PDA

View Full Version : ***Disney Design Addict's Chit Chat,Designs and Pixie Dust! Everybody WELCOME!*** Part 5

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19

itslisa
01-03-2006, 08:14 PM
Alyssa and I got to hear the baby's heartbeat today! :goodvibes

That's SO cool! What an exciting day! Do you remember what the heart rate was? I seem to remember as old wives tale that had to do with the heart beat. ( I also remmber some revolting test that had something to do with Drano! )

itslisa
01-03-2006, 08:17 PM
Miss Missy If I ever get back to Disney .... wuld you go on TOT with me and hold my hand! LOL I am SUCH a scaredy cat!!!!

Steffy
01-03-2006, 08:19 PM
I'm home from North Carolina and just spent 3 hrs. catching up on all the posts.

We had one of the most horrific driving trips ever. Just barely escaped a wreck near Knoxville, TN. Girl in front of us hit a huge puddle of water and hydroplaned. Spun around and hit the guard rail, sent her into the next lane and hit a 4wd pick-up truck, that spun her sideways in front of me and with God's help, I slipped between the 2 without hitting either one. We waited 1/2 hour for police to get there. Then in Louisville, KY, we caught the tail-end of the tornado that went through. Also, another wreck had 2 lanes of highway closed and everyone was slamming on brakes and trying to avoid the wreck almost hit the car in front of us. In southern Illinois we just missed an earthquake that happened 2 hours before. I told my DMom if fire & brimstone started falling, we were heading for nearest church. We still made it back home in 14 hours (me driving all the way). Lots of rain and wind. I was really ready for bed when I got here.

O M G!!!!!!! :earseek: :earseek: :earseek: :earseek:

Thank God you and your family are okay......

What a trip! You have one gracious guardian angel looking over your shoulder.

:cloud9:

lmartin2711
01-03-2006, 08:22 PM
The Queen is so popular! :teeth:

You all can PM me...my box isn't full. :rotfl2:

Amy :)

Sending you one now!!! Lynn

babytrees
01-03-2006, 08:22 PM
I'm home from North Carolina and just spent 3 hrs. catching up on all the posts.

We had one of the most horrific driving trips ever. Just barely escaped a wreck near Knoxville, TN. Girl in front of us hit a huge puddle of water and hydroplaned. Spun around and hit the guard rail, sent her into the next lane and hit a 4wd pick-up truck, that spun her sideways in front of me and with God's help, I slipped between the 2 without hitting either one. We waited 1/2 hour for police to get there. Then in Louisville, KY, we caught the tail-end of the tornado that went through. Also, another wreck had 2 lanes of highway closed and everyone was slamming on brakes and trying to avoid the wreck almost hit the car in front of us. In southern Illinois we just missed an earthquake that happened 2 hours before. I told my DMom if fire & brimstone started falling, we were heading for nearest church. We still made it back home in 14 hours (me driving all the way). Lots of rain and wind. I was really ready for bed when I got here.

Glad you made it home okay....Mother Nature can sure keep you on your toes!!

Theresa

bethbuchall
01-03-2006, 08:23 PM

Amy:)

That is absolutely WONDERFUL!!! :goodvibes I remember those days very fondly.

Beth

KMH1
01-03-2006, 08:24 PM
Oh how exciting!!! And where was Kevin???

He was in trial. I know he was disappointed he missed it. He got to hear it last month though. :goodvibes

Alyssa could have cared a less...she was too busy eating her fruit snacks. :rotfl:

The doctor didn't figure out a rate or anything, just said it sounded good and strong.

The best news was, I didn't gain any weight! Of course, I have been pretty sick over the past three weeks, so I didn't really pig out this holiday season. :teeth:

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone!

itdjbw
01-03-2006, 08:26 PM
My nephew (18) told it was was pretty dark and suggested I not bring my son (7 -- almost 8). So, we finally saw it yesterday and now I know why!! I can't even begin to imagine bringing him.

I've read all the books and LOVED them all.

On the other hand, the movies seem to be getting scarier and scarier. The directors (or screen play writers? someone??) seems to be cutting out whatever positive and leaving all negative/scary behind. Am I wrong??

I realize thebook was big and had to be cut somewhere .... but ....I don't know it was just SO dark. I wonder what the next movie will bring ...... :(

DS knows that a movie is make believe so it never seemed to bother him and having an older sister he probably gets exposed to more than he would if he was the oldest. :rolleyes1

Steffy
01-03-2006, 08:29 PM
I'm really looking forward to it. I think when Kyle finds out what we're doing he's going to give me some crap.... he loves Disney world but already asked if that's where I was taking him. When I said no, he was relieved. He said "I love it, but I dont know about 6 months after the last trip... that one was stressful". So I think he'll flip for a second that it's a DISNEY cruise...

but I looked at all the other options. I just REALLY think they are going to have the best adult options (AND they won't be as crowded, since lots of adults on the cruise have kids to tend to, at least some of the time) ... the best service... the best shows, etc. It's nice to hear that you enjoyed it, just the two of you. I think once we're on (or at least when it's over) he will have loved it.... but at first I'm gonna catch a lot of flak. :blush:

I would get the Passporters for cruising....

I enjoyed the spa. :goodvibes :goodvibes They had a package where you could pay a certain amount and go to the spa everyday, and lie on the marble lounger and use the scented saunas and shwer with the scented water. Really cool.

I didn't notice the kids on the cruise much. My DGD loved the club. We saw kids when we went to the kids pool (duh) and at meal times. But lounging on deck chair with an adult drink :goodvibes :goodvibes not so much.

I would also suggest the adut beach at Castaway Cay. And Palo's. :goodvibes No kids there. Our tablemates were childless. And they were just there for the cruise. We had the land/sea package. :goodvibes

I would also suggest having aplan for the time in the Bahamas. Maybe Atlantis... :cloud9: You'll have a ball..... princess:

babytrees
01-03-2006, 08:30 PM
Wow, what a sweet story. My older to are best friends and do everything together. They were 25 mths apart and when they we small and riding in our double stroller they were often mistaken for twins. I don't think they look anything alike now though. They still like all the same activities at ages 8 and 10.

Deb

When they were younger they were mistaken for twins...and sometimes still are by some of the elderly at my work(I think the extra cleavage on Cass gives it away!!)

bengalbelle
01-03-2006, 08:30 PM

That's wonderful!!! :flower:

bear74
01-03-2006, 08:33 PM

Oh my I am glad you and your family our okay.
Earthquake! In Illinois :confused3

bethbuchall
01-03-2006, 08:33 PM
DS knows that a movie is make believe so it never seemed to bother him and having an older sister he probably gets exposed to more than he would if he was the oldest. :rolleyes1

I think that my ds6 is exposed to a lot more since he has the two older siblings, too. I'm not sure that I would have taken my oldest when he was 6, though all of my children have realized from a very young age that movies are just make believe. Dd had friends who were scared to death of Mulan when it first came out, and she loved it.

Beth

lmartin2711
01-03-2006, 08:34 PM

My two DS are the same way. They know the difference between real and just a movie. Plus I would rather take them to see something so I can explain anything questionable than them seeing it 6 months later on DVD at a friends house during a sleepover.

Lynn

itdjbw
01-03-2006, 08:34 PM

I enjoyed the spa. :goodvibes :goodvibes They had a package where you could pay a certain amount and go to the spa everyday, and lie on the marble lounger and use the scented saunas and shwer with the scented water. Really cool.

I didn't notice the kids on the cruise much. My DGD loved the club. We saw kids when we went to the kids pool (duh) and at meal times. But lounging on deck chair with an adult drink :goodvibes :goodvibes not so much.

I would also suggest the adut beach at Castaway Cay. And Palo's. :goodvibes No kids there. Our tablemates were childless. And they were just there for the cruise. We had the land/sea package. :goodvibes

I would also suggest having aplan for the time in the Bahamas. Maybe Atlantis... :cloud9: You'll have a ball..... princess:

HMMMM, and isn't Palo's just the best, love it and cannot wait to go back for dinner :Pinkbounc

babytrees
01-03-2006, 08:35 PM
My nephew (18) told it was was pretty dark and suggested I not bring my son (7 -- almost 8). So, we finally saw it yesterday and now I know why!! I can't even begin to imagine bringing him.

I've read all the books and LOVED them all.

On the other hand, the movies seem to be getting scarier and scarier. The directors (or screen play writers? someone??) seems to be cutting out whatever positive and leaving all negative/scary behind. Am I wrong??

I realize thebook was big and had to be cut somewhere .... but ....I don't know it was just SO dark. I wonder what the next movie will bring ...... :(

The 4th book, IMO, was also the darkest of the books...hopefully it will get back to brighter things soon!!

tinknme
01-03-2006, 08:38 PM
My mil is wanting to ride this & I told her no way am I getting on it lol I am a scaredy cat as well lol

Miss Missy If I ever get back to Disney .... wuld you go on TOT with me and hold my hand! LOL I am SUCH a scaredy cat!!!!

babytrees
01-03-2006, 08:40 PM

YEAAAAAH :cheer2:

tmfranlk
01-03-2006, 08:41 PM

How exciting! That was one of my favorite days of my pregnancy.

itdjbw
01-03-2006, 08:41 PM
Does anyone read Janet Evanovich - her Plum novels??
I heard they were going to do a mini-series of these.

itslisa
01-03-2006, 08:42 PM
The doctor didn't figure out a rate or anything, just said it sounded good and strong.

Well, that's what is MOST important!! :cool1:

bear74
01-03-2006, 08:43 PM
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/639252000_post-med.jpg

Deb
congrats :cheer2:

tmfranlk
01-03-2006, 08:44 PM

Welcome home! What an eventful drive. Glad you had that guardian angel with you.

itdjbw
01-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Amy, when are you due??
Everyone around me lately are becoming grandmothers, I guess this is showing my age - 13 more days till I reach another milestone :rotfl2: :rotfl2: and I'm feeling every bit of it lately!!!

tinknme
01-03-2006, 08:46 PM
How exciting! I loved listening to my babies heartbeat :goodvibes

itslisa
01-03-2006, 08:49 PM
My two DS are the same way. They know the difference between real and just a movie. Plus I would rather take them to see something so I can explain anything questionable than them seeing it 6 months later on DVD at a friends house during a sleepover.

It's good you know they won't be bothered. Heck, I was freaked a it and I KNEW the ending! LOL When we saw Stuart Little in the theater -- what was that 2 years ago?? -- my little one wanted to LEAVE. He was flipping out telling me and I quote, "Staurt's in twouble!" (not a typo) I had to convince him Stuart would be OK ad we should stay. He stayed on my lap til right near the end.

He KNOWS it's not real ... but like me, he really gets into the movie.

itslisa
01-03-2006, 08:50 PM
The 4th book, IMO, was also the darkest of the books...hopefully it will get back to brighter things soon!!

Crossing my fingers!!!

BTW ... did you hear they're talking about a HP ride for Disney?
But I think it Tokyo Disney.

bear74
01-03-2006, 08:51 PM

Isn't that the most wonderful sound.
congrats :goodvibes

itslisa
01-03-2006, 08:52 PM
My mil is wanting to ride this & I told her no way am I getting on it lol I am a scaredy cat as well lol

Haven't ridden this. Also Rnr. Yikes! DH wanted to go on ot one morning. I had been a REALLY good sport the trip before last and went on stuff I would NEVER go on! Got ALL the way up to entering the ride -with DH and DS -- and FREAKED! My stomach was flpping before getting ON the ride! I did not want to see my breakfast again! I quickly ditched them! Grabbed DH's cane and headed straight for the chicken exit!!! LOL

cocowum
01-03-2006, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by KMH1
Alyssa and I got to hear the baby's heartbeat today!

Amy

:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Do you know if it's a boy or a girl? :listen:

Steffy
01-03-2006, 09:14 PM
It's good you know they won't be bothered. Heck, I was freaked a it and I KNEW the ending! LOL When we saw Stuart Little in the theater -- what was that 2 years ago?? -- my little one wanted to LEAVE. He was flipping out telling me and I quote, "Staurt's in twouble!" (not a typo) I had to convince him Stuart would be OK ad we should stay. He stayed on my lap til right near the end.

He KNOWS it's not real ... but like me, he really gets into the movie.

When I went to see the Polar Express with my DGD, the little girl behind us, about 6, freaked out when the engineer grabbed the little girl and they said he was going to throw her overboard or some such. Just freaked. They had to leave. The girl in the movie was okay, but you didn't know it for at least 10 minutes. This also was a scene just in the movie, not in the book, so you couldn't prepare for it. And this was a so-called kiddie movie!!

itslisa
01-03-2006, 09:18 PM
"Staurt's in twouble!" (not a typo)

OK ... so the SECOND typo wasn't a mistake!!! LOL

tink2020
01-03-2006, 09:19 PM
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/639252000_post-med.jpg

Deb

Too cute! Congrats Deb :goodvibes

Steffy
This server is busy stuff is getting on my last nerve. :rolleyes:

Anyway, my3princes, loved your 2000 post. So creative.

Amy, loved the heartbeat..

babytrees, cute story about your daughters...

tink2020, you're going to love your cruise..... Don't worry. There were a lot of adults on the cruise.

Nancy, where is your signature???

Okay, I'm probably forgetting some, but this server thing is getting to me. :flower: :flower:

bear74
okay I am caught up. you girls were chatty today but it was mostly about cruises so I just skimmed those posts. :sunny:

tink2020
01-03-2006, 09:21 PM

Glad you're home safe! :grouphug:

bear74
01-03-2006, 09:22 PM
I agree this server busy is for the birds.

julia & nicks mom
01-03-2006, 09:23 PM
my pm box is clear

miss missy
01-03-2006, 09:23 PM

Certainly, that ride is such an easy ride for me now! It the rollercoasters that make me scared... I mean what if the car comes off or something :rotfl2:

miss missy
01-03-2006, 09:24 PM
my pm box is clear

he he great lets all bomb her box now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tink2020
01-03-2006, 09:25 PM

Yaaaaay! I remember going with my mom to hear Cassi's heartbeat. What an exciting day! :goodvibes

tink2020
01-03-2006, 09:28 PM

I'm very excited! The spa wasn't really on my list, as it drives DH nuts when I go here! I figure I can just spend time with him for those few days, there's no way he'll go with me! :rolleyes: But maybe in the mornings since he's a sleeper........ :idea:

itslisa
01-03-2006, 09:33 PM
Certainly, that ride is such an easy ride for me now! It the rollercoasters that make me scared... I mean what if the car comes off or something :rotfl2:

On the February trip, I was TAKEN on Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and Test Track. I was *supposed* to get on Thunder Mountain, but I have no idea how the CM thought the three of us were supposed to fit! LOL I happily ducked out! Then, as I wrote, I ducked out of RnR. But, oh man, we went on Primevil Whirl -- what a MISTAKE. What an AWFUL AWFUL ride!

I *only* went on the coasters cuz I had this moment of dillusion! I said to myself, If I can handle my DH being gone for 2 years, I can handle this. Who was I kidding?!?!?!?!

tink2020
01-03-2006, 09:33 PM
Ok, turning in. I've been sitting in this hotel room for like 7 hours and I'm going NUTS! We stopped about 9 hours into the drive rather than driving all the way to Long Island, and apparantly we picked a not-so-hot town in PA to stay in. So much for name recognition!

We're in a Crowne Plaza, so the hotel's fine.... but we didn't really want to go exploring, and I'm ALWAYS up for exploring new cities - if that says anything :blush:

Talk to you all tomorrow! :goodvibes

Blueeyes101817
01-03-2006, 09:42 PM
hi everyone--
havent really been able to get on much--this server is busy thing is driving me crazy!

bear74
01-03-2006, 09:46 PM
hey jennifer did you ever get your grades for last semester. did you pass all of your classes.
I will read your response some time thur. as i am going to bed and have to work tomorrow and then watch th Longhorns tomorrow night.
HOOK'EM HORNS

MinnieMouseMom
01-03-2006, 09:49 PM
OBut, oh man, we went on Primevil Whirl -- what a MISTAKE. What an AWFUL AWFUL ride!

You can say that again!!! UGH! I was messed up the rest of the day from that ride. The first part was great until they released it to spin. The whole time it was spinning, I had my eyes closed and was saying "Oh $***, Oh $***" LOL Oh, and I wouldn't have gone on it, but dh said, it's not really that "spin-y" Well, it wasn't when he went on with Kaelyn, but I think putting both his and my weight on there, it took off like a top. UGH

itdjbw
01-03-2006, 09:50 PM
And another server busy - maybe they are all serving at the waffle house or something!!! hee hee haa haa

ReAnSt
01-03-2006, 09:51 PM
Wow, what a sweet story. My older to are best friends and do everything together. They were 25 mths apart and when they we small and riding in our double stroller they were often mistaken for twins. I don't think they look anything alike now though. They still like all the same activities at ages 8 and 10.

Deb

My brother is 22 months younger than me and everybody used to think he was my twin. By about the time I was 10 he was taller than me. He is about 6' 3" now and I am about 5' 11" tall. But the kicker is, I have dark brown hair and when he was younger he had white blond hair. Now it is a lt. to medium brown. People still ask me how my twin is.

Then again people always ask me how my older sister is. I don't have a sister never did. My aunt is 5 years older than me and she was always at my house when we were younger. She would spend entire summers at my house. So I am the oldest child who grew up with a big sister and a twin, giving me very warped sense of being the oldest child.

Becky

ReAnSt
01-03-2006, 09:53 PM
Oh how exciting!!! And where was Kevin???

That's what I was wondering.

Becky

ETA; Saw the response, glad the baby is strong and healthy.

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-03-2006, 09:53 PM
You can say that again!!! UGH! I was messed up the rest of the day from that ride. The first part was great until they released it to spin. The whole time it was spinning, I had my eyes closed and was saying "Oh $***, Oh $***" LOL Oh, and I wouldn't have gone on it, but dh said, it's not really that "spin-y" Well, it wasn't when he went on with Kaelyn, but I think putting both his and my weight on there, it took off like a top. UGH

Thanks for the warning!... I am not much of a spin-y, type of person. :crazy2: :sick:

miss missy
01-03-2006, 09:54 PM
On the February trip, I was TAKEN on Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and Test Track. I was *supposed* to get on Thunder Mountain, but I have no idea how the CM thought the three of us were supposed to fit! LOL I happily ducked out! Then, as I wrote, I ducked out of RnR. But, oh man, we went on Primevil Whirl -- what a MISTAKE. What an AWFUL AWFUL ride!

I *only* went on the coasters cuz I had this moment of dillusion! I said to myself, If I can handle my DH being gone for 2 years, I can handle this. Who was I kidding?!?!?!?!

Thats funny! I found Primevil Whirl scarey and I wont do it again! I felt like we were gonna fall off the track. I guess cuz its day and you can see. It also made me dizzy.

But the coaster are ok, I scream every time, but she dags me on and on so you get used to it. Test Track is EASY! Splash is EASY EASY, I could live on that one!! I have a million pics from inside there! Thunder Mountain to me is bumpy and kills my neck for some reason. I dont really like it much at all!

I have never and will never try Mission Space, that would make me sooo ill!
TOT is a breeze tho!

itdjbw
01-03-2006, 09:55 PM
Off to bed now and I guess I will have another 10 pages to read when I get home from work tomorrow.

Soon I will have to start thinking about giving up work so I can clean house and try my hand at shirt designing :rotfl:

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-03-2006, 09:55 PM
Any other rides that you just won't do? I usualy like rollercoasters, but, the older I get, not so much anymore!

PNO4TE
01-03-2006, 09:57 PM
I am keeping up with the reading on here and on the weight loss thread, but it takes FOREVER and posting is aj oke due to the busy server. So, dear friends... know that I am reading everything you say and thinking about you all. Maybe I will be able to post in the a.m. Good night!

itslisa
01-03-2006, 10:00 PM

Exactly! DH and I are both big! The funny thing is, when we went on, we grabbed FP's then got in the regular line knowing by the time w got off, we could get on again! LOL DS LOVED the ride. We convinced the CM at the beginning to allow us to walk up with him and WAIT for him! LOL He ended up riding with a family.

This trip, we tried to do the same thing and we saw the CMs having a problem with it???? I don't get it? A child is not allowed to ride alone???? He is tall enough - why does one of us HAVE to ride with him? We decided to skip the drama with the CMs and asked a young couple behind us if Ben could go with them. They said yes. Once we got to the front, we told the CMs Ben was riding with them and we would wait ... no problem! (hooray!) They came back and they were all smiling.

Mind you, I LOVE the teacups! There's just something about spinning and being thrown off three stories up that scares the heck out of me. And my BACK! Man oh man! I needed an adjustment after that ride!!!

itslisa
01-03-2006, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the warning!... I am not much of a spin-y, type of person. :crazy2: :sick:

Imagine the teacups ride set on a roller coaster!!!!!!

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-03-2006, 10:03 PM
Imagine the teacups ride set on a roller coaster!!!!!!

Uh... no thanks!.... not for me! Teacups is bad enough... but Teacups on steroids.... forget about it! :rotfl2:

miss missy
01-03-2006, 10:03 PM

LOL so your nick name is "Topper" now!! :rotfl:

itslisa
01-03-2006, 10:08 PM
But the coaster are ok, I scream every time, but she dags me on and on so you get used to it. Test Track is EASY!

Test Track is our FAVORITE ride!!!!!! It doesn't feel like a roller coaster. The three of us have a little "bit" we like to do. :)

Too bad it's going down for maintenance ... but from what I understand, they are doing something about taking out the black bar on the car. If you have a little one -- it's the bar that always comes across their face on the pictures!!! On this last trip, we got Ben to put his feet down and push up as best he could -- with his seat belt on. He *just* cleared the bar! LOL So we HAD to buy the pic. I think we rode it about 8 times on this trip!

Splash is EASY EASY, I could live on that one!! I have a million pics from inside there!
I kept freaking out waiting for the BIG DROP!

Thunder Mountain to me is bumpy and kills my neck for some reason. I don't really like it much at all!
Good to know!

I have never and will never try Mission Space, that would make me sooo ill!
Nope! Never! I think those are safety warning I will listen too! But we did play in the "after area"with DS. We had fund playing against another team with the rockets.

TOT is a breeze tho!
I don't know about that .....

miss missy
01-03-2006, 10:09 PM
Exactly! DH and I are both big! The funny thing is, when we went on, we grabbed FP's then got in the regular line knowing by the time w got off, we could get on again! LOL DS LOVED the ride. We convinced the CM at the beginning to allow us to walk up with him and WAIT for him! LOL He ended up riding with a family.

This trip, we tried to do the same thing and we saw the CMs having a problem with it???? I don't get it? A child is not allowed to ride alone???? He is tall enough - why does one of us HAVE to ride with him? We decided to skip the drama with the CMs and asked a young couple behind us if Ben could go with them. They said yes. Once we got to the front, we told the CMs Ben was riding with them and we would wait ... no problem! (hooray!) They came back and they were all smiling.

Mind you, I LOVE the teacups! There's just something about spinning and being thrown off three stories up that scares the heck out of me. And my BACK! Man oh man! I needed an adjustment after that ride!!!

No Teacups for me, ill! The carousel makes me ill, but I did it cuz it was for a DIS meet. But no no spinning for me! I get car sick unless I drive too. I can't sit anywhere, I have to be the driver :confused3

miss missy
01-03-2006, 10:11 PM
Uh... no thanks!.... not for me! Teacups is bad enough... but Teacups on steroids.... forget about it! :rotfl2:
Now thats funny !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl:

itslisa
01-03-2006, 10:13 PM
I get car sick unless I drive too. I can't sit anywhere, I have to be the driver :confused3

Luckily, not me.
I can sit backwards and read while in the car.

miss missy
01-03-2006, 10:14 PM
Test Track is our FAVORITE ride!!!!!! It doesn't feel like a roller coaster. The three of us have a little "bit" we like to do. :)

Too bad it's going down for maintenance ... but from what I understand, they are doing something about taking out the black bar on the car. If you have a little one -- it's the bar that always comes across their face on the pictures!!! On this last trip, we got Ben to put his feet down and push up as best he could -- with his seat belt on. He *just* cleared the bar! LOL So we HAD to buy the pic. I think we rode it about 8 times on this trip!

I kept freaking out waiting for the BIG DROP!

Good to know!

Nope! Never! I think those are safety warning I will listen too! But we did play in the "after area"with DS. We had fund playing against another team with the rockets.

I don't know about that .....

Oh I know when each drop is on Splash, I have been on sooo many times! No suprises for us there. Just look for the two birds and you know.

I too played at the after area of MS, fun!

ReAnSt
01-03-2006, 10:16 PM

I would be willing to go on TOT with anyone and hold their had, as long as it is not with the guy I rode on with once. But this time I will be sure to wear a t-shirt and long pants.

At this time all the seats had the lap bars and their was the one suicide seat all the way in the middle of the back row. I noticed while we were waiting in line their was this guy who looked very panicky, not looking too thrilled to be riding turns out he is only riding because his daughter about 8 years old wants to ride and he doesn't want her to ride alone.

When we get our seats facing the back of the car, we are in the last row. His daughter is to the left of the suicide seat, he is assigned the suicide seat, I have the seat to his right and Kelly has the seat to the right of me. I can tell he doesn't want to sit in that seat and he is afraid of putting his daughter in this seat.

I agree to trade with him. So now his daughter is still to the left of the suicide seat, she didn't want to move, I am in the suicide seat, scared guy is to the right and Kelly is in the seat next to the right of him. When they close the doors and say have a good drop, he starts to grab mine and Kelly's legs. We know we are in for an interesting trip.

I guess he has no idea what is going to happen, as we move into the chamber, he starts to grab our arms. When it goes completly dark he starts to scream.

Next thing I now he is full on grabbing onto me and has his head buried into my chest, he is still screaming. Now mind you, I have no small chest and am very a pretty low tank top and shorts. So he got a nice view I am sure. But I don't think he had a clue what he was doing. At one point he dropped his head lower so it was in my lap. But raised it again so it was back in my chest and clutched onto me. I had finger nail marks in my arm, for quite a while after this ride.

He remained this way until right about when the doors reopened, by now his daughter is telling him across me that she wants to ride again. It is now her favorite ride, etc. He says their is absolutely no way I will ride again.

He keeps apologizing to us over and over again after he was safely back on the ground. I don't think his daughter realizes every thing that happened since I was between the two of them. We wanted to buy the picture because I am sure it looked hilarious with him buried in my chest, but they wouldn't even show it on the screen.

In the end we told him that we would take his daughter on again to save him the trauma. She rode again and had an absolute blast. He kept apologizing and thanking us once we all got off the ride. But I am sure he truly didn't want us to see him ever again.

Becky

itslisa
01-03-2006, 10:18 PM
Oh I know when each drop is on Splash, I have been on sooo many times! No suprises for us there. Just look for the two birds and you know.

I too played at the after area of MS, fun!

How can I look for birds when I keep watching for the drop! LOL

Now ... get this ... DS will happily go on all those rides ... well not RnR anymore. It's a little too fast for him. But he will NOT get on the Maelstrom!!! That troll totally has him freaked out!!!

I dare say though ... this trip may be the last time he wants to do Playhouse Disney. :( I can hope though, right???

miss missy
01-03-2006, 10:22 PM
I would be willing to go on TOT with anyone and hold their had, as long as it is not with the guy I rode on with once. But this time I will be sure to wear a t-shirt and long pants.

At this time all the seats had the lap bars and their was the one suicide seat all the way in the middle of the back row. I noticed while we were waiting in line their was this guy who looked very panicky, not looking too thrilled to be riding turns out he is only riding because his daughter about 8 years old wants to ride and he doesn't want her to ride alone.

When we get our seats facing the back of the car, we are in the last row. His daughter is to the left of the suicide seat, he is assigned the suicide seat, I have the seat to his right and Kelly has the seat to the right of me. I can tell he doesn't want to sit in that seat and he is afraid of putting his daughter in this seat.

I agree to trade with him. So now his daughter is still to the left of the suicide seat, she didn't want to move, I am in the suicide seat, scared guy is to the right and Kelly is in the seat next to the right of him. When they close the doors and say have a good drop, he starts to grab mine and Kelly's legs. We know we are in for an interesting trip.

I guess he has no idea what is going to happen, as we move into the chamber, he starts to grab our arms. When it goes completly dark he starts to scream.

Next thing I now he is full on grabbing onto me and has his head buried into my chest, he is still screaming. Now mind you, I have no small chest and am very a pretty low tank top. So he got a nice view I am sure. But I don't think he had a clue what he was doing. At one point he dropped his head lower so it was on my lap. But raised it again so it was back in my chest and clutched onto me.

He remained this way until right about when the doors reopened, by now his daughter is telling him across me that she wants to ride again. It is now her favorite ride, etc. He says their is absolutely no way I will ride again.

He keeps apologizing to us over and over again after he was safely back on the ground. I don't think his daughter realizes every thing that happened since I was between the two of them. We wanted to buy the picture because I am sure it looked hilarious with him buried in my chest, but they wouldn't even show it on the screen.

In the end we told him that we would take his daughter on again to save him the trauma. She rode again and had an absolute blast. He kept apologizing and thanking us once we all got off the ride. But I am sure he truly didn't want us to see him ever again.

Becky

I almost pee'd my pants reading this!!! How stinking funny!!! :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

I hope you had a good body spray on :rotfl:

Also remind me that I scream out loud, talking to myself and DD, oh god oh god what did I do, oh god .... all the time, I probably scare the newbies more than the ride! I remember my 1st TOT, not knowing when it drops... I was freaking out! That is one ride that is BEST the first time around!! The whole time is sooooo what the ....

now I wanna go back sooo bad!!

itslisa
01-03-2006, 10:23 PM

OMG!!!!
I am ROLLING here just LMAO!!!!

miss missy
01-03-2006, 10:24 PM
How can I look for birds when I keep watching for the drop! LOL

Now ... get this ... DS will happily go on all those rides ... well not RnR anymore. It's a little too fast for him. But he will NOT get on the Maelstrom!!! That troll totally has him freaked out!!!

I dare say though ... this trip may be the last time he wants to do Playhouse Disney. :( I can hope though, right???

Maelstrom what is this? Did I miss it??

itslisa
01-03-2006, 10:24 PM
I hope you had a good body spray on :rotfl:

No doubt!!!

Blueeyes101817
01-03-2006, 10:25 PM

Next thing I now he is full on grabbing onto me and has his head buried into my chest, he is still screaming. Now mind you, I have no small chest and am very a pretty low tank top. So he got a nice view I am sure. But I don't think he had a clue what he was doing. At one point he dropped his head lower so it was on my lap. But raised it again so it was back in my chest and clutched onto me.

Becky

that is soo funny :rotfl:

itslisa
01-03-2006, 10:26 PM

In Epcot -- Norway .... that boat ride????

The movie is scarier that the ride LOL
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/attractionDetail?id=MaelstromAttractionPage&bhcp=1

MinnieMouseMom
01-03-2006, 10:29 PM
LOL so your nick name is "Topper" now!! :rotfl:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Um yeah, I guess so. ;) :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

miss missy
01-03-2006, 10:29 PM
In Epcot -- Norway .... that boat ride????

The movie is scarier that the ride LOL
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/attractionDetail?id=MaelstromAttractionPage&bhcp=1

Oh I went on that this trip for the 1st time! DD hated Norway, says it smelled LOL!! But the ride, I remember the polar bears... the big troll in the shop, have a pic with DD with it becuz she hated that troll! :rotfl:

miss missy
01-03-2006, 10:30 PM
hi everyone--
havent really been able to get on much--this server is busy thing is driving me crazy!

But you better right?

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-03-2006, 10:31 PM
No Teacups for me, ill! The carousel makes me ill, but I did it cuz it was for a DIS meet. But no no spinning for me! I get car sick unless I drive too. I can't sit anywhere, I have to be the driver :confused3
You sound like my DW. She will ride a carousel for our daughter... but not for me! She also gets carsick easily too, unless she drives.. I am not looking forward to the flight down to Florida. I keep threatening to "liquor her up" first. :rotfl:

itslisa
01-03-2006, 10:31 PM
Oh I went on that this trip for the 1st time! DD hated Norway, says it smelled LOL!! But the ride, I remember the polar bears... the big troll in the shop, have a pic with DD with it becuz she hated that troll! :rotfl:

Funny -- Ben took a pic with the troll in the shop .. but was totally freaked out by it just before on the ride!

Blueeyes101817
01-03-2006, 10:32 PM
But you better right?

i feel so much better!!!!! thanks!
i was getting kinda worried, so its about time!

miss missy
01-03-2006, 10:32 PM
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Um yeah, I guess so. ;) :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I just picture your thought process while you are spinning... Topper... ya !

tinknme
01-03-2006, 10:33 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

[QUOTE=ReAnSt]I would be willing to go on TOT with anyone and hold their had, as long as it is not with the guy I rode on with once. But this time I will be sure to wear a t-shirt and long pants.

MinnieMouseMom
01-03-2006, 10:33 PM

Next thing I now he is full on grabbing onto me and has his head buried into my chest, he is still screaming. Now mind you, I have no small chest and am very a pretty low tank top and shorts. So he got a nice view I am sure. But I don't think he had a clue what he was doing. At one point he dropped his head lower so it was in my lap. But raised it again so it was back in my chest and clutched onto me. I had finger nail marks in my arm, for quite a while after this ride.

Becky

:rotfl: :rotfl:

itslisa
01-03-2006, 10:35 PM
i feel so much better!!!!! thanks!
i was getting kinda worried, so its about time!

Well that's good cuz you gotta get packing!!!!!

miss missy
01-03-2006, 10:36 PM
You sound like my DW. She will ride a carousel for our daughter... but not for me! She also gets carsick easily too, unless she drives.. I am not looking forward to the flight down to Florida. I keep threatening to "liquor her up" first. :rotfl:

Hopefully she will be ok. I get very motion sick, but the plane is no bother to me. I did fine!

And ohhh the things we do for the kids!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes

miss missy
01-03-2006, 10:37 PM

maybe a "chest protector" is better for you :rotfl2:

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-03-2006, 10:39 PM
!

And ohhh the things we do for the kids!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes

Ain't that the truth! :earboy2:

Blueeyes101817
01-03-2006, 10:39 PM
Well that's good cuz you gotta get packing!!!!!

scary thing is--im packed!! i packed over the weekend when i was sick because i was so bored but couldnt leave..so my suitcase has been packed and sitting in my room for days!
i am soooo ready to just go!! tomororw i go and get my hair cut and highlighted and then just clean and stuff and were planning on leaving here saturday around 5pm!

MinnieMouseMom
01-03-2006, 10:40 PM
I just picture your thought process while you are spinning... Topper... ya !

:rotfl: :earboy2:

itslisa
01-03-2006, 10:40 PM
Plane = yuck! A necessary evil!!!!

I get my Nasonex and then PRAY! I swear there are DENTS in the arm rests after take-off when I fly!

itslisa
01-03-2006, 10:42 PM
maybe a "chest protector" is better for you :rotfl2:

LOL ... I can see it now .....

"Excuse me sir ... can you remove your face from my cleavage!"

MinnieMouseMom
I can fly with no problem, but spin-y rides drive me crazy! I think that the older I get, the more vertigo issues I have. Even Big Thunder kind of bothered me

miss missy
leaving to drive home... hope the deer stay away from me and my rental! Stupid stinking deer!

MinnieMouseMom
01-03-2006, 10:43 PM
leaving to drive home... hope the deer stay away from me and my rental! Stupid stinking deer!

Drive safe, Missy! :goodvibes

Blueeyes101817
01-03-2006, 10:44 PM

be careful!

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-03-2006, 10:45 PM
Plane = yuck! A necessary evil!!!!

I get my Nasonex and then PRAY! I swear there are DENTS in the arm rests after take-off when I fly!

I only wish there were DENTS on the armrest!

I will be sure to wear long sleeves(a couple of layers) on our trip.. I don't want to have to make a trip to the ER when we land. :rotfl:

ReAnSt
01-03-2006, 10:48 PM

Get her some Bonine or one of the ear patches or Dramamine.

I also had a friend who would get sick and throw up everytime the plane would land, unless whe was extremely well distracted and even that didn't always work. She tried meds and things. Was fine any other time except during the descent and landing.

Becky

Blueeyes101817
01-03-2006, 10:49 PM
deleted

itslisa
01-03-2006, 10:49 PM

Be careful!

I thought you might find this useful ... And yes .. there I'm being a little cheeky here. :)

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/fwt/back_issues/september96/vehiclev.html

From the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources:

Tips for avoiding deer

Because there's no changing a deer's behavior near roads, McAninch offers these tips to drivers to help reduce collisions:

1. Slow down. especially where deer-crossing signs are posted: "I can't tell you how many times I hear reports of collision from people who were in a hurry to go somewhere," McAninch says. If you spot a deer anywhere near a road, immediately decelerate as safely as possible. A standing deer can suddenly panic and dart in any direction. Use your horn to scare the deer away from the road.

2. Drive defensively especially if you see a deer: "Expect the deer to do the unexpected?like run right out in front of your car. And often deer travel in pairs or threes, so if you see one cross the road ahead there's likely another about to come out, too."

3. Be especially wary during spring and fall. In March and April, roadsides have some of the first greenery of the year available to hungry deer. And breeding activity in October and November prompts deer to move around more than usual. Contrary to local lore, there are not more deer along roadsides during deer hunting season. "As many as 100,000 deer are shot in the first few days of the season, and most of the others head for dense cover," says McAninch.

4. Dawn and dusk are dangerous. Low-light hours are when deer are moving most. Nights are especially hazardous because it's hard to see roadside deer until they dash into the headlights.

5. Watch the side of the road, especially near woods. Whitetails regularly travel along river and streambanks or wooded bottomlands?places where motorists usually see deer-crossing signs. While driving in these areas, expand your field of vision beyond the road to see the road ditches and wood edges where deer might be standing.

6. Deer warning gadgets don't work. McAninch says several studies have shown that whistles and other devices attached to vehicles fail to scare or warn deer: "People want to drive 60 miles per hour with some device to scare deer off roadways so they don't have to slow down. It's wishful thinking."

7. Use your lights. Drive with lights on during overcast days and use high beams at night whenever possible. Though headlights from a speeding vehicle tend to confuse whitetails, the reflecting light from their eyes helps drivers to see the animals.

8. Don't dodge a deer only to lose control and smack another vehicle. "Sometimes hitting a whitetail actually turns out to be your best option," says McAninch. "It's not pretty, but it sure beats getting rear-ended or running into a semi."

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-03-2006, 10:51 PM
Get her some Bonine or one of the ear patches or Dramamine.

I also had a friend who would get sick and throw up everytime the plane would land, unless whe was extremely well distracted and even that didn't always work. She tried meds and things. Was fine any other time except during the descent and landing.

Becky
I am hoping that the distraction of watching our daughter will help. This is our first trip flying with her, so that will make my DW nervous enough.

itslisa
01-03-2006, 10:51 PM
deleted

Blueeyes101817
01-03-2006, 10:52 PM
Thank you! We just flipped and are watching too!

they just said that they still have not identified the one person that was found dead,,,they said they are all just waiting..

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-03-2006, 10:53 PM
im watching cNN--i just saw that people are saying that 12 of the miners are found alive!

(family members are saying they were told this--they dont have any "confirmed" reports)
That is GREAT NEWS!

ReAnSt
01-03-2006, 10:53 PM
LOL ... I can see it now .....

"Excuse me sir ... can you remove your face from my cleavage!"

He was so scared, and was completly oblivious to the world around him. I tried to get him off of me and told him to leave me alone but gave up because I don't think there was anything that would have pried him off of me. He snapped out of it once he realized he was safely on the ground. But he was still quite shaken up and so embarrased and apologetic. It was like he was a completly different person. It literally was and is his tower of terror. I am sure he will never ride again.

Becky

MinnieMouseMom
01-03-2006, 10:54 PM
im watching cNN--i just saw that people are saying that 12 of the miners are found alive!

(family members are saying they were told this--they dont have any "confirmed" reports)

I was just coming to post that too. Thank goodness!!

itslisa
01-03-2006, 10:55 PM
I am hoping that the distraction of watching our daughter will help. This is our first trip flying with her, so that will my DW nervous enough.

I was "quietly nervous" when I flew with DS the first time. The trip down wasn't bad ... but the trip home had us on a puddle jumper from NY to NH. (the captain practically passed the drinks back! LOL)

We hit a rough patch and it felt like we were "dropping out of the sky". It kept happening over and over. Ben wasn't quite 4 at the time. He thought it was funny and would giggle. Well, I was nervous and started giggling with him. Soon, he had the whole plane giggling with nervous laughter after each drop. We were ALL so very happy to be back on the ground!

ReAnSt
01-03-2006, 10:57 PM
Be careful!

Tips for avoiding deer

Another thing, in the winter when roads are salted, deer like to stand and lick the salt off of the roads. They think it is one big salt lick. Although lots of places are using other chemicals besides plain old salt these days. When the see a car it panics them and they don't know where to go.

Becky

itslisa
01-03-2006, 10:58 PM
He was so scared, and was completly oblivious to the world around him. <snip> I am sure he will never ride again.

I can understand the terror! My DH kept trying to get Ben on but he was NOT interested. I think the name does it by itself -- cause he won't go on Snow White's Scary Adventures either.

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-03-2006, 10:59 PM
I was "quietly nervous" when I flew with DS the first time. The trip down wasn't bad ... but the trip home had us on a puddle jumper from NY to NH. (the captain practically passed the drinks back! LOL)

We hit a rough patch and it felt like we were "dropping out of the sky". It kept happening over and over. Ben wasn't quite 4 at the time. He thought it was funny and would giggle. Well, I was nervous and started giggling with him. Soon, he had the whole plane giggling with nervous laughter after each drop. We were ALL so very happy to be back on the ground!

DD will be turning 4 on this trip...Thank goodness it is only a 2 hour flight. I also made sure that it was non-stop. DW would never be able to take repeated take-off and landings.

itslisa
01-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Another thing, in the winter when roads are salted, deer like to stand and lick the salt off of the roads. They think it is one big salt lick. Although lots of places are using other chemicals besides plain old salt these days. When the see a car it panics them and they don't know where to go.

SO TRUE!!!
Where are you from that you know so much about deer????

I nearly tagged one this Fall. We have an area down the road where they like to cross (no sign - but locals know) and he just popped out of nowhere. Of course those FL deer, while cute, do not match the size of the New Englanders!

ReAnSt
01-03-2006, 11:00 PM
I am hoping that the distraction of watching our daughter will help. This is our first trip flying with her, so that will make my DW nervous enough.

At least she isn't flying alone and doesn't have a two month old with her. When I was two months old my mother and I flew to Boston from Philadelphia to visit my Dad who was up their on business and to visit family.

Knowing my Mom I can only imagine how badly she was freaking out, as it was a completly new experience for her.

Becky

ReAnSt
01-03-2006, 11:03 PM
SO TRUE!!!
Where are you from that you know so much about deer????

Pennsylvania, we regularly see deer out our back window and they are out and about all over the place, due to loads of construction and loss of woodlands and fields.

Becky

itslisa
01-03-2006, 11:07 PM
Pennsylvania, we regularly see deer out our back window and they are out and about all over the place, due to loads of construction and loss of woodlands and fields.

Us too! We have the bonus of running water down one side of our property ... not far from the house. So, we often see deer in the back yard, side yard, front yard. LOL Ben LOVES to look for tracks after a snowstorm. :)

Blueeyes101817
01-03-2006, 11:07 PM
we get a lot of deer here in jersey too--we used to get alot in our backyard, but havent seen any lately!

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-03-2006, 11:10 PM

Becky
That sounds like my backyard. I hate deer. Lost two vehicles to accidents with them, and one almost ran into DWs new car as we were driving it home from the lot.

I swear one was racing me down the road one morning as I was driving home from work. Everytime I would slow down to let it pass it would just stop, when I would accelerate, so would it.

I swear that Deer was suicidal! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Blueeyes101817
01-03-2006, 11:13 PM
That sounds like my backyard. I hate deer. Lost two vehicles to accidents with them, and one almost ran into DWs new car as we were driving it home from the lot.

I swear one was racing me down the road one morning as I was driving home from work. Everytime I would slow down to let it pass it would just stop, when I would accelerate, so would it.

ive had a deer do that to me!! i had the kids that i babysit for in my car and the older one said "ms jen, theres a deer" so i slow down so they coululd see the deer (no one on the road!) and the deer stopped..when i started again, the deer went...the kids thoguht it was so funny and i kept thinking DO NOT HIT MY CAR!

itslisa
01-03-2006, 11:16 PM

I haven't ad that happen yet -- but after the description from you and Jen -- I'll be on the look-out!!!! I usually see the running across the nose of my car.

Blueeyes101817
01-03-2006, 11:18 PM
lisa-be afraid of the deer!!!

Blueeyes101817
01-03-2006, 11:20 PM
im now addicted to cnn--cant shut it off--but they said that the miners are apparently in good enough condition that they are allowing them to go to the church to see their families

itslisa
01-03-2006, 11:20 PM
lisa-be afraid of the deer!!!

LOL I am! I don't want the bills to fix my car!

Around here though, we have suicidal chipmucks! I don't GET it! They run out RIGHT in front of the car!!! DH tells me to just keep going .. but I see their little faces and it's like running over Chip or Dale!!!!

ETA: But I could use the Bambi Burgers (sorry!)

Blueeyes101817
01-03-2006, 11:22 PM
my mom SWEARS the birds here are suicidal..
she says she does not hit them with her car--they fly into her car!

Blueeyes101817
01-03-2006, 11:23 PM
and we have plenty of bambi burgers in my freezer--
ewwwwww--dad and my brother love them

itslisa
01-03-2006, 11:23 PM

I totally had this happen to me!!!

A bird took off and hit one of the side windows when we were on the highway! I thought I got hit with a baseball!!!!!

itslisa
01-03-2006, 11:24 PM
and we have plenty of bambi burgers in my freezer--
ewwwwww--dad and my brother love them

Bambi burgers are OK .... the roasts are better ... when made correctly. My Uncle hunts. He lives in FL but flies up to ME for hunting season.

Blueeyes101817
01-03-2006, 11:24 PM
Lisa--i keep telling my mom shes crazy!! but i think she may be right..i was in her car with her and one just flew right into the windshield!

itslisa
01-03-2006, 11:26 PM
Lisa--i keep telling my mom shes crazy!! but i think she may be right..i was in her car with her and one just flew right into the windshield!

I guess some of us just attract suicidal wildlife! :rotfl:

Blueeyes101817
01-03-2006, 11:27 PM
Lisa--if thats what you want to call it!! haha..
i keep making fun of my mom-so i wont tell her it happens to others!!

by the way-i think me and you are having our own little posting party!

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-03-2006, 11:32 PM
Bambi burgers are OK .... the roasts are better ... when made correctly. My Uncle hunts. He lives in FL but flies up to ME for hunting season.

This reminds me of my SILs famly... They are big on hunting... If we are over there for dinner, we always say "We are not eating Bambi's mother or father are we?"... She knows that we don't like deer meat, but insists that we won't be able to tell the difference. Sorry... but there is a difference IMHO.

Finally, she knows not to prepare it anymore... and saves the grocers packaging to prove that it actually is not.

ReAnSt
01-03-2006, 11:32 PM

Here they fly into windows on the house quite often.

Becky

Blueeyes101817
01-03-2006, 11:33 PM
This reminds me of my SILs famly... They are big on hunting... If we are over there for dinner, we always say "We are not eating Bambi's mother or father are we?"... She knows that we don't like deer meat, but insists that we won't be able to tell the difference. Sorry... but there is a difference IMHO.

Finally, she knows not to prepare it anymore... and saves the grocers packaging to prove that it actually is not.

that happens here too....my dad and brother swear we wont know, but my mom and i made them promise they would never try to trick us..i admit , i do check the labels to make sure

Blueeyes101817
01-03-2006, 11:34 PM
Here they fly into windows on the house quite often.

Becky

back in february, i was in disney with the kids i babysit and we were eating in restaurantosaurus (i knwo i spelled that wrong) and the same bird flew into the window the whole time we were eating breakfast..the kids thought it was fake!

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-03-2006, 11:36 PM

I am at an unfair advantage... I type really slowly and can't keep up with you all! :earboy2:

itslisa
01-03-2006, 11:36 PM

I know ... I think Miss Missy went home (works late) and the others got sick of the server problems. Sadly ... my bed is calling me! it's 12:35am here ... and I have a little boy to get off to school in the morning.

LOL -- see that got 'em posting!

PrincessLeighsDaddy I agree it does taste different. Who do they think they are fooling! ???

OK ... I'm off! Everyone have a sleep!

Blueeyes101817
01-03-2006, 11:37 PM
nite lisa

princessleighsdaddy--glad your sill here...i cant sleep and it would get boring talking to myself!

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-03-2006, 11:38 PM
good night Lisa. I am off to get my "Beauty Sleep" too. But I would have to be Rip Van Winkle to do me any good. :rotfl:

ReAnSt
01-03-2006, 11:39 PM
nite lisa

princessleighsdaddy--glad your sill here...i cant sleep and it would get boring talking to myself!

What you don't like talking to yourself.

Becky

itslisa
01-03-2006, 11:39 PM
I am at an unfair advantage... I type really slowly and can't keep up with you all! :earboy2:

Just in case you're interested .....

http://www.typingtutor.net/

http://www.alfatyping.com/

We can look up some links for ironing too if you need them! :rotfl: OK .. really have to SLEEP!

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-03-2006, 11:40 PM

We can look up some links for ironing too if you need them! :rotfl: OK .. really have to SLEEP!
Ha..Ha... very funny.... :rotfl:

Blueeyes101817
01-03-2006, 11:40 PM
What you don't like talking to yourself.

Becky

well i do it often , but then people think im crazy!!

are you leaving and going to bed too?! haha

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-03-2006, 11:50 PM
Hey I just noticed. Just under 30 days and I will be in Disney World!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Blueeyes101817
01-03-2006, 11:51 PM
Hey I just noticed. Just under 30 days and I will be in Disney World!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

woohoo!!! thats exciting!!!

ReAnSt
01-03-2006, 11:53 PM

No we need to find him the program I used to use in school. It had a car that drove around a track and it put words on it around the track, you needed to type the words before the car got to the word, in order to get new words. It was more fun than those.

I used to be so much better at typing. But I am still pretty good. It is something that I should work on. My accuracy is horrible so I am always going back and correcting as I go since my fingers can't seem to find the keys all the time.

Becky

Apparently I can't type my message in the middle of the quote because than I need to type 5 characters or my message is to short.

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-03-2006, 11:54 PM
Happy Dance.... Happy Dance... Happy Dance...

Now...Hopefully all my planning and research will pay off.

:earboy2:

ReAnSt
01-03-2006, 11:54 PM
well i do it often , but then people think im crazy!!

are you leaving and going to bed too?! haha

Eventually, I must go to bed.

Becky

Urgh: Now I am posting to many messages. I don't think the computer likes me tonight, I am breaking so many rules. :badpc:

Blueeyes101817
01-03-2006, 11:55 PM
becky--dont sleep! hahahaha..

between too many messages and the server is busy--this website is annoying me tonight!!

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-03-2006, 11:59 PM
No we need to find him the program I used to use in school. It had a car that drove around a track and it put words on it around the track, you needed to type the words before the car got to the word, in order to get new words. It was more fun than those.

I used to be so much better at typing. But I am still pretty good. It is something that I should work on. My accuracy is horrible so I am always going back and correcting as I go since my fingers can't seem to find the keys all the time.

Becky

Apparently I can't type my message in the middle of the quote because than I need to type 5 characters or my message is to short.

I think my problem is the words in my brain are going much faster than my fingers...and by the time it reaches my fingers I forgot what I was going to type anyway :rotfl:

ReAnSt
becky--dont sleep! hahahaha..

between too many messages and the server is busy--this website is annoying me tonight!!

It has been behaving much better for me now, than it was earlier. I couldn't do anything. But now that I have posted this it will start giving me the server is down messages again.

Becky

Blueeyes101817
I think my problem is the words in my brain are going much faster than my fingers...and by the time it reaches my fingers I forgot what I was going to type anyway :rotfl:

excuses , excuses!!

(not picking on you! my dad says the same thing!)

Blueeyes101817
01-04-2006, 12:00 AM
It has been behaving much better for me now, than it was earlier. I couldn't do anything. But now that I have posted this it will start giving me the server is down messages again.

Becky

i havent ogtten the server busy thing in an hour or so--i guess most people are sleeping at 1am?! haha

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-04-2006, 12:02 AM
[QUOTE=Blueeyes101817]excuses , excuses!!

(not picking on you! my dad says the same thing!)[/QUOTE

Yeah... I think my hands have alzheimers! :rolleyes1

ReAnSt
01-04-2006, 12:03 AM
i havent ogtten the server busy thing in an hour or so--i guess most people are sleeping at 1am?! haha

Sleep is for the weak, next week.

Although it is not that late on the West Coast, I wonder where everyone is.

Becky

Blueeyes101817
01-04-2006, 12:04 AM
Thats true becky--people should be on here!!

Now, i should be in bed--i gotta get up at 730 tomorrow and its already 110 here haha

Blueeyes101817
01-04-2006, 12:05 AM
[QUOTE=Blueeyes101817]excuses , excuses!!

(not picking on you! my dad says the same thing!)[/QUOTE

Yeah... I think my hands have alzheimers! :rolleyes1

well, that excuse works...for now!!!

my3princes
01-04-2006, 12:05 AM

Amy and Kevin that is awesome. That is the most comforting feeling in the world.

Deb

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-04-2006, 12:06 AM
[QUOTE=PrincessLeighsDaddy]

well, that excuse works...for now!!!

That's my story... and I stickin' to it!

Blueeyes101817
01-04-2006, 12:07 AM
princessleighsdaddy--ill let you go with taht excuse for now haha

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-04-2006, 12:12 AM
Well. I need to get to bed. The bags under my eyes have carry-on luggage :earseek: :earseek:

Blueeyes101817
01-04-2006, 12:12 AM
Goodnight princessleighsdaddy!

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-04-2006, 12:14 AM
Good night Jen... BTW you can call me Tom... alot easier to type.. Oh... I forgot... I am the one who is typing challenged. :rotfl: So type away...

Eeyorecln
01-04-2006, 12:15 AM

How exciting. :goodvibes

Blueeyes101817
01-04-2006, 12:15 AM
WHEW--i kept messing up typing that, but i didnt know your first name!! much easier--night tom!

miss missy
01-04-2006, 12:19 AM
DD will be turning 4 on this trip...Thank goodness it is only a 2 hour flight. I also made sure that it was non-stop. DW would never be able to take repeated take-off and landings.

Take offs are the best part.... so fast YAY!

ReAnSt
01-04-2006, 12:19 AM
Good night Tom.

Becky

Blueeyes101817
01-04-2006, 12:20 AM
Take offs are the best part.... so fast YAY!

hey! you made it home! no deer?

miss missy
01-04-2006, 12:20 AM

Becky

Same where we live... new houses pushing them out with no where to go! Sad!

miss missy
01-04-2006, 12:22 AM

We are even! Two ran into me across the highway, both times they were flying in the air! Hence my car in the shop from the last... see my tag from the tag fairy!

Blueeyes101817
01-04-2006, 12:26 AM
We are even! Two ran into me across the highway, both times they were flying in the air! Hence my car in the shop from the last... see my tag from the tag fairy!

o geez!!!

miss missy
01-04-2006, 12:27 AM
I totally had this happen to me!!!

A bird took off and hit one of the side windows when we were on the highway! I thought I got hit with a baseball!!!!!

Great, now I am picturing that guy, umm the actor, oh Fabio who got a bird in the face on a rollercoaster... sorry but that way kinda funny!

miss missy
01-04-2006, 12:29 AM

DH hunts, ick! I dont go near the stuff, more for him! And he got a deer the same day I got hit!! Stupid deer $#$#^$% cost me mega bucks between the both!! Oh did I say STUPID DEER!!!!!!!!!!!

Blueeyes101817
01-04-2006, 12:30 AM
DH hunts, ick! I dont go near the stuff, more for him! And he got a deer the same day I got hit!! Stupid deer $#$#^$% cost me mega bucks between the both!! Oh did I say STUPID DEER!!!!!!!!!!!

talk about timing!

miss missy
01-04-2006, 12:31 AM
Happy Dance.... Happy Dance... Happy Dance...

Now...Hopefully all my planning and research will pay off.

:earboy2:

Oh it will! I am sooo jealous!

miss missy
01-04-2006, 12:32 AM

Hey thats my problem!

miss missy
01-04-2006, 12:33 AM
[QUOTE=Blueeyes101817]

That's my story... and I stickin' to it!

Oh my that is my DH's line! You are starting to freak me out now!

Blueeyes101817
01-04-2006, 12:34 AM
[QUOTE=PrincessLeighsDaddy]

Oh my that is my DH's line! You are starting to freak me out now!

haha...i still told him it was excuses :)

miss missy
01-04-2006, 12:34 AM
hey! you made it home! no deer?

No deer tonight! Thank the good lord!

Blueeyes101817
01-04-2006, 12:35 AM

uneventful ride home! im glad!

miss missy
01-04-2006, 12:35 AM
[QUOTE=miss missy]

haha...i still told him it was excuses :)

I gotta scan the stick my sis gave me from Bambi for a xmas present... funny but man she knows how to slam a girl LOL I'll scan it tmo!

Blueeyes101817
01-04-2006, 12:36 AM
i think everyone else went to sleep..its only almost 2am haha

ReAnSt

Thats good, hopefully they avoid all of the Dis members and their families.

Becky

miss missy
No server problems now LOL no one is up! Now watch, in the am, there will be a 100 pages lol

Blueeyes101817
01-04-2006, 12:37 AM

Becky

i havent seen any in awhile, but htey need to stay away from my car hahahaha

miss missy
01-04-2006, 12:38 AM
And I got 2 deer heads on the wall already in the big room, we do not need anymore !!! When will DH get that LOL!!

Someone told me their DD was looking on the back side on a wall that had a deer mounted, she was looking for the other half of the body :rotfl:

Blueeyes101817
01-04-2006, 12:39 AM
And I got 2 deer heads on the wall already in the big room, we do not need anymore !!! When will DH get that LOL!!

Someone told me their DD was looking on the back side on a wall that had a deer mounted, she was looking for the other half of the body :rotfl:

hahahahhaha..so funny!

miss missy
01-04-2006, 12:39 AM
And one year, at xmas. me and DD put a red nose on one of DH deers, he didnt think it was funny and told me to "not disrespect the deer like that", ummm darling, you killed it and hung it on a wall !!!!!!!! :rotfl2:

Blueeyes101817
01-04-2006, 12:41 AM
And one year, at xmas. me and DD put a red nose on one of DH deers, he didnt think it was funny and told me to "not disrespect the deer like that", ummm darling, you killed it and hung it on a wall !!!!!!!! :rotfl2:

:rotfl: thats something my family friend would say! He hunts and thinks its the best...he cracks me up!

miss missy
01-04-2006, 12:41 AM

Becky

Yes, its no fun... NO NO fun, they do kill people in cars! It's scary!

miss missy
01-04-2006, 12:42 AM
And a girl I know told me how she hates hunting... so when she was lil, she went outside and pee'd all over the yard so her uncle wouldn't get one :rotfl:

ReAnSt
01-04-2006, 12:43 AM

That is too cute, like it ran through the building.

Becky

miss missy
01-04-2006, 12:44 AM
That is too cute, like it ran through the building.

Becky

ya she didnt get it. guess that mount came out real good, she thought it was alive!

Blueeyes101817
01-04-2006, 12:46 AM
alright, im giving up! its almost 2--so i need to sleep! see you guys tomorrow

miss missy
01-04-2006, 12:47 AM
oh one more thing...

ReAnSt
01-04-2006, 12:48 AM
alright, im giving up! its almost 2--so i need to sleep! see you guys tomorrow

Good night Jen, But please don't give up. :rotfl2:

Becky

miss missy
01-04-2006, 12:48 AM

Becky

Becky.... this is for you put on that TOT face :rotfl:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c98/MissMissy-555/protector.jpg

Eeyorecln
01-04-2006, 12:56 AM

My dear dad totaled 3 cars (1 of them mine) running into deer. They get pretty thick in rural IA. I have never hit 1 luckily, but I gave him a hard time about my car. :teeth:

miss missy
01-04-2006, 12:58 AM
My dear dad totaled 3 cars (1 of them mine) running into deer. They get pretty thick in rural IA. I have never hit 1 luckily, but I gave him a hard time about my car. :teeth:

well he beats Tom and I.. we are at 2!

One of the times I had my brothers car, of course, murphy's law!

miss missy
01-04-2006, 12:59 AM
bed time... night nite

bethbuchall
01-04-2006, 06:16 AM
Any other rides that you just won't do? I usualy like rollercoasters, but, the older I get, not so much anymore!

If you have problems with motion sickness, you may want to think twice about Mission:Space. Dd, ds, and I were fine, but dh was completely out of commission for about 3 hours after we went on. He followed all directions and had taken his Bonine, but it was just too much for him. He felt sick to his stomach and had a terrible headache. He pretty much sat on a bench for 3 hours before he started moving around again.

Beth

bethbuchall
01-04-2006, 06:21 AM

This has probably been answered by now, but just in case...

It's the ride in Norway. It's a cute boat type ride.

Beth

Tammi67
01-04-2006, 06:25 AM
He was in trial. I know he was disappointed he missed it. He got to hear it last month though. :goodvibes

Alyssa could have cared a less...she was too busy eating her fruit snacks. :rotfl:

The best news was, I didn't gain any weight! Of course, I have been pretty sick over the past three weeks, so I didn't really pig out this holiday season. :teeth:

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone!
How far along are you? You need a ticker in your sig that tells us how "old" Baby is. ;)

bethbuchall
01-04-2006, 06:26 AM
I can fly with no problem, but spin-y rides drive me crazy! I think that the older I get, the more vertigo issues I have. Even Big Thunder kind of bothered me

Dh is noticing that it seems to be getting worse with age, too. He had to leave our meal at the Garden Grill last trip (and that spins very slowly).

Beth

bethbuchall
01-04-2006, 06:29 AM

Knowing what I know this morning, this makes me sad. My prayers are with all involved.

Beth

Edited to say: I'm not sad that Jen posted, I'm just sad that there was a miscommunication and all those people thought that their loved ones were safe before getting the horrible news.

Tammi67
01-04-2006, 06:53 AM

Becky
Are you sure this guy wasn't just a weirdo??? :rotfl: What a good ploy though, if you are trying to get a cheap thrill!!

Blueeyes101817
01-04-2006, 07:04 AM
Good night Jen, But please don't give up. :rotfl2:

Becky

hahahahah becky!

Blueeyes101817
01-04-2006, 07:04 AM
Knowing what I know this morning, this makes me sad. My prayers are with all involved.

Beth

i woke up this morning and i told my mom that i watched till 230 and they were alive..and she just told me to turn the news on--i was shocked!

Blueeyes101817
01-04-2006, 07:07 AM
okay guys--i promised i would post all my grades when i got them, and they are FINALLY in!

Math-B+
Sociology of education-A-
Classical Sociological Theory-B
Statistics-A-
Growth and learning-A
Language Development-B+
So my GPA for this semester is 3.489 and my GPA f or all semester was 3.414..im quite happy!!!

thanks for letting me share!

bethbuchall
01-04-2006, 07:08 AM
i woke up this morning and i told my mom that i watched till 230 and they were alive..and she just told me to turn the news on--i was shocked!

Jen, I edited my message, because I didn't want you to think that I was upset by your post. It was just knowing that those family members were told that they were alive and then had extra heartbreak when they found out that they weren't.

Beth

bethbuchall
01-04-2006, 07:09 AM
okay guys--i promised i would post all my grades when i got them, and they are FINALLY in!

Math-B+
Statistics-A-
Growth and learning-A
Language Development-B+
So my GPA for this semester is 3.489 and my GPA f or all semester was 3.414..im quite happy!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Beth

itslisa
01-04-2006, 07:09 AM

Now THERE'S a guy program for ya! LOL

Fits right in with your tag line too!

itslisa
01-04-2006, 07:13 AM
Great, now I am picturing that guy, umm the actor, oh Fabio who got a bird in the face on a rollercoaster... sorry but that way kinda funny!

I never heard that! Trapped in all that hair! LOL

Blueeyes101817
01-04-2006, 07:14 AM
Jen, I edited my message, because I didn't want you to think that I was upset by your post. It was just knowing that those family members were told that they were alive and then had extra heartbreak when they found out that they weren't.

Beth

Beth-after i read your post, i completely understand and went and deleted the message from last night----i knew you werent upset,,but it just made me figure to delete the other one!

:sunny:

itslisa

I remember that now!

Tammi67

Math-B+
Statistics-A-
Growth and learning-A
Language Development-B+

Excellent, Jen! Congratulations.:banana:

itslisa
01-04-2006, 07:15 AM

Hooray! cause if so, we would have had to put antlers on the front of your car! :)

Tammi67
01-04-2006, 07:16 AM
Hey Kate, you and I are gonna have a little friendly rivalry this weekend. Your Bengals play my Steelers! I think it's going to be a good game.

itslisa
01-04-2006, 07:17 AM

OMG! that is TOO funny!!!!

And I am so NOT into the deer hear on the wall thing .....

itslisa
01-04-2006, 07:17 AM

I'm with you! Heck they do it in Disney. :)

itslisa
01-04-2006, 07:18 AM
And a girl I know told me how she hates hunting... so when she was lil, she went outside and pee'd all over the yard so her uncle wouldn't get one :rotfl:

Hopefully not in winter! BRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

itslisa
01-04-2006, 07:19 AM
Becky.... this is for you put on that TOT face :rotfl:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c98/MissMissy-555/protector.jpg

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

itslisa
01-04-2006, 07:20 AM
How far along are you? You need a ticker in your sig that tells us how "old" Baby is. ;)

I second that motion!!!!

itslisa
01-04-2006, 07:22 AM

What terrible, terrible news. What a cruel series of events ....

itslisa
01-04-2006, 07:23 AM

Math-B+
Statistics-A-
Growth and learning-A
Language Development-B+

Great job! All those credits AND holding down a job??? Great work!

Tammi67
01-04-2006, 07:28 AM
Thoughts and prayers going out to the families of those found dead in WV.

:grouphug: :rose:

Blueeyes101817
01-04-2006, 07:28 AM
Great job! All those credits AND holding down a job??? Great work!

thanks everyone--i swear im not bragging--no one is home and i am so excited..i worked like crazy this semester to be able to get these grades!!
so sorry if it came off bragging!

tink2020
01-04-2006, 08:27 AM

:rotfl:

tink2020
01-04-2006, 08:29 AM

My MIL hit 3 as well. 2 of them were with the same vehicle (2nd time it was totaled), so we started giving her a hard time then and telling her it's a good thing the vehicle was gone. Within a month or two of having the new car, she hit another! :earseek: My sister in law has hit 2.... must run in the family (although DH hasn't, knock on wood) :rotfl:

tink2020
01-04-2006, 08:31 AM

Beth

Edited to say: I'm not sad that Jen posted, I'm just sad that there was a miscommunication and all those people thought that their loved ones were safe before getting the horrible news.

Definitely ... what a horrible "miscommunication" :sad2: :guilty:

tink2020
01-04-2006, 08:35 AM
Hey Kate, you and I are gonna have a little friendly rivalry this weekend. Your Bengals play my Steelers! I think it's going to be a good game.

Ugh. I DREAD these games, every time they come up. Last year it wasn't so bad because the Bengals didn't have a chance for the playoffs.... but this year I think I'll get a half and half jersey. (Don't kill me, Kate! :goodvibes ) It's been AGES since the Bengals went to the playoffs, so I have to pull for them..... but it broke my heart last year when Ben played so terribly! He is the sweetest guy, and my whole family (and DH's family) was stoked last year to watch him do so well! I about died on draft day when he went to the Steelers, being from Cincinnati :rotfl: I guess it's really a win-win situation for me :goodvibes

macntosh
01-04-2006, 08:40 AM
Morning Strangers!

Just thought I would pop in and say hello. I have backed up and become a lurker, because seeing this place let's me know how much I miss not being at Disney.

My wife has told me we need to plan another trip since she was so ill on the last one and I don't think a day goes by that Mya doesn't say "Daddy, when are we going to ride the Teapots again"

So I guess it's time to save that pocket change and see what specials come up. I did just purchase 100 pins for trading, so that's a start. That pin trading was addictive!

Hope all of you are doing well!

p.s. Today is my wife and my Nineth Year Wedding Anniversary. :sunny: Wow time flys!

Oh I almost forgot, congrats Alabama, you beat my Alma Mater. I was in shock standing there watching that knuckle ball go over the post. Your fan's were quite pleasant however.

my2boys1821
01-04-2006, 08:49 AM
For some reason I cannot see your images but I see everyone elses. Could you post them again for me? I would love some ideas for our upcoming trip this summer. Thanks so much in advance!

dumby
01-04-2006, 08:49 AM

Math-B+
Statistics-A-
Growth and learning-A
Language Development-B+

Great job.

tinknme
01-04-2006, 08:50 AM
:cheer2: :cheer2:

Math-B+
Statistics-A-
Growth and learning-A
Language Development-B+

dumby
01-04-2006, 08:53 AM
thanks everyone--i swear im not bragging--no one is home and i am so excited..i worked like crazy this semester to be able to get these grades!!

Sometimes it is okay to brag. You deserve it. Way to go.

ReAnSt
01-04-2006, 08:54 AM
Are you sure this guy wasn't just a weirdo??? :rotfl: What a good ploy though, if you are trying to get a cheap thrill!!

I thought that after it happened, but just the way he was talking before the ride and the look of fear on his face, I truly think he was very scared. He kept telling his daughter he didn't want to ride, but she really, really, really wanted to ride and they wouldn't let her on the ride without an adult, so he sucked it up and rode it, but never again.

Becky

tinknme
01-04-2006, 08:56 AM
Welcome back! I love your new picture, your family is beautiful :goodvibes

[QUOTE=macntosh]Morning Strangers!

Just thought I would pop in and say hello. I have backed up and become a lurker, because seeing this place let's me know how much I miss not being at Disney.

dumby
01-04-2006, 08:58 AM
Morning Strangers!

My wife has told me we need to plan another trip since she was so ill on the last one and I don't think a day goes by that Mya doesn't say "Daddy, when are we going to ride the Teapots again"

So I guess it's time to save that pocket change and see what specials come up. I did just purchase 100 pins for trading, so that's a start. That pin trading was addictive!

p.s. Today is my wife and my Nineth Year Wedding Anniversary. :sunny: Wow time flys!

Oh I almost forgot, congrats Alabama, you beat my Alma Mater. I was in shock standing there watching that knuckle ball go over the post. Your fan's were quite pleasant however.

Hi! We missed you. I agree with you wife you need to go ahead and plan another trip. BTW your daughter favors your wife, as I am sure you already know.

Tammi67
01-04-2006, 08:59 AM
Ugh. I DREAD these games, every time they come up. Last year it wasn't so bad because the Bengals didn't have a chance for the playoffs.... but this year I think I'll get a half and half jersey. (Don't kill me, Kate! :goodvibes ) It's been AGES since the Bengals went to the playoffs, so I have to pull for them..... but it broke my heart last year when Ben played so terribly! He is the sweetest guy, and my whole family (and DH's family) was stoked last year to watch him do so well! I about died on draft day when he went to the Steelers, being from Cincinnati :rotfl: I guess it's really a win-win situation for me :goodvibes
You sound like you know him personally. Do you? My dad got both my kids Rothlisberger jersies last year, so we are set.

tink2020
01-04-2006, 09:00 AM
Morning Strangers!

WELCOME BACK! Thanks for checking in, and I'm glad you're still tagging along! Happy Anniversary! And the photo of your family in your signature is beautiful! :goodvibes

Tammi67
01-04-2006, 09:02 AM
Morning Strangers!

Hey Mac! We have missed you. I always say, the best thing to get yourself out of a post-Disney funk is to plan another trip. Happy Anniversary! Here's to many more. What are you doing to celebrate?

I love the pic in your sig. Your family is beautiful.

ReAnSt
01-04-2006, 09:06 AM
Happy Anniversary to Macntosh and your wife.

Becky

tink2020
01-04-2006, 09:08 AM
You sound like you know him personally. Do you? My dad got both my kids Rothlisberger jersies last year, so we are set.

We actually do, a few times over. :blush: DH grew up in a small town near Findlay, and their families know each other to some extent (everyone in rural NW Ohio knows each other :rotfl: ).

Then, first semester freshman year in college Ben and I were in a small group together and hung out from there. We were also both pre-med (at least at that point), so we pretty much stuck to the same circuits (socially and some classes) until he left after our Junior year.

Before anyone asks for box seats, I don't have those :rolleyes: We aren't close enough to chat daily, I've never been to his (giant) new house, etc. But if we're at the same function he knows Kyle and I and still comes to chat for a minute. He's definately a class act guy. :goodvibes

Tammi67
01-04-2006, 09:17 AM
We actually do, a few times over. :blush: DH grew up in a small town near Findlay, and their families know each other to some extent (everyone in rural NW Ohio knows each other :rotfl: ).

Then, first semester freshman year in college Ben and I were in a small group together and hung out from there. We were also both pre-med (at least at that point), so we pretty much stuck to the same circuits (socially and some classes) until he left after our Junior year.

Before anyone asks for box seats, I don't have those :rolleyes: We aren't close enough to chat daily, I've never been to his (giant) new house, etc. But if we're at the same function he knows Kyle and I and still comes to chat for a minute. He's definately a class act guy. :goodvibes
Hey, I will settle for nose-bleed seats!!

Boy, first Glynis, and now you....who else has socialized with celebrities?

lmartin2711
01-04-2006, 09:20 AM
Morning Strangers!

Thanks for popping in for a visit. I have missed seeing pictures of Mya on your siggie. You have a beautiful family. Congrats on the wedding anniversary. How about them DAWGS.....did you stay up for that one. They finally came alive in the 2nd quarter but it was to late. I was upset but oh well.

Lynn

itslisa
01-04-2006, 09:27 AM

In my book, you ARE allowed to brag!
I don't think anyne thought you slept through classes ... and skipped homework here. ;)
Hard work goes into good grades! That's why we don't get grades, we earn grades.

bengalbelle
01-04-2006, 10:11 AM
Morning Strangers!

What a great family picture!
It's good to see you again, and Happy Anniversary!

Tammi67
01-04-2006, 10:17 AM
Where is everyone? It is awfully slow today.

tinker1bell
01-04-2006, 10:22 AM
Morning Strangers!

Mac,
Nice to see you.
Happy Anniversary :cheer2:
Love your picture

lmartin2711
01-04-2006, 10:34 AM
Where is everyone? It is awfully slow today.

Everyone is a lot chattier at night after 11pm when I am in bed asleep. Now that work has slowed down I keep checking back and refreshing my page and it is still quiet.

Lynn

macntosh
01-04-2006, 10:35 AM
Thanks all for the kind words. Well I have taken the plunge and started planning, don't know when or how it will be paid for, but you got to start somewhere. What's New Year's Eve like at Disney?

We celebrated our Honeymoon at Disney and maybe we could get New Year's eve and our Tenth Anniversary togethor.

miss missy
01-04-2006, 10:37 AM

Math-B+
Statistics-A-
Growth and learning-A
Language Development-B+

Great job!! You should be proud of yourself!! :goodvibes

MinnieMouseMom
01-04-2006, 10:41 AM

Math-B+
Statistics-A-
Growth and learning-A
Language Development-B+

Congratulations!!! :cheer2:

MinnieMouseMom
01-04-2006, 10:42 AM
Morning Strangers!

Happy Anniversary!!! :love:

miss missy
01-04-2006, 10:44 AM
Thanks all for the kind words. Well I have taken the plunge and started planning, don't know when or how it will be paid for, but you got to start somewhere. What's New Year's Eve like at Disney?

We celebrated our Honeymoon at Disney and maybe we could get New Year's eve and our Tenth Anniversary togethor.

Happy Anniversary Mr and Mrs Mac!!

I was there New Years 2005. I didn't go to MK, heard it was sooo crowded... but I went to DTD and had a blast! Then after the 2nd, everyone left and it was quiet. Perfect weather too!!!