PDA

View Full Version : ***Disney Design Addict's Chit Chat,Designs and Pixie Dust! Everybody WELCOME!*** Part 5

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19

Eeyorecln
01-01-2006, 01:40 AM
Ok, does everyone have their black eyed peas, collard greens, cornbread, and ham ready for tomorrow? Can't have New Years in the South without those foods. I've got mine simmering on the stove.

Here's an article on why we do this in the Deep South for anyone interested.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/edmonds/edmonds239.html

New Year’s Food

A few times each year, your home-cooked menu is selected for you by family, local, regional, or national traditions. The most obvious ones we Americans enjoy ("enjoy" is a strong word; some of us aren’t obsessively beholden to traditions) are Thanksgiving with turkey, stuffing, and green bean casserole; Independence Day, Memorial Day, and Labor Day with hot dogs, hamburgers, beans, coleslaw, apple pie, and sometimes steaks; Christmas with ham and oceans of white-flour- and white-sugar-based pastries and confections; and Valentine’s Day with dinner out and chocolates.

New Year’s Day is unique in its culinary norms. Black-eyed peas are the main requisite, long associated with good luck for the new year. How that association came about is lost to the ravages of time, just as are the origins of many particularly beautiful and centuries-old folk songs, such as those J. S. Bach used for his 300-odd chorales. All we know for sure is that the black-eyed pea tradition, as is the case for so many other wonderful food traditions, came from the South.

Among the black-eyed pea hypotheses are that on Sherman’s crop-burning march through Georgia, black-eyed pea crops were left alone since Yankees thought they were weeds. Black-eyed peas and salt pork were all some Southerners had to keep themselves alive, so the tradition of associating these beans with good luck started there.

Another hypothesis is that in the 19th century, farmers didn’t necessarily know about soil chemistry, but they did generally understand that black-eyed peas don’t deplete soil of certain nutrients; they’re a good crop for rotation. If you had enough black-eyed peas from last summer to cook some on New Year’s Day, that meant you planted a bunch last summer, so the soil would be good in the new year. From this, the superstitious belief evolved that eating black-eyed peas on New Year’s Day brought good luck the following year.

And finally, since New Year’s Day is near the center of our perceived winter season in the South, and since dried beans store well, most farming families in the South had more legumes than anything else by the time New Year’s Day rolled around. You might as well make a good luck charm out of something you have to do anyway.

Collard greens are another Southern tradition, but don’t enjoy quite the same mandate as black-eyed peas. Some legends assert that black-eyed peas represent coins, and greens currency; hence, these legends dovetail with the Eastern European ones that hold you should leave a dollar outside your front door at night, and bring it back in on New Year’s Day, to set the pattern for bringing money into the house during the new year.

At least interesting as the superstitions, though, are the recipes!

Some traditions involve cooking the greens with the beans. No, thanks. Most involve a ham hock or a pork neck bone. That’s a good trick, but doesn’t quite hit the mark for me.

For black-eyed peas, save yourself the three days of labor, and get them from cans. Drain and rinse them. Dice one thick slice of bacon, half a Vidalia onion, and one or three jalapeńos. Sauté all in the closest thing you have to a cast-iron skillet, then add the beans. To thicken, mash some of the beans with a fork and stir. To thin, add 1/3 cup of a dry white wine. A little black pepper (you probably don’t need salt at this point), and you’re ready to serve.

For greens, how long you cook depends on what kind of greens you have – collard, turnip, or mustard. Taste along the way to test for doneness. In the closest thing you have to a cast iron Dutch oven, sauté another diced, thick slice of bacon, the other half of that onion, deglaze with 1/4 cup of white wine and 1/4 cup of white or cider vinegar, then add the greens and at least lots of any Louisiana hot sauce (make sure the only ingredients are vinegar, red peppers, and salt). Stir, cover, and check occasionally for doneness.

Cornbread is an option (use unsalted butter and a little brown sugar with whatever recipe you have), but meat is not. Most Southern New Year’s Day meals – though most Southerners nowadays don’t really sit down to a traditional New Year’s Day meal – include ham, while some include fried chicken. I nominate fried catfish. There are already thousands of recipes on the web for fried catfish; be sure to consider only those that involve cayenne pepper. It just isn’t a satisfying meal unless your mouth resounds for a while afterward with the warm pain of pepper heat, and a traditional Southern meal is not successful if it isn’t satisfying. You ought not to be hungry for many hours afterward.

Some culinary traditions are wonderful merely because they create heartwarming experiences that tie us to our ancestors and progeny. Certain annual events are emotional punctuation marks in the overarching temporal map of our lives. Additionally, they’re the only opportunities many of us take to make contact with some of our more distant relatives, reinforcing the family ties and associations that make certain observances special.

Annual culinary rites can be wonderful just for the food, though the traditions associated with New Year’s Day in the South are rooted in events that made and broke the lives of many, perhaps millions, of loving, vital people who wished only to live their lives as successfully and peacefully as possible for the benefit of their families. Knowing something about the traditions adds a little something to appreciate, a little emotional significance, a little connectedness to generations past; the psychic equivalent of a fresh dusting of Italian parsley. Add to that some bacon and hot sauce, and you know what the South and life itself are all about.

Enjoy your New Year’s Eve celebration and the bowl games on New Year’s Day. But before you jump into the task of taking care of ordinary business in the new year – our lives are busy and unexamined enough already – take just a moment to savor something delicious, nourishing, and culturally significant. Black-eyed peas and greens are the closest thing we have to Stonehenge. Enjoy them this year.
Wow. That is really interesting, I didn't know that about the army thinking the peas were weeds. (I love learning little historical tidbits) Very true about taking time to examine our lives. Thanks for sharing that. Hope your family's feeling better. :grouphug:

Eeyorecln
01-01-2006, 02:14 AM
Happy Anniversary! Kate and Steve. :cheer2:
Happy New Year Everyone. :banana:
Made it to midnight now I'm off to bed. :cloud9:

rosiejo
01-01-2006, 02:45 AM
OK Clare -

Is this right?

The clock struck midnight and Bob's your uncle, it's a new year!

Happy New Year!

YES!!!! You got it!!!!! Woohoooo :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :cheer2:

Happy New Year everyone :love1:

I managed to stay awake but didn't get back here - I'm just reading all your posts - it's very strange to be wished a HNY before everyone else. I knd of want to :wave: to you all back in 2005 from 2006 :earboy2:

Hope everyone had a good night :cheer2:

rosiejo
01-01-2006, 02:47 AM
Ds 9 likes to help around the house. He decided to sweep & mop the kitchen floor for me :goodvibes Only problem is he used cooking oil instead of the pine-sol :earseek: So I had a clean slick kitchen floor :rotfl: I about feel on my rear the 1st time I walked in the kitchen :rotfl2: Oh well I did not say anything to him, it's the thought that counts, right :teeth: I have remopped(is that a word)the floor & I think all is well now :goodvibes

Bless! At least he had the righ intentions :goodvibes

rosiejo
01-01-2006, 02:49 AM
:cheer2: :Pinkbounc Had to share this because no one is home!
I just got 3 of my 6 grades for this semester of college--
i got a B+ in Structures of math
A- in Social Statistics
and a B+ in Language Development..

still waiting on 3 more!

:cheer2: :Pinkbounc

rosiejo
01-01-2006, 02:53 AM
:rotfl:

the bag didn't really do them justice

we went to ruby tuesdays - I had my last BIG meal and I am stuffed

are your kids in bed

Julia wants to tell them happy new year

hmmm - loaded cheese fries.... yum! We liked Ruby Tuesdays a lot - think we ate there 4 times this trip :goodvibes

Love the new colour scheme Kate :cheer2:

rosiejo
01-01-2006, 02:59 AM
i did this all of the time when i was younger..finally one year , i begged my grandma to wake up so i could see the ball drop!

:confused3 Ball drop? WHat does that mean?

Here we stay up to hear Big Ben chime - it's the bell that lives in the clock tower in the Houses of Parliament - and they show it on TV at midnight and play it on the radio.

http://www.hulubei.net/tudor/photography/photos/BigBen-1000x1500.jpg Tried to add an image but it's massive so here's a link instead!

rosiejo
01-01-2006, 03:02 AM
Deb finally got me my own account. Happy New Year. I'm going to bed, I'm sure Deb will be here for another hour.

Chris

Hi Chris :wave:

julia & nicks mom
01-01-2006, 03:07 AM

Here we stay up to hear Big Ben chime - it's the bell that lives in the clock tower in the Houses of Parliament - and they show it on TV at midnight and play it on the radio.

http://www.hulubei.net/tudor/photography/photos/BigBen-1000x1500.jpg Tried to add an image but it's massive so here's a link instead!

http://www.cnn.com/US/9909/23/new.years.ball/new.years.crystal.ball.jpg

Clare - on NYE there is a huge celebration at Times Square in New York - there is a ball that drops at midnight

this is how we all ring in the new year -

rosiejo
01-01-2006, 03:37 AM
I only ask the price of a specialty drink so I can figure out if I can have that and a glass of wine in a restaurant that I have never gone to before.
Having hostessed and sometimes helped out at the bar serving drinks and tables in the bar area of the one restaurant that I worked at, I can sure relate to the tipping. When Steffy and I go out we usually do 20% or more unless the server just was not taking care of us. I mean like coming back to make sure we were satisfied with our food, clearing things, (asking before they just take the plate away) and generally keeping an eye on us. But if the service is just not up to par or is absoutely the best ever, I make it a point to go to management to make sure my displeasure or pleasure is made aware of. I think that any of us that has been in that kind of job are more apt to be keenly aware of things that most people would not think of.
The worst was at two different hotels that I worked at because of all you can see that goes on in the kitchen to plate up the meals and try to keep a large number of people satisfied. Ain't gonna happen. :rotfl:

We always tip and tip well when we're over visiting you guys - even bad service is fantastic compared to what we get at home! Back here sometimes we hardly tip at all - if someone takes my order, someone esle plonks the plate on the table and clears it away and then the original guy brings me the bill at the end I just can't see the point. The waiting staff in the states are just much friendlier/attentative/more professional. We went to IHOP a couple of times and happened to have the same waitress who remembered our order from the previous visit! And we're both fussy adding and taking away stuff from the actual item on the menu so that's pretty impressive in my book. Back here you ask to modify something or eat off the kids menu and they look at you real funny :goodvibes

rosiejo
01-01-2006, 03:38 AM

Clare - on NYE there is a huge celebration at Times Square in New York - there is a ball that drops at midnight

Cool - thanks for the explanation :goodvibes

KMH1
01-01-2006, 05:50 AM
Wouldn't that mean that Kevin, Paul or one of the few other guys would be the dad? Do you think Marti or Amy would be a little upset? :rotfl: :rotfl: I could see the paternity test now "I'm not sure who the Dad is, but I was only DISing with 4 guys and never more than 2 at once". Ok, it's late, I'm a little punchy and this could lead to trouble (although I think Kevin and Skunka Hunka might get a kick out of it)

Deb

Deb, Kevin won't see this for a few hours, but I think this is HILARIOUS!!! :rotfl:

Well, I went to bed at 1:30 a.m. and I've been up since 6. Stupid nasal passages. I can only breathe through my mouth while lying down...I HATE THAT!!! As soon as I sit up, I can blow my nose, and I'm fine. I'm on day 3 of a Z pack...seriously, if this lasts throughout my entire pregnancy, I'm going to go INSANE!!!

Amy :)

KMH1
01-01-2006, 05:52 AM

So, I was all set to give Clare an explanation, but no, you had to still be up Queen. :teeth: Of course, I don't know how to post pictures. :teeth:

Your green light is off, so you better be sleeping now.

KMH1
01-01-2006, 05:55 AM
Deb finally got me my own account. Happy New Year. I'm going to bed, I'm sure Deb will be here for another hour.

Chris

Welcome Chris! :wave:

KMH1
01-01-2006, 05:59 AM
I used to get mud slides all the time but DH said they are too expensive!!

Expensive, but so yummy! My favorite always came from Friday's. Someday, you and I will go out for a kid's free night of mudslides. Put it on your calendar for 2007. (I nursed Alyssa for 15 months, so my drinking days are way in the future. :teeth: )

PNO4TE
01-01-2006, 07:40 AM
The only time I saw him was when they showed him kissing his wife. :love:

But, it was truly depressing hearing how badly his stroke has affected his speaking skills.

It was upsetting to me too, but I have to admit it seemed more like NYE with him at the helm, so to speak.

And, let's talk about Mariah... :rolleyes1

Oh, PLEASE... let's not. :rotfl: :rolleyes: :rotfl:

PNO4TE
01-01-2006, 07:43 AM

Chris

Welcome to this thread too, Chris! Glad you finally joined us :goodvibes

Tammi67
01-01-2006, 08:04 AM
Your green light is off, so you better be sleeping now.

I don't think Kate ever sleeps!!

Tammi67
01-01-2006, 08:06 AM
Welcome, Chris!

PNO4TE
01-01-2006, 08:13 AM
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/28340HappyNewYear.JPG

to all my DDA friends and their families!

bengalbelle
01-01-2006, 08:16 AM
Wouldn't that mean that Kevin, Paul or one of the few other guys would be the dad? Do you think Marti or Amy would be a little upset? :rotfl: :rotfl: I could see the paternity test now "I'm not sure who the Dad is, but I was only DISing with 4 guys and never more than 2 at once". Ok, it's late, I'm a little punchy and this could lead to trouble (although I think Kevin and Skunka Hunka might get a kick out of it)

Deb
I'm just catching up but :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

tink2020
01-01-2006, 08:41 AM

That is a BEAUTIFUL picture of Big Ben!! Our ball drop is not so much a landmark that other countries might recognize, but ONLY a NYE thing, as Kate mentioned. BTW... Dick Clark (whom the board referred to a lot last night/this morning) has hosted the event for YEARS.... there are bands, etc playing throughout the night on one or two stations and then the ball drop at midnight is the culmination. :goodvibes He had a stroke last year and is getting really old... so it makes pretty much everyone sort of sad :guilty:

MazdaUK
01-01-2006, 08:45 AM
OK, I think I caught up with all you insomniacs :rotfl:
I was in bed by 10.30 :blush: but I did wake up when fireworks went off at midnight.

Happy New Year to you all.

Blueeyes101817
01-01-2006, 08:47 AM
Good morning guys!
I am all caught up!

you guys were making me laugh with the contagious pregnancy! uh oh!!!

itslisa
01-01-2006, 10:24 AM
Lisa - I love that pin - were you able to get on in WDW or did you see it online?

Saw it online. It was desperate attempt to have a cute graphic for the new year since I am SO not a designer! LOL

julia & nicks mom
01-01-2006, 10:32 AM
Saw it online. It was desperate attempt to have a cute graphic for the new year since I am SO not a designer! LOL

well you succeeded!!

BTW - I am a designer and I still look for pin designs when I want to say something quick to you guys!!! :rotfl:

Elin - I love your Happy New Year Graphic - it is very cute

Amy & Tammi - I sleep - just odd hours!!!! I responded to Clare and went to bed -

Amy I have the mudslides on my 2007 calender - we could go out before then and I could drink yours for you!!! :earboy2:

itslisa
01-01-2006, 10:33 AM
Did anyone else see Dick Clark tonight

Oh its so sad. All I can say is that hope doing the New Year's show is something *HE* wanted to do and not something he was contractually bound to do.

Speaking of strokes ... did anyone else see ER this past Thursday? There was a woman (I think she was from Sex in the City) who has a stroke. She wasn't able to talk or convey what she was thinking but her character had a dialogue going of what she was thinking. It really was done well -- I don't think I will ever look at a stroke victim quite the same again.

KMH1
01-01-2006, 10:37 AM
Amy, I have the mudslides on my 2007 calender - we could go out before then and I could drink yours for you!!! :earboy2:

Well, I certainly hope I see you before 2007! But, I don't think I could handle watching you drink my mudslide. :rotfl:

By the way, we played that Disney photo game with our guests last night and the five-year-old beat us (Carli). I think Julia and Carli need to meet!

However, I did win Name That Tune 80's version. :teeth:

Oh, and we don't even have a 2006 calendar yet. I keep writing January dates on the write and wipe board. Guess I need to make a trip to the store. I'm sure they're half price by now.

kritter
01-01-2006, 10:38 AM
Oh its so sad. All I can say is that hope doing the New Year's show is something *HE* wanted to do and not something he was contractually bound to do.

Speaking of strokes ... did anyone else see ER this past Thursday? There was a woman (I think she was from Sex in the City) who has a stroke. She wasn't able to talk or convey what she was thinking but her character had a dialogue going of what she was thinking. It really was done well -- I don't think I will ever look at a stroke victim quite the same again.

I saw the show and it was the womend from sex and the city and it was made to look so real...But I wonder could you really recover as she did from the procedure she had..I was scared that the ex husband was not going to let her have the procedure were you???

Princess Nancy
01-01-2006, 10:38 AM
:banana: :banana: Happy New Year Everyone! :banana:

I bought little popper Guns at the dollar store and the kids LOVED them! 6 shots of confetti each. Of course we went outside, shot the guns and yelled! Next we toasted with our sparkling grape juice that noone liked! DD6 was up at 8 am!! Thank Goodness DH got up with her!

Wishing all of you a wonderful 2006! :wizard:

itslisa
01-01-2006, 10:42 AM
I'm really quite excited about their gifts this year. I was really sneaky in Disneyland in September and got them all stuffed Disney characters that they wanted but didn't have enough money of their own to buy.
Cool! I'm sure they will LOVE them!!!

I sure wish we had a digital camera so I could share some pics with you all, but it was stolen in the Chicago airport on one of DH's business trips.
In checked luggage???

Did I mention that our large freezer just died? Well, it did. It's only 7 years old, but it died.
Oh no - I can relate!!! I am a BIG freezer cook ever since going back to work after Ben was born. This summer we thougt our had died and we were able to save the meats -- bringing them to a friend's home. Turned out the gasket is gone so we're holding the door closed tightly with a bungie right now. I lost a lot of food.
After vaction and Christmas bills are paid down ... it's on top of my list. I hope you are able to get a new one soon.

Are you upright or chest freezer people?

MinnieMouseMom
01-01-2006, 10:46 AM
Welcome, Chris!

Happy New Year!!! We only made it till 11 last night. Dh asked me if I was ready for bed cause I was falling asleep on the couch. LOL Our oldest stayed up though. LOL

itslisa
01-01-2006, 10:47 AM
I went to first night and helped. For my relief they sent a young single man.... :goodvibes :goodvibes So we talked for a while. And he hates football. But I still spoke to him for a while. And then when he said he had no interest in Disney, well, I told him Happy New Year and left.... :rotfl: :rotfl:

I have my priorities!!!

Absolutely! :rotfl:

I am pooped. I have 3 cases of water and several bags of salad.
I know I'm missing something here .......

itslisa
01-01-2006, 10:50 AM

Welcome!!!

itslisa
01-01-2006, 10:51 AM
cause if anyone else turns up pregnant - I going to have to quit hanging out with you all ;)
your computer problems are contagious
your colds are contagious
I sure don't want to catch a pregnancy!!! :rotfl2:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

MinnieMouseMom
01-01-2006, 10:52 AM
Clare, here's a video of the ball drop from last night.

Go to www.cnn.com Click on Ball Drops in NYC

Blueeyes101817
01-01-2006, 10:58 AM
i saw that ER episode---defintely made it seem very real and scary!

kritter
01-01-2006, 11:00 AM
i saw that ER episode---defintely made it seem very real and scary!

it waas scarey and so real and life like....her kids even looked freaked out..that show lately always is so emotinal...

itslisa
01-01-2006, 11:06 AM

Not that Kate's explanation wasn't accurate ... but I just LOVE the New Year's Eve ball drop! For us in the States, until we're old enough to go out, it the big "thing". The ball was redone for the new millennium and is now Waterford crystal!

Anyway, if you have any desire to learn more about it, there is a cool article at: http://www.timessquarenyc.org/nye/nye_ball.html

itslisa
01-01-2006, 11:11 AM
well you succeeded!!
Thanks!

BTW - I am a designer and I still look for pin designs when I want to say something quick to you guys!!! :rotfl:
I'm telling you ... I am missing the "girl gene" that allows you to match colors etc! I love being crafty ... but I can't design my own stuff. Like quilting - I love to quilt. I wil find a design a like and ONE fabric ... then my Mom has to help me putting together other fabrics to compliment it. I'm pitiful at it!

triplefigs
01-01-2006, 11:15 AM
OMG. Look what I found searching for New Year's clip art. WARNING! Do not have kids around. It is definitely R rated. :scared: :faint: :earseek:

http://www.fototime.com/53B8CE2EA16A62A/orig.jpg

kritter
01-01-2006, 11:16 AM
OMG too funny will show DH he will love that one....

julia & nicks mom
01-01-2006, 11:16 AM
OMG. Look what I found searching for New Year's clip art. WARNING! Do not have kids around. It is definitely R rated. :scared: :faint: :earseek:

That's so sweet denise - thanks for the well wishes!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

MinnieMouseMom
01-01-2006, 11:17 AM

Denise, you going to make one for 2006? :teeth: :rotfl:

itslisa
01-01-2006, 11:18 AM
I saw the show and it was the womend from sex and the city and it was made to look so real...But I wonder could you really recover as she did from the procedure she had..I was scared that the ex husband was not going to let her have the procedure were you???

Definitely! Making that decision has to be so hard. That's why discussing situations like that -- where a difficult decision has to be made -- before the event is so important. Making your wishes known to your partner and your family is the only way to insure they wil know. Then you can only pray they will follow through when the tough time hits ....

itslisa
01-01-2006, 11:23 AM

Ahem .... I saw that las night too when doing the same search!
Guess I should have been searching in "safe mode"!

triplefigs
Denise, you going to make one for 2006? :teeth: :rotfl:

Um, after breastfeeding triplets, my picture would not be quite the same... ;)

Kitchensinkguy
Hi Chris :wave:

Cherio. Deb was telling me that you use the term "Bob's your uncle" I've heard that before, it's kind of like "sure as sh*t" around here. As far as the reference to my4princes, Deb often refers to me as her 4th child so I guess it was a subconcious slip :rolleyes1

Chris

triplefigs
01-01-2006, 11:24 AM
But Happy New Year, Everyone! Kids were in bed by 8:30. Then DH and I grilled steaks and had apsparagus and Stroganoff noodles with a salad. YUMMY! Then we snuggled on the couch and watched 2 movies: Longest Yard and Hide and Seek. Both very good. A nice way to welcome in the New Year. And tonight we have a babysitter and are going out to dinner. Yippee!

http://clipart.crossmap.com/data/medium/1338960990.jpg

triplefigs
01-01-2006, 11:24 AM
Cherio. Deb was telling me that you use the term "Bob's your uncle" I've heard that before, it's kind of like "sure as sh*t" around here. As far as the reference to my4princes, Deb often refers to me as her 4th child so I guess it was a subconcious slip :rolleyes1

Chris

Hi, Chris. Welcome to the fun! Glad you joined us.

triplefigs
01-01-2006, 11:25 AM
Ahem .... I saw that las night too when doing the same search!
Guess I should have been searching in "safe mode"!

Me too! the kids are right here. that's not what I want them seeing!

itslisa
01-01-2006, 11:25 AM
Clare, here's a video of the ball drop from last night.

Go to www.cnn.com Click on Ball Drops in NYC

THANK YOU!!!
DS is thrilled he was able to have his moment this morning!

MinnieMouseMom
01-01-2006, 11:29 AM
THANK YOU!!!
DS is thrilled he was able to have his moment this morning!

You're welcome! :flower:

tmfranlk
01-01-2006, 11:34 AM
Hi, all. Just home from the doctor. I have pneumonia via the x-ray. On tons of meds including inhalers, strong antibiotics, decongestants, pain meds, and good cough syrup. I may not be around for a couple of days. DH and the kids are on antibiotics too.

Oh, we finally settled on dates for our trip. Going Dec 15-22 next year so the kids don't miss school. It's just too hard for Rees. So, I'll need TONS of advice (specific park plans and what you did this year on what days) from Tammi and Elin (or anybody else who has been the week before Christmas). And Skunka and Marti, we'll get to have a beer now! ;)

Oh, no!! I hope that all of the meds do the trick and have you feeling better soon. I also hope everyone else avoids the worst of it. :wizard: :grouphug: :wizard: :grouphug:

If our dates stay the same, we may overlap a day or two again. Happy planning!

Kitchensinkguy
01-01-2006, 11:35 AM
I thought I was missing the "girl gene" There's nothing feminine about me. I can only make the boys :rotfl2: I can however match my colors.

Chris

Princess Nancy
01-01-2006, 11:36 AM
Denise, Kate and I were just discussing Miriah and her
Ta-tas. Mr. Kate thought she was great.

I am sure he'll love this Happy New Year greeting!!!

:smooth:

tmfranlk
01-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Signing off and going to play Disney Scene it with the kids.

Hope it was fun! We got this for Christmas and Terra LOVES it (me too!!). We have played it several times a day for the last few days because Terra wants to "watch a kwip". She has also taken to making up her own questions about movies and characters that she knows. It's too funny!

triplefigs
01-01-2006, 11:40 AM

Nancy,

I missed her last night. Was it bad?

Kitchensinkguy
01-01-2006, 11:41 AM

Deb is sitting here with me and she says that after nursing our 3 boys her photo wouldn't look like that either.

Chris for Deb

triplefigs
01-01-2006, 11:43 AM
Deb is sitting here with me and she says that after nursing our 3 boys her photo wouldn't look like that either.

Chris for Deb

:rotfl2:

KMH1
01-01-2006, 11:45 AM

That was me Princess Nancy. Mariah always dresses so conservatively! :rolleyes:

tink2020
01-01-2006, 11:46 AM
That's so sweet denise - thanks for the well wishes!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

tink2020
01-01-2006, 11:47 AM

I must say, that is truly a feat. Twins seem do-able, but triplets.... I'm quite impressed. :goodvibes I can only imagine how much easier each year gets! Do you find that to be true? :confused3 I had to rig up a pretty crazy device just to carry twins when I was a nanny for them. I can't even imagine 3+ infants.

Steffy
01-01-2006, 11:52 AM
Absolutely! :rotfl:

I know I'm missing something here .......

Ah yes Lisa,

I'm ready for my diet with 3 cases of water and my bags of salad.... :goodvibes

triplefigs
01-01-2006, 11:57 AM
anybody have pictures of Mariah last night? I couldn't find any. DH wants to "see". ;)

itslisa
01-01-2006, 11:58 AM
Nancy,

I missed her last night. Was it bad?

OK ... I found photos: http://www.mariahdaily.com/newsdesk.shtml

Brendita
01-01-2006, 11:58 AM
Morning all and
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a10/Brendita93056/39_1.jpg
Well his family didn't leave till almost MN.
I'm mad as H***.
They eat the beans & hamhocks that were on the stove simmering.
DH says we have some ribs he will fix.
Sorry it isn't the same.
Some people are so rude.
Like DS says at least this is the last year.
I was in such a great mood yesterday.
Oh well.

my3princes
01-01-2006, 11:59 AM
I did an image search for a pummel horse the other day and got some interesting pictures. You just never know.

I hope that Paul comes back soon, I think Chris will make a good playmate.

Deb

itslisa
01-01-2006, 11:59 AM
Ah yes Lisa,

I'm ready for my diet with 3 cases of water and my bags of salad.... :goodvibes

NOW I GET IT!

Isn't there a smilie with a lightbulb???????

itslisa
01-01-2006, 12:00 PM
Like DS says at least this is the last year.
I was in such a great mood yesterday.
Oh well.

DS is right .. new year .. new view .... TRY to look at it all half full.
We're here for you!

triplefigs
01-01-2006, 12:03 PM
OK ... I found photos: http://www.mariahdaily.com/newsdesk.shtml

Thanks, Lisa. DH is impressed! :rotfl:

triplefigs
01-01-2006, 12:04 PM
NOW I GET IT!

Isn't there a smilie with a lightbulb???????

:idea:

Princess Nancy
01-01-2006, 12:13 PM
I'd say they chose the most conservative shots of her they could get to post on her website. SHe was pretty raunchy and kept putting those ****ies right out there and shakin' it!

She also kept throwing off the throws they would bring her to wrap up in! The guys were bundled up from head to toe and she was hanging it all out there!

tmfranlk
01-01-2006, 12:19 PM
With the new year ahead -

I would like to thank you all for making this a FABULOUS year -

we have all laughed together, cried together and grown as a family - I look forward to the year ahead - the chance to meet more of you - our every growing families (both here on the thread and through our pregnant mommies :flower: ) and the chance to spread pixie dust wherever we go!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

(raising my glass of sparkling cider) Here, Here! Cheers!

Happy New Year everyone.

tinker1bell
01-01-2006, 12:48 PM

Claire,

Just to see the Ball drop on TV is an awsome sight. I cannot even imagine being in Times Square in New York watching it. With THOUSANDS of other people :crowded:
Here in our area Lancaster, Pa it seems that every town has something to drop or slide up to mark the year.
Lancaster-Red Rose
Harrisburg-Red Strawberry (Strawberry Square is the location, hence the strawberry)
York-White Rose
Lebanon-Bologna--(because Seltzers Lebanon Bologna is made there)
Falmouth-goat (do not know or have tried to figure that one) :rotfl:
Hershey-Hershey Kiss

In other places there are more, but I cannot remember them all

miss missy
01-01-2006, 01:16 PM

Yes I saw that. It freaked me out too! She was a MOM and anytime a MOM is involved in that stuff, I freak! And yes, it was an eye opener!

miss missy
01-01-2006, 01:21 PM
I'd say they chose the most conservative shots of her they could get to post on her website. SHe was pretty raunchy and kept putting those ****ies right out there and shakin' it!

She also kept throwing off the throws they would bring her to wrap up in! The guys were bundled up from head to toe and she was hanging it all out there!

My mother was like here we go... waiting for another Janet Jackson mishap :rotfl:

MinnieMouseMom
01-01-2006, 01:29 PM
On that same page you can download the performance too

Blueeyes101817
01-01-2006, 01:53 PM
i was talking to one of my friends in IM and we both said it looks like were going to have another janet jackson situation!!!!

chris--welcome! ( i know ima bit late-sorry!)

dumby
01-01-2006, 02:19 PM
Expensive, but so yummy! My favorite always came from Friday's. Someday, you and I will go out for a kid's free night of mudslides. Put it on your calendar for 2007. (I nursed Alyssa for 15 months, so my drinking days are way in the future. :teeth: )

We have a restuarant named Applebee's (spelling) her in Alabama (not sure if it is in other places or not). Any way they have a mucho mud slide. That sucker is huge. If you just order a mud slide you get a very small one for like 5.75 but if you order the mucho one it is 6.75. I order it when we get there and it takes me completely through the meal. YUM YUM

I also make these at home and they are wonderful.

Eeyorecln
01-01-2006, 03:14 PM
I thought I was missing the "girl gene" There's nothing feminine about me. I can only make the boys :rotfl2: I can however match my colors.

Chris
Welcome. :wave: And that is soo my DH. He has 6 DS total. (2 from a previous marriage and our 4) Whenever anyone asks us if we'll try for a girl again, I laugh. Only if we have help from modern science. :rotfl:

miss missy
01-01-2006, 03:19 PM
i was talking to one of my friends in IM and we both said it looks like were going to have another janet jackson situation!!!!

chris--welcome! ( i know ima bit late-sorry!)

Are you better yet???

miss missy
01-01-2006, 03:21 PM
We have a restuarant named Applebee's (spelling) her in Alabama (not sure if it is in other places or not). Any way they have a mucho mud slide. That sucker is huge. If you just order a mud slide you get a very small one for like 5.75 but if you order the mucho one it is 6.75. I order it when we get there and it takes me completely through the meal. YUM YUM

I also make these at home and they are wonderful.

I don't drink really, but when I do, these FROZEN mudslide is what I get. A real one has a frozen glass with chocolate down the glass and whip cream, looks like a sundea, tis the best drink ever!

Glynis
01-01-2006, 03:37 PM

Chris

Welcome to our family KSG. It's great to have you here!

Blueeyes101817
01-01-2006, 03:53 PM
Are you better yet???

i am feeling a lot better---definitely not 100% yet ...i went shopping for a bit and now i am just lounging around again..I may go to the doctor Tuesday, but if i keep feeling better, than i wont have to!

Glynis
01-01-2006, 03:54 PM
Cool! I'm sure they will LOVE them!!!

In checked luggage???

Oh no - I can relate!!! I am a BIG freezer cook ever since going back to work after Ben was born. This summer we thougt our had died and we were able to save the meats -- bringing them to a friend's home. Turned out the gasket is gone so we're holding the door closed tightly with a bungie right now. I lost a lot of food.
After vaction and Christmas bills are paid down ... it's on top of my list. I hope you are able to get a new one soon.

Are you upright or chest freezer people?

Well, the kids loved the Disney stuff. DD #3 won't let go of Princess Minnie.

Actually, the camera was in DH's carry on luggage. Because he's a cameraman, he has to carry his large TV camera as a carry on, and then he has his computer bag as his other carry on. The digital camera was in the big camera bag. While one attendant was going through that, DH was watching another attendant go through his computer bag. When he got home, there was no digital camera. We phoned and wrote to the O'Hare airport security, but they say they can't help us. So, we're pretty much out of luck there.

As for the freezer, we are upright people. I just hate digging around in a chest freezer. Probably because my grandmother has one, and everytime I go to her house, I end up digging through stuff older than I am to find something for her. With an upright I can pretty much see everything in the freezer.

my3princes
01-01-2006, 03:58 PM
I don't drink really, but when I do, these FROZEN mudslide is what I get. A real one has a frozen glass with chocolate down the glass and whip cream, looks like a sundea, tis the best drink ever!

That sounds good, but it is the dessert, not the drink. The drink has Kahula that it poured over the whipped cream and creates the mudslide. I have heard of the dessert version before.

Deb

Glynis
01-01-2006, 04:03 PM
I must say, that is truly a feat. Twins seem do-able, but triplets.... I'm quite impressed. :goodvibes I can only imagine how much easier each year gets! Do you find that to be true? :confused3 I had to rig up a pretty crazy device just to carry twins when I was a nanny for them. I can't even imagine 3+ infants.

Well, as a mom of twins, breastfeeding them was doable, but not comfortable. I did it a few times, but it really required another set of hands to help. I found that nursing them one at a time really worked better for me. I was also able to give them one on one attention. Of course, it meant that for the first several months, I was ALWAYS nursing! It was exhausting, but worth it!

Because of the infertility treatments that I underwent there was always the possibility of multiples. DD #1 could have been triples, DS could have been quintuplets. We were so lucky, that by the third pregnancy our guard had been let down, and I didn't even think about multiples. We were so surprised when our ultrasound technician told us it was twins.

Blueeyes101817
01-01-2006, 04:05 PM
i was going to say an upright freezer too...The family i babysat for had a chest freezer and i hated it!!! couldnt find anything i wanted

Glynis
01-01-2006, 04:11 PM
Well, I have to leave for a little while. Book group is meeting on Thursday and I need to finish the book. We are reading "Wild Swans: 3 daughters of China." It is absolutely fascinating! I highly recommend it!

miss missy
01-01-2006, 04:47 PM
That sounds good, but it is the dessert, not the drink. The drink has Kahula that it poured over the whipped cream and creates the mudslide. I have heard of the dessert version before.

Deb
nope! Its a drink alright, and yes Khalua, but here they do drop chocolate down the sides before they pour think drink in! Its yummy!

itslisa
01-01-2006, 05:07 PM
We have a restuarant named Applebee's (spelling) her in Alabama (not sure if it is in other places or not).

The Applebees I'm thinking of is a chain restaurant.
Is this what you are all talking about?

http://www.applebees.com/global_images/masthead_logo_over.jpg (http://www.applebees.com)

(I linked the picture)

Blueeyes101817
01-01-2006, 05:15 PM
well ill be back later--mom and brother want to go out to the movies--time to get ready!

dumby
01-01-2006, 05:18 PM

Deb

The ones at Applebees here is like MissMissy describes and belief me they are more than a dessert. The Kahula is mixed in with the drink and it is delicious. Although if I am feeling really good I can have one for an appetizer and dessert. :rotfl: :rotfl:

dumby
01-01-2006, 05:20 PM
The Applebees I'm thinking of is a chain restaurant.
Is this what you are all talking about?

http://www.applebees.com/global_images/masthead_logo_over.jpg (http://www.applebees.com)

(I linked the picture)

Yeah that is the one. THey are famous for their mudslides.

itslisa
01-01-2006, 05:21 PM
Actually, the camera was in DH's carry on luggage. Because he's a cameraman, he has to carry his large TV camera as a carry on, and then he has his computer bag as his other carry on. The digital camera was in the big camera bag. While one attendant was going through that, DH was watching another attendant go through his computer bag. When he got home, there was no digital camera. We phoned and wrote to the O'Hare airport security, but they say they can't help us. So, we're pretty much out of luck there.

Oh man! I asked because I had electronics stolen on me a couple of trips ago. DS and I each had a personal item and I had a small carry-on. As we boarded, I was told there was no room for the carry-on -- they would have to "gate check" it - like a stroller. I told them I was under the limit - but they wouldn't hear it. All of my electronics were in there! Digital camera, regular camera, CD player, CDs etc!!! Our plane was late and we made the transfer, but our luggage didn't. The bag never came up with the other luggage. I had to get on my next flight and they told me it would be sent on.

It spent the night in NYC while my other bags were put on the next flight. When I finally received that bag ... before I even opened it, I knew someone had been in. (I'm anal and my zippers are always together at the top.)

All the electronics were GONE. They pulled the film out of the camera and tossed it in hte bag ... but took the cameras and everything. :(

I made a claim with the airline - but they told me they are not responsible for checked luggage. Grrrrr Had a bit of a back and forth with them. I finally made them undertand that I had NO intentions of checking it and I was under my limit for carry-on bags! They paid me for all the lost items in the end.

As for the freezer, we are upright people. I just hate digging around in a chest freezer. Probably because my grandmother has one, and everytime I go to her house, I end up digging through stuff older than I am to find something for her. With an upright I can pretty much see everything in the freezer.
I totally agree!!! The chest is more efficient energy-wise, but if I HATE using it, it does me no good in the end!

BTW, if you like freezer cooking, there is a great list at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Friendly-Freezer/

tmfranlk
01-01-2006, 05:22 PM
:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes
Happy Anniversary
Kate & Steve
:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

A day late, but Happy Anniversary Kate and Steve! :cool1: :banana:

itslisa
01-01-2006, 05:23 PM

Hmmm ... I've never had it with Kahlua poured over the top before.
The ones I drink DEFINITELY have alcohol in them

PNO4TE
01-01-2006, 05:25 PM

I compared her to Anna Nicole Smith this a.m. to my DD19. She was as trashy as could be imho! (sorry, not pulling any punches here... her behavior sickened me)

tmfranlk
01-01-2006, 05:26 PM
Ds 9 likes to help around the house. He decided to sweep & mop the kitchen floor for me :goodvibes Only problem is he used cooking oil instead of the pine-sol :earseek: So I had a clean slick kitchen floor :rotfl: I about feel on my rear the 1st time I walked in the kitchen :rotfl2: Oh well I did not say anything to him, it's the thought that counts, right :teeth: I have remopped(is that a word)the floor & I think all is well now :goodvibes

Oh my!!! How many times did you have to remop to get that up! What a sweet helper though. :)

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-01-2006, 05:31 PM
Well I took the plunge today :Pinkbounc . Ordered 25 tshirts and the dark transfer paper from e-bay.
Looked and picked out some designs from the faq page, personalized them and tweaked them a little. I do say, I am very impressed with my self :cool1:
You guys must be rubbing off on me. :rotfl:

tmfranlk
01-01-2006, 05:35 PM
so my parents agreed to take the kids for the day and Steve and I decided to spend our anniversary in the most logical place in the world - our bedroom!! :love2:

you might remember our before pictures of our bedroom:

It looks beautiful, Kate! I love the comforter and the wall color looks great with it.

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-01-2006, 05:41 PM
here is my daughters birthday shirt
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/Butterflykised/Leighannabdayshirt1.jpg
or this
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/Butterflykised/Birthdayshirtidea2.jpg

Princess Nancy
01-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Well I took the plunge today :Pinkbounc . Ordered 25 tshirts and the dark transfer paper from e-bay.
Looked and picked out some designs from the faq page, personalized them and tweaked them a little. I do say, I am very impressed with my self :cool1:

Excellent job! 25 t-shirts for the 3 of you! My these girls have certainly rubbed off on you!!!!!!!!! :banana:

tmfranlk
01-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Did anyone else see Dick Clark tonight

the first thing I saw was him doing a voice over and I thought I was going to cry - he just sounded so OLD - he is one of those people who just isn;t supposed to get old and it was a little depressing!!!!!!

but he does still look young!!!!

Me too. We turned it on for the first time at around 11:55 and he was on. I almost started crying. He was always just so young looking and sounding that it was really a shock to hear him now. He looked good though.

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-01-2006, 05:46 PM
Excellent job! 25 t-shirts for the 3 of you! My these girls have certainly rubbed off on you!!!!!!!!! :banana:

Actually my twin brother and sil are coming along with us. So I will have 5 shirts for each person.

Am I biting of more than I can chew?? :confused3

my3princes
01-01-2006, 05:50 PM

Wow and according to your ticker your over a month away from your trip. Very impressive.

Deb

KMH1
01-01-2006, 05:53 PM
Hmmm ... I've never had it with Kahlua poured over the top before.
The ones I drink DEFINITELY have alcohol in them

I did a search and this is the "recipe" I found for the Applebee's version:
Ingredients:
1/2 ounce Kahlua
1/2 ounce Bailey's Irish Cream
1/2 ounce vodka
1 ounce milk

Directions:

Pour ingredients over ice and stir.

Obviously, most of us probably drink the frozen version. Yummy! :teeth:

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-01-2006, 05:53 PM
Wow and according to your ticker your over a month away from your trip. Very impressive.

Deb
I know.... It will probably take me that long to figure out how to turn the iron on... :earseek:

ReAnSt
01-01-2006, 05:56 PM
Deb -- Thank you so much for the loan of the Bear costume. People can't believe it when I tell them where I got the costume. It's hard for them to fathom the generosity of someone that I've never actually "met." I tell them that their definition of friends and people who have "met" are really off base!

I haven't posted pictures because my husband didn't get any good ones. He's going to have to go in and edit them to make them easier to see our DS. He should have time tomorrow, then I'll post the pics.

Thank you again for being such a wonderful friend.

Marci
(and Bearsie Bear - aka Jake)

I know people here are so nice. If it was me I would have DS put the costume on again and take some closed-ups so you have some good pictures of him in it. This is of course if you haven't mailed it to be returned.

Becky

tmfranlk
01-01-2006, 05:56 PM

Wow! That's great. I'm sure that it gave a whole new meaning to "nursing on demand."

Princess Nancy
01-01-2006, 05:57 PM
My kids and I decided to go to Disney 2 weeks before my sister (julia and nicks mom) decided to go. We got 2 t-shirts each and all were customized! In my opinion you are way ahead of hte game. I think she was up the night before ironing shirts!

Princess Nancy
01-01-2006, 05:59 PM
PLDaddy:

I like the Pink shirt better. Don't lnow why, I just do....

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-01-2006, 06:01 PM
My kids and I decided to go to Disney 2 weeks before my sister (julia and nicks mom) decided to go. We got 2 t-shirts each and all were customized! In my opinion you are way ahead of hte game. I think she was up the night before ironing shirts!

Yes, Kate is great! I pm'd her today and she is personalizing a set of shirts for us. I thought I better start now, I know I will be busy right before helping to pack and iron out all the details of our trip.

my3princes
01-01-2006, 06:05 PM
We make our frozen mudslides using ice, kaluha, vodka and baileys. Mixed well in the blender, poured into a chilled tulip glass topped with whipped cream. Then we pour a little kaluha over the edges and it runs down the inside of the tulip creating a mudslide. That is topped off with a cherry.

Many places use ice cream in their recipes which is what I consider an after dinner drink.

Deb

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-01-2006, 06:06 PM
I also like this one
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/Butterflykised/LeighannaAriel.jpg

Princess Nancy
01-01-2006, 06:07 PM
I also like this one

Too Cute! Grace & I are Mermaid fans. I love this one.

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-01-2006, 06:12 PM
this one for Magic Kingdom emh
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/Butterflykised/Wishes2.jpg

itslisa
01-01-2006, 06:12 PM
or this

No reason you couldn't do one on the front and a 2nd on the back! LOL
All of our shirts were double sided!!!! It was too hard to choose!

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-01-2006, 06:14 PM
and this one for our first day
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/Butterflykised/familytshirt.jpg

itslisa
01-01-2006, 06:16 PM
this one for Magic Kingdom emh
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/Butterflykised/Wishes2.jpg

I am VERY partial to this design! We used it too. :)

itslisa
01-01-2006, 06:17 PM

Very nice! You're doing some GREAT work!

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-01-2006, 06:22 PM
Very nice! You're doing some GREAT work!
No... I am just adding the text. All the designers on this board did all the work. I am just happy that I found these. I really want this trip to be memorable and magical for our whole family.

itslisa
01-01-2006, 06:25 PM
Went out to the movies today and saw Cheaper by the Dozen 2. DS had wanted to see it. It was OK .... but IMO, a rental. DS enjoyed it though and that was the point. DH didn't go with us - said he wanted to lie down. OK ...........

Got back and he wasn't here!!!

Turns out he snuck out and returned the Christmas gifts!!! He apologized and said - YES, he did wait til the last minute and wanted to get me *something*. Anyway, he got me a nice pair of jeans and a cool denim shirt that had lycra in it .... so it wasn't just a big tent. I LOVE IT!

SO .... since I mentioned my displeasure previously, I wanted to let everyone know he hit a home run this time! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

itslisa
01-01-2006, 06:26 PM
No... I am just adding the text. All the designers on this board did all the work. I am just happy that I found these. I really want this trip to be memorable and magical for our whole family.

You DO realize that a customized autograph book is your next step, right????

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-01-2006, 06:26 PM
This one for our day in Epcot
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/Butterflykised/epcotshirtidea.jpg
and ths one for our day at Animal kingdom
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/Butterflykised/AnimalKingdom.jpg
and this one for the Studios
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/Butterflykised/MGMStudios1.jpg

my3princes
01-01-2006, 06:27 PM
I also like this one

I love that one, my only thought is that it might be tough to cut around. You could add a fram or border to make it easier on yourself.

Deb

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-01-2006, 06:29 PM
You DO realize that a customized autograph book is your next step, right????
I don't even know what this is.. But I feel a project is in the works. Someone will have to let me know how to do this. :Pinkbounc

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-01-2006, 06:33 PM
I love that one, my only thought is that it might be tough to cut around. You could add a fram or border to make it easier on yourself.

Deb
Ummmm.. CUT around?? You mean this involves scissors too? :scared: Now I don't know what I got myself into. :faint:

Blueeyes101817
01-01-2006, 06:37 PM
I love the shirts...i b et your daughter will love them!!

dumby
01-01-2006, 06:40 PM

I ironed on six shirts today. Got one really crooked. Other than that they look great. Looks like you have every thing under control. Way to go.

Princess Nancy
01-01-2006, 06:41 PM
Tom, are you in Cincinnati??? You better CALL Amy or Kate and bribe them!!! I love your shock! :rotfl:

I could not even print the transfers I wanted!!!!

Grace (6) made me print out the Little Mermaid picture for her!

my3princes
01-01-2006, 06:42 PM
Ummmm.. CUT around?? You mean this involves scissors too? :scared: Now I don't know what I got myself into. :faint:

If you print using transfer paper for dark shirts (for pretty much any color other than white) any areas of the design without color will be white. You can trim around things to elimate the white or frame the designs to make trimming easier. You can use a background color that works with the color of your shirt. If you use transfer paper for light shirts the areas of design without color will remain without color, but when ironed leaves a bit of a glossy look.

I think I explained that correctly, but I'm sure that the tips thread covers it.

Deb

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-01-2006, 06:47 PM
If you print using transfer paper for dark shirts (for pretty much any color other than white) any areas of the design without color will be white. You can trim around things to elimate the white or frame the designs to make trimming easier. You can use a background color that works with the color of your shirt. If you use transfer paper for light shirts the areas of design without color will remain without color, but when ironed leaves a bit of a glossy look.

I think I explained that correctly, but I'm sure that the tips thread covers it.

Deb
O.K. I think I understand that. I did purchase the transfers for dark paper, because from what I understood, they did better than the light ones. As far as bordering or backgrounding the pics..Not quite sure how to do that???
I guess I am back to the drawing board on that one. :rolleyes1

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-01-2006, 06:49 PM
Tom, are you in Cincinnati??? You better CALL Amy or Kate and bribe them!!! I love your shock! :rotfl:

I could not even print the transfers I wanted!!!!

Grace (6) made me print out the Little Mermaid picture for her!

No I am not in Cinci... probably about 2 hours from there.
Leighanna like me to use the smilies. She loves them :cheer2: :cool1: :love:

itslisa
01-01-2006, 06:50 PM

LOL If you choose to use a dark color shirt or a bright color, you will need to use the transfer paper for DARK shirts. With this paper, anything without ink comes out white.

SO .... you can do a couple of things. You can cut out around the image so there is no white OR you can "frame" it and add a complimentary background color. If your frame has a jagged edge, flood the outside with a color that matches the t-shirt -- then there is no cutting. :)

dumby
01-01-2006, 06:50 PM
O.K. I think I understand that. I did purchase the transfers for dark paper, because from what I understood, they did better than the light ones. As far as bordering or backgrounding the pics..Not quite sure how to do that???
I guess I am back to the drawing board on that one. :rolleyes1

I found adding a border was easy and made it much easier to cut around. I use Jasc Paint Shop Pro and it has a way to add a border that is fairly easy.

Tammi67
01-01-2006, 06:52 PM
I compared her to Anna Nicole Smith this a.m. to my DD19. She was as trashy as could be imho! (sorry, not pulling any punches here... her behavior sickened me)
I think I am glad that I missed this.

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-01-2006, 06:53 PM
She also likes the Mermaid pic. When we were at Kings Island this summer we had one of the artists there do her characture (sp?) He asked her if she could have any type of body what would she like. She said Mermaid. So now she has a pic of her as a Mermaid and that is all that she talks about.

itslisa
01-01-2006, 06:54 PM
I don't even know what this is.. But I feel a project is in the works. Someone will have to let me know how to do this. :Pinkbounc

I think it was Kate that posted about these originally. I made mine from hat I saw of Kate's.

The way I did was to buy 6x6 scrapbook paper. I created a Word document and changed the page setup to 6x6. At the top, I typed "A December To Remember" and at the bottom I put "Walt Disney World" along with an image of the character.

There were a few we didn't see and a few I wished I had made a paper for. I did bring along blanks for the latter.

Can you read a Word file? If so, PM me your email address and I can send you my file. Why re-create the wheel????

miss missy
01-01-2006, 06:54 PM
Went out to the movies today and saw Cheaper by the Dozen 2. DS had wanted to see it. It was OK .... but IMO, a rental. DS enjoyed it though and that was the point. DH didn't go with us - said he wanted to lie down. OK ...........

Got back and he wasn't here!!!

Turns out he snuck out and returned the Christmas gifts!!! He apologized and said - YES, he did wait til the last minute and wanted to get me *something*. Anyway, he got me a nice pair of jeans and a cool denim shirt that had lycra in it .... so it wasn't just a big tent. I LOVE IT!

SO .... since I mentioned my displeasure previously, I wanted to let everyone know he hit a home run this time! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

YAY! I didn't get to use my massage cert yet, the girl was sick, so I am looking forward to this week for my appt! :love:

Tammi67
01-01-2006, 07:09 PM
Tom - I think you selected great designs. I especially like how you personalized all of the park designs. That was a nice touch. You are doing great!

Tammi67
01-01-2006, 07:12 PM
Ok, I just had to make it an even

1200!

tmfranlk
01-01-2006, 07:14 PM

1200!

YEAH! This thread seems to mark a lot of milestones for everyone.

itslisa
01-01-2006, 07:15 PM

1200!

Congrats to you! :)

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-01-2006, 07:16 PM
Tom - I think you selected great designs. I especially like how you personalized all of the park designs. That was a nice touch. You are doing great!
Thanks. I am glad I am starting early. If a month is early. :confused3 Because I really have alot to learn.

Blueeyes101817
01-01-2006, 07:16 PM

1200!

congrats tammi!

Blueeyes101817
01-01-2006, 07:17 PM
tammi-i got all confused at your post! i must have looked quick and thought i saw 2000--i was trying to figure out what milestone i missed--i was looking at the pages we were on,,everything--i got all confused!

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-01-2006, 07:18 PM
Hey... I have now officially hit 40. That is also my age. So I better stop now

Blueeyes101817
01-01-2006, 07:22 PM
anyone have any fun plans tonight?

KMH1
01-01-2006, 07:32 PM
Suddenly we're getting email notifications again! My inbox is flooded (seriously, I just deleted 60 of them)!!! What's really funny, is some are old and some are new. I think I'm going to have to turn this function off. :rotfl:

tinknme
01-01-2006, 07:33 PM
Curiosity got me today, so I asked ds what he used to clean the floor with. He said the oil & I asked him to show me which bottle he used. It was the cooking oil :teeth: I then asked ds if he poured this on the floor or added it to the container(I have one of those swifter mops). Well he had added the oil to the container, so this explains why everytime I tried to clean the floor, it got worse :rotfl2: I finally got a sinkfull of hot water & pine-sol & used a towel to clean the floor. After a couple of times it was clean. No more oil slick on my kitchen floor :rotfl: Guess I better buy a new swifter!

Oh my!!! How many times did you have to remop to get that up! What a sweet helper though. :)

itslisa
01-01-2006, 07:36 PM
OK kids ... i know I asked this before and somebody deferred to someboy else (descriptive, aren't I?) LOL

Anyway .... I was asking about Tivo vs a DVR.

Can anyone clue me in here????? DH and I want to get one or ther other tomorrow and we're still looking for opinions.

Why should we get a DVR over Tivo?
Why should we get a Tivo over DVR?

Any help / info would be appreciated!

itslisa
01-01-2006, 07:38 PM
Guess I better buy a new swifter!

Can't you just get a new cleaning fluid container???

tinknme
01-01-2006, 07:39 PM
Wow one of these sounds good right now. I had a very long day at work & this would definetly relax me :goodvibes

We make our frozen mudslides using ice, kaluha, vodka and baileys. Mixed well in the blender, poured into a chilled tulip glass topped with whipped cream. Then we pour a little kaluha over the edges and it runs down the inside of the tulip creating a mudslide. That is topped off with a cherry.

Many places use ice cream in their recipes which is what I consider an after dinner drink.

Deb

tinknme
01-01-2006, 07:42 PM
Oh I really like this one!

Blueeyes101817
01-01-2006, 07:44 PM
Curiosity got me today, so I asked ds what he used to clean the floor with. He said the oil & I asked him to show me which bottle he used. It was the cooking oil :teeth: I then asked ds if he poured this on the floor or added it to the container(I have one of those swifter mops). Well he had added the oil to the container, so this explains why everytime I tried to clean the floor, it got worse :rotfl2: I finally got a sinkfull of hot water & pine-sol & used a towel to clean the floor. After a couple of times it was clean. No more oil slick on my kitchen floor :rotfl: Guess I better buy a new swifter!

:rotfl: how cute!!!

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-01-2006, 07:46 PM
Oh I really like this one!
I liked it to... but now I am afraid. I need to border or frame and cut and flood color and crop and paste and iron and cut.... did I already say cut???? :rotfl:

mommykds
01-01-2006, 07:59 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Kate, Happy 8th Anniversary!!! Here's to 80 more!!!! Lovely bedroom.

RosieJo (Clare) Bob's your uncle...Just curious, do you happen to watch Eastenders? (is it still running in the UK?) My DH & I have been watching it since 1984 but we are about 4 years behind (they just did 2001 new years)
Every time we visit England we try to catch the show.

Amy, me too...I haven't been getting any email notifications from the DIS & now my inbox is flooded too...hmmmm...

Glynis
01-01-2006, 08:00 PM
I liked it to... but now I am afraid. I need to border or frame and cut and flood color and crop and paste and iron and cut.... did I already say cut???? :rotfl:

First of all, don't stress. You have picked wonderful designs. Second of all, there are so many great designers here that would love to help you out if you get stuck. Any one of them would be happy to walk you through the process via PM's or whatever. Once you get the designs all figured out, the printing, cutting out, and ironing on is a cinch! If you have specific questions, check out the tips thread. All of our trials and errors are posted there and you should be able to find some answers. The main reason this thread was started was so that we could provide our families with magical moments at our favorite place. You have already started that process! Just keep it up, and ask for help when you need it.

bethbuchall
01-01-2006, 08:01 PM
Hi, all! Happy 2006! I am back, but I don't have time to catch up right now.

Welcome to PrincessLeighsDaddy!

I'll be back over the next few days to catch up with you all.

I hope that everyone had a terrific holiday, and that 2006 is especially blessed for you all.

Beth

tinknme
01-01-2006, 08:11 PM
Yeah I guess I could, duh lol

Can't you just get a new cleaning fluid container???

tinker1bell
01-01-2006, 08:16 PM
This one for our day in Epcot
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/Butterflykised/epcotshirtidea.jpg
and ths one for our day at Animal kingdom
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/Butterflykised/AnimalKingdom.jpg
and this one for the Studios
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/Butterflykised/MGMStudios1.jpg

We used the Animal Kingdom and MGM designs too.
The AK actually looked good on a green shirt and the MGM we used on a red shirt

itslisa
01-01-2006, 08:17 PM
Yeah I guess I could, duh lol

I would dump out your current bottle, clean it out with some soapy water. Then add back HOT soapy water. (Dawn is great on grease) Shoot that through the system to see if it cleans out the lines. If it doesn't ... then yes .. you may have to buy a new mop too.

(Of course the new ones have that flip scrubby thing ..........)

tinknme
01-01-2006, 08:19 PM
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

tinknme
01-01-2006, 08:26 PM
I'll give this a try 1st :goodvibes

I would dump out your current bottle, clean it out with some soapy water. Then add back HOT soapy water. (Dawn is great on grease) Shoot that through the system to see if it cleans out the lines. If it doesn't ... then yes .. you may have to buy a new mop too.

(Of course the new ones have that flip scrubby thing ..........)

tink2020
01-01-2006, 08:31 PM
Suddenly we're getting email notifications again! My inbox is flooded (seriously, I just deleted 60 of them)!!! What's really funny, is some are old and some are new. I think I'm going to have to turn this function off. :rotfl:

I'm still not getting mine.

ETA: in fact, I was getting all but this thread. Now I'm getting NONE :confused3

KMH1
01-01-2006, 08:54 PM
Well, we just heard a mistake on our new Disney Bingo DVD game. The spot was for Sleeping Beauty/Princess Aurora and the voice over said something about Prince Charming looking for her. :earseek: I think that might tick Cinderella off! :rotfl:

itslisa
01-01-2006, 09:00 PM
I think that might tick Cinderella off! :rotfl:

I can you see the cat fight now!!! :crowded:

julia & nicks mom
01-01-2006, 09:05 PM
Well, we just heard a mistake on our new Disney Bingo DVD game. The spot was for Sleeping Beauty/Princess Aurora and the voice over said something about Prince Charming looking for her. :earseek: I think that might tick Cinderella off! :rotfl:

Amy - steve loves to mix up the princes and their princesses - Julia gets mad - I don't know why he always tries to stir up trouble with her - but this really gets her going when he mixes up her figurines!!!!

julia & nicks mom
01-01-2006, 09:14 PM
LISA

i have tivo - and I previously had DVR

the TIVO is part of my directv service and my dvr was part of my dishnetwork

we switched to the tivo b/c I wanted to be able to record one channel and watch another and at the time there was no DVR that could do it - so we switched to tivo

what I really like about tivo is the season pass feature - shows switch nights so often that I don't have to try to remember when it is on

Lisa - if you show me the two you are considering - I would be more than happy to help you sort it out

KMH1
01-01-2006, 09:15 PM
Amy - steve loves to mix up the princes and their princesses - Julia gets mad - I don't know why he always tries to stir up trouble with her - but this really gets her going when he mixes up her figurines!!!!

:earseek: I would never want to be in trouble with Julia1234! :earseek:

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-01-2006, 09:15 PM
o.k. lets see if I have this figured out.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/Butterflykised/new2.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/Butterflykised/new.jpg

Would these be easier to put on a shirt?
ETA: I have not tweaked these yet (centered, color, ect.) just seeing if I am going in the right direction here.

my3princes
01-01-2006, 09:19 PM

Colby got that game too, I'll have to listen for the blooper.

Deb

itslisa
01-01-2006, 09:21 PM
Lisa - if you show me the two you are considering - I would be more than happy to help you sort it out

I don' thave a DVR yet. We are looking at the Tivo Series 2 80 hour model.

I'm getting the feeling that Tivo is pretty much going to give us the same as a DVR, but the subscription service kicks it up a notch (or 2).

Am I off base?

Is there a DVR you would recommend?

KristineN
01-01-2006, 09:28 PM
I don' thave a DVR yet. We are looking at the Tivo Series 2 80 hour model.

I'm getting the feeling that Tivo is pretty much going to give us the same as a DVR, but the subscription service kicks it up a notch (or 2).

Am I off base?

Is there a DVR you would recommend?

My DVR/TIVO 2 cents:

We have a motorola DVR w/Comcast Cable TV. We are able to tape 2 shows at once, tape 1 watch another channel, tape 2 things and watch a previously taped show. The DVR we have also allows full season taping etc. It's extremely easy to use. We originally wanted TIVO, but after comparing, the DVR through comcast had more capabilities. I am not sure how they compare in price. We pay for our cable package plus an extra $9 per month for the DVR. My husband loves it!

Glynis
01-01-2006, 09:35 PM
o.k. lets see if I have this figured out.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/Butterflykised/new2.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/Butterflykised/new.jpg

Would these be easier to put on a shirt?
ETA: I have not tweaked these yet (centered, color, ect.) just seeing if I am going in the right direction here.

Tom,

Those look really good to me. I think you are definitely going in the right direction. It should be pretty easy to cut right along the edge of the frame before you iron these on. By the way, I think they look wonderful!

Tinkaroo
01-01-2006, 09:48 PM
Happy 2006 to all of the DDA!!

I haven't been on in quite some time, so I had a LOT of reading to catch up on. Although it was nice to see the chatter level returning to normal as folks finished up the holidays!

I hope 2006 is filled with a lot of joyful times and happy moments with your friends and family.

(And I second all of the earlier NY resolutions to keep this place a happy, safe one for all!)

Tinkaroo
01-01-2006, 10:00 PM
I'll fill you in on what I understand, being that we just finished installing the DirecTV DVR today!! :rotfl2:

I didn't have a ton of time to research, as my parents gave us some $$ towards it for our early anniversary present, and the deal Circuit City had on it expired yesterday!

However, the only thing I could tell as the real difference between the DVR done by DirecTV and the one that is purely Tivo were some of the more advanced features - TivoToGo (which I think was something like being able to download shows straight to a computer to burn to DVDs), the ability to tell your Tivo to record anything from anywhere with an internet connection (which I think is pretty cool! :goodvibes ), and being able to show your pictures/play music stored on your computer through your TV. There is a chart on Tivo's website: http://www.tivo.com/1.0.chart.asp

But, I do believe all the normal functions of Tivo are there on the DirecTV DVR - season pass features, the search features, etc. (At least - I hope so! There's no turning back now! :earseek: )

I think the DirecTV one is somehow linked with Tivo - it no longer says it on the box, etc., like I think it used to, but it still appears in the fine print on both their sites.

We were actually able to get the DVR R15 for about $99 with a $100 MIR - so, essentially free! It is supposed to hold upwards of 100 hours (although I understand that is dependent on the quality of recording you select). This was the best deal we found - even on the DirecTV website, they don't have as good of one for current subscribers. (Although I do believe they do if you're a new customer.)

We are recording our first thing tomorrow morning (hey - the Cotton Bowl, Denise!), as a trial run before we entrust it with the Rose Bowl while we're out of town! :cheer2:

We're excited! (And I hope this helps you - sorry for the length!)

Tinkaroo
01-01-2006, 10:03 PM
And meant to add - the DVR service through DirecTV is significantly less than Tivo. It's only an additional $5.99/month, and Tivo was $12+ per month.

PrincessLeighsDaddy
01-01-2006, 10:05 PM
I have read on here about thank you notes for housekeeping, and for special CM's that make your day truly magical.
So. While I was in my "creative mood" I did this.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/Butterflykised/thank1.jpg

I think it was Kate who coined the phrase "Belle Moment" and I thought that this picture seemed appropriate for thank you notes.

Blueeyes101817
01-01-2006, 10:07 PM
I have read on here about thank you notes for housekeeping, and for special CM's that make your day truly magical.

I think it was Kate who coined the phrase "Belle Moment" and I thought that this picture seemed appropriate for thank you notes.

thats cute!

Tinkaroo
01-01-2006, 10:10 PM

You're a natural! Wanna teach me? ;)

bengalbelle
01-01-2006, 10:12 PM

Looks great! Looks like we have another designer!

ReAnSt
01-01-2006, 10:14 PM
Tinkaroo,

I had to do a double take I though you glitter design said "hook 'em hookers" :earseek: although I was wrong. I had to go back and look to see what it really says.

Becky

Tinkaroo
01-01-2006, 10:18 PM
Sorry - I'm on a posting frenzy - making up for lost time I guess! :rolleyes1

If anyone has any advice/tips for DL - I would really appreciate them! (Glynis - your PM's have been invaluable - THANK YOU!! And, I hope to return the favor when you're ready to head to WDW!)

We are staying for 3 nights at the Disneyland Hotel next week, and going to DL/DCA Thursday-Saturday. I've only been to DL once (about 18 years ago! :earseek: ), and DH has never been.

I have done very little planning for this trip, and am beginning to panic! DH tells me to not stress - if we can do WDW, surely we can conquer DL - but I'm an obsessive-compulsive trip planner, and this is abnormal. I'm freaking myself out! :faint:

bengalbelle
01-01-2006, 10:18 PM
My DVR/TIVO 2 cents:

We have a motorola DVR w/Comcast Cable TV. We are able to tape 2 shows at once, tape 1 watch another channel, tape 2 things and watch a previously taped show. The DVR we have also allows full season taping etc. It's extremely easy to use. We originally wanted TIVO, but after comparing, the DVR through comcast had more capabilities. I am not sure how they compare in price. We pay for our cable package plus an extra $9 per month for the DVR. My husband loves it!
WE have a DVR through Cox Cable and we're able to watch one show while recording another. The only catch is if you're recording 2 different things at one time, you have to be watching one of the channels. I don't know if the series recording is the same as a season pass, but you can set it up to record a show every time it's on. You can also choose to only record first runs, or you can have it record first runs and repeats, and choose channels. We considered the Tivo, but decided we would try the DVR first since it was a little less per month for the subscription and because we didn't have to purchase the equipment. I'm interested in what Tinkaroo posted, though, about being able to burn shows off onto a DVD. We're using up a lot of space on ours with some of DS's favorite shows. The cable company told us we could record off it, but so far we've found no instructions for doing so.

Tinkaroo
01-01-2006, 10:21 PM
Tinkaroo,

I had to do a double take I though you glitter design said "hook 'em hookers" :earseek: although I was wrong. I had to go back and look to see what it really says.

Becky

Yikes - that would definitely bring this thread to a whole new level! :earseek: Glad you went back and reread it! :rotfl:

Nope - we're just big Texas Longhorns fans (and alums), and I decided to try the glitter site out with something fun!

bengalbelle
01-01-2006, 10:22 PM

If anyone has any advice/tips for DL - I would really appreciate them! (Glynis - your PM's have been invaluable - THANK YOU!! And, I hope to return the favor when you're ready to head to WDW!)

We are staying for 3 nights at the Disneyland Hotel next week, and going to DL/DCA Thursday-Saturday. I've only been to DL once (about 18 years ago! :earseek: ), and DH has never been.

I have done very little planning for this trip, and am beginning to panic! DH tells me to not stress - if we can do WDW, surely we can conquer DL - but I'm an obsessive-compulsive trip planner, and this is abnormal. I'm freaking myself out! :faint:
I'm sorry I can't help you, the last time I was at Disneyland I was 12 (21 years ago :earseek: ) but I just wanted to tell you I love your new signature picture! Hook 'em Horns!!!!!

marcij
01-01-2006, 10:24 PM
I know people here are so nice. If it was me I would have DS put the costume on again and take some closed-ups so you have some good pictures of him in it. This is of course if you haven't mailed it to be returned.

Becky

DH told he was going out in the hall to take pictures of Jake after their play (only the class had already gotten to their classroom and were changing out of their costumes and DH didn't tell me he didn't get the pictures). The day of the play, the drama teacher returned the costume. Since it was the day before our WDW trip, I immediately took it to FedEx to send back to Deb. I was worried something might happen to it before I could get it back to her. After I had sent it back, he showed me the pictures. UGH! He tells me he can crop and enlarge for a decent postable picture. We'll see if he can do it after he gets back from the Cotton Bowl tomorrow....

Tinkaroo
01-01-2006, 10:24 PM
I'm sorry I can't help you, the last time I was at Disneyland I was 12 (21 years ago :earseek: ) but I just wanted to tell you I love your new signature picture! Hook 'em Horns!!!!!

Thanks, Bengalbelle!

And congrats on LSU's HUGE WIN!!!!! WOW!!

(We were watching the game, and my DH said "this is going to be an a$$-whipping of huge proportions" - I think you guys were only up by 17 at the time. Boy, did he end up being right!!)

ReAnSt
01-01-2006, 10:28 PM
DH told he was going out in the hall to take pictures of Jake after their play (only the class had already gotten to their classroom and were changing out of their costumes and DH didn't tell me he didn't get the pictures). The day of the play, the drama teacher returned the costume. Since it was the day before our WDW trip, I immediately took it to FedEx to send back to Deb. I was worried something might happen to it before I could get it back to her. After I had sent it back, he showed me the pictures. UGH! He tells me he can crop and enlarge for a decent postable picture. We'll see if he can do it after he gets back from the Cotton Bowl tomorrow....

I'm sorry to hear you might not have a deccent picture. If none of that works, we've got lots of photo editing wizards here. Have Deb take a picture of one of her kids in the costume, take a picture of Jake and have someone photoshop or photoimpact them together. I know someone can do it.

Becky

itslisa
01-01-2006, 10:29 PM
Just an FYI .. we don't have Direct TV ... just regular old cable. In fact, we don't even have digital cable.

I had checked with our cable company a few months ago .. and will check again tomorrow ... but to get a DVR through cable, I need to upgrade to digital and then add on the DVR. I will check on the rates tomorrow.

my3princes
01-01-2006, 10:29 PM
Itslisa - I've been wondering if Ben liked the hooded towel set that you bought from me? You never mentioned whether he liked it, asked for my address to send payment then never opened the PM with my address in it. It is still showing as unopened in my sent mail. Was it ok?

Deb

bengalbelle
01-01-2006, 10:31 PM
Thanks, Bengalbelle!

And congrats on LSU's HUGE WIN!!!!! WOW!!

(We were watching the game, and my DH said "this is going to be an a$$-whipping of huge proportions" - I think you guys were only up by 17 at the time. Boy, did he end up being right!!)
It was a nice way to end the season! I hope yours ends with a big win as well!!

julia & nicks mom
01-01-2006, 10:32 PM
steve went on a business trip and brougth julia back a liberty bell

the last three nights - she goes to bed - rings it when she needs something and insists I bring her snacks and drinks on a tray

she is practicing being a princess

julia & nicks mom
01-01-2006, 10:34 PM
i don't know anything about college football but the bengals ended their season with two losses this week -

I hope they play better next week or we could be in trouble!

KMH1
01-01-2006, 10:35 PM

Julia has been a princess since the day she was born...we all know that!!! :goodvibes

ReAnSt
01-01-2006, 10:37 PM
steve went on a business trip and brougth julia back a liberty bell

the last three nights - she goes to bed - rings it when she needs something and insists I bring her snacks and drinks on a tray

Sorry, Julia doesn't need any practice being a princess. Her Mother is Queen and therefore she is a natural princess and doesn't need to practice. :rotfl2:

julia & nicks mom
01-01-2006, 10:38 PM
Julia has been a princess since the day she was born...we all know that!!! :goodvibes

you know you have been giving pretty extensive princess training yourself - just wait a year or two!!

my3princes
01-01-2006, 10:38 PM
I only have little princes. And one of them just got up and stole the 4th bottle of water I was supposed to drink today. I guess it's tap water or warm flavored water for me.

Deb

miss missy
01-01-2006, 10:39 PM
well ill be back later--mom and brother want to go out to the movies--time to get ready!

what did u see?

ReAnSt
01-01-2006, 10:41 PM
I only have little princes. And one of them just got up and stole the 4th bottle of water I was supposed to drink today. I guess it's tap water or warm flavored water for me.

Deb

You could always put ice cubes in your flavored water. I guess the princes will all need their own water bottles, so they can follow a healthy lifestyle as well. I can see it now you refrigerator will be filled with 20 personalized water bottles and nothing else. :rotfl:

KMH1
01-01-2006, 10:41 PM
you know you have been giving pretty extensive princess training yourself - just wait a year or two!!

I can't remember the exact context, but yesterday, Alyssa pointed to herself and said "me???" Kevin and I both :rotfl2:

We're going to have our hands full!

julia & nicks mom
01-01-2006, 10:43 PM
yep - and if they hang out and give each other ideas...

Julia asked me if she could have her birthday party at Disneyland this year!!

marcij
01-01-2006, 10:43 PM
I'm sorry to hear you might not have a deccent picture. If none of that works, we've got lots of photo editing wizards here. Have Deb take a picture of one of her kids in the costume, take a picture of Jake and have someone photoshop or photoimpact them together. I know someone can do it.

Becky

I think Randy will be able to get me a picture. And we bought the DVD of the play from the company that taped it for families, so hopefully he can pull one from that.

Tinkaroo
01-01-2006, 10:45 PM
It was a nice way to end the season! I hope yours ends with a big win as well!!

Thanks - I have all my fingers and toes crossed! (It's uncomfortable, but here's hoping it works!!!)

If I weren't so superstitious, I would have loved to have made a t-shirt - something to the effect of "We just won the National Championship - and we're going to Disneyland!) - but sure as I did it, they wouldn't win! I'm not chancing it!

itdjbw
01-01-2006, 10:51 PM
Thanks for all the great designs, I just found this thread about a week ago and went thru about 700 pages and the designs are amazing.

Also inspired me to order 100 transfer pages as I'm planning on doing some for our Magic cruise and Alaska cruise.

Still have to look at all the links and try my own - hardly moved off the couch lately!!!!

julia & nicks mom
01-01-2006, 10:52 PM

wow - you must have been lurking around for a while if you know about Belle Moments!!! :goodvibes

I love the picture - but I am thinking a CM will not understand what you mena by a belle moment - maybe you could say - thank you for your kindness

ReAnSt
01-01-2006, 10:54 PM
I think Randy will be able to get me a picture. And we bought the DVD of the play from the company that taped it for families, so hopefully he can pull one from that.

Thats good.

Becky

KristineN
01-01-2006, 10:55 PM
WE have a DVR through Cox Cable and we're able to watch one show while recording another. The only catch is if you're recording 2 different things at one time, you have to be watching one of the channels. I don't know if the series recording is the same as a season pass, but you can set it up to record a show every time it's on. You can also choose to only record first runs, or you can have it record first runs and repeats, and choose channels. We considered the Tivo, but decided we would try the DVR first since it was a little less per month for the subscription and because we didn't have to purchase the equipment. I'm interested in what Tinkaroo posted, though, about being able to burn shows off onto a DVD. We're using up a lot of space on ours with some of DS's favorite shows. The cable company told us we could record off it, but so far we've found no instructions for doing so.

Just curious, can you tape 2 programs at the same time...and watch the third-it has to be something you've previously taped, not live tv (hope that makes sense) We are able to on our DVR...

miss missy
01-01-2006, 11:00 PM
Just an FYI .. we don't have Direct TV ... just regular old cable. In fact, we don't even have digital cable.

I had checked with our cable company a few months ago .. and will check again tomorrow ... but to get a DVR through cable, I need to upgrade to digital and then add on the DVR. I will check on the rates tomorrow.

I myself got our cable down to local channels. I was sick of the bill and didn't want DD to see all that garbage on the TV.. ex. MTV! I actually coulda blocked it, but I just hate paying cable. So we are going with only a couple stations now. I do still tape shows on a VCR :rotfl: I love my shows and miss lifetime... but we adjusted and no one is complaining. Its a wonder I pulled this off, I thought I couldn't handle it. And let me tell you, sometimes there really is NOTHING on my TV now worth watching. Now if the stupid cable companies would let us pick what channels we wanted... I would jump!

Steffy
01-01-2006, 11:03 PM
or this

I like them both but am more in love with shirt #1... :love: :love:

PLD, you sure swing for the fences!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Steffy
01-01-2006, 11:07 PM
I also like this one

Good choice! Good choice! Great for meeting Ariel.... :wizard: princess:

Steffy
01-01-2006, 11:09 PM

I love your choices. All of them. :cheer2:

Steffy
01-01-2006, 11:11 PM

Terrifc. Sounds like he's a keeper..... :cheer2:

Blueeyes101817
01-01-2006, 11:15 PM
what did u see?

we ended up not going! Joe decided he wanted to go to his friend's house, and i figured id just lay around and get better some more :)

Steffy
01-01-2006, 11:20 PM

That's hilarious.... :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

BTW, I love your new siggie pic. Was that taken at the MNSSHP???

Steffy
01-01-2006, 11:31 PM
OK kids ... i know I asked this before and somebody deferred to someboy else (descriptive, aren't I?) LOL

Anyway .... I was asking about Tivo vs a DVR.

Can anyone clue me in here????? DH and I want to get one or ther other tomorrow and we're still looking for opinions.

Why should we get a DVR over Tivo?
Why should we get a Tivo over DVR?

Any help / info would be appreciated!

I have DVR. The equipment comes from my cable company (Comcast), so when it breaks, they come running to fix it. It is easy to use. Costs 9.95 per month. I like it because I can pause live tv, just hit the record button and record my shows. I also can do series recording and if the time changes it knows it and records it when it plays. (That's how I found out West Wing was on Sunday!, but I forgot to record the last show :sad: :)

I can record two different shows at the same time. I can tell it to only record the new Oprahs. I have a large hard drive (I think it is an 80)

TIVO, I do believe can do a season pass and find shows by typing the names. They just upgraded the software for my DVR and now I can do that too... :goodvibes

Previously (info from friends that have TIVO), you could pay $300 and get a subscription for life. TIVO is $12.95 a month. The equipment is about $300.

Hope that helps...

tinker1bell
01-01-2006, 11:33 PM

Deb

Deb, I had posted this on the Weight loss site. But this might help for those who have not looked at that site and may also help to differ your water bottle from the others. I cut up slices of oranges, lemons and some limes and put them on a plate and froze them. When frozen, store them in baggies and when getting my water ready for work, I put one of them in my water bottle with ice and it is just enough flavor for the day.

Steffy
01-01-2006, 11:52 PM
Thanks for all the great designs, I just found this thread about a week ago and went thru about 700 pages and the designs are amazing.

Also inspired me to order 100 transfer pages as I'm planning on doing some for our Magic cruise and Alaska cruise.

Still have to look at all the links and try my own - hardly moved off the couch lately!!!!

Welcome Julia!!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

tinker1bell
01-02-2006, 12:03 AM

Tom,
We all have our own thoughts for each thing that we do for our visit. It is what seems right to you. What Steffy and I did was print out sheets with the one picture of Tinkerbell from MidNite's site on the blue bottle and Steffy added the phrase "Do You Believe?" Then printed them out and I ironed them on handkerchiefs and bandanas and we handed them out. Infact our Mousekeeper Fanny at POFQ, used two of them to make something for us that we had left for her. http://photobucket.com/albums/c302/tinker1bell/ it looks like a mask.
Steffy also did a picture of tinkerbell with the phrase Thank you for sprinkling pixie dust on our day...You've made it "Magical"! and printed them out and laminated them and I cut them out about business card size and we handed them out.
I know that some do something printed out on envelopes.

Terry

itslisa
01-02-2006, 12:23 AM
Itslisa - I've been wondering if Ben liked the hooded towel set that you bought from me? You never mentioned whether he liked it, asked for my address to send payment then never opened the PM with my address in it. It is still showing as unopened in my sent mail. Was it ok?

Deb

Oh no! I'm so sorry I didn't tell you! Yes, I got it -- yes he LOVES it!!! I opened your PM and then set it back to unread so I wouldn't "lose" it among all the PMs.

I still need to send you a check ... we are searching for the check book right now. The other day, I added you address to our bill payer program with the credit union). I figure if I can' tfind it, at least I can send the check that way.

See ... this is the problem with paying EVERYTHING on-line!!!! We never use our checkbook anymore!!!!!

I'm so sorry you've had to wait.

itslisa
01-02-2006, 12:25 AM
I myself got our cable down to local channels.

Yes ... but if I did that ..... there would be NOTHING! LOL

I too would LOVE to pick channels!!!

Eeyorecln
01-02-2006, 12:28 AM

Try the Blue Bayou. It's a restaurant inside POTC it's great! Both times we went we scored waterside seating. :love: Both DH and I loved the Monte Cristo and the desserts are wonderful. There's some rides that are more detailed and longer at DL than their counterparts at WDW. If the FW are going on when you're there, you have to see them from the hub to get the full effect, the stretching room and some of the other special effects can only be viewed in the hub. The FW are amazing! :love: :wizard: I would go again just to see them. :cloud9: Have fun and if you have any questions I can try to help. We went last August and this December. Just PM me.

bengalbelle
01-02-2006, 12:31 AM
Oh no! I'm so sorry I didn't tell you! Yes, I got it -- yes he LOVES it!!! I opened your PM and then set it back to unread so I wouldn't "lose" it among all the PMs.

I still need to send you a check ... we are searching for the check book right now. The other day, I added you address to our bill payer program with the credit union). I figure if I can' tfind it, at least I can send the check that way.

See ... this is the problem with paying EVERYTHING on-line!!!! We never use our checkbook anymore!!!!!

How do you set a PM to unread?

julia & nicks mom
01-02-2006, 12:37 AM
How do you set a PM to unread?

dawn - there is an option to change your pm to unread - I didn't realize it showed it as unconfirmed to the sender - I did this once to avoid someone and they sent me another saying - I know you read my pm - it shows as confirmed - so I thought it was only so you could keep it in your pm box as one you want to keep for reference -

bengalbelle
01-02-2006, 12:39 AM
dawn - there is an option to change your pm to unread - I didn't realize it showed it as unconfirmed to the sender - I did this once to avoid someone and they sent me another saying - I know you read my pm - it shows as confirmed - so I thought it was only so you could keep it in your pm box as one you want to keep for reference -
Interesting!

Let's try this! I'm sending you a PM

julia & nicks mom
01-02-2006, 12:40 AM

Lisa - I pay everything online as well

I have learned that paypal is my best friend in paying for things -

Deb - do you have an account so lisa could just paypal you?

julia & nicks mom
01-02-2006, 12:44 AM
Interesting!

Let's try this! I'm sending you a PM

okay - how bored are we!!

I read it and changed it back to unread - what happened?

bengalbelle
01-02-2006, 12:46 AM
okay - how bored are we!!

I read it and changed it back to unread - what happened?
It says 0 unconfirmed private private message receipts :confused3

tinknme
01-02-2006, 12:48 AM
Thank you :goodvibes Yes it was at MNSSHP. I think we were the last to leave, I love being in the park after closing.

BTW, I love your new siggie pic. Was that taken at the MNSSHP???

julia & nicks mom
01-02-2006, 12:48 AM
Tom,
We all have our own thoughts for each thing that we do for our visit. It is what seems right to you. What Steffy and I did was print out sheets with the one picture of Tinkerbell from MidNite's site on the blue bottle and Steffy added the phrase "Do You Believe?" Then printed them out and I ironed them on handkerchiefs and bandanas and we handed them out. Infact our Mousekeeper Fanny at POFQ, used two of them to make something for us that we had left for her. http://photobucket.com/albums/c302/tinker1bell/ it looks like a mask.
Steffy also did a picture of tinkerbell with the phrase Thank you for sprinkling pixie dust on our day...You've made it "Magical"! and printed them out and laminated them and I cut them out about business card size and we handed them out.
I know that some do something printed out on envelopes.

Terry

Terry -

those are really cute and definately something they have never received before

we give cards and the CMs always seem happy to get them

But remember - if you really have a true Belle moment - out of the way awesome and amazing once in a lifetime moment - write a letter to disney - this info is looked at when they talk about promotions, reviews raises, etc

bengalbelle
01-02-2006, 12:51 AM
Deb, I had posted this on the Weight loss site. But this might help for those who have not looked at that site and may also help to differ your water bottle from the others. I cut up slices of oranges, lemons and some limes and put them on a plate and froze them. When frozen, store them in baggies and when getting my water ready for work, I put one of them in my water bottle with ice and it is just enough flavor for the day.
That's a good idea!

bengalbelle
01-02-2006, 12:52 AM
Just curious, can you tape 2 programs at the same time...and watch the third-it has to be something you've previously taped, not live tv (hope that makes sense) We are able to on our DVR...
We've never tried it, but I will tomorrow and let you know :)

julia & nicks mom
01-02-2006, 12:52 AM
Thank you :goodvibes Yes it was at MNSSHP. I think we were the last to leave, I love being in the park after closing.

In October we watched spectro at 11 in frontierland - there was no one back there - I bet there were less than 100people watching the parade

the workers told us this is normal during less crowded times when there are 2 parades

we took our time reaching the front and it was so nice - we could just walk slowly!!

although Imissed everyone ramming into mystroller!!! ;)

julia & nicks mom
01-02-2006, 12:55 AM

Deb

what no ice where you live?!?! ;)

I crack myself up - maybe that is b/c it is 2 in the morning and I am used to Julia's knock knock jokes

tinknme
01-02-2006, 01:01 AM

although Imissed everyone ramming into mystroller!!! ;)

Steffy
01-02-2006, 01:36 AM
Okay does anybody else know the movie titled "Elmo Saves Christmas?" In the movie Elmo has a wish and he asks for Christmas to be everyday...

Well, this is what the loving nature of this thread has been to me. Christmas everyday... This week I got two more boxes with ornaments. Lovely ornaments from our Queen Kate and lovely ornaments from Amy and Kevin. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Thank you seems like such a small bit of gratitude, but it's all I've got. So thank you... I will think of all of the special DDAs when I put my tree up next year. For right now, I am cherishing each ornament as I pack them away. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :grouphug: :grouphug:

Tammi67
01-02-2006, 06:47 AM
tammi-i got all confused at your post! i must have looked quick and thought i saw 2000--i was trying to figure out what milestone i missed--i was looking at the pages we were on,,everything--i got all confused!
You did! I must have been hallucinating and originally put 2000. I was hoping I had edited it before anyone saw!

Tammi67
01-02-2006, 06:57 AM
If you don't frame it, and you cut it out square, it will look like this. I used a corner-rounder from my scapbooking stuff so I didn't have pointy corners.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/tammi67/WDW%20December%202005/Day%20Three%20AK%20and%20MGM/048.jpg

ETA: Nevermind, as I read further I saw that you got the bordering thing down.

Tammi67
01-02-2006, 07:27 AM
Where is everyone this morning. You all must be resting up after a busy weekend.

itslisa
01-02-2006, 08:09 AM
I have learned that paypal is my best friend in paying for things - Deb - do you have an account so lisa could just paypal you?

Unfortunately, she doesn't use it for taking IN money -- just for buying on Ebay. I had asked her about it before. (I use Paypal too!)

itslisa
01-02-2006, 08:16 AM

Deb -- I started with my computer desk last night .. in between posts. It's where I do the bills, it HAD to be there, right? Nope. DH made me go to bed. LOL

I started looking again this morning!!! Re-searched the computer desk -- nope! Started in on the kitchen. Pulled out drawers where it had no business being. And then ... I saw my pocketbook. Now, as simple as this sounds, I don't carry my checkbook in there anymore. Why? I never use it and why chance losing checks! (small irony here!)

Anyway .... I haven't used my pocketbook since before out trip. I took out what I needed and threw it into my backpack. Then I bought a bag at Disney and have been using it ever since ...

But I digress ....

Guess what I found in my pocketbook?!?! My checkbook!!!!!!

I am writing and mailing the check TODAY!
Again, I'm really sorry you had to wait!!!!

tink2020
01-02-2006, 08:32 AM
PrincessNancy....... did Kate hijack your signature, or are you sucking up to your own sister?! :rotfl:

Blueeyes101817
01-02-2006, 08:35 AM
You did! I must have been hallucinating and originally put 2000. I was hoping I had edited it before anyone saw!

that makes me feel better--im not going crazy!!! you should have seen me--i was looking at every place with numbers to try and figure it out!!

Tammi67
01-02-2006, 08:48 AM
Sorry that I freaked you out....lol.

Blueeyes101817
01-02-2006, 08:59 AM
Sorry that I freaked you out....lol.

hahaha..it was quite funny!

bear74
01-02-2006, 09:06 AM
hi everyone.
I am back on page 1411 I just got up you guys have been very chatty these past 2 days I have almost 40 pages to catch up on. Hope everyone had a safe new year. and that all the sick DDA's and their kids are on the mend.

marcij
01-02-2006, 09:07 AM
Denise --

ROLL TIDE!! My DH and DS6 are there trying to scalp tickets. I'll let you know if they get in....

I know he's hating doing this, as he gave away our tickets three weeks ago! What a nice daddy to do this so DS can spend time with his best friend who no longer goes to his school. I'm a very lucky girl....