PDA

View Full Version : ***Disney Design Addict's Chit Chat,Designs and Pixie Dust! Everybody WELCOME!*** Part 5

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

KMH1
12-15-2005, 02:41 PM
Oh Lynn, where are you? Is everything okay? Has Kate sent you a special PM wondering how you are? You haven't posted since 12/12...

Amy :)

my3princes
12-15-2005, 02:42 PM
Marti is absolutely right...it should be "too." You get a gold star Marti and that's a really cute poem Deb. :goodvibes

Thanks guys, I'll fix it soon.

Deb

julia & nicks mom
12-15-2005, 02:42 PM
Without anybody getting mad at me, I always get this wrong. Is there a short way to educate me so that I can get it right next time??

I always get this one wrong too!!

KMH1
12-15-2005, 02:43 PM
Some of you will think I'm certifiable, others will think this is cute.

Our second Christmas in our new home was in 2001. My oldest was 6. He was sure that there was no such thing as Santa. Didn't matter what we told him, he was sure. So on Christmas Eve the kids went to bed. I put on my Santa Suit (Costume Nut Remember). I had Chris video tape me putting the presents under the tree. I was careful to always keep my back to the camera. Chris kept making little comments like "Deb wake up" and "Nobodies going to believe this". He taped me for several minutes, I ate the cookies, drank the milk and slipped out the sliding door. I even had bells outside to shake as the reindeer took off. The next morning Chris announced his amazing night time adventure. And he had proof that Santa truly existed. The kids watched the video in awe and have not questioned Santas existance since. They are huge advocates even at age 8 and 10. I have no idea where the tape is now, probably a good thing as they might not buy it now, but that memory will always be with them. They both have kids that do not celebrate Christmas in their classes that tell them that it is just their parents, they tell them that they don't get presents because they don't believe, but they know because they have him on tape. Someday the magic will die, but I will make it last as long as possible.

Deb

Well, if Kate shared this story, I would say she's certifiable, but since it came from you, Deb, I think this is an awesome story!!! :goodvibes

KMH1
12-15-2005, 02:44 PM
I don't know - why don't you stop posting and we'll see!! :earboy2:

Hello Queen. How nice of you to join us this afternoon. :teeth:

Steamboat Marti
12-15-2005, 02:45 PM
Good thing - cause that would be enough to scare the crap out of any kid! :rotfl2:

I wondered if anybody would notice that part!

julia & nicks mom
12-15-2005, 02:50 PM
Oh Lynn, where are you? Is everything okay? Has Kate sent you a special PM wondering how you are? You haven't posted since 12/12...

If you bothered to learn everyone's posting habits - you would see that Lynn often goes 2 or 3 days without posting -

she posted on 12/12
12/9
12/7

so it is not unusual for her to be off for a few days - whereas Denise and Marti hardly go a couple of hours without posting - so an entire day without a post from either of them can be quite alarming

in addition - I see that a lot of Atlanta is without power and I was wondering if Lynn was a part of this - I did plan on checking a little later to see if she had power

Steamboat Marti
12-15-2005, 02:51 PM
Well, if Kate shared this story, I would say she's certifiable, but since it came from you, Deb, I think this is an awesome story!!! :goodvibes

I agree with Amy -- of course, I have to! Watch out, I think I hear Angela getting mad at me !

Steamboat Marti
12-15-2005, 02:52 PM
If you bothered to learn everyone's posting habits - you would see that Lynn often goes 2 or 3 days without posting -

she posted on 12/12
12/9
12/7

so it is not unusual for her to be off for a few days - whereas Denise and Marti hardly go a couple of hours without posting - so an entire day without a post from either of them can be quite alarming

in addition - I see that a lot of Atlanta is without power and I was wondering if Lynn was a part of this - I did plan on checking a little later to see if she had power

See, nothing gets past the Queen - that's why she is the Queen. I'll be back later - I actually have some stuff to get done today!!!

KMH1
12-15-2005, 02:54 PM
See, nothing gets past the Queen - that's why she is the Queen. I'll be back later - I actually have some stuff to get done today!!!

Yes, I think the Queen has run me off too. :rotfl:

julia & nicks mom
12-15-2005, 02:54 PM
Hello Queen. How nice of you to join us this afternoon. :teeth:

I was watching Dr. Phil from yesterday and I was crying so hard I had to take a break

it is his holiday show where he has a bunch of kids come to a party and he spoils them rotten

last year it was kids who had a parent in Iraq

this year it is kids who either lost their home in Katrina or who did something to help Katrina victims

the interviews always get me

one mom said (in a seperate interview from her son) - how can I look at my little boy and tell him everything is going to be okay when I don't even know if it will

then they interviewed him alone and he said "mom - I just want you to know everything is going to be okay b/c we still have each other and I love you very much"

okay crying just typing it up again!!

bear74
12-15-2005, 02:58 PM
Hi, everyone. No, unfortunately I am really, really sick and Brantley-Kate has been vomiting for 24 hours... I can barely catch my breath from coughing. I'm on antibiotics and a nebulizer, but it's not helping. Hopefully, we'll make it to the Christmas Party at school tomorrow.

Oh, and we had a huge ice storm in Atlanta last pm. Roads are ok, but we lost tons of limbs off trees. It will likely refreeze tonight. Fun- NOT!
Dennis i hope you get better soon. i'm sure you habe lots of presents to wrap and baking to do.
I hope BK gets better soon.
How is Rees feeling.
Hope Davisdoesn't get it.

julia & nicks mom
12-15-2005, 03:01 PM
I agree with Amy -- of course, I have to! Watch out, I think I hear Angela getting mad at me !

It is actually Heidi - not Angela -

PoohAngel is Angela - Pooh67_68 is Heidi

man you guys would suck at being queen!! :rotfl2:

triplefigs
12-15-2005, 03:03 PM

she posted on 12/12
12/9
12/7

Just emailed Lynn and got this response.

I have really missed ya'll. I have been so busy at work I don't even dare pull the disboards up cause I would be to tempted to start reading. You know it is all down hill from there cause then you can't get off.

We had power off and on this morning but schools were in. I was really surprised since everything is so iced over.

Any knews that I have missed out on. I have been checking in at night reading a couple of pages. I know about Amys' new little one. How is Brenda doing?? Is she still planning on joining us here??

I really, really enjoyed your trip reports. After the 2nd day of looking at the pictures I could actually tell the boys apart. Now when I see their picture on your siggie I can't believe I ever had a problem before not telling them apart.

Thanks for checking in with me. Maybe I can sit down tonight and have some ME time and say hi to everyone

bear74
12-15-2005, 03:08 PM
:blush: Thank you. Just what every mom loves to hear. :goodvibes
Hey, Midnight I just noticed you changed your Sig. cute pic otf the Kids is it last years? noticed the date was 2004.

poohangel
12-15-2005, 03:14 PM
Thanks for clearing that up Queenie! I was actually wondering why in the world would I be getting mad.

tinker1bell
12-15-2005, 03:21 PM
:cold: I've heard lots of complaints about weather, but I had to share. I woke up to sunny skies here in Vermont this morning. We have a balmy -10 degrees here. The kids won't even be able to go out to recess it's so cold. Expecting a huge snowstorm tomorrow. Hopefully it will warm things up a bit. I love the snow, but can live with temps in the positive numbers.
:cold:

Deb

Deb,
Wish it was sunny here. It is snowing and I even left work early. Roads were slippery. Yesterday morning it was 7 degrees :earseek: :cold:
Tomorrow morning they are predicting freezing rain. Told Steffy not to expect me to work until that stuff turns to slush :rotfl:

Tammi67
12-15-2005, 03:22 PM

Our second Christmas in our new home was in 2001. My oldest was 6. He was sure that there was no such thing as Santa. Didn't matter what we told him, he was sure. So on Christmas Eve the kids went to bed. I put on my Santa Suit (Costume Nut Remember). I had Chris video tape me putting the presents under the tree. I was careful to always keep my back to the camera. Chris kept making little comments like "Deb wake up" and "Nobodies going to believe this". He taped me for several minutes, I ate the cookies, drank the milk and slipped out the sliding door. I even had bells outside to shake as the reindeer took off. The next morning Chris announced his amazing night time adventure. And he had proof that Santa truly existed. The kids watched the video in awe and have not questioned Santas existance since. They are huge advocates even at age 8 and 10. I have no idea where the tape is now, probably a good thing as they might not buy it now, but that memory will always be with them. They both have kids that do not celebrate Christmas in their classes that tell them that it is just their parents, they tell them that they don't get presents because they don't believe, but they know because they have him on tape. Someday the magic will die, but I will make it last as long as possible.

Deb
How heartwarming that is, and what a great idea!

bear74
12-15-2005, 03:23 PM
Thank You Queen :worship: for keeping us all in check. :rotfl2:

ksoehrlein
12-15-2005, 03:24 PM
MidNite, I love the picture in your sig! Was it taken at the Riverchase Galleria? I think I recognize Santa -- and by the way, I think he is the one, true Santa Claus!

Tammi67
12-15-2005, 03:25 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

bear74
12-15-2005, 03:27 PM

Deb
Deb,
that is such a cute story.

bear74
12-15-2005, 03:44 PM
Okay I am not caught up.
We went to the trail of lights last night in Austin.
WE saw several displays tha featured Disney character.
Mickey and Minnie, Pluto and goofy
Snow White and the 7 dwarfs
Ariel, flounder, sebastion, king trition and Urusla and her 2 eels
Beauty and the beast with chip, Mrs Potts cogsworth and luminer
Pooh, eeyore, piglet, gopher, christopher robin, owl, rabbit and tigger, kanga and roo.

miss missy
12-15-2005, 03:45 PM
I did read that -

I got hardly anything done! I wrapped all my in-law gifts - which is a good bit - but my side is just waiting to go!!

There are 7 grandkids in my family - soon to be 8 :goodvibes and we SPOIL them rotten!! I am the only one who lives here - so my mom and I do all the shopping and wrapping - when my sisters show up - Christmas is ready and waiting for them - pretty sweet deal if you ask me!

look what they sent me this year for shopping for them:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/kfeldmann/44693zoom.jpg

I am just catching up! You ladies talked up a storm since I left work last night!

I want that wreath!! awesome!

miss missy
12-15-2005, 03:46 PM
My dad emailed this to me, so naturally I thought of all of my DDA buddies.... its too cute!

Why Santa likes RED....
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/Steamboat123/santa.jpg

I love it!!!!!!!!!

miss missy
12-15-2005, 03:55 PM
I love to wrap too!!! I hate gift bags - I think it is the wimp's way out (my apologies to anyone who uses gift bags!!)

My MIL only uses gift bags and I hate it - I love to rip open gifts - that is half the fun!!!!!!

Marti - drinking and wrapping - now that might now be a bad idea!! I might be less of a perfectionist with a few drinks in me!!

BTW - did you know that sendind a PM to Marti doesn't get to you :confused3 why can't they figure out who I mean? :rotfl:

Kate... kids love to open wtapped gifts too! Are you like me and take things out and put batteried in before you wrap, that way its ready for the kids!

You cant not be a TRUE wrapper until you have eggnog spiked with kahlua while wrapping! IT IS A MUST to be in the wrapping club girlfriend! :rotfl:

bear74
12-15-2005, 04:10 PM
I just got my confirmation email from the disnrystore my Mickey luggage is on the way. i got the black 3 piece set plus the garment bag plus tink fashion doll for DD, new watch for me, I broke my pooh watch, princess stamps, total was over 100 so got free shipping. also used the lastchance code to get 30% off.

Steamboat Marti
12-15-2005, 04:17 PM

a) OK - in my defense I knew it was Pooh something.....

2) why the heck do you think I'm not queen - I knew I'd suck at it...

c) how the heck do you keep everybody straight?

miss missy
12-15-2005, 04:25 PM
I've heard lots of complaints about weather, but I had to share. I woke up to sunny skies here in Vermont this morning. We have a balmy -10 degrees here. The kids won't even be able to go out to recess it's so cold. Expecting a huge snowstorm tomorrow. Hopefully it will warm things up a bit. I love the snow, but can live with temps in the positive numbers.
:cold:

Deb

same here Deb.... cold as cold gets AND storm in the am too. DH having wisdom teeth out too.. hope we make it for that ok!

poohangel
12-15-2005, 04:25 PM

:rotfl: It isnt easy being Queen, or we would all be one. :goodvibes

miss missy
12-15-2005, 04:28 PM
Here's a design inspired by my Nephew who is so afraid of Santa that he actually trembles if Santa gets too close.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/63925Santa_Poem1.jpg

Deb

:rotfl: cute!

julia & nicks mom
12-15-2005, 04:28 PM

DH can never remember ANYONE - I remember everyone! The signature is usually my best reminder of who is who - that's why I hate when you guys change them so often!!! :teeth:

I know you are all going to go change your signatures now just to confuse me!! :rolleyes:

bear74
12-15-2005, 04:33 PM
dont worry kate. I can't change mine.
someone designed my Olivia's Mommy for me. I think it was minniemousemom but wont swear to it. I could never get it right. So i will proablly have that one for a long time.

tinker1bell
12-15-2005, 04:34 PM
Oldest DS just stopped by. Took him an hour and a half to get here. Depending on traffic and lights, it usually takes 20 to 30 minutes. :earseek:
Outside it is coming down in the form of freezing rain.
Not going anywhere. Good night to stay in and watch the Apprentice finale.

miss missy
12-15-2005, 04:34 PM
I had croup as a child. I remember walking to the YMCA and coughing, and swimming in the winter and being told I sounded like a foghorn. I am assuming that I was old enough to walk to the Y alone, so probably 10? Hope it is sooner for Nicholas!

Isn't that catchy? Or is that whopping cough thats catchy. When I was at WDW last week, there was someone on the Great Movie ride with a cough that was freaking me out. It sounded like an animal :rotfl:

dumby
12-15-2005, 04:44 PM
Just got this email. I think it is worth passing on, even though it's kinda long.

I BELIEVE IN SANTA CLAUS

I remember my first Christmas adventure with Grandma. I was just a kid.
I remember tearing across town on my bike to visit her on the way my big
sister dropped the bomb: "There is no Santa Claus," she
jeered. "Even dummies know that!"

My Grandma was not the gushy kind, never had been. I fled to her that day
because I knew she would be straight with me. I knew Grandma always told
the truth, and I knew that the truth always went down a
whole lot easier when swallowed with one of her "world-famous" cinnamon
buns. I knew they were world-famous, because Grandma said so. It had to
be true.

Grandma was home, and the buns were still warm. Between bites, I told her
everything. She was ready for me. "No Santa Claus?" she
snorted...."Ridiculous! Don't believe it. That rumor has been going
around for years, and it makes me mad, plain mad!! Now, put on your coat,
and let's go."

"Go? Go where, Grandma?" I asked. I hadn't even finished my second
world-famous cinnamon bun.

"Where" turned out to be Kerby's General Store, the one store in town
that had a little bit of just about everything. As we walked through its
doors, Grandma handed me ten dollars.

That was a bundle in those days. "Take this money," she said, "and buy
something for someone who needs it. I'll wait for you in the car." Then
she turned and walked out of Kerby's.

I was only eight years old. I'd often gone shopping with my mother,
but never had I shopped for anything all by myself.

The store seemed big and crowded, full of people scrambling to finish
their Christmas shopping. For a few moments I just stood there, confused,
clutching that ten-dollar bill, wondering what to buy, and
who on earth to buy it for. I thought of everybody I knew: my family, my
friends, my neighbors, the kids at school, the people who went to my
church.

I was just about thought out, when I suddenly thought of Bobby Decker. He
was a kid with bad breath and messy hair, and he sat right behind me in
Mrs. Pollock's grade-two class.

Bobby Decker didn't have a coat. I knew that because he never went out to
recess during the winter. His mother always wrote a note, telling the
teacher that he had a cough, but all we kids knew that
Bobby Decker didn't have a cough; he didn't have a good coat. I fingered
the ten-dollar bill with growing excitement. I would buy Bobby Decker a
coat!

I settled on a red corduroy one that had a hood to it. It looked real
warm, and he would like that.

"Is this a Christmas present for someone?" the lady behind the counter
asked kindly, as I laid my ten dollars down.

"Yes, ma'am," I replied shyly. "It's for Bobby."

The nice lady smiled at me, as I told her about how Bobby really needed a
good winter coat. I didn't get any change, but she put the coat in a bag,
smiled again, and wished me a Merry Christmas.

That evening, Grandma helped me wrap the coat (a little tag fell out of
the coat, and Grandma tucked it in her Bible) in Christmas paper and
ribbons and wrote, "To Bobby, From Santa Claus" on it. Grandma
said that Santa always insisted on secrecy. Then she drove me over to
Bobby Decker's house, explaining as we went that I was now and forever
officially, one of Santa's helpers.

Grandma parked down the street from Bobby's house, and she and I crept
noiselessly and hid in the bushes by his front walk. Then Grandma gave me
a nudge. "All right, Santa Claus," she whispered, "get going."

I took a deep breath, dashed for his front door, threw the present down
on his step, pounded his door and flew back to the safety of the bushes
and Grandma.

Together we waited breathlessly in the darkness for the front door to
open. Finally it did, and there stood Bobby.

Fifty years haven't dimmed the thrill of those moments spent shivering,
beside my Grandma, in Bobby Decker's bushes.

That night, I realized that those awful rumors about Santa Claus were
just what Grandma said they were: ridiculous. Santa was alive and well,
and we were on his team. I still have the Bible, with the coat
tag tucked inside: $19.95.

May you always have LOVE to share, HEALTH to spare and FRIENDS that
care...

And may you always believe in the magic of Santa Claus!

This is so special. I am sitting here with tears running down my face. Thanks so much for sharing the true meaning of santa with us.

ellenbenny
12-15-2005, 04:48 PM
Very touching. I do believe, by the way.

Just got this email. I think it is worth passing on, even though it's kinda long.

I BELIEVE IN SANTA CLAUS

be true.

and let's go."

church.

coat!

and Grandma.

care...

dumby
12-15-2005, 04:55 PM
You are right!! Amy....I was having a not thinking moment....and if you want a debate you had to be around my office a couple of weeks ago with affect versus effect.....I thought at one point it was going to come to blows!!

Theresa

I am a medical transcriptionist and for the life of me I cannot get these two straight (affect versus effect). I have had it explained to me mutliple times but I just seem to have a brain fart when it comes to these two words.

dumby
12-15-2005, 04:57 PM
Theresa, I hate that one! I worked as a medical editor, and our transcriber could NEVER get it right. I used to do a Find for every "effect" and then analyze the sentence to see if it was the right one each and every time. It got old real fast.

DH had a professor (in podiatry school, no less) whose pet peeve was people who mix up "affect" and "effect." It's funny now, but he spent the better half of a lecture ranting on and on about it, which was probably a waste of student loan money. The upshot is that DH always gets it right now, which is a very good thing for our marriage!

Hey I don't remember working for you. :rotfl: I am a medical transcriber and I ALWAYS mix up these two words. I am also from Alabama, decatur/huntsville area. LOL

bear74
12-15-2005, 05:22 PM
Okay has anyone on here ever bought tickets from ticketmania using the mousesavers discount.
Am trying to decide if I should but tickets thru disney or ticketmania.

miss missy
12-15-2005, 05:26 PM
Hi, everyone. No, unfortunately I am really, really sick and Brantley-Kate has been vomiting for 24 hours... I can barely catch my breath from coughing. I'm on antibiotics and a nebulizer, but it's not helping. Hopefully, we'll make it to the Christmas Party at school tomorrow.

Oh, and we had a huge ice storm in Atlanta last pm. Roads are ok, but we lost tons of limbs off trees. It will likely refreeze tonight. Fun- NOT!

Hope you all feel better soon! My, you have been sick since you got
home :( sending :wizard: to your house!

Tinkaroo
12-15-2005, 05:35 PM
Okay has anyone on here ever bought tickets from ticketmania using the mousesavers discount.

I haven't, but my parents have. Absolutely no problems!

Tinkaroo
12-15-2005, 05:37 PM
Hope everyone that is ill (and your kids) get to feeling better soon! It seems to be a nasty year for sickness. :grouphug: :wizard:

Tammi67 - is that a new signature pic for you? Your kids are so cute! I hope you guys have a great trip.

Tammi67
12-15-2005, 05:46 PM
Hope everyone that is ill (and your kids) get to feeling better soon! It seems to be a nasty year for sickness. :grouphug: :wizard:

Tammi67 - is that a new signature pic for you? Your kids are so cute! I hope you guys have a great trip.
Yes it is. It's our Christmas card photo. Thank you.

Changed at the suggestion of the Queen.;)

julia & nicks mom
12-15-2005, 05:49 PM
Yes it is. It's our Christmas card photo. Thank you.

Changed at the suggestion of the Queen.;)

That's okay - I recognize your kids!!

That is a great picture!!

Tammi67
12-15-2005, 05:55 PM
That's okay - I recognize your kids!!

That is a great picture!!
Thanks. I figured you would, but that's the best I can do. I'm with Jennifer, although I did do my own sparkly sig, I have no idea how to re-do it!

bear74
12-15-2005, 06:46 PM
Tammi nice picture of the kids.

ksoehrlein
12-15-2005, 06:48 PM
Hey I don't remember working for you. :rotfl: I am a medical transcriber and I ALWAYS mix up these two words. I am also from Alabama, decatur/huntsville area. LOL
Too funny! Your name isn't Paula, is it?

bengalbelle
12-15-2005, 07:29 PM
Marti is absolutely right...it should be "too." You get a gold star Marti and that's a really cute poem Deb. :goodvibes

Grammar and spelling mistakes drive Amy berserk! ;)

bengalbelle
12-15-2005, 07:30 PM

:wizard: Hope you all feel better soon and shake this before Christmas!

bengalbelle
12-15-2005, 07:32 PM
LOL! :rotfl:

Well, let it be known that we are leaving town tomorrow morning and will be gone through late Monday night.

Have a great trip and be careful!

dumby
12-15-2005, 07:46 PM
Too funny! Your name isn't Paula, is it?

No it is Delinda. I work mostly with New York Doctors through a service in Pennsylvania. I only have one local doctor.

miss missy
12-15-2005, 08:25 PM
I am a medical transcriptionist and for the life of me I cannot get these two straight (affect versus effect). I have had it explained to me mutliple times but I just seem to have a brain fart when it comes to these two words.

LOL. don't ya hate that!

miss missy
12-15-2005, 08:30 PM
Ya know, I can't keep up with who is going when. The tickers dont give date either. I think we should put exact dates in the siggy's as you get to 1 month time frame.

TO ANYONE WHO LEAVES SOON FOR DIS OR XMAS...

HAVE A GREAT TRIP AND MERRY CHRISTMAS !!

miss missy
12-15-2005, 08:31 PM
AND TO ANYONE WHO IS SICK OR HAS A SICK FAMILY MEMBER... GET WELL SOON :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Blueeyes101817
12-15-2005, 08:37 PM
Good luck on all of your exams!

Thanks! I finished my math and teaching finals today--3 more to go!

i just tried to catch up-
Denise--Hope you and BK feel better!
Tammi-The new sig picture is so cute!!
Kate--you are GOOD keeping track of people on this thread--would you miss me if i wasnt here :)

To everyone else--hope you are all doing good !
After tuesday,,no more finals and ill be here alot more!

ksoehrlein
12-15-2005, 09:02 PM
No it is Delinda. I work mostly with New York Doctors through a service in Pennsylvania. I only have one local doctor.
Thank goodness! I realized how rude my rant would have been if it turned out that you were our transcriptionist! I would hate to have done something mean on our friendly little thread.

Tammi67
12-15-2005, 09:25 PM
Tammi nice picture of the kids.
Thank you.

miss missy
12-15-2005, 09:29 PM
Thank you.

Tammi LOVE the new pic!

Tammi67
12-15-2005, 09:30 PM
Ya know, I can't keep up with who is going when. The tickers dont give date either. I think we should put exact dates in the siggy's as you get to 1 month time frame.

TO ANYONE WHO LEAVES SOON FOR DIS OR XMAS...

HAVE A GREAT TRIP AND MERRY CHRISTMAS !!
I believe, but I could be wrong, that Elin (PNO4TE) and I are the only ones leaving for WDW in the near future, and we both leave Saturday. YAY! :banana: Jennifer (Tink2020) has already left.

Tammi67
12-15-2005, 09:34 PM
Jen & Lisa - thank you both!

babytrees
12-15-2005, 09:37 PM
maybe you all have slowed down for the holidays....but now that I am paying attention to the thread and responding...I can keep up11 :earboy2:

Tammi67
12-15-2005, 09:41 PM
It has been quite slow the last 2-3 days. Between the holidays and people being sick, chatter has subsided.

PNO4TE
12-15-2005, 09:41 PM
Hey Elin - I'm at work up north. What's the weather down our way?

Sorry, Tammi -- I was out getting recitals done in the ice storm! It is better than it was earlier today :rotfl:

Tammi67
12-15-2005, 09:43 PM
Yes, I was glad to see that they cancelled school for RAIN!

babytrees
12-15-2005, 09:58 PM
It has been quite slow the last 2-3 days. Between the holidays and people being sick, chatter has subsided.

Well I would like to thank you all for slowing down just for me :cool1:
lol

It just seems less overwhelming to read 2 pages to catch up instead of 20 :rotfl:

Theresa

PNO4TE
12-15-2005, 10:05 PM

I have ordered from them numerous times, all with great luck.

my3princes
12-15-2005, 10:34 PM
I'm going to guess that you are all watching the Apprentice. I work on Thursdays so never got into that one. It is still cold here with a current temp of 17 degrees. The snow and/or freezing rain should start here soon. Expecting an inch by morning and another 6" during the day tomorrow. Kids are hoping for a snow day, but I doubt it. I got some of our presents wrapped today, but still have loads mor to wrap. I really need to finish wrapping and shopping for that matter. Work was very busy tonight. Lots of big parties. I am always amazed when groups of 8 or more come in without reservations.

Deb

my3princes
12-15-2005, 10:36 PM
Denise and kids. I hope you feel better soon. It seems that most of us were sick upon our return from the world. I think we are on the go so much that our defenses get worn down. You are hopefully through the worst of it now and will all be healthy for the holidays. :grouphug: :grouphug: :wizard: :wizard:

Deb

bear74
12-15-2005, 10:43 PM
Amy,
I must have coppied your cut out cookie recipe wrong. The dough was still very sticky when I tried to take it out of the bag and even sticker when I tried to roll it out. I even put wax paper on top when I rolled it and it stuck to the paper. then I tried to cut shapes and it stuck to the floured board. I ended up just trashing it.

bengalbelle
12-15-2005, 11:01 PM
Anyone care to discuss The Apprentice?????

triplefigs
12-15-2005, 11:02 PM
Just finished the Apprentice. I just lost all respect for Randall. What a selfish, SOB... hogging all the spotlight! I am furious. Trump was going to hire them both, and Randall had to be the biggest Jacka** on the planet. "It's not the Apprenti". Guess all that niceness flew out the window so he could be a glory hound. I hope he is crucified by the press and that Rebecca gets a million dollar job! ARRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHH!

tinker1bell
12-15-2005, 11:06 PM
Anyone care to discuss The Apprentice?????

Can you believe Randall?

tinker1bell
12-15-2005, 11:07 PM
Just finished the Apprentice. I just lost all respect for Randall. What a selfish, SOB... hogging all the spotlight! I am furious. Trump was going to hire them both, and Randall had to be the biggest Jacka** on the planet. "It's not the Apprenti". Guess all that niceness flew out the window so he could be a glory hound. I hope he is crucified by the press and that Rebecca gets a million dollar job! ARRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHH!

Denise,

I agree. He just went down the dumper as far as I am concerned.
This will be a big topic at work

tinker1bell
12-15-2005, 11:09 PM
I am in absoulute shock :confused3

my3princes
12-15-2005, 11:22 PM
I only saw a few episodes this season. What did Randall do that was so aweful?

Deb

triplefigs
12-15-2005, 11:24 PM
I only saw a few episodes this season. What did Randall do that was so aweful?

Deb

Trump was obviously planning on hiring both of them tonight. After he told Randall he was hired, Trump asked Randall if he thought he shouldn't hire Rebecca as well. Randall said NO, that there was only one winner, blah blah blah. He was a selfish SOB (let me tell you how I really feel!)

my3princes
12-15-2005, 11:27 PM
That's too bad. It would have been good if Trump said to Randall "In that case your fired!" That would have made it a great show. Too bad for Rebecca, sounds like she will be successful anyway.

Deb

my3princes
12-15-2005, 11:27 PM
Denise are you feeling better? How are the kids feeling?

Deb

triplefigs
12-15-2005, 11:29 PM
Denise are you feeling better? How are the kids feeling?

Deb

BK is coughing her head off and I am too. Have to go to school tomorrow as we are NOT ALLOWED TO MISS DAYS WHERE THERE ARE FUNCTIONS (little irritated about that too, can you tell?). Thanks for asking. I'm headed to bed in a minute after I finish ranting on the CB!

tinker1bell
12-15-2005, 11:31 PM
I was really rooting for Randall in the beginning, but Rebecca really stepped up.
I really thought Trunp was going to hire both of them as well. Why would he listen to Randall? :confused3

my3princes
12-15-2005, 11:32 PM
BK is coughing her head off and I am too. Have to go to school tomorrow as we are NOT ALLOWED TO MISS DAYS WHERE THERE ARE FUNCTIONS (little irritated about that too, can you tell?). Thanks for asking. I'm headed to bed in a minute after I finish ranting on the CB!

If you can get your Pediatrician to write a script, I find that Tussinex works awesome for my kids and myself. It takes away the cough and doesn't make you feel doped up.

Deb

my3princes
12-15-2005, 11:36 PM
I have to post one last time before bed.

This is my 1800th post.

Thank you DDA for making my posting dreams come true. I couldn't have done it without all of you.

Deb

tinker1bell
12-15-2005, 11:40 PM
I have to post one last time before bed.

This is my 1800th post.

Thank you DDA for making my posting dreams come true. I couldn't have done it without all of you.

Deb

Hooray Deb :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

julia & nicks mom
12-15-2005, 11:47 PM

Denise - I just finished watching and wanted to see what everyone else thought -

I was going to say EXACTLY what you did! Everyone went on about how nice Randall was but he proved to be a first class jack ***!!

triplefigs
12-15-2005, 11:51 PM
Denise - I just finished watching and wanted to see what everyone else thought -

I was going to say EXACTLY what you did! Everyone went on about how nice Randall was but he proved to be a first class jack ***!!

I can't believe how bad I'm fuming. I guess it's because I thought for once there are 2 really nice and genuine candidates. Look, they're both getting hired (especially after they picked different jobs and Trump said it would make it easy). I just felt like Randall totally let everyone down, especially Rebbecca. She said something classy like "well that is an unfortunate decision or situation". Classy and poised. Well, she'll get a better job than with Trump anyway. And glad to see that the stripper/hooker Alla was showing her true colors again tonight. What a wonderful representative of the human race!

tinker1bell
12-15-2005, 11:55 PM
I can't believe how bad I'm fuming. I guess it's because I thought for once there are 2 really nice and genuine candidates. Look, they're both getting hired (especially after they picked different jobs and Trump said it would make it easy). I just felt like Randall totally let everyone down, especially Rebbecca. She said something classy like "well that is an unfortunate decision or situation". Classy and poised. Well, she'll get a better job than with Trump anyway. And glad to see that the stripper/hooker Alla was showing her true colors again tonight. What a wonderful representative of the human race!

I agree, as time went on, Alla just got more and more snippy. She was a very ungrateful person

Tinkaroo
12-15-2005, 11:58 PM

I completely agree. Although I think Trump is the larger jacka** of the two. As I told DH, that was a question/decision that Trump shouldn't have even granted him.

Go Rebecca!!

julia & nicks mom
12-16-2005, 12:06 AM
I really believe Rebecca was the way better candidate

Randall has education and everyone liked him - but he sucks at detail - the radio station on the poster - not checking the weather :confused3 who misses that?

Rebecca in my opinion was a star the whole time -I don't think that the record as a PM always means you did better - especially if you don't get fired - if you spend a task as a PM with a crappy team and someone else is fired over you- I think it proves that you are not responsible

her event went better - I don't understand how Randall could act like that - he showed a TOTAL lack of class

babytrees
12-16-2005, 12:14 AM
You all are right Randall was a horses patootie but I have always thought that Trump was the biggest patootie out there.

If I were Rebecca I would be happy with not being hired by Trump because that just means there is a better job out there with a smaller horses patootie for a boss.

bengalbelle
12-16-2005, 01:18 AM
Well I obviously hold the unpopular opinion here. I'm glad Randall said no. I'll say here what I said on the Apprentice thread.
Trump didn't get where he is by being an idiot. If hiring Rebecca was that important to him he wouldn't have put the decision in someone else's hands. It's his company.
I really liked Rebecca and I would have been pleased with either one, but Trump hired Randall and I don't think he should have been asked/forced to share the spotlight. It was his moment to shine.
Trump could have offered her the other project the minute the show was over.

ETA: Besides, if Trump allowed other people to make decisions for him, that hair would have been tamed a long time ago :teeth:

MidNite
12-16-2005, 01:41 AM
Hey, Midnight I just noticed you changed your Sig. cute pic otf the Kids is it last years? noticed the date was 2004.
Yes, that's last year's. We haven't had the chance to get this year's yet. Work has been so nuts! It's on my list to get a new one before Christmas though!

MidNite
12-16-2005, 01:43 AM
MidNite, I love the picture in your sig! Was it taken at the Riverchase Galleria? I think I recognize Santa -- and by the way, I think he is the one, true Santa Claus!
*BINGO*!! My sister lives in Sylacauga so we drove down to Birmingham to meet her at the Galleria and had their picture made. What a great Santa and great staff. They really knew what they were doing.

Blueeyes101817
12-16-2005, 03:45 AM
i know no one is here, but its the middle of the night and i just woke up for some reason--i looked at my phone, which was odd, and my best friend called at 1110--his girlfriend was in labor!!! i just sent him a text message so hopefully in the morning i will hear that im an aunt!!
im so excited! just had to share!

Tammi67
12-16-2005, 07:16 AM
Congratulations to you and the new parents! Keep us posted.

ksoehrlein
12-16-2005, 07:25 AM
Just had to vent: I just got to work (6:15 AM local time) and someone else is already here and is blaring a certain brand of talk radio which just so happens to be the polar opposite of my personal politics. It's bad enough to need to get to work this early; it's much worse when I'm forced to listen to this stuff. Next time, I'm going to stay late instead!

tinknme
12-16-2005, 07:42 AM
Baloo, sorry about your mother. Sending you :grouphug:

[QUOTE=Baloo]

I'm having a rough day. :sad2: Funny y'all were talking about old people.My mother lives with us,she'll be 84 in Jan...

I have never tried the chocolate cake mix, but I am sure it is just as yummy! If you try them, let me know what you think.

tinknme and Glynis...a Mom at Erich's school just told about box cake cookies last week.She told me chocolate taste really great,that you follow the box directions but leave out the water.She said sometimes she'll roll them in powdered sugar before putting them on the pan.I'm going to try these this weekeend for Erich's Christmas party on Mon because they sound sooooo easy!

tinknme
12-16-2005, 07:56 AM
Oh I like this!

look at this CUTE mickey vase and flower arrangement from hallmark.com

http://www.hallmark.com/wcsstore/HallmarkStore/images/products/flowers/bsplymickey_flower_xl.jpg

the code friends20 gets you 20% off if you have anyone Disney obsessed you need a gift for!

tinknme
12-16-2005, 08:27 AM
Hope you are both feeling better soon! Here is some :wizard:

[QUOTE=triplefigs]Hi, everyone. No, unfortunately I am really, really sick and Brantley-Kate has been vomiting for 24 hours... I can barely catch my breath from coughing. I'm on antibiotics and a nebulizer, but it's not helping. Hopefully, we'll make it to the Christmas Party at school tomorrow.

my3princes
12-16-2005, 08:32 AM
The snow has started and now switched to freezing rain. The kids have another snow day. I was hoping to get presents wrapped, but that could be difficult with them here. It is supposed to switch back and get some accumulations. Since no one is posting I'm going to guess that some of you are in the same situation. :wizard: :wizard: Here's some pixie dust to a peaceful day for all of us.

Deb

cocowum
12-16-2005, 09:01 AM
I'm glad you had a wonderful trip! Who is in the picture? She's beautiful!

How far back do you need to catch up on?
ETA: Nevermind I see you said less than a week.
Deb's father continues to improve :goodvibes .
Lot's of sick DDA Kiddo's :(
Amy and Poohangel are expecting :banana:
Kate offered to pay for Amy and Poohangel's babies admission to WDW until they turn 3.
There has actually been some T-shirt talk.
A few DDA children have given us heart stopping moments
Dumby met a lady with monkey's in her bra :confused3
Some of us lost our reputations in a virtual alcohol posting frenzy :rolleyes1

I have to leave for a few hours but I'll continue when I get back if no one else does.

That's my 11yo DD in the pic. :flower: Thanks :goodvibes And thanks for the update!

:grouphug: and :wizard: and :cheer2: for all!!!

DD and I are pretty sick. But luckily, we didn't start feeling bad until the plane ride home.

Loved the Santa Claus story. :goodvibes

This trip was a surprise for DD. I woke her up at 4:45am on Thursday and said get dressed. We drove to the airport and she thought we were there to pick up Grandpa. I unloaded the luggage and she couldn't figure out what was going on.:teeth: We checked our bags and finally she says "We're not going to Disney...we can't be going to Disney" and said "Surprise" with a small smile. She was so happy. Then she asked about Daddy. I said sorry he was away for work. Originally, we had planned on the 3 of us going but then DH's work schedule changed and he wasn't able to go with us. Then at the last minute he found out he'd be able to fly down a day after us. DD didn't know any of this. So we flew down and had a great day. Throughout the day, DD and I kept saying oh, I wish Daddy was here. So anyway, DH and I planned it out and the next day DD and I are having lunch in the food court at POP and DH comes up behind her and says "Excuse me miss, is this seat taken?" OMG, she turned around and shrieked "Daddy!!! you're here" threw her arms around him and burst into tears. :goodvibes She was in shock! She was so happy. It was awesome!!! I think that was the best part of the trip!

tinknme
12-16-2005, 09:01 AM
How cool, thanks for sharing :goodvibes My boys are 11 & 9 & no longer believe there is a real Santa Claus. It's sad :guilty:

Deb

MidNite
12-16-2005, 09:04 AM
That's my 11yo DD in the pic. :flower: Thanks :goodvibes And thanks for the update!

DD and I are pretty sick. But luckily, we didn't start feeling bad until the plane ride home.

This trip was a surprise for DD. I woke her up at 4:45am on Thursday and said get dressed. We drove to the airport and she thought we were there to pick up Grandpa. I unloaded the luggage and she couldn't figure out what was going on.:teeth: We checked our bags and finally she says "We're not going to Disney...we can't be going to Disney" and said "Surprise" with a small smile. She was so happy. Then she asked about Daddy. I said sorry he was away for work. Originally, we had planned on the 3 of us going but then DH's work schedule changed and he wasn't able to go with us. Then at the last minute he found out he'd be able to fly down a day after us. DD didn't know any of this. So we flew down and had a great day. Throughout the day, DD and I kept saying oh, I wish Daddy was here. So anyway, DH and I planned it out and the next day DD and I are having lunch in the food court at POP and DH comes up behind her and says "Excuse me miss, is this seat taken?" OMG, she turned around and shrieked "Daddy!!! you're here" threw her arms around him and burst into tears. :goodvibes She was in shock! She was so happy. It was awesome!!! I think that was the best part of the trip!

That is sooooo sweet! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Steamboat Marti
12-16-2005, 09:06 AM

See - to me that is what Christmas is all about - kids having a good time with their family! I am so glad your husband was able to join you!!

tinknme
12-16-2005, 09:24 AM
I agree :goodvibes

See - to me that is what Christmas is all about - kids having a good time with their family! I am so glad your husband was able to join you!!

julia & nicks mom
12-16-2005, 10:15 AM

What a great story!!

itslisa
12-16-2005, 10:18 AM
As fun as it sounds (NOT!) ... I'm STUCK at the Orlando Airport! :(

DH *rushed* us out of the hotel this morning only to find out that our outbound plane is coming from Manchester NH and it had to be de-iced and therefore it was delayed for an hour and a half.

So .... here I sit.

We're in Starbucks -- needed to get something for breakfast. DHdidn't want to stop and get anything at the hotel or along the highway. Did I mention I wanted to push him out of the car along the BeeLine??????

So ..... for a flight for which we were going to be more than 2 hours early .... now, we're almost FOUR HOURS waiting. ugh! The Game Boy and travel Simon are NOT going to be THAT entertaining.

W .. just finishing up breakfast. We see a HUGE line for security ... so after a quick pit stop, we're going to go stand in line. I'll probably log back on once we're over at our gate.

Hope you all are having a better day.

Ben says: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

julia & nicks mom
12-16-2005, 10:20 AM
Well I obviously hold the unpopular opinion here. I'm glad Randall said no. I'll say here what I said on the Apprentice thread.
Trump didn't get where he is by being an idiot. If hiring Rebecca was that important to him he wouldn't have put the decision in someone else's hands. It's his company.
I really liked Rebecca and I would have been pleased with either one, but Trump hired Randall and I don't think he should have been asked/forced to share the spotlight. It was his moment to shine.
Trump could have offered her the other project the minute the show was over.

ETA: Besides, if Trump allowed other people to make decisions for him, that hair would have been tamed a long time ago :teeth:

I honestly thought that Trump gave the decision to Randall b/c they all went on about what a great nice guy he was and b/c Randall had said all along he thought they both deserved to be in the final two and that he respected Rebecca -

When praising Trump - one thing he really talked about - how Randall was a good leader b/c he was so nice people just wanted to work hard for him - I think Trump realizes you can be effective with both methods -

he was giving Randall the chance to be the hero and never in a million years anticipated Randall would say no - and now Randall looks like an jerk -

I imagine the people who he will be working with would have preferred the nice Randall to what they are getting now

miss missy
12-16-2005, 10:24 AM

You can't mean they MAKE you bring sick kids to school???

Tammi67
12-16-2005, 10:28 AM
Good luck Lisa. Safe travels.

miss missy
12-16-2005, 10:30 AM
You all are right Randall was a horses patootie but I have always thought that Trump was the biggest patootie out there.

If I were Rebecca I would be happy with not being hired by Trump because that just means there is a better job out there with a smaller horses patootie for a boss.

I just saw Rebecca get an offer on TV, I think it was the Today show that she was on and I do not know who it was with, but a compay stepped up to interview her or something.

miss missy
12-16-2005, 10:33 AM
Just had to vent: I just got to work (6:15 AM local time) and someone else is already here and is blaring a certain brand of talk radio which just so happens to be the polar opposite of my personal politics. It's bad enough to need to get to work this early; it's much worse when I'm forced to listen to this stuff. Next time, I'm going to stay late instead!

Thats why I use headphones at my desk! Who wants to her my radio choices? I think its rude to do that.

miss missy
12-16-2005, 10:36 AM
The snow has started and now switched to freezing rain. The kids have another snow day. I was hoping to get presents wrapped, but that could be difficult with them here. It is supposed to switch back and get some accumulations. Since no one is posting I'm going to guess that some of you are in the same situation. :wizard: :wizard: Here's some pixie dust to a peaceful day for all of us.

Deb

Same here with the weather, but school is on. DD has a half day so am off to pick her up in a bit. DH getting wisdom teeth pulled so I will drop him off, get her and back to get him, drop them at home and go to work. Thats over 3 hours windshield time in these storm. WAAAAAAAAAA

miss missy
12-16-2005, 10:44 AM

DH *rushed* us out of the hotel this morning only to find out that our outbound plane is coming from Manchester NH and it had to be de-iced and therefore it was delayed for an hour and a half.

So .... here I sit.

We're in Starbucks -- needed to get something for breakfast. DHdidn't want to stop and get anything at the hotel or along the highway. Did I mention I wanted to push him out of the car along the BeeLine??????

So ..... for a flight for which we were going to be more than 2 hours early .... now, we're almost FOUR HOURS waiting. ugh! The Game Boy and travel Simon are NOT going to be THAT entertaining.

W .. just finishing up breakfast. We see a HUGE line for security ... so after a quick pit stop, we're going to go stand in line. I'll probably log back on once we're over at our gate.

Hey Lisa! This happened to me last Friday, but our was cancelled coming from Boston, it couldn't get out in the storm. It was a 655pm flight. I ended calling and getting another flight that night out of Tampa. I had to drive to Tampa and got out at 855pm. That flight wasn't even full either. When I called Song the had told me all the non-stops for Saturday were gone, so I had to go for Friday night. Only ended up costing me 2 hrs time. Rental took car at Tampa no problem. Hope things work for you! I know the weather here in Boston is freezing rain, snow mix and windy!

Let us know if you get out ok!

MinnieMouseMom
12-16-2005, 10:49 AM

That is so neat!!

MinnieMouseMom
12-16-2005, 10:50 AM

So .... here I sit.

Oh no! Maybe you can get on an earlier flight? Hope you don't go too stir crazy! :goodvibes

my3princes
12-16-2005, 10:51 AM

That is such a nice story. Brought tears to my eyes.

Deb

my3princes
12-16-2005, 10:54 AM

So .... here I sit.

Lisa the weather is horrible here. Snow/sleet mixture. Most schools are closed today. You may have a longer delay than you expected. I hope that you had a nice trip otherwise.

Deb

my3princes
12-16-2005, 10:56 AM
I just saw Rebecca get an offer on TV, I think it was the Today show that she was on and I do not know who it was with, but a compay stepped up to interview her or something.

Yahoo offered her a job in their financial dept. Doing financial reports or something. They said she'd be working with Ben Stein.

Deb

my3princes
12-16-2005, 10:57 AM
Same here with the weather, but school is on. DD has a half day so am off to pick her up in a bit. DH getting wisdom teeth pulled so I will drop him off, get her and back to get him, drop them at home and go to work. Thats over 3 hours windshield time in these storm. WAAAAAAAAAA

Drive carefully. :grouphug:
Deb

disneyeveryyear
12-16-2005, 11:03 AM
I may not see you guys this weekend. Since I was starting to feel a little better last night, I got on-line to check out things. All of a sudden, my laptop went zzzzt and the screen went black. There was a little bit of a burning smell also.

Now, it will not do anything. Cannot get it to power up at all.

I am checking in here at work today and will be trying to find a reputable company to fix it. I think it may still be under warranty, but need it fixed now, not sent away.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Hope all those that are under the weather start feeling better.

my3princes
12-16-2005, 11:10 AM
I may not see you guys this weekend. Since I was starting to feel a little better last night, I got on-line to check out things. All of a sudden, my laptop went zzzzt and the screen went black. There was a little bit of a burning smell also.

I am checking in here at work today and will be trying to find a reputable company to fix it. I think it may still be under warranty, but need it fixed now, not sent away.

I can't think of many things more frusterating than computer problems. It seems like the DDA has had more than our share lately. Here some :wizard: in hope that you can get it up and running quickly.

Deb

mommykds
12-16-2005, 11:18 AM
To everyone who is sick (theres always alot this time of year!) hope you all get better quickly so you can enjoy the holidays!

To everyone who added a new picture to their siggie..all your kids look beautiful, thanks for sharing.

To all those leaving for WDW for Christmas, have a safe & wonderful trip! Disney at Christmas is beautiful!

My dd's surprise party last night went very well. 10 of friends came at 4pm, my DH took her on some "errands" to delay her & when she came it all the girls jumped out of their hiding places & yelled "Surprise!" :earseek: She was totally taken off guard! All her friends hugged her & it was so nice...she was so thrilled. We did cookie making & decorating. Then we had alot of Christmas crafts which the girls loved. Pizza & cupcakes...oh I made cupcakes because I earlier I had made a small sheet cake with 2 layers,,wel after the 2 sheets cooled, I out one on top of the other. Soon after a small crack in the top appeared , so I figured I'd fill it in with icing..the crack got bigger until the whole top of the cake broke in 2 & fell off the sides of the plate....ok see why i don't bake now???? :rotfl: So cupcakes it was! I am so surprised at how mature some of these 10 year olds are (my dd is still kinda goofy :love: )..scary....The party was great, we actually ran out of time doing the crafts..everyone went home with their crafts, cookies, & these pretty jewelry boxes. Whew, glad its over now!

MinnieMouseMom
12-16-2005, 11:26 AM

Oh no! Hope it's an easy fix!

MinnieMouseMom
12-16-2005, 11:27 AM
To everyone who is sick (theres always alot this time of year!) hope you all get better quickly so you can enjoy the holidays!

To everyone who added a new picture to their siggie..all your kids look beautiful, thanks for sharing.

To all those leaving for WDW for Christmas, have a safe & wonderful trip! Disney at Christmas is beautiful!

My dd's surprise party last night went very well. 10 of friends came at 4pm, my DH took her on some "errands" to delay her & when she came it all the girls jumped out of their hiding places & yelled "Surprise!" :earseek: She was totally taken off guard! All her friends hugged her & it was so nice...she was so thrilled. We did cookie making & decorating. Then we had alot of Christmas crafts which the girls loved. Pizza & cupcakes...oh I made cupcakes because I earlier I had made a small sheet cake with 2 layers,,wel after the 2 sheets cooled, I out one on top of the other. Soon after a small crack in the top appeared , so I figured I'd fill it in with icing..the crack got bigger until the whole top of the cake broke in 2 & fell off the sides of the plate....ok see why i don't bake now???? :rotfl: So cupcakes it was! I am so surprised at how mature some of these 10 year olds are (my dd is still kinda goofy :love: )..scary....The party was great, we actually ran out of time doing the crafts..everyone went home with their crafts, cookies, & these pretty jewelry boxes. Whew, glad its over now!

Sounds like a great party!

julia & nicks mom
12-16-2005, 11:32 AM

Sounds like fun!!

Lisa - I hope you get out soon!!!!

Beverly - hope your computer has a quick fix!!

Blueeyes101817
12-16-2005, 11:42 AM
Congratulations to you and the new parents! Keep us posted.

Well..you asked for me to keep you posted!!

I got a text message at 5 something this morning that said the baby was a girl! They ended up doing an emergency Csection, but everyones okay...im so excited! i think were going to the hospital tomorrow!

MazdaUK
12-16-2005, 11:51 AM
I've not been getting th eupdate e-mails for this board (getting them for the others!) so can someone give me a quick summary please?

Thanks

bengalbelle
12-16-2005, 12:28 PM
I honestly thought that Trump gave the decision to Randall b/c they all went on about what a great nice guy he was and b/c Randall had said all along he thought they both deserved to be in the final two and that he respected Rebecca -

When praising Trump - one thing he really talked about - how Randall was a good leader b/c he was so nice people just wanted to work hard for him - I think Trump realizes you can be effective with both methods -

he was giving Randall the chance to be the hero and never in a million years anticipated Randall would say no - and now Randall looks like an jerk -

I imagine the people who he will be working with would have preferred the nice Randall to what they are getting now
I don't understand why Randall would have to prove something we already believed about him. I think if he did need to prove something, it was that he could be tough (which some people had doubts about).

Randall had a successful final event. Rebecca got "run over" by the Yahoo executives, and while she threw a nice event, she forgot who she was working for. She wanted to impress Yahoo, and I think she accomplished that. However the charity was pushed out and forgotten about. Even Chris admitted that they were smacking people in the face with Yahoo banners and the Ped. Aids banner was kind of lost. Did these VIP's even know what the purpose of the event was?

Randall was undefeated as a PM. Rebecca wasn't.

I think both were deserving, and Trump could have made a case to hire either candidate, or both candidates. If he wanted both of them he could have hired both on the spot. If they felt they should keep with the tradition of the show and only hire one Apprentice, he could have offered the non-winner a position as soon as the show was over. As difficult as it is to even get on the show, then to survive to the end, I believe the winner should have their moment to celebrate without being asked to give their opponent a job. It was unfair to Randall and I feel bad for him. If the situation was reversed, I'd feel bad for Rebecca as well.

My point is Trump is smart and I don't believe he would ever put the ball solely in someone else's court. If he didn't believe in a million years that Randall would say no, then he had no "Plan B" ;) . If he really wants Rebecca, he will not let her get away. I think it was a bad ratings stunt.

Did you get my email yesterday? I'm about to send you another one.

julia & nicks mom
12-16-2005, 12:49 PM
Did you get my email yesterday? I'm about to send you another one.

I did - but since you clearly are whacked and have proven this in your opinion of the apprentice - I am not doing it for you!

julia & nicks mom
12-16-2005, 12:50 PM
I did - but since you clearly are whacked and have proven this in your opinion of the apprentice - I am not doing it for you!

just kidding!!!

bengalbelle
12-16-2005, 01:13 PM
:rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2
Geez, are we back in elementary school?

bengalbelle
12-16-2005, 01:15 PM
just kidding!!!
I know :teeth:

I actually have to accomplish something today (clean house, wrap presents and start my baking) so if you need something with the card, email me. I won't check back here for a while.

disneyeveryyear
12-16-2005, 01:36 PM
Still at the office (at lunch) and checked my e-mail. I received these, and they were too cute not to share:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/disneyeveryyear/snowcone.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/disneyeveryyear/shotgun.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/disneyeveryyear/funeral.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/disneyeveryyear/ears.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/disneyeveryyear/diet.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/disneyeveryyear/antidote.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/disneyeveryyear/aflat.jpg

Happy Holidays!!!!!

bengalbelle
12-16-2005, 01:48 PM
Still at the office (at lunch) and checked my e-mail. I received these, and they were too cute not to share:

Happy Holidays!!!!!
Those deserve lots of these:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

my3princes
12-16-2005, 02:09 PM

Happy Holidays!!!!!

Very funny. :rotfl: :rotfl: My DS10 liked them too.

Deb

my3princes
12-16-2005, 02:10 PM
Marcij is flying out at 5 PM. Here is some :wizard: for a wonderful Holiday vacation at the world.

Deb

PNO4TE
12-16-2005, 02:12 PM

awwwwwwww :goodvibes

triplefigs
12-16-2005, 02:13 PM
School was cancelled today as we had no power. The kids were sobbing because they missed Santa and the Christmas Party (BK is feeling better). So, we went to the mall, saw Santa, got cookies, and rode the carousel. A fun morning! Except now I have a $50 platter of Subway sandwiches sitting in my refrigerator... won't be cooking for a while!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/12-16-2005_098_1.jpg (http://photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/?)

bengalbelle
12-16-2005, 02:15 PM
School was cancelled today as we had no power. The kids were sobbing because they missed Santa and the Christmas Party (BK is feeling better). So, we went to the mall, saw Santa, got cookies, and rode the carousel. A fun morning! Except now I have a $50 platter of Subway sandwiches sitting in my refrigerator... won't be cooking for a while!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/12-16-2005_098_1.jpg (http://photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/?)
Hey I can tell them apart! Davis, Brantley Kate, Rees

Right?

Cute picture and great Santa! I'm starving - send some of those sandwiches to me!

PNO4TE
12-16-2005, 02:19 PM
When are you leaving? I have recitals again tonight but wanted to say HAVE A GREAT FLIGHT and we will see you Tuesday night hopefully. I PMed you too.

Steamboat Marti
12-16-2005, 02:22 PM

In case this hasn't been answered yet, we saw it this morning. Katie Couric was interviewing her and she was gracious (again) and politely said that there would have been enough room in Trump's organization for both of them. Then they had a woman from Yahoo offer her some "consulting" jobs. I didn't get the impression that they offered her a full time job, and Rebecca was gracious again and said "let's continue this coversation. Thank you very much". She's going to end up being the real winner.

Steamboat Marti
12-16-2005, 02:28 PM

He's a good Santa!! Our Santa was so bad that I woudn't even take a picture. (it really was that bad - we saw the elastic that held the beard on his face). I wish our mall would step up to the plate and have a good one!!

rosiejo
12-16-2005, 02:33 PM
:rotfl: Still at the office (at lunch) and checked my e-mail. I received these, and they were too cute not to share:

Happy Holidays!!!!!
:rotfl:

rosiejo
12-16-2005, 02:36 PM

Oh I can't believe the party was cancelled - that's a lovely photo - and that could be the real Santa! (You should see some of the dodgy looking father christmases we have at our shopping centres (malls for you))

my3princes
12-16-2005, 02:44 PM

Another beautiful photo of your kids. I don't know how you always get them to come out. I'm lucky if one in 20 has them all with decent expressions.

Deb

my3princes
12-16-2005, 02:47 PM
He's a good Santa!! Our Santa was so bad that I woudn't even take a picture. (it really was that bad - we saw the elastic that held the beard on his face). I wish our mall would step up to the plate and have a good one!!

I was working at the restaurant last weekend when Santa came in for dinner. He had even made himself a drivers license from the North Pole. He makes me believe.

Deb

Tammi67
12-16-2005, 03:01 PM
I just wanted to say goodbye to everyone on this thread. We will be heading to Baltimore in a few hours to spend the night before our flight leaves tomorrow AM at 7:10. Thanks to all of you for your friendship. You have made planning for this trip so enjoyable.

An extra special thank you to Kate, Denise and MidNite for their designs. I just know my t-shirts are going to add a lot of pixie dust to this trip. You guys are great. Also, thanks to Deb for sharing her tiedye techniques.

Have a great week everyone. We arrive home at 7:50 PM on Christmas Eve and I may not get back on for a few days. If I don't, I want to wish everyone now a very Merry Christmas.

Tammi

Elin - I pm'd you back :)

Tinkaroo
12-16-2005, 03:02 PM
So funny you guys are talking about Santas! I was just at my favorite Mexican restaurant for lunch, and there was Santa, fully decked out, eating chips and salsa! It was great - I had never seen that before! If I would get with the times and had a camera phone, I would have snapped a pic to share. Too great!

Hope everyone that is snowed/iced in is staying warm, and :wizard: to those leaving and/or sick!

bengalbelle
12-16-2005, 03:08 PM
I just wanted to say goodbye to everyone on this thread. We will be heading to Baltimore in a few hours to spend the night before our flight leaves tomorrow AM at 7:10. Thanks to all of you for your friendship. You have made planning for this trip so enjoyable.

An extra special thank you to Kate, Denise and MidNite for their designs. I just know my t-shirts are going to add a lot of pixie dust to this trip. You guys are great. Also, thanks to Deb for sharing her tiedye techniques.

Have a great week everyone. We arrive home at 7:50 PM on Christmas Eve and I may not get back on for a few days. If I don't, I want to wish everyone now a very Merry Christmas.

Tammi
I hope you have a magical trip!

julia & nicks mom
12-16-2005, 03:13 PM
TAMMI - have an awesome trip!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!

DENISE - Awesome pic of your kids!!

MARCIJ - have an awesome trip!!! Hope things are going well with your DH"s job search!!

Steamboat Marti
12-16-2005, 03:20 PM

Tammi

Tammi - I probably missed you -- but have a great time!!! Take lots of pictures so we can all "visit" the world through you. Enjoy!!!!

tinknme
12-16-2005, 03:25 PM
Congratulations! :Pinkbounc

I got a text message at 5 something this morning that said the baby was a girl! They ended up doing an emergency Csection, but everyones okay...im so excited! i think were going to the hospital tomorrow!

tinknme
12-16-2005, 03:38 PM
Wishing you a magical trip! :wizard:

[QUOTE=Tammi67]I just wanted to say goodbye to everyone on this thread. We will be heading to Baltimore in a few hours to spend the night before our flight leaves tomorrow AM at 7:10. Thanks to all of you for your friendship. You have made planning for this trip so enjoyable.

mommykds
12-16-2005, 03:44 PM
Tammi,

Have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

babytrees
12-16-2005, 03:45 PM

That was absolutely the sweetest story I have read this week!!!

julia & nicks mom
12-16-2005, 03:50 PM
Julia and I made foam photo ornaments today with her and Nick's pictures in them -

she kept kissing Nick's picture and would say - My little brother is so cute -

one time she said to me - I love my little Cutesie - that is her nickname for him - my little cutesie :love:

I finally called DH cause it was so cute and she got on the phone and said

Daddy - my little cutesie is my treasure!!

How sweet is that?

babytrees
12-16-2005, 04:04 PM
Julia and I made foam photo ornaments today with her and Nick's pictures in them -

one time she said to me - I love my little Cutesie - that is her nickname for him - my little cutesie :love:

How sweet is that?

Very Very Sweet!!

It will be a treasured memory and ammunition for when she's mad at him when they are older!! :smooth:

Tammi67
12-16-2005, 04:07 PM
Just checking in one last time. We are outta here. Thanks for all the good wishes. See you when I get back!!

disneyeveryyear
12-16-2005, 04:14 PM
Tammi - have a great time!

Well, I dropped off laptop - it will cost me $50 for a complete Data recovery. Then I can start trying to determine what is wrong. Sounds like it might be Motherboard :confused3 .

Merry Christmas to me!

lovespoohbear
12-16-2005, 04:15 PM
talking about nicknames. i hate mine. im use to it now and it doesnt bother me that much that i'll answer to it. my brothers friend called me my nickname at college once and i thought it was my brother so i turn around and said what? to find out it wasnt my brother. oh well. i kinda wish my nickname was either carebear or Nessa. heehee

cocowum
12-16-2005, 04:25 PM
Just checking in one last time. We are outta here. Thanks for all the good wishes. See you when I get back!!

Have a great trip!!!

Any Greys Anatomy fans out there??? I was in Disney on Sunday and missed it. I heard it was a great episode. Can someone please tell me what happened. :confused3 :confused3 pretty please. http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/images/smilies/100.gifhttp://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/images/smilies/100.gifhttp://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/images/smilies/100.gif

my3princes
12-16-2005, 04:32 PM
Tammy have a great trip. I hope that it is amazing and that you get home in time for your family christmas. You have a busy week ahead of you. Take lots of pictures.

Deb

my3princes
12-16-2005, 04:35 PM
I've got to get ready for work. I bet it will be dead as the roads are very slick around here. I managed to get a lot of my presents wrapped today, even with 5 kids in the house. I actually had items out in plain site and they didn't even notice. :rotfl: I'd box them or wrap them and then say "this one is for Summer" and she'd get all excited and want to know what it was, if she had been looking 5 minutes earlier she would have known. Hopefully I'll finish wrapping tonight and finish shopping this weekend.

Deb

rosiejo
12-16-2005, 04:38 PM

Tammi

Tammi - have a FANTASTIC trip - your kids anr gonna love it :lovestruc

And I hope you have a lovely Christmas too.

See you when you get "home"

Say Hi to Mickey for me :wave:

rosiejo
12-16-2005, 04:40 PM

How sweet is that?

Very sweet - how come the DDA manage to have such adorable children?

MinnieMouseMom
12-16-2005, 04:48 PM

So cute!!

MinnieMouseMom
12-16-2005, 04:50 PM

Tammi

Have a fabulous trip!!! :wizard:

triplefigs
12-16-2005, 04:53 PM
Tammi,

Have an awesome and safe trip! I hope you all have a blast. I can't wait to hear all the details since this is the week we will go next year! Have fun and we'll miss you.

Denise

Steamboat Marti
12-16-2005, 04:54 PM
I won't be on tonight - we are going to the dojo. Matt is testing tonight for his green belt in karate. He is so excited we can hardly pin him down. Plus we are picking up his little girl friend Olivia and eating at Friendly's first (Matt's choice, not mine!) So I'll see you all tomorrow.

Marti

miss missy
12-16-2005, 04:59 PM
I need that link to the house with the lights and music. Kate isn't it from a post of yours? Anyone have it??

tmfranlk
12-16-2005, 05:09 PM
I just got a PM from Denise

BK is sick now and Denise is really sick - she said she might try to post but sounds like they are all wiped out!!!

Feel Better denise!! and BK!! :wizard: :grouphug:

:grouphug: :grouphug: :wizard: :wizard: Hugs to you both, Denise and BK! I hope that you are feeling better soon and kick that nasty bug out of the house by Christmas!!

miss missy
12-16-2005, 05:24 PM
Drive carefully. :grouphug:
Deb

Thanks! The weather clmed down already here. Duty done and I am at work. DD is plating nurse to her Dad... ahhh so she is growing up! :teeth:

miss missy
12-16-2005, 05:27 PM

:rotfl2:

miss missy
12-16-2005, 05:33 PM

Tammi

If you haven't left.. HAVE A BLAST !!!!!!! And Merry Christmas to you and yours too!

tmfranlk
12-16-2005, 05:34 PM
Kate... kids love to open wtapped gifts too! Are you like me and take things out and put batteried in before you wrap, that way its ready for the kids!

I do that too! I hate to have Terra wanting to play with the new toy and have to spend 10 minutes getting all of the twist ties off and the batteries in. The packaging these days is crazy!

tmfranlk
12-16-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally, we had planned on the 3 of us going but then DH's work schedule changed and he wasn't able to go with us. Then at the last minute he found out he'd be able to fly down a day after us. DD didn't know any of this. So we flew down and had a great day. Throughout the day, DD and I kept saying oh, I wish Daddy was here. So anyway, DH and I planned it out and the next day DD and I are having lunch in the food court at POP and DH comes up behind her and says "Excuse me miss, is this seat taken?" OMG, she turned around and shrieked "Daddy!!! you're here" threw her arms around him and burst into tears. :goodvibes She was in shock! She was so happy. It was awesome!!! I think that was the best part of the trip!

It's got to be the best part! It made me tear up! What a wonderful surprise.

miss missy
12-16-2005, 06:03 PM
Tammi - have a great time!

Well, I dropped off laptop - it will cost me $50 for a complete Data recovery. Then I can start trying to determine what is wrong. Sounds like it might be Motherboard :confused3 .

Merry Christmas to me!

AWE! stinks !!! to computer-------> :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: there I beat it up for you!!

Eeyorecln
12-16-2005, 06:23 PM
Are you going to the fireworks on the 23rd? I'm not sure if we're going then or Saturday night. I was surprised that the park closes early on Christmas Eve - 9 at DL and 7 at DCA.
We'll be leaving that afternoon so no FW that night. But, if you're there during the day you might see us. I didn't notice they closed early Christmas eve but that seems strange considering the amount of people there this season. I just hope we'll be Ok as far as getting back in, we had planned a break in the afternoon for kids to nap and coming back around 5 during the week. But I read that they have been closing the gates in the afternoon. :confused3 There's no way we would make it staying all day without a break. So we'll just hope for the best. :wizard:

babytrees
12-16-2005, 06:31 PM
since we were talking about technical items breaking and causing headaches....here at work(a church) our main printer/copier broke down this morning...."sure, we'll send someone out today" we called at 1..."somebody should be there by 3...4:00 comes we call...."uh we'll have someone there Monday" !!! Excuse me!! All of our LARGE print bulletins come from that machine....we have a very old congregation....can't wait to see their faces on Sunday when we say sorry no bulletins for you.

Oy! ve! Well at least I have nothing to do so I can catch up on this board!!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Eeyorecln
12-16-2005, 06:31 PM

I BELIEVE IN SANTA CLAUS

be true.

and let's go."

church.

coat!

and Grandma.

care...

OK I know I have been overly emotional due to lack of sleep, but this made me cry. That is sweet. Thanks for sharing.

Eeyorecln
12-16-2005, 06:35 PM
:wizard: Hope all the triplefigs and mom get better soon.

Eeyorecln
12-16-2005, 06:38 PM

:grouphug: It is hard to take care of a sick kid when you feel sick. Prayers for your family to all get better for Christmas.

tmfranlk
12-16-2005, 06:49 PM

How sweet is that?

She's just so sweet!!! Terra says things like that sometimes and I just cross my fingers and how she stays that way. A few times at WDW she just looked at me and said, "Thank you." I asked her, "Thank you for what?" and she replied, "Thank you for you." It made me cry the first time. (and the second and the third...)

miss missy
12-16-2005, 06:53 PM
I won't be on tonight - we are going to the dojo. Matt is testing tonight for his green belt in karate. He is so excited we can hardly pin him down. Plus we are picking up his little girl friend Olivia and eating at Friendly's first (Matt's choice, not mine!) So I'll see you all tomorrow.

Marti

I miss the DOJO, DD was purple (2 from black) but we had to quit becuz my hours changed. Very sad! She still misses it, so maybe we'll get back there!

Let us know the good news when you get back! :cheer2:

MinnieMouseMom
12-16-2005, 06:55 PM

Marti

GOOD LUCK MATT!!! :wizard:

tmfranlk
12-16-2005, 07:00 PM
We'll be leaving that afternoon so no FW that night. But, if you're there during the day you might see us. I didn't notice they closed early Christmas eve but that seems strange considering the amount of people there this season. I just hope we'll be Ok as far as getting back in, we had planned a break in the afternoon for kids to nap and coming back around 5 during the week. But I read that they have been closing the gates in the afternoon. :confused3 There's no way we would make it staying all day without a break. So we'll just hope for the best. :wizard:

No, I don't think we'll be there during the day. We fly in at 11am and are planning to hang out with my best friend that day since we are only in town until Monday. Her passes are blacked out then so we'll be at their house, or we might walk to DTD as she only liked about 1/2 mile away. We're staying at the Little Boy Blue Inn, I think.

Eeyorecln
12-16-2005, 07:13 PM
No, I don't think we'll be there during the day. We fly in at 11am and are planning to hang out with my best friend that day since we are only in town until Monday. Her passes are blacked out then so we'll be at their house, or we might walk to DTD as she only liked about 1/2 mile away. We're staying at the Little Boy Blue Inn, I think.
We're staying at the one of the Comfort Inns in a kidsuite. It's hard to find hotels that can accomodate our size family. We don't like getting 2 rooms because of the kids ages DH and I would have to split up. Obviously, DH doesn't like that idea. :rotfl:

tmfranlk
12-16-2005, 07:20 PM
We're staying at the one of the Comfort Inns in a kidsuite. It's hard to find hotels that can accomodate our size family. We don't like getting 2 rooms because of the kids ages DH and I would have to split up. Obviously, DH doesn't like that idea. :rotfl:

Sounds fun! Have a great time!!! :sunny: :sunny:

Pooh67_68
12-16-2005, 07:23 PM
http://www.hallmark.com/wcsstore/HallmarkStore/images/products/flowers/bsplymickey_flower_xl.jpg

Can you order just the vase?

MidNite
12-16-2005, 07:29 PM

Tammi

You're most welcome. Have a fantastic trip!!!

MidNite
12-16-2005, 07:31 PM
Tinkaroo, that is such a fantastic picture in your signature! Ya'll look so cute holding Tinkerbell. The picture almost looks 3D! :teeth:

MidNite
12-16-2005, 07:36 PM
I need that link to the house with the lights and music. Kate isn't it from a post of yours? Anyone have it??

Wizards of Winter (http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=wizards+of+winter&btnG=Search+Video)

MidNite
12-16-2005, 07:52 PM
Please excuse my posting frenzy. (I'm just trying to get to 1000? Nahhhh) Anyway, I found this video on Google that you might appreciate:

Diet Coke & Mentos (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1450915772177922792)

You might want to turn off your sound, the music gets annoying.

cocowum
12-16-2005, 07:56 PM
Have a great trip!!!

Any Greys Anatomy fans out there??? I was in Disney on Sunday and missed it. I heard it was a great episode. Can someone please tell me what happened. :confused3 :confused3 pretty please. http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/images/smilies/100.gifhttp://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/images/smilies/100.gifhttp://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/images/smilies/100.gif

Just Bumping for the night crew. :teeth: Amy, are you out there??? :listen:

BTW MidNite is that a new tag? (A better name for me would be Her Royal Majesty)

KMH1
12-16-2005, 08:14 PM
Just Bumping for the night crew. :teeth: Amy, are you out there??? :listen:

BTW MidNite is that a new tag? (A better name for me would be Her Royal Majesty)

I'm here. We're safely in Huron, and Kevin and Alyssa are watching a Baby Einstein video.

I'm not too good with show summaries, but I'll try my best:

The Chief's wife demanded he go to a relative's Christmas play, so Dr. Bailey had to pick up the slack, since so many other surgeons were out too. She made Meredith and George help her because she is so exhausted from her pregnancy (her feet hurt, baby was kicking, etc.)

Dr. Burke got a Christmas tree for the apartment and Cristina revealed she's Jewish...however she's not spiritual AT ALL! They had a patient, a young boy, who needed a second heart transplant, and he was livid with his mother because she wanted another child to die, so he could live. Dr. Burke and Cristina argued about the fact, Burke believes there are spiritual influences in medicine. He truly believed the boy needed not only a new heart, but the will to live too. The child coded and Cristina brought him back, but this made her realize he did need to believe he deserved to live.

Alex had to retake his boards the next day, so he was stressed. All the other interns decided to help him by pretending to have ailments, which made Izzy flip her lid, but after Meredith lit into her about the Christmas spirit, she relented and helped too. However, she bawled her eyes out and Alex was quite apologetic for hurting her.

Dr. McDreamy avoided his wife most of the episode...she finally confronted him at the end of the episode, asking him what happened, they used to love Christmas together. He stated he wasn't trying to hurt her, but his affair with Meredith wasn't just a "fling," and he still had feelings for her.

That's all I can think of right now. I was actually dipping turtles in chocolate during the episode, so I was going to go back and watch it again, since it'll be reruns for awhile.

Hope I helped a little.

KMH1
12-16-2005, 08:18 PM
Amy,
I must have coppied your cut out cookie recipe wrong. The dough was still very sticky when I tried to take it out of the bag and even sticker when I tried to roll it out. I even put wax paper on top when I rolled it and it stuck to the paper. then I tried to cut shapes and it stuck to the floured board. I ended up just trashing it.

Hmmm..I'm sorry you had to throw it out. 3 cups of flour, right? It is still sticky, and I heavily flour my counter and rolling pin, when I roll it out.

Sorry!

cocowum
12-16-2005, 08:34 PM
I'm here. We're safely in Huron, and Kevin and Alyssa are watching a Baby Einstein video.

The Chief's wife demanded he go to a relative's Christmas play, so Dr. Bailey had to pick up the slack, since so many other surgeons were out too. She made Meredith and George help her because she is so exhausted from her pregnancy (her feet hurt, baby was kicking, etc.)

Dr. Burke got a Christmas tree for the apartment and Cristina revealed she's Jewish...however she's not spiritual AT ALL! They had a patient, a young boy, who needed a second heart transplant, and he was livid with his mother because she wanted another child to die, so he could live. Dr. Burke and Cristina argued about the fact, Burke believes there are spiritual influences in medicine. He truly believed the boy needed not only a new heart, but the will to live too. The child coded and Cristina brought him back, but this made her realize he did need to believe he deserved to live.

Alex had to retake his boards the next day, so he was stressed. All the other interns decided to help him by pretending to have ailments, which made Izzy flip her lid, but after Meredith lit into her about the Christmas spirit, she relented and helped too. However, she bawled her eyes out and Alex was quite apologetic for hurting her.

Dr. McDreamy avoided his wife most of the episode...she finally confronted him at the end of the episode, asking him what happened, they used to love Christmas together. He stated he wasn't trying to hurt her, but his affair with Meredith wasn't just a "fling," and he still had feelings for her.

That's all I can think of right now. I was actually dipping turtles in chocolate during the episode, so I was going to go back and watch it again, since it'll be reruns for awhile.

Hope I helped a little.

Thanks so much!!! Great recap. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: You helped a ton! I was going crazy! I soooo need TiVo. :teeth:

mommykds
12-16-2005, 09:19 PM
Can someone direct me to the thread on how to make your pictures smaller to put into siggie? I have one in my photo bucket but its too big. Thanks!

miss missy
12-16-2005, 09:40 PM
Can someone direct me to the thread on how to make your pictures smaller to put into siggie? I have one in my photo bucket but its too big. Thanks!

what are you using to do it? can you link it so I can do it for you? or email it to me?

PNO4TE
12-16-2005, 10:36 PM
Phew! Recitals are all over, finally. Now I have to pack!

I missed telling Tammi goodbye, but we are planning to meet up at MVMCP on the 20th so I will tell her then :)

I will likely not be back on here before we leave tomorrow morning. Many thanks to MidNite, Lady Lucca, Kate and Denise for their awesome designs, and everyone else for laughter. I will miss "talking" to you all over the next 10 days or so. See you on the 27th!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all, and to all a goodnight!

Steamboat Marti
12-16-2005, 10:39 PM
Here are a couple of pictures of our new green belt:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/Steamboat123/gettinggreenbelt.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/Steamboat123/nunchucks.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/Steamboat123/senseikellyolivia.jpg

Matt now holds white, yellow and orange in jui jitsu as well as white, yellow, orange and now green in ishinru karate. Not bad for 7 years old.

Steamboat Marti
12-16-2005, 10:40 PM
GOOD LUCK MATT!!! :wizard:

Oh Boy - wait until he sees this tomorrow, he'll be so thrilled that somebody mentioned him!!!

bear74
12-16-2005, 10:42 PM

so glad you were able to pull off the suprise. Glad everyone had a good time.

Steamboat Marti
12-16-2005, 10:43 PM
I miss the DOJO, DD was purple (2 from black) but we had to quit becuz my hours changed. Very sad! She still misses it, so maybe we'll get back there!

Let us know the good news when you get back! :cheer2:

There really is nothing like a good dojo - especially for young girls. I wish they had it when I was younger. Matt is more confident now and has more focus - I highly recommend it for anybody that wants a good activity for their child.

ETA: Boy, at least Matt has more focus, I can't type tonight!!

Steamboat Marti
12-16-2005, 10:44 PM

I missed telling Tammi goodbye, but we are planning to meet up at MVMCP on the 20th so I will tell her then :)

I will likely not be back on here before we leave tomorrow morning. Many thanks to MidNite, Lady Lucca, Kate and Denise for their awesome designs, and everyone else for laughter. I will miss "talking" to you all over the next 10 days or so. See you on the 27th!

Have a great time - take lots of pictures!!! We'll miss you both - but we'll be here when you get back!!!

bear74
12-16-2005, 10:47 PM

congratulations to you and your friends. Hope every one is doing okay. Emergency c-sections can be scarey especially for the dads.

bengalbelle
12-16-2005, 10:47 PM

Matt now holds white, yellow and orange in jui jitsu as well as white, yellow, orange and now green in ishinru karate. Not bad for 7 years old.
That is awesome and he looks so cool!

bengalbelle
12-16-2005, 10:48 PM

Merry Christmas to you and have a fabulous, magical trip!!!!!

bengalbelle
12-16-2005, 10:50 PM

Hope I helped a little.
AAACKKK!!! I'm steadily reading your post then I realized what I was reading! I haven't watched this episode yet. I know it must have been good because I was getting tons of email notifications after the show.

I'm glad ya'll made it there safely!

bear74
12-16-2005, 10:51 PM

Happy Holidays!!!!!
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

bear74
12-16-2005, 10:56 PM

Cute picture.

miss missy
12-16-2005, 10:59 PM

Go MATT...Go MATT!!!!! Oh ya, you did it!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: You rock!!!!!!!!!

miss missy
12-16-2005, 11:01 PM
te he he this is diffeent!

white trash christmas (http://www.toonedin.com/movies/WhiteTrashXmas.html)

miss missy
12-16-2005, 11:07 PM
Please excuse my posting frenzy. (I'm just trying to get to 1000? Nahhhh) Anyway, I found this video on Google that you might appreciate:

Diet Coke & Mentos (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1450915772177922792)

You might want to turn off your sound, the music gets annoying.

that music was sooo arggg LOL ! but the DC, now what is that doing to our bellies?????

miss missy
12-16-2005, 11:08 PM
Wizards of Winter (http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=wizards+of+winter&btnG=Search+Video)

Thanks, love it! Gotta show co workers when they come back from the stores! They scooted to the stores to xmas shop open late tonight! Yep... boss is gone LOL

triplefigs
12-16-2005, 11:09 PM

Have a great trip!

Phew! Recitals are all over!

BTW, when I first read your post I thought it said "rectal". Poop patrol alert! :rotfl:

my3princes
12-16-2005, 11:09 PM

Have an awesome trip. Happy Holidays to you and your family. Say hi to all the DDA for me. I'll be thinking of all of you.

Deb

triplefigs
12-16-2005, 11:10 PM

Congrats, MATT! Way to go! I hold a black belt in eating...

miss missy
12-16-2005, 11:11 PM

Have a wonderful trip and Christmas Elin!!!!

triplefigs
12-16-2005, 11:11 PM
There really is nothing like a good dojo - especially for young girls. I wish they had it when I was younger. Matt is more confident now and has more focus - I highly recommend it for anybody that wants a good activity for their child.

ETA: Boy, at least Matt has more focus, I can't type tonight!!

What is dojo?

triplefigs
12-16-2005, 11:13 PM
Cute picture.

Thanks to all for the comments on my kiddos. BTW, BK's temp is back up to 103 so off to the Urgent Care tomorrow if she isn't better. She hasn't eaten a bite (is drinking PowerAde- no Gatorade in our house- Roll Tide!). Now Davis has lost his voice. May be a long weekend.

Steamboat Marti
12-16-2005, 11:21 PM
What is dojo?

Dojo is the Japanese word for school, sensei is the Japanese word for teacher. For example, Matt is pictured with Sensei Kelly. She is the teacher (and owner) of the dojo.

miss missy
12-16-2005, 11:22 PM
Thanks to all for the comments on my kiddos. BTW, BK's temp is back up to 103 so off to the Urgent Care tomorrow if she isn't better. She hasn't eaten a bite (is drinking PowerAde- no Gatorade in our house- Roll Tide!). Now Davis has lost his voice. May be a long weekend.

sending PD :wizard: that they all get better soon! This is so hard on Mom I soooo know!

Steamboat Marti
12-16-2005, 11:22 PM

With all this fun - How are YOU feeling???

miss missy
12-16-2005, 11:23 PM
What is dojo?

School of Karate

miss missy
12-16-2005, 11:26 PM
Dojo is the Japanese word for school, sensei is the Japanese word for teacher. For example, Matt is pictured with Sensei Kelly. She is the teacher (and owner) of the dojo.

And NEVER call the Sensei their first name LOL I slipped on that one and he let me know! Oppps

I so miss it

triplefigs
12-16-2005, 11:30 PM

If I tell you that I have a minor in Japanese and was an exchange student to Japan for a year, how big of a total DUMB *** will I look like???????? :rotfl: I'm telling you all, triplets suck all brain cells out of you. And I was Valedictorian in High School. Oh, the shame! :rotfl2:

triplefigs
12-16-2005, 11:31 PM
With all this fun - How are YOU feeling???

Stick a fork in me 'cause I'm done. Sick still and hating this. But it's Christmas and I got to go to Disney, so it could be much worse!

bengalbelle
12-16-2005, 11:36 PM
I hope BK is feeling better soon!

bear74
12-16-2005, 11:36 PM

Congratulatons Matt!!!

miss missy
12-16-2005, 11:44 PM
If I tell you that I have a minor in Japanese and was an exchange student to Japan for a year, how big of a total DUMB *** will I look like???????? :rotfl: I'm telling you all, triplets suck all brain cells out of you. And I was Valedictorian in High School. Oh, the shame! :rotfl2:

thats so funny! brian cells gone aye

Steamboat Marti
12-16-2005, 11:52 PM

OK - that's just sad! I'm betting it isn't just the kids.... we'll cut you some slack because you're sick. I think you'd get it on another day when you aren't feeling like crap!!!

bengalbelle
12-16-2005, 11:53 PM
Hey Marti, remember you asked me about pictures/evidence?

Yesterday I took DS to his OT appt. for his aquatic therapy. This is the first time we've gone at this particular time. There are these 2 men (one older, one younger) helping a boy get his swimming gear on. I keep looking at the younger one (by younger I mean in mid to late 30's) and listening to him talk thinking he looks and sounds familiar. Eventually I decide he just looks a lot like DS's friend's dad.
Then he looks at me and it's one of those "I know you but I'm not sure where from" looks and then I know I know him. It takes me a few minutes but I realize he's a guy I dated in high school. He was also there for the unfortunate incident we discussed about a week ago ;) . I have not seen or talked to him since 1989! I think it's weird that until last week I hadn't thought about him in years and then we ran into each other.

triplefigs
12-16-2005, 11:58 PM
OK - that's just sad! I'm betting it isn't just the kids.... we'll cut you some slack because you're sick. I think you'd get it on another day when you aren't feeling like crap!!!

I know. Glad the tag fairy's not around. Geez! I mean a total DORK!!!! BTW, I lived in Sapporo (it's where they held the 1972 Winter Olympics- boy was it COLD for my Southern bones) on the Northern Island of Hokkaido. I went my junior year in HS, then worked in DC for Senator Howell Heflin in college. Had great aspirations for politics or public policy. Met DH, got married, and had triplets! :rotfl:

MinnieMouseMom
12-17-2005, 12:01 AM
Oh Boy - wait until he sees this tomorrow, he'll be so thrilled that somebody mentioned him!!!

:teeth:

Congratulations, Matt!!

MinnieMouseMom
12-17-2005, 12:02 AM

Oh no!! I hope you're all on the mend soon!! :wizard:

my3princes
12-17-2005, 12:06 AM
Way to go Matt. My boys are envious.

Deb

triplefigs
12-17-2005, 12:09 AM
Oh no!! I hope you're all on the mend soon!! :wizard:

Thanks. I'm ready for us all to feel better!

Steamboat Marti
12-17-2005, 12:33 AM
Hey Marti, remember you asked me about pictures/evidence?

Yesterday I took DS to his OT appt. for his aquatic therapy. This is the first time we've gone at this particular time. There are these 2 men (one older, one younger) helping a boy get his swimming gear on. I keep looking at the younger one (by younger I mean in mid to late 30's) and listening to him talk thinking he looks and sounds familiar. Eventually I decide he just looks a lot like DS's friend's dad.
Then he looks at me and it's one of those "I know you but I'm not sure where from" looks and then I know I know him. It takes me a few minutes but I realize he's a guy I dated in high school. He was also there for the unfortunate incident we discussed about a week ago ;) . I have not seen or talked to him since 1989! I think it's weird that until last week I hadn't thought about him in years and then we ran into each other.

Did he come by and say hi??

triplefigs
12-17-2005, 12:34 AM
Night all! Or should I say おやすみなさいすなわち皆。あなたに明日会いなさい。

tinknme
12-17-2005, 12:35 AM
Have a fun & safe trip :goodvibes

Steamboat Marti
12-17-2005, 12:35 AM
I know. Glad the tag fairy's not around. Geez! I mean a total DORK!!!! BTW, I lived in Sapporo (it's where they held the 1972 Winter Olympics- boy was it COLD for my Southern bones) on the Northern Island of Hokkaido. I went my junior year in HS, then worked in DC for Senator Howell Heflin in college. Had great aspirations for politics or public policy. Met DH, got married, and had triplets! :rotfl:

Matt would be so jealous!!! He wants to go to Japan in the worst way! He thinks we could just go over there for a couple of days... he has no concept how far away it is. We've tried to show him on a globe, but he doesn't see it as a big, huge world, but more of a "let's just jump on a plane and we'll be there" kind of place.

Steamboat Marti
12-17-2005, 12:36 AM
Night all! Or should I say おやすみなさいすなわち皆。あなたに明日会いなさい。

How the heck did you find that?? And is it accurate or typed by one of the kids???

triplefigs
12-17-2005, 12:38 AM
Matt would be so jealous!!! He wants to go to Japan in the worst way! He thinks we could just go over there for a couple of days... he has no concept how far away it is. We've tried to show him on a globe, but he doesn't see it as a big, huge world, but more of a "let's just jump on a plane and we'll be there" kind of place.

It was non-stop 16 hours from JFK. About half-way over you start wondering where the gas was coming from. It's the biggest plane I've ever seen. One of those huge double decker ones. LONG flight. Japan is an awesome country, but is so "Americanized" now.

triplefigs
12-17-2005, 12:39 AM
How the heck did you find that?? And is it accurate or typed by one of the kids???

On-line Japanese translator. I can't read the kanji (the symbols) much anymore, and do much better with kana. Didn't find one to do the kana (the spelled out version of Japanese). It says goodnight, everyone. See you tomorrow.

Steamboat Marti
12-17-2005, 12:41 AM
It was non-stop 16 hours from JFK. About half-way over you start wondering where the gas was coming from. It's the biggest plane I've ever seen. One of those huge double decker ones. LONG flight. Japan is an awesome country, but is so "Americanized" now.

Yeah - his idea of Japanese food is if you were in downtown Tokoyo having McDonald's. Not much of a worldly kid... By the time I was his age I had already toured Europe with my family (it was Waaaayyyyy cheaper back then) and by fourth grade we were living in England. The furthest he's been is to Disney and back, to Disney and back, to Disney and back. He doesn't think planes know how to fly east and west -- just north and south!!

tinknme
12-17-2005, 12:42 AM
Wow Denise, you all are sure having a rough time. Hope everyone gets well soon :wizard:

triplefigs
12-17-2005, 12:43 AM
Yeah - his idea of Japanese food is if you were in downtown Tokoyo having McDonald's. Not much of a worldly kid... By the time I was his age I had already toured Europe with my family (it was Waaaayyyyy cheaper back then) and by fourth grade we were living in England. The furthest he's been is to Disney and back, to Disney and back, to Disney and back. He doesn't think planes know how to fly east and west -- just north and south!!

Even when I was there in 1986 they had McD's everywhere, Baskin Robbins, KFC. Most Japanese know some English. And that was almost 20 years ago (no wonder I can't remember much!)

I hope we can travel with the kids. I was born in Germany (dad is Army) and we lived all over. I've been to Europe, Japan, a lot of the continental US, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Mexico. I hope the kids get a chance to travel too, but for now WDW seems the perfect place to take them!

bengalbelle
12-17-2005, 12:45 AM
Did he come by and say hi??
Oh yeah, we talked about the old days and did some catching up.