PDA

View Full Version : ***Disney Design Addict's Chit Chat,Designs and Pixie Dust! Everybody WELCOME!*** Part 5

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Steamboat Marti
12-14-2005, 01:50 PM
I wasn't able to watch the finale as I was in the ER trying desperately to pass a kidney stone. I've had 5 now, and this one was the worst. Mostly because I couldn't take any of my big meds at home when I first felt it coming on. With the Gastric Bypass I can't take certain types of pain meds. By the time DH came home from work I was in bed trying not to scream and scare the kids. Luckily, when we got to the hospital, they pumped me full of morphine so I either didn't feel the pain, or I just didn't care. It's all a bit fuzzy to me.

I hope you're feeling better. Is this one of the side effects of gastric bypass, or is it something you've always been stuck with?? I hope you feel better soon!

rosiejo
12-14-2005, 01:52 PM
Thank you.

ETA: Oh look....1000 posts for me!! :jumping3: :cheer2: :banana:

:cheer2: :cheer2: Hooray! :cheer2: :cheer2:

I'm on my way there too! How on earth did I post that many??

ETA - by posting 60 messages in a row and talking to myself it seems :rotfl: That's the problem when I try and catch up!!!

Steamboat Marti
12-14-2005, 01:52 PM
Ok I have a question for all of you...I am looking for a coffee table. I know what I want, I have seen it but I don't remember where.

I need a dark wood (preferably cherry, mahoghany, or just dark vaneer) rectangle table with the 6 slots underneath to put the linen lined baskets in.

Anyone have any idea where I can find something like this?
Thanks

This sounds like something from Pottery Barn (especially because of the baskets). Do you shop there at all??

Tammi67
12-14-2005, 02:01 PM
I think they all came out great -- I'm very impressed!! I love the colors, please take a group shot when you're down in FLA! Here's hoping for some sunshine! :wizard:
Thank you, I will. Glad you are back. We missed you the past few days.

Tammi67
12-14-2005, 02:01 PM
Wow Tammi they turned out great!
Thanks, Clare.

tinknme
12-14-2005, 02:14 PM
Tammie your t-shirts look wonderful! Great job :flower:

[QUOTE=Tammi67]Here are the pictures from my tiedying adventure. I am so tickled that they turned out, not as good as the craft queen Deb's though. I am just happy that they don't look like a royal mess. I only left the dye on for 4 hours, because I didn't have anymore time to wait, before rinsing. These pictures were before washing. After I washed them the became a little "softer" in color.

mommykds
12-14-2005, 02:16 PM
This sounds like something from Pottery Barn (especially because of the baskets). Do you shop there at all??

I checked their website but couldn't find anything. Also tried Ikea & Crate & Barrel with no luck...

Steamboat Marti
12-14-2005, 02:17 PM
Thank you, I will. Glad you are back. We missed you the past few days.

Thanks! Its nice to be missed. :teeth: I'll be back tonight about 9:30 - see ya then!

MinnieMouseMom
12-14-2005, 02:38 PM
Kate, I bet your grandma would hate our Christmas card. Here's the picture I'm going to upload to do a photocard and I'll have the part with our names printed on it say something about Happy Holidays

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/th_card.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/card.jpg)

my3princes
12-14-2005, 02:39 PM
That's cute Deb. I'm glad it is working again.

BTW, how did you get your names on your tie-dyed shirts without any white showing up? Did you cut out each letter individually and then irone them on?

I used light transfer paper as I only wanted the black to show up and hoped the shirt colors would show through. I did cut close to the letters, but as a unit, not as individual letters.

Deb

Tammi67
12-14-2005, 02:42 PM
Tammie your t-shirts look wonderful! Great job :flower:

[QUOTE=Tammi67]Here are the pictures from my tiedying adventure. I am so tickled that they turned out, not as good as the craft queen Deb's though. I am just happy that they don't look like a royal mess. I only left the dye on for 4 hours, because I didn't have anymore time to wait, before rinsing. These pictures were before washing. After I washed them the became a little "softer" in color.
Thanks!

mommykds
12-14-2005, 03:26 PM
Thanks Marti! I looked some more on PB's website & found this table...

http://ww1.potterybarn.com/cat/pip.cfm?src=shpcfuroccctb%7Crshop&pkey=cfuroccctb&gids=p5693

I like the look but think it's alittle too much $$$. If my kids were older then it would be o.k. but they are still young & do too much damage to my furniture...what do you all think? (the baskets are sold separately)

KMH1
12-14-2005, 04:08 PM
Thanks! Its nice to be missed. :teeth: I'll be back tonight about 9:30 - see ya then!

I'm sure the Queen and I could argue who missed you the most (I did! :teeth: ) :rotfl:

Amy :)

Glynis
12-14-2005, 04:15 PM
I hope you're feeling better. Is this one of the side effects of gastric bypass, or is it something you've always been stuck with?? I hope you feel better soon!

This is actually kidney stone number 5 for me in 9 years. I've been told it's genetic, and I guess that's the case, since my mother, and her mother, and her mother all had them. It's not fun, but I passed at least part of the stone today, so I'm feeling a lot better.

Thanks for thinking of me.

tmfranlk
12-14-2005, 05:47 PM
Just popping in to say hi, but the rest of my night is dedicated to wrapping presents and The Amazing Race finale. Go Linz family!!!!

P.S. Kate, check out my post count. I know you love that! :teeth:

Oh man! I totally forgot. I got caught up watching VH1 100 Greatest Child Stars and didn't remember that it was Tuesday. I still have to read to page 1217 so if no one has posted before then I would love a quick recap. Thanks!!

tmfranlk
12-14-2005, 05:50 PM
HOS
Good evening.
I just got great news to share today.
I had my annual review today.
I received a raise & a Christmas bonus.
To add to the kitty for this Summer. :cool1:

That's great news, Brenda! Congratulations!! :cool1:

tmfranlk
12-14-2005, 05:53 PM
Yes we got antibiotics today. :banana: I used motrin last night which seemed to help. Thanks everyone for the get wells. I know we'll enjoy DL but I'm jealous of all the people going to WDW for the holidays. Especially after seeing the Food Holiday show. But, DH says it's too far for this year at least I'm getting to see the 50th FW show again. It is so amazing with all the special effects and e-ticket ride sequence. :wizard:

I LOVE that show! It is sooo good. When are you going? I think that Terra and I are going to brave the crowds Christmas weekend to at least sneak in an early morning or two to hit Fantasyland and a night to hit the parades and fireworks. It just SO wouldn't be the same to watch from the courtyard between the parks.

tmfranlk
12-14-2005, 06:01 PM
Here are the pictures from my tiedying adventure. I am so tickled that they turned out, not as good as the craft queen Deb's though. I am just happy that they don't look like a royal mess. I only left the dye on for 4 hours, because I didn't have anymore time to wait, before rinsing. These pictures were before washing. After I washed them the became a little "softer" in color.

WOW, Tammi!!! They turned out great.

tmfranlk
12-14-2005, 06:06 PM
:goodvibes

oooohhhh - good job they don't ship overseas as that's too good a bargain to pass up - but I just bought new cases and DH would flip anyway :goodvibes

You just need to find a friend in Orlando! :) A friend of mine on another list has become good friends with another woman on the list who lives in Orlando. She has her Disney Store and other US site purchases to her friend's house. When she comes to WDW from England she brings a few boxes of donations she's collected for Give Kids the World (the resort where Make a Wish families stay - REALLY neat place!) and then fills those boxes with her previous shipments. Her husband has just taken to rolling his eyes and learning to accept the craziness. :flower:

tmfranlk
12-14-2005, 06:07 PM
Ok I have a question for all of you...I am looking for a coffee table. I know what I want, I have seen it but I don't remember where.

I need a dark wood (preferably cherry, mahoghany, or just dark vaneer) rectangle table with the 6 slots underneath to put the linen lined baskets in.

Anyone have any idea where I can find something like this?
Thanks

Pottery Barn or IKEA?

bear74
12-14-2005, 06:12 PM
DH and I took DD to see santa. she let me sit her on his lap she gave him a hug but when I stepped away she started crying. So I ended up in the pic. too.

mommykds
12-14-2005, 06:29 PM
Pottery Barn or IKEA?

I checked out Ikea ..they have somthing similiar for $99...much more reasonable. I'll have to go over there & check it out in person.

New carpet, coffee table, & new casual dishes are what I asked for Christmas this year. (too practical I know!) but we really needed them.

mommykds
12-14-2005, 06:32 PM
Bad thing - I realized Julia was with me when I bought Nick's big Santa gift - a mickey tv & dvd player - so I just told her that I bought too much stuff and I had to take it back to the store - when my mom comes over I am going to ask her if she had any trouble returning it - I tried to reshuffle gifts but I just couldnt :rolleyes: I hope she doesn't catch on!!

I don't know Kate, she is one smart girl!!!

julia & nicks mom
12-14-2005, 06:35 PM
I don't know Kate, she is one smart girl!!!

I told her today we had to return it and that my mom was taking it back - she told me Nicky would be sad so I said - let's write a letter to santa to ask for it - which we did - so things might be okay -

bad thing - she asked for one thing from Santa - the Cinderella Kitchen that is $60 - I had not bought it yet - guess Santa is going to be a little over budget this year!!

julia & nicks mom
12-14-2005, 06:37 PM
Julia and I could not agree on a shirt for her to wear to school today - so I did what any normal mother would do

I designed and made her a shirt :rotfl2:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/kfeldmann/shirt001.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/kfeldmann/shirt002.jpg

mommykds
12-14-2005, 06:38 PM
Cut-Out Cookies
1 cup butter (softened)
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tab cold water
1 teas vanilla
1 teas baking powder
1 teas salt
3 cups flour

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, water, and vanilla, and blend well. Sift together the baking powder, salt, and one cup flour. Combine the sifted mixture with the first ingredients and beat well. Add the final two cups of flour a little at a time, until well mixed.

I put the dough in a gallon size ziplock bag and pat as thin as possible. Refrigerate overnight or for at least four hours. This dough rolls out best cold. I break off a piece at a time...I really recommend my ziplock bag method!

Preheat over to 375. Roll dough to about 1/4 thickness. Cut into desired shapes. Bake on ungreased cookie sheets for 6-8 minutes. Remove cookie sheet from overn and allow cookies to cool slightly before moving to paper towels.

When cook, frost and decorate. We frost with dry fondant and sugar sprinkles.

Other tips:
1. Roll out dough in small amounts and keep dough chilled between batches.
2. Use as little flour as possible when rolling out cookies, because too much flour will make the cookies tough and dry.
3. The thickness of the cookies will determine how long they need to bake. Watch carefully and bake until set, but not brown.
4. These cookies freeze well. After frosting has set, layer carefully between sheets of wax paper in an airtight container.
5. Each batch yields approximately 4 dozen cookies.

Oh I am so bad..I just bought the pillsbury sugar cookie ready made dough in the dairy section & I was annoyed that I needed flour to sprinkle on the bottom when rolling them out...I don't have flour! :confused3
Someday I'll bake from scratch!.......................................

.....................................um, maybe not!

Wish me luck, I have 10 (9-10 years olds) girls coming tom'w for my dd's surprise birthday party! DH is taking my 2 little ones out to chucky cheese so the whole house will be all "girlies". We are baking cookies (that why I needed the pillsbury stuff) they are going to cut out the shapes & decorate with icing. Should be fun! I just hope all her friends don't say anything to her in school....I am so glad they all kept the secret so far!

My baby is 10! :earseek:

mommykds
12-14-2005, 06:39 PM
Julia and I could not agree on a shirt for her to wear to school today - so I did what any normal mother would do

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/kfeldmann/shirt001.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/kfeldmann/shirt002.jpg

Oh you crack me up!!!!!!!!!!!!

mommykds
12-14-2005, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendita
HOS
Good evening.

Brendita,
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sunny:

mommykds
12-14-2005, 06:44 PM
I told her today we had to return it and that my mom was taking it back - she told me Nicky would be sad so I said - let's write a letter to santa to ask for it - which we did - so things might be okay -

bad thing - she asked for one thing from Santa - the Cinderella Kitchen that is $60 - I had not bought it yet - guess Santa is going to be a little over budget this year!!

That was good thinking!!!(about asking Santa for Nick gift)

Don't feel bad about going over...I did that with all 3 kids this year..Mostly with my oldest dd...I budgeted $300 per kid...I came in at $600 for just her (I know, kick me.) It was all American Girl stuff which is expensive & some things are so small that it doesn't look like much...to top it off we saw Santa & when he asked her what she wanted she said "a keyboard" ugh! :guilty: All year she has been looking at the AG catalouge circling things & talking about wanting the doll that looks like her & the new one Elizabeth...

julia & nicks mom
12-14-2005, 06:46 PM
I went with Julia to school to share a family tradition - we get a special ornament for each of us every year and I have an ornament for every year each pertaining to something significant in my life -

I have my very first ornament that I got the year I was born so we took that and a few more of mine and then Julia took hers from the last 5 years

this is this year's ornament

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/kfeldmann/shirt008.jpg

I let her talk about her ornaments and she said this is Belle and Beast - Belle is my favorite princess and I got it at WDW and Belle has a Mickey ornament that she is giving Beast - I didn't look right then b/c we were in front of her class but I thought Belle was holding the rose -

guess Julia is more observant than me -

here is a closeup (sorry it is blurry)

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/kfeldmann/ornament.jpg

julia & nicks mom
12-14-2005, 06:54 PM
Nick has had a HUGe language explosion this week and is just cracking us up

last night he told me

Mommy Ho Ho fies weindeer (Santa flies with his reindeer) he is so sweet!!

anyway -

I have notice now whenever he falls he looks at me and says "Mommy - kay" at first I thought he was calling me Mommy - Kate - but then I realized he was telling me he was okay - I guess I must ask him every time he falls if he is okay!! :rotfl:

miss missy
12-14-2005, 07:17 PM
Just wanted to say hi y'all! :wave:

I'm bushed and I'm heading for bed...Joe is out of town and Christmas has snuck up on me! :earseek: :crazy2: :faint:

Ya know I got to thinking about the whole baby thing and remembered there's birds involved too! I'm not exactly sure were they fit in! :daisy:

http://www.superlaugh.com/dan/birdsandbees.jpg

NIGHT DDAers! :flower:

BALOO!! What birds!! Now I am bery confused. Just when I thought I "got it" I am all :confused3 !!

bear74
12-14-2005, 07:31 PM
Okay sugar cookie doug in the fridge. :goodvibes

KMH1
12-14-2005, 07:32 PM
Oh man! I totally forgot. I got caught up watching VH1 100 Greatest Child Stars and didn't remember that it was Tuesday. I still have to read to page 1217 so if no one has posted before then I would love a quick recap. Thanks!!

I'm really bad with show recaps, especially since I was wrapping presents during those 2 hours. I think there's a thread on the CB that you could check the last few pages of. I can tell you though, that the Linz's won!!!
Bransen's came in 2nd and Weaver's 3rd.

KMH1
12-14-2005, 07:36 PM

Note to self:
Whenever anyone questions why I make so much fun of Kate, cite post # 18265. :rotfl:

julia & nicks mom
12-14-2005, 07:41 PM
Note to self:
Whenever anyone questions why I make so much fun of Kate, cite post # 18265. :rotfl:

someday alyssa will be old enought to decide if isn't the perfect shade of pink with the perfect combination of princesses and then you won't think that is so funny!!!

KMH1
12-14-2005, 07:46 PM
someday alyssa will be old enought to decide if isn't the perfect shade of pink with the perfect combination of princesses and then you won't think that is so funny!!!

And it will be her daddy who designs the "perfect shirt" for her, since he's the designer in this family. :goodvibes

And I thought I had to worry about the teenage years! Between Christopher telling Dawn no more Chick-fil-a and you having to design a perfect shirt, I guess I should be worried about ages 4-5! :teeth:

julia & nicks mom
12-14-2005, 07:49 PM
And it will be her daddy who designs the "perfect shirt" for her, since he's the designer in this family. :goodvibes

And I thought I had to worry about the teenage years! Between Christopher telling Dawn no more Chick-fil-a and you having to design a perfect shirt, I guess I should be worried about ages 4-5! :teeth:

No - I think you just need to worry about July right now!! :rotfl:

dumby
12-14-2005, 08:02 PM
Kate when are you ordering the transfer paper and did you get my PM?

delinda

Glynis
12-14-2005, 08:04 PM
Oh I am so bad..I just bought the pillsbury sugar cookie ready made dough in the dairy section & I was annoyed that I needed flour to sprinkle on the bottom when rolling them out...I don't have flour! :confused3

Wish me luck, I have 10 (9-10 years olds) girls coming tom'w for my dd's surprise birthday party! DH is taking my 2 little ones out to chucky cheese so the whole house will be all "girlies". We are baking cookies (that why I needed the pillsbury stuff) they are going to cut out the shapes & decorate with icing. Should be fun! I just hope all her friends don't say anything to her in school....I am so glad they all kept the secret so far!

I did this last year for my DD's birthday. I baked all the cookies beforehand and had 3 platters full of sugar and gingerbread cookies. We also took sugar cones (ice cream), frosted them green, and the girls decorated them like trees with rope licorice, m&m's, and other candies. All the girls have stopped by the house this year to see when we're doing it again. I told them it won't be until next year. It was a lot of work preparing and cleaning up after it, but it was fun.

Oh, I also bought child size aprons, and let them decorate them with fabric pens. They loved that!

Good luck with your party! It will be so much fun!

julia & nicks mom
12-14-2005, 08:08 PM
Kate when are you ordering the transfer paper and did you get my PM?

delinda

I am getting ready to put the order together and will post the details in here - I hope to order tomorrow!!

miss missy
12-14-2005, 08:26 PM
Just popping in. Christmas party at work tonight, eating too much!

Kate... are you ignoring my posts giving you are hard time last night or did I miss your response?

Julia is too smart and too cute and too fashionable!! You are in for it girlfriend! :goodvibes

Brenda... congrats on the job stat!! YAY!

Rosiejo.. welcome back! Did you have a good trip and HM?

Baloo he he he you are so funny!!

Where is Denise???

Elin...glad your concerts are going so well :Pinkbounc

Anyone with trips.... have a blast!

Anyone I missed... :wave2:

tinker1bell
12-14-2005, 08:29 PM
Well guys, I just got back from Steffy's home. Needless to say, she is overwhelmed. I had her read the letter first then look thru each package. Then she would lay the things out and take pictures. Then we put the ornaments on the tree.
The grandkids were trying to help out, especially the two year old, so we kinda called it quits and she just looked at the rest in each of the boxes.

Pno4te Elin, The Mickey Head ornaments were just amazing.

MidNite Harriet I just love the Bambi ornament

My3Princes Deb The handmade snowmen and angels and plaques were so dear.

Disneyeveryyear Beverly, I absoutely love the big sachet balls. Steffy hung those over the window the tree is in front of.

Brendita Brenda, Yes your DS loved Pooh :goodvibes I think Steffy is going to hang the Pooh lights around the windows in her room.

SteamboatMarti Marti, I just love the curtains. And that ornament that you got for Steffy, I have never seen anything like that before. I know she is warm because she was still sitting with the afghan when I left.

As she was sitting there she kept saying "This is my life" and looking at all of the things spread out. I could tell that she was just trying to comprehend it all.

There were so many more things but I will let Steffy tell you more.

Again I just want to say thank you so very much. I was so priviliged to have been part of this to see the joy and later on I know the tears from it all

my3princes
12-14-2005, 08:31 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: Okay sugar cookie doug in the fridge. :goodvibes

I know it was a typo, but I found myself wondering is sugar cookie "Doug" was cute. And why is he hiding in the fridge? :rotfl:

I guess I must be tired, I get a little punchy when tired.

Deb

julia & nicks mom
12-14-2005, 08:38 PM
Well guys, I just got back from Steffy's home. Needless to say, she is overwhelmed. I had her read the letter first then look thru each package. Then she would lay the things out and take pictures. Then we put the ornaments on the tree.
The grandkids were trying to help out, especially the two year old, so we kinda called it quits and she just looked at the rest in each of the boxes.

Pno4te Elin, The Mickey Head ornaments were just amazing.

MidNite Harriet I just love the Bambi ornament

My3Princes Deb The handmade snowmen and angels and plaques were so dear.

Disneyeveryyear Beverly, I absoutely love the big sachet balls. Steffy hung those over the window the tree is in front of.

Brendita Brenda, Yes your DS loved Pooh :goodvibes I think Steffy is going to hang the Pooh lights around the windows in her room.

SteamboatMarti Marti, I just love the curtains. And that ornament that you got for Steffy, I have never seen anything like that before. I know she is warm because she was still sitting with the afghan when I left.

As she was sitting there she kept saying "This is my life" and looking at all of the things spread out. I could tell that she was just trying to comprehend it all.

There were so many more things but I will let Steffy tell you more.

Again I just want to say thank you so very much. I was so priviliged to have been part of this to see the joy and later on I know the tears from it all

Did you get anything from me for her? :confused3

Steffy
12-14-2005, 08:45 PM
Well, DDAs, I must say that I am completely overwhelemed! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Blown away. Speechless. And that takes a lot.

tinker1bell left a few minutes ago. she brought the boxes from Midnite, my3princes, disneyeveryear, Brendita and Steamboat Marti. :love: :love: :love:

I am so,.......so, ........ I don't know. I can't think of a word to express exactly what I am feeling right now. :love: :love: :love: Touched, happy, filled with gratitute. I don't know. Words just doesn't seem enough to cut it. :cloud9: :cloud9:

I hope I will find my words by tomorrow. Right now I am snuggeled under my afgan (thanks Marti!) looking at my tree, deciding where to place my ornaments..so beautiful.

I placed the Mickey icon ornaments from P4note (thanks Elin!) and the Bambi one from Midnite (thanks Midnite!)

The homemade snowpeople are so adorable. They are all up on my tree. Made with love from my3princes (thanks Deb!!) The pillows are on my bed. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Yes, Brendita, I love Pooh! :love1: :love1: The flag is going up this weekend!

disneyeveryyear, I have never seen any of those ornaments. So unique. Just beautiful. Gorgeous. (Thanks Bev!) I'm going to wait until my grandchildren stop bouncy off the walls before I put them up.... :goodvibes

And Marti. OMG!!! Yes, I do believe all of your wonderful things have found a good home. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes I didn't even know Disney made ornaments like that!!! :love:

Yes, all of your kindness has healed the huge hole in my heart. I thank you from the bottom of mine :love: :cloud9:

I'll post pictures soon. I have a before of my tree and I'll post an after.....

my3princes
12-14-2005, 08:47 PM
My older 2 sons had their holiday concert tonight. It was a very good concert. Nick is in the band and the hand drumming group as well as his class chorus. Hunter is just in his class chorus, but will be able to join hand drumming next year. We bought them hand drums at Epcot on our last trip. Here is a photo of the kids before the concert.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/63925xmas_concert-med.jpg

Deb

Blueeyes101817
12-14-2005, 08:48 PM
i feel like i havent posted in forever!!! Things have been a bit crazy with finals and everything..i have 4 more finals and ill be done Tuesday afternoon--then im hoping i can post more!!

disneyeveryyear
12-14-2005, 08:52 PM
Well, DDAs, I must say that I am completely overwhelemed! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

tinker1bell left a few minutes ago. she brought the boxes from Midnite, my3princes, disneyeveryear, Brendita and Steamboat Marti. :love: :love: :love:

I am so,.......so, ........ I don't know. I can't think of a word to express exactly what I am feeling right now. :love: :love: :love: Touched, happy, filled with gratitute. I don't know. Words just doesn't seem enough to cut it. :cloud9: :cloud9:

I hope I will find my words by tomorrow. Right now I am snuggeled under my afgan (thanks Marti!) looking at my tree, deciding where to place my ornaments..so beautiful.

I placed the Mickey icon ornaments from P4note (thanks Elin!) and the Bambi one from Midnite (thanks Midnite!)

The homemade snowpeople are so adorable. They are all up on my tree. Made with love from my3princes (thanks Deb!!) The pillows are on my bed. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

disneyeveryyear, I have never seen any of those ornaments. So unique. Just beautiful. Gorgeous. (Thanks Bev!) I'm going to wait until my grandchildren stop bouncy off the walls before I put them up.... :goodvibes

And Marti. OMG!!! Yes, I do believe all of your wonderful things have found a good home. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes I didn't even know Disney made ornaments like that!!! :love:

Yes, all of your kindness has healed the huge hole in my heart. I thank you from the bottom of mine :love: :cloud9:

Steffy - I hope you spend many years with these ornaments and when you look at them you can know that they were chosen and sent with love. I am glad I had some that were new and different for you.

Enjoy them and know that we all did this because we wanted to.

my3princes
12-14-2005, 08:58 PM

You are so welcome. I can't wait to see photos. I hope that these small gifts will ease some of the pain that you have been experiencing.

Deb

disneyeveryyear
12-14-2005, 09:07 PM
HOS
Good evening.
To add to the kitty for this Summer. :cool1:

Isn't it wonderful when you are recognized for your accomplishments (especially when you need it most)? I took DS11 to the orthodontist today and it was nice to know that our Christmas Bonuses will more than cover the down payment so we won't have to dip into savings.

disneyeveryyear
12-14-2005, 09:08 PM
My older 2 sons had their holiday concert tonight. It was a very good concert. Nick is in the band and the hand drumming group as well as his class chorus. Hunter is just in his class chorus, but will be able to join hand drumming next year. We bought them hand drums at Epcot on our last trip. Here is a photo of the kids before the concert.

Deb

I am still trying to catch up on the last 10 pages, but wanted to let you know what a nice looking family you have Deb. Those are some handsome sons.

disneyeveryyear
12-14-2005, 09:10 PM
Yeah, it was my fault. I take a medicine every day (which I did) to prevent them, but still get about 1 a month. Well, I felt this one coming on and sort of ignored it because the acute med makes me sleepy. Oops :teeth:

Jennifer, so sorry that you got hit with a bad one. I don't take preventative meds, but it kills me when I get one and don't take my meds in time.

my3princes
12-14-2005, 09:18 PM
It has sure been quiet around here the last few days. People must be consumed with Holiday preparations. Maybe I should take a hint and get wrapping. It would be nice to know what I still need to buy. The good news is that all 3 of my sons asked Santa for the exact items that I had expected. No surprises for Santa this years. Whew... I really hate it when they change their minds at the last minutes. We had a visit from Santa last night at our Cub Scout christmas party. He was wonderful.

Deb

disneyeveryyear
12-14-2005, 09:25 PM
Kate, I bet your grandma would hate our Christmas card. Here's the picture I'm going to upload to do a photocard and I'll have the part with our names printed on it say something about Happy Holidays

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/th_card.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/card.jpg)

That is too funny. Our Christmas card has the picture of the kids with Minnie and Goofy. It says Merry Christmas From our Goofy family.

Great minds.

What else did I read today?

Tammi - great shirts. I absolutely love the vibrance of the purple on your shirt. Just great. I am envious of all of your Mickey heads. I had planned to add extras, but after 7 shirts, I felt everyone was lucky to get 2 on their shirt. Is Alyssa feeling better?

Deb - glad to know your got your computer fixed. I hope you were able to back everything up before you had to redo it.

Kate - LOL - I think Julia is going to keep you on your toes for years to come.

Clare - glad to see you back and posting. Did you head back to work this week? :confused3 Doesn't it seem unreal to actually refer to him as DH now? We have been married 18 years and sometimes that seems unreal.

MissMissy - glad you had a good time. We are still awaiting your trip report. Did I miss it?

Tinknme - is your son feeling better? I really hope so. DD is back to school - I have it now. YUCK!

Marti - glad to see you have returned. Tell Paul to stop in and say hi when he gets a chance.

Marti - it sounds like you put the rest of us to shame with all the goodies you sent. What a wonderful friend you are.

Well, off to bed, I am still not feeling well at all.

bengalbelle
12-14-2005, 09:41 PM
Good evening everyone.

DS(4-almost 5) and I were walking out of the mall today (in the rain) and I was holding packages and the umbrella. I told him to hold onto me before we started walking to the car and while we were walking to the car. I was also holding his head toward me with my arm that was holding the umbrella. Anyway, I moved my arm to use the remote to unlock the car and he saw a puddle in the middle of the driveway and darted away. As he moved (it all happened so fast) I screamed his name and moved toward him and a lady in a SUV slammed on her brakes and swerved to the side to avoid hitting him. This happened 6 1/2 hours ago and I am still shaking. I feel like an awful mother for letting go of him in the first place and I'm even more upset because he doesn't realize how dangerous it was. DH, my SIL and I have all talked to him and he just shrugs it off. I don't know what to do to get him to understand :(.
Anyway, I just needed to talk about it and if anyone has any advice I'd love to hear it. It will be a long time before he walks without holding our hands again.

PNO4TE
12-14-2005, 09:46 PM
My older 2 sons had their holiday concert tonight. It was a very good concert. Nick is in the band and the hand drumming group as well as his class chorus. Hunter is just in his class chorus, but will be able to join hand drumming next year. We bought them hand drums at Epcot on our last trip. Here is a photo of the kids before the concert.Deb

YAY!! Musicians! :rockband:

Steamboat Marti
12-14-2005, 09:48 PM
Thanks Marti! I looked some more on PB's website & found this table...

http://ww1.potterybarn.com/cat/pip.cfm?src=shpcfuroccctb%7Crshop&pkey=cfuroccctb&gids=p5693

I like the look but think it's alittle too much $$$. If my kids were older then it would be o.k. but they are still young & do too much damage to my furniture...what do you all think? (the baskets are sold separately)

I liked the coffee table, but if your kids are still little, it is a little expensive. Did you try at put together place like Sauder? Maybe they have something similar that is cheaper. What about Target or other places like that?

bengalbelle
12-14-2005, 09:48 PM
:rotfl: See Kate already offered! D@mn time difference :0)

Let's see the final picture
Either Kate or I will post it when it's finished. I need to get another picture to her and I haven't been able to do that yet.

Steamboat Marti
12-14-2005, 09:50 PM
I'm sure the Queen and I could argue who missed you the most (I did! :teeth: ) :rotfl:

OOOhhhh - I started an argument between the Queen and one of her favorite subjects!! Pass the popcorn - this could get interesting!!

julia & nicks mom
12-14-2005, 09:53 PM
Good evening everyone.

DS(4-almost 5) and I were walking out of the mall today (in the rain) and I was holding packages and the umbrella. I told him to hold onto me before we started walking to the car and while we were walking to the car. I was also holding his head toward me with my arm that was holding the umbrella. Anyway, I moved my arm to use the remote to unlock the car and he saw a puddle in the middle of the driveway and darted away. As he moved (it all happened so fast) I screamed his name and moved toward him and a lady in a SUV slammed on her brakes and swerved to the side to avoid hitting him. This happened 6 1/2 hours ago and I am still shaking. I feel like an awful mother for letting go of him in the first place and I'm even more upset because he doesn't realize how dangerous it was. DH, my SIL and I have all talked to him and he just shrugs it off. I don't know what to do to get him to understand :(.
Anyway, I just needed to talk about it and if anyone has any advice I'd love to hear it. It will be a long time before he walks without holding our hands again.

My heart was beating fast reading your post - I was racing through it to make sure he was okay and now I am shaking for you!! Those are the worst moments as a parent - Julia broke away from me once and started to run towards a four lane road - it still makes me shudder!!! Thank god the lady in the SUV was alert!!

julia & nicks mom
12-14-2005, 09:54 PM
OOOhhhh - I started an argument between the Queen and one of her favorite subjects!! Pass the popcorn - this could get interesting!!

Did Amy publicly post that she missed you or send you a PM (not sure on this - but I know I posted first asking about you!!)

Steamboat Marti
12-14-2005, 09:55 PM
Note to self:

Sometimes there is just too much ammunition here.... Amy you're killing me!!

Tinkaroo
12-14-2005, 09:57 PM
Good evening everyone.

:grouphug: to you and your son. How scary for you!!! I am so glad to hear that he's okay. Thank goodness the woman driving was paying attention - sometimes people in parking lots are on auto pilot!

babytrees
12-14-2005, 09:57 PM
I went with Julia to school to share a family tradition - we get a special ornament for each of us every year and I have an ornament for every year each pertaining to something significant in my life -

I have my very first ornament that I got the year I was born so we took that and a few more of mine and then Julia took hers from the last 5 years

this is this year's ornament

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/kfeldmann/shirt008.jpg

I let her talk about her ornaments and she said this is Belle and Beast - Belle is my favorite princess and I got it at WDW and Belle has a Mickey ornament that she is giving Beast - I didn't look right then b/c we were in front of her class but I thought Belle was holding the rose -

guess Julia is more observant than me -

here is a closeup (sorry it is blurry)

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/kfeldmann/ornament.jpg

I want that ornament!!!

Steamboat Marti
12-14-2005, 10:00 PM

Just glad that we've been able to able to make you smile. Let the healing begin!!

Steamboat Marti
12-14-2005, 10:03 PM
Good evening everyone.

OMG - this is every mom's nightmare! I'm so glad he's ok - but I understand why you're still shaking. I don't have any advice, but lots of :grouphug:

babytrees
12-14-2005, 10:06 PM
Well I have officially moved back into the realm of poster on this thread....

Our last concert of the season was tonight....oldest daughter in band and jazz band....only flute in both...had a solo....made me cry :goodvibes they grow up so fast!! Enjoy every minute with your kiddos...seems like yesterday when she was heading off to kindergarten now I will have a high schooler next year.

I also finished my girls christmas presents..an afghan for each of them....one is tink green(that's what she called it when she saw it) and hot pink.

Now I can get down to the serious job of keeping up with all of you and making tshirts. :rotfl:

Theresa

Steamboat Marti
Did Amy publicly post that she missed you or send you a PM (not sure on this - but I know I posted first asking about you!!)

OK - OK for the whole world to know; Kate sent me a PM asking if I was ok and that was BEFORE Amy posted about missing me. Sorry Amy, I can not tell a lie! Too bad this was over before it was started, I was popping some pop corn!!

tinker1bell
Good evening everyone.

Mom, You are going to let go more times than you can count. It was not your fault. It may or may not sink in what could have happened to him. I just know that one of these days you will have him say to you "Mom, You were right" then he will turn right around and think you are blind, deaf and very stupid :rotfl2: :confused3 :rotfl2:

Terry

miss missy
12-14-2005, 10:07 PM

Deb

How cute!!! ANd I see Mickey on that tie :Pinkbounc awe. lil ones are so fun!

Steamboat Marti
12-14-2005, 10:07 PM

Our last concert of the season was tonight....oldest daughter in band and jazz band....only flute in both...had a solo....made me cry :goodvibes they grow up so fast!! Enjoy every minute with your kiddos...seems like yesterday when she was heading off to kindergarten now I will have a high schooler next year.

I also finished my girls christmas presents..an afghan for each of them....one is tink green(that's what she called it when she saw it) and hot pink.

Now I can get down to the serious job of keeping up with all of you and making tshirts. :rotfl:

Theresa

Welcome to the craziness -- glad to have you posting and not just lurking!!!

Brendita
12-14-2005, 10:10 PM
Here are the pictures from my tiedying adventure. I am so tickled that they turned out, not as good as the craft queen Deb's though. I am just happy that they don't look like a royal mess. I only left the dye on for 4 hours, because I didn't have anymore time to wait, before rinsing. These pictures were before washing. After I washed them the became a little "softer" in color.

All rubberbanded:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/tammi67/P1020573.jpg

Alyssa's shirt, front:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/tammi67/P1020574.jpg

Alyssa's back:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/tammi67/P1020575.jpg

Nicholas' front:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/tammi67/P1020580.jpg

Nicholas' back:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/tammi67/P1020581.jpg

My front:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/tammi67/P1020576.jpg

My back:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/tammi67/P1020577.jpg

DH front:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/tammi67/P1020578.jpg

Dh back:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/tammi67/P1020579.jpg
They look super.

miss missy
12-14-2005, 10:11 PM
MissMissy - glad you had a good time. We are still awaiting your trip report. Did I miss it?

Hope you feel better soon!

My trip report is gonna be delayed, I got xmas to get together and work, and DR's .... yikes! I will post it and pics when I can

julia & nicks mom
12-14-2005, 10:13 PM
Miss Missy - wasn't ignoring you - just didn't really read last night - I had a busy day and just skimmed

Brendita
12-14-2005, 10:15 PM
DH just called with AWESOME news!! He got a bonus today!!! :Pinkbounc I only wish half of it didn't have to go to Uncle Sam
:cheer2: For your DH.
Christmas bonus are nice.
Who ever told Uncle Sam he could have 1/2??

miss missy
12-14-2005, 10:17 PM
Good evening everyone.

Yikes! So scary isn't it! My biggest fear is cars, driving them and all, but parking lots make me so scared as a driver. Pulling in and out is what people focus on, sometimes they forget to slow down(not your lady).

I dunno, but maybe the local police has a traffic officer that can explain to him, if it doesn't scare him to talk to one. Sometimes kids just don't take things well from us, but a uniform.. maybe. Just a thought.

miss missy
12-14-2005, 10:19 PM

passing the pop corn AND the deit coke! :rotfl2:

babytrees
12-14-2005, 10:23 PM
Good evening everyone.

No advice to give here other than lots of pixie dust and to tell you they do eventually listen....My now 13 yo DD ran into the parking lot and into our car doors not once but twice.....both times the corners of her eye caught the force of the opening doors....try explaining to the ped. that she did it twice in the span of a month!! :rolleyes:

She did eventually listen and keep hold of mom's hand...but we repeated with the second..thankfully that one never came to serious harm :earboy2:

So pixie dust with hopefully the knowledge that all muchkins let go of hands and it happens to the best of us moms!!

miss missy
12-14-2005, 10:23 PM
Miss Missy - wasn't ignoring you - just didn't really read last night - I had a busy day and just skimmed

Well I was giving you a hard time that you were wrapping all that BLACK FRIDAY stuff :rotfl: and how happy were you then! But really I am just jealous becuz I am sooo NOT shopped let alone wrapped! I was just being a punk is all :teeth:

julia & nicks mom
12-14-2005, 10:28 PM
Well I was giving you a hard time that you were wrapping all that BLACK FRIDAY stuff :rotfl: and how happy were you then! But really I am just jealous becuz I am sooo NOT shopped let alone wrapped! I was just being a punk is all :teeth:

I did read that -

I got hardly anything done! I wrapped all my in-law gifts - which is a good bit - but my side is just waiting to go!!

There are 7 grandkids in my family - soon to be 8 :goodvibes and we SPOIL them rotten!! I am the only one who lives here - so my mom and I do all the shopping and wrapping - when my sisters show up - Christmas is ready and waiting for them - pretty sweet deal if you ask me!

look what they sent me this year for shopping for them:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/kfeldmann/44693zoom.jpg

Steamboat Marti
12-14-2005, 10:31 PM
I did read that -

I got hardly anything done! I wrapped all my in-law gifts - which is a good bit - but my side is just waiting to go!!

There are 7 grandkids in my family - soon to be 8 :goodvibes and we SPOIL them rotten!! I am the only one who lives here - so my mom and I do all the shopping and wrapping - when my sisters show up - Christmas is ready and waiting for them - pretty sweet deal if you ask me!

http://as7disney.images.go.com/is/image/DisneyShopping/44693?$zoom$

Can I have one too???? Just cause I'm cute??? Please, huh, can I huh??

Steamboat Marti
12-14-2005, 10:33 PM
My dad emailed this to me, so naturally I thought of all of my DDA buddies.... its too cute!

Why Santa likes RED....
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/Steamboat123/santa.jpg

babytrees
12-14-2005, 10:34 PM
I did read that -

http://as7disney.images.go.com/is/image/DisneyShopping/44693?$zoom$

Did you get yours in one piece? I saw another thread where so many showed up on doorsteps not so well made!!

I wanted one so bad....maybe I will just have to create one myself(a bit of a step up from the regular wreaths I make!!)

julia & nicks mom
12-14-2005, 10:35 PM
Can I have one too???? Just cause I'm cute??? Please, huh, can I huh??

if you want to come help me wrap - I would be more than happy to get you one!! :teeth:

Steamboat Marti
12-14-2005, 10:35 PM
OK - one more before I stop my own posting party....

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/Steamboat123/ATT000212.jpg

julia & nicks mom
12-14-2005, 10:36 PM
Did you get yours in one piece? I saw another thread where so many showed up on doorsteps not so well made!!

I wanted one so bad....maybe I will just have to create one myself(a bit of a step up from the regular wreaths I make!!)

I read that thread too - my sister freaked about it once she sent it -

but mine was in perfect shape and beautiful!!!

Steamboat Marti
12-14-2005, 10:36 PM
if you want to come help me wrap - I would be more than happy to get you one!! :teeth:

Uh oh - I'm not that great of a wrapper. Skunka usually wraps for us - he's the better one at it... but I'll come over and have a drink and watch :teeth:

babytrees
12-14-2005, 10:38 PM
I'll come and wrap!! I love to wrap....I usually get lots of small presents for this reason....more to wrap....I think it may be a sickness!! :earboy2:

Brendita
12-14-2005, 10:39 PM
:grouphug: :love: to all the sicky 1's.
Thanks everyone for my congrats.
I hear by declare all we need for Christmas is for everyone to get better.
No more sick little ones or anybody else.
:wizard:

julia & nicks mom
12-14-2005, 10:40 PM

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

bengalbelle
12-14-2005, 10:41 PM
Thanks everyone. After I posted it here I had a good cry. Now if I could only get rid of this sick feeling in my stomach. My father died unexpectedly 2 years ago last Monday, and my brother died unexpectedly 1 year ago next Monday. December really makes my family nervous. Silly, I know...but it does :(. That just added to my fear from today.

I am so thankful to the woman who was paying attention. So many people fly through the parking lots and she had to be aware of him before he darted out to have stopped so fast. I was in such a state that I didn't even wave at her or thank her. Hopefully she realized I was just freaked out. When I called DH to tell him about it he informed me that DS "ran out" yesterday when he picked him up from school (DS stays late 2 days a week, and DH picks him up during evening rush hour. The school is between to very busy streets). I was too afraid to ask what "ran out" meant. Maybe I'll ask him tomorrow.

If this had happened earlier, I would have pointed out the little girl in the harness and leash and told him that's what was going to happen if he EVER did anything like that again. Even if he's 10!!!!! :rotfl: There is ONE thing I know he understands, and that is embarrassment. And don't think for a minute I wouldn't follow through with that threat to make my point!! :rotfl:

Brendita
12-14-2005, 10:42 PM

OMG Marti,
That is laugh my *** off to funny.
My face is turning red I'm laughing so hard.

bengalbelle
12-14-2005, 10:44 PM

That is hilarious!

tinknme
12-14-2005, 10:50 PM
:rotfl2:

julia & nicks mom
12-14-2005, 10:50 PM
I'll come and wrap!! I love to wrap....I usually get lots of small presents for this reason....more to wrap....I think it may be a sickness!! :earboy2:

I love to wrap too!!! I hate gift bags - I think it is the wimp's way out (my apologies to anyone who uses gift bags!!)

My MIL only uses gift bags and I hate it - I love to rip open gifts - that is half the fun!!!!!!

Marti - drinking and wrapping - now that might now be a bad idea!! I might be less of a perfectionist with a few drinks in me!!

BTW - did you know that sendind a PM to Marti doesn't get to you :confused3 why can't they figure out who I mean? :rotfl:

tinker1bell
12-14-2005, 10:55 PM

OMG :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Steamboat Marti
12-14-2005, 10:55 PM
I love to wrap too!!! I hate gift bags - I think it is the wimp's way out (my apologies to anyone who uses gift bags!!)

My MIL only uses gift bags and I hate it - I love to rip open gifts - that is half the fun!!!!!!

Marti - drinking and wrapping - now that might now be a bad idea!! I might be less of a perfectionist with a few drinks in me!!

BTW - did you know that sendind a PM to Marti doesn't get to you :confused3 why can't they figure out who I mean? :rotfl:

Is there any other Marti worth mentioning???? :confused3

Baloo
12-14-2005, 10:56 PM
Hey girls...that's right isn't it? There doesn't seem to be any testosterone around here lately! :earboy2:

I'm having a rough day. :sad2: Funny y'all were talking about old people.My mother lives with us,she'll be 84 in Jan...she was 40 when she had me.Anyway she has Alzheimers.She can still dress herself and go to the bathroom herself,make toast and warm coffee in the microwave and that's about it.:( Some days are more than I can handle and today was one.I think Joe being gone made me feel even worse.He eases some of the tension and pain for me.She drives me nuts most of the time.The woman who was my Mom is gone.When she talks about stuff it's from when she was a kid until about when she was in college..it's like me and my childhood never existed...it's so frustrating.I'm not sure she knows who Erich is all the time anymore either.One night last week she had a picture and asked Erich to find Aunt Tis (her nickname)...Erich said You're my GRANDMA not my Aunt. :guilty: I know I need to find myself a support group here in town but I never think of it until I've settled down after some incident.Her Dr. told me I needed to take care of myself,because Alzheimer care givers go through so much, that they suffer so much stress from the sitiutaion,the Alzheimer person doesn't because they haven't a clue.siiiiiiiiigh Thanks for letting me b*itch!

Now on to fun stuff!

Brendita..Congrats on the raise and bonus! :cool1:

Tammi...your shirts look great! Like the little Mickeys scattered around!

Kate...cool beans a bonus in your house too! :Pinkbounc I hate taxes on bonuses and prize money.I don't think "extra" stuff should be taxed.10% tax across the board for EVERYONE IMHO! :smooth:
Can't wait to see Julia in her Belle dress! Make sure you get Nick on video.I have a couple of Erich talking that crack us up still! :rotfl:

I LOVE your MM wreath! ::MickeyMo

MinnieMouseMom...I love your Christmas card!!! :teeth:

bengalbelle..I'm with Rosiejo I want to see the picture Kate fixed up too!
OMG I just read about you DS!! :earseek: TG he's okay.I'd keep him in hand from now on.You said he shrugged it off...it might be too late ,I'm not sure he'd understand but I believe I'd punish him,meaning take away something he likes for a day or two.When he keeps asking why tell him it's because he was doing somthing he wasn't suppose to do. :grouphug: for you Mom!

Rosiejo...I love reading your posts...my two are only stealing baubles I picture your tree dripping with diamonds!!! :teeth:

Glynis..OUCH!! Glad your feeling better...Ummm one of my favorite bible quotes seems apprpriate here...This too shall pass! :earboy2:

Marti...good to see you back! I missed you too! :flower: What the heck is Santa drinking...and can he pass some to me.I could use a little nip about now!

VICTORIAS SECRET!!!! :rotfl2:

tinknme and Glynis...a Mom at Erich's school just told about box cake cookies last week.She told me chocolate taste really great,that you follow the box directions but leave out the water.She said sometimes she'll roll them in powdered sugar before putting them on the pan.I'm going to try these this weekeend for Erich's Christmas party on Mon because they sound sooooo easy!

mommykds...good luck with your girly party! Sounds like fun!!

tinker1bell and Steffy....awww how great! I actually have an ornament to send you that I made ,I'm so behind this year :rolleyes: ....you'll probably get to use it next year Steffy! :blush:

DDAers...y'all ROCK! :cool1:

Deb...thanks for pointing out the sugar cookie doug!! :rotfl: You're boys look so handsome...love the ::MickeyMo tie!

Kate and Marti...that scares me you 2 drinking then RAPPING!!! :smooth: :teeth: :teeth:

I'm pretty tired again tonight!

Night y'all! :wave:

julia & nicks mom
12-14-2005, 11:02 PM
Hey girls...that's right isn't it? There doesn't seem to be any testosterone around here lately! :earboy2:

I'm having a rough day. :sad2: Funny y'all were talking about old people.My mother lives with us,she'll be 84 in Jan...she was 40 when she had me.Anyway she has Alzheimers.She can still dress herself and go to the bathroom herself,make toast and warm coffee in the microwave and that's about it.:( Some days are more than I can handle and today was one.I think Joe being gone made me feel even worse.He eases some of the tension and pain for me.She drives me nuts most of the time.The woman who was my Mom is gone.When she talks about stuff it's from when she was a kid until about when she was in college..it's like me and my childhood never existed...it's so frustrating.I'm not sure she knows who Erich is all the time anymore either.One night last week she had a picture and asked Erich to find Aunt Tis (her nickname)...Erich said You're my GRANDMA not my Aunt. :guilty: I know I need to find myself a support group here in town but I never think of it until I've settled down after some incident.Her Dr. told me I needed to take care of myself,because Alzheimer care givers go through so much, that they suffer so much stress from the sitiutaion,the Alzheimer person doesn't because they haven't a clue.siiiiiiiiigh Thanks for letting me b*itch!

You need

:grouphug: and :drinking1

what you really need is a girls weekend!! if you need it soon - head to Cincinnati anytime!! :wave:

or if you can wait - head to DC in July - you really need to come hang with us!!!

dumby
12-14-2005, 11:03 PM
Baloo - So sorry about your dear mom. I know that has got to be soo very hard to deal with. You must be a wonderful person for taking care of her like you do. Here is a :grouphug: and hoping you get some stress relief.

julia & nicks mom
12-14-2005, 11:05 PM
this is the current dark transfer paper order - I will PM you all payment details

last call for anyone else!!

dumby 25
triplefigs 25
tmlfrank 25
bengalbelle 10
marti 20

Steamboat Marti
12-14-2005, 11:07 PM
Hey Baloo - come down and spend some time with us in DC - we really need a moderator!! There's no telling what we'll get into!!!

Steamboat Marti
12-14-2005, 11:08 PM
I must be tired tonight... these are striking me as funny!!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/Steamboat123/image002.jpg

Steamboat Marti
12-14-2005, 11:09 PM
Yet another one...

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/Steamboat123/unknown.jpg

Steamboat Marti
12-14-2005, 11:10 PM
OK OK OK Last one, I promise....

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/Steamboat123/unknown2.jpg

dumby
12-14-2005, 11:12 PM

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

julia & nicks mom
12-14-2005, 11:15 PM
Yet another one...

:rotfl:

I like the elf one too!

julia & nicks mom
12-14-2005, 11:16 PM
Marti - are going incognito again?

do you want your DIS names on the second design - okay let me rephrase

do you actually want Skunka Hunka written on it?

Steamboat Marti
12-14-2005, 11:22 PM
Marti - are going incognito again?

do you want your DIS names on the second design - okay let me rephrase

do you actually want Skunka Hunka written on it?

Yeah - be as crazy as you want!! And did I forget to turn off invisible?

bengalbelle
12-14-2005, 11:23 PM

OMG I just read about you DS!! :earseek: TG he's okay.I'd keep him in hand from now on.You said he shrugged it off...it might be too late ,I'm not sure he'd understand but I believe I'd punish him,meaning take away something he likes for a day or two.When he keeps asking why tell him it's because he was doing somthing he wasn't suppose to do. :grouphug: for you Mom!

Baloo, my father had Alzheimers and I'm sending you :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: and prayers for patience. My mom took care of my dad by herself (and he had more health problems than the Alzheimers) but he would drive her crazy. I know that sounds harsh, but until you live through it... I know my mom kept telling herself that he couldn't help it but I don't think that's enough sometimes. She was also taking care of my brother who was paralyzed in a motorcycle accident, so she felt like she had no time to take care of herself or to go to a support group. I would encourage you to run, don't walk, to the support group so you can be with other people who know exactly what you're going through.
On the flip side of that, and this may sound strange, we have some memories that we treasure of him doing funny things related to Alzheimers. Before he got sick he had a wicked sense of humor, so it kind of made us feel like we had the old him back for a while. Maybe those were just lucid moments when he was actually being himself. My mom's neighbor is an RN who was an administrator of a nursing home and she told my mom she should write a book of the stories of my Dad and his antics along with all of the struggles they faced. She thought it would help other people going through it.

Re: DS - we are going to take something away but we're not sure what yet. He begged us to stay at Extended Care so he could spend more time with his friends. We don't need him to stay so we're thinking that's what we'll take. It's probably the one thing that will really matter to him. He was volunteering toys and such so I don't think that would be meaningful. I really don't understand his behavior. It's out of character for him.

julia & nicks mom
12-14-2005, 11:27 PM
EBAY TRANSFER UPDATE:

I just went on her site and realized that if we are each getting 25 - it is better to order straight from her -

when I mailed 25 flat priority was the cheapest - so I would need $1 sheet plus $3.85 shipping to get it -

http://cgi.ebay.com/Heat-Transfer-Paper-Dark-Colors-25-Pack_W0QQitemZ3830975816QQcategoryZ3305QQtcZphotoQ QcmdZViewItem

then use this discount code for 10% off

C11-GIFTGUIDE

and your price comes to

26.54 - less than if we ordered together!!! and you should get your paper quicker than if I do the order!!

dawn - this is the link for 10 -

http://cgi.ebay.com/HEAT-TRANSFER-PAPER-DARK-COLORS-10-SHEETS-IRON-ON_W0QQitemZ7572669609QQcategoryZ26253QQtcZphotoQQ cmdZViewItem

Steamboat Marti
12-14-2005, 11:33 PM
So, in otherwords, the Queen of the wise is saving us money?? But we're all on our own, right??

julia & nicks mom
12-14-2005, 11:34 PM
So, in otherwords, the Queen of the wise is saving us money?? But we're all on our own, right??

as long as everyone is okay with that - who isn't okay with saving money?!?!? :confused3

I am thinking about getting the 7.5 x 9 ones for my kids - I have to use a whole sheet for them and they don't need a big one - hmmm

decisions decisions!!

Steamboat Marti
12-14-2005, 11:54 PM
as long as everyone is okay with that - who isn't okay with saving money?!?!? :confused3

I am thinking about getting the 7.5 x 9 ones for my kids - I have to use a whole sheet for them and they don't need a big one - hmmm

decisions decisions!!

Saving money sounds good to me. Has anybody ever tried to contact the company that produces the paper directly and find out if they sell it retail? I don't have the paper or I would try to do it. It seems like if we eliminate the ebay lady we may be able to save more $.

Gotta get some sleep.
Later!

julia & nicks mom
12-14-2005, 11:57 PM
Saving money sounds good to me. Has anybody ever tried to contact the company that produces the paper directly and find out if they sell it retail? I don't have the paper or I would try to do it. It seems like if we eliminate the ebay lady we may be able to save more $.

Gotta get some sleep.
Later!

The paper comes in plastic bags from her and has her contact info on direct buying - her prices are the same - I have tried to find the paper outside of ebay without any luck

I may be so tired that I just think this is funny -
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/kfeldmann/skunka.jpg

dumby
12-14-2005, 11:57 PM
EBAY TRANSFER UPDATE:

I just went on her site and realized that if we are each getting 25 - it is better to order straight from her -

when I mailed 25 flat priority was the cheapest - so I would need $1 sheet plus $3.85 shipping to get it -

http://cgi.ebay.com/Heat-Transfer-Paper-Dark-Colors-25-Pack_W0QQitemZ3830975816QQcategoryZ3305QQtcZphotoQ QcmdZViewItem

C11-GIFTGUIDE

and your price comes to

26.54 - less than if we ordered together!!! and you should get your paper quicker than if I do the order!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/HEAT-TRANSFER-PAPER-DARK-COLORS-10-SHEETS-IRON-ON_W0QQitemZ7572669609QQcategoryZ26253QQtcZphotoQQ cmdZViewItem

Kate where do you put in the code of 10% savings? When you are paying with paypal?

dumby
12-14-2005, 11:59 PM
The paper comes in plastic bags from her and has her contact info on direct buying - her prices are the same - I have tried to find the paper outside of ebay without any luck

:rotfl: I think this says it all. :rotfl:

julia & nicks mom
12-15-2005, 12:02 AM
Kate where do you put in the code of 10% savings? When you are paying with paypal?

yep!!

they ask if you have codes at paypal and you enter that in

Eeyorecln
12-15-2005, 12:34 AM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/kfeldmann/Ephram.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/kfeldmann/caleb.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/kfeldmann/blake.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/kfeldmann/Zachary.jpg
They're great. :cloud9: Thank you so much. You are so talented. I really appreciate it. My oldest saw them and he loved them also.

Eeyorecln
12-15-2005, 12:49 AM
This is actually kidney stone number 5 for me in 9 years. I've been told it's genetic, and I guess that's the case, since my mother, and her mother, and her mother all had them. It's not fun, but I passed at least part of the stone today, so I'm feeling a lot better.

Thanks for thinking of me.
I hope you feel better soon. :wizard: My DH's dad has problems with kidney stones. He had to have his broken up. They are a hard thing to have.

rosiejo
12-15-2005, 01:06 AM
You just need to find a friend in Orlando! :) A friend of mine on another list has become good friends with another woman on the list who lives in Orlando. She has her Disney Store and other US site purchases to her friend's house. When she comes to WDW from England she brings a few boxes of donations she's collected for Give Kids the World (the resort where Make a Wish families stay - REALLY neat place!) and then fills those boxes with her previous shipments. Her husband has just taken to rolling his eyes and learning to accept the craziness. :flower:

That's a lovely gesture.

Only trouble if I did that is we may not be back for a few years yet so I'd have to pay for storage :rotfl:

rosiejo
12-15-2005, 01:19 AM
Clare - glad to see you back and posting. Did you head back to work this week? :confused3 Doesn't it seem unreal to actually refer to him as DH now? We have been married 18 years and sometimes that seems unreal.

Hi - it's my second week back at work and it is very strange calling him my DH - and trying to get a handle on my new name! I haven't worked out my signature yet and every time I go to sign something I have to stop and think about it!

We got our marriage licence through the post last week so now I have to start changing the official stuff - passports/drivers licence/credit cards
... that's a job I'm not looking forward to!

Everyone keeps asking me if it feels different to be married... but I really can't say it does! Except that we have some wonderful memories and some fantastic photos - and another trip to Disney under our belts :earsboy:

Got to start planning our at home reception now - its on January 28 so I need to sort out a DJ and a cake... more planning!

:goodvibes

rosiejo
12-15-2005, 01:21 AM
Good evening everyone.

I just wanted to send you some :grouphug: I'm glad he's safe.

Eeyorecln
12-15-2005, 01:23 AM
I LOVE that show! It is sooo good. When are you going? I think that Terra and I are going to brave the crowds Christmas weekend to at least sneak in an early morning or two to hit Fantasyland and a night to hit the parades and fireworks. It just SO wouldn't be the same to watch from the courtyard between the parks.
We're going to be there Sat. evening thru the 23. DH wanted to be back by Christmas eve. My DH didn't understand why I wanted us to stake out a spot at the hub until after we saw it and then he was :earseek: . All of us loved it so much.

rosiejo
12-15-2005, 01:26 AM
oops duplicate post!

Eeyorecln
12-15-2005, 01:33 AM

I have used the Pillsbury Peanut butter to make peanut blossums(the cookies with Hershey Kisses in the middle) when strapped for time. As long as my kids don't notice. :rolleyes1

rosiejo
12-15-2005, 01:36 AM
Rosiejo...I love reading your posts...my two are only stealing baubles I picture your tree dripping with diamonds!!! :teeth:

Diamonds I wish! :goodvibes Ok so give me an "american" lesson... what do you guys call the round things that hang on your trees?? :goodvibes :teacher:

rosiejo
12-15-2005, 01:37 AM
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Yet another one...

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

rosiejo
12-15-2005, 01:39 AM

Love it!

Eeyorecln
12-15-2005, 01:46 AM
Good evening everyone.

Sending PD to calm your nerves. :grouphug: I can only imagine how scared you must have felt. I'm sorry I can't offer any advice, I have the same problem with 1 of my sons. Doesn't comprehend how dangerous things can get. Hopefully, someoneelse can help.

Eeyorecln
12-15-2005, 01:59 AM

I agree a support group can help. Also, just venting helps a lot. Hope tomorrow is a better day. :sunny:

Pooh67_68
12-15-2005, 05:27 AM
:grouphug: :grouphug:

marcij
12-15-2005, 07:11 AM
Deb -- hope your dad is continuing to improve. The picture of your boys was adorable. Jake's play is this morning -- he wore the bear costume yesterday and said everyone loved it.

Baloo -- definitely check in to the support group. It really helps to have people to talk to who are living what you are going through. They may have helpful ideas, as well as being a good outlet for your frustrations.

Now for a question off topic :rolleyes: For you who have made your shirts, how did you decide where to position the transfer? We did manage to print out several transfers last night, and hope to get them ironed on tonight before we leave for Disney tomorrow. Any last minute advice before we iron?

Hope you all have a great day!

cocowum
12-15-2005, 07:13 AM
Okay, I'm back from a great trip!! I was gone less than a week and there are 150 new pages. :faint: I'll never catch up. :earseek: Can someone give me the condensed version??? Please. :wave2:

BTW I'd like to say thanks to MidNite, our shirts were a huge hit! Thanks for the awesome designs :flower:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/cocowum/alandjen.jpg

my3princes
12-15-2005, 07:30 AM

I think Victoria's "Secret" is that she never had kids, and if she did she certainly didn't breastfeed. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Great picture.

Deb

my3princes
12-15-2005, 07:46 AM

Now on to fun stuff!

Kate...cool beans a bonus in your house too! :Pinkbounc I hate taxes on bonuses and prize money.I don't think "extra" stuff should be taxed.10% tax across the board for EVERYONE IMHO! :smooth:
Can't wait to see Julia in her Belle dress! Make sure you get Nick on video.I have a couple of Erich talking that crack us up still! :rotfl:

Glynis..OUCH!! Glad your feeling better...Ummm one of my favorite bible quotes seems apprpriate here...This too shall pass! :earboy2:

Marti...good to see you back! I missed you too! :flower: What the heck is Santa drinking...and can he pass some to me.I could use a little nip about now!

tinknme and Glynis...a Mom at Erich's school just told about box cake cookies last week.She told me chocolate taste really great,that you follow the box directions but leave out the water.She said sometimes she'll roll them in powdered sugar before putting them on the pan.I'm going to try these this weekeend for Erich's Christmas party on Mon because they sound sooooo easy!

tinker1bell and Steffy....awww how great! I actually have an ornament to send you that I made ,I'm so behind this year :rolleyes: ....you'll probably get to use it next year Steffy! :blush:

Deb...thanks for pointing out the sugar cookie doug!! :rotfl: You're boys look so handsome...love the ::MickeyMo tie!

Kate and Marti...that scares me you 2 drinking then RAPPING!!! :smooth: :teeth: :teeth:

Baloo, I can sympathize with you. I took care of my DGrandmother for the last 18 months of her life. She had Parkinson's Disease, diabetes, a touch of dementia and a list of other ailments a mile long. She had real mobility issues due to the Parkinsons and did not always make it to the bathroom in time. She had to wear depends all the time and couldn't understand why we had to change them if she only wet them a little. They are fairly expensive so she wanted to save money. I tried to explain that it was gross and that she would smell if she did that, but she was old and it didn't matter. I had to control her sweets due to the diabetes. The dementia would have her seeing bugs. It was tough, but I know in my heart that she appreciated it and that I did the right thing. My kids got the chance to know their great grandma and they still talk about her and how much they miss her. My mom lives 10 minutes from here so she was great about helping out and she would come down while I worked. I actually ended up getting done as it took more time than I had with a full time job. Keep your chin up and find some respite help. You need time to get away. The visiting Nurses can be a godsend. Also organizations may be able to send patient sitters that are volunteers to come in an sit with her. Someone closer to her age may be able to relate to her childhood memories. PM me if you'd like to talk.

Deb

my3princes
12-15-2005, 07:48 AM

I just go up and I think they're funny too.

Deb

my3princes
12-15-2005, 07:57 AM
Diamonds I wish! :goodvibes Ok so give me an "american" lesson... what do you guys call the round things that hang on your trees?? :goodvibes :teacher:

Your baubbles are our ornaments. :rotfl:

Deb

PNO4TE
12-15-2005, 08:02 AM
Just glad that we've been able to able to make you smile. Let the healing begin!!

Beautifully said, Marti!

PNO4TE
12-15-2005, 08:04 AM

Welcome back, Theresa!

Our last concert of the season was tonight....oldest daughter in band and jazz band....only flute in both...had a solo....made me cry :goodvibes

YAY!! MORE musicians! :charac2:

tmfranlk
12-15-2005, 08:05 AM

Deb

Such handsome boys! Thanks for sharing, Deb.

my3princes
12-15-2005, 08:05 AM
Deb -- hope your dad is continuing to improve. The picture of your boys was adorable. Jake's play is this morning -- he wore the bear costume yesterday and said everyone loved it.

Baloo -- definitely check in to the support group. It really helps to have people to talk to who are living what you are going through. They may have helpful ideas, as well as being a good outlet for your frustrations.

Now for a question off topic :rolleyes: For you who have made your shirts, how did you decide where to position the transfer? We did manage to print out several transfers last night, and hope to get them ironed on tonight before we leave for Disney tomorrow. Any last minute advice before we iron?

I just tried to center them (eyeballed it) and on adult shirts I started about 2 1/2 to 3'' below the collar. I can't believe your trying to do shirts today. I hope that Jake's play goes well and that you have a wonderful trip. I'm so jealous.

Deb

tmfranlk
12-15-2005, 08:07 AM
Good evening everyone.

:grouphug: :grouphug: How scary! I can't even image how that must have felt. The only advice I have is to tell him how scared you were. Maybe he'll be concerned about making you sad and afraid even if isn't worried about himself. :grouphug: :grouphug:

my3princes
12-15-2005, 08:08 AM
I've heard lots of complaints about weather, but I had to share. I woke up to sunny skies here in Vermont this morning. We have a balmy -10 degrees here. The kids won't even be able to go out to recess it's so cold. Expecting a huge snowstorm tomorrow. Hopefully it will warm things up a bit. I love the snow, but can live with temps in the positive numbers.
:cold:

Deb

PNO4TE
12-15-2005, 08:15 AM
Thanks everyone. After I posted it here I had a good cry. Now if I could only get rid of this sick feeling in my stomach. My father died unexpectedly 2 years ago last Monday, and my brother died unexpectedly 1 year ago next Monday. December really makes my family nervous. Silly, I know...but it does :(. That just added to my fear from today.

:sad1:

my3princes
12-15-2005, 08:17 AM
banglebelle,

I think that most of us have experienced the kids breaking free and they never seem to grasp how dangerous it is. The good news is that they will eventually mature enough to understand the "rules". The bad news is that you now know that you need to hold his hand a bit longer. When my kids pull a stupid stunt like that I just tell myself that they will be all grown up to soon. It just proves that they still need their Mommy. This may seem a little nieve, but it somehow helps me deal.

I remember when my oldest was about 3 years old. We were at my brother's house. Nick climbed up on his coffee table and ran across it. My brother yelled at him and he looked at db and calmy replied "I didn't know the rules". We still laugh about it now. This is certainly not the same situation and he wasn't in danger, yet it still shows how kids perceptions are different than ours.

Deb

tmfranlk
12-15-2005, 08:17 AM
I did read that -

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/kfeldmann/44693zoom.jpg

That is so cute! Did she make it or buy it in WDW? I used to do all of my mom's shopping just to make her life easier (grocery store worker during the holidays). I loved it because I like to buy presents, but didn't have much money to go all out on my own.

PNO4TE
12-15-2005, 08:18 AM

Oh, Baloo... :sad1: :grouphug: :sad1:

tmfranlk
12-15-2005, 08:19 AM

Me too!! DH can't figure out why I insist on wrapping every item separately instead of bunching the dvds altogether or putting things in a big box.

Tammi67
12-15-2005, 08:26 AM

Deb
What handsome young men you have, Deb.

Tammi67
12-15-2005, 08:26 AM

Mine will be coming after our trip!

Tammi67
12-15-2005, 08:27 AM
i feel like i havent posted in forever!!! Things have been a bit crazy with finals and everything..i have 4 more finals and ill be done Tuesday afternoon--then im hoping i can post more!!
Good luck on all of your exams!

Steamboat Marti
12-15-2005, 08:28 AM

NOW That's my idea of a shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it and can't wait to show it to Stinky, I mean Skunka!!

tmfranlk
12-15-2005, 08:29 AM

:grouphug: :wizard: , Baloo! Your mom is so lucky to have a loving daughter and family who will take care of her.

Tammi67
12-15-2005, 08:30 AM
Tammi - great shirts. I absolutely love the vibrance of the purple on your shirt. Just great. I am envious of all of your Mickey heads. I had planned to add extras, but after 7 shirts, I felt everyone was lucky to get 2 on their shirt. Is Alyssa feeling better?

Thank you. If I had that many to do I would have thought the same thing. Yes, she is, however Nicholas is starting with a cold. Thanks for asking.

tmfranlk
12-15-2005, 08:36 AM
We're going to be there Sat. evening thru the 23. DH wanted to be back by Christmas eve. My DH didn't understand why I wanted us to stake out a spot at the hub until after we saw it and then he was :earseek: . All of us loved it so much.

Are you going to the fireworks on the 23rd? I'm not sure if we're going then or Saturday night. I was surprised that the park closes early on Christmas Eve - 9 at DL and 7 at DCA.

Tammi67
12-15-2005, 08:36 AM
Good evening everyone.

How scary that must have been for you. Don't blame yourself. We have all done things that we look back in hindsight saying "how could I have been so careless?" It doesn't make us bad mothers, it only means we are not perfect. Be thankful that an angel was watching over you both.

The way I put it to my son is, and please don't think badly of me, is that I tell him his head is like an egg. If his head gets hit or he falls on it, it will crack open and his brain will fall out. Sometimes kids that young really need a visual to understand danger.

Tammi67
12-15-2005, 08:38 AM

Theresa
Welcome home!

tmfranlk
12-15-2005, 08:40 AM
I've heard lots of complaints about weather, but I had to share. I woke up to sunny skies here in Vermont this morning. We have a balmy -10 degrees here. The kids won't even be able to go out to recess it's so cold. Expecting a huge snowstorm tomorrow. Hopefully it will warm things up a bit. I love the snow, but can live with temps in the positive numbers.
:cold:

Deb

Yuck!! It was single digits with negative windchills when I left for work yesterday. My timing was off so I had to walk 15+ minutes to the train instead of catching the bus. My legs were frozen by the time I got on the train. Luckily, it was pulling in as I arrived because the station is outdoors, on the ocean and just damn cold.

Tammi67
12-15-2005, 08:56 AM

:grouphug: to you. I know some of how you feel. My grandma, who just died in July, had Alzheimer's. She was 90. She could no longer care for herself and my mom and aunt had to put her in a nursing home. It was the hardest thing they ever had to do. Taking care of her would have killed them. My mom would say the same thing..."this is no longer my mother." Please do try to find some support. Maybe you will feel better once DH gets home.

MidNite
12-15-2005, 09:00 AM
Okay, I'm back from a great trip!! I was gone less than a week and there are 150 new pages. :faint: I'll never catch up. :earseek: Can someone give me the condensed version??? Please. :wave2:

BTW I'd like to say thanks to MidNite, our shirts were a huge hit! Thanks for the awesome designs :flower:

Too cool!!! You're so very welcome!

Tammi67
12-15-2005, 09:00 AM
I love it! :rotfl2:

MinnieMouseMom
12-15-2005, 09:03 AM

This is great!!

Tammi67
12-15-2005, 09:04 AM
Bulbs, or ornaments.

Tammi67
12-15-2005, 09:05 AM

I just eyeballed it, center, about 4 inches down from neck.

tmfranlk
12-15-2005, 09:08 AM

That is great!! I love it!

Tammi67
12-15-2005, 09:09 AM
Denise - you doin' okay?

julia & nicks mom
12-15-2005, 09:17 AM
Denise - you doin' okay?

I pm'ed her last night -

I hope everything is okay - she was online at 6:30 last night but hasn't posted since Tuesday night -

hopefully she is just busy getting ready for the holidays - I would imagine with her crew - she has a ton going on!!!

julia & nicks mom
12-15-2005, 09:22 AM
look at this CUTE mickey vase and flower arrangement from hallmark.com

http://www.hallmark.com/wcsstore/HallmarkStore/images/products/flowers/bsplymickey_flower_xl.jpg

the code friends20 gets you 20% off if you have anyone Disney obsessed you need a gift for!

Tammi67
12-15-2005, 09:30 AM
I pm'ed her last night -

I hope everything is okay - she was online at 6:30 last night but hasn't posted since Tuesday night -

hopefully she is just busy getting ready for the holidays - I would imagine with her crew - she has a ton going on!!!
You are probably right!

lovespoohbear
12-15-2005, 09:40 AM

Now on to fun stuff!

know what your going through. my grandmother has alzheimers too. this past thanksgiving it just wasnt her she looked so confused. such a sad disease.

KMH1
12-15-2005, 09:57 AM
Re: DS - we are going to take something away but we're not sure what yet. He begged us to stay at Extended Care so he could spend more time with his friends. We don't need him to stay so we're thinking that's what we'll take. It's probably the one thing that will really matter to him. He was volunteering toys and such so I don't think that would be meaningful. I really don't understand his behavior. It's out of character for him.

Dawn, your PM box is full! You're so popular! :teeth:

Pooh67_68
12-15-2005, 10:00 AM

http://www.hallmark.com/wcsstore/HallmarkStore/images/products/flowers/bsplymickey_flower_xl.jpg

the code friends20 gets you 20% off if you have anyone Disney obsessed you need a gift for!

I love it and want one. :teeth:

MinnieMouseMom
12-15-2005, 10:04 AM

So who needs my address? :teeth:

dumby
12-15-2005, 10:10 AM

Yeah just PM me and I will get you my address also. LOL

This is really pretty.

bengalbelle
12-15-2005, 10:13 AM
Dawn, your PM box is full! You're so popular! :teeth:

I cleaned it out.

bengalbelle
12-15-2005, 10:15 AM
I pm'ed her last night -

I was wondering about her too. Doesn't she work and have choir on Wednesdays? She's probably pooped.

my3princes
12-15-2005, 10:17 AM
Here's a design inspired by my Nephew who is so afraid of Santa that he actually trembles if Santa gets too close.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/63925Santa_Poem1.jpg

Deb

bengalbelle
12-15-2005, 10:18 AM
I think Victoria's "Secret" is that she never had kids, and if she did she certainly didn't breastfeed. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Great picture.

Deb
:rotfl:

tmfranlk
12-15-2005, 10:18 AM
Here's a design inspired by my Nephew who is so afraid of Santa that he actually trembles if Santa gets too close.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/63925Santa_Poem.jpg

Deb

Very cute!

bengalbelle
12-15-2005, 10:27 AM

I'm glad you had a wonderful trip! Who is in the picture? She's beautiful!

How far back do you need to catch up on?
ETA: Nevermind I see you said less than a week.
Deb's father continues to improve :goodvibes .
Lot's of sick DDA Kiddo's :(
Amy and Poohangel are expecting :banana:
Kate offered to pay for Amy and Poohangel's babies admission to WDW until they turn 3.
There has actually been some T-shirt talk.
A few DDA children have given us heart stopping moments
Dumby met a lady with monkey's in her bra :confused3
Some of us lost our reputations in a virtual alcohol posting frenzy :rolleyes1

I have to leave for a few hours but I'll continue when I get back if no one else does.

Tammi67
12-15-2005, 10:40 AM

Deb
My DD needs that one!

dumby
12-15-2005, 10:51 AM

Deb

That is so sweet.

Tinkaroo
12-15-2005, 10:59 AM

Baloo, her Dr. is so right. There is nothing more important than caring for yourself in this situation. My grandmother had dimensia (she couldn't talk, etc. - supposedly a lesser Alzheimer's, but to us, it seemed worse!), and she did live with us for a while. I was in high school, but my brother was only in elementary school. It was SO HARD for my mom - she was also an only child, and shouldering that burden completely alone. I've never been through a more stressful period with her. You also need to learn that someday, you might have to come to terms with the fact that you can't do it all, and have your mom moved to a facility. I know it sounds awful putting it in print, and my mom dealt with huge guilt about it, but I think it ultimately ended up being the best thing. Facilities specifically for Alzheimer's patients I think are some of the best out there - I've had several relatives in them (it seems to run in my family - YIKES), and I've always been impressed with their care.

Many :grouphug: to you, and you'll be in my prayers.

julia & nicks mom
12-15-2005, 11:07 AM

Deb

That is very cute

Julia was so scared of Santa last year that when I told her if she didn't go see him - how would he know what she wanted that she told me she didn't any presents from Santa -

she could not bear the thought that Santa might actually come to our house and begged me not to let him in -

we finally decided it would be okay if Mrs. Clause brought the presents and wrote Santa a letter to see if that would Mrs. Clause would do that

but then people would ask Julia - are you excited for Christmas - is Santa coming to your house and she would look at them and say NOPE

Tammi67
12-15-2005, 11:15 AM
That is very cute

Julia was so scared of Santa last year that when I told her if she didn't go see him - how would he know what she wanted that she told me she didn't any presents from Santa -

Alyssa is the same way. She sat on his lap once, now she won't have anything to do with him. When we went to our party last weekend, I asked her the same thing: how will Santa know what you want? She looked at her brother and said "Nicholas, will you tell him for me?"

It's not looking too promising for Mickey and friends either. I keep asking her if she will give him and hug and her response is a definite NO. Now, the princesses or those without costumes, that might be different.

Tammi67
12-15-2005, 11:34 AM
Just got this email. I think it is worth passing on, even though it's kinda long.

I BELIEVE IN SANTA CLAUS

I remember my first Christmas adventure with Grandma. I was just a kid.
I remember tearing across town on my bike to visit her on the way my big
sister dropped the bomb: "There is no Santa Claus," she
jeered. "Even dummies know that!"

My Grandma was not the gushy kind, never had been. I fled to her that day
because I knew she would be straight with me. I knew Grandma always told
the truth, and I knew that the truth always went down a
whole lot easier when swallowed with one of her "world-famous" cinnamon
buns. I knew they were world-famous, because Grandma said so. It had to
be true.

Grandma was home, and the buns were still warm. Between bites, I told her
everything. She was ready for me. "No Santa Claus?" she
snorted...."Ridiculous! Don't believe it. That rumor has been going
around for years, and it makes me mad, plain mad!! Now, put on your coat,
and let's go."

"Go? Go where, Grandma?" I asked. I hadn't even finished my second
world-famous cinnamon bun.

"Where" turned out to be Kerby's General Store, the one store in town
that had a little bit of just about everything. As we walked through its
doors, Grandma handed me ten dollars.

That was a bundle in those days. "Take this money," she said, "and buy
something for someone who needs it. I'll wait for you in the car." Then
she turned and walked out of Kerby's.

I was only eight years old. I'd often gone shopping with my mother,
but never had I shopped for anything all by myself.

The store seemed big and crowded, full of people scrambling to finish
their Christmas shopping. For a few moments I just stood there, confused,
clutching that ten-dollar bill, wondering what to buy, and
who on earth to buy it for. I thought of everybody I knew: my family, my
friends, my neighbors, the kids at school, the people who went to my
church.

I was just about thought out, when I suddenly thought of Bobby Decker. He
was a kid with bad breath and messy hair, and he sat right behind me in
Mrs. Pollock's grade-two class.

Bobby Decker didn't have a coat. I knew that because he never went out to
recess during the winter. His mother always wrote a note, telling the
teacher that he had a cough, but all we kids knew that
Bobby Decker didn't have a cough; he didn't have a good coat. I fingered
the ten-dollar bill with growing excitement. I would buy Bobby Decker a
coat!

I settled on a red corduroy one that had a hood to it. It looked real
warm, and he would like that.

"Is this a Christmas present for someone?" the lady behind the counter
asked kindly, as I laid my ten dollars down.

"Yes, ma'am," I replied shyly. "It's for Bobby."

The nice lady smiled at me, as I told her about how Bobby really needed a
good winter coat. I didn't get any change, but she put the coat in a bag,
smiled again, and wished me a Merry Christmas.

That evening, Grandma helped me wrap the coat (a little tag fell out of
the coat, and Grandma tucked it in her Bible) in Christmas paper and
ribbons and wrote, "To Bobby, From Santa Claus" on it. Grandma
said that Santa always insisted on secrecy. Then she drove me over to
Bobby Decker's house, explaining as we went that I was now and forever
officially, one of Santa's helpers.

Grandma parked down the street from Bobby's house, and she and I crept
noiselessly and hid in the bushes by his front walk. Then Grandma gave me
a nudge. "All right, Santa Claus," she whispered, "get going."

I took a deep breath, dashed for his front door, threw the present down
on his step, pounded his door and flew back to the safety of the bushes
and Grandma.

Together we waited breathlessly in the darkness for the front door to
open. Finally it did, and there stood Bobby.

Fifty years haven't dimmed the thrill of those moments spent shivering,
beside my Grandma, in Bobby Decker's bushes.

That night, I realized that those awful rumors about Santa Claus were
just what Grandma said they were: ridiculous. Santa was alive and well,
and we were on his team. I still have the Bible, with the coat
tag tucked inside: $19.95.

May you always have LOVE to share, HEALTH to spare and FRIENDS that
care...

And may you always believe in the magic of Santa Claus!

PNO4TE
12-15-2005, 11:38 AM
Thank you. If I had that many to do I would have thought the same thing. Yes, she is, however Nicholas is starting with a cold. Thanks for asking.

Oh, no! Tammi - sending LOTS of :wizard: that you all get through this bug before tomorrow night!!

PNO4TE
12-15-2005, 11:40 AM
Too cool!!! You're so very welcome!

MidNite -- Your babies are BEAUTIFUL!

Tammi67
12-15-2005, 11:41 AM
Thank you. My hope is that it stays a cold. Generally it turns into croup. Might be taking the nebulizer with us. They told us he would grow out of this as his lungs matured. I wonder when that will be???

julia & nicks mom
12-15-2005, 11:42 AM
I just got a PM from Denise

BK is sick now and Denise is really sick - she said she might try to post but sounds like they are all wiped out!!!

Feel Better denise!! and BK!! :wizard: :grouphug:

babytrees
12-15-2005, 11:43 AM
We were in New Mexico for Thanksgiving and I asked Abi (9) if she wanted to go sit on Santa's lap...she said no he's not the real one and he's too skinny :rotfl:

I really looked at him then and they had a string bean with a pillow stomach as Santa.

I know that this is my last Christmas with Santa and she knows that those are Santa's helpers in the malls but please couldn't they have had a more realistic helper :rolleyes:

Abi is still a bit frightened of characters in the suits and out.....and we had to explain to her about the person in the suit at an early age because she would literally crawl up to the highest spot if she saw any thing closer than about 100 yards. SO I always am happy when I can convince her to even go close to santa. We'll see how she handles WDW next summer

PNO4TE
12-15-2005, 11:46 AM
Just got this email. I think it is worth passing on, even though it's kinda long.

I BELIEVE IN SANTA CLAUS

be true.

and let's go."

church.

coat!

and Grandma.

care...

OK, now I am crying! I DO believe in Santa so this came as no surprise to me! :goodvibes

PNO4TE
12-15-2005, 11:48 AM
Thank you. My hope is that it stays a cold. Generally it turns into croup. Might be taking the nebulizer with us. They told us he would grow out of this as his lungs matured. I wonder when that will be???

I had croup as a child. I remember walking to the YMCA and coughing, and swimming in the winter and being told I sounded like a foghorn. I am assuming that I was old enough to walk to the Y alone, so probably 10? Hope it is sooner for Nicholas!

PNO4TE
12-15-2005, 11:52 AM
I just got a PM from Denise

BK is sick now and Denise is really sick - she said she might try to post but sounds like they are all wiped out!!!

Feel Better denise!! and BK!! :wizard: :grouphug:

Thanks for letting us know, Kate...

Hope all the Triplefigs get better very soon :wizard: :grouphug: :wizard:

Steamboat Marti
12-15-2005, 11:54 AM

Deb

Deb - you really are creative -- and I love the poem. In the third line the word to -- I think it should be too. (but I could be wrong - English was not my subject!!). Is English anybody's subject so they could correct me if I'm wrong??

triplefigs
12-15-2005, 11:54 AM

OMG! That brought me to tears laughing!~

Steamboat Marti
12-15-2005, 11:55 AM
I'm glad you had a wonderful trip! Who is in the picture? She's beautiful!

How far back do you need to catch up on?
ETA: Nevermind I see you said less than a week.
Deb's father continues to improve :goodvibes .
Lot's of sick DDA Kiddo's :(
Amy and Poohangel are expecting :banana:
Kate offered to pay for Amy and Poohangel's babies admission to WDW until they turn 3.
There has actually been some T-shirt talk.
A few DDA children have given us heart stopping moments
Dumby met a lady with monkey's in her bra :confused3
Some of us lost our reputations in a virtual alcohol posting frenzy :rolleyes1

I have to leave for a few hours but I'll continue when I get back if no one else does.

I think you should continue -- you've got this summary idea nailed!!

triplefigs
12-15-2005, 11:56 AM
EBAY TRANSFER UPDATE:

C11-GIFTGUIDE

and your price comes to

Thanks, Kate. I just ordered.

Tammi67
12-15-2005, 11:57 AM
Hi Denise! We've missed you. Sorry everyone is getting sick. Healthy thoughts are coming your way.

KMH1
12-15-2005, 11:59 AM
Deb - you really are creative -- and I love the poem. In the third line the word to -- I think it should be too. (but I could be wrong - English was not my subject!!). Is English anybody's subject so they could correct me if I'm wrong??

Marti is absolutely right...it should be "too." You get a gold star Marti and that's a really cute poem Deb. :goodvibes

Steamboat Marti
12-15-2005, 12:00 PM

I BELIEVE IN SANTA CLAUS

be true.

and let's go."

church.

coat!

and Grandma.

care...

Since its the holidays - I have very little time right now. I decided to take the time to read the story. It was great!!! I think I'll do it in calligraphy so when Matt asks the inevitable question, I will be ready to handle it. Thanks for letting me believe for just a little longer.

triplefigs
12-15-2005, 12:03 PM
I pm'ed her last night -

Hi, everyone. No, unfortunately I am really, really sick and Brantley-Kate has been vomiting for 24 hours... I can barely catch my breath from coughing. I'm on antibiotics and a nebulizer, but it's not helping. Hopefully, we'll make it to the Christmas Party at school tomorrow.

Oh, and we had a huge ice storm in Atlanta last pm. Roads are ok, but we lost tons of limbs off trees. It will likely refreeze tonight. Fun- NOT!

triplefigs
12-15-2005, 12:04 PM
I was wondering about her too. Doesn't she work and have choir on Wednesdays? She's probably pooped.

I do teach on W and F. Choir is on 'break' until January- Yea!

KMH1
12-15-2005, 12:05 PM
OK - OK for the whole world to know; Kate sent me a PM asking if I was ok and that was BEFORE Amy posted about missing me. Sorry Amy, I can not tell a lie! Too bad this was over before it was started, I was popping some pop corn!!

It's okay Martha. We all know Kate's the most compassionate. :teeth:

I wonder how long I'd have to go without posting to receive a special PM from Kate? :rotfl:

Tammi67
12-15-2005, 12:05 PM
Hi, everyone. No, unfortunately I am really, really sick and Brantley-Kate has been vomiting for 24 hours... I can barely catch my breath from coughing. I'm on antibiotics and a nebulizer, but it's not helping. Hopefully, we'll make it to the Christmas Party at school tomorrow.

Oh, and we had a huge ice storm in Atlanta last pm. Roads are ok, but we lost tons of limbs off trees. It will likely refreeze tonight. Fun- NOT!
Prayers and PD for you all. We are getting that storm now. I am SO ready to get out of town.

Tammi67
12-15-2005, 12:06 PM
Hey Elin - I'm at work up north. What's the weather down our way?

KMH1
12-15-2005, 12:07 PM

Sending you a :grouphug: that your household is healthy soon!

Steamboat Marti
12-15-2005, 12:07 PM
Alyssa is the same way. She sat on his lap once, now she won't have anything to do with him. When we went to our party last weekend, I asked her the same thing: how will Santa know what you want? She looked at her brother and said "Nicholas, will you tell him for me?"

It's not looking too promising for Mickey and friends either. I keep asking her if she will give him and hug and her response is a definite NO. Now, the princesses or those without costumes, that might be different.

When we went in October with our friends, they have a not-quite three year old who didn't like ANY characters. Toward the end of the trip we were at AK and there were characters out front. Nancy and I each took a hold of John's hand and we approached Baloo (the character, not the moderator :teeth: ). John walked with us slowly and I yelled that sorry Baloo, John is afraid. Well, Baloo sat on the ground (not an easy feat for a big guy) and waved to have John walk over slowly. Because we've been to Disney before, I understood some of the gestures that Baloo was making. He asked John to feel his fur on his hand. John let me stroke Baloo's hand with John's hand tucked in mine. All the while I was speaking softly to John:

See John, he has soft fur. Then Baloo wanted to touch John's hand and I said "do you have soft fur like Baloo?" and John laughed because he knew he didn't. We actually turned a corner with that visit. He got a little closer and shook his hand at the end. On the last day John actually hugged Mickey and said Bye Mickey!!

The point is that the characters are used to children being afraid. Try to find one that has no line and you will be surprised to see how well they handle it. I would recommend that you go up and spend time with the character so that Alyssa will see that you are not afraid. Don't push her at all - by the end of the week she may be ready to say hello to one of them. If she realizes that nobody else seems to be afraid, she may try (or may not try) to socialize with them. But think about it -- its a big furry thing, probably twice or three times her size. I'd be afraid too!!!

Steamboat Marti
12-15-2005, 12:08 PM

Matt's seven and had croup last weekend. We were shocked !! I thought he'd be over it by now!!

babytrees
12-15-2005, 12:10 PM

Marti you aren't correct....Deb you are.

My oldest says "Why did I have to have a mom with an english degree"
My DH says"That's what I get being married to you!!"

Theresa

Steamboat Marti
12-15-2005, 12:10 PM
Marti is absolutely right...it should be "too." You get a gold star Marti and that's a really cute poem Deb. :goodvibes

Do I get the gold star or the chest to pin it on?? I'll take the chest!!!!

Steamboat Marti
12-15-2005, 12:11 PM

I wonder how long I'd have to go without posting to receive a special PM from Kate? :rotfl:

My bet is less than 24 hours.... but don't flatter yourself, she'd worry because you're pregnant!!!

KMH1
12-15-2005, 12:15 PM
Marti you aren't correct....Deb you are.

My oldest says "Why did I have to have a mom with an english degree"
My DH says"That's what I get being married to you!!"

Theresa

I found this:
People seldom mix “two” up with the other two; it obviously belongs with words that also begin with TW, like “twice” and “twenty” that involve the number 2. But the other two are confused all the time. Just remember that the only meanings of “too” are “also” ("I want some ice cream too.") and “in excess” ("Your walkman is playing too loudly.") Note that extra O. It should remind you that this word has to do with adding more on to something. “To” is the proper spelling for all the other uses.

Wouldn't "too close" be an example of in excess?

Not trying to start a debate...just curious now! :teeth:

KMH1
12-15-2005, 12:17 PM
My bet is less than 24 hours.... but don't flatter yourself, she'd worry because you're pregnant!!!

LOL! :rotfl:

Well, let it be known that we are leaving town tomorrow morning and will be gone through late Monday night.

Tammi67
12-15-2005, 12:21 PM
When we went in October with our friends, they have a not-quite three year old who didn't like ANY characters. Toward the end of the trip we were at AK and there were characters out front. Nancy and I each took a hold of John's hand and we approached Baloo (the character, not the moderator :teeth: ). John walked with us slowly and I yelled that sorry Baloo, John is afraid. Well, Baloo sat on the ground (not an easy feat for a big guy) and waved to have John walk over slowly. Because we've been to Disney before, I understood some of the gestures that Baloo was making. He asked John to feel his fur on his hand. John let me stroke Baloo's hand with John's hand tucked in mine. All the while I was speaking softly to John:

See John, he has soft fur. Then Baloo wanted to touch John's hand and I said "do you have soft fur like Baloo?" and John laughed because he knew he didn't. We actually turned a corner with that visit. He got a little closer and shook his hand at the end. On the last day John actually hugged Mickey and said Bye Mickey!!

The point is that the characters are used to children being afraid. Try to find one that has no line and you will be surprised to see how well they handle it. I would recommend that you go up and spend time with the character so that Alyssa will see that you are not afraid. Don't push her at all - by the end of the week she may be ready to say hello to one of them. If she realizes that nobody else seems to be afraid, she may try (or may not try) to socialize with them. But think about it -- its a big furry thing, probably twice or three times her size. I'd be afraid too!!!
What a touching story. We did make progress with her last year. She wouldn't go up to anyone or anything, and on our last day she went up to Aurora. What a thrilled that was for ME. I got some great pictures of Aurora squatting down to talk to her. I hope you are right and that we make even more progress this time.

babytrees
12-15-2005, 12:25 PM
I found this:
People seldom mix “two” up with the other two; it obviously belongs with words that also begin with TW, like “twice” and “twenty” that involve the number 2. But the other two are confused all the time. Just remember that the only meanings of “too” are “also” ("I want some ice cream too.") and “in excess” ("Your walkman is playing too loudly.") Note that extra O. It should remind you that this word has to do with adding more on to something. “To” is the proper spelling for all the other uses.

You are right!! Amy....I was having a not thinking moment....and if you want a debate you had to be around my office a couple of weeks ago with affect versus effect.....I thought at one point it was going to come to blows!!

Theresa

bear74
12-15-2005, 12:34 PM
My dad emailed this to me, so naturally I thought of all of my DDA buddies.... its too cute!

Why Santa likes RED....
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/Steamboat123/santa.jpg
too funny.
Marti glad your back.

Steamboat Marti
12-15-2005, 12:35 PM
LOL! :rotfl:

Well, let it be known that we are leaving town tomorrow morning and will be gone through late Monday night.

:sad1: Who's going to defend me against the Queen???

ksoehrlein
You are right!! Amy....I was having a not thinking moment....and if you want a debate you had to be around my office a couple of weeks ago with affect versus effect.....I thought at one point it was going to come to blows!!
Theresa, I hate that one! I worked as a medical editor, and our transcriber could NEVER get it right. I used to do a Find for every "effect" and then analyze the sentence to see if it was the right one each and every time. It got old real fast.

DH had a professor (in podiatry school, no less) whose pet peeve was people who mix up "affect" and "effect." It's funny now, but he spent the better half of a lecture ranting on and on about it, which was probably a waste of student loan money. The upshot is that DH always gets it right now, which is a very good thing for our marriage!

bear74

coke all over the screen!

Steamboat Marti
12-15-2005, 12:36 PM
I found this:

No need to begin a debate -- remember this is a trouble free zone!! But I'm curious too, oh, I mean also!!!!

Steamboat Marti
12-15-2005, 12:37 PM
What a touching story. We did make progress with her last year. She wouldn't go up to anyone or anything, and on our last day she went up to Aurora. What a thrilled that was for ME. I got some great pictures of Aurora squatting down to talk to her. I hope you are right and that we make even more progress this time.

Just go slow - at her pace. No need to freak her out at the happiest place in the world!!

Steamboat Marti
12-15-2005, 12:39 PM
Theresa, I hate that one! I worked as a medical editor, and our transcriber could NEVER get it right. I used to do a Find for every "effect" and then analyze the sentence to see if it was the right one each and every time. It got old real fast.

DH had a professor (in podiatry school, no less) whose pet peeve was people who mix up "affect" and "effect." It's funny now, but he spent the better half of a lecture ranting on and on about it, which was probably a waste of student loan money. The upshot is that DH always gets it right now, which is a very good thing for our marriage!

Without anybody getting mad at me, I always get this wrong. Is there a short way to educate me so that I can get it right next time??

rosiejo
12-15-2005, 12:40 PM
Your baubbles are our ornaments. :rotfl:

Deb

I was thinking about it after I posted that and I figured that's what you would say. I'll add that to my new vocabulary :teeth:

ksoehrlein
12-15-2005, 12:46 PM
OK, Marti, I'm gonna go out on a limb without researching it. I'll be embarrassed if I'm wrong, but if so, somebody please correct me.

Effect is usually the noun. For example, "This medicine may cause side effects." (More on why I said "usually" to follow.)

Affect is usually the verb. For example, "The moon affects the ocean tide."

As usual in the English language, there are exceptions to both of these rules. One is when you use the phrase "to effect change." Effect is the verb. The other exception is in psychology, where a person's mood/personality is described as their affect. Affect is the noun this time (but it's pronounced a little different then usual: "AF-fect" instead of "uh-fect").

Please give me the gold star, English experts. I would hate to get a rap on the knuckles for this one!

bear74
12-15-2005, 12:48 PM

too funny!

rosiejo
12-15-2005, 12:48 PM
:goodvibes Deb - you really are creative -- and I love the poem. In the third line the word to -- I think it should be too. (but I could be wrong - English was not my subject!!). Is English anybody's subject so they could correct me if I'm wrong??

Yup - it should be "too"

Love the poem by the way Deb :goodvibes

rosiejo
12-15-2005, 12:50 PM

:grouphug: Hope you all get well soon Denise. You should all be tucked up in bed watching Disney dvds.

bear74
12-15-2005, 12:52 PM
OK OK OK Last one, I promise....

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/Steamboat123/unknown2.jpg
ow. I am laughing so hard its make my back hurt.

bear74
12-15-2005, 12:53 PM
Yet another one...

:rotfl2: too funny

rosiejo
12-15-2005, 12:54 PM

Theresa

:rotfl2: sounds like my office - we're web editors and spend our days discussing other peoples grammatical errors!

bear74
12-15-2005, 12:57 PM

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

babytrees
12-15-2005, 01:06 PM
I am the office manager at a church..it's quite funny the way people use/misuse the language....when I type up the prayers every week I want to cringe. Heaven forbid if I was to correct them though!! :rolleyes:

I had a teacher explain affect/effect this way "To effect change you have to affect the people." Oh dear I hope I have that right now :rotfl:

Theresa

MidNite
12-15-2005, 01:06 PM
MidNite -- Your babies are BEAUTIFUL!
:blush: Thank you. Just what every mom loves to hear. :goodvibes

my3princes
12-15-2005, 01:21 PM
That is very cute

she could not bear the thought that Santa might actually come to our house and begged me not to let him in -

we finally decided it would be okay if Mrs. Clause brought the presents and wrote Santa a letter to see if that would Mrs. Clause would do that

but then people would ask Julia - are you excited for Christmas - is Santa coming to your house and she would look at them and say NOPE

Strangely enough, Logan is fine with Santa coming to his house and bringing him a gift, but he does not want Santa to touch him. I have to say that it is an improvement over last year, now he can be in the same room.

Deb

babytrees
12-15-2005, 01:22 PM
Not to discourage all you that are hoping your kids outgrow croup soon but....the last time I had croup(that was diagnosed) I was 17....I now do my best to make sure my colds stay just that way but I know that I have had croup at least once since then and I will be 35 next year.

Pixie dust to all who are sick....please don't pass it this way :teeth:

Theresa

bear74
12-15-2005, 01:26 PM

So cute. I may need to email this to DH. :banana:

my3princes
12-15-2005, 01:29 PM

I BELIEVE IN SANTA CLAUS

be true.

and let's go."

church.

coat!

and Grandma.

care...

I'm wiping the tears as I write my reply. What a beautiful story. Isn't that what Christmas is all about?

Deb

KMH1
12-15-2005, 01:31 PM
OK, Marti, I'm gonna go out on a limb without researching it. I'll be embarrassed if I'm wrong, but if so, somebody please correct me.

Effect is usually the noun. For example, "This medicine may cause side effects." (More on why I said "usually" to follow.)

Affect is usually the verb. For example, "The moon affects the ocean tide."

As usual in the English language, there are exceptions to both of these rules. One is when you use the phrase "to effect change." Effect is the verb. The other exception is in psychology, where a person's mood/personality is described as their affect. Affect is the noun this time (but it's pronounced a little different then usual: "AF-fect" instead of "uh-fect").

Please give me the gold star, English experts. I would hate to get a rap on the knuckles for this one!

I'll give you a gold star for this explanation! Especially since you didn't plagiarize like I did! :teeth:

I swear I lost a ton of brain cells having Alyssa, and I know I'll lose more with #2. Sometimes I'll say something, and I'll think to myself, "Did that really come out of your mouth...you taught English for nine years, you idiot!!!" :rotfl:

KMH1
12-15-2005, 01:34 PM
I am the office manager at a church..it's quite funny the way people use/misuse the language....when I type up the prayers every week I want to cringe. Heaven forbid if I was to correct them though!! :rolleyes:

Theresa

I was also a yearbook advisor for five years, and parents were able to buy congratulatory ads for their seniors. Oh, I nearly went insane typing out some of those messages! :rotfl:

poohangel
12-15-2005, 01:34 PM
:goodvibes funny!!

Just wanted to say hi y'all! :wave:

I'm bushed and I'm heading for bed...Joe is out of town and Christmas has snuck up on me! :earseek: :crazy2: :faint:

Ya know I got to thinking about the whole baby thing and remembered there's birds involved too! I'm not exactly sure were they fit in! :daisy:

http://www.superlaugh.com/dan/birdsandbees.jpg

NIGHT DDAers! :flower:

bear74
12-15-2005, 01:35 PM

Deb
how cute.

KMH1
12-15-2005, 01:36 PM
Do I get the gold star or the chest to pin it on?? I'll take the chest!!!!

Glad you're back Marti! Where's Skunka Hunka to pounce on this one? :teeth:

KMH1
12-15-2005, 01:38 PM
:sad1: Who's going to defend me against the Queen???

I think you'll be okay...you seem to have a temporary alliance. :teeth:

julia & nicks mom
12-15-2005, 01:38 PM

I don't know - why don't you stop posting and we'll see!! :earboy2:

poohangel
12-15-2005, 01:39 PM
WOW, they turned out great! :sunny:

All rubberbanded:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/tammi67/P1020573.jpg

Alyssa's shirt, front:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/tammi67/P1020574.jpg

Alyssa's back:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/tammi67/P1020575.jpg

Nicholas' front:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/tammi67/P1020580.jpg

Nicholas' back:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/tammi67/P1020581.jpg

My front:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/tammi67/P1020576.jpg

My back:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/tammi67/P1020577.jpg

DH front:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/tammi67/P1020578.jpg

Dh back:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/tammi67/P1020579.jpg

julia & nicks mom
12-15-2005, 01:40 PM
Nancy and I each took a hold of John's hand and we approached Baloo (the character, not the moderator :teeth: ).

Good thing - cause that would be enough to scare the crap out of any kid! :rotfl2:

my3princes
12-15-2005, 01:40 PM
We were in New Mexico for Thanksgiving and I asked Abi (9) if she wanted to go sit on Santa's lap...she said no he's not the real one and he's too skinny :rotfl:

I really looked at him then and they had a string bean with a pillow stomach as Santa.

I know that this is my last Christmas with Santa and she knows that those are Santa's helpers in the malls but please couldn't they have had a more realistic helper :rolleyes:

Abi is still a bit frightened of characters in the suits and out.....and we had to explain to her about the person in the suit at an early age because she would literally crawl up to the highest spot if she saw any thing closer than about 100 yards. SO I always am happy when I can convince her to even go close to santa. We'll see how she handles WDW next summer

Some of you will think I'm certifiable, others will think this is cute.

Our second Christmas in our new home was in 2001. My oldest was 6. He was sure that there was no such thing as Santa. Didn't matter what we told him, he was sure. So on Christmas Eve the kids went to bed. I put on my Santa Suit (Costume Nut Remember). I had Chris video tape me putting the presents under the tree. I was careful to always keep my back to the camera. Chris kept making little comments like "Deb wake up" and "Nobodies going to believe this". He taped me for several minutes, I ate the cookies, drank the milk and slipped out the sliding door. I even had bells outside to shake as the reindeer took off. The next morning Chris announced his amazing night time adventure. And he had proof that Santa truly existed. The kids watched the video in awe and have not questioned Santas existance since. They are huge advocates even at age 8 and 10. I have no idea where the tape is now, probably a good thing as they might not buy it now, but that memory will always be with them. They both have kids that do not celebrate Christmas in their classes that tell them that it is just their parents, they tell them that they don't get presents because they don't believe, but they know because they have him on tape. Someday the magic will die, but I will make it last as long as possible.

Deb