liked October 2005 but I worry (as I did this year & everything was o.k anyway!) about taking them out of school. I hate the thought of August but I have heard that it isn't so bad crowd wise at the end of Aug. We have been 2 times in December before, one time was very cold. Everyone got sick while we were there & it was cold...Did I mention it was cold?

I'd like to see what all my DDA friends think???