PDA

View Full Version : ***Disney Design Addict's Chit Chat,Designs and Pixie Dust! Everybody WELCOME!*** Part 5

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 08:39 PM
If you don't frame it, and you cut it out square, it will look like this. I used a corner-rounder from my scapbooking stuff so I didn't have pointy corners.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/tammi67/WDW%20December%202005/Day%20Three%20AK%20and%20MGM/048.jpg

ETA: Nevermind, as I read further I saw that you got the bordering thing down.

Great picture, Tammi. and I'll have to remember that tip. Good idea.

Blueeyes101817
01-02-2006, 08:40 PM
Is anything good on tv tonight? im sitting here waatching amazing race reruns!

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 08:41 PM
Denise --

ROLL TIDE!! My DH and DS6 are there trying to scalp tickets. I'll let you know if they get in....

I know he's hating doing this, as he gave away our tickets three weeks ago! What a nice daddy to do this so DS can spend time with his best friend who no longer goes to his school. I'm a very lucky girl....

marci,

ROLL TIDE! What a great game. Hope they got in. BTW, do you know what the "L" sign is for that the Texas Tech fans kept doing?

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 08:43 PM
[QUOTE=triplefigs]Ok, does everyone have their black eyed peas, collard greens, cornbread, and ham ready for tomorrow? Can't have New Years in the South without those foods. I've got mine simmering on the stove.

QUOTE]
I ate my black eye peas and ham but forget the collard greens

We ate ham, black eyed peas, collard greens, and cornbread. YUMMY! Hope it brings us luck.

tinker1bell
01-02-2006, 08:43 PM
i am sitting here watching a movie on Lifetime. Should be watching football but I am saving my excitement for tomorrow to watch Penn State

Go Lions :cheer2: :cheer2:

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 08:44 PM
Guess what?! You all are going to be costing me an extra 30 bucks a month! That's right, I finally am getting a cable connection. YIPPEE! The Cable Guy is coming on the 13th to install the modem and hook everything up. Now maybe it won't take me so long to read through all of our chattiness. Now I just have to keep saving for the laptop I want.....about a thousand more to go...:(

Yea, Tammi!

Blueeyes101817
oo lifetime movies are always good

KMH1
Two more thank you notes to go...we started with 23!!! I'm looking forward to the day Alyssa gets to help out. :goodvibes

Amy :)

Blueeyes101817
01-02-2006, 08:45 PM
amy--almost done those notes!! thats awesome!

triplefigs
Good Thing she lives 600 miles away or I would have to BEAT HER DOWN!!!!!!!! :rotfl2:

I just got on and thought this says I was on at 2:00am!!! No way, I was in Bed by 9 and she knew it since she called me!!!!!

Sad thing is...I don't know if I know how to change it!! You saw my sad little signature!!!!!!

THIS MEANS WAR!!!!! (And maybe I need to change my password????)

Sorry, Nancy. Kate's good at that. I had LSU cheerleaders as my children suddenly one day... although I thought both of yours were cute! ;)

legalslave
My dish network has cancelled Lifetime until they can get the price down! I really like Lifetime!

bengalbelle
Two more thank you notes to go...we started with 23!!! I'm looking forward to the day Alyssa gets to help out. :goodvibes

What are you writing thank you notes for?

KMH1
01-02-2006, 08:46 PM
The server is so slow...is this 22,000?

triplefigs
Thanks marcij!! We will do our best - I know at the very least I'll lose my voice!

Hook'em!!!!

Go, TEXAS!!! And have fun at DL!

legalslave
:rotfl2: Denise - you got 22000!! How many does that make? Are you trying for a milestone record? :rotfl2:

Blueeyes101817
hey denise got 22000!

KMH1
The server is so slow...is this 22,000?

Denise got it again!!!! :cheer2:

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 08:47 PM
awe... but you DO need to get better! Get to the DR's, it wont hurt to confirm no infection, look at Denise, she got sicker as time went after thinking she was better. Be careful girlie!

Yes, go to the doctor! don't be like me! ;)

ReAnSt
01-02-2006, 08:48 PM
Does anyone else have this problem....a child that cannot play by themselves, or use their imagination and play with toys? I love my son dearly but sometimes it drives me nuts that he has to constanly be entertained. If it isn't a video or computer game, it doesn't get played with. He just had a birthday, plus Christmas, and got power ranger figures and cars and stuff, and they sit there. It's always "mommy can we do this or mommy can we do that". I don't know if it is a first-born thing (always had my attention) or a boy thing, a combo, or not related at all. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Maybe try to do things that will promote him to play on his own. Such as gather up a bag of items set at timer for 10 to 20 minutes when the timer goes off he is able to show you what he came up with. You could do a bag where he has to build something-blocks, cars legos, duplos, play dough, deck of cards, etc, one where he has to make a short skit-clothing itmes from various family members,various toys, random kitchen supplies, etc one where he has to do something with Alyssa- this could have dolls, blocks, crayons, markers, basically anything would work., one he has to make something for someone else-such as a card, bookmark, etc -in this include glue, markers, crayons, scissors, maybe old magazines. Another one he could draw his favorite things include paper, crayons, markers, etc.

Set up rules and write them on a notecard or paper for him. Example: Your mission is to make something for someone else, you may make anything with the included supplies. You may only use the supplies included in this bag. The timer will be set for 10 minutes, when the bell rings you may share what you have created. Before the mission begins you may have 1 minute to ask questions. Once the timer has started you may not ask anymore questions, you must work quietly until the bell rings.

Happy creating. Let the mission begin.

I would start with a short task and slowly increas the time by 5 minutes. This way you will slowly gain time where he plays on his own. I know at first you must help to stimulate the play, but hopefully it will lead to him creating things on his own.

Becky

tinker1bell
Hey Denise,,,wake up you got 22,000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blueeyes101817
Yes, go to the doctor! don't be like me! ;)

haha...im actually feeling almost 100% better..im just taking it easy this week since i dont have school or work!

KMH1
01-02-2006, 08:49 PM
What are you writing thank you notes for?

All the Christmas presents we got!!! Our families spoiled the heck out of us.

Kevin posted our thank you note last week...remember, all of us in our pjs, me wearing no make-up and glasses. I'm a little mortified. I thought that picture was just for us. :teeth:

dumby
01-02-2006, 08:49 PM
Okay on the topic of T-shirt designs. I need a design or two for Chef Mickey's. Is there already one made or can someone put me one together. I saw one but it was in purple and I really would like a differnt color.

CAN ONE OF YOU GREAT DESIGNERS HELP???

Blueeyes101817
01-02-2006, 08:50 PM

Kevin posted our thank you note last week...remember, all of us in our pjs, me wearing no make-up and glasses. I'm a little mortified. I thought that picture was just for us. :teeth:

amy-i thoughtthat picture was cute!

bengalbelle
01-02-2006, 08:51 PM

That's nice of you. I've never written thank you notes for Christmas presents. I feel like such a slacker!

tinker1bell
01-02-2006, 08:51 PM

Amy, Those kind of pictures are the best. :goodvibes

bengalbelle
01-02-2006, 08:53 PM
amy-i thoughtthat picture was cute!
Me too!

triplefigs
Does anyone else have this problem....a child that cannot play by themselves, or use their imagination and play with toys? I love my son dearly but sometimes it drives me nuts that he has to constanly be entertained. If it isn't a video or computer game, it doesn't get played with. He just had a birthday, plus Christmas, and got power ranger figures and cars and stuff, and they sit there. It's always "mommy can we do this or mommy can we do that". I don't know if it is a first-born thing (always had my attention) or a boy thing, a combo, or not related at all. Does anyone have any suggestions?

That's one of the big adavantages of having triplets! Instant playmates!

legalslave
Amy, I thought that was a great picture. You will cherish it.

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 08:54 PM
When Christopher tells me he's bored and doesn't take any of the suggestions I give him, I offer to let him help me clean ;) . Works every time!

that's a GREAT idea!

miss missy
01-02-2006, 08:55 PM
miss missy--i love the picture from the tower!!

Thanks! :)

tink2020
Sorry, Nancy. Kate's good at that. I had LSU cheerleaders as my children suddenly one day... although I thought both of yours were cute! ;)

Oh, Denise..... How'd we let that milestone go without anyone even noticing it was coming?!

triplefigs
so when you send a PM - you can choose to have the pm confirmed - then when it is read - you can tell if the person got it or not

after you read a pm it shows to them as confirmed

you can - after reading a PM - go back in and change it to unread - you do this by clicking on the box you would use to delete and then scrolling to the bottom where the delete option is - one of the options is mark as unread - then your pm box acts like you have never read it - and your little message box at the top says you have 1 new message even though you have read it

but this does not change the status of your pm to the original sender -

when dawn sent me the pm last night - i read it and changed it to unread - but to her it still showed that I had read it -

so you can change it in your message but not in the original senders mailbox - it is like a quote - you can change your original message but once you have been quoted - you can't change their message

does that make sense?!?!? so if someone said the pm had not been read - that means their confirmation status is unread -

so I guess the question you and Dawn are asking - is how can you change the confirmed status not the read status - I am stumped on this one!!!!!

Can you do that? That would be great. You could ALWAYS be in stealth mode then.

tink2020
01-02-2006, 08:56 PM
Oh, Denise..... How'd we let that milestone go without anyone even noticing it was coming?!

Do you even realize yet?! :rotfl:

ReAnSt
01-02-2006, 08:56 PM

Maybe try to do things that will promote him to play on his own. Such as gather up a bag of items set at timer for 10 to 20 minutes when the timer goes off he is able to show you what he came up with. You could do a bag where he has to build something-blocks, cars legos, duplos, play dough, deck of cards, etc, one where he has to make a short skit-clothing itmes from various family members,various toys, random kitchen supplies, etc one where he has to do something with Alyssa- this could have dolls, blocks, crayons, markers, basically anything would work., one he has to make something for someone else-such as a card, bookmark, etc -in this include glue, markers, crayons, scissors, maybe old magazines. Another one he could draw his favorite things include paper, crayons, markers, etc.

Set up rules and write them on a notecard or paper for him. Example: Your mission is to make something for someone else, you may make anything with the included supplies. You may only use the supplies included in this bag. The timer will be set for 10 minutes, when the bell rings you may share what you have created. Before the mission begins you may have 1 minute to ask questions. Once the timer has started you may not ask anymore questions, you must work quietly until the bell rings.

I would start with a short task and slowly increas the time by 5 minutes. This way you will slowly gain time where he plays on his own. I know at first you must help to stimulate the play, but hopefully it will lead to him creating things on his own, so that he can play with his toys for hours, without calling Mom every few minutes.

Becky

KMH1
01-02-2006, 08:57 PM
Thanks for your compliments, that's really sweet of all of you! :goodvibes

Dawn, you're not a slacker. My mother is very obsessive-compulsive (not that that's a bad thing ;) ), so I've been writing thank you notes for Christmas and birthdays (and our wedding and all those showers) since I can remember. And look, I'm already talking about Alyssa helping, so she's doomed too. :teeth:

miss missy
oo lifetime movies are always good

Its the only channel I miss!

legalslave
Anybody want to wager on when Denise realizes she got 22,000? I say when she gets to post 22,003.

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 08:58 PM
How come everyone's taking their decorations down already :confused3 Don't you gys wait until twelth night - January 6th?

Yes, we're leaving ours up until this weekend. We always wait until Twelfth Night/Epiphany.

triplefigs
we do!!!!

we call it the Epiphany

Julia told me last week - Christmas is over - take down the tree

but that is only b/c she wants to go back to school!!! :rotfl:

My kids are SO ready to go back to school on Wednesday.

tink2020
Thanks for your compliments, that's really sweet of all of you! :goodvibes

Dawn, you're not a slacker. My mother is very obsessive-compulsive (not that that's a bad thing ;) ), so I've been writing thank you notes for Christmas and birthdays (and our wedding and all those showers) since I can remember. And look, I'm already talking about Alyssa helping, so she's doomed too. :teeth:

My mother made me the same way :rolleyes2

No, it's really a great thing. I think people really appreciate the time you take to write thank-you notes, so it's worthwhile :teeth:

Blueeyes101817
01-02-2006, 08:59 PM
Its the only channel I miss!

my brother calls it the men bashing channel--he laughs every time im watching it!

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 08:59 PM
Yeah. The way our trip is working out this time, we'll actually be in Baltimore for several days. We get in on Friday night (from the other cities) and his interview isn't until Tuesday! I've been online today looking for stuff to do. Any suggestions? It really seems like there are a lot of areas to just go and walk around. I don't think we'll do any tours, etc (ie historical tours). We really want to get a feel for living there more than touring there.

Which hospital in Baltimore? I worked there for a while.

Blueeyes101817
01-02-2006, 09:00 PM
My mother made me the same way :rolleyes2

No, it's really a great thing. I think people really appreciate the time you take to write thank-you notes, so it's worthwhile :teeth:

me too-i have always written notes for everything!

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 09:00 PM
Well look who it is!! :flower: Where have you been hiding?

Watching football all day. LOVE IT!

legalslave
01-02-2006, 09:01 PM
Denise, are you really ignoring 22,000 or are you really clueless? :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Blueeyes101817
01-02-2006, 09:02 PM
haha..i was wondering when she was gonna notice..i didnt realize it was coming up, but i got 21,999--does that count for anything? ahahahha

tink2020
01-02-2006, 09:02 PM
Which hospital in Baltimore? I worked there for a while.

He's interviewing with the University of Maryland. It's the UM Medical Center, VA Medical Center, Baltimore Mercy.... and is there a free-standing Children's hospital? I don't remember. I hope so, or we're wasting our time :rotfl:

And Denise, really. By the time you read this, I hope you realize you got another milestone :rolleyes: But I, for one, do appreciate you thoroughly reading when you catch up :goodvibes

KMH1
01-02-2006, 09:04 PM
Denise, are you really ignoring 22,000 or are you really clueless? :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

She'll notice...she's just trying to get caught up! :rotfl2:

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 09:04 PM
You talkin' about me?? Did you rub my lamp?!?!?! Did I hear my name used in vain????

I'm around every now and again- mostly reading and trying to get through the dark depressing days in Portland Oregon. I hate rain and gray! Snow is so much better. At least after the snow is done, the sun comes out and it makes everything brighter. Thansk for thinking about me- maybe I'll come and gather some sunshine from my old friends!

HI! Great to see you. Wish you'd start posting here again.

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 09:05 PM
I think you all would be shocked by the number of people who register to make requests -

I would be so rich if I was getting paid for this!!! :rotfl:

Maybe we should come up with non-copyrighted designs and start an ebay store?

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 09:07 PM
Yes! I volunteered to coordinate that. If you all let me know if you are planning to attend, I can figure out how many rooms we need and get some reserved. Hopefully we will have enough to get some sort of a group discount.

BTW - check out my new ticker!!

You're going to have so much fun at Halloween!

legalslave
She'll notice...she's just trying to get caught up! :rotfl2:

I thought so, but it's hilarious watching her posting away totally oblivious. :goodvibes :goodvibes

tink2020
Ok, DDAs -- I have to leave in about 9 hours, so I should start packing :rolleyes1

I have to stick around a little while, though... at least until Denise catches on :goodvibes

After that it's goodnight! I think we have internet the whole trip this time (yeah!) so I shouldn't be suffering for too many days in a row. Talk to you soon! :goodvibes

bear74
01-02-2006, 09:08 PM
I'd gladly send it your way if I could! It's been doing a sleety, rain/snow mix since Friday afternoon. It's really yucky. The kids are here on their last day of winter break, and they can't go outside to play because it's so nasty and cold!

Where in Texas is Dripping Springs? I have a sister in law who lives in Spring, Texas. I know Texas is HUGE, but are you anywhere near?
Dripping springs is just outside of Austin. Spring is near Houston.

Blueeyes101817
01-02-2006, 09:09 PM
Ok, DDAs -- I have to leave in about 9 hours, so I should start packing :rolleyes1

I have to stick around a little while, though... at least until Denise catches on :goodvibes

After that it's goodnight! I think we have internet the whole trip this time (yeah!) so I shouldn't be suffering for too many days in a row. Talk to you soon! :goodvibes

9 hours and you didnt pack yet..uh oh :)

at least you will have the internet!! Talk to you soon!

Blueeyes101817
01-02-2006, 09:10 PM
im going to be able to get online for about 5 minutes a day while im on my cruise...not enough to catch up too much, but enough to hopefully get anything major!! :)
Im going to be sooooo behind after a week!

ReAnSt
01-02-2006, 09:11 PM
Has anyone else been having trouble with the server being "too busy" the past few days? It's really getting annoying.

I sure am, it is getting quite frustrating.

Becky

tink2020
01-02-2006, 09:12 PM
Well now where'd Denise go? She was on quite a roll before!

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 09:13 PM
Something tells me there are some happy figs down in GA!!!!

Yes, Auburn lost and Bama won! GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 09:14 PM
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

I see that you've updated us, but it doesn't hurt to send some more pixie dust to ward off future storms! :teeth:

We're having a nasty thunderstorm this evening in Cincinnati too...kinda weird since it's January!

I know. The weather is like spring time. What's up with that?

tinker1bell
01-02-2006, 09:14 PM

Should we place a bet on when she will realize it? :rotfl: :rotfl2:

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 09:16 PM
i am sitting here watching a movie on Lifetime. Should be watching football but I am saving my excitement for tomorrow to watch Penn State

Go Lions :cheer2: :cheer2:

Go, Papa Joe!

legalslave
01-02-2006, 09:17 PM
Very soon, now.

WeLoveTheMouse
Yes, Auburn lost and Bama won! GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide! It doesn't get any sweeter! :cheer2:

Blueeyes101817
im thinking....22,065 hahahh

ksoehrlein
01-02-2006, 09:22 PM
This made me think of all the DDA Desperate Housewives fans when I saw it in yesterday's paper. It's too good not to share!

http://www.grimmy.com/images/MGG_Archive/MGG_2006/MGG0101.gif

tink2020
01-02-2006, 09:24 PM
This made me think of all the DDA Desperate Housewives fans when I saw it in yesterday's paper. It's too good not to share!

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Blueeyes101817

:rotfl2:

triplefigs
:rotfl2: Denise - you got 22000!! How many does that make? Are you trying for a milestone record? :rotfl2:

How funny! I had no idea. I was WAAAAYYYY back just trying to catch up. Hope noone had claimed it. If you had, I'm sorry!

legalslave
01-02-2006, 09:25 PM
Oh, that's great - :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

ETA - this was in response to the Disney's Desperate Housewives.

legalslave
01-02-2006, 09:26 PM
How funny! I had no idea. I was WAAAAYYYY back just trying to catch up. Hope noone had claimed it. If you had, I'm sorry!

We've all been waiting with bated breath waiting for you to notice!!!

tink2020

ooh, only 60 posts! Jen, you were close :rolleyes:

Denise, we love you.... don't mind our teasing :) And no, I don't think anyone had claimed it specifically. :goodvibes

Ok, goodnight all! (How sad is it that I stayed up for this "event"? :rotfl: )

MinnieMouseMom

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

MinnieMouseMom
01-02-2006, 09:27 PM

Congrats, Denise! :rotfl:

tinker1bell
01-02-2006, 09:27 PM
That is tooooooo funny. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 09:28 PM
He's interviewing with the University of Maryland. It's the UM Medical Center, VA Medical Center, Baltimore Mercy.... and is there a free-standing Children's hospital? I don't remember. I hope so, or we're wasting our time :rotfl:

And Denise, really. By the time you read this, I hope you realize you got another milestone :rolleyes: But I, for one, do appreciate you thoroughly reading when you catch up :goodvibes

I worked at the UM Medical Center near the inner harbour. It's a great place!

And, yes, I was COMPLETLEY clueless about 22000. Kept doing Paul's trick of clikcking back twice, so I never saw the numbers.

dumby
01-02-2006, 09:28 PM

too funny :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Blueeyes101817
01-02-2006, 09:29 PM

Denise, we love you.... don't mind our teasing :) And no, I don't think anyone had claimed it specifically. :goodvibes

nite!

i was close haha

tinker1bell
:teeth:
Jen,
You were 5 away from being right :rotfl:

triplefigs
I thought so, but it's hilarious watching her posting away totally oblivious. :goodvibes :goodvibes

I'm so glad I could be entertaining tonight! :crazy:

tink2020
I worked at the UM Medical Center near the inner harbour. It's a great place!

And, yes, I was COMPLETLEY clueless about 22000. Kept doing Paul's trick of clikcking back twice, so I never saw the numbers.

That's the one!

And isn't Paul's trick great?!

Goodnight! congratulations! :goodvibes

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 09:30 PM

Have a great trip!

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 09:30 PM
im going to be able to get online for about 5 minutes a day while im on my cruise...not enough to catch up too much, but enough to hopefully get anything major!! :)
Im going to be sooooo behind after a week!

I hope the cruise is wonderful!

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 09:31 PM

Umm, DH wanted some "attention" :banana:

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 09:32 PM

It took me a while!!!!!! :rolleyes1

Blueeyes101817
:teeth:
Jen,
You were 5 away from being right :rotfl:

i should win a prize :)

ksoehrlein
Doesn't he get that we need attention too? (OK, I'm sure it's a totally different kind of attention...)

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 09:33 PM
Roll Tide! It doesn't get any sweeter! :cheer2:

Roll Tide!!!!!!!!

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 09:33 PM

that's perfect!

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 09:34 PM
im thinking....22,065 hahahh

Nope, 22060!

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 09:35 PM

Glad I could keep you all entertained!

julia & nicks mom
01-02-2006, 09:35 PM
And isn't Paul's trick great?!

yes it is!!!!

we miss you skunka!!! COME BACK PLEASE

there is no one to pounce!!!!

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 09:36 PM
Congrats, Denise! :rotfl:

Thanks! :blush:

my3princes
01-02-2006, 09:36 PM

That is funny. My DH read through the weightloss thread and decided he needed a little extra exercise :blush: Well we did decide to exercise at 9:30 every night.

Deb

tinknme
01-02-2006, 09:37 PM
:rotfl2: Love it!

ReAnSt
Amy, Those kind of pictures are the best. :goodvibes

Thats the truth, I was reading something somewhere that with so many people taking digital photgraphs so many of these photographs that people claim are imperfect don't get printed

The article stated that some kids when they grow up won't have a picture of their Mom because she was the scrapbooker and never included pictures of herself because she had no makeup on or hair was undone. It also said that there are kids out there whose parents have printed photos of the older kids but when they went digital they stopped printing pictures and therefore their are no pictures of the kids in the house. They email them and store them on the computer but the kids don't see pictures of themselves like their brothers and sisters throughout the house.

I am doubtful this would happen here, but I know you don't want your kids to not have pictures of you because you didn't think you looked good in them.. It really got me thinking about digital photgraphy and the effect it has on society.

Becky

triplefigs
i should win a prize :)

From the earlier posts, it would be a b o o b y prize! ;)

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 09:39 PM
That is funny. My DH read through the weightloss thread and decided he needed a little extra exercise :blush: Well we did decide to exercise at 9:30 every night.

Deb

KSG and my DH would get along very well! ;)

legalslave
01-02-2006, 09:42 PM
Not only was it "entertaining" to watch and wait for you to notice, it was also an awesome display of "playing catch up." Go Denise! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Steffy
01-02-2006, 09:43 PM
Denise, You are so funny. I love your stealth milestones..... :goodvibes

LOVE the Disney Desperate Housewifes! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Enjoy your trip Jen..... :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Cruises: I have been on several cruises. We went on the Magic. Loved it. I cruised Celebrity twice. Loved it. Cruise Premier. Loved it. I guess I'm not much help after all. :goodvibes

legalslave
01-02-2006, 09:45 PM
Steffy, which Celebrity ships were you on?

julia & nicks mom
01-02-2006, 09:46 PM

Deb

does that count as our ten minutes?

my3princes
01-02-2006, 09:47 PM
Steffy, It's good to hear that you've tried several and never had a bad cruise. I looks like the holiday cruises are known for having lots of kids and some families that let the kids run wild. I wonder how bad it would be. I want to have fun.

Deb

Blueeyes101817
01-02-2006, 09:49 PM
From the earlier posts, it would be a b o o b y prize! ;)

im quite afraid now denise!

my3princes
01-02-2006, 09:49 PM
does that count as our ten minutes?

I don't remember you being here :rotfl2: , but I'll add it to my minute count. Every little bit helps. Now if Steve wants to help you with your exercise who are we to stop him. ;)

Deb

Blueeyes101817
01-02-2006, 09:51 PM
Steffy, It's good to hear that you've tried several and never had a bad cruise. I looks like the holiday cruises are known for having lots of kids and some families that let the kids run wild. I wonder how bad it would be. I want to have fun.

Deb

ill try to get pictures of the kids club when im on the ship this time--last time we were able to look around the first day (my brother was in the teen club so we could go in) if i cant get pics, ill see if i can get a copy of anything with the kids activities on it if you would like

bear74
01-02-2006, 09:51 PM
Denice I dont know if you realized you just got post 22,000.
congrats.

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 09:52 PM
Denise, You are so funny. I love your stealth milestones..... :goodvibes

Yes, Skunka (we miss you so much) just PMd me and said I was the Queen of Milestones!

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 09:54 PM
Denice I dont know if you realized you just got post 22,000.
congrats.

It only took me another 60 posts or so... :rotfl2:

legalslave
01-02-2006, 09:57 PM
Good night, all. It's back to 9-5 slaving for me tomorrow.

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 10:00 PM
Good night, all. It's back to 9-5 slaving for me tomorrow.

unfortunately, the holidays are over. EXCEPT, my kid's school is having their Christmas party this Friday, Jan 6. They missed it as the power was out from the ice storm. So, I guess we'll all put on our holiday outfits one more time. Oh, and I have to buy 3 more Sub Way platters of sandwiches (DH not happy about spending double the money!)

bear74
01-02-2006, 10:01 PM

Oh my goodness I was laughing so hard i had tears in my eyes. I had to show it to my DH. he thought it was funny too. Where did you get it.

ksoehrlein
01-02-2006, 10:05 PM
Oh my goodness I was laughing so hard i had tears in my eyes. I had to show it to my DH. he thought it was funny too. Where did you get it.
Poor form on my part -- I thought the accreditation info would appear in the image. Instead I just stole it from the cartoonist's web site. My bad. The strip is called "Mother Goose & Grimm" and the cartoonist is Mike Peters. He's great!

bear74
01-02-2006, 10:09 PM
It only took me another 60 posts or so... :rotfl2:
I was playing catch up as well. I guess I was a few pages behind. when I read your post and saw you had not edited yet to say something about it I thought I would post.

bear74
01-02-2006, 10:12 PM
wow I am finally caught up. Glad to know skunka is still lurking even if he is not actively posting.
Come back skunka and steamboat marti.

Blueeyes101817
01-02-2006, 10:30 PM
goodnight everyone!!

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 10:30 PM
wow I am finally caught up. Glad to know skunka is still lurking even if he is not actively posting.

Yes, come back you two! We miss you both!! :wave: :love: :p

Tinkaroo
01-02-2006, 10:49 PM
Go, TEXAS!!! And have fun at DL!

Thanks, Denise!! Bama was impressive today! DH was a Florida Gator fan before we converted him to Texas, so we usually cheer for the SEC teams, too. (Although it did feel traitorous, since we should have been pulling for our own conference!)

Glad to hear y'all survived the tornado scare!

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 10:53 PM
Thanks, Denise!! Bama was impressive today! DH was a Florida Gator fan before we converted him to Texas, so we usually cheer for the SEC teams, too. (Although it did feel traitorous, since we should have been pulling for our own conference!)

Glad to hear y'all survived the tornado scare!

I'm just happy Auburn got whooped!

my3princes
01-02-2006, 10:53 PM

It's just not the same without the possibility of a pounce. We love you both.

Deb

julia & nicks mom
01-02-2006, 10:54 PM
if You're Happy And You Know It Pounce And Play!!!

as sung by Julia1234

Tinkaroo
01-02-2006, 10:58 PM
I'm just happy Auburn got whooped!

Understood. ;) We are having a hard time right now with pulling for GA, as there's no love lost between them and Gator fans!

Tinkaroo
01-02-2006, 10:59 PM
Well, I have to go pack! :earseek: I hope everyone's trip back into the "real world" of work and school goes well tomorrow!! See ya! :wave2:

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 11:00 PM
Understood. ;) We are having a hard time right now with pulling for GA, as there's no love lost between them and Gator fans!

I understand too! :rotfl:

tink2020
01-03-2006, 05:40 AM
Oh my goodness :earseek: :earseek: :earseek: :earseek:

Were the boards down without Queen Kate informing us? Is everyone ok? I have NEVER, since the beginning of my subscription to this thread, logged on to ZERO new posts. :rotfl:

The last post at Midnight?! Seriously, that's just weird. :goodvibes

Have a good day, DDAs, and I'll talk to you soon!

bethbuchall
01-03-2006, 06:24 AM
Julia too? OMG, I am so tired of Knock-knock jokes. Although Davis' newest joke is a good one.

Why did the chicken cross the road? Cause he was stuck to the truck!
Why did the lollipop cross the road? Cause it was stuck ot the chicken! :rotfl:

Now that brings back memories! One of ds's (now 14) favorites at that age was: Why did the turkey cross the road? Because he thought he was a chicken.

Beth

Tammi67
01-03-2006, 06:51 AM
Yea, Tammi!
I know! I can't wait!:teeth:

Tammi67
01-03-2006, 06:52 AM
hey denise got 22000!
Go figure....;)

Tammi67
01-03-2006, 06:54 AM

I would start with a short task and slowly increas the time by 5 minutes. This way you will slowly gain time where he plays on his own. I know at first you must help to stimulate the play, but hopefully it will lead to him creating things on his own.

Becky
Do you want to come and be my nanny??? Good ideas. I would never have thought of something like this.

Tammi67
01-03-2006, 07:01 AM
That's one of the big adavantages of having triplets! Instant playmates!
No kidding! I was watching a show on Disc. Health the other night. It was about families with trips and quads and I immediately thought of you all. It showed the families coming home from the hosp, not all at once though, because some babies needed more care. And then how heartwarming it was when everyone was finally home together. Then to see how the parents had to care for 3 or 4 babies, oh my gosh.....You truly are special people. Then when they flashforwarded to when the kids were 4 or 5 years old.....how FUN it would be!

Tammi67
01-03-2006, 07:04 AM
My kids are SO ready to go back to school on Wednesday.
Mine went back today! YAY!! He was so ready to though.

bethbuchall
01-03-2006, 07:05 AM
Mine went back today! YAY!! He was so ready to though.

Mine are supposed to go back today, but we had a two hour delay. Another hour before the first one goes out the door. Ds 6 is really ready. The older two, not so much.

Beth

Tammi67
01-03-2006, 07:07 AM

That is cute. :)

Tammi67
01-03-2006, 07:08 AM
That didn't take long!! :rotfl2:

Tammi67
01-03-2006, 07:11 AM
The article stated that some kids when they grow up won't have a picture of their Mom because she was the scrapbooker and never included pictures of herself because she had no makeup on or hair was undone. Becky
This is my prob. I am rarely in pics because I am the one taking them!

Tammi67
01-03-2006, 07:13 AM
Ditto!

Tammi67
01-03-2006, 07:16 AM
I feel like Denise, posting to catch up.

bethbuchall
01-03-2006, 07:21 AM

When you do catch up...GOOD MORNING!

Beth

Tammi67
01-03-2006, 07:29 AM
Good morning, Beth!

lmartin2711
01-03-2006, 07:34 AM
GOOD MORNING AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO MY DDA FRIENDS!!!!

I am a little sad this morning since GA didn't win the Sugar Bowl but they really didn't start trying until the 2nd qtr. But oh well.....it's a new year. We have been out of town since Friday so I am not even going to try and catch up. Let me know if I missed anything important since then........I will sign back on when I get to work.

Lynn Martin

karebear1
01-03-2006, 08:40 AM
Finally! All caught up!! You guys talk alot when a girl can't get back onto the DIS!

Thanks to everyone that welcomed me back. Made me feel loved! :) I missed everyone tons!

Glynis- My Christmas was AWESOME! I can't believe I actually said that! After 25 years of marriage and 3 kids growing up, we finally had Christmas where I didn't do everything by myself! TAAADAAA!!!!! The kids all pitched in and helped with the cooking /cleaning and the fighting was limited to occasional impatient tones. Alissa and her DH were there, Josh came home earlier then expected- and brought his GIRLFRIEND with him (she is a sweetheart- he better not mess this one up!!), and Kate was able to arrange her flight schedule so she was home for Christmas Eve and Christmas morning! I even got awesome gifts (Thanks to Alissa for escorting my DH through the stores on the 23rd!). You'll never believe it, but I actually got CHINA! I've never had china before! It's beautiful. Oh.... and I got a Photosmart photo printer for my digital pics.! Now I can resume my scrapbooking adventures..... yeah! I really ate up the wonderfulness of this holiday I'll tell ya! It'll probably be the last time the whole fam is together for a while- and it really was wonderful!

So- what's heppening with the DDA gathering? Is it on??

Don't know what happened exactly- but I sure hope Steamboatmarti and company return soon! The "aroma" of the thread has slightly changed without them! ;)

bethbuchall
01-03-2006, 08:50 AM
Welcome back, Karebear! Glad you had such a wonderful Christmas!

Beth

triplefigs
01-03-2006, 09:12 AM
No kidding! I was watching a show on Disc. Health the other night. It was about families with trips and quads and I immediately thought of you all. It showed the families coming home from the hosp, not all at once though, because some babies needed more care. And then how heartwarming it was when everyone was finally home together. Then to see how the parents had to care for 3 or 4 babies, oh my gosh.....You truly are special people. Then when they flashforwarded to when the kids were 4 or 5 years old.....how FUN it would be!

That's exactly how it was with us. Davis and Brantley-Kate came home 2 weeks before Rees. That was hard with 2 at home and one at the hospital. Sure was glad when (after 14 weeks) they all finally came home. And yes, babies were very tough. This age is AWESOME!!!!!

triplefigs
01-03-2006, 09:12 AM
That didn't take long!! :rotfl2:

I was a woman on a mission...

triplefigs
01-03-2006, 09:13 AM

And that's a BAD thing? ;)

fristbytte21
01-03-2006, 09:16 AM
ok after months of planning i finally made my shirtsfor thursday lol here it is!

front
http://tinypic.com/jkya7k.jpg
back
http://tinypic.com/jkybys.jpg
sorry blurry :o)
http://tinypic.com/jkyc0i.jpg

bethbuchall
01-03-2006, 09:29 AM
fristbytte21--I love your Disneyland shirts! Have a great time!

Beth

karebear1
01-03-2006, 09:36 AM
Welcome back, Karebear! Glad you had such a wonderful Christmas!

Beth

Thanks Beth! It's good to be back!

bethbuchall
01-03-2006, 09:49 AM
Thanks Beth! It's good to be back!

I know what you mean. I haven't been around in the last couple of weeks myself and just started up again the other day. As much as I loved everything leading up to/after Christmas, it was awfully nice to get back here and start connecting again.

Beth

MinnieMouseMom
01-03-2006, 09:54 AM
ok after months of planning i finally made my shirtsfor thursday lol here it is!

front
back

Great job!!! :cool1:

Tammi67
01-03-2006, 10:28 AM
That's exactly how it was with us. Davis and Brantley-Kate came home 2 weeks before Rees. That was hard with 2 at home and one at the hospital. Sure was glad when (after 14 weeks) they all finally came home. And yes, babies were very tough. This age is AWESOME!!!!!
I have to admit, since my maternal grandmother had twins, that I secretly wished for them. I don't know what I would have done though, had I actually had them!

marcij
01-03-2006, 10:36 AM
marci,
ROLL TIDE! What a great game. Hope they got in. BTW, do you know what the "L" sign is for that the Texas Tech fans kept doing?

Denise -- yes, since my school (SMU) used to be in the southwest conference with Tech, I'm well aware of it. It's actually the symbol for a gun, as in Get your Gun's up or ready. Here's the official description:
GUNS UP
The hand sign of Texas Tech was originated by a Tech graduate who was attending law school at Texas in 1972. It is made by extending the index finger outward while extending the thumb upward to form a gun. The idea is that Raider Red will shoot down his opponents.

I don't want to offend any tech graduates, but the way some of them do the gun reminds me of the L people use for Loser.

Yes, Randy and Jake did get tickets -- $25 each at the start of the game. They had a great time, although to keep Jake's interest (he's only 6) there could have been more scoring....

I was thrilled that Bama won. Now if the Longhorns could win that little national title, the week would be complete!

Tammi67
01-03-2006, 10:36 AM

front
back
Those are great! Thanks for sharing!:)

Glynis
01-03-2006, 10:37 AM
Finally! All caught up!! You guys talk alot when a girl can't get back onto the DIS!

Thanks to everyone that welcomed me back. Made me feel loved! :) I missed everyone tons!

Glynis- My Christmas was AWESOME! I can't believe I actually said that! After 25 years of marriage and 3 kids growing up, we finally had Christmas where I didn't do everything by myself! TAAADAAA!!!!! The kids all pitched in and helped with the cooking /cleaning and the fighting was limited to occasional impatient tones. Alissa and her DH were there, Josh came home earlier then expected- and brought his GIRLFRIEND with him (she is a sweetheart- he better not mess this one up!!), and Kate was able to arrange her flight schedule so she was home for Christmas Eve and Christmas morning! I even got awesome gifts (Thanks to Alissa for escorting my DH through the stores on the 23rd!). You'll never believe it, but I actually got CHINA! I've never had china before! It's beautiful. Oh.... and I got a Photosmart photo printer for my digital pics.! Now I can resume my scrapbooking adventures..... yeah! I really ate up the wonderfulness of this holiday I'll tell ya! It'll probably be the last time the whole fam is together for a while- and it really was wonderful!

So- what's heppening with the DDA gathering? Is it on??

Don't know what happened exactly- but I sure hope Steamboatmarti and company return soon! The "aroma" of the thread has slightly changed without them! ;)

Sounds like you might be expanding your family circle soon, huh? How cool! Is this girl someone he met at school? I gather that your whole family likes her. You sounded just like my mom with "he better not mess this one up." My mom told me the same thing after she met my DH (then BF). Later, we broke up for a while, and mom didn't speak to me for about 3 months. She was positive I'd blown my one and only chance. But look at us now, going on 16 years of wedded bliss.

dumby
01-03-2006, 10:38 AM
I always wanted twins so instead I had my older two 17 months apart. It was real close to having twins. LOL I could not image triplets but I am sure it is great at this age as Denise said.

Glynis
01-03-2006, 10:38 AM

front
back

Very cute! I'm so jealous that you get to go to DL. I miss it so much!

Glynis
01-03-2006, 10:42 AM
I have to admit, since my maternal grandmother had twins, that I secretly wished for them. I don't know what I would have done though, had I actually had them!

Well, if they were your first, you would love them and think nothing of all the work involved until you had a singleton. Then you would realize how much hard work you had to do with twins.

If they were your third pregnancy (like mine), you would realize how easy one baby is compared to 2. However, you wouldn't change anything. I look at my twins, and can't imagine my life without them, or with them as singletons. They are so loving and protective of one another. They HAVE to be together. It's so darling!

Glynis
01-03-2006, 10:45 AM
I always wanted twins so instead I had my older two 17 months apart. It was real close to having twins. LOL I could not image triplets but I am sure it is great at this age as Denise said.

I don't know what Denise's experience was with triplets, but with my twins, they got to come home from the hospital with me, and I loved every minute of the first 3 months. After that, things got more hectic as they spent more time awake. By the time they were crawling, it was hard to do anything but chase after them.

Now that they are 3 it is so much easier again. They definitely keep each other amused.

Steffy
01-03-2006, 11:10 AM
Steffy, which Celebrity ships were you on?

The Meridian. I sailed it twice out of Philly to Bermuda. Loved Bermuda. :goodvibes :goodvibes

Steffy
01-03-2006, 11:21 AM

Deb

Hi Deb,

I love cruising. Just had to adjust the time of year I went. I used to cruise for my birthday. Did three of my 4 cruises that way. Then I finally wised up. September is the heart of hurricane season. And after cruising with Hurricane Hugo! (that was the worse) and two other hurricanes, I finally chose to do a Mother's Day cruise. (the Magic) Much better!!

Now the other cruises, even with the hurricanes... loved them. With Hugo only had one bout of seasickness... on our "out to sea" day we were parked off the coast of Miami while Hugo tore into South Carolina.....

One of my Bermuda trips we couldn't go parasailing becuae of the winds, but the beach was open. Had a ball. Love the pink sand. Brought home a bagful. :goodvibes :goodvibes

The cruise on the Disney Magic was wonderful. We had a spa day. The one thing we would do different is to get onto Castaway Cay a lot earlier! We really needed to be under the hammock. Even with a gallon of sunblock, we both burned to a crisp. :sunny:

miss missy
01-03-2006, 11:41 AM
Hi all! All this talk about babies! I love babies!

DD not back to school till Thurs. I still have some quiet time left! Then the driving starts!

My van that was hit by a deer in Nov is just in the shop this week. Talk about being booked huh. Well it'll be good as new after...

Snow here for the next 24 hrs.

Hey is everyone done being sick around here?

Steffy
01-03-2006, 11:42 AM

Welcome back Karebear1! We missed you! :goodvibes :goodvibes

Steffy
01-03-2006, 11:44 AM

front
back

Love your shirts! Great job! :goodvibes :goodvibes

Have a wonderful trip!!!

julia & nicks mom
01-03-2006, 11:51 AM
I finally chose to do a Mother's Day cruise. (the Magic) Much better!!

Steffy -

I think we are looking at a Mother's day cruise in 2007 - how crowded was the ship?

Steffy
01-03-2006, 12:01 PM
Steffy -

I think we are looking at a Mother's day cruise in 2007 - how crowded was the ship?

It didn't feel crowded at all, although I do think the ship was sold out. Nice thing about cruises, you don't have that hip to hip feeling even when it is crowded. The kids club was always full, but not so full as to turn my DGD away. :goodvibes She always had playmates.

Dinner was always full, but your waiter went with you. ON the Magic you rotate resturaunts, but keep the same wait staff. Very nice.

The only time there were "crowds" were at Shudders where you look at the pictures the photgraphers took. And at Castaway Cay. Like I said, next time I'll get there a little earlier. :goodvibes

The barbeque at Castawat Cay was wonderful :goodvibes :goodvibes :love: and the island was packed, but we had our food in no time.. :love: :love: And we had chairs on the beach, but didn't get there early enough for the coveted covered hammock...

triplefigs
01-03-2006, 12:14 PM
Denise -- yes, since my school (SMU) used to be in the southwest conference with Tech, I'm well aware of it. It's actually the symbol for a gun, as in Get your Gun's up or ready. Here's the official description:
GUNS UP
The hand sign of Texas Tech was originated by a Tech graduate who was attending law school at Texas in 1972. It is made by extending the index finger outward while extending the thumb upward to form a gun. The idea is that Raider Red will shoot down his opponents.

I don't want to offend any tech graduates, but the way some of them do the gun reminds me of the L people use for Loser.

Yes, Randy and Jake did get tickets -- $25 each at the start of the game. They had a great time, although to keep Jake's interest (he's only 6) there could have been more scoring....

I was thrilled that Bama won. Now if the Longhorns could win that little national title, the week would be complete!

Thanks for the explanation. Glad they got to go to the game. And Hook 'em Horns!

babytrees
01-03-2006, 12:15 PM
Well, we just heard a mistake on our new Disney Bingo DVD game. The spot was for Sleeping Beauty/Princess Aurora and the voice over said something about Prince Charming looking for her. :earseek: I think that might tick Cinderella off! :rotfl:

That's funny Amy!! We have played about 20 times.....and haven't noticed that boo boo....of course we fast forward through most of the voice overs...we are speed Disney DVD bingo players. :rotfl2:

dumby
01-03-2006, 12:20 PM
I know I posted this yesterday but once again. I am looking for something ot wear to Chef Mickey's. I have went through all the designs and have not found anything. Does anyone have something they would share with me? Or could someone design something. Please.

Thanks so much
Delinda

bengalbelle
01-03-2006, 12:23 PM
I know I posted this yesterday but once again. I am looking for something ot wear to Chef Mickey's. I have went through all the designs and have not found anything. Does anyone have something they would share with me? Or could someone design something. Please.

Thanks so much
Delinda
I know I've seen a couple of Chef Mickey designs, but I can't remember any other than the one Skunka (<---I'm pretty sure) did. You might want to PM him or Marti and see if they'll send you the design.

triplefigs
01-03-2006, 12:24 PM

Thanks so much
Delinda

I have one. Let me find it.

I could edit the words and Christmas border. It got a lot of attention.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b370/TriplefigsGeneral/ChefMickeyDavis.jpg (http://photobucket.com/albums/b370/TriplefigsGeneral/?)

This was the design on the back. Donald loved it.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b370/TriplefigsGeneral/DonaldDuck.jpg (http://photobucket.com/albums/b370/TriplefigsGeneral/?)

BTW, Rees has his on today. One of his favorites!

miss missy
01-03-2006, 12:28 PM
Denise... I just put up my MVMCP meet pictures on the meet thread, in case you wanna see. Sorry you missed it :(

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=11034841#post11034841

babytrees
01-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Speaking of movies...has anyone seen Narnia yet? I am trying to figure out if Alyssa would be able to sit through it. I understand it is 2.5 hrs. long. If we go we would have to leave in about an hour.

Tammi---

Hopefully some one answered before this(trying to catch up!!)
We went yesterday...I have 2 girls 13 and 9 who loved the movie, I did too!

My girls have been watching movies in the movie theater since they were babies so they are used to long movies. If Alyssa is frightened by anything she may be spending the time at the movies in your lap(scary "dark creatures", scenes of war, the White Witch scared me a bit). My 9 year old who frightens easily really didn't have to bad a time but the 13 yo spent quite a bit of the time with her hands over her eyes(quite a sight!! :rotfl: bad momma)There were quite a few youngsters around me, one little girl sat in her mom's lap the entire movie and at one point was covering her mother's ear. The other noticeable girl kept yapping the entire time.

dumby
01-03-2006, 12:57 PM
I have one. Let me find it.

I could edit the words and Christmas border. It got a lot of attention.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b370/TriplefigsGeneral/ChefMickeyDavis.jpg (http://photobucket.com/albums/b370/TriplefigsGeneral/?)

This was the design on the back. Donald loved it.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b370/TriplefigsGeneral/DonaldDuck.jpg (http://photobucket.com/albums/b370/TriplefigsGeneral/?)

BTW, Rees has his on today. One of his favorites!

This would be great. If you could edit the Christmas border and just put Walt Disney World 2006 with no names. I think this would work out just great. Thanks so much. I knew one of you wonderful designers would come to my rescue.

legalslave
01-03-2006, 01:08 PM
The Meridian. I sailed it twice out of Philly to Bermuda. Loved Bermuda. :goodvibes :goodvibes

I sailed on the Meridian, too. My first cruise. It was out of Ft. Lauderdale and went to the Eastern Caribbean. Did you know that it sank a few years ago? Celebrity sold it to another cruiseline overseas somewhere and it sank.

I did Bermuda, too, only out of New York on Zenith. It's a different experience than the Caribbean. You pretty much sail there in a day and then use the ship as your hotel. I prefer more at sea days.

Tammi67
01-03-2006, 01:16 PM
Tammi---

Hopefully some one answered before this(trying to catch up!!)
We went yesterday...I have 2 girls 13 and 9 who loved the movie, I did too!

My girls have been watching movies in the movie theater since they were babies so they are used to long movies. If Alyssa is frightened by anything she may be spending the time at the movies in your lap(scary "dark creatures", scenes of war, the White Witch scared me a bit). My 9 year old who frightens easily really didn't have to bad a time but the 13 yo spent quite a bit of the time with her hands over her eyes(quite a sight!! :rotfl: bad momma)There were quite a few youngsters around me, one little girl sat in her mom's lap the entire movie and at one point was covering her mother's ear. The other noticeable girl kept yapping the entire time.
Thanks, but we decided not to go yesterday. I don't think my 3yo would last through it. Maybe Nicholas and I can go sometime. It was rainy and cold so we just stayed in and played games. The kids beat me once at Disney Scene It and then I beat them. I even got them both to take a nap, which they haven't done in so long. They are still wiped out from our trip and all the Christmas excitement.

julia & nicks mom
01-03-2006, 01:30 PM
Tammi -

Nancy (my sister) took her kids to see this yesterday - her youngest is 6 - she said that it is a beautiful movie but that I should wait for it on DVD with Julia

HTH!!

tmfranlk
01-03-2006, 01:32 PM
Suddenly we're getting email notifications again! My inbox is flooded (seriously, I just deleted 60 of them)!!! What's really funny, is some are old and some are new. I think I'm going to have to turn this function off. :rotfl:

But now I'm not! :( I had been getting them so I guess you're getting mine now.

ETA: Spoke too soon. As soon as I posted this, I got my first one since yesterday.

triplefigs
01-03-2006, 01:43 PM
Tammi -

Nancy (my sister) took her kids to see this yesterday - her youngest is 6 - she said that it is a beautiful movie but that I should wait for it on DVD with Julia

HTH!!

I was afraid it would be too intense for my kids. We'll wait too. I love the books. Can't wait!

triplefigs
01-03-2006, 01:45 PM
This would be great. If you could edit the Christmas border and just put Walt Disney World 2006 with no names. I think this would work out just great. Thanks so much. I knew one of you wonderful designers would come to my rescue.

I'll work on it.

my3princes
01-03-2006, 01:45 PM
Hi Deb,

I love cruising. Just had to adjust the time of year I went. I used to cruise for my birthday. Did three of my 4 cruises that way. Then I finally wised up. September is the heart of hurricane season. And after cruising with Hurricane Hugo! (that was the worse) and two other hurricanes, I finally chose to do a Mother's Day cruise. (the Magic) Much better!!

Now the other cruises, even with the hurricanes... loved them. With Hugo only had one bout of seasickness... on our "out to sea" day we were parked off the coast of Miami while Hugo tore into South Carolina.....

One of my Bermuda trips we couldn't go parasailing becuae of the winds, but the beach was open. Had a ball. Love the pink sand. Brought home a bagful. :goodvibes :goodvibes

The cruise on the Disney Magic was wonderful. We had a spa day. The one thing we would do different is to get onto Castaway Cay a lot earlier! We really needed to be under the hammock. Even with a gallon of sunblock, we both burned to a crisp. :sunny:

Steffy, sounds like fun, not the hurricane parts, but the rest. I hope we are able to work it out with our family.

Deb

KMH1
01-03-2006, 01:53 PM
Denise, you are very close to 4000 posts...do you have your speech ready?!! :teeth:

lmartin2711
01-03-2006, 01:55 PM
I was afraid it would be too intense for my kids. We'll wait too. I love the books. Can't wait!

I took DS (Alex, 8yrs) and he loved it. DS (Austin, 11yrs) went to see it with the youth group from church and Alex begged for me to take him. I am glad I took Alex....we both really enjoyed it. He asked for the movie on DVD for this past Christmas. I explained he would have to wait that it wasn't on DVD yet.

Lynn

Tammi67
01-03-2006, 02:56 PM
Tammi -

HTH!!
Do you know why she recommended waiting for the DVD? Is it because of the lenght of the movie?

Steffy
01-03-2006, 02:57 PM
I sailed on the Meridian, too. My first cruise. It was out of Ft. Lauderdale and went to the Eastern Caribbean. Did you know that it sank a few years ago? Celebrity sold it to another cruiseline overseas somewhere and it sank.

I did Bermuda, too, only out of New York on Zenith. It's a different experience than the Caribbean. You pretty much sail there in a day and then use the ship as your hotel. I prefer more at sea days.

Yes, I knew it sank. :sad:

We were on the next to last cruise before it was sold. Funny think... not hahah funny... but the Premier cruiseship I was on.. The Big Red Boat, was sold overseas shorty after my last cruise and it burnt down. :rolleyes1

Me, I loved using the ship as my hotel. :sunny: I loved exploring Bermuda. Then again, I love partying on the ship. 3 of my 4 cruises were adults only. Only the Magic did we take the DGD. :love:

lmartin2711
01-03-2006, 03:15 PM
Yes, I knew it sank. :sad:

We were on the next to last cruise before it was sold. Funny think... not hahah funny... but the Premier cruiseship I was on.. The Big Red Boat, was sold overseas shorty after my last cruise and it burnt down. :rolleyes1

Me, I loved using the ship as my hotel. :sunny: I loved exploring Bermuda. Then again, I love partying on the ship. 3 of my 4 cruises were adults only. Only the Magic did we take the DGD. :love:

I am also a CRUISE LOVER!!!! We are going on a Spring Break cruise the 1st week in April. We are taking our two DS's and this would be there 2nd cruise. I have only been on Carnival Cruise's so I couldn't give any advice on any others.

Lynn

tink2020
01-03-2006, 03:33 PM
It didn't feel crowded at all, although I do think the ship was sold out. Nice thing about cruises, you don't have that hip to hip feeling even when it is crowded. The kids club was always full, but not so full as to turn my DGD away. :goodvibes She always had playmates.

Dinner was always full, but your waiter went with you. ON the Magic you rotate resturaunts, but keep the same wait staff. Very nice.

The only time there were "crowds" were at Shudders where you look at the pictures the photgraphers took. And at Castaway Cay. Like I said, next time I'll get there a little earlier. :goodvibes

The barbeque at Castawat Cay was wonderful :goodvibes :goodvibes :love: and the island was packed, but we had our food in no time.. :love: :love: And we had chairs on the beach, but didn't get there early enough for the coveted covered hammock...

It's so nice to hear you talk about your cruise! Keep sharing details, please :goodvibes

my3princes
01-03-2006, 03:33 PM
I am also a CRUISE LOVER!!!! We are going on a Spring Break cruise the 1st week in April. We are taking our two DS's and this would be there 2nd cruise. I have only been on Carnival Cruise's so I couldn't give any advice on any others.

Lynn

What did you think of Canival? Do you feel it was worth the money? Did you have any problems? How was the Children's areas. We will have an 11, 9 and 4 yr old.

Deb

julia & nicks mom
01-03-2006, 03:36 PM
Jennifer -

Steve and I went on a wonder cruise when I was pregnant with Nick -

I hardly noticed any kids on the ship - and the best thing was the adult beach at Cataway Cay -

I wasn't on the DIS then and I can't wait to go again b/c I see how much I missed not being fully educated about my options!!!!!!

Our favorite thing was Palo's - that might be the best meal I EVER had!!!

tink2020
01-03-2006, 03:40 PM
Jennifer -

Steve and I went on a wonder cruise when I was pregnant with Nick -

I hardly noticed any kids on the ship - and the best thing was the adult beach at Cataway Cay -

I wasn't on the DIS then and I can't wait to go again b/c I see how much I missed not being fully educated about my options!!!!!!

Our favorite thing was Palo's - that might be the best meal I EVER had!!!

I'm really looking forward to it. I think when Kyle finds out what we're doing he's going to give me some crap.... he loves Disney world but already asked if that's where I was taking him. When I said no, he was relieved. He said "I love it, but I dont know about 6 months after the last trip... that one was stressful". So I think he'll flip for a second that it's a DISNEY cruise...

but I looked at all the other options. I just REALLY think they are going to have the best adult options (AND they won't be as crowded, since lots of adults on the cruise have kids to tend to, at least some of the time) ... the best service... the best shows, etc. It's nice to hear that you enjoyed it, just the two of you. I think once we're on (or at least when it's over) he will have loved it.... but at first I'm gonna catch a lot of flak. :blush:

lmartin2711
01-03-2006, 03:44 PM
What did you think of Canival? Do you feel it was worth the money? Did you have any problems? How was the Children's areas. We will have an 11, 9 and 4 yr old.

Deb

I have never had any problems with Carnival cruises. I have been on 4 and all have been great. I would love to go on a Disney cruise but the Carnival cruises are much more affordable for us. My DS are 8 and 11..........they loved it. When we got up in the morning they were asking to go to the kids room before we even had breakfast.

The two days at sea we hardly saw our boys since they have planned activities for them. On the last day at sea they had a pirate hunt for the kids. My boys were 5 and 8 then and they had a blast. My husband and I asked where on the ship and what time would the kids be coming thru. We planned to be at a couple locations so we could take pictures of them. We had all this time to ourselves and camped out in different areas of the ship just to spy on the boys.....We all loved it!!! Austin was 8 at the time and all he wanted to do was stay up after midnite and have pizza and ice cream at the 24 hour pizza/ice cream bar. They have the kids room open until 10pm and then you pay $5hr per child for anytime after that. We splurged and paid until midnite our last night so we could have some time to ourselves. When we arrived at the kids room at midnite Alex was asleep on a cot....with a Disney movie playing.....and Austin was wide awake waiting for his midnite buffet of pizza and ice cream.

I can't wait until our Spring Break trip.

Lynn

my3princes
01-03-2006, 03:56 PM
I have never had any problems with Carnival cruises. I have been on 4 and all have been great. I would love to go on a Disney cruise but the Carnival cruises are much more affordable for us. My DS are 8 and 11..........they loved it. When we got up in the morning they were asking to go to the kids room before we even had breakfast.

The two days at sea we hardly saw our boys since they have planned activities for them. On the last day at sea they had a pirate hunt for the kids. My boys were 5 and 8 then and they had a blast. My husband and I asked where on the ship and what time would the kids be coming thru. We planned to be at a couple locations so we could take pictures of them. We had all this time to ourselves and camped out in different areas of the ship just to spy on the boys.....We all loved it!!! Austin was 8 at the time and all he wanted to do was stay up after midnite and have pizza and ice cream at the 24 hour pizza/ice cream bar. They have the kids room open until 10pm and then you pay $5hr per child for anytime after that. We splurged and paid until midnite our last night so we could have some time to ourselves. When we arrived at the kids room at midnite Alex was asleep on a cot....with a Disney movie playing.....and Austin was wide awake waiting for his midnite buffet of pizza and ice cream.

I can't wait until our Spring Break trip.

Lynn

Sounds like a lot of fun. Some people have posted that they have done carnival and other cruise lines and that they liked the other cruise lines better. I have to wonder if you had that much fun, what do the other ships offer that is better?

Deb

julia & nicks mom
01-03-2006, 03:56 PM

Deb
We went on a Carnival Cruise for our honeymoon

so I can't tell you about the kids program - it was definately more of a party ship than the wonder - plus we were younger then! ;)

I thought the entertainment was more adult oriented and actually enjoyed it more than the disney entertainment - if I cruise again without my kids - I would not hesitate to go on a carnival

my3princes
01-03-2006, 03:58 PM
Since I only have 3 more posts until I reach 2000 I think I might have a small private posting party. I need to log off soon and get something done around here.

my3princes
01-03-2006, 03:59 PM
Almost there.....

julia & nicks mom
01-03-2006, 03:59 PM
Deb - i would be more than happy to help you!!

my3princes
01-03-2006, 04:00 PM
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/639252000_post-med.jpg

Deb

julia & nicks mom
01-03-2006, 04:01 PM

Deb
CONGRATULATIONS DEB!!!!!

It sure has been a lot of fun!!!

my3princes
01-03-2006, 04:03 PM
It's too much fun and that is why my house looks like a train drove through it. :confused3 Dh will be home soon better get something done.

Deb

Eeyorecln
01-03-2006, 04:22 PM
LOL. My first 3 are about 15 months apart. I used to think it would have been easier to have them all at once. By the time we got one sleeping all night another one was here. We didn't get a whole night's sleep until the third one turned 1, 3 years without a whole night's sleep. :earseek: I was so excited I called my sister to tell her I got 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. :banana: She laughed so hard. That was nothing compared to the commotion we made when we finally got them all pottytrained and out of diapers. :rotfl: Funny, now I wouldn't change it all for the world. My kids are a wonderful adventure. :goodvibes

lmartin2711
01-03-2006, 04:23 PM
Kate,

I like the change in your siggie. I miss Paul and Marti!!!!

Lynn

Blueeyes101817
01-03-2006, 04:24 PM
Congrats Deb!!!!

babytrees
01-03-2006, 04:26 PM

Deb

Congrats Deb!!!

babytrees
01-03-2006, 04:35 PM
LOL. My first 3 are about 15 months apart. I used to think it would have been easier to have them all at once. By the time we got one sleeping all night another one was here. We didn't get a whole night's sleep until the third one turned 1, 3 years without a whole night's sleep. :earseek: I was so excited I called my sister to tell her I got 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. :banana: She laughed so hard. That was nothing compared to the commotion we made when we finally got them all pottytrained and out of diapers. :rotfl: Funny, now I wouldn't change it all for the world. My kids are a wonderful adventure. :goodvibes

My two are exactly 4 years apart and like to say they are the only twins born 4 years apart(they will turn 14 and 10 on Mother's Day). Shh...don't tell anybody but the older one still plays with dolls and Barbies with the younger one. They have their own secret language and it is a very odd night if they are not sleeping in the same bed (twin size). It has been this way since before Abi was born.

Cassidy told us we were going to have a baby...we said no we're not. We found out two weeks later that we were(in April). We didn't have to tell her she said "I am going to have baby sister for my birfday". No sweetie baby is going to be home for your birthday. No baby sisser for my birthday...well okay then. :rolleyes: We let her pick out baby sisser name and only one would do...Abigail...baby Abi. Well what happened but she got baby sister for her birthday!! It was the sweetest sight when she got to hold her baby...she sang to her and they have been nearly inseperable since.

Princess Nancy
01-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Do you know why she recommended waiting for the DVD? Is it because of the lenght of the movie?

Pretty much I thought Kate would enjoy it more if she wasn't worried about Julia. It would be a LONG movie for Julia (the energizer bunny) to sit through. I don't think the was scenes were too intense and the imagery was amazing. Grace sat through it all and loved it (DD6)

disney newbie
01-03-2006, 05:17 PM
I'm home from North Carolina and just spent 3 hrs. catching up on all the posts.

We had one of the most horrific driving trips ever. Just barely escaped a wreck near Knoxville, TN. Girl in front of us hit a huge puddle of water and hydroplaned. Spun around and hit the guard rail, sent her into the next lane and hit a 4wd pick-up truck, that spun her sideways in front of me and with God's help, I slipped between the 2 without hitting either one. We waited 1/2 hour for police to get there. Then in Louisville, KY, we caught the tail-end of the tornado that went through. Also, another wreck had 2 lanes of highway closed and everyone was slamming on brakes and trying to avoid the wreck almost hit the car in front of us. In southern Illinois we just missed an earthquake that happened 2 hours before. I told my DMom if fire & brimstone started falling, we were heading for nearest church. We still made it back home in 14 hours (me driving all the way). Lots of rain and wind. I was really ready for bed when I got here.

tmfranlk
01-03-2006, 05:36 PM
Marti said she is not coming back - I have been trying to convince her to come back but she is still very upset -

I REALLY hope it is just a vacation!!!

Me too! I like the new Marti/Paul tribute picture in your signature!

lmartin2711
01-03-2006, 05:36 PM
I'm home from North Carolina and just spent 3 hrs. catching up on all the posts.

We had one of the most horrific driving trips ever. Just barely escaped a wreck near Knoxville, TN. Girl in front of us hit a huge puddle of water and hydroplaned. Spun around and hit the guard rail, sent her into the next lane and hit a 4wd pick-up truck, that spun her sideways in front of me and with God's help, I slipped between the 2 without hitting either one. We waited 1/2 hour for police to get there. Then in Louisville, KY, we caught the tail-end of the tornado that went through. Also, another wreck had 2 lanes of highway closed and everyone was slamming on brakes and trying to avoid the wreck almost hit the car in front of us. In southern Illinois we just missed an earthquake that happened 2 hours before. I told my DMom if fire & brimstone started falling, we were heading for nearest church. We still made it back home in 14 hours (me driving all the way). Lots of rain and wind. I was really ready for bed when I got here.

Your trip sounds alot like our Thanksgiving trip from Atlanta to Grand Haven, MI.....we hit snow about 1hr before Chicago around 4am. We always drive straight thru. I was the one driving when the snow started. I am glad you made it home safely.

Lynn

miss missy
01-03-2006, 05:57 PM

Deb

Congrats!! Love it!!!

triplefigs
01-03-2006, 05:58 PM

Deb

Congrats, Deb. Now I have to think of something for 4000...

lmartin2711
01-03-2006, 06:03 PM
Denise..........How have you been?? I was thinking about you during the Bama game.....were you feeling sorry for me during the DAWG game?? Oh well....it was a good season. Tomorrow night will be a good game with USC and Longhorns...GO HORNS!!!!

Have you thought about the July DDA trip to DC?? I am thinking about it and thought I would check to see if you were going and flying out of Atlanta. Let me know what you think?? We could fly out late on Friday and early on Sunday.

Lynn

itslisa
01-03-2006, 06:04 PM
The last movie we saw was Chicken Little, because we had free tickets. Alyssa actually watched the whole thing!

Actually .. I have to admit ... I fell asleep during Chicken Little! LOL My Mom was with us, so it wasn't too unsafe.

We went to a stadium seating place and Mom couldn't do the stairs. So we were in the front row. My neck was kiling me .. and I just sort of gave up ....

tmfranlk
01-03-2006, 06:07 PM
Quick update: all is well. storms have moved through. Lost a big tree branch that tore a huge hole in the kid's swing set (the colored fabric fort part). Other than that,we're fine.

I'll be back on later.

Glad to hear you are all okay. I was reading to slowly and was afraid the branch did more damage that it did. Hope that rest of the night was quiet.

itslisa
01-03-2006, 06:07 PM
A few of you did! :goodvibes

I have to admit though, I'm so anal, that I clear our box out before it even hits 100, so unless I'm really distracted, our box will never be full. :teeth:

I tried playing around with making a PM unread too, and I couldn't figure it out either. :confused3

I don't know if I *did* make the PM unread. I cleaned out my PM box. I clicked on the unread message -- and it wasn't the one with her address. So, then I had to go through ALL of them and find the right one. So ... the unread one was NOT the one with her address in it. I have no clue at this point if I did change it to unread or whatever the heck happened.

itslisa
01-03-2006, 06:10 PM
so I guess the question you and Dawn are asking - is how can you change the confirmed status not the read status - I am stumped on this one!!!!!

OK .. just posted in my situation ..I don't think I DID read and change the status .... but look above .....

itslisa
01-03-2006, 06:13 PM
Or maybe Lisa can help us when she gets back from the movies. Lisa, help us! :listen:

Sorry guys! Had to get ready for a Scout meeting last night. (OK .. see my sad answer above)

BTW ... did anyone bring KIDS to see Harry Potter???? Thats what we saw. I am SO glad I did not bring Ben!!!

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-03-2006, 06:14 PM

Deb
Congrats Deb!

UP Disney
01-03-2006, 06:15 PM
Please feel free to use my design - do you want me to customize it - or do you want something different?

this could get addicting!!!
I'm going back to the beginning to look at all the different shirt designs. I think this is funny! I would definitely say that Julia & Nick's Mom got addicted. And to think this was just in July. How many 1000's of shirts has she done already??

MinnieMouseMom
01-03-2006, 06:22 PM
Congrats on your 2000 posts, Deb!!

bengalbelle
01-03-2006, 06:28 PM

Deb
:cool1: Congratulations Deb!!!!! :cool1:

Tammi67
01-03-2006, 06:29 PM

Deb
Too Cute! And my neck got a good stretch while reading it!

bengalbelle
01-03-2006, 06:29 PM

How awful! I'm glad you made it back safely :goodvibes

Tammi67
01-03-2006, 06:32 PM
My two are exactly 4 years apart and like to say they are the only twins born 4 years apart(they will turn 14 and 10 on Mother's Day). Shh...don't tell anybody but the older one still plays with dolls and Barbies with the younger one. They have their own secret language and it is a very odd night if they are not sleeping in the same bed (twin size). It has been this way since before Abi was born.

Cassidy told us we were going to have a baby...we said no we're not. We found out two weeks later that we were(in April). We didn't have to tell her she said "I am going to have baby sister for my birfday". No sweetie baby is going to be home for your birthday. No baby sisser for my birthday...well okay then. :rolleyes: We let her pick out baby sisser name and only one would do...Abigail...baby Abi. Well what happened but she got baby sister for her birthday!! It was the sweetest sight when she got to hold her baby...she sang to her and they have been nearly inseperable since.
What a sweet story.

itslisa
01-03-2006, 06:32 PM

This was TOO much!!!

Tammi67
01-03-2006, 06:34 PM

Sounds like you had a guardian angel riding with you.

itslisa
01-03-2006, 06:37 PM
This is my prob. I am rarely in pics because I am the one taking them!

Ditti! Personally - I like it BEHIND the camera! :)

itslisa
01-03-2006, 06:39 PM

back

I like them all -- Im LOVING this one!!!!

itslisa
01-03-2006, 06:44 PM
Hi all! All this talk about babies! I love babies!
Ditto! I go to a meeting on Thursdays ... many of the Moms have babies. I LOVE holding them!

DD not back to school till Thurs. I still have some quiet time left! Then the driving starts!
I wish Ben were still home. Our vacation was too short!

My van that was hit by a deer in Nov is just in the shop this week. Talk about being booked huh. Well it'll be good as new after...
Yikes! Just now??? Have you been renting????

Snow here for the next 24 hrs.
Sorry .... but better you than me!!!!! :rotfl:

[QUOTE]Hey is everyone done being sick around here?
Ummm ... Ben had a sick day today, but I think it's just a one day thing.

itslisa
01-03-2006, 06:49 PM
Deb
Congrats on 2000!

itslisa
01-03-2006, 06:52 PM
Too Cute! And my neck got a good stretch while reading it!
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

itdjbw
01-03-2006, 07:11 PM
Poor form on my part -- I thought the accreditation info would appear in the image. Instead I just stole it from the cartoonist's web site. My bad. The strip is called "Mother Goose & Grimm" and the cartoonist is Mike Peters. He's great!

It's called scraplifting......... :rotfl2:

tmfranlk
01-03-2006, 07:11 PM

Yes! Please come back!! It's not the same without you.

bethbuchall
01-03-2006, 07:20 PM
Sorry guys! Had to get ready for a Scout meeting last night. (OK .. see my sad answer above)

BTW ... did anyone bring KIDS to see Harry Potter???? Thats what we saw. I am SO glad I did not bring Ben!!!

We went with our kids 6, 12, and 14, but I really wish the people with the 2-3 year old behind us had left him home (and I bet he did, too!).

Beth

my3princes
01-03-2006, 07:38 PM

Wow, what a sweet story. My older to are best friends and do everything together. They were 25 mths apart and when they we small and riding in our double stroller they were often mistaken for twins. I don't think they look anything alike now though. They still like all the same activities at ages 8 and 10.

Deb

my3princes
01-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Congrats, Deb. Now I have to think of something for 4000...

You're almost at 4000 and Kate's nearly at 5000. Do I hear a posting party coming on?

Deb

itdjbw
01-03-2006, 07:48 PM

We took the kids to HP and they both enjoyed it DD11 and DS7 now DS8.
They have seen all the previous ones too, also took them to dreamer which I loved and Zathura.

tmfranlk
01-03-2006, 07:51 PM

Deb

I love it!!! Congrats. :cool1:

lmartin2711
01-03-2006, 07:51 PM
They have seen all the previous ones too, also took them to dreamer which I loved and Zathura.

I took my two DS (8 and 11) to see Harry Potter, Zathura and Narnia. They were all great movies and the boys loved them.

Lynn

my3princes
01-03-2006, 07:54 PM
Kate, your PM box is full. Make me some room please..

Deb

itdjbw
01-03-2006, 07:54 PM
Busy Server is driving me crazy with so many pages to catch up on :rotfl2:

Love the DL shirt, we have never been but will have to put it on our have to do list, since we started cruising about 5 years ago it is always a hard choice wether the cruise addiction wins or a land vacation - hard choice for me!!!!

tmfranlk
01-03-2006, 08:02 PM

How sweet! She's quite the psychic isn't she.

lmartin2711
01-03-2006, 08:02 PM
Kate, your PM box is full. Make me some room please..

Deb

That's funny....I just tried to PM her also.

Lynn

MinnieMouseMom
01-03-2006, 08:03 PM

Love the DL shirt, we have never been but will have to put it on our have to do list, since we started cruising about 5 years ago it is always a hard choice wether the cruise addiction wins or a land vacation - hard choice for me!!!!

UGH that server busy message is getting on my nerves too! :badpc:

itslisa
01-03-2006, 08:03 PM

My nephew (18) told it was was pretty dark and suggested I not bring my son (7 -- almost 8). So, we finally saw it yesterday and now I know why!! I can't even begin to imagine bringing him.

I've read all the books and LOVED them all.

On the other hand, the movies seem to be getting scarier and scarier. The directors (or screen play writers? someone??) seems to be cutting out whatever positive and leaving all negative/scary behind. Am I wrong??

I realize thebook was big and had to be cut somewhere .... but ....I don't know it was just SO dark. I wonder what the next movie will bring ...... :(

KMH1
01-03-2006, 08:05 PM
Alyssa and I got to hear the baby's heartbeat today! :goodvibes

Amy:)

KMH1
01-03-2006, 08:06 PM
That's funny....I just tried to PM her also.

Lynn

The Queen is so popular! :teeth:

You all can PM me...my box isn't full. :rotfl2:

itslisa
01-03-2006, 08:07 PM

UGH! This is NUTS!

Tammi67
01-03-2006, 08:10 PM

Oh how exciting!!! And where was Kevin???

triplefigs
01-03-2006, 08:10 PM

Oh, how wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats Amy, Kevin, and Alyssa! You are going to have so much fun with the new baby!

miss missy
01-03-2006, 08:13 PM

Wow! Glad you are home and ok!! Whew tough ride for sure!

:grouphug: