PDA

View Full Version : ***Disney Design Addict's Chit Chat,Designs and Pixie Dust! Everybody WELCOME!*** Part 5

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

bengalbelle
12-29-2005, 10:18 AM
OK people, I need help!

I have a really bad sinus infection, and I'm waiting for the nurse to call back to tell me if I need to come in or if they'll call something in. Anyway, my ears hurt and itch! Is there an at home remedy I can do for this? I'm going :crazy:

triplefigs
12-29-2005, 10:20 AM
Denise --

I can tell you that the crowds increased exponentially on a daily basis from 12/17-12/25. We had no trouble at all doing things at the beginning of our trip and by the end it was very crowded. Still got things done... just took a lot longer.

That being said... we will still go back again Christmas week next year!

BTW -- I thought of you at MCO on Monday evening. There was a young couple with identical triplet boys in the security line. They had on Elmo sweatshirts and were as adorable as they could be!

Thanks, Elin. We are really debating when to go. We are even considering going over Thanksgiving so that we don't have to deal with my in-laws at ALL!~

tink2020
12-29-2005, 10:21 AM
Here's a link to Kelli's official birthday thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=10980177#post10980177

Amy :)

Thanks for posting that! I kept remembering (and then forgetting) to look for it :blush:

triplefigs
12-29-2005, 10:21 AM
This is one of my favorites:

YOU KNOW YOU WERE A LITTLE GIRL IN THE 70'S IF.....

You wore that rainbow shirt that had half-sleeves, and a rainbow that went up one sleeve, across your chest, and down the other.

You made baby chocolate cakes in Your Easy Bake Oven. You washed them down with snow cones from Your Snoopy Snow Cone Machine.

You had that Fisher Price Doctor's Kit with a stethoscope that actually worked.
You owned a bicycle with a banana seat, handlebar streamers, and a basket.

You owned roller skates with metal wheels. (Maybe even the one's that attached over top of your shoes!)

You thought Gopher from The Love Boat was cute. (Admit it!)
You had nightmares after watching Fantasy Island.

You had rubber boots for rainy/snowy days - remember Moon Boots?
(Then you advanced to Duck Shoes in the 80s.)

You had an orange Tupperware lunchbox, or a metal Muppets lunchbox with matching thermos.
You had either a "bowl cut" or a "pixie", not to mention the "Dorothy Hamill". How traumatic when people thought that you were a boy.
Your Holly Hobbie sleeping bag was your most prized possession.

You wore a poncho, gauchos, and knickers.

You begged Santa for the electronic game, Simon. (of course Nancy got it!! :rolleyes: )

You had the Donnie and Marie dolls with those pink and purple shredded outfits.

You spent hours out back on your metal swing set with the trapeze.

You had homemade ribbon barrettes in every imaginable color.

You had a pair of Doctor Scholl's sandals (the ones with hard sole & the buckle).

You wanted to be Laura Ingalls Wilder really badly. You wore that Little House on the Prairie-inspired plaid, ruffle shirt with the high neck in at least one school picture; and you despised Nellie Olson!

You wanted your first kiss to be at the roller rink.

Your hairstyle was described as having "wings" and You kept it "pretty" with the rainbow/purple/pink plastic comb you kept in your back pocket.

You know who Strawberry Shortcake is, as well as who her friends; Blueberry Muffin, Apple Dumpling, and Huckleberry Pie were.
You and your girlfriends would fight over which of the Dukes of Hazzard was your boyfriend.

Every now and then "It's A Hard Knock Life" from the movie, "Annie" will pop into your brain and you can't stop singing it the whole day.
You had Star Wars action figures.

It was a big event in your household each year when the "Wizard of Oz" would come on TV. Your mom would break out the popcorn and sleeping bags!

You had the "Wizard of Oz" doll set , too.

You had subscriptions to Dynamite and Tiger Beat.

You asked your Magic-8 Ball the question: "Who will I marry...Shaun Cassidy, Leif Garrett, or Rick Springfield?"

You completely wore out your "Grease", "Saturday Night Fever", and "Fame" soundtrack albums.

You tried to do lots of arts and crafts things, like yarn and Popsicle stick God's Eyes or those weird potholders made on a plastic loom.

You made Shrinky-Dinks!

You used to tape record songs off the radio by holding your portable tape recorder up to the speaker.

You couldn't wait to get the free animal poster that came when you ordered books from the Weekly Reader book club.

You learned everything you needed to know about girl's issues from Judy Blume books like; "Are You there God? It's me, Margaret."

You thought Olivia Newton John's song, "Physical" was about aerobics. :rotfl:
You wore friendship pins on your tennis shoes, or shoelaces with heart or rainbow designs.

You wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer.

You had a Big Wheel with a brake on the side, and a Sit-n-Spin.

I decided to bold everything that applied to me - and realized I really only need the Snoopy snow cone machine and Wizard of oz dolls!!!!

AMEN! I think I had all of it too!!! Especially the Dorothy Hammill haircut. I had the DH ice skating doll and rink too. She was cool!

tinknme
12-29-2005, 10:23 AM
I was thinking about having a design made for us to wear one day. There will be 7 us, just not sure what to have on it.

That's awesome! Have a great time. You need to make shirts!

tink2020
12-29-2005, 10:25 AM
OK people, I need help!

I have a really bad sinus infection, and I'm waiting for the nurse to call back to tell me if I need to come in or if they'll call something in. Anyway, my ears hurt and itch! Is there an at home remedy I can do for this? I'm going :crazy:

Feel better soon! :wizard:

triplefigs
I am going to go read in a bit - but I wanted to post - so I had to make a choice!!

I feel REALLY bad for Denise - here she has probably had a bad day and will come home to a gazillion pages to read -

I know you were all were just trying to irritate me - but you actually probably ended up hurting Denise who is probably tired and worn out and was looking forward to coming on here tomorrow and chatting with us and celebrating 20,000 - but now on top of having to spend a horrible day with her MIL - she missed it - I bet you all feel like crap now!!!

HA! It's taking me forever to catch up. Y'all picked the wrong day to go chatty on me! :rotfl:

julia & nicks mom
OK people, I need help!

Oh Dawn - I am so sorry - sending you tons and tons of Pixie Dust

the only thing I find that will possible help you is drugs - lots of them!!! :teeth:

YOu should take dayquil and motrin and have a nice large glass of whine - oops I mean wine with it!! :rotfl:

MinnieMouseMom
12-29-2005, 10:27 AM
OK people, I need help!

I hope they call soon and get you meds!! :goodvibes

itslisa
12-29-2005, 10:27 AM
I can't believe I hacen't posted much about my trip yet -- just in "catch up" mode all the time. LOL

OK ... we'll go straight to the BEST moment!

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c319/pxydust/merlin.jpg

Yes! Benjamin was chosen to be KING OF THE REALM! I swear my knees nearly buckled under me! :) (sad but true!)

DH and I had a bit of an argument on our first day at MK -- the day Ben was wearing his King Arthur shirt .... and we never made it over to the show. :( The second day we went, I was determined.

We went over about 10 minutes before the show. At first, Ben didn't want to. He was sad and said that Merlin never picks him and it makes him so sad. (what can you say to that!) Somehow, I convinced him to give it ONE more try.

This particular day, the three of us had on the bubble letter shirts that Kate created. When we got over there, Ben HAD to try to pull the sword out. Of course, no budge. I called him down. We had a quick talk about what I had learned here. I told him to be as still as he could. To watch the show - and enjoy it. :) Oh, and I HAD made a scrapbook page for Merlin!

OK ... so we handed Ben the clipboard with the Merlin page. I told him to hold it facing OUT. About halfway through the show, I took it from him (didn't want his hands to NOT be free). He was amazingly still throughout the show. (I have never seen him this still for this long!)

And then it was time to choose. My DH tried to point out Ben! I swiftly but discreetly pulled his hand down! And then he was PICKED!! I swear, my knees nearly buckled under me --- I was SO excited for him!!!!

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 10:28 AM
My DH just said, "I have SHOES older than her!!!"

Lisa -- That is one of my DH's favorite sayings!

triplefigs
12-29-2005, 10:29 AM
Bartended tonight and tips sucked. Not much action in the lounge. Everyone apparently was there to eat. :goodvibes . People just don't drink as much as they used to. :confused3

Deb

That would not be the case when the DDA gets together!

itslisa
12-29-2005, 10:31 AM
I was thinking about having a design made for us to wear one day. There will be 7 us, just not sure what to have on it.

I like the bubble letters! They work wel for boys and girls. We put the name on front and WDW on the back.

itslisa
12-29-2005, 10:32 AM
That would not be the case when the DDA gets together!

Not as long as we were in a hotel bar and only had to stumble UP to our rooms!!!! We can hire babysitters, right?????

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 10:32 AM
ELin -

I missed you - I am glad you are back!!!

Thanks, Kate! I missed you and the others a lot too. The T-shirts were a BIG hit everywhere we wore them. More on that later...

triplefigs
12-29-2005, 10:34 AM
The "uncle jesse" was Full house uncle jessee!

Thank goodness. I was just visualizing old Uncle Jesse with Cooter watching in the corner...

MinnieMouseMom
12-29-2005, 10:34 AM
I can't believe I hacen't posted much about my trip yet -- just in "catch up" mode all the time. LOL

Yes! Benjamin was chosen to be KING OF THE REALM! I swear my knees nearly buckled under me! :) (sad but true!)

DH and I had a bit of an argument on our first day at MK -- the day Ben was wearing his King Arthur shirt .... and we never made it over to the show. :( The second day we went, I was determined.

We went over about 10 minutes before the show. At first, Ben didn't want to. He was sad and said that Merlin never picks him and it makes him so sad. (what can you say to that!) Somehow, I convinced him to give it ONE more try.

This particular day, the three of us had on the bubble letter shirts that Kate created. When we got over there, Ben HAD to try to pull the sword out. Of course, no budge. I called him down. We had a quick talk about what I had learned here. I told him to be as still as he could. To watch the show - and enjoy it. :) Oh, and I HAD made a scrapbook page for Merlin!

OK ... so we handed Ben the clipboard with the Merlin page. I told him to hold it facing OUT. About halfway through the show, I took it from him (didn't want his hands to NOT be free). He was amazingly still throughout the show. (I have never seen him this still for this long!)

And then it was time to choose. My DH tried to point out Ben! I swiftly but discreetly pulled his hand down! And then he was PICKED!! I swear, my knees nearly buckled under me --- I was SO excited for him!!!!

Congrats, Ben!! :wizard:

MinnieMouseMom
12-29-2005, 10:35 AM
Thank goodness. I was just visualizing old Uncle Jesse with Cooter watching in the corner...
:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

triplefigs
12-29-2005, 10:36 AM
See....I didn't think it was noticably bad until the 24th. We followed TGMs "best day" calendar and his tour plans.

We would go the 16-22 of December of go over Thanksgiving.

triplefigs
12-29-2005, 10:40 AM
Denise, you're back. How did it go?

Deb

Well all the prayers and PD worked! It went perfectly, and needless to say, DH and I were so relieved. Nothing was said, everyone was pleasant, the kids had a ball. The best part is we went to visit DH's grandmother (she has Alzheimer's) in the Assisted Living Home. They were all having a sing-along. Well my kids just jumped right in, did a "show" for all the people there, danced, did tumbling exercises. Then they all 3 proceeded to go around the room at least 3 times and give every single resident a huge hug and kiss, sit in their laps, etc. You have never seen a group of old people with bigger smiles and you could just feel the love exploding in that room. The kids had a blast and kept saying they loved playing with all the grandmas and grandpas. My DH was in heaven. It turned out to be a perfectly lovely day, and I am so grateful it did.

triplefigs
12-29-2005, 10:40 AM
Thanks for that walk down memory lane, Kate. I think all but 3 or so apply to me! Now you got that stupid Annie song in my head!

I played Miss Hannigan in Annie. Talk about not getting the songs out of your head!

bengalbelle
12-29-2005, 10:41 AM
Oh Dawn - I am so sorry - sending you tons and tons of Pixie Dust

the only thing I find that will possible help you is drugs - lots of them!!! :teeth:

YOu should take dayquil and motrin and have a nice large glass of whine - oops I mean wine with it!! :rotfl:
Thanks Kate :goodvibes
How is that bathroom problem coming along?

triplefigs
12-29-2005, 10:42 AM
Thanks. You must be playing catch-up like me. I'm almost at the end. How was your day yesterday?

It went great. I posted an update. I had 10billion pages to read!

tink2020
12-29-2005, 10:43 AM
Well all the prayers and PD worked! It went perfectly, and needless to say, DH and I were so relieved. Nothing was said, everyone was pleasant, the kids had a ball. The best part is we went to visit DH's grandmother (she has Alzheimer's) in the Assisted Living Home. They were all having a sing-along. Well my kids just jumped right in, did a "show" for all the people there, danced, did tumbling exercises. Then they all 3 proceeded to go around the room at least 3 times and give every single resident a huge hug and kiss, sit in their laps, etc. You have never seen a group of old people with bigger smiles and you could just feel the love exploding in that room. The kids had a blast and kept saying they loved playing with all the grandmas and grandpas. My DH was in heaven. It turned out to be a perfectly lovely day, and I am so grateful it did.

That's so good to hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :teeth:

triplefigs
12-29-2005, 10:43 AM
OK ... Denise .... how bad was it?

Not at all. I was shocked and quite happy!

triplefigs
12-29-2005, 10:45 AM
OK people, I need help!

You can try a hair dryer on low heat. The heat sometimes helps the ear pain.

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 10:46 AM
I havent gotten carded buying alcohol yet, im usually with my family, so i guess they figure i can drink if my aprents are sitting right there? haha

Our DD27 is carded all the time. Even at WDW when we are sitting there with her! I was carded until I was 29. Last time it happened I had a toddler in my arms and was with MY parents! :goodvibes

julia & nicks mom
Thanks Kate :goodvibes
How is that bathroom problem coming along?
I was JUST going to post -

I still haven't had to go yet - is that wierd? ironically - Nick peed so much last night it went through his diaper and he climbed on top of me in bed and I got it all over me - EWWW!!! I am drinking lots of water right now to see - I could use some Pixie Dust!!!

triplefigs

Congrats, Ben! How fun!

Pooh67_68
12-29-2005, 10:47 AM
this is cool group...

:wave2: Welcome, hope you stick around.

itslisa
12-29-2005, 10:48 AM
Well all the prayers and PD worked! It went perfectly, and needless to say, DH and I were so relieved.

Oh how wonderful! I'm so glad it was not a day for acid indigestion!

triplefigs
12-29-2005, 10:50 AM

I still haven't had to go yet - is that wierd? ironically - Nick peed so much last night it went through his diaper and he climbed on top of me in bed and I got it all over me - EWWW!!! I am drinking lots of water right now to see - I could use some Pixie Dust!!!

Hope you feel better! Cranberry juice is good too.

triplefigs
12-29-2005, 10:50 AM
Oh how wonderful! I'm so glad it was not a day for acid indigestion!

Me too!

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 10:51 AM
Elin,
Apparently you can stay up for the hen parties but the party appears to be almost over since the posting has slowed down.

Becky

Becky -- I am on vacation so can stay up a little later than I normally do. But I am reading your post at 11:50 a.m. on the 29th and have been at it FOREVER. It also looks like there are at least ten more pages to go! I may take a page out of Kate's book and skip to the newer posts and come back later and try to catch up.

ETA: This was my 800th post! I was on the DIS for years and accumulated about 200 posts. Then y'all came along and... BANG!

julia & nicks mom
12-29-2005, 10:54 AM
Denise - I am so glad things went well - how cute it must have been when your kids were at the nursing home - Julia and Nick are always a hit at my grandma's - old people just can't help but fall in love with the little ones and catch their energy - you have 3 awesome kids!!!!

Lisa - how cool that Ben was chosen! I know how exciting that must have been!!!

Kelli - hold on for your message! But here's a quick Happy Birthday!

Pooh67_68
12-29-2005, 10:54 AM
Congrats to Ben :)

Kate :wizard:

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 10:59 AM
My mom still has my snoopy snow cone machine. Oh wait, I think it's in colby's closet along with the cotton candy machine. I can relate to 90% of those things. I'm glad that I'm not the only 30 something person on here.

Deb

LOL... And I am glad I am not the only 50 something person on here too, Deb. One of the things on that list is Dr. Scholl's sandals. I hate to break it to you youngins... we wore them in the late 60s and early 70s in college. I still have my original red pair, although there is not much rubbery sole left on them and the heels are worn down quite a bit. MAN, I LOVED those shoes...

bengalbelle
12-29-2005, 11:01 AM
You can try a hair dryer on low heat. The heat sometimes helps the ear pain.
Thank you! I'll try that. They just called me in a Z Pack.

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 11:03 AM
I think TGM stinks. I tried it, didn't like and requested a refund. I was also expecting a more personalized plan. I didn't have strong feeling either way about it. Until, I received a NASTY :earseek: email from him :earboy2: I did get my money back though.

It amazes me how much we all differ on the sites we use and like and the informaiton we find useful or can't stand to use :)

I love TGM and have used him for 4 years, I think. His site is a little hard to navigate, I agree. But I have gotten much information from him that I have never heard before and have used it to our benefit numerous times. I have a friend who used it for the same trip once and HATED it. We both used the same info and I got more out of it than she did. To each his own...

tink2020
12-29-2005, 11:11 AM
Thank you! I'll try that. They just called me in a Z Pack.

Good stuff! If it's bacterial, you should feel better in no time! :wizard:

julia & nicks mom
12-29-2005, 11:11 AM
I think my kids might have finally recovered from Christmas - they are quietly playing together and not getting into any TROUBLE! :faint:

rosiejo
12-29-2005, 11:14 AM
[QUOTE=rosiejo]<light blue touch paper and duck>[QUOTE]
Please clarify. I don't know this phrase. Is it a "flame" reference?

Yeah - I meant I was lighting the touch paper on some dynamite and running for cover as my comment could be explosive - and I wasn't trying to incite a flame just giving my opinion :goodvibes

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 11:21 AM
Another of my crushes was Greg Evigan, from BJ and the Bear. Now I know I am really showing my age.

Tammi -- My DDs were discussing this show on our trip last week. I don't even think they were alive!

Here is the test to see how old we REALLY are... does anyone remember what show TV Greg Evigan started out on?

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 11:22 AM
this is cool group...

Why, yes... yes, we are! Welcome!

And a belated welcome to Princess Nancy too.

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 11:25 AM
See....I didn't think it was noticably bad until the 24th. We followed TGMs "best day" calendar and his tour plans.

LOL - so did we!

rosiejo
Yeah, Only 3 pages since 2 AM. I was beginning to think that I would have to make the DDA my full time job. :banana: :banana:

I have a few things to get done today and am working again tonight. Just hostessing so I should by home by 10 PM. Please take it easy on me. I'm not sure how many nights of 4 hours sleep I can handle. "I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was". Sorry just couldn't resist.

Deb

Who sings that Deb? Heard it on the radio quite a few times during our trip...

tink2020
Who sings that Deb? Heard it on the radio quite a few times during our trip...

I'll answer! Toby Keith :goodvibes

rosiejo
this is cool group...

welcome wdwfanz - hope you stop by to join us - although be prepared to give up your day job and your social life just to keep up :rotfl2:

tink2020
12-29-2005, 11:26 AM
welcome wdwfanz - hope you stop by to join us - although be prepared to give up your day job and your social life just to keep up :rotfl2:

This could not be more true! :rotfl2:

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 11:27 AM
Alabama or Georgia? I lived in Athens, Alabama. I was in 6th-8th grade at that time.

Athens, GA. And I was a LOT older than that :rotfl:

Glynis
12-29-2005, 11:29 AM
Glynis did you ever make the low carb cheesecake? It is wonderful for a sweet tooth.

Yes I did! It was wonderful! The chili dip sounds wonderful, too. I'm going to try that New Year's Eve. Hopefully I can trick the kids into celebrating a couple of hours early, so I'll have the house to myself for a while to try it. Sometimes you just need some down time, you know? DH has to work all the First Night activities, so I'll be on my lonesome for the evening. I need a yummy treat to drown my sorrows in. I'm going to try the chili dip and the frozen kisses. They sound yummy, too.

rosiejo
12-29-2005, 11:29 AM
And I can't write mine when I have a gazillion pages to read in the morning!!

Yup - I had the very same problem - took me an hour to catch up when I should have been working - and now I've come home fmr work to anohter 10 pages!!!!

rosiejo
12-29-2005, 11:30 AM
removed...

KMH1
12-29-2005, 11:35 AM
AMy! We can always count on you to start one. :)

I can't take credit for starting it, but you can count on me to give you the link. :teeth:

Great story about Ben!

I got Merlin's autograph a few years ago...I think he felt sorry for the pathetic 31-year-old pregnant woman, holding out her autograph book. :rotfl:

tink2020
12-29-2005, 11:36 AM
Kate - sent you a PM

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 11:41 AM

Glad it went better than you could have hoped for, Denise. I know the residents loved having the children there.

I think this would be the OPTIMAL time to go!

rosiejo
12-29-2005, 11:43 AM

Ouch - hope you get better soon :wizard:

rosiejo
12-29-2005, 11:46 AM
I'll answer! Toby Keith :goodvibes

Thanks Jennifer - I'll look him up - I liked that song

dumby
12-29-2005, 12:04 PM
OK people, I need help!

That sounds like what was going on with me Christmas morning but mine progressed to severe pain in the right ear. I was at the emergency room for three hours X'mas morning. They gave me some drops to numb the ear. Mine are now back to itching and popping. It is driving me absoulutely insane. I can barely hear anything. Sure hope you get better sooner than I have. I did not have a sinus infection I had bronchitis so am also on an antibiotic. It has been four days and I do not feel any better except the ear pain is gone. GET WELL SOON.

dumby
12-29-2005, 12:11 PM
Another great example of how the :wizard: helps out.

Glad you all had a great day and I am sure the dear grandmas and grandpas will remember the day for a long time. That was so sweet of your children.

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 12:15 PM
I am FINALLY caught up! Only took two solid days of reading. And staying up till 2:00 a.m. which y'all know is NOT easy for me!

So... I am now going to work on my "trip report."

marcij
12-29-2005, 12:38 PM
I don't watch GH anymore, but may have to check it out. How well did he age anyway?

Deb

I think he's still pretty cute, but not like before. I think it's more that my tastes have changed. I can't say he hasn't aged well.....since I hope no one will say that about me! I seem to be particularly sensitive about age since I'll turn 40 on my next birthday. I don't consider 40 old at all, it's just that I haven't seemed to have reached those goals I set for myself...

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 12:47 PM

Nicholas was King of the Realm last year, on his 5th bday. It was so exciting for him, and for me too, so I know just how you all feel!

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 12:49 PM
I think if you go over the Thanksgiving holidays it would be more crowded than the dates before Christmas.

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 12:51 PM
I am so happy that everything worked out for you. My grandmother, who passed away in July, had Alzheimer's and was in a home. All of the residents there would love when I would bring the kids in. It's like therapy for them.

tmfranlk
12-29-2005, 12:52 PM
Guess what book Skunka got for Christmas?? He got Kingdom Keepers. It's a story that is set in the Magic Kingdom. He really wanted it and my dad really surprised him! I also got a good one - the Imagineers Field Guide (I think that's what it is called?!

I got the Imagineers Field Guide too! I love it. The photos and drawings are so neat to see. There are so many things about the MK that I would never have thought about. Now I'm sure that's all I will think about on our next trip! :)

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 12:54 PM

What's the matter, Kate? I must have missed the original post. UTI?

tmfranlk
12-29-2005, 01:00 PM
So should the 3 of us stay busy tonight so Jennifer can get her 20,000? Won't Amy, Denise and Kate be surprised to see we did it without them?

Of course, Kate could be hiding too!

Well, it sure looks like you suceeded! 10pm to 2pm the next day and 45 new pages! Marti - I'd saw you hit 1000 and flew right past it. You all were BUSY! Everyone must be caught up from the holiday rush.

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 01:00 PM
Tammi -- My DDs were discussing this show on our trip last week. I don't even think they were alive!

Here is the test to see how old we REALLY are... does anyone remember what show TV Greg Evigan started out on?

I give up....

julia & nicks mom
12-29-2005, 01:04 PM
BJ and the bear

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 01:10 PM
BJ and the bear
That's what I originally refered him to but Elin made it sound like there was a show before that.

ETA: Look...post 1111...cool...

tmfranlk
12-29-2005, 01:11 PM
That's good! I was beginning to think it was eaten by USPS!

I like the ones Skunka found for me ... but honestly would flip for copper ones ... or heavy duty ones (like Wilton makes with the rubber tops!).

No, I just got so tied up with Christmas and work that I didn't fully unpack from the Disney trip until I packed for Christmas. I'll get it out this weekend an mail it from work on Tuesday. I'll check the store in town to see what type they were. I don't think they were Wilton, but may have been heavy duty. I'll let you know.

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 01:20 PM
Got my mini Trip Report done (with pictures)

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=987685

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 01:22 PM
That's what I originally refered him to but Elin made it sound like there was a show before that.

OK, this goes way back to a summer replacement show. It featured Greg Evigan and Paul Shaffer (from David Letterman). They were in the original "Making the Band" show. It was not called that but I am about to go GOOGLE it and find out!

julia & nicks mom
12-29-2005, 01:23 PM
here is his complete list of filmograph up to my two dads (in reverse order)

"My Two Dads" (1987) TV Series .... Joey Harris
Stripped to Kill (1987) .... Detective Heineman
Matlock: The Billionaire (1987) (TV) .... Eric Gordon
Private Road: No Trespassing (1987) (V) .... Brad Carlton
Shades of Love: Echoes in Crimson (1987) (TV) .... Bruce
Northstar (1986) (TV) .... Major Jack North
Private Sessions (1985/I) (TV) .... Rick
"Masquerade" (1983) TV Series .... Danny Doyle
Masquerade (1983) (TV) .... Danny
The Osmond Family Christmas Special (1980) (TV)
"B.J. and the Bear" (1979) TV Series .... B.J. (Billie Joe) McKay
BJ and the Bear (1978) (TV) .... Billy Joe 'BJ' McKay
"A Year at the Top" (1977) TV Series .... Greg
"All That Glitters" (1977) TV Series
The Bionic Boy (1976) (TV) .... Joe Hamilton
... aka The Six Million Dollar Man: The Bionic Boy (USA: complete title)
Scorchy (1976) .... Alan]

here are his guest tv appearances
"Hotel" playing "Tony Patterson" in episode: "Hornet's Nest" (episode # 4.5) 12 November 1986
"Murder, She Wrote" playing "Brad Kaneally" in episode: "Death Stalks the Big Top: Part 2" (episode # 3.2) 5 October 1986
"Murder, She Wrote" playing "Brad Kaneally" in episode: "Death Stalks the Big Top: Part 1" (episode # 3.1) 28 September 1986
"The Yellow Rose" playing "Trey Champion" in episode: "Debt of Honor" (episode # 1.18) 17 March 1984
"Fame" playing "Will" in episode: "Relationships" (episode # 2.13) 6 January 1983
"Pink Lady" playing "Himself" (episode # 1.3) 21 March 1980
"Barnaby Jones" playing "Blue Simpson" in episode: "Target for a Wedding" (episode # 7.24) 12 April 1979
"One Day at a Time" playing "Doug" in episode: "Jealousy: Part 2" (episode # 4.10) 4 December 1978
"One Day at a Time" playing "Doug" in episode: "Jealousy: Part 1" (episode # 4.9) 27 November 1978
"Dallas" playing "Willie Guest" in episode: "Runaway" (episode # 2.7) 28 October 1978
"The Six Million Dollar Man" in episode: "The Bionic Boy: Part 1" (episode # 4.7) 7 November 1976

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 01:25 PM
OK, this goes way back to a summer replacement show. It featured Greg Evigan and Paul Shaffer (from David Letterman). They were in the original "Making the Band" show. It was not called that but I am about to go GOOGLE it and find out!

"A Year at the Top"

Plot Summary: Greg and Paul are rock musicians who leave their home in Boise, Idaho for Hollywood.

Complete credited cast:
Greg Evigan .... Greg
Paul Shaffer .... Paul
Gabriel Dell .... Frederick J. Hanover
Priscilla Morrill .... Miss Worley
Julie Cobb .... Trish
Nedra Volz .... Grandma Belle Durbin

Runtime: 30 min
Language: English
Color: Color
Sound Mix: Mono

Trivia: Paul Shaffer left "Saturday Night Live" (1975) to do this series. When the show debuted, the SNL writers would joke with him about how bad the show was and always ask when he was coming back. After the show was canceled, he returned to SNL where he stayed until 1980.

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 01:27 PM
here is his complete list of filmograph up to my two dads (in reverse order)

Ain't IMDB a great site?!?!?

tink2020
12-29-2005, 01:40 PM

ETA: Look...post 1111...cool...

Yaay! Kate loves that post number :)

julia & nicks mom
12-29-2005, 01:41 PM

shhh - don't give up my secret!!!

tink2020
12-29-2005, 01:42 PM

::yes:: I could spend quite some time on there!

tink2020
12-29-2005, 01:46 PM
shhh - don't give up my secret!!!

Certainly you didn't expect us to think you KNEW all that?! :rotfl: We have a lot of faith in you, Kate, but that would be more stalkerish than Amy's manilla folders..... :goodvibes

tmfranlk
12-29-2005, 01:47 PM
C'mon, you know you have a crush on a celebrity! At least I picked someone who still looks good. Those of you who liked Leif Garrret....ewwww! :rotfl:

I was just thinking that they other day! DH got me The Outsiders for Christmas and Leif shows up in the special features. Wow, not so hot anymore.

itslisa
12-29-2005, 02:01 PM
I can't take credit for starting it, but you can count on me to give you the link. :teeth:

Great story about Ben!

I got Merlin's autograph a few years ago...I think he felt sorry for the pathetic 31-year-old pregnant woman, holding out her autograph book. :rotfl:

Now THAT's funny! :) I felt bad for the other kids. Again ... he only gave his autograph to the child that was chosen.

itslisa
12-29-2005, 02:05 PM
No, I just got so tied up with Christmas and work that I didn't fully unpack from the Disney trip until I packed for Christmas. I'll get it out this weekend an mail it from work on Tuesday. I'll check the store in town to see what type they were. I don't think they were Wilton, but may have been heavy duty. I'll let you know.

That would be super. I'm in no rush. I know about delays in mailing stuff (sorry Deb!). I would LOVE to hear about what you find -- so take your time. :)

itslisa
12-29-2005, 02:07 PM
THANK YOU to everyone! I just came back from grocery shopping and was actually able to quickly catch up!!! LOL

itslisa
12-29-2005, 02:13 PM
Got my mini Trip Report done (with pictures)

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=987685

Sounds like it was a super fun trip!
How great of you to spread the pixie dust.

babytrees
12-29-2005, 02:18 PM
Almost 4 years ago I started having problems with smells. At first I thought I was going crazy. Then I started getting migraines. It seems that for some people, they get migraines from some odors. So, Steffy and I would suffer together when shopping or going out to eat. Sneezing, coughing and just carrying on a lot. (thank goodness for protection) :rotfl: Going thru the smoking section at a restaurant we would hold our breath and practically run. She would wait outside a candle shop because it just really gets to her and if I smelled something, I would just tell her not to go there..

I can so relate to this....I am going to have to go home early from work today because my volunteer who runs the RISO machine(like a printer but uses barrels of ink and masters) to do the weekly bulletins, called in sick. I can handle the machine for a bit, but doing 550 bulletins and the innards...the smell got to me!! Add to that the other machines that I had to use that make noise and I have a lovely migraine!!

Here's pixie dust (the non smelly kind) for Steffy!!

Theresa

ksoehrlein
12-29-2005, 02:21 PM
We got married on April Fool's Day. How appropriate is that for me? :rotfl:
I'm right there with you; DH proposed on April Fool's Day! But it was still romantic; we were on Main Street, USA and it was during the fireworks... :love:

I'm so glad the visit with your "monster-in-law" went well. Your kids are sweet and I'll bet they made the ALF residents' day.

itslisa
12-29-2005, 02:24 PM
OK ... one other highlight (I may even post an actual trip report one day ....)

OK ... I told you guys I had won a trip for 4 .. and then my neighbor and her family backed out, right? OK, well there are only 3 of us. One of the items I won were four 5 day Magic Your Way with Park Hopper tickets.

Now, I had this extra ticket and what to do with it??????

I had it with me all the time, but no sense giving it to someone in the park -- they already bought their tix. One night, I was headed over to Pop Century (buying Mr Potato Head!). I was following this couple with a little girl and I over heard part of their conversation. They were discussing buying park tickets and how many days etc.

I got up the nerve and jumped in and asked them how long they were planning to buy for. They were contemplating between 4 or 5 days. I told them that I knew this seems totally crazy, but I had a 5 day PH ticket for them. The wife looked at me like I head 4 heads. The guy asked me how much I wanted for it. I said no - I'm giving it to you. He replies - selling it? LOL

We were not getting very far!

I explained that I had won a big prize and I had an extra 5 day PH ticket which HAD to be used before 12/24/2005. I am NOT selling it -- I am giving it to you if you wanted it. They were still skeptical.

I pointed out that all the adult tickets had a biometric scan. *IF* the ticket had been used, you will not get into the park and will be right where you are before meeting me. But, I assured them, no one had used the ticket ... and they were welcome to it at no charge.

I still think they thought I had been sniffing something. :)

I had just left DH back at the hotel room (and of course we had just had yet another argument!) .... but I sure felt SO much better after that. I really *do* hope they ad no problems using it.

I swear, I was floating on air for the rest of the night.

triplefigs
12-29-2005, 02:30 PM

OK ... I told you guys I had won a trip for 4 .. and then my neighbor and her family backed out, right? OK, well there are only 3 of us. One of the items I won were four 5 day Magic Your Way with Park Hopper tickets.

I had it with me all the time, but no sense giving it to someone in the park -- they already bought their tix. One night, I was headed over to Pop Century (buying Mr Potato Head!). I was following this couple with a little girl and I over heard part of their conversation. They were discussing buying park tickets and how many days etc.

I got up the nerve and jumped in and asked them how long they were planning to buy for. They were contemplating between 4 or 5 days. I told them that I knew this seems totally crazy, but I had a 5 day PH ticket for them. The wife looked at me like I head 4 heads. The guy asked me how much I wanted for it. I said no - I'm giving it to you. He replies - selling it? LOL

I explained that I had won a big prize and I had an extra 5 day PH ticket which HAD to be used before 12/24/2005. I am NOT selling it -- I am giving it to you if you wanted it. They were still skeptical.

I pointed out that all the adult tickets had a biometric scan. *IF* the ticket had been used, you will not get into the park and will be right where you are before meeting me. But, I assured them, no one had used the ticket ... and they were welcome to it at no charge.

I had just left DH back at the hotel room (and of course we had just had yet another argument!) .... but I sure felt SO much better after that. I really *do* hope they ad no problems using it.

That's great. I'm sure they were thrilled but so surprised that someone would share so generously. WTG! Fun spreading PD, isn't it?!~

triplefigs
12-29-2005, 02:31 PM
I'm right there with you; DH proposed on April Fool's Day! But it was still romantic; we were on Main Street, USA and it was during the fireworks... :love:

I'm so glad the visit with your "monster-in-law" went well. Your kids are sweet and I'll bet they made the ALF residents' day.

How fun. We went on our Disneymoon in 1995. It was great.

MinnieMouseMom
12-29-2005, 02:33 PM

What a wonderful thing for you to do!! :wizard:

tink2020
12-29-2005, 02:36 PM

How nice of you! :wizard:

rosiejo
12-29-2005, 02:39 PM

Some people are just so sceptical - we had spare FPs for BTR and I spotted another disneymooning couple (wearing the ears) wished them congratulations and offered them the FPs - they looked at me like I was mad :rotfl2:

tinker1bell
12-29-2005, 02:41 PM
My huge crush was Christopher Reeve. When he broke his neck in the riding accident, my DH was working for the company that makes the spinal implants. I felt like we really helped him! I was so sad when he finally died.

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/warner_brothers/superman_2/christopher_reeve/superman2.jpg

I just loved Christopher Reeve in Somewhere In Time with Jayne Seymor

julia & nicks mom
12-29-2005, 02:57 PM
sometimes I just fall in love with one of my new designs and have to post it - this is one of them

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/kfeldmann/SANDDOLLARINVITE.jpg

bear74
12-29-2005, 02:59 PM
I can't stay on today - it is my and Skunka's anniversary. We are taking Matt to see Narnia and then our friends will watch him while we head out to dinner. See you all later tonight or tomorrow!!

Denise - good luck with the MIL. I'm fortunate not to have to deal with things like that. :wizard:
pg 1307
Marti,
I hope you and Skunka have a very enjoyable Anniversary with many more to come.

bear74
12-29-2005, 03:01 PM
Marti and Skunka -

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/kfeldmann/anniver.jpg
pg 1307
Kate that is adorable.

tink2020
12-29-2005, 03:03 PM
sometimes I just fall in love with one of my new designs and have to post it - this is one of them

Too cute! Thanks for sharing :goodvibes

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 03:04 PM
What does this stand for? I am too busy with trip reports and uploading photos to look it up.

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 03:08 PM

Too cute, Kate!

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 03:09 PM
Ok, day two of trip report done.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=10983717#post10983717

bear74
12-29-2005, 03:11 PM
So, is a runny nose corelated to a runny diaper? Man, Alyssa keeps having these runny explosions (5-6 times a day) and she's got a bad diaper rash now too. She's been a really picky eater lately, but any advice on what I can feed her to solidify things?

Sorry so gross,
pg 1309
yep
Is she cutting teeth. Olivia had this problem for a couple of weeks. Try pedilyte or gatorade. stay away from the sugary Juices. Bananas are good for Diarrhea also white rice and toast. really anything bland. Dumb mommy realized we were cutting molars

tmfranlk
12-29-2005, 03:12 PM
Just wait -- I'm seeing styles that were popular way back and now they are popular again... speaking of Care Bears... I used to have a glass with the green bear on it - I think he was lucky bear. Anyway, it broke in college and I cried like a baby!!!! OK, maybe TMI!!!

That was my favorite one!! Mine broke too (only I was 8 or so, not in college). I still have the other 3 though. Last year my mom got me and Terra a Good Luck Bear doll to share since he was my favorite.

tmfranlk
12-29-2005, 03:13 PM
I can't sleep and got on here, y'all are crazy!
Don't worry KAte, I already see that I am a big Thread Killer! I posted on 2 threads HOURS ago and no nada zero responses!!! AHHH I guess I need you, the Queen, OMG I said it, to get me "IN"!!!!!!!!

Run away now before you're up all night with Kate every night! :)

ksoehrlein
12-29-2005, 03:14 PM
How fun. We went on our Disneymoon in 1995. It was great.
Were you there in early April (right after your wedding)? 1995 was when we got engaged, so our trips may have overlapped.

itslisa
12-29-2005, 03:14 PM

Are you not sharing your newest design with us? sniff sniff sniff

I LOVE this one! It's SO cute!

miss missy
12-29-2005, 03:16 PM
Do you guys ever sleep? I left work last night at midnight, just got back on, and over 10 pages to catch up on! Last I left we were talking about Uncle Jesse! Gosh, whats a girl to do around hea' !

itslisa
12-29-2005, 03:17 PM
What does this stand for? I am too busy with trip reports and uploading photos to look it up.

IMDB = Internet Movie Database
http://www.imdb.com/

Check it out for great info ...

Glynis
12-29-2005, 03:18 PM
Holy Cow!!!!! You guys will sure teach me not to go to the store, cook dinner, get 4 kids ready for bed, get the house picked up, watch a little T.V., catch up with a high school friend, etc., anymore. I woke up to over 60 pages! You chatterboxes!

I'll try to respond to what I can remember:

Denise - I'm so glad you're trip went well. It's no fun dreading time with the in-law's.

Kate - I don't know what's wrong with you, but I'm sending a lot of :wizard: in the hopes that it clears up soon. I'm praying it's not a kidney stone. If it is, you can contact me for sympathy. I just passed my 6th.

As for teenage crushes; my first was Parker Stevenson. I liked that he was the smartest of the Hardy Boys. From there, I progressed to Andy Gibb. After that, I can't really remember any standouts.

I do have a small claim to fame, though. Way back when, I did a lot of regional theater, and one of the actor's that I dated for a summer was a boy named Jamin Bratt. We had a great time together. I didn't think much of it as we drifted apart after the summer. Imagine my surprise, years later, to turn on the TV and see him in Law and Order. He was going by his full name Benjamin, now, but still as good looking as ever.

Was there anything else important that I didn't comment on?

Congratulations to those with upcoming trips. Welcome home to those who just got back. Clare - I'm enjoying your trip report. Please keep it coming. You, too Tammi.

Amy - I just love your sense of humor. You make me giggle. DH doesn't know quite what to make of the fact that I laugh at the computer.

Marti - You sound like a ton of fun! I certainly hope I get to meet all of you at some point.

tink2020
12-29-2005, 03:19 PM

Internet Movie Database. It's just imdb.com ... it's a phenomenal site! A bit of trivia from my dorky DH who listens to NPR too much:

It was originally started (15+ years ago) literally as a database. People in Hollywood would be able to access an actor, etc (which was fairly common) ... but also someone for lighting, etc based on works they had seen. This was the first of its kind to include crew, etc.... and now it's made public for us at home to further our movie knowledge :rotfl:

Seriously though. My husband and brother-in-law have been browsing since middle school and still are amazed. You can link to ANYONE who has ever been in movies or TV, both US and foreign. The only thing it lacks is broadway. It also has useful biographies, trivia information, etc for most people, depending on how popular they are. You can even look up movies where, say Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan starred together (or others that are much less frequent :rolleyes: )

Pretty cool stuff ... :rolleyes:

ksoehrlein
Lisa, you are so kind and generous (not just sharing what IMDB stands for -- I'm talking about giving away your tickets). I hope there is such a thing as karma, because you are owed BIG TIME!

tink2020
IMDB = Internet Movie Database
http://www.imdb.com/

Check it out for great info ...

Dang it! I SWEAR when I started rambling on my previous post that nobody had answered your question yet! I should talk less :rotfl2:

miss missy
12-29-2005, 03:20 PM
MissMissy, what do you do for a living that you work so late?

I work in telcom 4pm-12am.

tink2020
12-29-2005, 03:21 PM
I do have a small claim to fame, though. Way back when, I did a lot of regional theater, and one of the actor's that I dated for a summer was a boy named Jamin Bratt. We had a great time together. I didn't think much of it as we drifted apart after the summer. Imagine my surprise, years later, to turn on the TV and see him in Law and Order. He was going by his full name Benjamin, now, but still as good looking as ever.

How neat!

itslisa
12-29-2005, 03:23 PM
Ok, day two of trip report done.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=10983717#post10983717

Tammi! Do you keep a tape recorder at hand to remember all the details?!?!?!?!

itslisa
12-29-2005, 03:25 PM

Cool! You and Julia Roberts are in the same league!

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 03:27 PM
Tammi! Do you keep a tape recorder at hand to remember all the details?!?!?!?!
Haha...notebook. Should I cut back on the details? Too much info?

Thanks for filling me in on that movie site.

julia & nicks mom
12-29-2005, 03:27 PM
:earseek:

Holy Cow Glynis - you dated Benjamin Bratt - as in you have kissed him??!?!? I would not say that is a small claim to fame - I would be shouting that from the mountaintops!!!!!

rosiejo
12-29-2005, 03:29 PM
Do you guys ever sleep? I left work last night at midnight, just got back on, and over 10 pages to catch up on! Last I left we were talking about Uncle Jesse! Gosh, whats a girl to do around hea' !

Ok I have a question... what time is it where you are? It's 9.30pm here - and I was just wondering what the time differences were for the DDAs...

itslisa
12-29-2005, 03:31 PM
Dang it! I SWEAR when I started rambling on my previous post that nobody had answered your question yet! I should talk less :rotfl2:

We probably started at the same time ... you posted WAY more than I did

itslisa
12-29-2005, 03:31 PM
I work in telcom 4pm-12am.

Verizon???

miss missy
12-29-2005, 03:32 PM

whew! glad it went well!

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 03:33 PM
Ok I have a question... what time is it where you are? It's 9.30pm here - and I was just wondering what the time differences were for the DDAs...
It's 4:30PM here, on the East Coast, as in Disney time.

itslisa
12-29-2005, 03:34 PM
Haha...notebook. Should I cut back on the details? Too much info?

No!!! I LOVE the details -- just wondered how you kept it all in your head!!! I can pretty much recall through the pics we took. I tried sitting down and writing it on the laptop at night, but I was SO tired! And there was always something else more important to be done ....

tmfranlk
12-29-2005, 03:35 PM
I don't normally get carded for the normal type things. I tend to get carded if I buy spray paint or fat permanent markers. The funniest was when I bought about 10 cans of whipped topping in an aerosol can. It was about 2am and they carded me because there was some law about buying so much after a certain hour to prevent teens from huffing it.

And before all of you people's minds go in the gutter it was for an ice cream party for the marching band. Oh, wait that still sounds bad. uh nevermind.

Becky

When my sister was 16 or 17 she was "carded" for a sample of pizza being passed out at the grocery store. The lady handing out the samples wanted to know where her mother was and said that she needed her mother's permission to have the sample. My sister is a little bit of a smart aleck sometimes and offered to show her a driver's license instead. :smooth:

itslisa
12-29-2005, 03:36 PM

Those of us on the East Coast are on Disney time -- 5 hours behind you. There are three other time zones in the continental US. I am *guessing* that Kate, Amy and crew are an extra hour behind us. (Central time zone)

itslisa
12-29-2005, 03:37 PM
LOL I need to catch up BEFORE replying!

julia & nicks mom
12-29-2005, 03:39 PM
Those of us on the East Coast are on Disney time -- 5 hours behind you. There are three other time zones in the continental US. I am *guessing* that Kate, Amy and crew are an extra hour behind us. (Central time zone)

you would be wrong :teeth:

we are all on EST!!!

miss missy
12-29-2005, 03:39 PM

right now 441pm!

rosiejo
12-29-2005, 03:41 PM
Fabulous - so how come even though I'm in the future I'm always the one catching up?? :rotfl2:

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 03:44 PM
OK

I said no - I'm giving it to you. He replies - selling it? LOL

... and they were welcome to it at no charge.

What a WONDERFUL thing for you to do, Lisa! I bet you made their day when they got into the park with that ticket :goodvibes

tmfranlk
12-29-2005, 03:44 PM
Glad to hear you had a good time. We loved the holiday Small World. The kids enjoyed it. My 2 older DS's , DH and I loved the Nightmare Before Christmas themed Haunted Mansion. It had so many neat details. We had sat for an hour one night in the hub and the FW got cancelled. We did catch them another night and the Electrical Parade. My DH lost DS,4 YO, after the FW. He ran off to chase the "snow" and DH lost sight of him. I was staying with the baby and other kids while DH went up and down Main Street. We found him 20 min. later but I was a wreck. I really snapped at DH. Thankfully, God watched over him and he was safe and sound. Was it too crowded Christmas? We heard it would be unbearable.

I don't know how bad it got. We were only there from 8a-11:30a or so on Christmas Eve and 8a-10a on Monday morning. DCA didn't seem too bad for the Electrical Parade on Christmas Eve. We got there at 7:35 for the 7:45 parade and the main hub in the front of the park was only 3-5 people deep. Main Street was pretty croweded for the FW that night (when it was cancelled), but then we never went farther than the hub so I fully expected it to be. As we left at noon-ish on Christmas Eve there was a very heavy stream of people coming in so it may very well have been pretty crowded. I would have loved to see HM Holiday as well, but we just didn't have time to get over there.

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 03:45 PM
Fabulous - so how come even though I'm in the future I'm always the one catching up?? :rotfl2:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

itslisa
12-29-2005, 03:48 PM
you would be wrong :teeth:

we are all on EST!!!

My humblest apologies to the Queen and her Court! :flower:

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 03:48 PM

Internet Movie Data Base = www.imdb.com

Lots of wonderful stuff on that site!

tmfranlk
12-29-2005, 03:49 PM
That confused me for the first couple of episodes :goodvibes Especially when I hadn't heard he was in it - and saw him and though - I know that face - took me a while to work it out... I loved Party of 5 when I was a kid - wish they'd bring that out on DVD... I was madly in love with Bailey :love:

A couple of seasons are available in the US so maybe they'll come your way soon.

itslisa

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

You're too much!

tink2020

Nope! We're in EST as well... not Central until a little ways into Indiana. :goodvibes

Lots of us are EST (Virginia, New York, Ohio, etc). I know we have some Oregon residents..... they are the farthest west I can think of. Any California DDAs? They, too would be in PST. (Three hours behind us)

tink2020
12-29-2005, 03:50 PM

:rotfl2: :rotfl:

rosiejo
12-29-2005, 03:50 PM
A couple of seasons are available in the US so maybe they'll come your way soon.

Really?? Wow - I'll be shopping on the net for those tomorrow! Thanks for the tip off - right now though I have to say goodnight - please don't be too rowdy tonight :rotfl:

itslisa
12-29-2005, 03:51 PM
Tia I'm a bit confused ......

Did you just go to WDW, come home, and re-pack and went to DL?????

tmfranlk
::yes:: still wading...

I started trying to read in printer friendly mode as it's less conspicuous at work - but then I can't reply :rotfl2:

Do you have a drop down window in the bottom left hand corner of the page when you scroll all the way down? From there you can choose different formats for the display. Different colors, etc. One of the choices is DIScreet - Mobile. I believe that this shows something similar to printer friendly mode to be less obvious at work (good thinking webmasters!). I've never used it, but I'd guess that you can respond in that mode.

Tammi67
See you tomorrow, Clare.

tink2020
12-29-2005, 03:54 PM
Hey, weird! I'm checking out Discreet mode. You can reply, but it's NOT very visually friendly! Aagh! And no smileys! :rotfl (<-- did that work?) lol....

itslisa
Lots of us are EST (Virginia, New York, Ohio, etc). I know we have some Oregon residents..... they are the farthest west I can think of. Any California DDAs? They, too would be in PST. (Three hours behind us)

Why don't we take a little poll! It's not like we all don' tlike talking on here! LOL

I'm in New Hampshire! (eastern time zone)

triplefigs
Were you there in early April (right after your wedding)? 1995 was when we got engaged, so our trips may have overlapped.

Yes, April 2-9, 1995 at the Poly.

tink2020
Hey, weird! I'm checking out Discreet mode. You can reply, but it's NOT very visually friendly! Aagh! And no smileys! :rotfl (<-- did that work?) lol....

ok, SO don't like that! I'm back :rotfl:

tmfranlk
12-29-2005, 03:55 PM
Please clarify. Uncle Jesse who one of you had a crush on and now another DDA's DD has a crush on: was that Uncle Jesse from Dukes of Hazzard or Uncle Jesse of Full House fame?

I read the first post when y'all were talking about 1970s crushes, so my mind immediately went to the Dukes Uncle Jesse and I was more than a little grossed out (sorry if that's actually who your crush was on). I didn't even think of John Stamos' portrayal of Uncle Jesse until the post about DD's crush some 30 pages later!

A day late and a dollar short since I missed the posting frenzy, but my very first celeb crush would have been Andy Gibb. Amy, I thought you and I were the same age. How can you consider yourself too young for him? :confused3 Now granted, I was maybe 8 at the time...

Okay, that is a funny thought! And now since it's been mentioned again, I have to add my celebrity crush - I LOVED Bo Duke. There's another that has stayed just as cute. Also Ralph Macchio (The Outsiders again) and C. Thomas Howell. (And yes, I am a little young for all of them at 29.) Nowadays, I'd have to say Vincent D'Onofrio and John Cusack.

tmfranlk
12-29-2005, 03:56 PM
Ladies, ladies when discussing crushes lets not forget :goodvibes

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/pooh67_68/SeanConnery.jpg

Now that is one that I have never understood. Maybe I'm just too young. :flower:

ETA: I do have to admit though to really liking Jimmy Stuart. That would have been my celebrity crush if I was a few decades older.

tink2020
12-29-2005, 03:56 PM
Ooh, another curiosity question :goodvibes

What "style" are you all viewing in? As far as colors, etc. I was on the holiday one, but can't remember what I had before that.

tink2020
12-29-2005, 03:58 PM
Whoa, ok.... I'm a big dork. I think I've been on the computer too long. I must leave.... picking up Chick-Fil-A for dinner :love:

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 03:58 PM
I am in holiday now. I hope they create a wintry one for January.

bear74
12-29-2005, 04:00 PM
Hi DDA Friends!!

Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa and Happy Hanukah to all!! I haven't been on DDA nor posted since before Thanksgiving. With the new home for our board, I hope I'm posting these photos in the right place!

Here are some photos of DBF and I in various designs on a couple of recent trips to WDW. A GREAT BIG THANK YOU!!!!!!!! to Kate, Denise and Kevin for their designs.

Here I am in one of Kate's designs for my birthday. The Mickey head says Jennifer. I'm standing at World of Disney wearing the Princess "santa" hat I eventually bought.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a192/pinkmoonbeams/127ae05d.jpg

Here is DBF in the birthday design Kate made for him. He is at Coronado Springs next to a Christmas Village.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a192/pinkmoonbeams/713368-R1-018-7A.jpg

Here I am in the "right pair of shoes can change your life" design from Kate. I wear this sweatshirt all the time, even around Dallas. Everyone loves it!! Castmembers stopped me all the time to read it and say "isn't that the truth!" In this photo, I am with the reindeer outside of the Grand Floridian.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a192/pinkmoonbeams/713367-R1-012-4A.jpg

Here is my friend Jonette in a design Kevin customized for her. Since she has red hair, I asked him to give Cinderella red hair too! Jonette and Leif (that's him with her in the photo at Whispering Canyon restaurant at the Wilderness Lodge) are getting married in Epcot in 2006. Now that I have introduced her to custom t-shirt making, she is brimming with ideas for designs to make for her flower girls and ring bearer for the wedding. Some of the designers might hear from her with requests, or she might post her own new designs. She's usually on the wedding board. Rosiejo will know her as a fellow DFTW bride.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a192/pinkmoonbeams/02b0cb97.jpg

Santa brought me a digital camera for Christmas, so hopefully my future photos will be better quality and I'll be able to post them more quickly.

Talk to you soon!
Jennifer
Pg 1312
nice pics moonbeams

Glynis
12-29-2005, 04:04 PM
Cool! You and Julia Roberts are in the same league!

Hardly. I was 18 back then, slim (I was, once upon a time) and blonde. Who knew he would turn up famous, and I would turn up married and a mom?

Blueeyes101817
12-29-2005, 04:05 PM
Our DD27 is carded all the time. Even at WDW when we are sitting there with her! I was carded until I was 29. Last time it happened I had a toddler in my arms and was with MY parents! :goodvibes

glad its not just me! i was started to think i must look REALLLLLLY young haha

Glynis
12-29-2005, 04:06 PM

Holy Cow Glynis - you dated Benjamin Bratt - as in you have kissed him??!?!? I would not say that is a small claim to fame - I would be shouting that from the mountaintops!!!!!

As I recall, he was a FABULOUS kisser, but don't tell DH. I have to tell him repeatedly that he is much better than Jamin. Jamin was an all around "good guy". He was so courteous and considerate. I even got to meet his parents, and he was so respectful to them. I remember being very impressed with that. So many actors are all full of themselves, but Jamin wasn't.

Glynis
12-29-2005, 04:07 PM

Right now it's 3:10 in Utah.

itslisa
12-29-2005, 04:08 PM
Now that is one that I have never understood. Maybe I'm just too young. :flower:

Nope - you are not alone there!

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 04:09 PM
As I recall, he was a FABULOUS kisser, but don't tell DH. I have to tell him repeatedly that he is much better than Jamin. Jamin was an all around "good guy". He was so courteous and considerate. I even got to meet his parents, and he was so respectful to them. I remember being very impressed with that. So many actors are all full of themselves, but Jamin wasn't.
Are you still friendly? Can you call him up and say something like "Hey Jamin, remember me? Me and a few other online friends would like to take you to lunch someday."?

bear74
12-29-2005, 04:09 PM
Since Amy spent all afternoon chatting things up here, I thought it was my turn tonight to share pictures of the happier moments of our many Christmas celebrations ... plus a few of the preparations that got finished in time for the holiday.

Let's start with the cookies (since Amy tells me so many have had a hard time with her recipe she wanted me to show that it really does work and they really do taste good) ...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a48/KMH2/christmascookiespost.jpg

The second tree finally got finished but Alyssa had different decorating ideas than we did:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a48/KMH2/alyssadecoratespost.jpg

Yep, that's two WWTBAM-PI 1000 point hats. I've been in the hot seat twice, once flopping out at 16K and the second time flopping out at 120K (I think?). See how proud she is of her handiwork:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a48/KMH2/cutiepie2post.jpg

Kevin
pg 1315
nice tree Alyssa
the cookies look great.

tmfranlk
12-29-2005, 04:10 PM
Thanks, Elin. We are really debating when to go. We are even considering going over Thanksgiving so that we don't have to deal with my in-laws at ALL!~

Thanksgiving wasn't too bad, Denise. I was there Wednesday before through the week after. The holiday weekend was busy, but it was the only time my 9yo DSis was with us. We managed to do most of the things that we wanted to, even having some extra friends who slowed us down some. The week after, like your week, was great!

Glynis
12-29-2005, 04:10 PM
Nope! We're in EST as well... not Central until a little ways into Indiana. :goodvibes

Here in Utah we are on Mountain Standard Time. It's just now almost 3:15 p.m.

Blueeyes101817
12-29-2005, 04:13 PM
Okay guys--need some advice..
i woke up and was sick all day--im all stuffed up, can barely talk, throat hurts, all of that..
this is actually worse than normal-havent felt this bad in awhile..
any other things i can do? im hoping i dont have to go to the dr...
im leaving for the cruise next sat and i do not want to be sick!

bear74
12-29-2005, 04:15 PM
The weekend before Christmas we spent celebrating with Amy's parents. Here are a few of my favorite photos from the weekend festivities:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a48/KMH2/softglowpost.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a48/KMH2/playblockspost.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a48/KMH2/mommyandbabypost.jpg

I love my girls!

Kevin
oh the pictures get better and better.

Glynis
12-29-2005, 04:16 PM
Are you still friendly? Can you call him up and say something like "Hey Jamin, remember me? Me and a few other online friends would like to take you to lunch someday."?

I wish! That's one of the biggest problems with repertory theater; you get close to people for a very short period of time, and then you are gone from one another's lives. I'm sure he'd just say, "Glynis, who?" "You know, from your one summer with the Utah Shakespearean Festival?" "Hmm, that's too long ago for me to remember." At least that's how the conversation always goes in my head.

For anyone who's been to NYC and seen "The Lion King", I also dated Patrick Page who plays/ed Scar. But let's not go into that. Bad, bad memories.

tmfranlk
12-29-2005, 04:16 PM

How sweet! I am sure that your kids really made everyone's day!! I am glad that everything went well with your MIL.

julia & nicks mom
12-29-2005, 04:17 PM
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

OMG - TAmmi - i was thinking the same thing!!!!!!!!!!

bear74
12-29-2005, 04:18 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a48/KMH2/visionspost.jpg

Those visions of sugarplums must have really been dancing. Yes, this is Christmas morning that started at our house (ahhh, the first time in six years that we didn't start Christmas morning with a four hour drive).

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a48/KMH2/ThankYouCardPost.jpg

(The picture is Christmas morning in our matching Disney PJs. I have modified it to be our thank you cards this year.)

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a48/KMH2/letmeplaypost.jpg

The afternoon we spent at my Mom's. Here are a few of my favorites before the diaper rash meltdown.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a48/KMH2/lightuptreepost.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a48/KMH2/playthebellspost.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a48/KMH2/cutiepiepost.jpg

Let's do it again in less than 365 days (but without the diaper rash).

--Kevin
pg 1315
I love the matching PJ's
all the pics are cute.

Glynis
12-29-2005, 04:19 PM
i woke up and was sick all day--im all stuffed up, can barely talk, throat hurts, all of that..

Go to the dr. now. Do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars. Seriously, if it's an infection you could be on antibiotics for a few days before you leave which will help you feel better for your trip. If it's nothing bad, what are you out? Mostly time. At least you'll know.

That's just my opinion. I'm a paranoid mom, though, who takes her kids to the doctor a lot. I just know that it makes me feel better to have a professional opinion.

julia & nicks mom
I wish! That's one of the biggest problems with repertory theater; you get close to people for a very short period of time, and then you are gone from one another's lives. I'm sure he'd just say, "Glynis, who?" "You know, from your one summer with the Utah Shakespearean Festival?" "Hmm, that's too long ago for me to remember." At least that's how the conversation always goes in my head.

For anyone who's been to NYC and seen "The Lion King", I also dated Patrick Page who plays/ed Scar. But let's not go into that. Bad, bad memories.
Wow glynis!!

he is married to Paige Davis

itslisa

Nyquil / Dayquil! In my opinion it works for everything (that doesn't require anti-biotics).

ReAnSt
12-29-2005, 04:20 PM

Congratualtions to Ben, that is so neat.

Becky

Glynis
12-29-2005, 04:21 PM
Wow glynis!!

Yep. I went to their wedding. It was very lovely. She is a very nice lady, and, I think, much too good for Patrick. I hope they're happy. I do know that he was not happy when she joined the cast of Chicago. He's very egomaniacal, and to have a successful wife would just about kill him. Of course he could have changed since we were together, but I doubt it.

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 04:23 PM

Rats!

julia & nicks mom
12-29-2005, 04:25 PM
Yep. I went to their wedding. It was very lovely. She is a very nice lady, and, I think, much too good for Patrick. I hope they're happy. I do know that he was not happy when she joined the cast of Chicago. He's very egomaniacal, and to have a successful wife would just about kill him. Of course he could have changed since we were together, but I doubt it.

ok - miss hangs out with the rich and famous - who else do you know?!!?!?!

bear74
12-29-2005, 04:26 PM
Well, DH and I are off to bed. The van is packed. We are so stressed to say the least. Please send calm, keep your mouth shut Denise, and be polite vibes my way for tomorrow. my goal is to just smile and get through the day.

BTW, had new formal pics of the kids done today. This is one of my favorites in my siggie. We bought 11 different poses. The pictures are fantastic. Here's the link (http://photobucket.com/albums/b175/DenisePersonal/Formal%20pictures/?).
pg 1316
Dennise very nice pictures of the kids. I hope you stayed out of trouble at MIL :rotfl2:

ReAnSt
12-29-2005, 04:26 PM

I am so glad that it worked out so well for you. Perhaps since the kids had so much fun with all the grandmas and grandpas perhaps you could take them to a local nurisng home or somthing similar so they can share the love with some others who might not have families who visit them on a regular basis.

This is if your schedule would allow.

Becky

tmfranlk
12-29-2005, 04:27 PM

It's my favorite! No one within earshot can ask about an actor, show, movie, etc without me popping on IMDB to find the answer. I've been on several times reading through last night's posting frenzy.

tmfranlk
12-29-2005, 04:29 PM

Very cool!!!! What a wonderful thing to do for that family.

tmfranlk
12-29-2005, 04:30 PM

That is so cute!! I love it, Kate.

tink2020
12-29-2005, 04:33 PM
Ok, I lied. I'm back. But then I'm eating my food. I just had to share this, because I thought it was such a cute idea! Well, apparantly I am still on the Christmas Card list of the aforementioned friend who snubbed me at MGM :rotfl: Well, they are expecting (which I've known for a while), but this was their card this year:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/tink2020/saraandchriscard.jpg

I thought it was too cute!

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 04:34 PM
Ok, I lied. I'm back. But then I'm eating my food. I just had to share this, because I thought it was such a cute idea! Well, apparantly I am still on the Christmas Card list of the aforementioned friend who snubbed me at MGM :rotfl: Well, they are expecting (which I've known for a while), but this was their card this year:

Very cute card. She looks familiar to me. Do I know her??

bear74
12-29-2005, 04:37 PM
hey Denise -

I thought it might help you to have an image to make you smile when what you really want to do it beat the crap out of her!!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/kfeldmann/xzip.jpg

I LOVE your kids new pictures!! I need to take my kids for new pictures!
pg 1317
coke all over the computer.
Kate that is hillarious.

marcij
12-29-2005, 04:39 PM
Trip pictures finally! It only takes me months to finally figure out how to post them....
Here's the whole family at Epcot the first day:
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d96/marcij/MVMCP%202005/IMG_8264.jpg

What a yahoo -- I put them in reflective shirts! (Only had time to do two shirts for this trip!)

Here are Andrew and Jake in their shirts Kate personalized for them:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d96/marcij/MVMCP%202005/IMG_8568.jpg

Here are our shirts Denise did for us:
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d96/marcij/MVMCP%202005/IMG_8649.jpg

ReAnSt
12-29-2005, 04:40 PM

That is so nice and sweet of you. I hope they had a blast and got to do something extra special because of your generosity.

Becy

tmfranlk
12-29-2005, 04:41 PM
Tia I'm a bit confused ......

Did you just go to WDW, come home, and re-pack and went to DL?????

Pretty much! :blush: We were in WDW from 11/23-12/4. Just before I left, DH's family felt bad that DD and I were gone for Thanksgiving (his choice to stay home) and invited him to CA to be with them. He got out of it by suggesting we all come for CA - not the plans. In the end, his mom ended up paying for our plane tickets in place of Christmas presents since they were more than we could afford, especially at the last minute. His family lives in Orange County (like DL). As usual, we were in town for 4 days and saw his family for about 6 hours on Christmas Day. We spend a lot of time with my best friend and her family, but still had our long (thank you jet lag) mornings free so we ended up doing 2 mornings at DL thanks to Christmas money from my grandma. I bought a 2-day ticket and then upgraded to an AP with blackout dates = cheaper. This trip was completely unplanned and we didn't even get our plane tickets until about 7-10 days before hand as we kept going back and forth on going as DH hates to travel.

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 04:42 PM
Nice looking family, Marci!

tmfranlk
12-29-2005, 04:43 PM
Ooh, another curiosity question :goodvibes

What "style" are you all viewing in? As far as colors, etc. I was on the holiday one, but can't remember what I had before that.

I've been using the Happy Holidays version for about a year and a half - about the time I started planning our last trip. It keeps me in the Disney Christmas mood year round - two of my favorite things. Besides, I really like the colors.

bear74
12-29-2005, 04:45 PM
Thanks, Jen!!! :goodvibes It's tomorrow though. ;)
pg 1319
Minniemousemom I hope you had a great birthday.

ReAnSt
12-29-2005, 04:46 PM

Disney World time, not Disneyland time.

Becky

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 04:48 PM

Becky
Thanks for clearing that up.

tmfranlk
12-29-2005, 04:51 PM

That's how I told Phil that I was pregnant! I was at WDW with my DSis and her baby when I found out for sure. I bought Phil a pair of baby mouse ears and the lady embroidered "Baby (last name)" on it for me. They are so cute and are put away with her first "Terra" ears and her "First Haircut" ears.

bear74
12-29-2005, 04:55 PM
Hello all - back from a great day of anniversary stuff! We started with a family outing to see Narnia. We loved it - it was a bit long and I was worried that DS (7) wouldn't sit through the whole thing, but he loved it even more! With the previews it was 2 1/2 hours long. AND we got there early, so he sat in that seat for quite a long time with no complaints!!!

Then we dropped him at a friends house and went for dinner. It was nice to have a quiet dinner without coloring first! And there were linen napkins - what a nice change.

For my Christmas gift this year I got a three piece luggage set from the Disney Store and my upcoming birthday trip - so not all DH pick out bad presents!!! Since he's on vacation this week, we're going out now for another family outing... talk to you later!! Maybe I can go on a posting frenzy and pass 1,000!!
pg 1319
glad you had a nice day and a real nice dinner.

julia & nicks mom
12-29-2005, 04:56 PM

Tammi - I bet you think she looks familiar because she looks like - Courtney Thorne Smith!!

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Set/8313/gallery/Risk2_303_Courtney_Thorne-Smith-t.jpg

Jennifer - maybe she snubbed you b./c she wasn't feeling well - or her DH was being crabby about meeting up with you -

marcij
12-29-2005, 05:00 PM
Nice looking family, Marci!

Thanks, Tammi. Your pictures show you have a great family, too!

I see Nicholas got to see the Power Rangers -- my boys would have loved to see the Power Rangers -- but the timing just didn't work out. I saw that you would be there at the same time we were, but between working 12 hour days and getting ready for end of school parties, not to mention Christmas, I was at my limit as to what I could accomplish before we left. If it hadn't been for my DH Randy, we wouldn't have had the shirts for the trip.

bear74
12-29-2005, 05:01 PM
I've got a SIL that would be in contention and we haven't spoken to her in over 13 years.

Deb
pg 1320
oh me to. No one in our family has spoken to or seen SIL since '97 maybe '98 can't rember its been so long. her choice long story talk to Brother sporadically have not seen my niece since then either and she was only 2 or 3.

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 05:03 PM
Tammi - I bet you think she looks familiar because she looks like - Courtney Thorne Smith!!

-
You are SO right!

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 05:05 PM
Thanks, Tammi. Your pictures show you have a great family, too!

I see Nicholas got to see the Power Rangers -- my boys would have loved to see the Power Rangers -- but the timing just didn't work out. I saw that you would be there at the same time we were, but between working 12 hour days and getting ready for end of school parties, not to mention Christmas, I was at my limit as to what I could accomplish before we left. If it hadn't been for my DH Randy, we wouldn't have had the shirts for the trip.
Thank you. We did the first PR meet/greet of the day. Everyone else was rushing to ToT/RnRC, which we FPd, and there was virtually no one at the PRs. It was great!

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 05:07 PM
OK, everyone. Photos are finally uploaded and available. Beware - there are alot!

http://photobucket.com/albums/y254/tammi67/WDW%20December%202005/

Steamboat Marti
12-29-2005, 05:08 PM

Love it Kate!!!!

Glynis
12-29-2005, 05:08 PM
ok - miss hangs out with the rich and famous - who else do you know?!!?!?!

That's it, honestly. It helps that my dad is a theater producer. Of course, no one expected any of these guys to make it professionally. So, in almost 40 years of life those are my only 2 examples of knowing famous people.

Blueeyes101817
12-29-2005, 05:09 PM
Go to the dr. now. Do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars. Seriously, if it's an infection you could be on antibiotics for a few days before you leave which will help you feel better for your trip. If it's nothing bad, what are you out? Mostly time. At least you'll know.

That's just my opinion. I'm a paranoid mom, though, who takes her kids to the doctor a lot. I just know that it makes me feel better to have a professional opinion.

Thanks-- ive been taking meds today/tonight---then if im still sick tomrrow, ill call and go in--i just hate going in!!
thanks!

ReAnSt
12-29-2005, 05:12 PM
Amy,

Were the sugar cookies the only type that you made or did you make other types of cookies as well?

Becky

Steamboat Marti
12-29-2005, 05:14 PM

I though the same exact thing!! How cool to kiss Benjamin Bratt????

ReAnSt
12-29-2005, 05:15 PM
Wow glynis!!

I never really thought about it till now but that would make her Paige Page, what a great name combination. :rotfl: No wonder she goes by Paige Davis.

Becky

bear74
12-29-2005, 05:19 PM
I am wading through all 2000 posts that were made while we were gone and this caught my eye...

Denise... we lived in Athens for close to 2 years! '81-83
pg 1322
welcome back. very nice picture of the family. Hope you had a wonderful trip

julia & nicks mom
12-29-2005, 05:20 PM
OK, everyone. Photos are finally uploaded and available. Beware - there are alot!

Tammi - I love your pictures

where are those alligators at Epcot - I have never seen them

I forgot I made you autograph pages - how did they work out?

MinnieMouseMom
12-29-2005, 05:22 PM

Great job!! Love it!

julia & nicks mom
I though the same exact thing!! How cool to kiss Benjamin Bratt????

Marti - I think I would make that hwo I introduced myslef to people

my name is Kate and I have kissed Benjamin Bratt - on multiple occasions! :love2:

Steamboat Marti

Isn't he the one that married Paige Davis from Trading Spaces????

ETA: I should really catch up before looking like a real Dork!!!

Steamboat Marti
12-29-2005, 05:24 PM

Wasn't that televised? Did I see you on tv??

julia & nicks mom
12-29-2005, 05:24 PM
Kelli - I just saw your signature -

did I miss where you told us your DH surprised you with an upgrade -when did you find out?!?!

mgkkgdm
12-29-2005, 05:26 PM
My humblest apologies to the Queen and her Court! :flower:

Bannish her to the dungeon, Dear Queen...

miss missy

Looking at these now Tammi! I just loved the MVMCP!! The parade, the Twas the night... show, the fireworks! O man, we liked it so much we went 3 times!!! Did you like that party night???

julia & nicks mom
Isn't he the one that married Paige Davis from Trading Spaces????

seriously - you really have to quit thinking like me!!! :rotfl:

Tammi67
Tammi - I love your pictures

where are those alligators at Epcot - I have never seen them

I forgot I made you autograph pages - how did they work out?
Thank you.

Sorry...those were at POFQ, they got lumped into the Epcot pictures.

They were a hit with the talking characters. They loved seeing their pictures.

Too bad they say Christmas 2005. I can recycle most of Alyssa's :rotfl:

bear74
12-29-2005, 05:27 PM
I am going on a very unexpected trip to Disney in 17 days :cool1: I have a very good mil story to tell :goodvibes My mil, her dh, bil & family have been planning a trip to Disney in Jan. I received a call today asking if I would like to go because mil's dh has decided not to go. Everything is paid for except my food! I am so excited :cheer2: Dh & the boys will stay home, so I will have a chance to view Disney in a different way. I will miss my boys not being with me, but I will get over it :) Dh is not a big Disney fan(I am working on him)but he knows I love Disney & he is very happy for me. I will also get to the chance to stay at different resorts, 3 nights at the Contemporary, 3 nights at the Boardwalk Villas, & 1 night at AKL. I am about ready to burst! I have only stayed at value resorts, so this is really a treat. Well the whole trip is, I think I am still in shock. I just had to share this with you all, oh I need to get planning! Look out Disney here I come.............
pg 1323
wow see I knew their had to be other nice MIL out their. mine was fantastic.

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 05:31 PM
Looking at these now Tammi! I just loved the MVMCP!! The parade, the Twas the night... show, the fireworks! O man, we liked it so much we went 3 times!!! Did you like that party night???
We really did. The kids did great. We had and ADR at LTT at 4:10. Went from there to a few rides, to Twas the Night, to rides, to Wishes, to rides, to parade, to rides. When we left it was after midnight. I can't believe they lasted all night!

julia & nicks mom
12-29-2005, 05:31 PM
Bannish her to the dungeon, Dear Queen...
That is an EXCELLENT idea!!!

Steamboat Marti
12-29-2005, 05:32 PM
That is an EXCELLENT idea!!!

Uh Oh.... Skunka and Kate might agree on something? The world as we know it is about to end.....

julia & nicks mom
12-29-2005, 05:33 PM
Uh Oh.... Skunka and Kate might agree on something? The world as we know it is about to end.....

we can't possible disagree on EVERYTHING!!

We both love Disney and You!! ;)

tink2020
12-29-2005, 05:36 PM
Very cute card. She looks familiar to me. Do I know her??

Um... I dont know. She's lived in Cincy forever :confused3

Tammi67
There's that DDA love!

mgkkgdm

Becky

I did not no DisneyWorld was on the east coast, I'll be able to sleep better tonight now, THANKS.

tink2020
Trip pictures finally! It only takes me months to finally figure out how to post them....
Here's the whole family at Epcot the first day:
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d96/marcij/MVMCP%202005/IMG_8264.jpg

What a yahoo -- I put them in reflective shirts! (Only had time to do two shirts for this trip!)

Here are Andrew and Jake in their shirts Kate personalized for them:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d96/marcij/MVMCP%202005/IMG_8568.jpg

Here are our shirts Denise did for us:
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d96/marcij/MVMCP%202005/IMG_8649.jpg

Great pictures! :goodvibes

MinnieMouseMom
12-29-2005, 05:37 PM
Why don't we take a little poll! It's not like we all don' tlike talking on here! LOL

I'm in New Hampshire! (eastern time zone)

I'm in Oregon (Pacific Time Zone) It's currently 3:39pm

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 05:37 PM
Um... I dont know. She's lived in Cincy forever :confused3
Kate and I decided it was because she looks like Courtney Thorne-Smith.

tink2020
12-29-2005, 05:38 PM
That's how I told Phil that I was pregnant! I was at WDW with my DSis and her baby when I found out for sure. I bought Phil a pair of baby mouse ears and the lady embroidered "Baby (last name)" on it for me. They are so cute and are put away with her first "Terra" ears and her "First Haircut" ears.

That's very cool! :goodvibes

Tammi67
Keep that in mind, Jennifer.....

MinnieMouseMom

Oh no!! Lot's of pixie dust for you! :wizard:

tink2020
12-29-2005, 05:39 PM

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Set/8313/gallery/Risk2_303_Courtney_Thorne-Smith-t.jpg

Jennifer - maybe she snubbed you b./c she wasn't feeling well - or her DH was being crabby about meeting up with you -

It's really ok. I was just putting her in a frame of reference :rotfl: She's sort of just like that. Actually, my guess is her DH yelled at her :rolleyes:

tink2020
12-29-2005, 05:40 PM
You are SO right!

Wow... I dont' see much resemblence. I guess that's generally what happens when you know someone IRL :rotfl:

ReAnSt
12-29-2005, 05:43 PM
I did not no DisneyWorld was on the east coast, I'll be able to sleep better tonight now, THANKS.

You're very welcome Paul. I hope you get a very good night of sleep. :rotfl2:

bear74
12-29-2005, 05:43 PM
Drum roll please .......

1,000 posts --- Yippee

Thanks for helping me out - you guys are the best!!!!
pg 1328
congrats marti

tink2020
12-29-2005, 05:45 PM
Keep that in mind, Jennifer.....

Keep what in mind? :confused3

Steamboat Marti
12-29-2005, 05:46 PM
we can't possible disagree on EVERYTHING!!

We both love Disney and You!! ;)

Anybody have any hip boots out there? Deb? Its getting kind of deep around here :teeth:

mgkkgdm
12-29-2005, 05:47 PM
That's good! I was beginning to think it was eaten by USPS!

I like the ones Skunka found for me ... but honestly would flip for copper ones ... or heavy duty ones (like Wilton makes with the rubber tops!).

Your welcome, next time I will try harder to find better ones for you. And that is Mr. Skunka to you.

Glynis
12-29-2005, 05:49 PM
Wasn't that televised? Did I see you on tv??

Oh I doubt it. I try very hard to stay away from cameras. I spent most of my time inside the home (they were married at the home of some joint friends of ours) nursing twins. The twins were brand new, and I couldn't leave them alone that long without feeding. Love those girls, but they sure cut into my socializing at the wedding.

Steamboat Marti
12-29-2005, 05:50 PM
Oh I doubt it. I try very hard to stay away from cameras. I spent most of my time inside the home (they were married at the home of some joint friends of ours) nursing twins. The twins were brand new, and I couldn't leave them alone that long without feeding. Love those girls, but they sure cut into my socializing at the wedding.

Too bad we didn't get to see you !! I thought that show was nice, but I could tell I didn't care for him too much.

MinnieMouseMom
12-29-2005, 05:50 PM
Kelli - I just saw your signature -

did I miss where you told us your DH surprised you with an upgrade -when did you find out?!?!

Did I not tell you guys? Sheesh, blonde brain. :teeth: Yep, we were in ASMo. We went to the parks and dh said he needed to go off by himself. He was gone practically all day. Turns out he got us the honeymoon suite at Polynesian, he had gone back to ASMo, gotten a change of clothes, toothbrushes, hairbrushes, etc. taken them back to Polynesian, then gone back to the parks to meet up with us. We knew his mom was going to watch the girls while we go to dinner that night. He said he couldn't get us into the Kona Cafe or Ohana for that night but he had connections at the Polynesian. :rolleyes: So we head over there and I thought he was taking me to the luau which I wasn't overly thrilled with. I hadn't heard really good things about it and it was kind of rainy. So we're half way to the luau place and he says "here's your room key". So we go walking into Tahiti (If I remember correctly) and he says, we're at the end of this hall. We keep walking by and I see King Kamehaha (or however that's spelled) Suites, Princess someoneorother Suites, and then our #4. He told me it was the honeymoon suite. :teeth: It had a king bed, whirpool tub, great bathroom, concierge (which we didn't really get to take advantage of at all except for getting morning reservations for Ohana). Anyway, we ordered room service, saw the Electric Water Pageant from our lanai, watched TV, then went to bed. Oh, the coolest thing was I walked in the room and there was a full sized Christmas tree in there. I just thought that was so cool. I have pics. I'll have to upload into photobucket when I get back. I need to leave for my birthday dinner. :)

mgkkgdm
12-29-2005, 05:51 PM
You're very welcome Paul. I hope you get a very good night of sleep. :rotfl2:

Can't, I have to go and tend bar tonight.

tink2020
12-29-2005, 05:52 PM
Did I not tell you guys? Sheesh, blonde brain. :teeth: Yep, we were in ASMo. We went to the parks and dh said he needed to go off by himself. He was gone practically all day. Turns out he got us the honeymoon suite at Polynesian, he had gone back to ASMo, gotten a change of clothes, toothbrushes, hairbrushes, etc. taken them back to Polynesian, then gone back to the parks to meet up with us. We knew his mom was going to watch the girls while we go to dinner that night. He said he couldn't get us into the Kona Cafe or Ohana for that night but he had connections at the Polynesian. :rolleyes: So we head over there and I thought he was taking me to the luau which I wasn't overly thrilled with. I hadn't heard really good things about it and it was kind of rainy. So we're half way to the luau place and he says "here's your room key". So we go walking into Tahiti (If I remember correctly) and he says, we're at the end of this hall. We keep walking by and I see King Kamehaha (or however that's spelled) Suites, Princess someoneorother Suites, and then our #4. He told me it was the honeymoon suite. :teeth: It had a king bed, whirpool tub, great bathroom, concierge (which we didn't really get to take advantage of at all except for getting morning reservations for Ohana). Anyway, we ordered room service, saw the Electric Water Pageant from our lanai, watched TV, then went to bed. Oh, the coolest thing was I walked in the room and there was a full sized Christmas tree in there. I just thought that was so cool. I have pics. I'll have to upload into photobucket when I get back. I need to leave for my birthday dinner. :)

Wow! How sweet! :goodvibes

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 05:53 PM
Keep what in mind? :confused3

Originally Posted by tmfranlk

Glynis
12-29-2005, 05:54 PM
Too bad we didn't get to see you !! I thought that show was nice, but I could tell I didn't care for him too much.

He's always been awfully full of himself. He and Mindy (that's what she goes by IRL, Mindy Paige) met when they were both in the touring company of Beauty and the Beast. He was Lumiere and she was the feather duster. She is an incredibly funny lady. In fact, she would fit in here on the DIS, Patrick, not so much!

tink2020
12-29-2005, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by tmfranlk

Ahh, yes! I definitely stored all of that away :goodvibes

bear74
12-29-2005, 05:55 PM
Last night I turned on HBO and I can now proudly proclaim that I am the last person in America to watch Titanic.

It was okay, but I really didn't get all the hype. Maybe one of those movies that plays better at the theatre than on the small screen. IMHO, Evita was very much that way. Great at the movies, not so good at home.
pg 1337 I think.
No you are not the last if you are talking about the one with Leonardo de caprio I have not seen that one.

bear74
12-29-2005, 06:15 PM
you! yep, gotta love the jennifer--and im jennifer lynne--like theres no others with THAT name!
pg 1333
Im Jennifer Renay and I think I am about 10 years older then both of you.

bear74
12-29-2005, 06:18 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/tink2020/balloons.gifhttp://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/tink2020/swingingcongrats.gifhttp://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/tink2020/balloons.gif

We did it.... 20,000 posts! Here's to 20,000 more in our trouble free family!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/tink2020/champagne2.gif
pg 1334
congrats to us all and espically Tink2020

bear74
12-29-2005, 06:25 PM
My original crush before Ricky was John Schneider. Bo Duke still looks pretty fine too! No manilla folders of him though. :teeth:

pg 1335
right their with you. I had a poster of Bo and Luke Duke on my Door.