PDA

View Full Version : ***Disney Design Addict's Chit Chat,Designs and Pixie Dust! Everybody WELCOME!*** Part 5

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19

tink2020
12-31-2005, 08:42 AM
Never got into it. But, I recently started watching it in re-runs. Definitely a show I would like.

Of course, to be honest, one of my favorites is Gilmore Girls.

oooh, me too! Not about 7th Heaven, but GG. LOVE that show!

My mom and I had the same problem at the store yesterday. We ALWAYS have too much food at New Years, so we wrote down what we were going to have, VERY specifically. There will be about 10 of us here, and we have full pans/batches/etc of at LEAST 30 things. Kate? Amy? What are you doing tonight? :rotfl: Well, maybe my mom would get mad if I invited more people now. She'd actually probably go get more food :rolleyes2

rosiejo
12-31-2005, 08:43 AM
Kate - I don't mind you being in stealth mode - to be honest I don't really pay attention to the lights anyway! And besides the way I see it if you being in stealth mode gives you more time to play with us without being inundated with tee shrt designs then that's a good thing.

Besides what do people think this is a Tee shirt designing board or something :rolleyes1

:goodvibes :goodvibes

tink2020
12-31-2005, 08:43 AM
Hello all. :wave: I have a question regarding making t-shirts. I have seen some of the designs that you all have made, and think they are amazing!

I have looked at Kate's faq thread, but still have one question. Do you print the designs that you have from the ones listed on your photobucket accounts?

I am going to order the dark transfer paper from ebay, and was wondering about how to print it.

I plan on surprising the whole family with these shirts. I figure if you can't act like a kid at disney, then, where can you?

BTW I think you guys are a hoot!.. I sometimes spit diet coke at my computer screen reading your posts.

Sorry to have been lurking for so long. But what is a shy guy supposed to do? LOL.

WELCOME! Is that your daughter in your signature? She's beautiful! You're always welcome around here... especially if you're going to jump right in and spit diet coke on the screen :rotfl:

I'll make sure someone else answered your question about printing before posting, but I wanted to welcome you! :goodvibes

tink2020
12-31-2005, 08:45 AM
Stop lurking and join in! :wave2:
ETA: if you see something kate did and you want them personalized, just pm her.

Or any one of us, for that matter! :goodvibes Although, as you probably already know.... Kate is the queen :teeth:

tink2020
12-31-2005, 08:48 AM
Thanks.. I need all the help I can get!
BTW I have called her princess since the day she was born. This is her about 12 months old. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/Butterflykised/ek_2_3.jpg

How CUTE! She will fit in perfectly at WDW... they definitely know how to treat a princess there! :goodvibes

tink2020
12-31-2005, 08:57 AM
Never in my life have I been at such a loss for what to do. I am usually the one that people go to for help and answers. I've NEVER been at such a loss. That's why I haven't put this to rest yet.

kate :flower:

Ok.... I'm going to go out on a limb here, and hope it doesn't start a fire. I think Kate is ABSOLUTELY right. Sarcasm is a tough thing to deal with..... my family has learned this in person, and if you've EVER been on message boards or instant messengers, etc in the past, I'm sure you've all seen it rear its ugly head as well.

I do want to add, though, one thing. We don't know the whole story. Unless we can be at Lisa's and Paul's and Marti's houses, we don't know exactly what was interpreted, what was read a different way than intended, etc. I, too REALLY want Marti and Paul to stick around. They truly are part of this family. But at the same time, ItsLisa - as far as we know - has not done anything different than many people on this thread. She has shared her stories, her opinions, her family, etc with us --- which is what we LOVE about this group, no? Maybe I'm naive, but nothing she ever said caught me off guard.

Even before Marti's saddening post, I was QUITE uncomfortable with some of the "snarky" (great word, BTW!) things that were being fired. I chalked it up to sarcasm, but I thought she was getting picked on quite a bit.

Like I said.... I want EVERYONE to stick around. I hate that this has even come up, but let's be fair. That's all. I'm not trying to defend one party or another (because really, it's not my business). I agree with Kate, that we should keep our posts in check.

But that goes for ALL of us. Not just some people.

That's just my two cents, hope it came out loving and not hateful.... I hate confrontation. But I also hate when people aren't treated fairly :confused3

dumby
12-31-2005, 09:23 AM
I wasn't quite sure if I should make t-shirts or do sweatshirts for our trip, but, after seeing Tammi's photos and the option of using a turtleneck underneath, I think I will do t-shirts. That way it will work if it is hot or cool. And with Feb. I have heard it can be really warm or really cool. So I should have both basis covered. :disrocks:

Welcome. I am going Feb 15-22 and we are making t-shirts also and taking long sleeved shirts just in case. Keep your fingers crossed for the warmer weather. My little one would love to be able to swim while we are there. We are also staying at POR so post pics when you get back if you can.

dumby
12-31-2005, 09:28 AM
I am also going to need a special shirt for my dd. She will be turning 4 on this trip. Birthday breakfast with the princesses at CRT. She might wear one of her disney dresses for the breakfast and then change afterward. So if anyone has any ideas, or what you have done, share.

Wow I could be talking about my trip. We are eating with the princesses except it will be my mom's b'day. She will be 70 so no princesses dress for her :rotfl: :rotfl:. I made shirts for all five of us to wear. They are different styles but all have the princesses on them. There will be my DS 5, my great neice 6, my niece 27, mom, and myself. The kids shirts have their pictures on them with the princesses. If I get time later I will post pics of the designs. I am really excited about this trip and hope you have time to share before we leave.

dumby
12-31-2005, 09:32 AM
Marti, Don't go. It wouldn't be the same without you. I hope a few peoples negative posts won't keep you away from the rest of us. I will miss you for sure.

Deb

Just wanted to say DITTO for me also.

PrincessLeighsDaddy
12-31-2005, 09:45 AM
Welcome. I am going Feb 15-22 and we are making t-shirts also and taking long sleeved shirts just in case. Keep your fingers crossed for the warmer weather. My little one would love to be able to swim while we are there. We are also staying at POR so post pics when you get back if you can.

I will be sure to post pics.
My little one puts her swimsuit on sometimes all by herself and says-"I am wearing this at Disney World!". Keeping my fingers crossed that it will be warm enough. (for all of us)

PrincessLeighsDaddy
12-31-2005, 09:47 AM
Wow I could be talking about my trip. We are eating with the princesses except it will be my mom's b'day. She will be 70 so no princesses dress for her :rotfl: :rotfl:. I made shirts for all five of us to wear. They are different styles but all have the princesses on them. There will be my DS 5, my great neice 6, my niece 27, mom, and myself. The kids shirts have their pictures on them with the princesses. If I get time later I will post pics of the designs. I am really excited about this trip and hope you have time to share before we leave.

I would like to see them. I have been browsing and looking at all the designs here and am at a loss as to which ones to use. Everyone's designs are GREAT!

babytrees
12-31-2005, 09:50 AM
I also am resolving with Kate to check, double check, and even triple check my posts....I went through some of mine that I had posted this past week and decided they were more snarky than I would ever really be. :guilty: So if you ever see ETE in my posts...I have Edited To Eliminate(my bad mood!!)

May our happy family come back together stronger!!

Theresa

bengalbelle
12-31-2005, 09:54 AM
Or any one of us, for that matter! :goodvibes Although, as you probably already know.... Kate is the queen :teeth:
Sorry - when I read his post the first time, I thought he mentioned her designs specifically. I just re-read and saw he meant her faq thread (that's what I get for reading here when I should have been asleep).

So yes, there are LOTS of talented designers on this board so check them all out :goodvibes

bengalbelle
12-31-2005, 09:57 AM
My mom turned 70 while we were there in September. She wore Kate's design that was posted here last night - the pink ears with the tiara. She got tons of attention with that shirt. I also made her wear a tiara to CRT and that got her even more attention!

PNO4TE
12-31-2005, 10:10 AM
Have any of my DDA family ever been to Disneyland Paris? We have begun to talk about next year's Holiday Trip and thought maybe, after 10 years, a change might be in order.

Younger DD does not like the beach, she prefers the city. :confused3
Neither DDs liked California the few times we have been there so Disneyland USA is not a choice. :earseek:
DH and I do NOT want to go anywhere cold and snowy! :cold:

None of us is thoroughly enthralled with the idea of a cruise. :boat:

Now, I am well aware that Paris could be cold and snowy, but it would not be like Vancouver or Vail or Vermont (sorry Deb ;) ).

So....... any thoughts or experiences on Disneyland Paris? :listen:

Princess Nancy
12-31-2005, 10:20 AM
Elin, I just noticed in another post you live off I-95. I do too in South Carolina. A Little Town called Florence.We also are a big "Halfway" stop for people heading to FL from the North! owever, Our little town probably isn't much to go into for a visit. You also have to drive through our town to get to Myrtle Beach. Lots of traffic in the summer!

Princess Nancy
12-31-2005, 10:22 AM
Oh meant to mention, I have not been to Disney in Paris. I have been to Paris but not disney. I do remember reading a thread on the Trip Reports boards I think about all the cultural differences. I would think it would be interesting and exciting to go there.

mommykds
12-31-2005, 10:39 AM
Wow, lots went on while I was off the boards for Chirstmas...haven't checked in since Christmas Eve & took some time this morning catching up.
Hope everyone enjoyed Christmas & Hanukkah.

We spent Christmas Eve alone (just I, Dh, & the kids)...it was great. Christmas day however was another story...we went to my MIL's house for dinner (brought my mom too)...it was a full house. My (evil) SIL was there with my doormat BIL (sorry but he is) It's a long story but she is as mean as all get out & he follows her around like a puppy dog. They moved to AL last year & this was the first time we have seen them in a year. She was her old self on Christmas, bossing everyone around, being demeaning to my BIL, & mean to their kids. At on point she even stomped off into the basement because someone didn't do what she wanted them to. (during their week up here in NY they let us have the kids for an overnight visit which was wonderful, the kids are sweet & my kids enjoyed the time with their cousins) however they did not let them go over to my other DH's brothers house & that hurt him deeply. OK enough about that!

My kids got alot from Santa..the girls got American Girl Doll stuff & my DS got alot of board games & video games. (He's playing Donkey Konga with the drums right now..gives me a headache but he is happy!) We had a beautiful morning watching them open their gifts. DH was supposed to buy me new dishes & carpet for the house but surprised me with a new coat..inside the pocket were a pair of diamond hoop earrings..whoa that was a surprise!!! :earseek: I have worn them every day since. He's a sweety. :love: I only got 3 hours of sleep that night since my 6 year old ds would not go to bed til 3 am because he wanted to see Santa!!! (they all got up at 6am) :guilty:

After the holiday we took a drive to PA to visit more family & yesterday we took thie girls for their birthdays (both of my girls are Dec babies) to American Girl for the show & lunch at the cafe...the love dthe show & lunch was wonderful. Dessert was so cute, chocolate mousse in a flower pot with a daisy on top, a small dark chocolate coffee cup you can eat with pudding inside & a little red gum drop slice, & a snowflake sugar cookie. My girls got to have their dolls sit with them at the table & were given a plate & cup to feed them with. It was such a nice experience & my girls were so happy & giggly...for anyone who know about AGD, they just came out with the new girl of the year Jess for 2006..I bought her for my oldest who loves monkeys. (Jess comes with a play monkey) She is a very pretty doll. Fifth avenue was super crowded...Went to service at St. Pat's & then got out of the city before rush hour. I fell asleep at 8:30 last night because we have been so busy..I was just knocked out. By the way, I saw a post asking if you throw the boxes out from the dolls...unfortunately I do because my girls now have 7 dolls & 2 bitties between them & I don't have room to store the boxes but if you have the room I think it would be a good idea to save the boxes.

Today we are taking the kids to New Years Eve family bowling..I know..very chic! :rotfl2: They do a party with noise makers & hats for the kids & bowling & pizza...we will be in tonight watching the ball from our living room.

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!

To everyone still sick, hope you feel better soon.

By the way, we moved our 2006 trip from Oct to Aug...going the last 2 weeks so I don't have to take the kids out of school. That gives me 2 less months to diet!! :rolleyes1

Glynis
12-31-2005, 10:52 AM
That's so neat! I've never heard of anyone doing that. :)

It's something my parents started when my sister and I were little. One year they forgot where they put a couple of Christmas presents until after Christmas. They didn't want to wait a whole year to give them to us, so decided to have Baby New Year bring them. It was so fun when I was a kid. As an adult I didn't really want to do it with my kids, but my parents kept up the tradition, and now we just can't stop. The kids love it, but don't really understand why Baby New Year only visits them and their cousins. I explained that Grandpa had a special deal worked out with Baby New Year, and not everyone does that. So far, so good.

Glynis
12-31-2005, 10:54 AM
Hello all. :wave: I have a question regarding making t-shirts. I have seen some of the designs that you all have made, and think they are amazing!

I have looked at Kate's faq thread, but still have one question. Do you print the designs that you have from the ones listed on your photobucket accounts?

I am going to order the dark transfer paper from ebay, and was wondering about how to print it.

I plan on surprising the whole family with these shirts. I figure if you can't act like a kid at disney, then, where can you?

BTW I think you guys are a hoot!.. I sometimes spit diet coke at my computer screen reading your posts.

Sorry to have been lurking for so long. But what is a shy guy supposed to do? LOL.

Lurk no longer! Join the fun! We need some more masculinity to balance us out! And a guy who wants to do T-shirts!!!!! That is even better! Welcome to our nutty family.

I really can't help much because I don't do any designing, I just hang on the coat tails of those that can. However, I'm sure by now someone has given you the instructions. I just wanted to add my WELCOME!

MazdaUK
12-31-2005, 10:58 AM
I don't know, turn my back fro a few days and you all start squabbling! :sad2: Too much egg nog on your cornflakes! I hope we can all get back to the happy way we were - maybe we're all a bit lacking in Disney magic at the moment.

Disneyland Paris: we went there in 2003 for the Whitsun holiday. We stayed at the Hotel New York for 4 nights, arriving from London by Eurostar. At the time our DS were 9 and 3, and it was a first experience of character for DS3. One day less would not have been a problem.

The hotel was lovely, very comfortable and a short walk through the Disney village (shops and restaurants to you and me :rolleyes1 ) to the park. Some of the rides are the same, some are better, (no Splash Mountain :sad: ) but as its VERY small compared with WDW (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Disneyland Park and MGM would fit into MK - you might need a bit of the car park to fit it all in). The shows and parades are excellent as you'd expect.

The weather was very hot when we were there -hot for Paris, 28-30 degrees C - and you did need to go into certain rides/shops/shows to cool down. The stunt show and the area outside the castle (where the Winnie the Pooh show was held) became VERY hot. The characters were generally not so well handled as in the US - think more Universal, few proper lines and often not even a handler. Its also a no picnic zone - you have to eat your own food outside the gates. And being France don't go looking for free iced water, or a reduction if you don't want a vegetable with your meal. And don't even THINK about asking to split a dish, or get an extra bun for your burger :rotfl:

If you are eating breakfast at your hotel, you will notice loads of people making up cheese and ham rolls and fruit to take to the park. We also took small bottles of water and refilled them from the fountains. These all got through with no problem but you couldn't take the size of coolers you see in the US. You could probably manage without a stroller for any child over 5.

You'll find more recent trip reports on the UK board or the DLP thread, these are my impressions based on nearly 3 years ago! However, if you want a Disney fix as part of another holiday you will probably find it will do you fine.

I'm doing Jury Service for the next 2 weeks so may not get to post very much (and probably won't keep up!)

Glynis
12-31-2005, 10:58 AM
Glynis,

Remember being first married and able to stay up late? Once the kids came, you could get a baby sitter and still be able to have fun. A few years later, we would sit and watch TV and at some point fall asleep, wake up at midnight say Happy New Year and then go to bed :rotfl:

This year DH has a concert and everyone have good thoughts it does not rain here so I can be Tony again!!!

I do remember those days! In fact, when we were first married we only lived 3 hours from Vegas, so we used to do weekends in Vegas quite frequently. Now, I'm lucky if I can outlast the kids!

I'm hoping it doesn't rain for you! It's pouring here, so I'll pray that it stays here in Utah and doesn't affect you at all!

Glynis
12-31-2005, 11:00 AM
we are going FEB 3-10. Staying at POR. We can't wait! And thanks for the comment on our daughter. She is definitely a daddy's little girl! :cloud9:

Every girl should be able to say that! I know I am! Daddy spoiled me for anyone else. Luckily DH is like my dad in many ways, and is willing to let me go home often for a bit of spoiling.

Your daughter is gorgeous! Why is it that the people on the DDA have the most beautiful children in the world? Has anyone but me noticed that? Not that I'm biased or anything, but I think we all have incredible kids!

Glynis
12-31-2005, 11:04 AM
I think one shirt per day should be sufficient, I don't want to get too domesticated here. :rotfl: If my wife knows that I know how to iron, she'll add that to my "honey do" list. :earseek:

Not fair! I just spit water all over the screen. Too funny! Trust me, there are ways to do it secretly. I did 20 shirts without my husband even knowing about it until I sprang them on him. I have to do it secretly, too, or else he'll ask me to iron his shirts, and I just don't do that.

Isn't that what the dryer's for?

itslisa
12-31-2005, 11:07 AM
I explained that Grandpa had a special deal worked out with Baby New Year, and not everyone does that. So far, so good.

OK .. tell the truth .. aren't little white lies like that FUN! :)

Glynis
12-31-2005, 11:09 AM
Just for clarification, there was sarcasm in my post when I commented about your stealth mode. I understand why you do it, an if you need to, please, continue to do it. :goodvibes

Also, let me apologize now for any comments that I may have made that hurt or upset anyone. I don't know if I did or not, but just wanted to say this. Let's get things back to the way they used to be. I love it here and have great fun, and consider you all my friends.

I resolve to abide by Kate's resolution.

Marti, come back!

Tammi

I also make this my New Year's Resolution! Thanks Kate for helping us out! That's why you are our queen!

itslisa
12-31-2005, 11:11 AM
Isn't that what the dryer's for?

LOL No doubt!

When DH and I were first together, he tried to teach me how to "properly iron his uniform". LOL Ummmm ... NO! They're BDU's for heavens sakes!! Long ago, I told him I would crease them out of the dryer and if he wanted them sharper ... I pointed out the ironing board! He ironed his own when he was Basic and after!

Oh, and sewing on patches etc. UGH He wanted perfection. I finally gave up -- too many arguments!! I found a seamstress who we paid per patch. (It was cheaper than marriage counseling!!)

Steffy
12-31-2005, 11:12 AM
This thread is an abnormality of cyberspace. A comforting place to come with no flames and no attitudes. I have been active on message boards since 1980, when we used a TTY attached to a 100 baud modem. I have never seen anything like the DDA. It is so rare and sweet. :flower: :flower:

This is my 800th post on the dis. Actually it is probably my 1000th , but some of the threads I had been active on were closed and deleted. :sad:

I wanted it to be sparkly with tons of happy faces….. :cheer2: :cheer2: :love1: :love2: :wave2:

Never in my life have I been at such a loss for what to do. I am usually the one that people go to for help and answers. I've NEVER been at such a loss. That's why I haven't put this to rest yet.

Ok.... I'm going to go out on a limb here, and hope it doesn't start a fire. I think Kate is ABSOLUTELY right. Sarcasm is a tough thing to deal with..... my family has learned this in person, and if you've EVER been on message boards or instant messengers, etc in the past, I'm sure you've all seen it rear its ugly head as well.

I do want to add, though, one thing. We don't know the whole story. Unless we can be at Lisa's and Paul's and Marti's houses, we don't know exactly what was interpreted, what was read a different way than intended, etc. I, too REALLY want Marti and Paul to stick around. They truly are part of this family. But at the same time, ItsLisa - as far as we know - has not done anything different than many people on this thread. She has shared her stories, her opinions, her family, etc with us --- which is what we LOVE about this group, no? Maybe I'm naive, but nothing she ever said caught me off guard.

Even before Marti's saddening post, I was QUITE uncomfortable with some of the "snarky" (great word, BTW!) things that were being fired. I chalked it up to sarcasm, but I thought she was getting picked on quite a bit.

Like I said.... I want EVERYONE to stick around. I hate that this has even come up, but let's be fair. That's all. I'm not trying to defend one party or another (because really, it's not my business). I agree with Kate, that we should keep our posts in check.

That's just my two cents, hope it came out loving and not hateful.... I hate confrontation. But I also hate when people aren't treated fairly

All I can say is, DITTO both Kate and Jen. You both said it so eloquently and peacefully. I really couldn’t have said it better myself, so I just quoted the two of you. I hope that everyone irons this out, in PMs!!, and things are back to normal for the new year... :grouphug: :grouphug:

HEY, THIS IS POST 800 FOR ME!! :cheer2: :banana: :cool1: :jumping1: :chat: :rockband:

Rosiejo... Bob’s your uncle!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

bengalbelle
12-31-2005, 11:17 AM
I don't know, turn my back fro a few days and you all start squabbling! :sad2: Too much egg nog on your cornflakes! I hope we can all get back to the happy way we were - maybe we're all a bit lacking in Disney magic at the moment.
I am LMAO at that one! :rotfl:
I was wondering where you were! Welcome back and good luck with jury duty.

bengalbelle
12-31-2005, 11:19 AM
This thread is an abnormality of cyberspace. A comforting place to come with no flames and no attitudes. I have been active on message boards since 1980, when we used a TTY attached to a 100 baud modem. I have never seen anything like the DDA. It is so rare and sweet. :flower: :flower:

This is my 800th post on the dis. Actually it is probably my 1000th , but some of the threads I had been active on were closed and deleted. :sad:

I wanted it to be sparkly with tons of happy faces….. :cheer2: :cheer2: :love1: :love2: :wave2:

All I can say is, DITTO both Kate and Jen. You both said it so eloquently and peacefully. I really couldn’t have said it better myself, so I just quoted the two of you. I hope that everyone irons this out, in PMs!!, and things are back to normal for the new year... :grouphug: :grouphug:

HEY, THIS IS POST 800 FOR ME!! :cheer2: :banana: :cool1: :jumping1: :chat: :rockband:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
Congratulations on 800!!

Glynis
12-31-2005, 11:20 AM
OK .. tell the truth .. aren't little white lies like that FUN! :)

I think this is the last year my oldest DD will believe in Baby New Year or Santa Claus. At some point, I'm going to take her aside and explain how the magic of the holidays works and invite her to be part of the magic making for her little brother and sisters. She loves to do surprises for them, so I'm hoping that will help ease the transition.

my3princes
12-31-2005, 11:39 AM
Good day in the Brooks household. I now have installed a wireless router on my brother's computer (next door) so I have dsl. No more dialup for me!! :cheer2: :cheer2: I've had the hardware since black friday, but finally decided to just install it myself. It really wasn't too hard.

I'm off to the store to purchase supplies for my weightloss plan that starts tomorrow. I'm planning to make a life style change for all 5 of us.

In response to Kate. I agree, and promise to be more sensitive to others. I find that sarcasm flows from my mounth (and fingers) without thought. While everyone that I relate to on a daily basis tends to know my personality, many of you may not. I apologize if I have offended anyone and will try to be more sensitive. I cannot however promise that I will completely stop the sarcasm as it is a big part of my personality and you wouldn't recognize me without a little. I have also noticed changes in the tones of many posts over the last few weeks. It isn't people venting about family, illness or life problems, but the overall tone. I hope that we can all play friendly and that we not lose anyone from this thread. I consider you part of my extended family and would be lost if I couldn't check in on you all whenever I find a moment. I'm hoping to get my dh to join in on the fun. You should see him begin posting on the weight loss thread either today or tomorrow :love: .

Deb

tink2020
12-31-2005, 12:02 PM
Sorry - when I read his post the first time, I thought he mentioned her designs specifically. I just re-read and saw he meant her faq thread (that's what I get for reading here when I should have been asleep).

So yes, there are LOTS of talented designers on this board so check them all out :goodvibes

:rotfl: I didn't mean anything by that! I was just letting him know that pretty much anyone would help out if he PMed the designers :goodvibes

miss missy
12-31-2005, 12:07 PM

That's just my two cents, hope it came out loving and not hateful.... I hate confrontation. But I also hate when people aren't treated fairly :confused3

Well said Jennifer! :goodvibes

tink2020
12-31-2005, 12:08 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Congrats on your own milestone! :goodvibes

That's really what I was hoping too, that we wouldn't all get into a big old war over something that we weren't each involved in personally. I didn't mean to offend anyone :goodvibes

This is a GIANT group of friends, really, and with the magnitude of the personalities involved.... some things are bound to be disagreed upon. That doesn't mean our trouble free zone is gone, it means we're normal human beings. I hope that everything CAN get ironed out, but I hope that if we offend one another ever we can talk it out person to person (well, PM to PM since we're all hundreds of miles apart :rotfl: ). That's TOTALLY normal, in my opinion.... things happen, and people have to confront one another when feelings are hurt. But we don't need to speculate, guess, try and "help out" if we don't know the whole story. I just think more feelings get hurt that way.

As far as Disneyland Paris, I have no ideas for you Elin. But if you go, you're doing a COMPLETE report and taking tons of pictures, right? :goodvibes

ReAnSt
12-31-2005, 12:27 PM
I feel bad that our trouble free home caused trouble for the one who loved it the most. I am sure that no one intended for feelings to get hurt. I know deep down she doesn't want to leave and I hope she changes her mind. She will be missed no matter what the case.

However let us all remember with the internet it is so hard to convey exactly what you mean without it being taken out of context. So much of what we saw and do on a normal basis in real life is based on our voice, facial expressions and our body actions that it is extremely hard to duplicate in cyberspace. Until we all get streaming video and audio cameras and high speed internet we need to be careful of what we say and do. I always try to remember that anything and everything can be considered offensive to anybody, so I try to filter, but man sometimes it is hard and things slip by.

We are all human, everybody makes mistakes, no one is perfect. But we have to try to avoid offending other people. We all have our own unique personalities and talents which can work so well together and bring us closer together but at other times the same things that bring us together can tear us apart. We are like a big family in that sometime the ones we love the most are the ones who drive us crazy and we can't get along with them all the time, but deep down their is still that connection that cause us to love each other.

I hope I have driven anybody crazy with my rambling and I hope it makes sense. If I have offended anybody at any time I am sorry I do not mean to offend.

I hope everyone has a Happy and Healthy New Year. I resolve to pay more attention to my posts so as to not offend anyone.

Sending :grouphug: and :wizard: to all the DDAers and their families for a Healthy and Happy New Year.

Becky

KMH1
12-31-2005, 12:47 PM
Here's a link to Kim's (ksoehrlein) birthday thread!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=11003092#post11003092

Amy :)

marcij
12-31-2005, 01:05 PM
Denise -- I've been thinking about you, not only because you are sick and want to send well wishes, but also, because our city is inundated with Alabama fans! They are everywhere -- malls, grocery stores, and with cars/trucks/campers decorated.

One bit of irony -- we have a subscription for Cotton Bowl tickets in case Texas plays in it. If they don't, we sell them or give them away. Well, this year we gave them to someone at Randy's work -- and a week later Randy and my youngest son Jake were invited to go to the game with Jake's best friend from last school year. They are going to try to scalp tickets..... Now Randy is really sad that he gave those tickets away....

Happy New Year Everyone!

itslisa
12-31-2005, 01:06 PM

Congratulations!

itslisa
12-31-2005, 01:07 PM
At some point, I'm going to take her aside and explain how the magic of the holidays works and invite her to be part of the magic making for her little brother and sisters.

What a great idea to make the loss a bit easier!!!

itslisa
12-31-2005, 01:09 PM
Good day in the Brooks household. I now have installed a wireless router on my brother's computer (next door) so I have dsl. No more dialup for me!! :cheer2: :cheer2: I've had the hardware since black friday, but finally decided to just install it myself. It really wasn't too hard.

Good for you! Did you secure it?????

ReAnSt
12-31-2005, 01:10 PM
It's snowing here and thundering, what an interesting combination. Within the past half hour it has gone from being green to being white. This shall make New Year's Eve interesting for people.

Becky

triplefigs
12-31-2005, 01:11 PM
Ok, does everyone have their black eyed peas, collard greens, cornbread, and ham ready for tomorrow? Can't have New Years in the South without those foods. I've got mine simmering on the stove.

Here's an article on why we do this in the Deep South for anyone interested.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/edmonds/edmonds239.html

New Year’s Food

A few times each year, your home-cooked menu is selected for you by family, local, regional, or national traditions. The most obvious ones we Americans enjoy ("enjoy" is a strong word; some of us aren’t obsessively beholden to traditions) are Thanksgiving with turkey, stuffing, and green bean casserole; Independence Day, Memorial Day, and Labor Day with hot dogs, hamburgers, beans, coleslaw, apple pie, and sometimes steaks; Christmas with ham and oceans of white-flour- and white-sugar-based pastries and confections; and Valentine’s Day with dinner out and chocolates.

New Year’s Day is unique in its culinary norms. Black-eyed peas are the main requisite, long associated with good luck for the new year. How that association came about is lost to the ravages of time, just as are the origins of many particularly beautiful and centuries-old folk songs, such as those J. S. Bach used for his 300-odd chorales. All we know for sure is that the black-eyed pea tradition, as is the case for so many other wonderful food traditions, came from the South.

Among the black-eyed pea hypotheses are that on Sherman’s crop-burning march through Georgia, black-eyed pea crops were left alone since Yankees thought they were weeds. Black-eyed peas and salt pork were all some Southerners had to keep themselves alive, so the tradition of associating these beans with good luck started there.

Another hypothesis is that in the 19th century, farmers didn’t necessarily know about soil chemistry, but they did generally understand that black-eyed peas don’t deplete soil of certain nutrients; they’re a good crop for rotation. If you had enough black-eyed peas from last summer to cook some on New Year’s Day, that meant you planted a bunch last summer, so the soil would be good in the new year. From this, the superstitious belief evolved that eating black-eyed peas on New Year’s Day brought good luck the following year.

And finally, since New Year’s Day is near the center of our perceived winter season in the South, and since dried beans store well, most farming families in the South had more legumes than anything else by the time New Year’s Day rolled around. You might as well make a good luck charm out of something you have to do anyway.

Collard greens are another Southern tradition, but don’t enjoy quite the same mandate as black-eyed peas. Some legends assert that black-eyed peas represent coins, and greens currency; hence, these legends dovetail with the Eastern European ones that hold you should leave a dollar outside your front door at night, and bring it back in on New Year’s Day, to set the pattern for bringing money into the house during the new year.

At least interesting as the superstitions, though, are the recipes!

Some traditions involve cooking the greens with the beans. No, thanks. Most involve a ham hock or a pork neck bone. That’s a good trick, but doesn’t quite hit the mark for me.

For black-eyed peas, save yourself the three days of labor, and get them from cans. Drain and rinse them. Dice one thick slice of bacon, half a Vidalia onion, and one or three jalapeńos. Sauté all in the closest thing you have to a cast-iron skillet, then add the beans. To thicken, mash some of the beans with a fork and stir. To thin, add 1/3 cup of a dry white wine. A little black pepper (you probably don’t need salt at this point), and you’re ready to serve.

For greens, how long you cook depends on what kind of greens you have – collard, turnip, or mustard. Taste along the way to test for doneness. In the closest thing you have to a cast iron Dutch oven, sauté another diced, thick slice of bacon, the other half of that onion, deglaze with 1/4 cup of white wine and 1/4 cup of white or cider vinegar, then add the greens and at least lots of any Louisiana hot sauce (make sure the only ingredients are vinegar, red peppers, and salt). Stir, cover, and check occasionally for doneness.

Cornbread is an option (use unsalted butter and a little brown sugar with whatever recipe you have), but meat is not. Most Southern New Year’s Day meals – though most Southerners nowadays don’t really sit down to a traditional New Year’s Day meal – include ham, while some include fried chicken. I nominate fried catfish. There are already thousands of recipes on the web for fried catfish; be sure to consider only those that involve cayenne pepper. It just isn’t a satisfying meal unless your mouth resounds for a while afterward with the warm pain of pepper heat, and a traditional Southern meal is not successful if it isn’t satisfying. You ought not to be hungry for many hours afterward.

Some culinary traditions are wonderful merely because they create heartwarming experiences that tie us to our ancestors and progeny. Certain annual events are emotional punctuation marks in the overarching temporal map of our lives. Additionally, they’re the only opportunities many of us take to make contact with some of our more distant relatives, reinforcing the family ties and associations that make certain observances special.

Annual culinary rites can be wonderful just for the food, though the traditions associated with New Year’s Day in the South are rooted in events that made and broke the lives of many, perhaps millions, of loving, vital people who wished only to live their lives as successfully and peacefully as possible for the benefit of their families. Knowing something about the traditions adds a little something to appreciate, a little emotional significance, a little connectedness to generations past; the psychic equivalent of a fresh dusting of Italian parsley. Add to that some bacon and hot sauce, and you know what the South and life itself are all about.

Enjoy your New Year’s Eve celebration and the bowl games on New Year’s Day. But before you jump into the task of taking care of ordinary business in the new year – our lives are busy and unexamined enough already – take just a moment to savor something delicious, nourishing, and culturally significant. Black-eyed peas and greens are the closest thing we have to Stonehenge. Enjoy them this year.

rosiejo
12-31-2005, 01:19 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Oh come on tag fairy - it's not like I'm ever gonna be allowed to forget that one anyway so you might as well just tag me :rotfl2:

ReAnSt
12-31-2005, 01:20 PM
Ok, does everyone have their black eyed peas, collard greens, cornbread, and ham ready for tomorrow? Can't have New Years in the South without those foods. I've got mine simmering on the stove.

[/size][/font]

Nope, sorry Denise here in PA it is Pork, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, and corn. So many places have pork and sauerkraut dinners, lunches, etc. I can do without the sauerkraut and I don't really like the pork after it has been soaked in the sauerkraut juice. I'll be eating whatever I take with me to work for the day, most likely no pork, sauerkrat, mashed potatoes or corn.

New Year's food is defnitely more regional than other holidays.

Becky

tinker1bell
12-31-2005, 01:32 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Here Here --Same feelings here. I love this board, and I promise that if I think something I say would be considered sarcastic, I will try to remember to add (being sarcastic) to it.

Hey Steffy, you little chatterbox, way to go 800 :cheer2: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc

Terry

miss missy
12-31-2005, 01:48 PM
Lets all make a New Years promise for the whole DDA...

If anyone finds something wrote offensive or anything... let's promise to PM to the poster and not bring it on the board.

Who's in?

I am in!! I make my promise!

Steffy
12-31-2005, 01:52 PM

Denise, I have 3 bags of black-eyed peas soaking as I type. My DD went out to the farmers market and bought a ham hock for her two bags and a smoked turkey leg for my bag. :flower: I have my beautiful vidila onion and spices ready to go. :flower:

I was born and raised in Philly, where black-eyed peas were a New Years tradition! Then I moved to Central Pa where pork and sauerkraut are king! BUt I still eat black-eyed peas and cornbread. Some traditions..... :cloud9:

Thank you so much for the article. I had asked my Mom why we ate black-eyed peas on NY day and she only told me, because her mother did..... :rolleyes1

Nice to see the story......

May all of my DDA family have a Happy and Healthy New Year!!!

miss missy
12-31-2005, 01:53 PM
Black Eye'd Peas.... Great band :rotfl:

dumby
12-31-2005, 01:56 PM
PincessLeaghsDaddy

Here are the two designs I am using for my DS 5 and great neice 6 to wear to eat with the princesses. I think one of these was Kate's and the other one I am not sure of. I just took and added the pictures.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c125/dumbydee/princeJessie.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c125/dumbydee/shaylaprinces2.jpg

This is the one I made for my mom to wear that day.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c125/dumbydee/momcastle.jpg

And here is another one you might like to make since it is your daughter's first trip.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c125/dumbydee/jessieincredible.jpg

Hope these help. None of the above designs are mine. I just added pictures to them.

Steffy
12-31-2005, 01:57 PM
I'm in Miss Missy! :goodvibes

And one last thing before I go....... I promised to work the early shift of First Night in my City.... it's raining. Cold, freezing type rain. So I'm going to wear my Disney poncho!!!!!! and bring the New Year in in style!!!! :umbrella: :umbrella: :umbrella: :love: :cold: :wizard:

tink2020
12-31-2005, 01:59 PM
Here's a link to Kim's (ksoehrlein) birthday thread!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=11003092#post11003092

Yaay! Thanks Amy (as usual) :goodvibes

tink2020
12-31-2005, 02:01 PM
Nope, sorry Denise here in PA it is Pork, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, and corn. So many places have pork and sauerkraut dinners, lunches, etc. I can do without the sauerkraut and I don't really like the pork after it has been soaked in the sauerkraut juice. I'll be eating whatever I take with me to work for the day, most likely no pork, sauerkrat, mashed potatoes or corn.

Becky

Hmmm... I dont know of any New Years Day traditional foods around here. Amy? Kate? :confused3

tink2020
12-31-2005, 02:01 PM

If anyone finds something wrote offensive or anything... let's promise to PM to the poster and not bring it on the board.

Who's in?

My feelings exactly.... I'm IN! :goodvibes

disneyeveryyear
12-31-2005, 02:02 PM
I was having a "blue day" as my mother would call it and decided to come here looking for a little cheer.

I can honestly say this is the first time an internet thread has made me cry. I am so upset to see the way this has deteriorated. I have had to take the computer to my BR so the kids wouldn't see me and wonder what was wrong.

I am known to be quite sarcastic IRL and I am sure that some of it has bled over onto this thread. If someone has ever been offended, I apologise. If I have ever seemed too wrapped up in my own little world, I apologise.

I too will make an effort to review what I say (on every thread).

For those that are interested, I did set up a private chat room on the DIS titled DDA for those times when we were being extremely chatty. I thought it might help prevent those 400+ posting nights..

I am off here for a while. I need to regroup.

tinker1bell
12-31-2005, 02:04 PM
triplefigs does everyone have their black eyed peas, collard greens, cornbread, and ham ready for tomorrow? Can't have New Years in the South without those foods. I've got mine simmering on the stove.

Denise,
I was born in Fla and was too young to realize the celebrations. But I just love black eyed peas and cornbread and of course ham. Just don't ask me to eat another hush puppy. :rotfl:
Now being in Pa, I really love the pork and sauerkraut but can only have a little of the sauerkraut (great system flusher) :rotfl2:
One year because it seemed that the pork and kraut was just not working DH said he would make something different. So he made Peking Duck. :teeth: It was delicious but didn't work either so back to the pork and kraut :rotfl2:

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 02:07 PM

Who's in?

IM IN TOO!

Brendita
12-31-2005, 02:12 PM
Good Afternoon all.
How is everyone this beautiful New Years Eve Day?
Everybody that is sick :wizard: :grouphug: .
I feel great day. :sunny:
I wish you all were here.

tinker1bell
12-31-2005, 02:16 PM

Who's in?

Count me in as well

Brendita
12-31-2005, 02:51 PM
This will be my 1st time resort hopping. I was wondering about the packing, thanks for the tip. I like to unpack as soon as I get to the room, I hate living out of a suitcase. Maybe I could do the ziplock thingie again & just take the bags out that I need :confused3
Not to worry Resort hopping is easy.
Just let the Bell caption know where to send your luggage.
It will be at the next resort waiting for you.
Go to the Parks & have fun.

Glynis
12-31-2005, 02:55 PM
Denise -- I've been thinking about you, not only because you are sick and want to send well wishes, but also, because our city is inundated with Alabama fans! They are everywhere -- malls, grocery stores, and with cars/trucks/campers decorated.

One bit of irony -- we have a subscription for Cotton Bowl tickets in case Texas plays in it. If they don't, we sell them or give them away. Well, this year we gave them to someone at Randy's work -- and a week later Randy and my youngest son Jake were invited to go to the game with Jake's best friend from last school year. They are going to try to scalp tickets..... Now Randy is really sad that he gave those tickets away....

Happy New Year Everyone!

Marci,

I've been wondering whatever happened with your husband and his job. Do you guys need more pixie dust sent your way?

Glynis
12-31-2005, 02:56 PM
What a great idea to make the loss a bit easier!!!

My SIL has done that with all her kids. By the time child number 10 didn't believe anymore, she had quite a few "Santa's helpers" making the magic for her.

Glynis
12-31-2005, 02:59 PM
[QUOTE=triplefigs]Ok, does everyone have their black eyed peas, collard greens, cornbread, and ham ready for tomorrow? Can't have New Years in the South without those foods. I've got mine simmering on the stove.

Great article, Denise! I've always wondered about the black eyed peas and collard greens. Unfortunately, at our house we won't be having any of those. We're having bbq pork ribs, yams and green salad. Then we'll spend the afternoon snacking on whatever is left over from tonight. Since DH has to work tonight, there should be tons left over.

Brendita
12-31-2005, 02:59 PM
Ok I'm catching up back on page 1413.
I have been reading a few posts.
I'm very well known to be sarcastic.
I'm called a Smart A** all the time.
So if I have or do say something to affend.
Don't think twice to let me know.
I use the line Stuip Question, Stuip Answer. :rotfl2:
Not meant to affend.
Just my humor. :rotfl:

marcij
12-31-2005, 03:10 PM
Glynis -- Thanks for asking. He did not get the first job he interviewed, but is supposed to go through the second round of interviews for the other job he interviewed for. It would be just as great as the first one, so we are trying to be optimistic. Any PD sent his way would be wonderful!

Happy New Year to all!

Brendita
12-31-2005, 03:17 PM
Have any of my DDA family ever been to Disneyland Paris? We have begun to talk about next year's Holiday Trip and thought maybe, after 10 years, a change might be in order.

Younger DD does not like the beach, she prefers the city. :confused3
Neither DDs liked California the few times we have been there so Disneyland USA is not a choice. :earseek:
DH and I do NOT want to go anywhere cold and snowy! :cold:

None of us is thoroughly enthralled with the idea of a cruise. :boat:

Now, I am well aware that Paris could be cold and snowy, but it would not be like Vancouver or Vail or Vermont (sorry Deb ;) ).

So....... any thoughts or experiences on Disneyland Paris? :listen:
We went to DLP 2002.
Paris is beautiful.
Do remember the France aren't to friendly to Americans.
If you stay on site.
Stay at the best Resort in your budget.
Value is very low class.
Yes it gets :cold: very cold.
Try to go in the Spring or Summer.
You don't need along stay @ DLP.
It's not very big, even with the 2 parks.
Do the site seeing tours.
We did the day & night tours.
A bit rushed but nice.
Try taking the Metro & do some sites.
There is a station right outside DLP.
Hope this helps you out.

itslisa
12-31-2005, 03:20 PM
Any PD sent his way would be wonderful!

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

I understand being out of work and looking!
Lots of luck and pixie dust to your family!

miss missy
12-31-2005, 03:22 PM
I was having a "blue day" as my mother would call it and decided to come here looking for a little cheer.

I can honestly say this is the first time an internet thread has made me cry. I am so upset to see the way this has deteriorated. I have had to take the computer to my BR so the kids wouldn't see me and wonder what was wrong.

I am known to be quite sarcastic IRL and I am sure that some of it has bled over onto this thread. If someone has ever been offended, I apologise. If I have ever seemed too wrapped up in my own little world, I apologise.

I too will make an effort to review what I say (on every thread).

For those that are interested, I did set up a private chat room on the DIS titled DDA for those times when we were being extremely chatty. I thought it might help prevent those 400+ posting nights..

I am off here for a while. I need to regroup.

:grouphug: to you! I hate the blues too! It'll be ok. We are a family bunch here! Smile now or else......... :goodvibes !!!!!!!!!

triplefigs
12-31-2005, 03:27 PM

Happy New Year Everyone!

well, I hope he gets tickets. Tell him to yell Roll Tide for me!!!!!!!!!!! Go Bama~!

tink2020
12-31-2005, 03:33 PM
Hey all. I hope your New Years celebrations are starting off better than mine... :sad2:

At about 2:30 I figured out that apparantly I was going to be making all the food, rearranging the house, figuring out games, etc because my mom wasn't going to make it back from shopping in time. :confused3 I tried to do so without complaining....

And now everyone is yelling at me. Kyle, my mom.... even my grandmother! I have been doing this stuff all day, I haven't even had a chance to get a shower or change out of sweatpants! :mad:

I had my portion of the evening finished by about noon, and then I get all this dumped on me ....

I was really doing fine, until I'm apparantly ticking everyone off by being here. :confused3

Happy New Year to you too, dear family :guilty:

Sorry.... had to vent. I really do hope you all are having a good afternoon! I may be on here more than I thought..... :sad1:

tink2020
12-31-2005, 03:34 PM
Marci -- I did mean to ask about your DH too... we'll continue to keep you all in our prayers. :wizard:

Glynis
12-31-2005, 03:36 PM
Glynis -- Thanks for asking. He did not get the first job he interviewed, but is supposed to go through the second round of interviews for the other job he interviewed for. It would be just as great as the first one, so we are trying to be optimistic. Any PD sent his way would be wonderful!

Happy New Year to all!

I will definitely keep him and you in my thoughts. Pixie dust will continue to be sent. Happy New Year to you and yours!

itslisa
12-31-2005, 03:49 PM
Hey all. I hope your New Years celebrations are starting off better than mine... :sad2:

At about 2:30 I figured out that apparantly I was going to be making all the food, rearranging the house, figuring out games, etc because my mom wasn't going to make it back from shopping in time. :confused3 I tried to do so without complaining....

And now everyone is yelling at me. Kyle, my mom.... even my grandmother! I have been doing this stuff all day, I haven't even had a chance to get a shower or change out of sweatpants! :mad:

I had my portion of the evening finished by about noon, and then I get all this dumped on me ....

I was really doing fine, until I'm apparantly ticking everyone off by being here. :confused3

Sorry.... had to vent. I really do hope you all are having a good afternoon! I may be on here more than I thought..... :sad1:

That's a bummer. :( It sucks to share the work load and then have someone back out on you. :(

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

for things to get better!

tink2020
12-31-2005, 03:52 PM
That's a bummer. :( It sucks to share the work load and then have someone back out on you. :(

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

for things to get better!

Thanks .... it wasn't even all that bad until EVERY single person here (except for my dad) is being unnaturally mean! :confused3 I LOVE being with my family too... and they usually aren't like this. Who knows.....

I appreciate the PD though :goodvibes I've pretty much left the kitchen for now. We have enough food as far as I'm concerned, and the rest of it can be eaten out of bags, etc. :rolleyes: So much for presentation.... this isn't my party anyway, and I needed to at least get dressed. :rotfl: I did the best I could. It seems like one of those days when the best isn't good enough anyway, so I'm at least trying to stay sane!

kritter
12-31-2005, 04:12 PM
it is snowing soo bad here right now anyone else getting it>>>????

PrincessLeighsDaddy
12-31-2005, 04:20 PM
PincessLeaghsDaddy

Here are the two designs I am using for my DS 5 and great neice 6 to wear to eat with the princesses. I think one of these was Kate's and the other one I am not sure of. I just took and added the pictures.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c125/dumbydee/princeJessie.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c125/dumbydee/shaylaprinces2.jpg

This is the one I made for my mom to wear that day.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c125/dumbydee/momcastle.jpg

And here is another one you might like to make since it is your daughter's first trip.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c125/dumbydee/jessieincredible.jpg

Hope these help. None of the above designs are mine. I just added pictures to them.
Thanks, I now have some ideas. I just wish I had the know-how to do it all!
I guess I better start taking pics of Leighanna and learn how to crop. :teacher:

miss missy
12-31-2005, 04:20 PM
Thanks .... it wasn't even all that bad until EVERY single person here (except for my dad) is being unnaturally mean! :confused3 I LOVE being with my family too... and they usually aren't like this. Who knows.....

I appreciate the PD though :goodvibes I've pretty much left the kitchen for now. We have enough food as far as I'm concerned, and the rest of it can be eaten out of bags, etc. :rolleyes: So much for presentation.... this isn't my party anyway, and I needed to at least get dressed. :rotfl: I did the best I could. It seems like one of those days when the best isn't good enough anyway, so I'm at least trying to stay sane!

Sorry Jennifer! That stinks! Just do the best you can and it'll work out!

hey maybe try some eggnog spiked!! :rotfl: Then you wont care who says what! :rotfl:
Hang in there kid!

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 04:34 PM

sorry your afternoon started off bad! vent away--hopefully it gets better for you!

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 04:35 PM

no snow here--u can keep alll the snow with you :)

KMH1
12-31-2005, 04:38 PM
:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes
Happy Anniversary
Kate & Steve

itslisa
12-31-2005, 04:39 PM

Not here. It's been a very grey day ......

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 04:43 PM
Happy Anniversary
Kate & Steve

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!

julia & nicks mom
12-31-2005, 04:50 PM
Happy Anniversary
Kate & Steve

Thank you!!!

I took pictures of what we did to celebrate :earseek: i will post them later!!

triplefigs
12-31-2005, 05:00 PM
Thank you!!!

I hope you had a BALL! ;) If it's not too much TROUBLE we'd love to see the pictures.

rosiejo
12-31-2005, 05:03 PM

:wizard: Jennifer - I hope things are getting better for you - I hate it when you work really hard to please people and they don't appreciate it - but sometimes it helps to tell them - have a quiet word to Kyle - it's your New Year too after all.

BTW it's 11.05pm here - not long until 2006 - the fireworks are going off in the neighbourhood already!

rosiejo
12-31-2005, 05:05 PM
Thank you!!!

Not sure I want to see - it being your anniversary and all :rotfl2:

Hope you had a fun day :goodvibes

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 05:10 PM
BTW it's 11.05pm here - not long until 2006 - the fireworks are going off in the neighbourhood already!

are ya gonna stay up till 12? haha
have a great night if you wont be on!

triplefigs
12-31-2005, 05:20 PM
Happy New Year, Clare!

ReAnSt
12-31-2005, 05:22 PM

Jennifer,

I'm sorry that your family hasn't been making your new Years eve very happy. I hope that they decide to be more peaceful and get along so perhaps you can ring in a Happy New Year. Instead of an unpleasant one.

Becky

ReAnSt
12-31-2005, 05:23 PM

It was snowing here earlier but it has completly stopped.

Becky

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 05:23 PM
Becky-
Arent families fun? Hope it gets better for you tonight!
Luckily, mom and dad just went out to get dinner and my brother is out for the night...ive got the house to myself!

Princess Nancy
12-31-2005, 05:24 PM
This is our 2nd New Years in the South. We gotta say we love it. We actually turned the AC on in the car. It hit 75 here today. Y'all come down!

Princess Nancy
12-31-2005, 05:26 PM
I know I know what Kate and Steve did on their anniversary. My Happy Anniversary Phone call interrupted!! :rotfl2: :earseek: :earseek: :rotfl2:

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 05:27 PM
This is our 2nd New Years in the South. We gotta say we love it. We actually turned the AC on in the car. It hit 75 here today. Y'all come down!

If you keep talking about the weather, i may be visiting!!

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 05:28 PM
I know I know what Kate and Steve did on their anniversary. My Happy Anniversary Phone call interrupted!! :rotfl2: :earseek: :earseek: :rotfl2:

o no...do we want to know?! haha :rotfl:

cocowum
12-31-2005, 05:35 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:goodvibes Happy Anniversary Kate. :goodvibes

julia & nicks mom
12-31-2005, 05:35 PM
o no...do we want to know?! haha :rotfl:

jen - did you see post 8000!!!!!!!

I am going out to dinner and will post the pictures when I get home!!

tinknme
12-31-2005, 05:45 PM
Oh it's going to be great! :Pinkbounc

Not to worry Resort hopping is easy.
Just let the Bell caption know where to send your luggage.
It will be at the next resort waiting for you.
Go to the Parks & have fun.

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 05:51 PM
jen - did you see post 8000!!!!!!!

I am going out to dinner and will post the pictures when I get home!!

i didnt even notice!!

WOOHOOO 8,000 posts!! im here WAY to much!!

cant wait til you get home from dinner kate!!

tinknme
12-31-2005, 05:52 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

PNO4TE
12-31-2005, 05:54 PM

Disneyland Paris: we went there in 2003 for the Whitsun holiday. We stayed at the Hotel New York for 4 nights, arriving from London by Eurostar. At the time our DS were 9 and 3, and it was a first experience of character for DS3. One day less would not have been a problem.

The hotel was lovely, very comfortable and a short walk through the Disney village (shops and restaurants to you and me :rolleyes1 ) to the park. Some of the rides are the same, some are better, (no Splash Mountain :sad: ) but as its VERY small compared with WDW (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Disneyland Park and MGM would fit into MK - you might need a bit of the car park to fit it all in). The shows and parades are excellent as you'd expect.

The weather was very hot when we were there -hot for Paris, 28-30 degrees C - and you did need to go into certain rides/shops/shows to cool down. The stunt show and the area outside the castle (where the Winnie the Pooh show was held) became VERY hot. The characters were generally not so well handled as in the US - think more Universal, few proper lines and often not even a handler. Its also a no picnic zone - you have to eat your own food outside the gates. And being France don't go looking for free iced water, or a reduction if you don't want a vegetable with your meal. And don't even THINK about asking to split a dish, or get an extra bun for your burger :rotfl:

If you are eating breakfast at your hotel, you will notice loads of people making up cheese and ham rolls and fruit to take to the park. We also took small bottles of water and refilled them from the fountains. These all got through with no problem but you couldn't take the size of coolers you see in the US. You could probably manage without a stroller for any child over 5.

You'll find more recent trip reports on the UK board or the DLP thread, these are my impressions based on nearly 3 years ago! However, if you want a Disney fix as part of another holiday you will probably find it will do you fine.

I'm doing Jury Service for the next 2 weeks so may not get to post very much (and probably won't keep up!)

MazdaUK -- Thanks for your quick analysis of DLP, it really helps a lot. I have looked on both the DLP forum and the Trip Report forum buthave only found one or two threads that were as helpful as your post. Thanks a bunch!

tinknme
12-31-2005, 05:57 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR CLARE!!!!!!!! :goodvibes

disneyeveryyear
12-31-2005, 06:00 PM
OK Clare -

Is this right?

The clock struck midnight and Bob's your uncle, it's a new year!

Happy New Year!

PNO4TE
12-31-2005, 06:01 PM
As far as Disneyland Paris, I have no ideas for you Elin. But if you go, you're doing a COMPLETE report and taking tons of pictures, right? :goodvibes

ABSOfreakingLUTELY, Jennifer! :goodvibes

disneyeveryyear
12-31-2005, 06:01 PM
Happy Anniversary Kate and Steve!!!!!

How many blissfully happy years (and how many years total)? :rotfl2:

Princess Nancy
12-31-2005, 06:04 PM
Come on Down! Florence is rather boring in the winter, not a real hoppin town, but it is warm. Come in the summer and the pool and beach are perfect!!!!!!!

Princess Nancy
12-31-2005, 06:05 PM
Happy Anniversary Kate and Steve!!!!!

How many blissfully happy years (and how many years total)? :rotfl2:

She'll answer 8 to both! I am sure. :goodvibes

PNO4TE
12-31-2005, 06:06 PM

Becky

Same menu here in Virginia at our house. Of course, I grew up in a house in PA with ancestors from Germany, so what would you expect?!? There are black-eyed peas available for anyone who wants them too.

Princess Nancy
12-31-2005, 06:06 PM
Where oh where is Clare?? I want to hear from next year....is it a good one???? :rotfl:

MinnieMouseMom
12-31-2005, 06:09 PM
Happy Anniversary, Kate & :love2: Mr. Kate!!

tink2020
12-31-2005, 06:13 PM
Happy Anniversary
Kate & Steve

::yes::

PNO4TE
12-31-2005, 06:14 PM
We went to DLP 2002.
Hope this helps you out.

Thanks, Brendita!

tink2020
12-31-2005, 06:16 PM

HAPPY 2006, Clare!

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 06:18 PM
happy new year clare!!

tink2020
12-31-2005, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the well-wishes. Things are a little better here. I just got ready, and when mom got home she finished whatever she wanted in the kitchen. I told her that I couldn't do it all so I did what I could and was done. Kyle's still grumpy, but I'm not letting it bother me.

Hope you all are having fun, and Kate -- can't wait to hear about your anniversary... I think :goodvibes

tinknme
12-31-2005, 06:26 PM
Ds 9 likes to help around the house. He decided to sweep & mop the kitchen floor for me :goodvibes Only problem is he used cooking oil instead of the pine-sol :earseek: So I had a clean slick kitchen floor :rotfl: I about feel on my rear the 1st time I walked in the kitchen :rotfl2: Oh well I did not say anything to him, it's the thought that counts, right :teeth: I have remopped(is that a word)the floor & I think all is well now :goodvibes

MinnieMouseMom
12-31-2005, 06:28 PM
Ds 9 likes to help around the house. He decided to sweep & mop the kitchen floor for me :goodvibes Only problem is he used cooking oil instead of the pine-sol :earseek: So I had a clean slick kitchen floor :rotfl: I about feel on my rear the 1st time I walked in the kitchen :rotfl2: Oh well I did not say anything to him, it's the thought that counts, right :teeth: I have remopped(is that a word)the floor & I think all is well now :goodvibes

Oh no!!! :earseek: Glad he was trying to help though!! :rotfl2:

PNO4TE
12-31-2005, 06:29 PM
Thank you!!!

Can't wait to see! And...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

:love: :lovestruc :love:

tinker1bell
12-31-2005, 06:29 PM
Thank you!!!

Happy Anniversary Kate :cloud9: :cheer2:

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 06:31 PM

At least he was trying to help...but im laughing over here!

itslisa
12-31-2005, 06:32 PM
Ds 9 likes to help around the house. He decided to sweep & mop the kitchen floor for me :goodvibes Only problem is he used cooking oil instead of the pine-sol :earseek:

Oh no! So nice of him to try to help ... but Oh no!!! Was it terrible to clean up??? I can only imagine!

triplefigs
12-31-2005, 06:37 PM
http://spazioweb.inwind.it/brazil63disneypages/disney/d2575.gif

Happy Birthday, ksoehrlein (Kim)!!!!! Hope you had a great day!

tinknme
12-31-2005, 06:44 PM
Lots of hot water :rotfl:

Oh no! So nice of him to try to help ... but Oh no!!! Was it terrible to clean up??? I can only imagine!

Brendita
12-31-2005, 06:46 PM
When my oldest DS was 9 he wanted to wash my car.
OK no problem, right?
He used a whole bottle of dish soap & didn't rinse the car.
Well it was about 90 outside that day.
Used an ice scraper to get the soap off the windows.
Went through the car wash 3x's to get the soap off the rest of the car.
OMG what a mess.

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 06:46 PM
OK no problem, right?
OMG what a mess.

o wow! :rotfl:

itslisa
12-31-2005, 06:53 PM
Kids! Gotta love 'em!!! :)

tinknme
12-31-2005, 06:57 PM
:rotfl2:

OK no problem, right?
OMG what a mess.

cocowum
12-31-2005, 06:57 PM
:cheer2: :cheer2:HAPPY NEW YEAR :cheer2: :cheer2:

http://www.ezthemes.com/previews/H/Happy_New_Year.jpg

kritter
12-31-2005, 07:06 PM
happy anniversary did you do anything special??

tinker1bell
12-31-2005, 07:09 PM
OK no problem, right?
OMG what a mess.

OMG Brenda, I cannot even imagine

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 07:23 PM
Anyone around here tonight??
im getting quite bored over here in jersey lol

tinker1bell
12-31-2005, 07:25 PM

I am here Jen but only for another hour.

Princess Nancy
12-31-2005, 07:26 PM
I am here, just bored, the kids and DH are watching the Disney Marathon!! WHoo Hoo

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 07:27 PM
I am here Jen but only for another hour.

Do you have any big plans tonight?

tinker1bell
12-31-2005, 07:27 PM
Happy New Year

:cheer2: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 07:30 PM
Happy new year..

830 here--3.5 hours till hopefully a better year!

itslisa

Yup ... boring here too ....

tinker1bell
Do you have any big plans tonight?

Not really, DH plays in a community marching band and they have a concert tonight. I am still holding out that it will be dry at 11 pm so I can be Tony the Tiger again. Otherwise I will be back on the DIS board and probably playing games on the puter with a glass of wine in hand.

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 07:32 PM
Not really, DH plays in a community marching band and they have a concert tonight. I am still holding out that it will be dry at 11 pm so I can be Tony the Tiger again. Otherwise I will be back on the DIS board and probably playing games on the puter with a glass of wine in hand.

is it raining or snowing?!?!

Lisa-glad its not just me thats bored!

triplefigs
12-31-2005, 07:35 PM
Just got the kids to bed. DH and I are now going to watch a movie and eat dinner. He grilled steaks! YUMMY!

Happy New Year!

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 07:35 PM
Happy new year denise!

itslisa
12-31-2005, 07:39 PM

It's snowing very lightly.

DS is watching intently! He wants LOTS of snow! He just got snowshoes the other night and can't really use them unless there is 3 inches or so of snow. (it might ruin the ice spikes on the bottom)

He has NEVER had them before and asked for them last year --- but I thought he was kidding! He desperately wants to keep up with our neighbor's son who is 6 months younger than he is. I had *hoped* to get him something different so he had something of his own -- that he didn't have to compete. Guess who else got snowshoes. :( Oh well.

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 07:39 PM
Had to share this because no one is home!
I just got 3 of my 6 grades for this semester of college--
i got a B+ in Structures of math
A- in Social Statistics
and a B+ in Language Development..

still waiting on 3 more!

Brendita
12-31-2005, 07:40 PM
Night all.
I just got a house full of his family.
Oh H***.
Just hope they don't think I'm staying up till MN.
:wave:

tinker1bell
12-31-2005, 07:40 PM

It at one point was sleeting for about half an hour this afternoon. Then just rain. Since it is wet outside cannot tell if it is still raining and 15 miles away downtown could be different from here.

itslisa
12-31-2005, 07:41 PM
A- in Social Statistics

still waiting on 3 more!

I hope your post means you're excited about the grades?! :)
Looks good to me -- great job!

Blueeyes101817
It at one point was sleeting for about half an hour this afternoon. Then just rain. Since it is wet outside cannot tell if it is still raining and 15 miles away downtown could be different from here.

ehh i hate this weather! haha..
where are you?

tinker1bell
A- in Social Statistics

still waiting on 3 more!

Way to Go :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :banana:

Congrats

itslisa
12-31-2005, 07:42 PM
Night all.
Oh H***.

Night! Good luck with the family.
Try to have a good night anyway!

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 07:42 PM
I hope your post means you're excited about the grades?! :)
Looks good to me -- great job!

Im happy about them so far...I would much rather have all As..but this semester, i had 19 credits and was working part time, so i figured i would have to deal with lower grades!
Im still waiting on Sociology of Education, Growth and Learning, and Classical Sociological Theory

tinker1bell
12-31-2005, 07:43 PM
Columbia, Pa close to Lancaster

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 07:44 PM
Columbia, Pa close to Lancaster

o okay..ive been to lancaster before--i think haha..

kritter
12-31-2005, 07:48 PM
o okay..ive been to lancaster before--i think haha..

It si snowing so hard here and the kids are sleeping and Dh is watching the snow...we were invited out to friends houses and the snow so stopped that...they are saying 4-8 inches uGH!! i hate this stuff...

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 07:49 PM
4-8 inches of snow?!?! ehhhh...id be holed up in my house till it melted! i am sooonot a snow person!!!!

itslisa
12-31-2005, 07:50 PM
Im happy about them so far...I would much rather have all As..but this semester, i had 19 credits and was working part time, so i figured i would have to deal with lower grades!

WOW! Then I'd say they were GREAT grades!!!!!

kritter
12-31-2005, 07:51 PM
4-8 inches of snow?!?! ehhhh...id be holed up in my house till it melted! i am sooonot a snow person!!!!

I am soo not either wihs I could get Dh to move south but he will nto due to his job...I can not stand the snow...Had a collapased lung last year and the cold is killing me......

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 07:51 PM
WOW! Then I'd say they were GREAT grades!!!!!

Thanks!!

i know that was random--but im so bored home alone tonight haha

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 07:52 PM
I am soo not either wihs I could get Dh to move south but he will nto due to his job...I can not stand the snow...Had a collapased lung last year and the cold is killing me......

o geez..sorry to hear that!!

kritter
12-31-2005, 07:56 PM
o geez..sorry to hear that!!

I know the cold is soo bad I told Dh we try it for one more winter and if I feel this bad next year at this time we are so out of here.,,

I had three collapased lungs and part of it removed..UGH!!

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 07:57 PM
Wow, i dont blame ya for wanting to move..
i dont have those problems but i still want to get out of new jersey--and its not as cold as where you are!!!!

tinknme
12-31-2005, 08:01 PM
Way to go Jen :cheer2:

A- in Social Statistics

still waiting on 3 more!

MinnieMouseMom
12-31-2005, 08:02 PM
A- in Social Statistics

still waiting on 3 more!

:cheer2: WTG Jen!! :cheer2:

tinknme
12-31-2005, 08:03 PM
Hope all goes well :goodvibes

Night all.
Oh H***.

kritter
12-31-2005, 08:03 PM
way to go jen congrats...

I know it is cold and yucky in ct....

kritter
12-31-2005, 08:04 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.off to make up some appletini's

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 08:04 PM
i cant believe its only 9pm..i am so tired ...so not a typical 21 year old! haha

tinknme
12-31-2005, 08:10 PM
I'ts been a long day, I could fall asleep now :rolleyes: Not very exciting here either.

i cant believe its only 9pm..i am so tired ...so not a typical 21 year old! haha

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 08:15 PM
Thats how i feel --ive been sick for a couple of days, so im kinda just taking it easy becaue i dont want to be sick on vacation!!
but i did pack tonight, even though we dont leave till saturday--but i was bored and tired of just sitting around and its not like i need my shorts and tank tops here!

tink2020
12-31-2005, 08:16 PM
:cheer2: :cheer2:HAPPY NEW YEAR :cheer2: :cheer2:

http://www.ezthemes.com/previews/H/Happy_New_Year.jpg

HOW CUTE! Did you design that?!

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 08:16 PM
I'ts been a long day, I could fall asleep now :rolleyes: Not very exciting here either.

all i can say is, at least we have the DIS...keeps it a little less boring
!!

tinker1bell
12-31-2005, 08:26 PM
Well, just got a call and it was decided that since it is still drizziling and there are lots of puddles, Tony has to stay in tonight :sad:

Also I will just stay home because I am also recovering from a cold and do not want to chance it becoming worse again. In fact, I have taken Zicam for the last three days and I went from sounding really terrible the last two days to today feeling really great and sounding much better. So here I am with a drink getting to ring in the new year :drinking1

julia & nicks mom
12-31-2005, 08:28 PM
so my parents agreed to take the kids for the day and Steve and I decided to spend our anniversary in the most logical place in the world - our bedroom!! :love2:

you might remember our before pictures of our bedroom:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/kfeldmann/housess1.jpg

and here is the artwork Amy tipped you off about
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/wdwoct2005/2005xmas001.jpg

and this is what we spent our day doing: we had intended to paint the wall a green but I thought the mocha color seemed much richer and I am so happy with that decision!!!
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/wdwoct2005/2005xmas003.jpg
we still have to hang the second curtain (need to put the rods back up) and I need to buy sheers to put behind them
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/wdwoct2005/2005xmas004.jpg
my parents bought us the comforter for Christmas
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/wdwoct2005/2005xmas005.jpg
the wall extends into our bathroom and we got a new shower curtain and towels
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/wdwoct2005/2005xmas006.jpg

poor little Julia came home and told us she thought we were going to frame her artwork and couldn't believe we painted over it :rotfl:

tinknme
12-31-2005, 08:29 PM
What cruise are you taking?

Thats how i feel --ive been sick for a couple of days, so im kinda just taking it easy becaue i dont want to be sick on vacation!!
but i did pack tonight, even though we dont leave till saturday--but i was bored and tired of just sitting around and its not like i need my shorts and tank tops here!

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 08:30 PM
Well, just got a call and it was decided that since it is still drizziling and there are lots of puddles, Tony has to stay in tonight :sad:

Also I will just stay home because I am also recovering from a cold and do not want to chance it becoming worse again. In fact, I have taken Zicam for the last three days and I went from sounding really terrible the last two days to today feeling really great and sounding much better. So here I am with a drink getting to ring in the new year :drinking1
im sorry your plans got cancelled, but i hope you keep feeling better!!
a couple more hours and on to a better year!

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 08:31 PM
What cruise are you taking?

Royal Caribbean Jewel of the seas! Were going to Key West, Cozumel, Costa Maya, and Grand Caymen..

Im really looking forward to this-there are 9 of us going! My brother, his best friend and I are all sharing a room...For awhile, we werent sure if his friend was going to be able to come with us--he was in Iraq til Nov 17..but now hes home and were going!

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 08:32 PM
Kate--
great pictures!
i really like the comforter..
and i like the mocha color t oo!

tinknme
12-31-2005, 08:33 PM
looks great!

[QUOTE=julia & nicks mom]so my parents agreed to take the kids for the day and Steve and I decided to spend our anniversary in the most logical place in the world - our bedroom!! :love2:

tinker1bell
12-31-2005, 08:34 PM
Kate,
Love the color of the walls. Perfect choice. Also love the high ceilings.

Terry

julia & nicks mom
12-31-2005, 08:36 PM
Kate,
Love the color of the walls. Perfect choice. Also love the high ceilings.

Terry

that was one of the things we fell in love with

tinknme
12-31-2005, 08:37 PM
Wow sounds like fun! Glad your friend is home & able to go along :goodvibes How long is your cruise?

Royal Caribbean Jewel of the seas! Were going to Key West, Cozumel, Costa Maya, and Grand Caymen..

Im really looking forward to this-there are 9 of us going! My brother, his best friend and I are all sharing a room...For awhile, we werent sure if his friend was going to be able to come with us--he was in Iraq til Nov 17..but now hes home and were going!

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 08:38 PM
Wow sounds like fun! Glad your friend is home & able to go along :goodvibes How long is your cruise?

We leave on Sunday ,the 8th..and come home on Saturday, the 14th..so 6 nights on the ship!
were going to the hotel near the philly airport on Saturday night because our flight is so early on Sunday morning--with 9 of us, chances are someone would oversleep!

tinknme
12-31-2005, 08:41 PM
Look forward to hearing about your trip!

We leave on Sunday ,the 8th..and come home on Saturday, the 14th..so 6 nights on the ship!
were going to the hotel near the philly airport on Saturday night because our flight is so early on Sunday morning--with 9 of us, chances are someone would oversleep!

Princess Nancy
12-31-2005, 08:42 PM
Kate, Your room looks great. THe comforter and accessories look soooooooo much better than in the bag. Glad you had a good day. Where did you go for dinner?

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 08:43 PM
Look forward to hearing about your trip!
Thanks..im sure i will be coming back with a ton of pictures!!!! i got a new digital camera for my bday in october, so ill have more than usual!

julia & nicks mom
12-31-2005, 08:46 PM
Kate, Your room looks great. THe comforter and accessories look soooooooo much better than in the bag. Glad you had a good day. Where did you go for dinner?

:rotfl:

the bag didn't really do them justice

we went to ruby tuesdays - I had my last BIG meal and I am stuffed

are your kids in bed

Julia wants to tell them happy new year

julia & nicks mom
12-31-2005, 08:48 PM
nancy - see the target pillow - I need to go see if I can find more

Princess Nancy
12-31-2005, 08:55 PM
LOVE the pillow! What area is it in? I will look tomorrow at my Target.

THe kids are still up and would love to talk to Julia. Call onthe house phone.

WeLoveTheMouse
12-31-2005, 08:57 PM
:rotfl:

the bag didn't really do them justice

we went to ruby tuesdays - I had my last BIG meal and I am stuffed

are your kids in bed

Julia wants to tell them happy new year

My girls are right here at the computer being wild until midnight! Emily & Ally say hello Julia! :cheer2: ::MickeyMo :love: :love2: :bride: :earsgirl: ::MinnieMo :mickeybar princess: :rose: :flower3: :flower1: :dancer: :rockband:

They just discovered smilies! Can you Tell?

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 08:58 PM
My girls are right here at the computer being wild until midnight! Emily & Ally say hello Julia! :cheer2: ::MickeyMo :love: :love2: :bride: :earsgirl: ::MinnieMo :mickeybar princess: :rose: :flower3: :flower1: :dancer: :rockband:

They just discovered smilies! Can you Tell?

i love the smiles ! good choices!

Tammi67
12-31-2005, 09:10 PM
Kate - I love your new bedroom. The comforter really ties everything together. Happy Anniversary and many more blessed years together.

Clare - Happy New Year

Kim - Happy Birthday, a little late.

We do the pork and sauerkraut here, even though we are in VA. I grew up in Pittsburgh and am of German heritage (Elin we have too much in common), so I stick to my roots.

Happy New Year to all of you.

Brendita
12-31-2005, 09:11 PM
:ssst: I'm hiding.
Everybody is in the other room playing pocker
& PS2.
I'm so bored.
Kate & Steve happy anniversary!!!!!!!!!!
Love your new comforter.
For a minute there I thought you got a new bed also.
It really dresses up your bedroom.
By the way did you get it @ Target?

julia & nicks mom
12-31-2005, 09:21 PM
My girls are right here at the computer being wild until midnight! Emily & Ally say hello Julia! They just discovered smilies! Can you Tell?

emily & ally

happy new yeary
gt
re8f
y7 e 87u ertg8ejuyuertyyrut9YU6T58YUIA5 6U65JU[

:cheer2: ::MickeyMo :Pinkbounc ::MinnieMo :sunny:
pirate: :bride: princess: :earboy2: ::MinnieMo pirate: :moped: :cloud9: :rolleyes1 :mickeybar :jumping1: :flower2: :hyper: :flower2: :cutie: :flower1: :genie: :rockband: :charac4: :genie:

PNO4TE
12-31-2005, 09:26 PM
so my parents agreed to take the kids for the day and Steve and I decided to spend our anniversary in the most logical place in the world - our bedroom!! :love2:

and this is what we spent our day doing: we had intended to paint the wall a green but I thought the mocha color seemed much richer and I am so happy with that decision!!!

Looks GREAT, Kate!

Glynis
12-31-2005, 09:28 PM
CLARE - Happy New Year! Hope 2006 is good for you!

KATE - Happy Anniversary! Your bedroom looks wonderful, and I absolutely love the comforter! I can sympathize with Julia's comments. My DS took one of my stamp pads and did a "wonderful" design on our basement carpet. He was crushed when I spent hours on my knees scrubbing it out. He really thought he had enhanced the look of the room. Ruby Tuesday's for dinner, huh? I'm jealous! I love their baked potatoes.

DENISE - Your plans for the night are sounding really good. Yummy steaks, good movie (I hope) and great company. Congrats on getting the triples to bed. I've got the twins down, but the older 2 are determined to make it to midnight. I'm giving them another half hour, then I'm turning on a Disney movie, turning out the lights, and hopefully they'll both crash.

BRENDITA - Hang in there. The in-law's can't stay forever. Too funny about your son washing the car. The image of going through the car wash 3 times about did me in. I can just imagine what everyone else was thinking. When DH and I got married, our little nieces and nephews "decorated" our car. We came out to toothpaste smeared all over the car, oreos pulled apart and stuck to the windows, and to top it all off, inside the back seat, one of them had dumped an entire garbage can full of sawdust. I guess he thought it would be like confetti. We had that car for another 3 years, and never got rid of all the sawdust. Not to mention the words that they had written with the toothpaste showed up whenever we washed the car. Too funny! I can laugh about it now, but it was not so funny that particular night. DH wouldn't check in to the hotel until he had it all cleaned off. We were married in a really small town, and half of my family were also staying at the same hotel. All we needed was a dead give away as to our whereabouts, and we'd have been harrassed all night long.

Well, looks like I'll be up for a while, so HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my wonderful DDA friends and family. One of the main things I'm grateful for in 2005 is the opportunity to get to know all of you!

dumby
12-31-2005, 09:42 PM
Kate looks like you and DH was busy on your aneversary. You bedroom makeover looks great. Hope you have many more happy years together.

julia & nicks mom
12-31-2005, 09:47 PM
Kate looks like you and DH was busy on your aneversary. You bedroom makeover looks great. Hope you have many more happy years together.

thank you and everyone else for the anniversary wishes and compliments on my bedroom

I have been married for a wonderful 8 years and look forward to many more!!!!

ReAnSt
12-31-2005, 09:49 PM
Kate, Happy Anniversary-here's to many more.

Becky

tinknme
12-31-2005, 09:59 PM
Just in case I do not make it till midnight :goodvibes

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3466/animatenewyear4iw.gif (http://imageshack.us)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/jlcorbin/happy_new_year.jpg

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 10:05 PM
Just in case I do not make it till midnight :goodvibes

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3466/animatenewyear4iw.gif (http://imageshack.us)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/jlcorbin/happy_new_year.jpg

happy new year to you too!

Steffy
12-31-2005, 10:36 PM

Thanks Jen,

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Steffy
12-31-2005, 10:37 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY KATE!!! AND STEVE!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Steffy
12-31-2005, 10:42 PM
A- in Social Statistics

still waiting on 3 more!

Good job Jen!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes

itslisa
12-31-2005, 10:46 PM
Anyone else have child that INSISTED they were staying up --- passed out on a sofa, recliner or elsewhere?????

Poor Ben ... he was SO excited to see the ball drop. Maybe next year .....

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 10:47 PM
Good job Jen!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes

Thank you!

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 10:48 PM
Anyone else have child that INSISTED they were staying up --- passed out on a sofa, recliner or elsewhere?????

i did this all of the time when i was younger..finally one year , i begged my grandma to wake up so i could see the ball drop!

julia & nicks mom
12-31-2005, 10:51 PM

Nope Lisa -unfortunately Julia and Nick are both going strong!!!!!

It is Steve who I had to wake up!!!!!!!!

Happy New year!!!!!

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 10:52 PM
Happy (almost) new year guys!

disney newbie
12-31-2005, 10:54 PM
Happy New Year to all. I am visiting DSis in North Carolina so I get to see the New Year in earlier than usual. Now I can go to bed.

tinknme
12-31-2005, 10:55 PM
I still have another hour to go :hourglass

Happy (almost) new year guys!

my3princes
12-31-2005, 10:57 PM
Happy New Year !!!

http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/63925New_Years_web.jpg

Deb

tinker1bell
12-31-2005, 10:58 PM
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: It is here :banana:

itslisa
12-31-2005, 10:59 PM
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c319/pxydust/tink-2006.jpg

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 11:00 PM
there go the fireworks!

ReAnSt
Welcome to 2006 ESTimers for everyone else, enjoy the New Year when it arrives or arrived.

Becky

tinker1bell
Hi to everyone in the new year. :bounce: sunny: :cool1: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Brendita
12-31-2005, 11:01 PM
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE ON THE EAST COAST.
HERE ON THE WEST COAST WE STILL HAVE 3 HOURS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReAnSt
12-31-2005, 11:02 PM
there go the fireworks!

I've been hearing fireworks for awhile but can't see any because it is so foggy.

Becky

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 11:02 PM
My dog is starting to freak out with all these fireworks!

Blueeyes101817
12-31-2005, 11:03 PM
I've been hearing fireworks for awhile but can't see any because it is so foggy.

Becky

i cant see any either--i just looked out the windows..

marcij
12-31-2005, 11:08 PM
Hello -- anyone there? We are in the CST, and still have 50 minutes to go and no snow -- it was almost 80 degrees today! Ugh -- wishing for cooler weather and some rain -- we are in drought here and they aren't allowing fireworks.

Happy New Year to Everyone!!!

May 2006 be the year all your Wishes come true!

dumby
12-31-2005, 11:11 PM
Well I waited until the last minute to go buy my blackeyed peas. Would you believe that Wal-Mart had no blackeyed peas. Not frozen, canned, or dried. So after spending an hour in Wal-Mart shopping I still had to go by the grocery store and get those blasted blackeyed peas. I guess you could say I am a true Southern Girl - Got to have those blackeyed peas on New Years Day come H*ll or high water. :rotfl:

HAPPY NEW YEARS TO EVERYONE ON THE DIS

Talk to you all next year.

Delinda

my3princes
12-31-2005, 11:15 PM
Happy Anniversary
Kate & Steve

We'll I'm a little late since it is now 2006, but I hope that you had a spectacular Anniversary. You are one nice lady and Steve is lucky to have you.

Deb

marcij
12-31-2005, 11:20 PM
Kate and Steve -- Happy, Happy Anniversary! (and btw, The bedroom looks fantastic!)

tink2020
12-31-2005, 11:23 PM

That was my guess! The pictures look great, good choices! :goodvibes

marcij
12-31-2005, 11:23 PM
Deb -- Thank you so much for the loan of the Bear costume. People can't believe it when I tell them where I got the costume. It's hard for them to fathom the generosity of someone that I've never actually "met." I tell them that their definition of friends and people who have "met" are really off base!

I haven't posted pictures because my husband didn't get any good ones. He's going to have to go in and edit them to make them easier to see our DS. He should have time tomorrow, then I'll post the pics.

Thank you again for being such a wonderful friend.

Marci
(and Bearsie Bear - aka Jake)

my3princes
12-31-2005, 11:27 PM

you might remember our before pictures of our bedroom:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/kfeldmann/housess1.jpg

and here is the artwork Amy tipped you off about
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/wdwoct2005/2005xmas001.jpg

we still have to hang the second curtain (need to put the rods back up) and I need to buy sheers to put behind them
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/wdwoct2005/2005xmas004.jpg
my parents bought us the comforter for Christmas
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/wdwoct2005/2005xmas005.jpg
the wall extends into our bathroom and we got a new shower curtain and towels
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/wdwoct2005/2005xmas006.jpg

poor little Julia came home and told us she thought we were going to frame her artwork and couldn't believe we painted over it :rotfl:

Very nice. I must say that wasn't what I expected when you said you spent the day in the bedroom ;) . I bet it feels good to have that much done.

Deb

tink2020
12-31-2005, 11:27 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR DDA'S!

I'm off to bed..... hope everyone's night is going (or went) well. :goodvibes

julia & nicks mom
12-31-2005, 11:28 PM
We'll I'm a little late since it is now 2006, but I hope that you had a spectacular Anniversary. You are one nice lady and Steve is lucky to have you.

Deb

Yes, I am!!!!
/s/ Mr. Kate

my3princes
12-31-2005, 11:34 PM
Deb -- Thank you so much for the loan of the Bear costume. People can't believe it when I tell them where I got the costume. It's hard for them to fathom the generosity of someone that I've never actually "met." I tell them that their definition of friends and people who have "met" are really off base!

I haven't posted pictures because my husband didn't get any good ones. He's going to have to go in and edit them to make them easier to see our DS. He should have time tomorrow, then I'll post the pics.

Thank you again for being such a wonderful friend.

Marci
(and Bearsie Bear - aka Jake)

You are most welcome. I can't wait to see the photos.

Deb

julia & nicks mom
12-31-2005, 11:37 PM
Deb - i am Dising in bed and had to share that post with DH - I was afraid when he tok the computer he was going to give some smart a** answer but he didn't - that's why I love him!!!! :love:

we went to ruby tuesdays tonight and in honor of my FINAL meal - I got all my favorites - which included a mudslide - as I ordered it - I could here you groaning!!! :rotfl: I know it must be a pain to make

But I am ready to go tomorrow - I don't really want to - but since you all are going to ask me how it is going - I better!!!

Lisa - I love that pin - were you able to get on in WDW or did you see it online?

Happy New Year everyone -

for those of you still living in 2005 =

2006 doesn't seem too bad

julia & nicks mom
12-31-2005, 11:40 PM
Did anyone else see Dick Clark tonight

the first thing I saw was him doing a voice over and I thought I was going to cry - he just sounded so OLD - he is one of those people who just isn;t supposed to get old and it was a little depressing!!!!!!

but he does still look young!!!!

KMH1
12-31-2005, 11:52 PM
Did anyone else see Dick Clark tonight

the first thing I saw was him doing a voice over and I thought I was going to cry - he just sounded so OLD - he is one of those people who just isn;t supposed to get old and it was a little depressing!!!!!!

but he does still look young!!!!

The only time I saw him was when they showed him kissing his wife. :love:

But, it was truly depressing hearing how badly his stroke has affected his speaking skills.

And, let's talk about Mariah... :rolleyes1

Happy New Year everyone!

Glynis
01-01-2006, 12:05 AM
Well, it's 11:00 p.m. here in Utah, so I still have another hour to go. All 4 kids are in bed and 3 of them are asleep. Just waiting on DD and then I can play Baby New Year and go to bed. I'm really quite excited about their gifts this year. I was really sneaky in Disneyland in September and got them all stuffed Disney characters that they wanted but didn't have enough money of their own to buy. DD #1 is getting a classic stuffed Mickey, DS is getting a Jedi Mickey, DD #2 is getting a classic Goofy, and DD #3 is getting the 50th anniversary Princess Minnie. I can't wait to see their faces in the morning. I can't believe I didn't cave in and give them to the kids right away.

I sure wish we had a digital camera so I could share some pics with you all, but it was stolen in the Chicago airport on one of DH's business trips. That's the last time I let him take the camera. Until we get some more money, a camera is low on our list of priorities. Did I mention that our large freezer just died? Well, it did. It's only 7 years old, but it died. Not only that, but it was freshly stocked with the deer DH hunted last Fall. He's pretty devastated about all the meat that spoiled. Me, not so much. I'm not that into venison. However, it was meat that we would have used. Oh well, no use crying over spoilt meat, right? Next purchase for us? A new freezer!

Happy New Year everyone! I'm glad that 2006 is treating you all well!

miss missy
01-01-2006, 12:07 AM
Happy New Year all!!!!!!!!!!!

Mom is up still LOL sleeping over.. I'll be back in a while LOL

Steffy
01-01-2006, 12:12 AM
Kate, the bedroom looks great. :goodvibes

Deb, you are so generous. I can't wait for the Bear pictures..... :goodvibes :goodvibes

I know I'm forgeting a lot of posts I wanted to reply to, but I'm really ready for bed.

I went to first night and helped. For my relief they sent a young single man.... :goodvibes :goodvibes So we talked for a while. And he hates football. But I still spoke to him for a while. And then when he said he had no interest in Disney, well, I told him Happy New Year and left.... :rotfl: :rotfl:

I have my priorities!!!

Oh yeah... remember 1000 or so pages ago when tinker1bell said I stalked this poor woman in her car like mine because she had a Santa Mickey antenna topper? Well, I ran into her again. Ran down the parking lot waving my arms like a woman possessed. :earseek: She had on a Mickey shirt, I had on a Mickey hoodie..... We talked. She loves Disney as much as me. I didn't get a chance to ask her if she was on the dis, but at least the next time I run ito her, it won't freak her out!... :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Poor Dick Clark. His voice is so altered. But I am so glad he was strong enough to do his New Years eve gig. It meant more to him than it did to us... :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

I am pooped. I have 3 cases of water and several bags of salad. Nite all!!!

Kitchensinkguy
01-01-2006, 12:12 AM
Deb finally got me my own account. Happy New Year. I'm going to bed, I'm sure Deb will be here for another hour.

Chris

Steffy
01-01-2006, 12:16 AM
Deb finally got me my own account. Happy New Year. I'm going to bed, I'm sure Deb will be here for another hour.

Chris

Welcome Chris!!!! Happy New Year!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

tinker1bell
01-01-2006, 12:19 AM
Kate, the bedroom looks great. :goodvibes

Deb, you are so generous. I can't wait for the Bear pictures..... :goodvibes :goodvibes

I know I'm forgeting a lot of posts I wanted to reply to, but I'm really ready for bed.

I went to first night and helped. For my relief they sent a young single man.... :goodvibes :goodvibes So we talked for a while. And he hates football. But I still spoke to him for a while. And then when he said he had no interest in Disney, well, I told him Happy New Year and left.... :rotfl: :rotfl:

I have my priorities!!!

Oh yeah... remember 1000 or so pages ago when tinker1bell said I stalked this poor woman in her car like mine because she had a Santa Mickey antenna topper? Well, I ran into her again. Ran down the parking lot waving my arms like a woman possessed. :earseek: She had on a Mickey shirt, I had on a Mickey hoodie..... We talked. She loves Disney as much as me. I didn't get a chance to ask her if she was on the dis, but at least the next time I run ito her, it won't freak her out!... :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Poor Dick Clark. His voice is so altered. But I am so glad he was strong enough to do his New Years eve gig. It meant more to him than it did to us... :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

I am pooped. I have 3 cases of water and several bags of salad. Nite all!!!

Well, Steffy, I have heard it all. But just imagine running into her again.
You are too much but that is why I love ya. Happy New Year friend. :hug:

julia & nicks mom
01-01-2006, 12:23 AM

Chris

Welcome chris!!

hey guys - in our weight loss thread he referred to deb as my4princes -

do you think he is referring to himself or are theymaking an announcement :rotfl:

cause if anyone else turns up pregnant - I going to have to quit hanging out with you all ;)

your computer problems are contagious

your colds are contagious

I sure don't want to catch a pregnancy!!! :rotfl2:

my3princes
01-01-2006, 12:24 AM
I have new respect for Paul and Marti. I finally got Chris his own username: kitchensinkguy of course. For him to post I have to log out, delete the cookies then have him log in. When he is finished I have him log out, delete the cookies and then I can sign in again. What a pain in the a**. I'm sure he won't post too often as he only hen pecks when he types. He will be a post and run kind of guy.

Deb - i am Dising in bed and had to share that post with DH - I was afraid when he tok the computer he was going to give some smart a** answer but he didn't - that's why I love him!!!! :love:

we went to ruby tuesdays tonight and in honor of my FINAL meal - I got all my favorites - which included a mudslide - as I ordered it - I could here you groaning!!! :rotfl: I know it must be a pain to make

But I am ready to go tomorrow - I don't really want to - but since you all are going to ask me how it is going - I better!!!

Lisa - I love that pin - were you able to get on in WDW or did you see it online?

Happy New Year everyone -

for those of you still living in 2005 =

2006 doesn't seem too bad

Hi Steve, nice to finally "talk to you".

Kate we call New Year's Eve amatuer night. So many people go out that don't usually drink so we have a ton of frozen drinks and the more fancy drinks as that is what they see on tv or can tolerate. Please don't take that the wrong way as I'm sure you might order it at any time. Frozen drinks aren't hard to make, they just take a little longer. It is also the night when those people that do not go out leave poor tips or none at all. You know it will be no tip or a bad tip when people ask how much a drink is before they order it. Please no one take offense, I'm just stating my personal observation. Overall it was a quiet night. We are having a snow storm so that probably had something to do with it.

Deb

my3princes
01-01-2006, 12:29 AM
Welcome chris!!

hey guys - in our weight loss thread he referred to deb as my4princes -

do you think he is referring to himself or are theymaking an announcement :rotfl:

cause if anyone else turns up pregnant - I going to have to quit hanging out with you all ;)

your computer problems are contagious

your colds are contagious

I sure don't want to catch a pregnancy!!! :rotfl2:

If I turn up pregnant I'm sure I'll be going to the Big D cause he had the big V :rotfl: :rotfl: . Did I mention that Chris can't type?

Deb

tinker1bell
01-01-2006, 12:30 AM
If I turn up pregnant I'm sure I'll be going to the Big D cause he had the big V :rotfl: :rotfl: . Did I mention that Chris can't type?

Deb

good point :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

julia & nicks mom
01-01-2006, 12:34 AM
I have new respect for Paul and Marti. I finally got Chris his own username: kitchensinkguy of course. For him to post I have to log out, delete the cookies then have him log in. When he is finished I have him log out, delete the cookies and then I can sign in again. What a pain in the a**. I'm sure he won't post too often as he only hen pecks when he types. He will be a post and run kind of guy.

Hi Steve, nice to finally "talk to you".

Kate we call New Year's Eve amatuer night. So many people go out that don't usually drink so we have a ton of frozen drinks and the more fancy drinks as that is what they see on tv or can tolerate. Please don't take that the wrong way as I'm sure you might order it at any time. Frozen drinks aren't hard to make, they just take a little longer. It is also the night when those people that do not go out leave poor tips or none at all. You know it will be no tip or a bad tip when people ask how much a drink is before they order it. Please no one take offense, I'm just stating my personal observation. Overall it was a quiet night. We are having a snow storm so that probably had something to do with it.

Deb
none taken

marti and paul have their own computers so they do not have to deal with that!!

I used to get mud slides all the time but DH said they are too expensive!!
I really don't drink when we go out with the kids but tonight was my special occasion!!

You also don't have to worry about me in the tip or asking the cost department - if I am out to drink - I don't mind what the cost is - and I used to wait tables - DH says I tip way too much - they only way you are getting a 15% tip out of me is if you really messed up - my kids make too big of a mess to leave less than 20

I can't even leave no tip even if the service is HORRIBLE!!! I figure it is probably a really bad night for them or if even if they aren't good at waiting tables it might be the only job they can get or work into their schedule!! I loved waiting tables and I sometimes think about doing it again but then I remember how irritated I got sometimes and that was when i was young - now that I am grouchy old lady - I would probably have little patience with customers and waiting tables takes a TON of patience!!!!!!!

julia & nicks mom
01-01-2006, 12:36 AM

Deb

I don't know Deb - we have managed to catch colds through the computer :rotfl:

my3princes
01-01-2006, 12:40 AM
I don't know Deb - we have managed to catch colds through the computer :rotfl:

Wouldn't that mean that Kevin, Paul or one of the few other guys would be the dad? Do you think Marti or Amy would be a little upset? :rotfl: :rotfl: I could see the paternity test now "I'm not sure who the Dad is, but I was only DISing with 4 guys and never more than 2 at once". Ok, it's late, I'm a little punchy and this could lead to trouble (although I think Kevin and Skunka Hunka might get a kick out of it)

Deb

julia & nicks mom
01-01-2006, 12:44 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

okay - I wasn't thinking like that - ewww!!!

miss missy
01-01-2006, 12:47 AM
Mom is in bed now. We went to eat at the 99, my fav, and then to see Rumor has it, cute movie!!! Fun to watch!

have my neices here and the 3 girls had afun nite, they blew horns, hats and all that. I made it home for the ball to fall too.

Kate, love your comforter!

Hope everyone had a good note!

tinker1bell
01-01-2006, 12:53 AM
none taken

marti and paul have their own computers so they do not have to deal with that!!

I used to get mud slides all the time but DH said they are too expensive!!
I really don't drink when we go out with the kids but tonight was my special occasion!!

You also don't have to worry about me in the tip or asking the cost department - if I am out to drink - I don't mind what the cost is - and I used to wait tables - DH says I tip way too much - they only way you are getting a 15% tip out of me is if you really messed up - my kids make too big of a mess to leave less than 20

I can't even leave no tip even if the service is HORRIBLE!!! I figure it is probably a really bad night for them or if even if they aren't good at waiting tables it might be the only job they can get or work into their schedule!! I loved waiting tables and I sometimes think about doing it again but then I remember how irritated I got sometimes and that was when i was young - now that I am grouchy old lady - I would probably have little patience with customers and waiting tables takes a TON of patience!!!!!!!

I only ask the price of a specialty drink so I can figure out if I can have that and a glass of wine in a restaurant that I have never gone to before.
Having hostessed and sometimes helped out at the bar serving drinks and tables in the bar area of the one restaurant that I worked at, I can sure relate to the tipping. When Steffy and I go out we usually do 20% or more unless the server just was not taking care of us. I mean like coming back to make sure we were satisfied with our food, clearing things, (asking before they just take the plate away) and generally keeping an eye on us. But if the service is just not up to par or is absoutely the best ever, I make it a point to go to management to make sure my displeasure or pleasure is made aware of. I think that any of us that has been in that kind of job are more apt to be keenly aware of things that most people would not think of.
The worst was at two different hotels that I worked at because of all you can see that goes on in the kitchen to plate up the meals and try to keep a large number of people satisfied. Ain't gonna happen. :rotfl:

tinker1bell
01-01-2006, 12:55 AM
Wouldn't that mean that Kevin, Paul or one of the few other guys would be the dad? Do you think Marti or Amy would be a little upset? :rotfl: :rotfl: I could see the paternity test now "I'm not sure who the Dad is, but I was only DISing with 4 guys and never more than 2 at once". Ok, it's late, I'm a little punchy and this could lead to trouble (although I think Kevin and Skunka Hunka might get a kick out of it)

Deb

OMG Tooooooo Funny :rotfl: :rotfl:

WeLoveTheMouse
01-01-2006, 01:01 AM
Happy New Year All!!!!
My girls made it to see the ball drop. We are in the Central time zone but all of the TV shows have the NY ball drop. We always celebrate with the girls then. They don't usually know the difference but tonight my DD7 started to catch on so we had to change a few of the clocks. We usually celebrate with them then and at our midnight my DH and I celebrate alone. Big exciting night watching Telemundo because they are in the same time zone. Tonight DDs still had not made it to sleep so we all watch Telemundo together and I said that all over the country people celebrate at different times. I guess the years of tricking them are over!

Hope everyone is safe tonight & has a great day tomorrow! :cool1: