PDA

View Full Version : ***Disney Design Addict's Chit Chat,Designs and Pixie Dust! Everybody WELCOME!*** Part 5

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

bear74
12-29-2005, 07:36 PM
OK ... Shawn Cassidy ... and ... yes .....Davey Jones

(Anyone remember THAT episode on the Brady Bunch!)
pg 1340
yes I remember that episode.

ReAnSt
12-29-2005, 07:41 PM
pg 1333
Im Jennifer Renay and I think I am about 10 years older then both of you.

Everytime I turn around their is a post by a Jen or a Jennifer on this thread, I can think of three on the board here but are there more??

bear74
tink2020
blueyes...

Becky

bear74
12-29-2005, 07:45 PM
I think we need to keep the posting frenzy up to drive the queen mad.

99 Bottles of diet coke on the wall 99 bottles of diet coke, take one down pass it around 98 bottles of diet coke on the wall.

To bad I don't drink the stuff.

Becky
:rotfl2: :rotfl: pg 1343 I think
Luckliy their was no soda in my mouth this time.

itslisa
12-29-2005, 07:50 PM
OK, everyone. Photos are finally uploaded and available. Beware - there are alot!

http://photobucket.com/albums/y254/tammi67/WDW%20December%202005/

Great pics! Your kids seemed to always be smiling :)

mgkkgdm
12-29-2005, 07:50 PM
pg 1340
yes I remember that episode.

Whats with the page numbers?

miss missy
12-29-2005, 07:55 PM

she is stating what page she is replying too in case we need to go back and reference the conversation...

Blueeyes101817
12-29-2005, 07:59 PM
Everytime I turn around their is a post by a Jen or a Jennifer on this thread, I can think of three on the board here but are there more??

bear74
tink2020
blueyes...

Becky

im sure there are more---there are jennifers every where i turn!

mgkkgdm
12-29-2005, 08:02 PM
she is stating what page she is replying too in case we need to go back and reference the conversation...

Doesn't the QUOTE reference the conversation?

julia & nicks mom
12-29-2005, 08:04 PM
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

itslisa
12-29-2005, 08:05 PM
That is an EXCELLENT idea!!!

Whoa there! One small mistake and I'm off to the dungeon?????? That's OK Peter Pan and Tinkerbell will save me!!!!

itslisa
12-29-2005, 08:08 PM
I did not no DisneyWorld was on the east coast, I'll be able to sleep better tonight now, THANKS.

And there's that rapier wit! :rotfl:

itslisa
12-29-2005, 08:09 PM
Your welcome, next time I will try harder to find better ones for you. And that is Mr. Skunka to you.

Me thinks someone is getting mighty full of himself!

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 08:10 PM
Trip pictures finally!

Marci -- Your pictures are great and the shirts turned out really well!

mgkkgdm
12-29-2005, 08:11 PM
Whoa there! One small mistake and I'm off to the dungeon?????? That's OK Peter Pan and Tinkerbell will save me!!!!

They're busy tonight, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party..

julia & nicks mom
12-29-2005, 08:12 PM
yeah but now you have posted during your banishment -

itslisa
12-29-2005, 08:13 PM
So we're half way to the luau place and he says "here's your room key". So we go walking into Tahiti (If I remember correctly)

Tahiti is the LAST one out. Any further and you're in the TTC!

and he says, we're at the end of this hall. We keep walking by and I see King Kamehaha (or however that's spelled) Suites, Princess someoneorother Suites, and then our #4. He told me it was the honeymoon suite. :teeth:

What a great guy!!!!

mgkkgdm
12-29-2005, 08:13 PM
Me thinks someone is getting mighty full of himself!

Someone is full of something.

Hugges and Kisses
Mr. Skunka

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 08:14 PM
OK, everyone. Photos are finally uploaded and available. Beware - there are alot!

And they are beautiful, Tammi. Now I know why we never ran into you all. We were totally doing a different kind of vacation. I almost wish we had little ones to take to WDW again. I miss all that sometimes.

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 08:15 PM
pg 1322
welcome back. very nice picture of the family. Hope you had a wonderful trip

Thanks, Jennifer -- we did! :)

itslisa
12-29-2005, 08:15 PM
They're busy tonight, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party..

They won't be missed!
ETA: It will only take them a sec or to to save me!

itslisa
12-29-2005, 08:16 PM
yeah but now you have posted during your banishment -

Are you saying I'm in MORE trouble????

mgkkgdm
12-29-2005, 08:16 PM
And they are beautiful, Tammi. Now I know why we never ran into you all. We were totally doing a different kind of vacation. I almost wish we had little ones to take to WDW again. I miss all that sometimes.

Elin:

Love the new photo in your sig, its amazing how one DD looks so much like you and the other like your DH

mgkkgdm
12-29-2005, 08:18 PM
They won't be missed!

quiet, the QUEEN has spoken

itslisa
12-29-2005, 08:18 PM
OK .. well play nice for a few. I have my own little Skunka to wash! He is currently playing battleship in the tub!!!!

mgkkgdm
12-29-2005, 08:20 PM
They won't be missed!

Its going to take more than a sec or TWO to save you...

cocowum
12-29-2005, 08:21 PM
Well all the prayers and PD worked! It went perfectly, and needless to say, DH and I were so relieved. Nothing was said, everyone was pleasant, the kids had a ball. The best part is we went to visit DH's grandmother (she has Alzheimer's) in the Assisted Living Home. They were all having a sing-along. Well my kids just jumped right in, did a "show" for all the people there, danced, did tumbling exercises. Then they all 3 proceeded to go around the room at least 3 times and give every single resident a huge hug and kiss, sit in their laps, etc. You have never seen a group of old people with bigger smiles and you could just feel the love exploding in that room. The kids had a blast and kept saying they loved playing with all the grandmas and grandpas. My DH was in heaven. It turned out to be a perfectly lovely day, and I am so grateful it did.

I am glad it worked out so well! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 08:21 PM
Did I not tell you guys? :)

How sweet! :goodvibes

julia & nicks mom
12-29-2005, 08:22 PM
Are you saying I'm in MORE trouble????
YES!!

Now I have to go fold laundry - play nice

in order to avoid any more scorn from Skunka - I suggest you all just quote teh post you are referring to and hit the back button twice to get back to where you were!!!! :teeth:

ReAnSt
12-29-2005, 08:23 PM
If anyone needs anything from www.disneyshopping.com I got a coupon code for 20% off. It is: newyear, also if you spend $75 or more you get free shipping. This code is not combineable with the 10% off code from a few days ago.

Becky

bengalbelle
12-29-2005, 08:23 PM
How sweet! :goodvibes
Elin, I agree with everyone else. That picture is fantastic!

Did you say your daughters are 19 and 27? They look the same age to me.

bengalbelle
12-29-2005, 08:26 PM
Did I not tell you guys? Sheesh, blonde brain. :teeth: Yep, we were in ASMo. We went to the parks and dh said he needed to go off by himself. He was gone practically all day. Turns out he got us the honeymoon suite at Polynesian, he had gone back to ASMo, gotten a change of clothes, toothbrushes, hairbrushes, etc. taken them back to Polynesian, then gone back to the parks to meet up with us. We knew his mom was going to watch the girls while we go to dinner that night. He said he couldn't get us into the Kona Cafe or Ohana for that night but he had connections at the Polynesian. :rolleyes: So we head over there and I thought he was taking me to the luau which I wasn't overly thrilled with. I hadn't heard really good things about it and it was kind of rainy. So we're half way to the luau place and he says "here's your room key". So we go walking into Tahiti (If I remember correctly) and he says, we're at the end of this hall. We keep walking by and I see King Kamehaha (or however that's spelled) Suites, Princess someoneorother Suites, and then our #4. He told me it was the honeymoon suite. :teeth: It had a king bed, whirpool tub, great bathroom, concierge (which we didn't really get to take advantage of at all except for getting morning reservations for Ohana). Anyway, we ordered room service, saw the Electric Water Pageant from our lanai, watched TV, then went to bed. Oh, the coolest thing was I walked in the room and there was a full sized Christmas tree in there. I just thought that was so cool. I have pics. I'll have to upload into photobucket when I get back. I need to leave for my birthday dinner. :)
What a wonderful way for him to surprise you! He's a keeper :goodvibes

tinknme
12-29-2005, 08:29 PM
What are the bubble letters?

I like the bubble letters! They work wel for boys and girls. We put the name on front and WDW on the back.

ReAnSt
12-29-2005, 08:30 PM
I think anyone who hasn't been here in the past 24 hours is going to flip out. We have had about 900 posts in 24 hours. It wouldn't suprise me if we hit 21,000 before tomorrow afternoon if not sooner. I think everyone has come back with a venegance after Christmas.

Becky

itslisa
12-29-2005, 08:32 PM
What are the bubble letters?

I'm risking more punishment in posting ... but:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b148/DisneyTShirts/Names/charactersworldnodate.jpg

Queen Kate has a whole folder of them at:
http://photobucket.com/albums/b148/DisneyTShirts/Names/

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 08:33 PM
Elin:

Love the new photo in your sig, its amazing how one DD looks so much like you and the other like your DH

Thanks, Paul! EVERYONE says that Kathrin (DD27) looks like me and Kristin (DD19) looks like Bob. But I look and look at them and only see them. I cannot see the resemblance at all. I think they look exactly like each other. Older DD always wanted a baby "just like her" and I think she got her wish... :love:

Elin, I agree with everyone else. That picture is fantastic!

Did you say your daughters are 19 and 27? They look the same age to me.

Yup! The 27 year old is the one on the left... she is the one who still gets carded all the time. :goodvibes

bengalbelle
12-29-2005, 08:34 PM
Trip pictures finally! It only takes me months to finally figure out how to post them....
Here's the whole family at Epcot the first day:
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d96/marcij/MVMCP%202005/IMG_8264.jpg

What a yahoo -- I put them in reflective shirts! (Only had time to do two shirts for this trip!)

Here are Andrew and Jake in their shirts Kate personalized for them:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d96/marcij/MVMCP%202005/IMG_8568.jpg

Here are our shirts Denise did for us:
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d96/marcij/MVMCP%202005/IMG_8649.jpg
Great pictures and I love the matching family shirts!

bengalbelle
12-29-2005, 08:42 PM
Yup! The 27 year old is the one on the left... she is the one who still gets carded all the time. :goodvibes
Until you posted their ages I thought they were both around 20ish. They're both beautiful! Kathrin reminds me of Scarlett Johansson.
ETA: and maybe Izzy from Gray's Anatomy.

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 08:51 PM
Until you posted their ages I thought they were both around 20ish. They're both beautiful!

Kathrin reminds me of Scarlett Johansson.

She hears the Scarlett Johansson thing often. Don't watch Grey's Anatomy so I am off to IMDB to see who Izzy is!

Steamboat Marti
12-29-2005, 08:52 PM
Hey Tammi -- are you around?? I just looked at some of your trip pictures.. they look great. I have one question.. are the kids bundled in the towels by the pool because they look cute (which they do!) or is it because it was that cold???

I'm asking because we're thinking of around Dec 15-22 next year and wondered what it was like. I haven't read your trip report yet :blush:

Steamboat Marti
12-29-2005, 08:52 PM

She hears the Scarlett Johansson thing often. Don't watch Gray's Anatomy so I am off to IMDB to see who Izzy is!

You're going to laugh, but my first reaction was "a prettier Chelsea Clinton"

(emphasis on prettier)

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 08:56 PM
You're going to laugh, but my first reaction was "a prettier Chelsea Clinton"

(emphasis on prettier)

I can see that too, Marti! I checked on Grey's Anatomy and the actress who plays Izzy is named Katherine and is one month younger than our Kathrin. She was also born in the DC area. Weird, huh?

Princess Nancy
12-29-2005, 08:57 PM
YOU DATED BENJAMIN BRATT!!!!!!! Can I come over and touch your hand???????

tinknme
12-29-2005, 08:59 PM
What a wonderful thing to do :goodvibes

I am NOT selling it -- I am giving it to you if you wanted it. They were still skeptical.

I pointed out that all the adult tickets had a biometric scan. *IF* the ticket had been used, you will not get into the park and will be right where you are before meeting me. But, I assured them, no one had used the ticket ... and they were welcome to it at no charge.

I still think they thought I had been sniffing something. :)

I had just left DH back at the hotel room (and of course we had just had yet another argument!) .... but I sure felt SO much better after that. I really *do* hope they ad no problems using it.

I swear, I was floating on air for the rest of the night.

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 08:59 PM
Hey Tammi -- are you around?? I just looked at some of your trip pictures.. they look great. I have one question.. are the kids bundled in the towels by the pool because they look cute (which they do!) or is it because it was that cold???

I'm asking because we're thinking of around Dec 15-22 next year and wondered what it was like. I haven't read your trip report yet :blush:

I am not Tammi :rotfl: but I can tell you that if we had gone into the pool that week we would have been wrapped in those towels in the pool.:earseek: Although the water is heated to 82 and the temps got up to 75 a couple of days we never thought of it as swimming weather. It was breezy on those warm days!

Princess Nancy
12-29-2005, 09:03 PM
Are you still friendly? Can you call him up and say something like "Hey Jamin, remember me? Me and a few other online friends would like to take you to lunch someday."?

Oooh oooh oooh Can I PLEASE come too ????

Princess Nancy
12-29-2005, 09:05 PM
I wish! That's one of the biggest problems with repertory theater; you get close to people for a very short period of time, and then you are gone from one another's lives. I'm sure he'd just say, "Glynis, who?" "You know, from your one summer with the Utah Shakespearean Festival?" "Hmm, that's too long ago for me to remember." At least that's how the conversation always goes in my head.

For anyone who's been to NYC and seen "The Lion King", I also dated Patrick Page who plays/ed Scar. But let's not go into that. Bad, bad memories.

Patrick Page, I know he's married to Paige Davis!!!!! (of Trading Spaces fame!)

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 09:09 PM
I met a CM while we were in WDW last week and tried twice to explain to her how to get to the DISboards and this forum. The second time we saw her she had gone to the wrong url and we again told her the correct address for these boards. She is still not here requesting help so I fear she is once again lost in cyberspace.

Does anyone have any idea how I could get a message to her with a link to the boards?

Blueeyes101817
12-29-2005, 09:27 PM
Until you posted their ages I thought they were both around 20ish. They're both beautiful! Kathrin reminds me of Scarlett Johansson.

i was thinking Izzy as well!

ReAnSt
12-29-2005, 09:34 PM
Elin,
Where do they work at? I know people who work down there in various locations. They might be able to give me an idea.

Becky

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 09:36 PM
Elin,
Where do they work at? I know people who work down there in various locations. They might be able to give me an idea.

Becky

Becky -- she was at the FP area of Soarin' both times we saw her last week. Her name was Nancy and I would say she was in her 40s or 50s.

disneyeveryyear
12-29-2005, 09:37 PM
See....I didn't think it was noticably bad until the 24th. We followed TGMs "best day" calendar and his tour plans.

We did that last year and never waited in line more than 10 minutes.

I am really disappointed though when people talk about the rude e-mail they get from him when they request their refund.

I guess he should refer to his "Money Back Guarantee - with Attitude Guaranteed"

Brendita
12-29-2005, 09:39 PM
HOS
Evening all.
I'm back on page 1366.

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 09:41 PM
HOS
Evening all.
I'm back on page 1366.

Evening, Brendita! It is kind of slow, so you might have a chance of catching up tonight :)

ReAnSt
12-29-2005, 09:43 PM
Becky -- she was at the FP area of Soarin' both times we saw her last week. Her name was Nancy and I would say she was in her 40s or 50s.

I have a friend who works at Mission Space and also at Test Track in Merchantainment, I tried calling him but he didn't answer so he's probably working. I will let you know what I find out. He might be able to track Nancy down or something.

I am sure you could write a letter to Disney but I don't think they would give it to them.

Becky

itslisa
12-29-2005, 09:44 PM
I am really disappointed though when people talk about the rude e-mail they get from him when they request their refund.

I guess he should refer to his "Money Back Guarantee - with Attitude Guaranteed"

At the risk of getting further punishment ..... I JUST got back my replies about my refund. I should mention that I have a Passporter, the Unofficial Guide, Birnbaum's, and also belong to the TheMouseforLess. So, I got a lot of information fom other sources .....

This is the conversation:

Hello,

I am writing to you to request a refund for your service.
Without getting into details, it was just not what I expected it to be.

Please let me know if there is any other information you need.

Thank you,
Lisa

Dear Lisa:

I never ask for any details for a refund request ... I provide very clear information about what the AVP is and isn't on the home page, as well as in the extensive Preview Tour, and hope that's good enough. I'm confident that the advice I provide my guests is outstanding because my personal VIP's are paying over a $1,000 per day for nearly the same experience without lines and crowds. It works, and I have thousands of 'thank you for the best Disney vacation ever!' emails to prove it, including eight received today from Christmas vacationers. I accepted a long time ago that it's impossible to please everyone, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that on either end of the equation. It's simply one of those "Life Rule" things. ;>)

My challenge is that you're the first guest since we opened in late 2002 to request a refund after this many months of ownership. I learned recently that our credit card processing company doesn't allow us to issue credit card credits past the 120-day mark. May we send you a refund check in the amount of $16.95 (your purchase amount with discount code used) to the mailing address we have on file?
Best regards for now,

TourGuideMiKE

a.k.a. Michael J. Hewell :>)
TourGuideMiKE.com

Yes, a check would be fine.

Thank you.

Okay, it will most likely go out tomorrow. Happy New Year.
Best regards,

TourGuideMiKE

a.k.a. Michael J. Hewell :>)
TourGuideMiKE.com

tinknme
12-29-2005, 09:45 PM
I placed an order yesterday :guilty:

If anyone needs anything from www.disneyshopping.com I got a coupon code for 20% off. It is: newyear, also if you spend $75 or more you get free shipping. This code is not combineable with the 10% off code from a few days ago.

Becky

disneyeveryyear
I loved Shaun Cassidy. I still remember getting his 8 Track for a present and flipping out! The Hardy Boys were awesome.

How funny - did you have a portable 8 track player or did your parents have an 8 track built into their large console stereo like mine did?

Thanks, Elin. We are really debating when to go. We are even considering going over Thanksgiving so that we don't have to deal with my in-laws at ALL!~

Go to WDW over Thanksgiving and Christmas - then you don't have to deal with her at all.

PNO4TE
I have a friend who works at Mission Space and also at Test Track in Merchantainment, I tried calling him but he didn't answer so he's probably working. I will let you know what I find out. He might be able to track Nancy down or something.

I am sure you could write a letter to Disney but I don't think they would give it to them.

Becky

Thanks, Becky! :sunny:

I agree that contacting WDW would probably not get me very far.

disneyeveryyear
12-29-2005, 09:48 PM
I was thinking about having a design made for us to wear one day. There will be 7 us, just not sure what to have on it.

We did the 7 Dwarf shirts. They were really cute.

tinknme
12-29-2005, 09:49 PM
Thank you :goodvibes So who is up to making these for me :teeth:

[QUOTE=itslisa]I'm risking more punishment in posting ... but:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b148/DisneyTShirts/Names/charactersworldnodate.jpg

ReAnSt
12-29-2005, 09:51 PM
At the risk of getting further punishment ..... I JUST got back my replies about my refund. I should mention that I have a Passporter, the Unofficial Guide, Birnbaum's, and also belong to the TheMouseforLess. So, I got a lot of information fom other sources .....

At least you didn't get the run around.

Becky

ReAnSt
12-29-2005, 09:53 PM

I only got the coupon in email today. I think the only one good yesterday was the 10% off.

Becky

bengalbelle
12-29-2005, 09:53 PM

He seems very professional and courteous to me.

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 09:58 PM

I agree... but I doubt the fact that hers is the first request for a refund since 2002. And I LIKE the site and Mike!

tinker1bell
12-29-2005, 09:59 PM
welcome wdwfanz - hope you stop by to join us - although be prepared to give up your day job and your social life just to keep up :rotfl2:

Be very prepared to become very obsessed about this site :rotfl:

julia & nicks mom
12-29-2005, 10:00 PM
hey Dawn I just wanted to let you know my bathroom problem is just fine now!!! Thank you to everyone for your suggestions!!!

julia & nicks mom
12-29-2005, 10:02 PM
I agree... but I doubt the fact that hers is the first request for a refund since 2002. And I LIKE the site and Mike!
I think he said she is the first one who has asked after such a long period of subscription - I think most people ask for refunds pretty early on

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 10:05 PM
I think he said she is the first one who has asked after such a long period of subscription - I think most people ask for refunds pretty early on
You are right, Kate. I went back and re-read the post.

Glad you are feeling better.

itslisa
12-29-2005, 10:05 PM
Thank you :goodvibes So who is up to making these for me :teeth:

Julia & Nick's Mom (Kate) makes these. PM her. As you can see, she does GREAT work!

my3princes
12-29-2005, 10:08 PM
Who sings that Deb? Heard it on the radio quite a few times during our trip...
"I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was".

You've probably got the answer by now as I'm 20 pages back, but it is Toby Keith.

Deb

itslisa
12-29-2005, 10:08 PM

I *was* going to ask for a refund earlier ... but wanted to try it at Disney. I guess I felt like I wasn't giving it a fair shot if I didn't try it at Disney.

*If* I was being dishonest (and no one has said I was), I could have just copied all the info and then asked for a refund.

Blueeyes101817
12-29-2005, 10:11 PM
"I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was".

You've probably got the answer by now as I'm 20 pages back, but it is Toby Keith.

Deb

loveeee toby keith!

tinker1bell
12-29-2005, 10:12 PM
I can so relate to this....I am going to have to go home early from work today because my volunteer who runs the RISO machine(like a printer but uses barrels of ink and masters) to do the weekly bulletins, called in sick. I can handle the machine for a bit, but doing 550 bulletins and the innards...the smell got to me!! Add to that the other machines that I had to use that make noise and I have a lovely migraine!!

Here's pixie dust (the non smelly kind) for Steffy!!

Theresa

Yeah, everyday is such an adventure. At least when I get home, DH is very understanding.

tinker1bell
12-29-2005, 10:17 PM
OK ... one other highlight (I may even post an actual trip report one day ....)

OK ... I told you guys I had won a trip for 4 .. and then my neighbor and her family backed out, right? OK, well there are only 3 of us. One of the items I won were four 5 day Magic Your Way with Park Hopper tickets.

Now, I had this extra ticket and what to do with it??????

I had it with me all the time, but no sense giving it to someone in the park -- they already bought their tix. One night, I was headed over to Pop Century (buying Mr Potato Head!). I was following this couple with a little girl and I over heard part of their conversation. They were discussing buying park tickets and how many days etc.

I got up the nerve and jumped in and asked them how long they were planning to buy for. They were contemplating between 4 or 5 days. I told them that I knew this seems totally crazy, but I had a 5 day PH ticket for them. The wife looked at me like I head 4 heads. The guy asked me how much I wanted for it. I said no - I'm giving it to you. He replies - selling it? LOL

We were not getting very far!

I explained that I had won a big prize and I had an extra 5 day PH ticket which HAD to be used before 12/24/2005. I am NOT selling it -- I am giving it to you if you wanted it. They were still skeptical.

I pointed out that all the adult tickets had a biometric scan. *IF* the ticket had been used, you will not get into the park and will be right where you are before meeting me. But, I assured them, no one had used the ticket ... and they were welcome to it at no charge.

I had just left DH back at the hotel room (and of course we had just had yet another argument!) .... but I sure felt SO much better after that. I really *do* hope they ad no problems using it.

That is so neat. I am sure they were in such shock that someone would do that.
While Steffy and I were at Epcot with my two sisters, my one sister just could not handle doing Soaring again and we already had FP for a second time, so we took two of our four passes and picked a couple out and handed them to them and they were so very surprised.
It is a great feeling.

my3princes
12-29-2005, 10:18 PM
sometimes I just fall in love with one of my new designs and have to post it - this is one of them

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/kfeldmann/SANDDOLLARINVITE.jpg

Very cool. I think you need to make a design for the weight loss thread. I've thought of doing it, but can't find the time to keep up with this thread let alone make a design.

Deb

julia & nicks mom
12-29-2005, 10:18 PM
I *was* going to ask for a refund earlier ... but wanted to try it at Disney. I guess I felt like I wasn't giving it a fair shot if I didn't try it at Disney.

*If* I was being dishonest (and no one has said I was), I could have just copied all the info and then asked for a refund.
he says a refund whenever - you were perfectly within your rights!!

julia & nicks mom
12-29-2005, 10:19 PM
Very cool. I think you need to make a design for the weight loss thread. I've thought of doing it, but can't find the time to keep up with this thread let alone make a design.

Deb
that would be no TROUBLE at all!!!

Steamboat Marti
12-29-2005, 10:20 PM
For you Kate, nothing is TROUBLE!!!!!!!!!!!

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 10:26 PM
he says a refund whenever - you were perfectly within your rights!!
I agree 100% Kate... Lisa, you really gave it a try to make certain your gut feeling was true.

disneyeveryyear
12-29-2005, 10:26 PM
I can't believe I hacen't posted much about my trip yet -- just in "catch up" mode all the time. LOL

OK ... we'll go straight to the BEST moment!

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c319/pxydust/merlin.jpg

Yes! Benjamin was chosen to be KING OF THE REALM! I swear my knees nearly buckled under me! :) (sad but true!)

DH and I had a bit of an argument on our first day at MK -- the day Ben was wearing his King Arthur shirt .... and we never made it over to the show. :( The second day we went, I was determined.

We went over about 10 minutes before the show. At first, Ben didn't want to. He was sad and said that Merlin never picks him and it makes him so sad. (what can you say to that!) Somehow, I convinced him to give it ONE more try.

This particular day, the three of us had on the bubble letter shirts that Kate created. When we got over there, Ben HAD to try to pull the sword out. Of course, no budge. I called him down. We had a quick talk about what I had learned here. I told him to be as still as he could. To watch the show - and enjoy it. :) Oh, and I HAD made a scrapbook page for Merlin!

OK ... so we handed Ben the clipboard with the Merlin page. I told him to hold it facing OUT. About halfway through the show, I took it from him (didn't want his hands to NOT be free). He was amazingly still throughout the show. (I have never seen him this still for this long!)

And then it was time to choose. My DH tried to point out Ben! I swiftly but discreetly pulled his hand down! And then he was PICKED!! I swear, my knees nearly buckled under me --- I was SO excited for him!!!!

How exciting!

disneyeveryyear
12-29-2005, 10:29 PM
Well all the prayers and PD worked! It went perfectly, and needless to say, DH and I were so relieved. Nothing was said, everyone was pleasant, the kids had a ball. The best part is we went to visit DH's grandmother (she has Alzheimer's) in the Assisted Living Home. They were all having a sing-along. Well my kids just jumped right in, did a "show" for all the people there, danced, did tumbling exercises. Then they all 3 proceeded to go around the room at least 3 times and give every single resident a huge hug and kiss, sit in their laps, etc. You have never seen a group of old people with bigger smiles and you could just feel the love exploding in that room. The kids had a blast and kept saying they loved playing with all the grandmas and grandpas. My DH was in heaven. It turned out to be a perfectly lovely day, and I am so grateful it did.

Denise, I am so glad your day was stress-free.

It sounds like your kids have it takes to be loving, compassionate and caring people when they grow-up (and now too!)

Thanks Kate :goodvibes
How is that bathroom problem coming along?

Are we getting ready for another PG test? Did I miss something?

Hope you feel better! Cranberry juice is good too.
Guess not!

itslisa
12-29-2005, 10:32 PM
hey no one replies earlied ... what was that Dumbo trick you guys were talking about???

disneyeveryyear
12-29-2005, 10:34 PM
Thank you! I'll try that. They just called me in a Z Pack.

Love that stuff! Hope it helps in a hurry.

Glad they didn't make you go in and wait for an office visit.

disneyeveryyear
12-29-2005, 10:37 PM
Yes I did! It was wonderful! The chili dip sounds wonderful, too. I'm going to try that New Year's Eve. Hopefully I can trick the kids into celebrating a couple of hours early, so I'll have the house to myself for a while to try it. Sometimes you just need some down time, you know? DH has to work all the First Night activities, so I'll be on my lonesome for the evening. I need a yummy treat to drown my sorrows in. I'm going to try the chili dip and the frozen kisses. They sound yummy, too.

My DH has worked every NYE since we got married. I used to work some with him just so we could be together, but now with the kids, I stay with them.

We have been invited to a "family" NYE party at a neighbor's (been going for the last few years), but not sure if we are going. I have to teach Sunday School at 8:30 a.m. on the 1st to 1st and 2nd graders.

I am afraid if I stay up too late I won't have the energy for the little ones. We'll have to see. Maybe we'll go for a little while, but try to be home by 10:00 or so.

my3princes
12-29-2005, 10:42 PM
Trip pictures finally! It only takes me months to finally figure out how to post them....

What a yahoo -- I put them in reflective shirts! (Only had time to do two shirts for this trip!)

Those are great. Still waiting for pictures of ds in the play.

Deb

disneyeveryyear
12-29-2005, 10:44 PM

OK ... I told you guys I had won a trip for 4 .. and then my neighbor and her family backed out, right? OK, well there are only 3 of us. One of the items I won were four 5 day Magic Your Way with Park Hopper tickets.

I had it with me all the time, but no sense giving it to someone in the park -- they already bought their tix. One night, I was headed over to Pop Century (buying Mr Potato Head!). I was following this couple with a little girl and I over heard part of their conversation. They were discussing buying park tickets and how many days etc.

I got up the nerve and jumped in and asked them how long they were planning to buy for. They were contemplating between 4 or 5 days. I told them that I knew this seems totally crazy, but I had a 5 day PH ticket for them. The wife looked at me like I head 4 heads. The guy asked me how much I wanted for it. I said no - I'm giving it to you. He replies - selling it? LOL

I explained that I had won a big prize and I had an extra 5 day PH ticket which HAD to be used before 12/24/2005. I am NOT selling it -- I am giving it to you if you wanted it. They were still skeptical.

What an awesome story Lisa. Your kindness already paid dividends in making you feel better.

disneyeveryyear
12-29-2005, 10:46 PM
sometimes I just fall in love with one of my new designs and have to post it - this is one of them

Too cute.

(Did you just turn Tink upsie down and put her on the beam?)

julia & nicks mom
12-29-2005, 10:47 PM
Too cute.

I actually had to redraw her arms - they were out to the side

ReAnSt
12-29-2005, 10:47 PM
Too cute.

Now do you think the Queen would share her secrets???

Unfortunately, I think not. :rotfl2:

Becky

ETA: She actually shares before I can post.

julia & nicks mom
12-29-2005, 10:49 PM
Now do you think the Queen would share her secrets???

Unfortunately, I think not. :rotfl2:

Becky

hey - not only did I share - I shared pretty quickly!!!!

I always help people with their design troubles!!!

Brendita
12-29-2005, 10:50 PM
I'm turning in early.
Tummy is acting up.
Catch you all later.
4 day weekend.
So have a few errands to do Friday.
Than just relaxing @ home.

disneyeveryyear
12-29-2005, 10:51 PM
Cool! You and Julia Roberts are in the same league!

What do they call it? 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon?

You are 1 degree of Julia Roberts (and everyone else that Jamin has ever worked with)!

ReAnSt
12-29-2005, 10:52 PM
hey - not only did I share - I shared pretty quickly!!!!

I always help people with their design troubles!!!

I know, I know

Steffy
12-29-2005, 10:54 PM
:Pinkbounc Thanks all! Looking forward tothe weight loss thread. I usually am not up this late. how will I ever keep up???

pg 1351

Welcome Princess Nancy...

I don't have time to get over to the other thread. I will tomorrow. Right now I have to catch up with 39 pages and I was up until almost 3:00 am this morning!

Yes, we are a chatty bunch! But very loveable! :love:

bear74
12-29-2005, 10:55 PM
i never sign out--i just click out too..lol
pg 1356
same here

Steffy
12-29-2005, 10:56 PM
But payback is so awful, Clare. DD19 and I both have IBS and she is lactose intolerant. I seem to manage mine better than she does, mainly because I have been dealing with it longer and also because I don't appear to have the lactose intolerance. Even with Lactaid she was sick most of this past trip because she wanted to eat so many of her favorite foods. Finally by day 6 she realized she needed to pick and choose. Things did get marginally better when that happened.

pg 1351

Welcome back Elin! Your pictures in your siggie are gorgeous! So happy! :love: :love:

my3princes
12-29-2005, 10:56 PM
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Can't, I have to go and tend bar tonight.

Deb

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 10:58 PM
pg 1351

Welcome back Elin! Your pictures in your siggie are gorgeous! So happy! :love: :love:

Thanks, Steffy! We were happy there! :goodvibes

disneyeveryyear
12-29-2005, 10:59 PM
Are you still friendly? Can you call him up and say something like "Hey Jamin, remember me? Me and a few other online friends would like to take you to lunch someday."?

Or even "We are having a little party in D.C. or Atlanta, would you care to join us?"

disneyeveryyear
12-29-2005, 11:01 PM
I wish! That's one of the biggest problems with repertory theater; you get close to people for a very short period of time, and then you are gone from one another's lives. I'm sure he'd just say, "Glynis, who?" "You know, from your one summer with the Utah Shakespearean Festival?" "Hmm, that's too long ago for me to remember." At least that's how the conversation always goes in my head.

For anyone who's been to NYC and seen "The Lion King", I also dated Patrick Page who plays/ed Scar. But let's not go into that. Bad, bad memories.

Didn't he marry Paige Davis from Trading Spaces?

EDIT: - Sorry, I had about 30 pages to catch up. I can see that I was about the 4th or 5th person to make this brilliant observation.

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 11:02 PM
Or even "We are having a little party in D.C. or Atlanta, would you care to join us?"

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

bear74
12-29-2005, 11:06 PM
Oh no! Now I have someone to keep up against and how can I write mine when I'm reading yours :rotfl2:
Clare,
My DD just saw your wedding pics at the bottom of one of your post and she started saying "mommy Princese".

miss missy
12-29-2005, 11:10 PM
Hey this sounds pretty funny!!! I gotta check it out next week!

Quinn: 'Book of Daniel' a 'Wholesome Show' By FRAZIER MOORE, AP Television Writer
Tue Dec 27, 3:38 PM ET

NEW YORK - "I think it's a pretty down-the-middle, wholesome show," says Aidan Quinn, referring to his new NBC series, "Book of Daniel."

"I honestly don't think it's going to be nearly as controversial as some people may now be afraid of," he declares. "It just has the courage to deal with some of the real issues that go in on people's lives."

Like, for instance? Quinn laughs as he recites a litany.

"Well, I'm an Episcopalian priest who struggles with a little self-medication problem, and I have a 23-year-old son who's gay, and a 16-year-old daughter who's caught dealing pot, and another son who's jumping on every high school girl he sees, and a wife who's very loving but also likes her martinis.

"I can't tell you how many people have said to me, `Hey, that sounds like my family.'"

Don't forget the Rev. Daniel Webster's recent cruel loss of another son to leukemia. Or the kookie extended family that, among other things, is about to put Daniel's priesthood (and parish) in jeopardy by forcing him into business with the Mob.

Or the fact that he has regular visions of, and frequent conversations with, a flesh-and-blood Jesus Christ.

Is this like your family? Viewers can soon find out. On Jan. 6, "Book of Daniel" premieres with back-to-back airings of two episodes from 9 to 11 p.m. EST, before claiming its regular 10 p.m. slot the following week.

Between now and then, TV congregants can eagerly await or brace themselves for a comedic drama that might be described as "7th Heaven" meets "Desperate Housewives." Its initial eight-episode run throws a host of curves at the Webster clan while Daniel munches Vicodin to ease his pressures and doubts.

Does this demean a man of God?

Not a bit, says the 46-year-old Quinn, who, Chicago-born and of Irish descent, has taken the vows for his first series after a diverse career in made-for TV movies, theater and feature films (including "Legends of the Fall" and "Michael Collins"). Diverse? He may be the only actor whose credits include Paul McCartney, Benedict Arnold AND Robinson Crusoe.

Now Quinn plays a priest who must be taken on his own human terms a good man who wants to do right by his family and flock, keep up necessary appearances, and cleanse his soul.

"He is caught up in the modern malady of extreme busyness and stress," Quinn says. "But he can have moments of great lucidity and humor, and he cherishes his moments of quiet in the church, and in prayer."

Communing with his inner self takes the form of those tete-a-tetes with Jesus a loving, good-humored comrade whose robes-and-beard style stands apart in the starchy, posh suburb just outside New York City where "Book of Daniel" is set.

Jesus is demonstrably there for Daniel but delivers no easy answers even when, in a frequent state of befuddlement, he seeks them.

"You know it doesn't work that way," Jesus reminds him.

"Yeah," Daniel sighs. "I just don't know why."

A Savior-as-therapist, Jesus is played by Garret Dillahunt ("Deadwood"), while the series also stars Susanna Thompson ("Now and Again") as the reverend's wife, Judith, plus Christian Campbell ("Trick"), Alison Pill ("Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen") and Ivan Shaw ("All My Children") as the couple's three children.

You might say "Book of Daniel" is the gospel according to Jack Kenny, an unlikely auteur considering his resume: executive producer of the sketch-comedy series "Wanda at Large" and, before that, the creator of "Titus," producer of "Caroline in the City," and a staff writer on "Dave's World."

But looking to move into one-hour drama, he wrote a pilot script for "Book of Daniel" on spec as a writing sample, "in hopes I could get in some doors. Then it took on a life of its own."

A gay man raised in the Catholic Church, Kenny says he drew on the Wasp-y, emotionally guarded family of his life partner.

"Michael," he says of his mate with a dramatist's relish, "came from a world that is all about what is NOT said the hidden meaning in the words and sentences."

Declaring he has never seen "7th Heaven" or "Joan of Arcadia" (a drama that had God revealing himself to a high school girl in a variety of human visions), Kenny insists his show isn't about religion.

"This is about a family," he says between bites during a hasty lunch break at the Queens studio where the series is shot. "The fact that Daniel is a priest is secondary. The church is the backdrop. This is no more about religion than `Six Feet Under" was about mortuaries."

But pray tell, doesn't saddling a priest with all those dicey tribulations (and a Vicodin habit!) risk putting off the audience in a way that a similarly plagued plumber or stockbroker wouldn't?

"Daniel faces the same relatable problems that every father has to deal with," says Kenny. "And if the problems seem heightened because of what he does for a living, then that just raises the stakes. And that makes better drama."

Steffy
12-29-2005, 11:11 PM
:bday: :cake: :bday: MinnieMouse Mom!!!!

my3princes
12-29-2005, 11:16 PM
Whoo Hoo. I'm caught up again. I must note that you only posted 3 pages while I read the 20 that I was behind. Are you all tired out from last nights posting frenzy?

Deb

ReAnSt
12-29-2005, 11:19 PM
Whoo Hoo. I'm caught up again. I must note that you only posted 3 pages while I read the 20 that I was behind. Are you all tired out from last nights posting frenzy?

Deb

Either that or they are prepping for the new year.

Becky

Steffy
12-29-2005, 11:26 PM
I used him - thought he was fantastic and worth every cent. Didn't think much of the forums over there though - the DISers are much friendlier IMHO... <light blue touch paper and duck>

One thing though - if you get it ignore the thing about watching Wishes from DUmbo - that pretty much ruined two of our nights there - you'll find out more when I get to it in my trip reports... I very nearly asked for a refund based on that one comment!

pg 1360

He was supposed to fix that comment last December! You MUST watch Wishes from in front of the castle. No other place. I don't care if you are hip to hip. In front of the castle or nowhere! :love: :love:

To this day my son has no idea why I love Wishes so much because we watched them from Dumbo!!! The next day I watched them from in front of the castle, but he had already left. :sad: :sad:

itslisa
12-29-2005, 11:27 PM
Hey this sounds pretty funny!!! I gotta check it out next week!

DH and I agree. We saw the previews and it looks darn funny!

miss missy
12-29-2005, 11:41 PM
DH and I agree. We saw the previews and it looks darn funny!

Off for the drive home... see u all later.. have a good nite!

KMH1
12-29-2005, 11:45 PM
Amy - I just love your sense of humor. You make me giggle. DH doesn't know quite what to make of the fact that I laugh at the computer.

Thanks Glynis! I don't think my tag is fitting at all! :rotfl:

Very cool about Benjamin Bratt!!!

Amy :)

KMH1
12-29-2005, 11:48 PM
Amy,

Were the sugar cookies the only type that you made or did you make other types of cookies as well?

Becky

The sugar cookies sucked out all my energy. In the past, I've made 3-4 different kinds, but not this year. I did make peanut butter balls (buckeyes) and turtles though.

disneyeveryyear
12-29-2005, 11:48 PM

I don't think Mike was saying hers was the first request, he was saying hers was the first request from someone who had a subscription for as long as she did.

I think a lot of people subscribe and then get lost in TGM cyberspace, and immediately request their money back.

I am just sorry it didn't work for her.

EDIT: Once again, a day late and a dollar short.

Steffy
12-29-2005, 11:49 PM
Thanks, Elin. We are really debating when to go. We are even considering going over Thanksgiving so that we don't have to deal with my in-laws at ALL!~

pg1367

Hi Denise, I'm thinking about Thanksgiving too! Just don't know. DO know that I want to see the lights again. And the CP and do MVMCP. sigh... If I want the family to come, I'll have to go when my DGD is off school. She can't miss any school now. :guilty: :guilty: :guilty:

tink2020
12-29-2005, 11:51 PM

To some extent.... especially the second half of the first email, and the whole second email. But at first, he DEFINITELY got defense, IMO. :confused3

I don't think I'm going to bother. :confused3

disneyeveryyear
12-29-2005, 11:51 PM

Now I am really impressed - "redraw" her arms?

OMG - I can't figure out how to layer you can redraw her arms?

Steffy
12-29-2005, 11:54 PM
I can't believe I hacen't posted much about my trip yet -- just in "catch up" mode all the time. LOL

OK ... we'll go straight to the BEST moment!

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c319/pxydust/merlin.jpg

Yes! Benjamin was chosen to be KING OF THE REALM! I swear my knees nearly buckled under me! :) (sad but true!)

DH and I had a bit of an argument on our first day at MK -- the day Ben was wearing his King Arthur shirt .... and we never made it over to the show. :( The second day we went, I was determined.

We went over about 10 minutes before the show. At first, Ben didn't want to. He was sad and said that Merlin never picks him and it makes him so sad. (what can you say to that!) Somehow, I convinced him to give it ONE more try.

This particular day, the three of us had on the bubble letter shirts that Kate created. When we got over there, Ben HAD to try to pull the sword out. Of course, no budge. I called him down. We had a quick talk about what I had learned here. I told him to be as still as he could. To watch the show - and enjoy it. :) Oh, and I HAD made a scrapbook page for Merlin!

OK ... so we handed Ben the clipboard with the Merlin page. I told him to hold it facing OUT. About halfway through the show, I took it from him (didn't want his hands to NOT be free). He was amazingly still throughout the show. (I have never seen him this still for this long!)

And then it was time to choose. My DH tried to point out Ben! I swiftly but discreetly pulled his hand down! And then he was PICKED!! I swear, my knees nearly buckled under me --- I was SO excited for him!!!!

pg 1367

Oh Lisa,

He makes the cutest King!!!! What a great pixie dust moment!!! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

tink2020
12-29-2005, 11:54 PM
pg 1360

He was supposed to fix that comment last December! You MUST watch Wishes from in front of the castle. No other place. I don't care if you are hip to hip. In front of the castle or nowhere! :love: :love:

To this day my son has no idea why I love Wishes so much because we watched them from Dumbo!!! The next day I watched them from in front of the castle, but he had already left. :sad: :sad:

ESPECIALLY with the holiday ones, where they launch fireworks from various places. Ooh, and all the stuff on the castle. I agree, you HAVE to be able to at least see it all from the front.

Steffy
12-29-2005, 11:58 PM
pg 1368

Oh Denise, I am so happy for you. And the story about the kids at the nursing home. :love: :love: :love:

tink2020
12-29-2005, 11:58 PM
Ok, goodnight everyone! Can't stay for a posting party tonight.... I'm beat!

Tomorrow I'll be getting stuff ready for New Years Eve and then going to Festival of Lights at the zoo one last time :rotfl: I'll be on and off during the day, but I also have Christmas stuff to return/exchange :faint: To quote another DDA, "don't be too prolific"! :goodvibes

bear74
12-29-2005, 11:59 PM
itslisa congratulations to you and Ben. That must have been an awesome day.

bear74
12-30-2005, 12:00 AM
Belated welcome to Princess Nancy

bear74
12-30-2005, 12:01 AM
What's the matter, Kate? I must have missed the original post. UTI?
So did I and I am on page 136?
Kate hope you get better soon.

disneyeveryyear
12-30-2005, 12:03 AM
I finally get caught up and it looks like everyone else is gone for the night.

It took me a long time to catch up because I am IMing with a friend who has just suffered her 2nd miscarriage in 4 months. She has a D&C scheduled for next week and has to go for pre-op stuff tomorrow. Her DH left to go spend the night at his parents house so he can play golf tomorrow.

Needless to say she is very, very, very upset.

ReAnSt
12-30-2005, 12:07 AM
The sugar cookies sucked out all my energy. In the past, I've made 3-4 different kinds, but not this year. I did make peanut butter balls (buckeyes) and turtles though.

Hey, you have an excuse you're pregnant. Do you mix you cookies by hand? I sure hope not, although my grandmother still does even though she has a very nice electric mixer and a bad heart. She made like 4 different types. When we found out we were quite irritated at her because it wore her out. Heck mixing cookies by hand would wear me out.

My Nana on the other hand can't make cookies anymore but we found in her old cook books, a piece of paper with years from the late 60s and early 70s of every type of cookie she made, on what date and how many of each type. I can't believe she had the patience to count all of them and write it down. I sure wish we had the recipes for some of them though but unfortunately we don't.

I could never imagine only making one type or even 3-4 types of cookies. My Mom and I probably made 20 different types of cookies plus rice krispy treats, candy, brownies, etc. Plus we didn't even make some of the favorites. You know your Mother is a baker when this is the case. She used to decorate cakes at a bakery, make donuts, cookies etc. Now she works at a kitchen and makes cookies, cakes, breads and things all the time.

Becky

bear74
12-30-2005, 12:08 AM

That was very nice of you.

Steffy
12-30-2005, 12:11 AM
I can so relate to this....I am going to have to go home early from work today because my volunteer who runs the RISO machine(like a printer but uses barrels of ink and masters) to do the weekly bulletins, called in sick. I can handle the machine for a bit, but doing 550 bulletins and the innards...the smell got to me!! Add to that the other machines that I had to use that make noise and I have a lovely migraine!!

Here's pixie dust (the non smelly kind) for Steffy!!

Theresa

pg 1372

Feel Better babytrees!!!! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :love:

bear74
12-30-2005, 12:11 AM

Oh Kate you just keep getting better with every design. I really like that one.

itslisa
12-30-2005, 12:12 AM
I don't think I'm going to bother. :confused3

I live by the word REFUND! There are many things I would not try if they didn't have a refund. But, the refund is what sucks me in to try them! It's sort of like why manufacturers put out coupons and rebates for products.

Anyway, I have no problem with asking for my money back. It may be less than $20, but I didn't feel his site lived up to all *I* thought it was supposed to be.

I won't bash the site -- in that there is a lot of information. BUT I will forever say the site is the most convoluted I have ever seen. I swear, one should have a flare gun or a big orange flag before entering! LOL

Steffy
12-30-2005, 12:13 AM

...snip....

pg 1372

What a great pixie dust moment! Good on you!!! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Steffy
12-30-2005, 12:15 AM

pg 1373

I love this Kate!!! :love:

bear74
12-30-2005, 12:18 AM
Ok I have a question... what time is it where you are? It's 9.30pm here - and I was just wondering what the time differences were for the DDAs...
3:39 p.m. CST their are 4 time zones in the continental US. Eastern, central, Mountain and Pacific.

Steffy
12-30-2005, 12:19 AM
I do have a small claim to fame, though. Way back when, I did a lot of regional theater, and one of the actor's that I dated for a summer was a boy named Jamin Bratt. We had a great time together. I didn't think much of it as we drifted apart after the summer. Imagine my surprise, years later, to turn on the TV and see him in Law and Order. He was going by his full name Benjamin, now, but still as good looking as ever.

pg 1374

This is so cool Glynis! Six degrees of seperation! :goodvibes

tinker1bell
12-30-2005, 12:28 AM

Ok being the Gymnastic fanatic that I am, that is actually a pommel horse that tink is on. You run towards it and jump off the little springboard and do a stunt on the horse and hope you land on your feet.
The balance beam is only about 4 inches wide for your foot to stand on, about 6 to 7 inches deep, (at least when I could grab on to do a backward roll (long time ago) and then i forget how many feet long (it seemed forever) when I was in high school I was just learning how to do a forward roll :rotfl2:
BUT I managed to get first place in my seinor year for a routine that I did on the beam and I didnt fall off like everyone else did (1968) :rotfl:
Looking back, the routine I did was very simple to what one can do on a beam now.

bear74
12-30-2005, 12:29 AM

marcij what a good looking family. What great pictures.

Steffy
12-30-2005, 12:30 AM

pg 1378

Yes, we saw the Lion King. Loved that show! Just loved it. Patrick is married to Page Davis who used to be with Trading Spaces. Anyone know why she is gone???

Eeyorecln
12-30-2005, 12:34 AM
Sounds like a Silpat. I have a "fake" one. I never thought about using it for rolling dough. I DID put it on my cookie sheets for baking though.
It's like a silpat (from the same company) but for rolling dough on instead of baking.

Steffy
12-30-2005, 12:36 AM

pg 1379

Marci, these are great photos! What a great time you were having! Thanks so much for sharing.... :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

bear74
12-30-2005, 12:40 AM

bear74
tink2020
blueyes...

Becky
I think moonbeams is also a Jennifer

bear74
12-30-2005, 12:42 AM
Skunka I had over 40 pages to catch up on when I started reading today. So I was refrencing page numbers so I wouldn't look like to much of a dork responding so late to every one.

julia & nicks mom
12-30-2005, 12:43 AM
Ok being the Gymnastic fanatic that I am, that is actually a pommel horse that tink is on. You run towards it and jump off the little springboard and do a stunt on the horse and hope you land on your feet.
The balance beam is only about 4 inches wide for your foot to stand on, about 6 to 7 inches deep, (at least when I could grab on to do a backward roll (long time ago) and then i forget how many feet long (it seemed forever) when I was in high school I was just learning how to do a forward roll :rotfl2:
BUT I managed to get first place in my seinor year for a routine that I did on the beam and I didnt fall off like everyone else did (1968) :rotfl:
Looking back, the routine I did was very simple to what one can do on a beam now.
that's what I was going for - did I say it was a beam?

ReAnSt
12-30-2005, 12:45 AM
I think moonbeams is also a Jennifer

You are correct, see I knew I would forget at least one, if not more.

Becky

Steffy
12-30-2005, 12:48 AM
Oh I doubt it. I try very hard to stay away from cameras. I spent most of my time inside the home (they were married at the home of some joint friends of ours) nursing twins. The twins were brand new, and I couldn't leave them alone that long without feeding. Love those girls, but they sure cut into my socializing at the wedding.

pg 1382

They did a special on the wedding on TLC called a Wedding Story I think....

Really nice wedding..... :goodvibes

tinker1bell
12-30-2005, 12:51 AM
the name thing here is much like at work.
I answer the phone so when the person is not sure who they need I have to ask a few questions to make sure I get them to the right person.

Terry--me or the maintenance Terry?
Pat--used to be two now only one
Sue---Sue the boss or Sue with sports or Susan with the happy hearts, seinors- now only Sue and Susan
Stephanie--Stephanie or Steph--now only one
Tracy--tracie-sports or tracy-advertising
Jen-- still only one but different departments
Carol--the part-timer or the full timer who is no longer here?

thank goodness there is only one Aida, Awilda, Mary, Lucy -- I could go on. :rotfl2:

Steffy
12-30-2005, 12:52 AM
Did I not tell you guys? Sheesh, blonde brain. :teeth: Yep, we were in ASMo. We went to the parks and dh said he needed to go off by himself. He was gone practically all day. Turns out he got us the honeymoon suite at Polynesian, he had gone back to ASMo, gotten a change of clothes, toothbrushes, hairbrushes, etc. taken them back to Polynesian, then gone back to the parks to meet up with us. We knew his mom was going to watch the girls while we go to dinner that night. He said he couldn't get us into the Kona Cafe or Ohana for that night but he had connections at the Polynesian. :rolleyes: So we head over there and I thought he was taking me to the luau which I wasn't overly thrilled with. I hadn't heard really good things about it and it was kind of rainy. So we're half way to the luau place and he says "here's your room key". So we go walking into Tahiti (If I remember correctly) and he says, we're at the end of this hall. We keep walking by and I see King Kamehaha (or however that's spelled) Suites, Princess someoneorother Suites, and then our #4. He told me it was the honeymoon suite. :teeth: It had a king bed, whirpool tub, great bathroom, concierge (which we didn't really get to take advantage of at all except for getting morning reservations for Ohana). Anyway, we ordered room service, saw the Electric Water Pageant from our lanai, watched TV, then went to bed. Oh, the coolest thing was I walked in the room and there was a full sized Christmas tree in there. I just thought that was so cool. I have pics. I'll have to upload into photobucket when I get back. I need to leave for my birthday dinner. :)

pg 1383

Wow Kelli,

How romantic! I love the Poly. We spent 11 days in the Hawaii building over Christmas last year. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

mgkkgdm
12-30-2005, 12:53 AM
pg 1351

Welcome Princess Nancy...

I don't have time to get over to the other thread. I will tomorrow. Right now I have to catch up with 39 pages and I was up until almost 3:00 am this morning!

Yes, we are a chatty bunch! But very loveable! :love:

Whats with the numbers again?

tinker1bell
12-30-2005, 12:53 AM

no Kate someone else did and the anal part of me had to make sure it was quoted correctly :rotfl:

julia & nicks mom
12-30-2005, 12:55 AM
no Kate someone else did and the anal part of me had to make sure it was quoted correctly :rotfl:
got it!

Steffy
12-30-2005, 12:57 AM

pg 1383

I do it so I don't lose my place. I'm going to bed in 10 minutes and I am still about 15 pages behind. Heaven only knows how far behind I will be until I can check back in tomorrow......

bear74
12-30-2005, 12:59 AM
Whew Finally caught up. Its Midnight here so I am going to bed DH got home about 20 mins ago and wants to check email anyway.

ReAnSt
12-30-2005, 01:01 AM
Whew Finally caught up. Its Midnight here so I am going to bed DH got home about 20 mins ago and wants to check email anyway.

Goodnight Jennifer. I want to go to bed but I am waiting for my DVD's of pictures to finish burning so I can put the final DVD in the burner.

Becky

mgkkgdm
12-30-2005, 01:11 AM
I live by the word REFUND! There are many things I would not try if they didn't have a refund. But, the refund is what sucks me in to try them! It's sort of like why manufacturers put out coupons and rebates for products.

Anyway, I have no problem with asking for my money back. It may be less than $20, but I didn't feel his site lived up to all *I* thought it was supposed to be.

I won't bash the site -- in that there is a lot of information. BUT I will forever say the site is the most convoluted I have ever seen. I swear, one should have a flare gun or a big orange flag before entering! LOL

I know what you mean, I went into a restaurant for dinner last week and the steak I ordered just did not live up to what I thought it would be, thank GOD for refunds. The cocktail that the bartender made for me was delicious.

Thank the LORD bartenders are not obsolete

Steffy
12-30-2005, 01:12 AM

Hi Elin,

I think he said the first one to wait that long to ask for a refund. :goodvibes

I have used him twice. To me, it's the same price as a guidebook and the guidebooks are outdated when you get them. :goodvibes

I love that all his advise is so current. Of course the dis is current too, but I used his advice for Christmas week and only ran into big crowds when we did otherwise. :love: :love:

Steffy
12-30-2005, 01:17 AM
I'm turning in early.
Tummy is acting up.
Catch you all later.
4 day weekend.
So have a few errands to do Friday.
Than just relaxing @ home.

Feel better Brendita!!!! :wizard: :wizard:

mgkkgdm
12-30-2005, 01:21 AM
pg 1383

I do it so I don't lose my place. I'm going to bed in 10 minutes and I am still about 15 pages behind. Heaven only knows how far behind I will be until I can check back in tomorrow......

Hey Steffy:

After you submit a post if you just hit your back button on your browser toolbar up top, twice, it will automaticlly bring you back to where you started.

Paul

tinker1bell
12-30-2005, 01:39 AM
I know what you mean, I went into a restaurant for dinner last week and the steak I ordered just did not live up to what I thought it would be, thank GOD for refunds. The cocktail that the bartender made for me was delicious.

Thank the LORD bartenders are not obsolete

Paul, Don't even get me started on food and drink.

It seems that whenever Steffy and I go out, at least 70% of the time something is wrong with her food. She actually started ordering what I was ordering just so hopefully there would be no problem. Since I have waitressed and also hostessed, I feel I can honestly tip and also I really like to go up to the manager to tell how I feel I was treated either good or bad because I remember liking to hear how I was doing.
It was just something I wanted to do especially down at WDW when we were taken care of above and beyond

Terry

rosiejo
12-30-2005, 02:34 AM
Do you have a drop down window in the bottom left hand corner of the page when you scroll all the way down? From there you can choose different formats for the display. Different colors, etc. One of the choices is DIScreet - Mobile. I believe that this shows something similar to printer friendly mode to be less obvious at work (good thinking webmasters!). I've never used it, but I'd guess that you can respond in that mode.

Thanks for the tip! I'll use this one today :goodvibes

rosiejo
12-30-2005, 02:43 AM
Disney World time, not Disneyland time.

Becky

Thanks for the tip off - my geography is bad but not that bad :rotfl:

:goodvibes :goodvibes

rosiejo
12-30-2005, 02:45 AM

Guys is there anyway to bulk upload photos to photobucket? I'm a basic - free - user and can only see how to browse for files one by one... no way am I gonna do that!

rosiejo
12-30-2005, 02:50 AM
:earseek: Wow! What a fantastic husband you have there

rosiejo
12-30-2005, 02:52 AM

1383 - so those of us catching up can let you guys who are ahead know where we are as our posts will be completely out of context and probably already covered off... like I'm sure this one will be :rotfl2:

Eeyorecln
12-30-2005, 03:06 AM
OK people, I need help!

I have a really bad sinus infection, and I'm waiting for the nurse to call back to tell me if I need to come in or if they'll call something in. Anyway, my ears hurt and itch! Is there an at home remedy I can do for this? I'm going :crazy:
Hope you get some good meds. I've been sick since Christmas and it wasn't until this evening after some good medicine I feel human again. :goodvibes Hope you feel better quick. :goodvibes

Eeyorecln
12-30-2005, 03:17 AM
It sounds like a lovely day. Glad it went well. Your pics. of your kids look great. I have a hard time getting all mine to smile at the same time.

rosiejo
12-30-2005, 04:12 AM
hey no one replies earlied ... what was that Dumbo trick you guys were talking about???

Let me see if I can put it this way IMHO I wouldn't recommend watching wishes from Dumbo - there were a lot of people gathered there one night so we stopped and thought - hey you can see the castle from here let's watch the fireworks. But we couldn't see them properly and even though they switched the music off on dumbo they kept playing the safety warning every three minutes!

rosiejo
12-30-2005, 04:13 AM
Thank you! I'll try that. They just called me in a Z Pack.

English person alert!! What on earth is a Z pack??

rosiejo
12-30-2005, 04:20 AM
But payback is so awful, Clare. DD19 and I both have IBS and she is lactose intolerant. I seem to manage mine better than she does, mainly because I have been dealing with it longer and also because I don't appear to have the lactose intolerance. Even with Lactaid she was sick most of this past trip because she wanted to eat so many of her favorite foods. Finally by day 6 she realized she needed to pick and choose. Things did get marginally better when that happened.

I seem to be missing whole posts even though I think I'm reading everything - I only saw this because Steffy quoted it...

Anyway - I feel for your daughter - I hate missing out on stuff esp on vacation. I try to be really good - I've given up chocolate which I never thought I'd do. the worst is explaining to people why I can't eat stuff. My MIL for instance knows i can't eat dairy - but seems to forget what actually contains dairy and is always offering me forbidden stuff! bless her though she does try.

I tried some lactaid on holiday as it's cheaper than the pills I have at home - and it didn't seem to have any effect ata ll - I was quite low that day after eating - felt extrmely queasy. I can highly recommend Prolatyme forte though from this site www.lactose.co.uk I take one 15 minutes before eating dairy and can manage pizza (easy on the cheese). I usually use one as insurance when eating out because there's hidden lactose in so many things these days.

rosiejo
12-30-2005, 04:22 AM
Clare,
My DD just saw your wedding pics at the bottom of one of your post and she started saying "mommy Princese".

Aww :blush: - that was one of the reasons I loved the FTW so many people stopped to say congratulations and little girls called me a princess - it was magical - and I felt like one too - especially as I think my dress looks like Belle's - my favourite princess :0)

rosiejo
12-30-2005, 04:26 AM
pg 1360

He was supposed to fix that comment last December! You MUST watch Wishes from in front of the castle. No other place. I don't care if you are hip to hip. In front of the castle or nowhere!

To this day my son has no idea why I love Wishes so much because we watched them from Dumbo!!! The next day I watched them from in front of the castle, but he had already left.

Thank goodness it wasn't just me - after all the spot on tips I couldn't believe he could get it soooo wrong - I was in tears - it was the week following our wedding - so our anniversary - and we'd watched wishes on the wedding night and wanted to do it again - we'd saved illuminations for the next night and I was so upset we had to go back to MK and watch wishes properly. i just couldn't go home with such a bad memory in my head (luckily we had seen illuminations once that trip but I would have liked to see it twice)

Sorry if anyone thinks we're breaking rules by discussing this - but if like Steffy says it was going to be removed from the site - and wasn't then I think we're ok - and besides there were lots of people watching wishes from that spot so they can't all be subscribers - so this is just a general IMHO warning to anyone going to MK.

Eeyorecln
12-30-2005, 04:26 AM

It took me a long time to catch up because I am IMing with a friend who has just suffered her 2nd miscarriage in 4 months. She has a D&C scheduled for next week and has to go for pre-op stuff tomorrow. Her DH left to go spend the night at his parents house so he can play golf tomorrow.

Sending a prayer for her. Although it's no excuse, sometimes men deal with things by escaping or ignoring them. Hopefully a friend can go with her if her DH doesn't.

rosiejo
12-30-2005, 04:27 AM
Now I am really impressed - "redraw" her arms?

OMG - I can't figure out how to layer you can redraw her arms?

:rotfl: That's exactly what I was thinking!!!

rosiejo
12-30-2005, 04:29 AM

How awful for your friend - sending PD her way. one thing springs to mind though - how on eartch can her DH think of leaving her to play golf at a time like this??

ksoehrlein
12-30-2005, 06:26 AM
English person alert!! What on earth is a Z pack??
It's an antibiotic. Zithromycin (which I probably spelled wrong). It comes in a pack of 3 or 5 (I think both are available as different prescriptions) and you just take one pill each day until the infection is gone.

PNO4TE
12-30-2005, 08:24 AM

Guys is there anyway to bulk upload photos to photobucket? I'm a basic - free - user and can only see how to browse for files one by one... no way am I gonna do that!

I would like the answer to this question too, Clare! I opened an account there yesterday with the intention of uploading there to post on here, but it was taking me forever. I just put them in Snapfish for now.

PNO4TE
12-30-2005, 08:36 AM
I tried some lactaid on holiday as it's cheaper than the pills I have at home - and it didn't seem to have any effect ata ll - I was quite low that day after eating - felt extrmely queasy. I can highly recommend Prolatyme forte though from this site www.lactose.co.uk I take one 15 minutes before eating dairy and can manage pizza (easy on the cheese). I usually use one as insurance when eating out because there's hidden lactose in so many things these days.

Clare -- I am going to order some of this for her. Looks to me like it is worth trying, at any rate! Have you ever eaten ice cream after taking one of these? I think that is probably the one thing Kristin misses most. She has tried the lactose free ice creams but they are just not quite the same. Thanks for the info and the link.

PNO4TE
12-30-2005, 08:52 AM
Since this is a T-shirt thread I figured I out to post the pictures of the two shirts I made for our December trip. They are on my trip report, but many people dont like to read through those so here you go.

The first one is the shirt I made from one of my favorite MidNite designs for friends who went to MVMCP with us:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/28340IMG_0490-med.JPG

This is not the best picture of the shirts, but this was made from a design of LadyLucca's. I just love it!

http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/28340IMG_0522-med.JPG

Thanks to all the wonderful designers on here who make our trips so magical and personal. The guests and CMs were constantly asking where we got our shirts and I was delighted to tell them all about you :love:

rosiejo
12-30-2005, 09:11 AM
Clare -- I am going to order some of this for her. Looks to me like it is worth trying, at any rate! Have you ever eaten ice cream after taking one of these? I think that is probably the one thing Kristin misses most. She has tried the lactose free ice creams but they are just not quite the same. Thanks for the info and the link.

I've eaten a couple of spoonfulls - i usually get DH to order desert and then I have a little bit of his! I haven't risked any more - I think with all these things you have to take the drugs and then try a little bit - then a bit more to test your boundaries - to be honest even though I used to LOVE ice cream I'd rather go without than face the pain - milk and ice-cream are my worst foods.

I have Swedish Glace dairy free ice cream - not sure if they sell it in the States though - it's made with soya milk and i think it tastes just like the real thing - I did consider buying an ice cream maker until I found SG in my supermarket.

I have heard the whippy ice cream is better than the stuff you scoop as they put lactase enzymes in it to maintain the consistency - and that obviously overides the lactose.

Blueeyes101817
12-30-2005, 09:27 AM
finally caught up!!

the zpack ALWAYS works for me--i may be calling in to get that today

Tammi67
12-30-2005, 09:31 AM
Great pics! Your kids seemed to always be smiling :)
Thank you. Yes, they had a great time.

Tammi67
12-30-2005, 09:35 AM
Thanks, Elin. We were very busy, but a fun busy. Yours has now become a RELAXING time at WDW.

Tammi67
12-30-2005, 09:41 AM
Thanks, Paul! EVERYONE says that Kathrin (DD27) looks like me and Kristin (DD19) looks like Bob. But I look and look at them and only see them. I cannot see the resemblance at all. I think they look exactly like each other. Older DD always wanted a baby "just like her" and I think she got her wish... :love:

Ok, now which in picture is she on the left?

Tammi67
12-30-2005, 09:46 AM

Thanks.

They were cold.:cold: The sun was warm but the air was chilly, prob. like low 60s. They said the pool water was 82deg. but I have a problem believing that. It felt lukewarm to me, and I only stuck my hand in. But they wanted to swim and we were in Disney World, so who was I to argue. They were in for maybe a half hour. Now let me say that the week before we were there it was in the low 70s and now that we are gone, it is in the low 70s again. I think we hit a cold front.

ReAnSt
12-30-2005, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the tip off - my geography is bad but not that bad :rotfl:

:goodvibes :goodvibes

Hey they said Disney time, to me Disney time could be anywhere.

Becky

KMH1
12-30-2005, 09:53 AM
Hey, you have an excuse you're pregnant. Do you mix you cookies by hand? I sure hope not, although my grandmother still does even though she has a very nice electric mixer and a bad heart. She made like 4 different types. When we found out we were quite irritated at her because it wore her out. Heck mixing cookies by hand would wear me out.

My Nana on the other hand can't make cookies anymore but we found in her old cook books, a piece of paper with years from the late 60s and early 70s of every type of cookie she made, on what date and how many of each type. I can't believe she had the patience to count all of them and write it down. I sure wish we had the recipes for some of them though but unfortunately we don't.

I could never imagine only making one type or even 3-4 types of cookies. My Mom and I probably made 20 different types of cookies plus rice krispy treats, candy, brownies, etc. Plus we didn't even make some of the favorites. You know your Mother is a baker when this is the case. She used to decorate cakes at a bakery, make donuts, cookies etc. Now she works at a kitchen and makes cookies, cakes, breads and things all the time.

Becky

My mom gave me her "old" electric mixer (which was only two years old) and it's awesome. My cut-out cookie dough is way to stiff to stir by hand. The only thing I stir by hand is pancake mix and brownie mix. :teeth:

My mom also makes about 15-20 kinds of cookies, but we never get to work together, since she lives 4 hours away. I understand her need for variety, but she needs to stick to only one batch of each kind...she has way too many leftovers! Of course, it's awesome that EVERYONE walks away with lots of cookies.

That's not my style though. There are too many other things going on at the holidays that I like to focus on too. I stick to making my favorite things, and make sure I have time for other things besides baking. :goodvibes

I was definitely exhausted this year, being in my first trimester, and I can only imagine how hectic things will be next year with a 2 1/2 year old and a 6 month old. :rotfl:

Tammi67
12-30-2005, 09:54 AM

To me, that didn't sound like a nasty reply from TGM. I am glad he honored he refund policy for you.

Tammi67
12-30-2005, 09:55 AM
Immediately call customer service and have them apply the discount.

Tammi67
12-30-2005, 10:09 AM
ESPECIALLY with the holiday ones, where they launch fireworks from various places. Ooh, and all the stuff on the castle. I agree, you HAVE to be able to at least see it all from the front.
I have had him since summer and he does NOT recommend Dumbo, from my interpretation of it.

Tammi67
12-30-2005, 10:11 AM

Oh poor thing. I can't imagine. I think I would kill my DH if he acted that way.

tink2020
12-30-2005, 10:19 AM
Just as an FYI, Mike does still reccommend an area near Dumbo. He goes into really specific detail, so I don't mind posting that much here. But I just checked, and it's still there. He definitely states somewhere else as his first choice, but he raves about this spot as well.

Sorry that it didn't work for you Clare.... but I'm glad you got to go back and see Wishes properly :goodvibes

my3princes
12-30-2005, 10:21 AM
Good morning all. Checking in to see what everyone is up to today. I hope that everyone gets out of this illness curse that we seem to have. It does however seem that fewer people are sick now.

Colby is on my lap and wants to use the smilies so here is Colby's message:
:earsgirl: :earseek: ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo :banana: :flower: :cool1: :dog2: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :jumping1: :bounce: :jumping3: :jumping2: :disrocks: :charac4: :fish:

He wants to know what all the other 3 year olds are doing for New Year's Eve. I'm sure that he will be sleeping as when it gets dark he tells us that it's time for him to go to bed. We usually have to force him to stay up until 8 or he will be up way to early in the AM. The older 2 boys have been practicing staying up until midnight all week. I think they have it nailed as I went to bed before them last night :flower: As soon as they learn to type they would fit right in on the midnight posting parties. Apparently the are going to be night owls like mom. The advantage for them is that they don't have to get up in the morning on vacation days. It's almost 10:30 now and they're still sleeping. I didn't think that would happen until they became teenagers :goodvibes . Oh well, I've been getting plenty of quality time with Colby in the mornings. I think I'm his favorite toy.

Deb

babytrees
12-30-2005, 10:21 AM
Here's a piece of stupid trivia for you... Patty LuPone was Evita. My dad taught her when she was in High School. I told you it was stupid trivia....

You all move to fast for a sick girl!! :rotfl:

I am going to try and catch up tonight but I just wanted to comment on this:

Marti we LOVE Patty LuPone in my house, awesome little bit of trivia!!

Theresa

PNO4TE
12-30-2005, 10:32 AM
Ok, now which in picture is she on the left?

LOL :rotfl:

I forgot I added another picture to my signature! On the Epcot picture DD27 is on the left, on the MK picture she is on the right.

PNO4TE
12-30-2005, 10:36 AM
I have had him since summer and he does NOT recommend Dumbo, from my interpretation of it.

You are right, Tammi. We are on our 4th subscription to TGM and he has changed his prime viewing area for Wishes. It is no longer near Dumbo. However... we have watched Wishes from there and enjoyed it in a different way.

julia & nicks mom
12-30-2005, 10:39 AM
you guys - photobucket has an uploader program

http://photobucket.com/tutorials/upload.php/

PNO4TE
12-30-2005, 10:49 AM

Thanks a bunch, Kate! :Pinkbounc

Tammi67
12-30-2005, 10:51 AM
Just as an FYI, Mike does still reccommend an area near Dumbo. He goes into really specific detail, so I don't mind posting that much here. But I just checked, and it's still there. He definitely states somewhere else as his first choice, but he raves about this spot as well.

Sorry that it didn't work for you Clare.... but I'm glad you got to go back and see Wishes properly :goodvibes
You are right. I had just gone back and read it too. NEAR dumbo. That is not in his TOP recommendations though, which is why it never even crossed my mind.

itslisa
12-30-2005, 10:53 AM
Paul, Don't even get me started on food and drink.

Oh yeah -- I have no problem sending something back at a restaurant too -- most of the time. The exception, was when we were at Outback's last month. DH and I both ordered prime rib -- rare. His was perfect! Mine was not only overcooked but it was more than 1/3 FAT! (closer to half)

Now, I know prime rib is a fatty cut, but that wa ridiculous! Service was so s-l-o-w and Ben looked like he wasn't feeling so well all of a sudden -- so I just decided it wasn't worth it.

A day or so later, I emailed them through their website. IN the end, I got a phone call apologizing and I got vouchers for a dinner for two in the mail.

Now, I don't complain to get "free stuff". But, if I purchase something, I have a certain level of expectation. KWIM? I don't have the same expectation of a McDonald's hamburger as I do an Outback burger ......

Anyway .... business offer refunds or replacements to KEEP your business - for future visits

itslisa
12-30-2005, 10:56 AM
Let me see if I can put it this way IMHO I wouldn't recommend watching wishes from Dumbo - there were a lot of people gathered there one night so we stopped and thought - hey you can see the castle from here let's watch the fireworks. But we couldn't see them properly and even though they switched the music off on dumbo they kept playing the safety warning every three minutes!

OMG That's HORRIBLE!!!

Tammi67
12-30-2005, 10:59 AM
LOL :rotfl:

I forgot I added another picture to my signature! On the Epcot picture DD27 is on the left, on the MK picture she is on the right.
I figured when you originally posted that there was only one picture. They are both beautiful girls. But now I am glad that I know who is whom.

tinknme
12-30-2005, 10:59 AM
I sent them an email, we will see what happens :goodvibes

Immediately call customer service and have them apply the discount.

Tammi67
12-30-2005, 11:04 AM
I sent them an email, we will see what happens :goodvibes
I would call and speak with a real human being.

Tammi67
12-30-2005, 11:05 AM
Anyone heard from Denise lately? She must be busy doing family stuff this time of year.

MinnieMouseMom
12-30-2005, 11:06 AM

Oh my goodness, your poor friend. :goodvibes

itslisa
12-30-2005, 11:07 AM
I was definitely exhausted this year, being in my first trimester, and I can only imagine how hectic things will be next year with a 2 1/2 year old and a 6 month old.

LOL ... I see a play pen and a little girl dying to crack eggs!!!!

my3princes
12-30-2005, 11:08 AM
Anyone heard from Denise lately? She must be busy doing family stuff this time of year.

She was on last night. Her day with the In laws went well. I think she was even caught up on the thread.

Deb

itslisa
12-30-2005, 11:12 AM
He wants to know what all the other 3 year olds are doing for New Year's Eve. I'm sure that he will be sleeping as when it gets dark he tells us that it's time for him to go to bed.

You could plan an 8:00 celebration for him .....

KMH1
12-30-2005, 11:13 AM

Denise is sick again. The whole family keeps spreading those yucky germs back and forth. Feel better Denise! :goodvibes

itslisa
12-30-2005, 11:14 AM

Cool! I haven't put my photos up yet for that VERY reason!

itslisa
12-30-2005, 11:16 AM
Denise is sick again. The whole family keeps spreading those yucky germs back and forth. Feel better Denise! :goodvibes

Definitely! :grouphug: Hope everyone starts feeling better soon!

MinnieMouseMom
12-30-2005, 11:25 AM
Tahiti is the LAST one out. Any further and you're in the TTC!

What a great guy!!!!

I'm a dork. LOL It was Tonga :blush:

Here's the pics. You can click on them to see them bigger.

*The first 3 are the room
*Then my own personal cabana boy filling my tub. Can you believe this is the closest picture of the tub I got? :confused3
*The tree lit up
*The Electric Water Pageant from our lanai
*The next 3 are the view from our lanai the next morning
*The last 2 are the view from Ohana from our table

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/th_polyroom.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/polyroom.jpg)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/th_polyroom2.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/polyroom2.jpg)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/th_polyroom3.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/polyroom3.jpg)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/th_polycabanaboy.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/polycabanaboy.jpg)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/th_polytreedark.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/polytreedark.jpg)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/th_polyelecwaterpageant.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/polyelecwaterpageant.jpg)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/th_polymarina.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/polymarina.jpg)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/th_polyvolcanopool.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/polyvolcanopool.jpg)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/th_polyspacemountain.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/polyspacemountain.jpg)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/th_polyohanacastle.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/polyohanacastle.jpg)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/th_polyohanacastle2.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/polyohanacastle2.jpg)

MinnieMouseMom
12-30-2005, 11:26 AM

Oh no! Not again! :( :grouphug:

mgkkgdm
12-30-2005, 11:30 AM
Thanks, Elin. We were very busy, but a fun busy. Yours has now become a RELAXING time at WDW.

Tammi you will find the more you go and enjoy your DVC points the more the trips will be relaxing. You have just about set yourself up for at least 1 trip a year until 2054.

mgkkgdm
12-30-2005, 11:40 AM
Oh yeah -- I have no problem sending something back at a restaurant too -- most of the time. The exception, was when we were at Outback's last month. DH and I both ordered prime rib -- rare. His was perfect! Mine was not only overcooked but it was more than 1/3 FAT! (closer to half)

Now, I know prime rib is a fatty cut, but that wa ridiculous! Service was so s-l-o-w and Ben looked like he wasn't feeling so well all of a sudden -- so I just decided it wasn't worth it.

A day or so later, I emailed them through their website. IN the end, I got a phone call apologizing and I got vouchers for a dinner for two in the mail.

Now, I don't complain to get "free stuff". But, if I purchase something, I have a certain level of expectation. KWIM? I don't have the same expectation of a McDonald's hamburger as I do an Outback burger ......

Anyway .... business offer refunds or replacements to KEEP your business - for future visits

Go figure, the squeeky wheel always gets the oil.

itslisa
12-30-2005, 11:40 AM

NIce pics!

And speaking of Tonga ...............

Does anyone know how to make Tonga Toast at home???

From what I understand, they deep fry it. I don't have a deep fryer.
Do you think it could be made like grilled cheese? Any thoughts????

bear74
12-30-2005, 11:43 AM

Here's the pics. You can click on them to see them bigger.

*The first 3 are the room
*Then my own personal cabana boy filling my tub. Can you believe this is the closest picture of the tub I got? :confused3
*The tree lit up
*The Electric Water Pageant from our lanai
*The next 3 are the view from our lanai the next morning
*The last 2 are the view from Ohana from our table

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/th_polyroom.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/polyroom.jpg)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/th_polyroom2.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/polyroom2.jpg)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/th_polyroom3.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/polyroom3.jpg)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/th_polycabanaboy.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/polycabanaboy.jpg)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/th_polytreedark.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/polytreedark.jpg)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/th_polyelecwaterpageant.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/polyelecwaterpageant.jpg)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/th_polymarina.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/polymarina.jpg)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/th_polyvolcanopool.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/polyvolcanopool.jpg)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/th_polyspacemountain.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/polyspacemountain.jpg)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/th_polyohanacastle.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/polyohanacastle.jpg)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/th_polyohanacastle2.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/ks2girlz/polyohanacastle2.jpg)
very nice pictures.

Tammi67
12-30-2005, 11:47 AM
Tammi you will find the more you go and enjoy your DVC points the more the trips will be relaxing. You have just about set yourself up for at least 1 trip a year until 2054.
:banana::banana::banana:

Tammi67
12-30-2005, 11:50 AM
NIce pics!

And speaking of Tonga ...............

Does anyone know how to make Tonga Toast at home???

From what I understand, they deep fry it. I don't have a deep fryer.
Do you think it could be made like grilled cheese? Any thoughts????
Tonga Toast (Banana Stuffed French Toast)

from the Polynesian Resort

2 or 4 slices sourdough bread cut 1 inch thick
1 banana
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
oil for frying
whipped butter if desired
Maple syrup if desired

Depending on the size of the bread slices, cut a 1 inch pocket in one side of the bread slice.

Cut banana in half crosswise, then split each piece lengthwise. Remove peel and stuff 2 pieces in each pocket, again depending on size. Set aside.

Mix sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.

Mix egg, milk and vanilla until well blended.

Heat about 4 inches of oil in a pan to 350 F.

Dip stuffed bread into egg mixture, allowing it to soak in for a few minutes. Fry in hot oil until lightly brown, turning to brown both sides. Drain on paper towels on cake rack. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar and serve at once. Top as desired.

Tammi67
12-30-2005, 11:51 AM

Poor things. Get well all you figs!

Tammi67
12-30-2005, 11:53 AM
Nice pictures, Kelli. Thanks for sharing.

itslisa
12-30-2005, 11:56 AM
Tonga Toast (Banana Stuffed French Toast)

Heat about 4 inches of oil in a pan to 350 F.

OK ... do you think if this was NOT fried in oil it would tast almost the same? I am NOT big on the oil part. I mean .. I make french toast without deep frying it. :)

Tammi67
12-30-2005, 12:01 PM
I don't know. I haven't eaten either of them. I just knew where to go to get the recipe.

rosiejo
12-30-2005, 12:07 PM

Tammi - can you please repost the link to your photos - I just upgraded my browser and it lost all my open windows :badpc:

itslisa
12-30-2005, 12:09 PM
I guess it can't hurt to try. I HAD to try Tonga Toast since I hear so many good things about it. It had a bit too much sugar for my taste, and I could have NEVER added the maple syrup on top of it ... but man was it tasty! I LOVE bananas.

itslisa
12-30-2005, 12:11 PM
Amazon Friday sale

Disney's Spode Christmas Tree Celebration Canape Set

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009W7Q6A/ref=br_lf_outlet_7/103-5402132-9177439?n=548166&s=outlet&v=glance

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0009W7Q6A.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I have no idea if this is a good price or not -- just sharing the info ....

rosiejo
12-30-2005, 12:11 PM

My interpretation was that he recommended it for an old display - then decided against it for a new one - and then decided actually it worked aft all if you didn't mind turning your head. It would have been better if he hadn't mentioned it at all and we wouldn't have even considered it!

Although - I thought the rest of his advice was spot on.

Tammi67
12-30-2005, 12:12 PM
Tammi - can you please repost the link to your photos - I just upgraded my browser and it lost all my open windows :badpc:
Here it is:

Tammi67
12-30-2005, 12:13 PM
I guess it can't hurt to try. I HAD to try Tonga Toast since I hear so many good things about it. It had a bit too much sugar for my taste, and I could have NEVER added the maple syrup on top of it ... but man was it tasty! I LOVE bananas.
Well let me know if you make it at home and how it compares to Disney's.

rosiejo
12-30-2005, 12:14 PM

:cheer2: Thanks Kate - I used a trial of pixagogo just to get my ceremony pictures up and it's about to expire - a full year costs $50 :cheer2: :faint:

OT - why do the smilies keep moving around - I can never find the one I want to use!!!! :badpc:

Tammi67
12-30-2005, 12:15 PM
My interpretation was that he recommended it for an old display - then decided against it for a new one - and then decided actually it worked aft all if you didn't mind turning your head. It would have been better if he hadn't mentioned it at all and we wouldn't have even considered it!

Although - I thought the rest of his advice was spot on.
I think you are right. I'm sorry you listened to that part of his advice.

itslisa
12-30-2005, 12:16 PM
Just a quick FYI .... Amazon carries MORE of those Spode Disney pieces. search on Disney + Spode, but dont use quotes cuz they changed the order in some titles. Some pieces are half off.

mgkkgdm
12-30-2005, 12:17 PM
Well let me know if you make it at home and how it compares to Disney's.

If she does not like it who does she complain to?

itslisa
12-30-2005, 12:19 PM
HAVE to post this one ...

Disney's Spode Christmas Tree Celebration Cookies for Santa Plate

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009W7Q60/qid=1135962997/sr=1-24/ref=sr_1_24/103-5402132-9177439?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=284507

List Price: $43.00
Price: $19.99 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0009W7Q60.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

rosiejo
I think you are right. I'm sorry you listened to that part of his advice.

Oh well - I'll know not to next time - and hey it gives me a reason to badger DH into another trip :goodvibes

Thanks for the link BTW - just off to have a nosey :)

itslisa

Ya know ... I'm beginning to take this personally. ;)

Tammi67
12-30-2005, 12:20 PM
Unfortunately it sounds like the complaint would go to me, since I posted the recipe???!! :guilty:

itslisa
12-30-2005, 12:21 PM
OK .. well I have to go and check on showtimes for Cheaper by the Dozen 2.

My DS is NOT happy that he got snowshoes for Hanukkah last night ... and the rain has now taken all the snow away!

mgkkgdm
12-30-2005, 12:22 PM
Ya know ... I'm beginning to take this personally. ;)

What ever are you talking about?

Mr. Skunkas Complaint Department is CLOSED...

KMH1
12-30-2005, 12:25 PM
HAVE to post this one ...

Disney's Spode Christmas Tree Celebration Cookies for Santa Plate

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009W7Q60/qid=1135962997/sr=1-24/ref=sr_1_24/103-5402132-9177439?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=284507

List Price: $43.00
Price: $19.99 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0009W7Q60.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

We got this one from my FIL for Christmas.

--Kevin

Steffy
12-30-2005, 12:49 PM
Since this is a T-shirt thread I figured I out to post the pictures of the two shirts I made for our December trip. They are on my trip report, but many people dont like to read through those so here you go.

The first one is the shirt I made from one of my favorite MidNite designs for friends who went to MVMCP with us:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/28340IMG_0490-med.JPG

This is not the best picture of the shirts, but this was made from a design of LadyLucca's. I just love it!

http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/28340IMG_0522-med.JPG

Thanks to all the wonderful designers on here who make our trips so magical and personal. The guests and CMs were constantly asking where we got our shirts and I was delighted to tell them all about you :love:

Your shirts look great. You all look so happy. I love going that time of year.!

:love: :love:

ReAnSt
12-30-2005, 01:00 PM
Well it looks like I will miss another milestone. Since I have to leave for work and we are at post 20977. Congratulations to whoever claims post 21,000.

Becky

Steffy
12-30-2005, 01:19 PM

Wow Kate, what a great tip. Thanks!

Steffy
12-30-2005, 01:22 PM

ITA.

We went to dinner (my DGD and I) yesterday and her burger was burnt. We sent it back and watched them cook the next one. :goodvibes :goodvibes

My DGD and I decided, after 2 meals in a row with problems, that we were going to the grocer and cook a few meals.... :teeth:

rosiejo
12-30-2005, 01:28 PM
Anyone in need of any new fonts? I just found this site http://www.scrapvillage.com/fonts.htm

There's a wide range :goodvibes

disneyeveryyear
12-30-2005, 02:09 PM

Sorry Kate, I think I called it a beam. I know better. :blush:

disneyeveryyear
12-30-2005, 02:20 PM
How awful for your friend - sending PD her way. one thing springs to mind though - how on eartch can her DH think of leaving her to play golf at a time like this??

Because it's his vacation and he had planned to play golf, and everything is ruining his vacation. She had a sonogram done Tuesday and that is when they determined that the fetus wasn't really there - just a sac. She was a basket-case. He went to the Dr. with her, but as soon as they got home, he went to play golf.

Thank goodness my DH isn't like that. He doesn't normally go to the Dr. with me, but if and when I need him, he is there. When I suffered my miscarriage at WDW in 1997, he offered to stay home from classes and be with me all day. I sent him anyway (even drove him there). But if I had needed him to be with me, he would have stayed all day and done whatever I needed.

triplefigs
12-30-2005, 02:21 PM
Hi, all. Just home from the doctor. I have pneumonia via the x-ray. On tons of meds including inhalers, strong antibiotics, decongestants, pain meds, and good cough syrup. I may not be around for a couple of days. DH and the kids are on antibiotics too.

Oh, we finally settled on dates for our trip. Going Dec 15-22 next year so the kids don't miss school. It's just too hard for Rees. So, I'll need TONS of advice (specific park plans and what you did this year on what days) from Tammi and Elin (or anybody else who has been the week before Christmas). And Skunka and Marti, we'll get to have a beer now! ;)

KMH1
12-30-2005, 02:29 PM
Hi, all. Just home from the doctor. I have pneumonia via the x-ray. On tons of meds including inhalers, strong antibiotics, decongestants, pain meds, and good cough syrup. I may not be around for a couple of days. DH and the kids are on antibiotics too.

Sending lots of pixie dust for a quick recovery. Hopefully all those meds will kick in and get you and your family well!!! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

KMH1
12-30-2005, 02:30 PM
Because it's his vacation and he had planned to play golf, and everything is ruining his vacation. She had a sonogram done Tuesday and that is when they determined that the fetus wasn't really there - just a sac. She was a basket-case. He went to the Dr. with her, but as soon as they got home, he went to play golf.

All I can say is UGH! :guilty:

Amy

my3princes
12-30-2005, 02:32 PM
New recipe: DDA grilled cheese sandwiches.

First turn your pan on Med High to get it nice and hot. Add a couple of tablespoons of butter to the pan when you turn it on. Go back to the computer and read some posts. It's best done when kgkdgdm is posting as you must read the next post and the next. After 5 minutes or so go back to the stove. Place 4 slice of bread flat into the pan. Put the cheese on each slice of bread. Start buttering one side of 4 more slices of bread. You can do this while walking back and forth to the computer. As you butter each slice put it butter side up on one slice of the cooking bread/cheese. After you get a slice or 2 buttered notice that smoke is coming from the pan. Quickly turn over the complete sandwich and pile the others on top as now the cheese is melted and the rest of the bread isn't ready so what the h*ll are you going to do with it? Oh stick two of the cooked halves together and quickly get the last one topped. Wait, now both side of the first one is burnt, and since their is one made up of 2 burnt halves you get them out of the pan asap. By now the 3rd sandwich is sufficiently black. Since the kids won't eat them if they are at all burnt you can walk over to the sink and use a knife to scrape off as much black as possible. These are best done when you have no more cheese in the fridge so you can't make more. I must note that I don't think I've quite mastered this yet as I didn't manage to make the smoke detector go off to wake the baby. Better luck next time.

Please note that I will not be taking complaints on this recipe as you will need to adapt the recipe to your connection speed and how fast you read/run. Also if mgkkdgm or Amy isn't on you might not find yourself as glued to the screen.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Deb

my3princes
12-30-2005, 02:34 PM

Oh, we finally settled on dates for our trip. Going Dec 15-22 next year so the kids don't miss school. It's just too hard for Rees. So, I'll need TONS of advice (specific park plans and what you did this year on what days) from Tammi and Elin (or anybody else who has been the week before Christmas). And Skunka and Marti, we'll get to have a beer now! ;)

You poor girl. I think it's been months since you all felt well. :wizard: :wizard: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Feel better fast and enjoy the good meds.

Deb

Steffy
12-30-2005, 02:35 PM

Get better Denise!!! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

I like your trip dates...... :love: :love: Of course I love all trip dates.... :love: :love: :love:

rosiejo
12-30-2005, 02:37 PM

Hope you get better real quick Denise. We'll try not to make too much noise - or talk too much - so you can catch up :goodvibes

Great news for the trip though!