PDA

View Full Version : ***Disney Design Addict's Chit Chat,Designs and Pixie Dust! Everybody WELCOME!*** Part 5

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

bear74
01-02-2006, 10:10 AM
I looked at your kids pic a gazillion times, but it just hit me that these two lil boys look like the twins in 7th Heaven... when they were smaller... is it just me or does anyone else see it! I LOVE 7th Heaven BTW and this year it is over :( WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
oh miss missy you are so right they do. I agee I love 7th Heaven and am so sad that theyare calling it quits. I hope they have may and carlos get back togeter and that simon dumps rose.

KMH1
01-02-2006, 10:11 AM
okay - how bored are we!!

I read it and changed it back to unread - what happened?

See, this is the fun I miss when I go to bed early! This experiment would have been right up my alley. :rotfl:

Plus, it would have been an excuse for someone to send me a PM. My box is never full. :rotfl:

Amy :)

KMH1
01-02-2006, 10:15 AM
Okay does anybody else know the movie titled "Elmo Saves Christmas?" In the movie Elmo has a wish and he asks for Christmas to be everyday...

Well, this is what the loving nature of this thread has been to me. Christmas everyday... This week I got two more boxes with ornaments. Lovely ornaments from our Queen Kate and lovely ornaments from Amy and Kevin. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Thank you seems like such a small bit of gratitude, but it's all I've got. So thank you... I will think of all of the special DDAs when I put my tree up next year. For right now, I am cherishing each ornament as I pack them away. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :grouphug: :grouphug:

You're welcome Steffy! Again, I'm sorry that it took me until after Christmas to get to the post office.

We might start taking down our two trees and all the decor today. Kevin is actually at Office Depot right now. He claims it's a new year, so we have to get organized. :p

bear74
01-02-2006, 10:16 AM
Hello all. :wave: I have a question regarding making t-shirts. I have seen some of the designs that you all have made, and think they are amazing!

I have looked at Kate's faq thread, but still have one question. Do you print the designs that you have from the ones listed on your photobucket accounts?

I am going to order the dark transfer paper from ebay, and was wondering about how to print it.

I plan on surprising the whole family with these shirts. I figure if you can't act like a kid at disney, then, where can you?

BTW I think you guys are a hoot!.. I sometimes spit diet coke at my computer screen reading your posts.

Sorry to have been lurking for so long. But what is a shy guy supposed to do? LOL.
welcome we promise not to bite. :rotfl2:
seriously welcome I am shy to in person but on here i dont feel i will get critized for anything I say (Type).

KMH1
01-02-2006, 10:17 AM
PrincessNancy....... did Kate hijack your signature, or are you sucking up to your own sister?! :rotfl:

I'd say she was the victim of a hijacking! :rotfl2:

KMH1
01-02-2006, 10:18 AM
Where is everyone this morning. You all must be resting up after a busy weekend.

Morning Tammi. :wave2:

I had to wait until Sesame Street before I could log on this morning. :teeth:

bear74
01-02-2006, 10:22 AM
Thanks.. I need all the help I can get!
BTW I have called her princess since the day she was born. This is her about 12 months old. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/Butterflykised/ek_2_3.jpg
she is beautiful then and now

Blueeyes101817
01-02-2006, 10:30 AM
has anyone seen Memoirs of a Geisha..my friend wants to go today and im wondering how it is

KMH1
01-02-2006, 10:35 AM
has anyone seen Memoirs of a Geisha..my friend wants to go today and im wondering how it is

Ahhhh, the movies. I remember going to the movies. Oh, the good ole' days. :teeth:

Sorry, I can't help you...don't know anyone who's seen it, but it's gotten decent reviews, from what I've read.

marcij
01-02-2006, 10:41 AM
Tinkaroo -- I hope you have a fabulous trip and cheer those horns on to their National Championship!

Hook 'Em Horns!

bear74
01-02-2006, 10:49 AM
I do remember those days! In fact, when we were first married we only lived 3 hours from Vegas, so we used to do weekends in Vegas quite frequently. Now, I'm lucky if I can outlast the kids!

I'm hoping it doesn't rain for you! It's pouring here, so I'll pray that it stays here in Utah and doesn't affect you at all!
oh please send the rain here. They banned all fireworks no new years eve. that included sparklers. WE are in desperate need of rain.

bear74
01-02-2006, 11:07 AM
[QUOTE=triplefigs]Ok, does everyone have their black eyed peas, collard greens, cornbread, and ham ready for tomorrow? Can't have New Years in the South without those foods. I've got mine simmering on the stove.

QUOTE]
I ate my black eye peas and ham but forget the collard greens

Blueeyes101817
01-02-2006, 11:08 AM
Ahhhh, the movies. I remember going to the movies. Oh, the good ole' days. :teeth:

Sorry, I can't help you...don't know anyone who's seen it, but it's gotten decent reviews, from what I've read.

thanks amy

Tammi67
01-02-2006, 11:10 AM
Morning Tammi. :wave2:

I had to wait until Sesame Street before I could log on this morning. :teeth:

Hi Amy.

Maybe we should just PM each other. Mine rarely has messages in it too!

Tammi67
01-02-2006, 11:13 AM

Speaking of movies...has anyone seen Narnia yet? I am trying to figure out if Alyssa would be able to sit through it. I understand it is 2.5 hrs. long. If we go we would have to leave in about an hour.

Tammi67
01-02-2006, 11:17 AM
Guess what?! You all are going to be costing me an extra 30 bucks a month! That's right, I finally am getting a cable connection. YIPPEE! The Cable Guy is coming on the 13th to install the modem and hook everything up. Now maybe it won't take me so long to read through all of our chattiness. Now I just have to keep saving for the laptop I want.....about a thousand more to go...:(

Princess Nancy
01-02-2006, 11:20 AM
PrincessNancy....... did Kate hijack your signature, or are you sucking up to your own sister?! :rotfl:

Good Thing she lives 600 miles away or I would have to BEAT HER DOWN!!!!!!!! :rotfl2:

I just got on and thought this says I was on at 2:00am!!! No way, I was in Bed by 9 and she knew it since she called me!!!!!

Sad thing is...I don't know if I know how to change it!! You saw my sad little signature!!!!!!

THIS MEANS WAR!!!!! (And maybe I need to change my password????)

Tinkaroo
01-02-2006, 11:21 AM
Goo Thing she lives 600 miles away or I would have to BEAT HER DOWN!!!!!!!! :rotfl2:

I just got on and thoguht this says I was on at 2:00am!!! No way, I was in Bed by 9 and she knew it since she called me!!!!!

Sad thing is...I don't know if I know how to change it!! You saw my sad little signature!!!!!!

That is hilarious!! :teeth:

Blueeyes101817
01-02-2006, 11:23 AM
Goo Thing she lives 600 miles away or I would have to BEAT HER DOWN!!!!!!!! :rotfl2:

I just got on and thoguht this says I was on at 2:00am!!! No way, I was in Bed by 9 and she knew it since she called me!!!!!

i was wondering what everyone was talking about with the sig...kate got ya!!

Tinkaroo
Tinkaroo -- I hope you have a fabulous trip and cheer those horns on to their National Championship!

Hook 'Em Horns!

Thanks marcij!! We will do our best - I know at the very least I'll lose my voice!

Hook'em!!!!

Tammi67
Nancy - you mean you didn't create that sig?! Oh that is too funny!!

I think if you go to USER CP in the top left of this page, and the EDIT OPTIONS or something like that, it will take you to a place where you can pick your timezone.

Blueeyes101817
01-02-2006, 11:25 AM
Hey guys--i just posted this on the photography board, but figured i would ask here too..I have a nikon coolpix 5600..ive only had it since october so im still learning....After i take a picture, the screen goes blank for a few seconds, the red light blinks, then the screen comes back on to take another picture...
my camera never did this before and i was wondering if there was something to change or if it just doesnt matter? haha..thanks!

miss missy
01-02-2006, 11:27 AM
we ended up not going! Joe decided he wanted to go to his friend's house, and i figured id just lay around and get better some more :)

awe... but you DO need to get better! Get to the DR's, it wont hurt to confirm no infection, look at Denise, she got sicker as time went after thinking she was better. Be careful girlie!

bear74
01-02-2006, 11:29 AM
Lets all make a New Years promise for the whole DDA...

If anyone finds something wrote offensive or anything... let's promise to PM to the poster and not bring it on the board.

Who's in?

I am in!! I make my promise!
I am In.

Blueeyes101817
01-02-2006, 11:30 AM
awe... but you DO need to get better! Get to the DR's, it wont hurt to confirm no infection, look at Denise, she got sicker as time went after thinking she was better. Be careful girlie!

i feel a ton better--a bit stuffed up still, but ive taken all my meds, rested, blah blah blah..
i have a 9am appointment tomorrwo at the dentist, and if i still feel sick, ill head to the dr after that..

Princess Nancy
01-02-2006, 11:32 AM
Speaking of movies...has anyone seen Narnia yet? I am trying to figure out if Alyssa would be able to sit through it. I understand it is 2.5 hrs. long. If we go we would have to leave in about an hour.
Wish I could help or someone WOuld Answer. I am going to take the big kids and Grace is going as well. She is only 6. Hope she makes it through.

IGNORE MY SIG ---- IT IS BS!!!!!!!!!!!

julia & nicks mom
01-02-2006, 11:34 AM
Me!?!? Do something like that??

bear74
01-02-2006, 11:35 AM
Glynis -- Thanks for asking. He did not get the first job he interviewed, but is supposed to go through the second round of interviews for the other job he interviewed for. It would be just as great as the first one, so we are trying to be optimistic. Any PD sent his way would be wonderful!

Happy New Year to all!
I had been wondering this as well. I will send lots of :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

julia & nicks mom
01-02-2006, 11:36 AM
Nancy - you mean you didn't create that sig?! Oh that is too funny!!

I think if you go to USER CP in the top left of this page, and the EDIT OPTIONS or something like that, it will take you to a place where you can pick your timezone.
Tammi - you traitor!!! ;)

miss missy
01-02-2006, 11:38 AM
oh miss missy you are so right they do. I agee I love 7th Heaven and am so sad that theyare calling it quits. I hope they have may and carlos get back togeter and that simon dumps rose.

Eww Rose! A mothers nightmare! Poor girl is clueless!!!! :rotfl:

Princess Nancy
01-02-2006, 11:39 AM

Have you been lurking? Just waiting for me to get on here then pounce for the kill??????

I am plotting just you wait!!

(Yes she knew I would not know how to fix it!) :rolleyes:

miss missy
01-02-2006, 11:41 AM
Hey guys--i just posted this on the photography board, but figured i would ask here too..I have a nikon coolpix 5600..ive only had it since october so im still learning....After i take a picture, the screen goes blank for a few seconds, the red light blinks, then the screen comes back on to take another picture...
my camera never did this before and i was wondering if there was something to change or if it just doesnt matter? haha..thanks!

That happens to mine when my batteries are low, check them!

Blueeyes101817
01-02-2006, 11:47 AM
That happens to mine when my batteries are low, check them!

just did that...same thing happened--thanks anyway!!

itslisa
01-02-2006, 11:48 AM

I'm SO excited! I'm actually going on a DATE with my DH! LOL We have school today .. but DH doesn't have work! We're about to head out to the MOVIES!!!! Woohoo!

(sad that we are seeing a movie that's been out since Thanksgiving --- but we want to see it!)

Blueeyes101817
01-02-2006, 11:57 AM
I'm SO excited! I'm actually going on a DATE with my DH! LOL We have school today .. but DH doesn't have work! We're about to head out to the MOVIES!!!! Woohoo!

(sad that we are seeing a movie that's been out since Thanksgiving --- but we want to see it!)

have fun!

bear74
01-02-2006, 12:03 PM
:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes
Happy Anniversary
Kate & Steve
:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes
kate hope you had a great anniversary.

bear74
01-02-2006, 12:05 PM
Not sure I want to see - it being your anniversary and all :rotfl2:

Hope you had a fun day :goodvibes
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

julia & nicks mom
01-02-2006, 12:07 PM
Poor amy - I will send you a PM - and if you want to pretend Dawn and I didn't try - I will play along with you again!!

Sending you a PM now!!! :goodvibes

bear74
01-02-2006, 12:07 PM
I know I know what Kate and Steve did on their anniversary. My Happy Anniversary Phone call interrupted!! :rotfl2: :earseek: :earseek: :rotfl2:
:rotfl: :rotfl2: :earseek:

bengalbelle
01-02-2006, 12:09 PM
Good Thing she lives 600 miles away or I would have to BEAT HER DOWN!!!!!!!! :rotfl2:

I just got on and thought this says I was on at 2:00am!!! No way, I was in Bed by 9 and she knew it since she called me!!!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

cocowum
01-02-2006, 12:12 PM

Oh my gosh, that's so funny. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

bear74
01-02-2006, 12:12 PM
Ds 9 likes to help around the house. He decided to sweep & mop the kitchen floor for me :goodvibes Only problem is he used cooking oil instead of the pine-sol :earseek: So I had a clean slick kitchen floor :rotfl: I about feel on my rear the 1st time I walked in the kitchen :rotfl2: Oh well I did not say anything to him, it's the thought that counts, right :teeth: I have remopped(is that a word)the floor & I think all is well now :goodvibes
Oh my. I amglad you did not fall. Just remember it was the thought thatcounts. :rotfl2:

Glynis
01-02-2006, 12:14 PM
Sorry - I'm on a posting frenzy - making up for lost time I guess! :rolleyes1

If anyone has any advice/tips for DL - I would really appreciate them! (Glynis - your PM's have been invaluable - THANK YOU!! And, I hope to return the favor when you're ready to head to WDW!)

We are staying for 3 nights at the Disneyland Hotel next week, and going to DL/DCA Thursday-Saturday. I've only been to DL once (about 18 years ago! :earseek: ), and DH has never been.

I have done very little planning for this trip, and am beginning to panic! DH tells me to not stress - if we can do WDW, surely we can conquer DL - but I'm an obsessive-compulsive trip planner, and this is abnormal. I'm freaking myself out! :faint:

My biggest suggestion is to get there early, hit all the FL rides first, especially those without fast pass, and when it starts getting crowded, head over to DCA. Also, I'd do Disneyland on Thursday as it will get more and more crowded as the weekend approaches.

Just have a wonderful time, and don't go expecting that you have to do everything WDW style. You won't have anywhere near the walking that you do in WDW, so you can just enjoy the whole experience. Soak up the atmosphere, and remember Walt walked all over the park, so you literally are walking in his footsteps. Take some time to admire Snow White's Grotto. It is such a beautiful spot.

I can't wait to hear about your trip. Hopefully the weather will cooperate!

julia & nicks mom
01-02-2006, 12:18 PM
that's sad? :confused3

then I must be pathetic!!! The last movie we saw in a theatre was Madagascar three weeks ago at the dollar theatre and before that would have been robots in April and before that Nemo - which I saw the week before Nick was born - oh I did go to see how to lose a guy in 10 days with my girlfriends

and that is it in the last two years for our movie theatre history -

Glynis
01-02-2006, 12:19 PM
yep - and if they hang out and give each other ideas...

Julia asked me if she could have her birthday party at Disneyland this year!!

Julia1234 can I come to your Disneyland birthday party? I promise to bring a princess present!

kritter
01-02-2006, 12:19 PM
cheaper by the dozen two is awesome just saw it made me cry twice a must seeee......

Glynis
01-02-2006, 12:21 PM
Thanks for all the great designs, I just found this thread about a week ago and went thru about 700 pages and the designs are amazing.

Also inspired me to order 100 transfer pages as I'm planning on doing some for our Magic cruise and Alaska cruise.

Still have to look at all the links and try my own - hardly moved off the couch lately!!!!

Welcome, Julia. Glad to have you join our crazy family!

julia & nicks mom
01-02-2006, 12:21 PM
Absolutely!!

why don't you invite your friend Jamin along as well ;)

bengalbelle
01-02-2006, 12:23 PM
Just curious, can you tape 2 programs at the same time...and watch the third-it has to be something you've previously taped, not live tv (hope that makes sense) We are able to on our DVR...
I tried this this morning and we are able to watch a previously recorded show while taping on 2 different channels. Our box is a Motorola too, so maybe we have the same one. The only problem we've had is when our electricity goes out it still shows all of the recordings that are set, but doesn't record. The first time it happened was after Hurricane Katrina and when I called in the guy told me I'd have to exchange the box - it was fried. I undo everything, drive 20 miles (each way) and exchange the box. Our electricity went out for a minute a few weeks ago, and the same thing happens with the box. I called the cable company and started fussing at the guy, telling him I wasn't going to keep exchanging the box every few months and he said just unplug it for 5 seconds. Worked like a charm :rotfl:

itdjbw
01-02-2006, 12:24 PM
Julia & Nick's mom, I think it was you who made the name shirt with the characters in them, loved them and of course my name was there, would love to have the rest of the families names so we could all wear them together, were they difficult to do, I think you posted the font but if you remember off hand can you let me know and I will give them a whirl.

DH bought and loaded spintshop deluxe 21 for me about 5 weeks ago so now I will have something to use it for, would it work well for these designs??

bear74
01-02-2006, 12:26 PM
so my parents agreed to take the kids for the day and Steve and I decided to spend our anniversary in the most logical place in the world - our bedroom!! :love2:

you might remember our before pictures of our bedroom:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/kfeldmann/housess1.jpg

and here is the artwork Amy tipped you off about
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/wdwoct2005/2005xmas001.jpg

and this is what we spent our day doing: we had intended to paint the wall a green but I thought the mocha color seemed much richer and I am so happy with that decision!!!
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/wdwoct2005/2005xmas003.jpg
we still have to hang the second curtain (need to put the rods back up) and I need to buy sheers to put behind them
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/wdwoct2005/2005xmas004.jpg
my parents bought us the comforter for Christmas
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/wdwoct2005/2005xmas005.jpg
the wall extends into our bathroom and we got a new shower curtain and towels
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/wdwoct2005/2005xmas006.jpg

poor little Julia came home and told us she thought we were going to frame her artwork and couldn't believe we painted over it :rotfl:
very nice Kate. It looks like you had a very productive day.

bengalbelle
01-02-2006, 12:27 PM
Poor amy - I will send you a PM - and if you want to pretend Dawn and I didn't try - I will play along with you again!!

We should all PM Amy and fill up her box :teeth:

I still don't know how to make a PM unread, though.

Glynis
01-02-2006, 12:32 PM
oh please send the rain here. They banned all fireworks no new years eve. that included sparklers. WE are in desperate need of rain.

I'd gladly send it your way if I could! It's been doing a sleety, rain/snow mix since Friday afternoon. It's really yucky. The kids are here on their last day of winter break, and they can't go outside to play because it's so nasty and cold!

Where in Texas is Dripping Springs? I have a sister in law who lives in Spring, Texas. I know Texas is HUGE, but are you anywhere near?

itdjbw
01-02-2006, 12:35 PM
You guys are so motivated, I bought paint about 3 months ago to paint DD wall behind her bed blue and it is still sitting, now we are getting quotes to paint the entire inside of the house as there are some places that are way to high even with DH's extention ladders and besides we are both so unmotivated and DH pays everyone to do everything for him so he can relax when he gets home.

Glynis
01-02-2006, 12:37 PM

We took our 8 year old and our 6 year old on Friday morning. We loved it! We read it as a family last year, so everyone knew the story. We didn't take the 3 year old twins, as they have a hard time sitting still through a movie, and I wanted to be able to enjoy a movie for once.

I can't say enough good things about this movie! I can't wait to own it! I hope that they continue to make all the rest of the books!

bethbuchall
01-02-2006, 12:41 PM
Wish I could help or someone WOuld Answer. I am going to take the big kids and Grace is going as well. She is only 6. Hope she makes it through.

IGNORE MY SIG ---- IT IS BS!!!!!!!!!!!

It's probably too late, but we went a couple of days ago, and my 6 year old ds made it through with no problems. Your mileage may vary. :goodvibes

Seriously, he has played the game on the computer, so he knew a little of what to expect. He has done movies well for a long time, too.

Beth

Glynis
01-02-2006, 12:42 PM
Absolutely!!

why don't you invite your friend Jamin along as well ;)

I'll try, but he'll probably insist on bringing his wife and baby along.

bear74
01-02-2006, 12:45 PM
Well, it's 11:00 p.m. here in Utah, so I still have another hour to go. All 4 kids are in bed and 3 of them are asleep. Just waiting on DD and then I can play Baby New Year and go to bed. I'm really quite excited about their gifts this year. I was really sneaky in Disneyland in September and got them all stuffed Disney characters that they wanted but didn't have enough money of their own to buy. DD #1 is getting a classic stuffed Mickey, DS is getting a Jedi Mickey, DD #2 is getting a classic Goofy, and DD #3 is getting the 50th anniversary Princess Minnie. I can't wait to see their faces in the morning. I can't believe I didn't cave in and give them to the kids right away.

I sure wish we had a digital camera so I could share some pics with you all, but it was stolen in the Chicago airport on one of DH's business trips. That's the last time I let him take the camera. Until we get some more money, a camera is low on our list of priorities. Did I mention that our large freezer just died? Well, it did. It's only 7 years old, but it died. Not only that, but it was freshly stocked with the deer DH hunted last Fall. He's pretty devastated about all the meat that spoiled. Me, not so much. I'm not that into venison. However, it was meat that we would have used. Oh well, no use crying over spoilt meat, right? Next purchase for us? A new freezer!

Happy New Year everyone! I'm glad that 2006 is treating you all well!
sending :wizard: for the funds for a new freezer.

bear74
01-02-2006, 12:47 PM
Deb finally got me my own account. Happy New Year. I'm going to bed, I'm sure Deb will be here for another hour.

Chris
welcome now deb will have to share computer time on the dis :rotfl2: :rotfl:

bear74
01-02-2006, 12:52 PM
Wouldn't that mean that Kevin, Paul or one of the few other guys would be the dad? Do you think Marti or Amy would be a little upset? :rotfl: :rotfl: I could see the paternity test now "I'm not sure who the Dad is, but I was only DISing with 4 guys and never more than 2 at once". Ok, it's late, I'm a little punchy and this could lead to trouble (although I think Kevin and Skunka Hunka might get a kick out of it)

Deb
LOL :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Brendita
01-02-2006, 12:53 PM
HOS
Morning all.
I'm back on page 1442.
Putting in watchin the Rose Parade.
Isn't it always on th 1st. :confused3
Why did they change it this year?

Tammi67
01-02-2006, 12:58 PM
Me!?!? Do something like that??
Who?? YOU??? No way!!! Never!!!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Tammi67
01-02-2006, 12:59 PM
OOPS....sorry :guilty: ....were you messing with that stuff too???

julia & nicks mom
01-02-2006, 01:01 PM
I'll try, but he'll probably insist on bringing his wife and baby along.
That's okay b/c I will have my husband and two kids with me!!! :rotfl2:

MazdaUK
01-02-2006, 01:02 PM
I can't keep up! Does anyone know why I don't get e-mails about this board any more? At least with those it took me to where I'd left off, now I have to try to guess (and always get it wrong :sad2: )

I get e-mails for most other threads :confused3

Tammi67
01-02-2006, 01:03 PM

then I must be pathetic!!! The last movie we saw in a theatre was Madagascar three weeks ago at the dollar theatre and before that would have been robots in April and before that Nemo - which I saw the week before Nick was born - oh I did go to see how to lose a guy in 10 days with my girlfriends

I am the same way....unless it is a PG movie, I don't see it.

Tammi67
01-02-2006, 01:07 PM
We took our 8 year old and our 6 year old on Friday morning. We loved it! We read it as a family last year, so everyone knew the story. We didn't take the 3 year old twins, as they have a hard time sitting still through a movie, and I wanted to be able to enjoy a movie for once.

I can't say enough good things about this movie! I can't wait to own it! I hope that they continue to make all the rest of the books!
Then we better not go...Alyssa is only 3!

dumby
01-02-2006, 01:10 PM
I can't keep up! Does anyone know why I don't get e-mails about this board any more? At least with those it took me to where I'd left off, now I have to try to guess (and always get it wrong :sad2: )

I don't know the reason but I am getting them only sporadically. Since I work on the computer I just keep a page opened and refresh every so often.

bear74
01-02-2006, 01:13 PM
I don't drink really, but when I do, these FROZEN mudslide is what I get. A real one has a frozen glass with chocolate down the glass and whip cream, looks like a sundea, tis the best drink ever!
sounds like i might have to try this drink.
I usually drink Pina coladas I like sweet drinks.

Tammi67
01-02-2006, 01:13 PM
Does anyone else have this problem....a child that cannot play by themselves, or use their imagination and play with toys? I love my son dearly but sometimes it drives me nuts that he has to constanly be entertained. If it isn't a video or computer game, it doesn't get played with. He just had a birthday, plus Christmas, and got power ranger figures and cars and stuff, and they sit there. It's always "mommy can we do this or mommy can we do that". I don't know if it is a first-born thing (always had my attention) or a boy thing, a combo, or not related at all. Does anyone have any suggestions?

marcij
01-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Brenda -- we went to the parade last year when Texas played in the Rose Bowl, and they told us that the town of Pasadena had made a pact with God that they wouldn't hold the parade when the 1st fell on Sunday (so that people would go to Church instead of skipping for the parade), if he wouldn't let it rain on their parades. I think this year's parade is either the first or second time it has rained!!

dumby
01-02-2006, 01:20 PM
Does anyone else have this problem....a child that cannot play by themselves, or use their imagination and play with toys? I love my son dearly but sometimes it drives me nuts that he has to constanly be entertained. If it isn't a video or computer game, it doesn't get played with. He just had a birthday, plus Christmas, and got power ranger figures and cars and stuff, and they sit there. It's always "mommy can we do this or mommy can we do that". I don't know if it is a first-born thing (always had my attention) or a boy thing, a combo, or not related at all. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have three boys and my first born used to do the same thing. My older two are 17 months apart but the oldest one always wanted MY attention. So not sure if it is first born or a boy thing. When you figure it out let me know. :)

bear74
01-02-2006, 01:25 PM
I also like this one
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/Butterflykised/LeighannaAriel.jpg
I am a big ariel fan so i really like this one.

marcij
01-02-2006, 01:25 PM
Tammi -- my oldest son is that same way. He will play computer games or video games by himself, but needs someone else around to play with his trains, Power Rangers stuff or transformers. My son is ADHD -- off the charts when he was tested. The doctor told us that the video games/computer games are active, always moving and that keeps his interest. The other things require attention and more concentration so Andrew isn't usually as interested in those unless someone is with him. Maybe your son is similar -- not the ADHD part -- in that he loses interest faster?

LeesyUD
01-02-2006, 01:29 PM
just resubscribing..was having problems with email notifications

julia & nicks mom
01-02-2006, 01:33 PM
OOPS....sorry :guilty: ....were you messing with that stuff too???
sorry - I didn't read very carefully - I thought you were telling her how to change her signature!!

I take that back :flower:

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-02-2006, 01:35 PM

My daughter does the same thing. Only she wants me to read her books ALL the time. I really don't mind, though, because at 3 she knows all her letters and sounds and can read some small words.

The thing that gets me is... why did I start using funny voices for all the characters in the books? Now, I can't read any of her books without using weird voices, or she gets mad and says I am not doing it right.

Ummm....Not a problem... unless we're in the waiting room at the drs. office.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

julia & nicks mom
01-02-2006, 01:38 PM
Tammi -

Julia can get lost for hours in her imagination -

Nick has a shorter time span but can do it

maybe it is a first born boy thing :rotfl:

Nancy's DS who is her oldest was like this - he always wanted someone in the room with him - even if you weren't playing with him - he liked to know someone was there - I think he has outgrown that now - I just remember he always wanted me to be in the same room as him - maybe that was b/c he loves me so much!!!!

I do think that Nick would have this problem if he didn't have his older sister to entertain him

KMH1
01-02-2006, 01:38 PM

Wow, it seems when Kate is preoccupied harrassing her sister, that she is extra-nice to me! I feel so special! :rotfl:

But don't worry Nancy, I won't stop picking on Kate. I'm just waiting for some ammunition. ;)

bear74
01-02-2006, 01:39 PM
I have read on here about thank you notes for housekeeping, and for special CM's that make your day truly magical.
So. While I was in my "creative mood" I did this.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/Butterflykised/thank1.jpg

I think it was Kate who coined the phrase "Belle Moment" and I thought that this picture seemed appropriate for thank you notes.
to cute

itdjbw
01-02-2006, 01:41 PM
My DS just turned 8 and often plays on his own even when there are other kids, if they are too wild he will go play on his own, he is always tying stuff to the doors, bunkbeds and ****y trapping his room etc. He has an older sister who being a tween is not into playing with him very often any more.

KMH1
01-02-2006, 01:45 PM
Hi Amy.

Maybe we should just PM each other. Mine rarely has messages in it too!

You're so sweet Tammi! :goodvibes

I think it's probably good that you decided not to take Alyssa to see Narnia. From what I understand (and from what I remember from reading the book), there are some pretty intense scenes.

And, we're working on trying to get (our) Alyssa to play independently. She got so many toys for Christmas!!! :earseek: Of course, her favorite activity right now is to torment both cats and chase them all over the house. :rolleyes: Good luck with Nicholas.

itdjbw
01-02-2006, 01:46 PM
My DS just turned 8 and often plays on his own even when there are other kids, if they are too wild he will go play on his own, he is always tying stuff to the doors, bunkbeds and ****y trapping his room etc. He has an older sister who being a tween is not into playing with him very often any more.

Cant believe I got **** for that, being from South Africa I am not sure the word that is used here when a kid rigs up his room to trip up everyone!!!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

KMH1
01-02-2006, 01:48 PM

The last movie we saw was Chicken Little, because we had free tickets. Alyssa actually watched the whole thing!

But, I am lucky...Kevin did take me to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory for our anniversary this past July.

You rent a lot more movies than we do though Kate. Sometimes I'll go to the library to pick out a few, but we watch so much TV, I usually return them unwatched. :rolleyes:

KMH1
01-02-2006, 01:49 PM
Cant believe I got **** for that, being from South Africa I am not sure the word that is used here when a kid rigs up his room to trip up everyone!!!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

that's hilarious! :rotfl:

Here, I'll try spaces: b o o b y trap

KMH1
01-02-2006, 01:52 PM
We should all PM Amy and fill up her box :teeth:

I still don't know how to make a PM unread, though.

A few of you did! :goodvibes

I have to admit though, I'm so anal, that I clear our box out before it even hits 100, so unless I'm really distracted, our box will never be full. :teeth:

I tried playing around with making a PM unread too, and I couldn't figure it out either. :confused3

KMH1
01-02-2006, 01:59 PM
Should I feel guilty that Kevin is busy putting Christmas decorations away, and I'm sitting here posting? :confused3

I'll help when he starts taking the Disney tree down...it's right next to me. :teeth:

Glynis
01-02-2006, 02:07 PM
HOS
Morning all.
I'm back on page 1442.

Someone's probably already answered this, but in the Rose Parade "rules" it states that they can't have the parade on a Sunday. So, they did it today.

Blueeyes101817
01-02-2006, 02:08 PM

I have to admit though, I'm so anal, that I clear our box out before it even hits 100, so unless I'm really distracted, our box will never be full. :teeth:

I tried playing around with making a PM unread too, and I couldn't figure it out either. :confused3

thats how i am --i delete any PMs that i dont need so i dont get confused--but i rarely get PMs anyways, so its not too hard!haha

KMH1
01-02-2006, 02:13 PM
Should I feel guilty that Kevin is busy putting Christmas decorations away, and I'm sitting here posting? :confused3

I'll help when he starts taking the Disney tree down...it's right next to me. :teeth:

Important update...and yes, I quoted myself! :rotfl:

I kindly suggested that I start working on the Disney tree. He got the box out, and I have put six ornaments back in their boxes.

I also get to refresh my screen after every six I put away from now on. :rotfl2:

Kevin just heard me typing and he rolled his eyes at me. Like this: :rolleyes:

Tee hee! :teeth:

tinker1bell
01-02-2006, 02:22 PM
Terry -

those are really cute and definately something they have never received before

we give cards and the CMs always seem happy to get them

But remember - if you really have a true Belle moment - out of the way awesome and amazing once in a lifetime moment - write a letter to disney - this info is looked at when they talk about promotions, reviews raises, etc

Kate,
That is just what I did when Mario fixed my watch by giving me a new band. I made sure we told his manager and also sent an e-mail thanking them all for a truly pixie dust moment. Steffy will tell you that I was crying while he worked on the watch and then again telling his manager all about it.

Fanny, our Mousekeeper, was showing us all of her things she has kept for years from people thanking her. She had a whole scrapbook. She even had a write up in a local newspaper.

Terry

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-02-2006, 02:22 PM

That's funny... I talk to myself all the time. :rotfl:

bengalbelle
01-02-2006, 02:25 PM
The last movie we saw was Chicken Little, because we had free tickets. Alyssa actually watched the whole thing!
That was the last movie we saw too. Before that was Madagascar :teeth:

We were going to go see Narnia today while Christopher is at my moms, but forgot about all the big bowl games today. Maybe we'll go this weekend.

julia & nicks mom
01-02-2006, 02:26 PM
Important update...and yes, I quoted myself! Amy :)

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

bengalbelle
01-02-2006, 02:29 PM
When Christopher tells me he's bored and doesn't take any of the suggestions I give him, I offer to let him help me clean ;) . Works every time!

julia & nicks mom
01-02-2006, 02:35 PM

so when you send a PM - you can choose to have the pm confirmed - then when it is read - you can tell if the person got it or not

after you read a pm it shows to them as confirmed

you can - after reading a PM - go back in and change it to unread - you do this by clicking on the box you would use to delete and then scrolling to the bottom where the delete option is - one of the options is mark as unread - then your pm box acts like you have never read it - and your little message box at the top says you have 1 new message even though you have read it

but this does not change the status of your pm to the original sender -

when dawn sent me the pm last night - i read it and changed it to unread - but to her it still showed that I had read it -

so you can change it in your message but not in the original senders mailbox - it is like a quote - you can change your original message but once you have been quoted - you can't change their message

does that make sense?!?!? so if someone said the pm had not been read - that means their confirmation status is unread -

so I guess the question you and Dawn are asking - is how can you change the confirmed status not the read status - I am stumped on this one!!!!!

bengalbelle
01-02-2006, 02:37 PM
so when you send a PM - you can choose to have the pm confirmed - then when it is read - you can tell if the person got it or not

after you read a pm it shows to them as confirmed

you can - after reading a PM - go back in and change it to unread - you do this by clicking on the box you would use to delete and then scrolling to the bottom where the delete option is - one of the options is mark as unread - then your pm box acts like you have never read it - and your little message box at the top says you have 1 new message even though you have read it

but this does not change the status of your pm to the original sender -

when dawn sent me the pm last night - i read it and changed it to unread - but to her it still showed that I had read it -

so you can change it in your message but not in the original senders mailbox - it is like a quote - you can change your original message but once you have been quoted - you can't change their message

does that make sense?!?!? so if someone said the pm had not been read - that means their confirmation status is unread -

so I guess the question you and Dawn are asking - is how can you change the confirmed status not the read status - I am stumped on this one!!!!!
Right! That is what I'd like to know how to do. It could be a very useful tool :)
ETA: maybe we should ask over on the Tech Board

itdjbw
01-02-2006, 02:40 PM
that's hilarious! :rotfl:

Here, I'll try spaces: b o o b y trap

Thanks that was the word I was trying to use. :rotfl2:

bengalbelle
01-02-2006, 02:40 PM
Whooooo Hooooooooo BAMA!!!!! :cheer2:

Glynis
01-02-2006, 02:42 PM

I kindly suggested that I start working on the Disney tree. He got the box out, and I have put six ornaments back in their boxes.

I also get to refresh my screen after every six I put away from now on. :rotfl2:

You can always play the pregnancy card. Tell him you're too tired, or that the pregnancy hormones are making you too depressed to undecorate. A few tears would probably help, too.

tinker1bell
01-02-2006, 02:42 PM

Kate,
I got ya beat. I have not been to the movies since about sometime in 2000 :earseek:

bengalbelle
01-02-2006, 02:45 PM
Yeah Gators :cheer2: !

tink2020
01-02-2006, 02:46 PM
Ok, so now that I'm leaving tomorrow :rotfl:

Any of you in Long Island? Newark, DE? Baltimore? :goodvibes

KMH1
01-02-2006, 02:47 PM
You can always play the pregnancy card. Tell him you're too tired, or that the pregnancy hormones are making you too depressed to undecorate. A few tears would probably help, too.

I need to save that card for later Glynis, but thank you for your suggestion. ;)

Taking down the Disney tree isn't so bad...trying to fit the sets back into their boxes is like a puzzle. :teeth:

What I hate is when you find every ornament, except one from a set. You KNOW it's on the tree, probably staring you straight in the face. :rotfl2:

KMH1
01-02-2006, 02:49 PM
I need to save that card for later Glynis, but thank you for your suggestion. ;)

Wait, maybe I should edit this. Doesn't my husband read this thread too? :rotfl:

Yay, I quoted myself again!!!

bengalbelle
01-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Wait, maybe I should edit this. Doesn't my husband read this thread too? :rotfl:

I'm sorry, but when you're pregnant you should have a whole deck of (pregnancy) cards at your disposal. No need to be stingy now :teeth:

tinker1bell
01-02-2006, 02:52 PM
HOS
Morning all.
I'm back on page 1442.

Brenda,
Don't know if you saw it but they said they have never marched on a Sunday.

julia & nicks mom
01-02-2006, 02:57 PM

well - sometimes in life when no one else will talk to you -

you just have to talk to yourself!!!

KMH1
01-02-2006, 03:00 PM
Right! That is what I'd like to know how to do. It could be a very useful tool :)
ETA: maybe we should ask over on the Tech Board

Or maybe Lisa can help us when she gets back from the movies. Lisa, help us! :listen:

I can be so computer illiterate!!! But, at least I can spell illiterate. Didn't even run spell check on that one. :rotfl:

julia & nicks mom
01-02-2006, 03:00 PM
Brenda,
Don't know if you saw it but they said they have never marched on a Sunday.
even if they hadn't had that rule in place - they would have never had the bowl games or the parade compete against the NFL

there are too many conflicting contracts with the networks

KMH1
01-02-2006, 03:05 PM
DAWN!!!

Please clear out your PM box. You popular people. :rolleyes:

rosiejo
01-02-2006, 03:07 PM
Clare, here's a video of the ball drop from last night.

Go to www.cnn.com Click on Ball Drops in NYC
WOw! That was pretty impressive! Thanks for the link - they did a round up of NY celebrations from around the world on our news and showed TS but didn't show the ball drop! Looks like a pretty good party too!

KMH1
01-02-2006, 03:08 PM
well - sometimes in life when no one else will talk to you -

you just have to talk to yourself!!!

That sounds a little condescending Queen. :p

But I will behave, because we all saw what you did to your POOR sister!!!

KMH1
01-02-2006, 03:10 PM
I'm sorry, but when you're pregnant you should have a whole deck of (pregnancy) cards at your disposal. No need to be stingy now :teeth:

True, true. But, he's been pretty helpful during my sickness, and since I am feeling a little better today, I am trying to help too. :teeth:

julia & nicks mom
01-02-2006, 03:11 PM
both of my kids are asleep!!!

The trouble with that is that Julia might be up late tonight!!

Although she was up at 5 this mornign!!

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 03:11 PM
Whooooo Hooooooooo BAMA!!!!! :cheer2:

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rosiejo
01-02-2006, 03:16 PM

How come everyone's taking their decorations down already :confused3 Don't you gys wait until twelth night - January 6th?

julia & nicks mom
01-02-2006, 03:20 PM
How come everyone's taking their decorations down already :confused3 Don't you gys wait until twelth night - January 6th?

we do!!!!

we call it the Epiphany

Julia told me last week - Christmas is over - take down the tree

but that is only b/c she wants to go back to school!!! :rotfl:

Tammi67
01-02-2006, 03:22 PM

I like that you have "rules" for putting away the decorations and dissing....:rotfl:

Tammi67
01-02-2006, 03:25 PM
Ok, so now that I'm leaving tomorrow :rotfl:

Any of you in Long Island? Newark, DE? Baltimore? :goodvibesI'm about 1.5 - 2 hrs. from Baltimore, depending on the time of day. Where are you going? Is this when you are doing your hospital visiting?

Blueeyes101817
01-02-2006, 03:26 PM
minniemousemom--thanks for my random PM--i loved it !

tink2020
01-02-2006, 03:28 PM
I'm about 1.5 - 2 hrs. from Baltimore, depending on the time of day. Where are you going? Is this when you are doing your hospital visiting?

Yeah. The way our trip is working out this time, we'll actually be in Baltimore for several days. We get in on Friday night (from the other cities) and his interview isn't until Tuesday! I've been online today looking for stuff to do. Any suggestions? It really seems like there are a lot of areas to just go and walk around. I don't think we'll do any tours, etc (ie historical tours). We really want to get a feel for living there more than touring there.

Tammi67
01-02-2006, 03:29 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments about your children...now I know that mine is "normal"......lol....

Tammi67
01-02-2006, 03:31 PM
Yeah. The way our trip is working out this time, we'll actually be in Baltimore for several days. We get in on Friday night (from the other cities) and his interview isn't until Tuesday! I've been online today looking for stuff to do. Any suggestions? It really seems like there are a lot of areas to just go and walk around. I don't think we'll do any tours, etc (ie historical tours). We really want to get a feel for living there more than touring there.
The only thing I know about in Baltimore is the Inner Harbor area and the Baltimore Aquarium. You are about 30-45 minutes from DC, and pretty close to Annopolis too, I believe. Other than tourist-y kinda things, I can't help you.

julia & nicks mom
01-02-2006, 03:34 PM
jennifer - I would definately consider taking a side trip to DC or Gettysburg

Definately go check out the inner harbor and the aquarium - with it being winter - I don't know what else to suggest there

I love DC and Gettysburg!!!

miss missy
01-02-2006, 03:34 PM
aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh I am going through my trip pics and correcting red eye so I can save them on cd and decide what to print. Did I say I have 700ish pics! And DD blue eyes are RED in every nite one. Yikes this is take me forever! But wow, how fun was that trip, looking back is sooo fun!

Tammi67
01-02-2006, 03:35 PM
Well look who it is!! :flower: Where have you been hiding?

Tammi67
01-02-2006, 03:38 PM
Kate - we are 2 days into the new year.......did you break your resolution already by dissing in stealth mode??? ;)

KMH1
01-02-2006, 03:38 PM

Obviously we don't. We take them down when Kevin says it's time. He's off today and he doesn't want to worry about it this week, I guess.

I'm lucky he's so helpful. Some other husbands might just say, "You're a SAHM, you do it yourself!" Of course, Kevin knows better than to say that to me. :rotfl:

julia & nicks mom
01-02-2006, 03:40 PM
I just wanted to let you all know: I checked on

PoohAngel: has not posted since the 27th but was on the DIS last night - so I assume she is fine but I did send her a PM

Karebear1 has not posted here in almost a month - but she has posted other places on the DIS are recently as this morning - the nerve of some people!! ;) :rotfl2: I sent her a PM as well

with the holidays it is hard to keep track of who hasn't been around

anyone else you all would like me to check up on?

tinker1bell
01-02-2006, 03:40 PM

Jennifer,
Baltimore is really a neat place to visit. Steffy and I are about an hour and half from there. There is the inner harbor which has a lot to see. If you like ribs, there is a place off Padonia Rd exit, I think on York Rd called Corner Stable. It looks like not much from the outside but the ribs are best ever. When my one sister (tinker1bell's sister) came to visit, we stopped there coming from the airport and also when I took her back :rotfl:
Terry

bethbuchall
01-02-2006, 03:41 PM

We do! Though we are the last amongst our friends to take down our decorations. My grandfather called January 6th "little Christmas" and I still feel a need to be decorated until at least the 7th.

Beth

julia & nicks mom
01-02-2006, 03:41 PM
Kate - we are 2 days into the new year.......did you break your resolution already by dissing in stealth mode??? ;)

I meant to post and tell you all that I just can't do it -

sorry but I had it off for 12 hours yesterday and it was a problem

my3princes
01-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Anyone waiting for CVS to go 75% off on their christmas stuff? One of ours did today and the other is tomorrow.

Deb

bethbuchall
01-02-2006, 03:51 PM

I missed this, I guess. Do you get too many PM's when you aren't "undercover?" As long as you're still posting, stealth mode is fine with me. :goodvibes And as long as I can make some requests if/when I need to! :rotfl:

As you can tell, I haven't had a chance to go back through all the posts I've missed over the past couple of weeks. I think I may just "start fresh," since I can barely keep up as it is.

Anything that I NEED to know? Amy, you're good at re-caps, aren't you? :flower:

Beth

my3princes
01-02-2006, 03:53 PM
Deb, I had posted this on the Weight loss site. But this might help for those who have not looked at that site and may also help to differ your water bottle from the others. I cut up slices of oranges, lemons and some limes and put them on a plate and froze them. When frozen, store them in baggies and when getting my water ready for work, I put one of them in my water bottle with ice and it is just enough flavor for the day.

That is a great idea. I'm on low carb so the fruit slices don't work for me as they have carbs. I buy the flavored spring water sweetened with
Splenda. There are actually lots of different brands out there and they taste so good. You don't even realize your drinking water.

Deb

julia & nicks mom
01-02-2006, 03:55 PM
I missed this, I guess. Do you get too many PM's when you aren't "undercover?" As long as you're still posting, stealth mode is fine with me. :goodvibes And as long as I can make some requests if/when I need to! :rotfl:

As you can tell, I haven't had a chance to go back through all the posts I've missed over the past couple of weeks. I think I may just "start fresh," since I can barely keep up as it is.

Anything that I NEED to know? Amy, you're good at re-caps, aren't you? :flower:

Beth

Beth - I get a lot of PMs when people see I am on and I feel like if they see me on - they expect faster turnaround - the pressure was just too much for me!!! ;) Feel free to make requests anytime!!

tink2020
01-02-2006, 03:55 PM
jennifer - I would definately consider taking a side trip to DC or Gettysburg

Definately go check out the inner harbor and the aquarium - with it being winter - I don't know what else to suggest there

I love DC and Gettysburg!!!

We thought about going to DC for a day, but the darn transportation site is SO not easy to understand. We hate paying $20+ to park for the day, so we were looking at Metrorail. But I dont know how to get INTO the DC area from Baltimore to begin with :rotfl:

tink2020
01-02-2006, 03:57 PM
Jennifer,
Baltimore is really a neat place to visit. Steffy and I are about an hour and half from there. There is the inner harbor which has a lot to see. If you like ribs, there is a place off Padonia Rd exit, I think on York Rd called Corner Stable. It looks like not much from the outside but the ribs are best ever. When my one sister (tinker1bell's sister) came to visit, we stopped there coming from the airport and also when I took her back :rotfl:
Terry

Thanks! It seems they aren't lacking in restaurants. While I was perusing a few sites, I came up with LOTS of places to eat. Maybe we could just do that all day ... I dont think that's a wise idea, though :rotfl:

julia & nicks mom
01-02-2006, 03:58 PM
We thought about going to DC for a day, but the darn transportation site is SO not easy to understand. We hate paying $20+ to park for the day, so we were looking at Metrorail. But I dont know how to get INTO the DC area from Baltimore to begin with :rotfl:
I would drive down and park at a metro station - it is 3.25 for the day to park at the one in silver spring - the station is called wheaton

then you could just take the metro into the heart of the city - it would take you everywhere you want to go

bethbuchall
01-02-2006, 04:00 PM
Beth - I get a lot of PMs when people see I am on and I feel like if they see me on - they expect faster turnaround - the pressure was just too much for me!!! ;) Feel free to make requests anytime!!

I may be making requests, but I'll be sure to give you plenty of time. My parents gave us their time share time to use in August, so it looks like we're almost definite on that trip for dd's 13th birthday! I want to try making shirts myself, but you and others here are so good, I may be making some requests.

Beth

my3princes
01-02-2006, 04:01 PM
If you don't frame it, and you cut it out square, it will look like this. I used a corner-rounder from my scapbooking stuff so I didn't have pointy corners.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/tammi67/WDW%20December%202005/Day%20Three%20AK%20and%20MGM/048.jpg

ETA: Nevermind, as I read further I saw that you got the bordering thing down.

Tammi those looked great.

Deb

bethbuchall
01-02-2006, 04:02 PM
Jennifer--

I was in Baltimore for one school year. I spent my freshman year at Johns Hopkins before deciding to transfer to a school with a better computer sciences department (and closer to home). I can't help you out much, but I do have fond memories of the Inner Harbor and the aquarium there.

Beth

Tammi67
01-02-2006, 04:05 PM

That is funny. Not haha funny but interesting funny. We must have a heck of a lot of lurkers on here. Come on people, come out of the closet!!

You sure have made quite a name for yourself here!:goodvibes

Tammi67
01-02-2006, 04:07 PM
Tammi those looked great.

Deb
Thank you, Deb.

Tammi67
01-02-2006, 04:09 PM
Take I295, the BW Parkway (Baltimore-Washington) from Baltimore to DC.

my3princes
01-02-2006, 04:10 PM
just did that...same thing happened--thanks anyway!!

If it is a new camera it sounds like it takes a while to write between photos. I bought one that was like that and returned it and bought one that took photos much quicker. I don't know the proper terminology for it.

Deb

my3princes
01-02-2006, 04:14 PM

Years ago I worked at a movie theater and saw everything that came out. It was free. What a great job for a teen. Last year the boys gave me $20 in movie gift certificate. I finally gave them to my dad to take the boys to something cause I never find time to go. I don't even remember the last movie I saw. Pitiful Huh?

karebear1
I just wanted to let you all know: I checked on

Karebear1 has not posted here in almost a month - but she has posted other places on the DIS are recently as this morning - the nerve of some people!! ;) :rotfl2: I sent her a PM as well

with the holidays it is hard to keep track of who hasn't been around

anyone else you all would like me to check up on?

You talkin' about me?? Did you rub my lamp?!?!?! Did I hear my name used in vain????

I'm around every now and again- mostly reading and trying to get through the dark depressing days in Portland Oregon. I hate rain and gray! Snow is so much better. At least after the snow is done, the sun comes out and it makes everything brighter. Thansk for thinking about me- maybe I'll come and gather some sunshine from my old friends!

julia & nicks mom
That is funny. Not haha funny but interesting funny. We must have a heck of a lot of lurkers on here. Come on people, come out of the closet!!

You sure have made quite a name for yourself here!:goodvibes
I think you all would be shocked by the number of people who register to make requests -

I would be so rich if I was getting paid for this!!! :rotfl:

julia & nicks mom
01-02-2006, 04:17 PM
You talkin' about me?? Did you rub my lamp?!?!?! Did I hear my name used in vain????

I'm around every now and again- mostly reading and trying to get through the dark depressing days in Portland Oregon. I hate rain and gray! Snow is so much better. At least after the snow is done, the sun comes out and it makes everything brighter. Thansk for thinking about me- maybe I'll come and gather some sunshine from my old friends!

:wave2:

my3princes
01-02-2006, 04:18 PM
welcome now deb will have to share computer time on the dis :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Since I'm borrowing my brothers signal on my computer in the living room he can still connect with dial up in the bedroom. Now I just need to show him all the ins and outs.

Deb

my3princes
01-02-2006, 04:21 PM

Paul recently shared a tip for that. Go to the Creative Designs forum, you will see the thread listed. To the left of the thread name there is a little blue box with a check mark in it. Click on that and it will bring you to the correct page. Gotta love Paul.

Deb

tinker1bell
01-02-2006, 04:25 PM
Kate,
I think it was you who posted you were going to DC?
If so, what hotel are you staying at?
Even tho it is only January, I want to make sure to be able to get a room.
Has there been a start to thinking about when to meet?

Thanks

Terry

julia & nicks mom
01-02-2006, 04:29 PM
Kate,

Thanks

Terry

I think we will be staying at the Ritz - compliments of DH's corporate rate for the conference -

I don't think many details have been ironed out yet!!

Marti and Tmlfrank(definte maybe) - have told me they are going in pms - and of course tammi and Elin - :goodvibes we need to figure out when everyone can get there

my3princes
01-02-2006, 04:30 PM

:rotfl2: Too Funny. You quoted yourself.

Deb

Tammi67
01-02-2006, 04:32 PM
Kate,

Thanks

Terry
Yes! I volunteered to coordinate that. If you all let me know if you are planning to attend, I can figure out how many rooms we need and get some reserved. Hopefully we will have enough to get some sort of a group discount.

BTW - check out my new ticker!!

Glynis
01-02-2006, 04:36 PM

KAREBEAR1 You came home!!!!!! Oh, my friend, I have missed you so! How was your holiday? Is your move still on? What's going on?

julia & nicks mom
01-02-2006, 04:43 PM
Yes! I volunteered to coordinate that. If you all let me know if you are planning to attend, I can figure out how many rooms we need and get some reserved. Hopefully we will have enough to get some sort of a group discount.

thanks tammi

and congrats on a nwe ticker -I am so JEALOUS!!

my3princes
01-02-2006, 04:48 PM
Paul recently shared a tip for that. Go to the Creative Designs forum, you will see the thread listed. To the left of the thread name there is a little blue box with a check mark in it. Click on that and it will bring you to the correct page. Gotta love Paul.

Deb

I'm quoting my self too.... Speaking of Paul, Chris is looking forward to playing with Paul and Marti. He is very quick witted too. I promised less sarcasm, but he didn't ;). I hope that whoever offended Marti has made every effort to make ammends. I'd hate to have to kick some DDA butt. :goodvibes

Deb

dumby
01-02-2006, 04:48 PM
Has Midnite been on lately?

my3princes
01-02-2006, 04:52 PM

Congrats. Something to look forward too.

Does anyone have any tips on a good non Disney cruise line that has a casino and lots for kids to do? We are thinking of doing a Christmas Cruise next year (with few days in Disney) but DCL doesn't meet everyone in our family's needs. Would love to here details.

Deb

tinker1bell
01-02-2006, 04:53 PM
I think we will be staying at the Ritz - compliments of DH's corporate rate for the conference -

I don't think many details have been ironed out yet!!

Marti and Tmlfrank(definte maybe) - have told me they are going in pms - and of course tammi and Elin - :goodvibes we need to figure out when everyone can get there

It would be better for Steffy and I to come Saturday and stay the night. Just a little too far to come just for the day. Looking forward to it. :cheer2: :cheer2: :goodvibes

tink2020
01-02-2006, 04:58 PM
Take I295, the BW Parkway (Baltimore-Washington) from Baltimore to DC.

Oh, I meant as far as public transportation. Sorry for the confusion :blush:

tink2020
01-02-2006, 04:59 PM
I would drive down and park at a metro station - it is 3.25 for the day to park at the one in silver spring - the station is called wheaton

then you could just take the metro into the heart of the city - it would take you everywhere you want to go

PERFECT! Thanks so much. I knew you could get a Metrorail pass for like $6.50/day (unlimited), but I didn't know where to start :goodvibes

tink2020
01-02-2006, 05:00 PM

Please do ::yes::

itdjbw
01-02-2006, 05:01 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments about your children...now I know that mine is "normal"......lol....

They are all 'normal' it is just the ages and stages they go thru. :rotfl2:

tink2020
01-02-2006, 05:02 PM
=

:confused3

rosiejo
01-02-2006, 05:09 PM

:wave: Hope you had a great holidays and a Happy New Year

julia & nicks mom
01-02-2006, 05:13 PM
Has Midnite been on lately?
Midnite is a sporadic poster - so it is not that unusual that she hasn't posted in a few days -

I did pm her though!

rosiejo
01-02-2006, 05:17 PM
Just wondering - people keep talking about Marti and Paul - are they taking a vacation from us or leaving us forever?

itdjbw
01-02-2006, 05:25 PM

Does anyone have any tips on a good non Disney cruise line that has a casino and lots for kids to do? We are thinking of doing a Christmas Cruise next year (with few days in Disney) but DCL doesn't meet everyone in our family's needs. Would love to here details.

Deb

We have been on 3 Carnival cruises and 3 Princess cruises, we went on Carnival this last spring break and had a great time, we were on the Glory out of PC but decided that if we weren't doing DCL, Princess will be our line of choice, we have a B2B booked on Princess for September, we really enjoyed our 3 Carnival but they are not as nice as Princess with a more rowdy crowd.
The shows on Carnival and Princess were both great, both have casino and lots of things going on.

Princess only do 7 night as there shortest and leave from FL.

We were going to try RCCL but my sister went on that with her kids and DH and they thought the kids would skate and rock climb but the lines were always so long they never got to do it all week. That was her first cruise and she never got hooked so we decided to stick to what we know but we have heard good about them.

This is just our opinion but remember ' a bad day at sea is better than a good day at work'. :rotfl2:

julia & nicks mom
Just wondering - people keep talking about Marti and Paul - are they taking a vacation from us or leaving us forever?
Marti said she is not coming back - I have been trying to convince her to come back but she is still very upset -

I REALLY hope it is just a vacation!!!

tink2020
Clare -- PMed you :goodvibes

ksoehrlein
01-02-2006, 05:28 PM
Wow. I've missed quite a bit since the 30th. Thanks for the birthday wishes, both here and on my birthday thread. And happy anniversary (a bit late to Kate and Mr Kate)!

Happy new year, everyone.

Is there a letter-writing (or PMing) campaign to bring Marti and Hunka back to our board? I have no idea what happened while I was offline, but I hate that the end result seems to have been their leaving us.

I am pretty sarcastic in real life, so thanks for the new years' resolution suggestion to keep the sarcasm out of our posts. I will try my best to be mindful. If I've offended anyone in the past, I truly am sorry.

julia & nicks mom
01-02-2006, 05:33 PM
Wow. I've missed quite a bit since the 30th. Thanks for the birthday wishes, both here and on my birthday thread. And happy anniversary (a bit late to Kate and Mr Kate)!

Happy new year, everyone.

Is there a letter-writing (or PMing) campaign to bring Marti and Hunka back to our board? I have no idea what happened while I was offline, but I hate that the end result seems to have been their leaving us.

I am pretty sarcastic in real life, so thanks for the new years' resolution suggestion to keep the sarcasm out of our posts. I will try my best to be mindful. If I've offended anyone in the past, I truly am sorry.
Definately send her a PM!!!

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 05:38 PM
we're under a tornado warning. having lots of hail. in our storm room. one tornado hit already. bad, bad weather. PD please. on Dh's laptop.

Tammi67
01-02-2006, 05:41 PM

Deb
I have been on both Norwegian and Carnival. Norwegian was great, however it's been about 15 yrs., since and I don't know what they are like now. I will NEVER do another Carnival cruise again. Inexpensive, yes, but it shows. They have a GREAT kids club however, but because of that there are a LOT of kids. I found the older ones to be running around all over the place, unsupervised. To each his own, but I didn't like Carnival.

My parents have done Royal Caribbean a few times, and love that line. Quite a few of my friends have too. If we were to do another, I think we would do Royal.

Blueeyes101817
01-02-2006, 05:44 PM
If it is a new camera it sounds like it takes a while to write between photos. I bought one that was like that and returned it and bought one that took photos much quicker. I don't know the proper terminology for it.

Deb

it is a newer camera--october ..but i have used it a bunch of times and never had this problem...
I guess its not really a problem...i can still use it, i just thought it was different..thanks!!

Tammi67
01-02-2006, 05:44 PM
Marti said she is not coming back - I have been trying to convince her to come back but she is still very upset -

I have been too, but she is still upset and afraid she might not hold her tongue.

Come back Marti!!

tink2020
01-02-2006, 05:45 PM
we're under a tornado warning. having lots of hail. in our storm room. one tornado hit already. bad, bad weather. PD please. on Dh's laptop.

Prayers and Pixie Dust coming your way! Tornadoes are scary! :grouphug:

tink2020
01-02-2006, 05:46 PM
I have been too, but she is still upset and afraid she might not hold her tongue.

Come back Marti!!

I see your ticker now! I couldn't see it before :confused3 Congratulations! :goodvibes

Blueeyes101817
01-02-2006, 05:46 PM

Deb

Royal caribbean!!! Ive cruise 2 times with them and am going again on Sunday...I dont have experience with the kids clubs, but i saw a ton of kids going in and out all the time and they seemed to be having fun..
definitely has a casino--i was in there a few times1
any other specific questions?

Tammi67
01-02-2006, 05:47 PM
Here you go.....:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :grouphug: . I'm sure the kiddos are frightened.

We have had rain all day, but that's it. Hopefully it won't come up this way.

Blueeyes101817
01-02-2006, 05:50 PM

be careful denise!!

Tammi67
01-02-2006, 05:52 PM
Ok, regarding the DC meet in July. Everyone who is SERIOUSLY interested, PM me for how many nights you would need. Can we do 2 of us to a room or do you want your own room? Closing date on this will be a week from today, 1/9, then I will call and make ressies. Does this sound good to everyone???

I think I will start a thread on this too, so no one misses it.

tinker1bell
01-02-2006, 05:55 PM

Oh Denise, NO :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Take care

I better call my sister

Princess Nancy
01-02-2006, 05:55 PM
I am back from the movies and after much work on my part...I have Fixed my sig..........

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Princess Nancy
01-02-2006, 05:56 PM
Denise, Wishing you lots of good luck! :wizard:

julia & nicks mom
01-02-2006, 06:01 PM
and I was working on a nice signature to replace the other one!

and I think older sister of the queen would actually make you disowned ;)

Princess Nancy
01-02-2006, 06:03 PM
and I was working on a nice signature to replace the other one!
Sure you were!!!!!! ;)
and I think older sister of the queen would actually make you disowned ;)

Who??? in their right mind names you the Queen anyway? I am the smarter, older, reaping the rewards of Royalty without the work!!!

tinknme
01-02-2006, 06:11 PM
Sending :wizard: your way!

julia & nicks mom
01-02-2006, 06:12 PM
Who??? in their right mind names you the Queen anyway? I am the smarter, older, reaping the rewards of Royalty without the work!!!
it was pretty much unanimous

if you would like to try your hand at it for a day - go for it

the requirements are:
knowing everyone's names and posting habits
pming when someone hasn't posted for a while
computer help
putting out fires
designing t-shirts

and your normal method of design - calling your younger sister - won't work for this!!! :rotfl2:

how do you like your new avatar - julia1234 designed it for you - it took a lot of convincing to talk her out of putting Belle in there!!! :rotfl:

But now I can tell you apart from bear

legalslave
01-02-2006, 06:21 PM

Oh my! How scary! Pixie dust that it passes by and soon. What's going to happen to you next? You should write a book.

Eeyorecln
01-02-2006, 06:28 PM

This is what I miss most about Ia. since we moved here. DH is glad not to have to shovel snow all winter but I think it's way prettier than this dreary rain. I'm always in a funk winters out here. :guilty:

legalslave
01-02-2006, 06:31 PM
Denise, how about an update? Everyone okay?

legalslave
01-02-2006, 06:33 PM
Has anyone else been having trouble with the server being "too busy" the past few days? It's really getting annoying.

legalslave
01-02-2006, 06:35 PM
it was pretty much unanimous

if you would like to try your hand at it for a day - go for it

the requirements are:
knowing everyone's names and posting habits
pming when someone hasn't posted for a while
computer help
putting out fires
designing t-shirts

and your normal method of design - calling your younger sister - won't work for this!!! :rotfl2:

how do you like your new avatar - julia1234 designed it for you - it took a lot of convincing to talk her out of putting Belle in there!!! :rotfl:

But now I can tell you apart from bear

So nice to see sisters playing so nicely together!

bethbuchall
01-02-2006, 06:36 PM

I must have missed something big here. I really like Marti's and Paul's posts alot! Do you think I should PM her, too, just to let her know that I would miss her if she doesn't come back? Do you think she'd even know who I was?

I don't want any of the details...I just want Marti back!

Beth

bethbuchall
01-02-2006, 06:39 PM

Prayers and pixie dust to you! That must be scary.

Beth

Blueeyes101817
01-02-2006, 06:41 PM
Has anyone else been having trouble with the server being "too busy" the past few days? It's really getting annoying.

ive been getting that alot!

bethbuchall
01-02-2006, 06:43 PM

I have been getting that a lot today. It is annoying.

Beth

Eeyorecln
01-02-2006, 06:45 PM
:wizard: :wizard: Hope everyone stays safe and your kids do OK.

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 06:58 PM
Quick update: all is well. storms have moved through. Lost a big tree branch that tore a huge hole in the kid's swing set (the colored fabric fort part). Other than that,we're fine.

I'll be back on later.

Blueeyes101817
01-02-2006, 06:59 PM
glad your okay denise!

my3princes
01-02-2006, 07:04 PM
We have been on 3 Carnival cruises and 3 Princess cruises, we went on Carnival this last spring break and had a great time, we were on the Glory out of PC but decided that if we weren't doing DCL, Princess will be our line of choice, we have a B2B booked on Princess for September, we really enjoyed our 3 Carnival but they are not as nice as Princess with a more rowdy crowd.
The shows on Carnival and Princess were both great, both have casino and lots of things going on.

Princess only do 7 night as there shortest and leave from FL.

We were going to try RCCL but my sister went on that with her kids and DH and they thought the kids would skate and rock climb but the lines were always so long they never got to do it all week. That was her first cruise and she never got hooked so we decided to stick to what we know but we have heard good about them.

This is just our opinion but remember ' a bad day at sea is better than a good day at work'. :rotfl2:

Thanks. So I have a vote for Princess, two for Royal Caribbean and a definate no to carnival. Any more cruisers out there.

Blueeyes101817
01-02-2006, 07:12 PM
Thanks. So I have a vote for Princess any others votes out there?

royal caribbean! i thought i posted earlier, but it might not have worked..
ive cruise them 2 times and will be leaving again with them on sunday. The kid sseemed like they were having fun!! i can answer any specific questions if you have any

tinknme
01-02-2006, 07:18 PM
Yes :badpc: It has been doing that alot to me.

my3princes
01-02-2006, 07:22 PM
Our cable connection has been only working off an on today and when I finally get on the server is too busy. So frusterating. Good thing I'm heading to bed early tonight. Regular work day for me tomorrow. Nephew will be here at 7 AM.

Deb

Blueeyes101817
01-02-2006, 07:23 PM
i hate the server is too busy thing--its driving me nuts!

Steffy
01-02-2006, 07:26 PM

Something tells me there are some happy figs down in GA!!!!

legalslave
01-02-2006, 07:27 PM
Thanks. So I have a vote for Princess, two for Royal Caribbean and a definate no to carnival. Any more cruisers out there.

I have been on 6 Celebrity cruises, 1 Royal Caribbean and 1 Holland America Line. I will never sail Holland American again. The Royal Caribbean was very good and had a lot of kids' activities (I had my grandchildren with me on that trip). My favorite line, obviously, is Celebrity, but I have had no experience with their kids' programs. I have heard, however, that during normal school vacations when many children are likely to cruise, their program is great.

Try doing research on cruisecritic.com. Great site for cruisers.

KMH1
01-02-2006, 07:30 PM
I must have missed something big here. I really like Marti's and Paul's posts alot! Do you think I should PM her, too, just to let her know that I would miss her if she doesn't come back? Do you think she'd even know who I was?

Beth

I think a PM from you would be very thoughtful, Beth. Marti needs to know how much we all miss her (I tell her every day! :goodvibes )

Oh, and I believe earlier you asked about recaps...I'm only good at cutting and pasting recap lists that others have created, but for some reason, I always seem to get credit for them, even when I admit I didn't write the recap list. :rotfl: (does that even make sense?!!)

KMH1
01-02-2006, 07:33 PM
This busy server business is causing me to duplicate posts! :blush:

Blueeyes101817
01-02-2006, 07:33 PM
I think a PM from you would be very thoughtful, Beth. Marti needs to know how much we all miss her (I tell her every day! :goodvibes )

Oh, and I believe earlier you asked about recaps...I'm only good at cutting and pasting recap lists that others have created, but for some reason, I always seem to get credit for them, even when I admit I didn't write the recap list. :rotfl: (does that even make sense?!!)

darn amy--now how am i gonna get caught up when i get home from vacation?! hahahahaha

KMH1
01-02-2006, 07:34 PM

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

I see that you've updated us, but it doesn't hurt to send some more pixie dust to ward off future storms! :teeth:

We're having a nasty thunderstorm this evening in Cincinnati too...kinda weird since it's January!

KMH1
01-02-2006, 07:36 PM
darn amy--now how am i gonna get caught up when i get home from vacation?! hahahahaha

Well, personally I think the Queen should add recap lists to her job description. I don't think she has enough to do! :rotfl:

tinker1bell
01-02-2006, 07:36 PM
Thanks. So I have a vote for Princess any others votes out there?

WAY back in 87' DH and I went on NCL on the Norway. It was a Big Band themed cruise but I could see that there was a lot for kids to do. One night there was a costume party and families dressed up for it.
I was in heaven because we saw Tony Bennet perform. And Ruby Keeler from the original 42nd Street came out after the show to wave hi. I think they still do some themed cruises. You could watch TV that night to see what all had happened that day. I really want to do a cruise in 07'

my3princes
01-02-2006, 07:37 PM
I have been on 6 Celebrity cruises, 1 Royal Caribbean and 1 Holland America Line. I will never sail Holland American again. The Royal Caribbean was very good and had a lot of kids' activities (I had my grandchildren with me on that trip). My favorite line, obviously, is Celebrity, but I have had no experience with their kids' programs. I have heard, however, that during normal school vacations when many children are likely to cruise, their program is great.

Try doing research on cruisecritic.com. Great site for cruisers.

Thanks I'll try cruisecritic.com

Deb

Blueeyes101817
01-02-2006, 07:38 PM
Well, personally I think the Queen should add recap lists to her job description. I don't think she has enough to do! :rotfl:

uh oh kate--did ya see this?!?! ;)

KMH1
01-02-2006, 07:43 PM
uh oh kate--did ya see this?!?! ;)

Well, aren't you a troublemaker! :teeth:

Blueeyes101817
01-02-2006, 07:44 PM
Well, aren't you a troublemaker! :teeth:

not meeee!!! im the good one, i promise :teeth:

Steffy
01-02-2006, 07:52 PM

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

itdjbw
01-02-2006, 07:53 PM

Yes, very annoying both the laptop and desktop and drives me crazy as I have little patience as it is.
Nice to know it is not just me. :rotfl:

marcij
01-02-2006, 07:58 PM
Deb -- We took the kids on a 4 day RCCL cruise on my company retreat. It was their first cruise and they had a great time! They went on scavenger hunts and did lots of cool things. I've been on two other RCCL cruises, without kids, and they were great, too. If we weren't doing the Magic later this summer, we would either do a RCCL, or a cruise on one of the Princess ships. My parents cruise on Princess at least once a year. The next one they are doing takes them through Africa. I'm green with envy!!

itdjbw
01-02-2006, 07:59 PM

Not that we would never go on Carnival again, if the ports and dates suited us we would but if it compared to Princess we would choose PCL unless it was a huge price difference not just a couple of hundred.

itdjbw
01-02-2006, 08:07 PM
We are doing the Magic first official double dip to Castaway Cays in May, we did an unscheduled double dip on our first Magical cruise. This will be our 4th on the Magic and the only thing lacking is a Casino besides that we love it, the kids love it.

Maybe I need to try wet my creative juices for some T's for this cruise!! :rotfl2:

WeLoveTheMouse
01-02-2006, 08:10 PM
Well, we just heard a mistake on our new Disney Bingo DVD game. The spot was for Sleeping Beauty/Princess Aurora and the voice over said something about Prince Charming looking for her. :earseek: I think that might tick Cinderella off! :rotfl:

We have that too! I was wondering if Prince Phillip & Prince Charming would get in a fight!

itdjbw
01-02-2006, 08:22 PM
Cruisecritic also seems to be going really slow tonight.

tink2020
01-02-2006, 08:29 PM
I am back from the movies and after much work on my part...I have Fixed my sig..........

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Very nice :goodvibes

tink2020
01-02-2006, 08:31 PM

Beth

In my opinion, that's the best kind of PM .... I don't need to know what happened, we just miss you! :goodvibes You should

tink2020
01-02-2006, 08:34 PM
Quick update: all is well. storms have moved through. Lost a big tree branch that tore a huge hole in the kid's swing set (the colored fabric fort part). Other than that,we're fine.

I'll be back on later.

Thanks for checking in! We had some horrible winds last year (2 years ago?) that knocked down my sister's playhouse, messed up the yard etc.... I'm so glad you're safe and the playset is replaceable! But still pass on hugs to the kids... that's hard to deal with sometimes! (Until/unless a better toy comes along... :rolleyes: ) :grouphug:

Tammi67
01-02-2006, 08:35 PM
Something tells me there are some happy figs down in VA!!!!
That's GA for her. Elin and I are in VA.;)

miss missy
01-02-2006, 08:39 PM

It just started now... I think I caught it from you :rotfl:

my3princes
01-02-2006, 08:42 PM
I checked out cruisecritic and there is a ton of information to wade through. It will take me days to look through that site. Personally I would love to do a Disney cruise, but my Dad really wants to do something less kiddie. He says our big family vacations always revolve around the kids (duh) I've told him that things won't be changing in that department for at least 15 years and I could have grandkids by then. I thought a non Disney cruise followed by WDW would be a nice compromise. Besides if I buy into DVC I'll have some points to use :cool1:

Deb

KMH1
01-02-2006, 08:47 PM
Hey Deb,

I know you're going to bed early tonight, but you're getting really close to 2000 posts! Do you have a speech written? :teeth:

legalslave
01-02-2006, 08:49 PM
I checked out cruisecritic and there is a ton of information to wade through. It will take me days to look through that site. Personally I would love to do a Disney cruise, but my Dad really wants to do something less kiddie. He says our big family vacations always revolve around the kids (duh) I've told him that things won't be changing in that department for at least 15 years and I could have grandkids by then. I thought a non Disney cruise followed by WDW would be a nice compromise. Besides if I buy into DVC I'll have some points to use :cool1:

Deb

Yes, it's like a disboard for cruisers. I think the cruising for families forum would suit your needs best at first.

tink2020
01-02-2006, 08:51 PM
Does cruisecritic have DCL info? Not that I would need more info than I could find on the DISboards ( :rotfl2: ), but you never know ...

I will maybe have time to look later, I just didn't know if you all that are familiar with it already know.

:goodvibes

legalslave
01-02-2006, 08:52 PM
Does cruiscritic have Disney info? Not that I would need more info than I could find on the DISboards ( :rotfl2: ), but you never know ...

I will maybe have time to look later, I just didn't know if you all that are familiar with it already know.

:goodvibes

If you mean Disney Cruiseline, yes they do.

tink2020
01-02-2006, 08:53 PM
If you mean Disney Cruiseline, yes they do.

:rotfl: I JUST edited that

my3princes
01-02-2006, 08:56 PM
Looks like I'll be saving 2000 for tomorrow. I did manage to get my exercise in tonight. I just need to get back on a schedule. Last night 2 out of 3 boys woke up, Colby twice and Nick 3 times. It was a short night, but dh ended up taking the day off and I got to sleep all morning. That's why I love the guy.

Deb

miss missy
01-02-2006, 09:16 PM
I got a gazillion pictures, so I am using some for my siggy...

PNO4TE
01-02-2006, 09:16 PM
I was planning on reading the posts I missed today and responding, but "the server is too busy" to handle it so I am giving up till tomorrow a.m. I need to get back on my schedule too. I taught today and thought I was going to die! Enjoy your evenings and someone please send me a PM if there is anything earth-shattering that I need to know :)

legalslave
01-02-2006, 09:26 PM
We're getting very close to 22,000 posts, and no one's posting because the server is too busy!!

KMH1
01-02-2006, 09:33 PM
We're getting very close to 22,000 posts, and no one's posting because the server is too busy!!

I'm sitting here finishing up our thank you notes while Kevin takes down tree #2. I keep hitting refresh though. :teeth:

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 09:35 PM
Terry -

those are really cute and definately something they have never received before

we give cards and the CMs always seem happy to get them

But remember - if you really have a true Belle moment - out of the way awesome and amazing once in a lifetime moment - write a letter to disney - this info is looked at when they talk about promotions, reviews raises, etc

Kate,

What's the address so I can write them a letter about Princess Aurora? Thanks!

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 09:37 PM
I am used to Julia's knock knock jokes

Julia too? OMG, I am so tired of Knock-knock jokes. Although Davis' newest joke is a good one.

Why did the chicken cross the road? Cause he was stuck to the truck!
Why did the lollipop cross the road? Cause it was stuck ot the chicken! :rotfl:

Blueeyes101817
01-02-2006, 09:38 PM
it took me almost 10 minutes to get on here!

triplefigs
01-02-2006, 09:38 PM
Okay does anybody else know the movie titled "Elmo Saves Christmas?" In the movie Elmo has a wish and he asks for Christmas to be everyday...

Well, this is what the loving nature of this thread has been to me. Christmas everyday... This week I got two more boxes with ornaments. Lovely ornaments from our Queen Kate and lovely ornaments from Amy and Kevin. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Thank you seems like such a small bit of gratitude, but it's all I've got. So thank you... I will think of all of the special DDAs when I put my tree up next year. For right now, I am cherishing each ornament as I pack them away. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :grouphug: :grouphug:

My kids love that movie. You are too sweet to think of us that way! And the feeling is very mutual.

Blueeyes101817
01-02-2006, 09:39 PM
miss missy--i love the picture from the tower!!