PDA

View Full Version : ***Disney Design Addict's Chit Chat,Designs and Pixie Dust! Everybody WELCOME!*** Part 5

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

bengalbelle
12-29-2005, 12:09 AM
I can't sleep and got on here, y'all are crazy!
Don't worry KAte, I already see that I am a big Thread Killer! I posted on 2 threads HOURS ago and no nada zero responses!!! AHHH I guess I need you, the Queen, OMG I said it, to get me "IN"!!!!!!!!
I saw you posted somewhere today and I knew who you were! Welcome back!

Steamboat Marti
I'm feeling old here. hehehehe ;)

Getting older by the minute aren't you!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!

Blueeyes101817
Thank you, thank you! I just got an email from the DIS boards too! LOL :teeth:

i told ya id get it right!!

ReAnSt
THanks for the support, I was almost afraid to post here!!

Don't be afraid to post. We won't bite. It's kind of hard to bite through cyberspace anyways. What are you afriad of?

Becky

disneyeveryyear
I can see Marti we can be Kindred Spirits!! :rotfl2:

You must include Amy in the those who pick on Kate thread.

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 12:10 AM
Oh, I'm addicted, but at the moment I'm addicted and OBSESSED with picking dates for next December. DH is all freaked out by the big crowds I've read about this week (would be the week we go next year) vs earlier in the month. If we go later, the kids don't miss any school and we can go for a longer trip. Otherwise, we only go for 4 days/5 nights and the kids would miss 3 days of school. I can't wait for Tammi to get back to give me the scoop. So, I'm checking the TPAS board constantly looking for updates! I've already booked a package with AAA, so if we're changing, I need to do it ASAP.

Any advice or opinions from the DDA?

Denise --

I can tell you that the crowds increased exponentially on a daily basis from 12/17-12/25. We had no trouble at all doing things at the beginning of our trip and by the end it was very crowded. Still got things done... just took a lot longer.

That being said... we will still go back again Christmas week next year!

BTW -- I thought of you at MCO on Monday evening. There was a young couple with identical triplet boys in the security line. They had on Elmo sweatshirts and were as adorable as they could be!

Blueeyes101817
12-29-2005, 12:11 AM
I think you're ENJOYING making s feel old! LOL

I was a sophomore in high school.

My DH just said, "I have SHOES older than her!!!"

okay i must say..in 83 i was just a thought :) i wasnt born till oct 1984

MinnieMouseMom
12-29-2005, 12:12 AM
Getting older by the minute aren't you!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!

:rotfl: That I am!! :rotfl:

Princess Nancy
Afraid I'd Kill this thread even!!

Blueeyes101817

just wanted to say hi!

Steamboat Marti
12-29-2005, 12:13 AM
You're not old just wise and full of wisdom.

Becky

Becky - I would've never guessed you were 23. You always say such nice things at the right time, that I would've thought you were older for some reason :confused3

disneyeveryyear
12-29-2005, 12:13 AM

You would have to be a very powerful Princess to kill this thread.

It has survived through poop and diaper rash and all sorts of goodies.

julia & nicks mom
12-29-2005, 12:14 AM
ELin -

I missed you - I am glad you are back!!!

Princess Nancy
:Pinkbounc Thanks all! Looking forward tothe weight loss thread. I usually am not up this late. how will I ever keep up???

ReAnSt

I don't think you will kill this thread it is a monster with way too many heads to slay for it to be killed.

Welcome to the DDA Nancy.

Becky

bengalbelle
12-29-2005, 12:15 AM
Thank you, thank you! I just got an email from the DIS boards too! LOL :teeth:
:bday:

my3princes
12-29-2005, 12:15 AM
I am going on a very unexpected trip to Disney in 17 days :cool1: I have a very good mil story to tell :goodvibes My mil, her dh, bil & family have been planning a trip to Disney in Jan. I received a call today asking if I would like to go because mil's dh has decided not to go. Everything is paid for except my food! I am so excited :cheer2: Dh & the boys will stay home, so I will have a chance to view Disney in a different way. I will miss my boys not being with me, but I will get over it :) Dh is not a big Disney fan(I am working on him)but he knows I love Disney & he is very happy for me. I will also get to the chance to stay at different resorts, 3 nights at the Contemporary, 3 nights at the Boardwalk Villas, & 1 night at AKL. I am about ready to burst! I have only stayed at value resorts, so this is really a treat. Well the whole trip is, I think I am still in shock. I just had to share this with you all, oh I need to get planning! Look out Disney here I come.............

You just got drenched with :wizard: :wizard: . Nice to see a good MIL story.

Deb

Princess Nancy
12-29-2005, 12:16 AM
:grouphug: I feel so loved! Thanks for the warm welcome! :cloud9:

tink2020
12-29-2005, 12:17 AM
Don't worry KAte, I already see that I am a big Thread Killer! I posted on 2 threads HOURS ago and no nada zero responses!!! AHHH I guess I need you, the Queen, OMG I said it, to get me "IN"!!!!!!!!

Welcome to our madness!

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 12:17 AM
But I really miss that "bad" stuff sometimes... so when we were in WDW I thought - s0d it I'm on vacation and we ate pancakes from IHOP about 7 times! :rolleyes1

But payback is so awful, Clare. DD19 and I both have IBS and she is lactose intolerant. I seem to manage mine better than she does, mainly because I have been dealing with it longer and also because I don't appear to have the lactose intolerance. Even with Lactaid she was sick most of this past trip because she wanted to eat so many of her favorite foods. Finally by day 6 she realized she needed to pick and choose. Things did get marginally better when that happened.

disneyeveryyear
12-29-2005, 12:18 AM
Well all, I am going to bed. Want to spend a little time reading Diana Gabaldon's Drums of Autumn. At 880 pages, it is taking a while.

Good night.

my3princes
Just got this and thought I would share. :rotfl:
Excellent Christmas Cookie Receipe

Christmas Cookie Ingredients:

1 cup of water
lemon juice
1 tsp baking soda
4 large eggs
1 cup of sugar
1 cup nuts
1 tsp salt
2 cups of dried fruit
1 cup of brown sugar
1 bottle Jack Daniel's Whiskey

Sample the Jack Daniel's to check quality. Take a large bowl, check the Jack Daniel's again, to be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink.

Turn on the electric mixer....Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add one teaspoon of sugar...Beat again. At this point it's best to make sure the Jack Daniel's is still OK, try another cup .just in case.

Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit. Pick the frigging fruit off floor... Mix on the turner. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers just pry it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the Jack Daniel's to check for tonsisticity.

Next, sift two cups of salt, or something. Who giveshz a sheet. Check the Jack Daniel's. Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven.

Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. ; Don't forget to beat off the turner. Finally, throw the bowl through the window, finish the Dack Janiels and make sure to put the stove in the dishwasher.

CHERRY MISTMAS

I might have to try that recipe on New Year's Eve. I wonder if I could substitute Southern Comfort for Jack Daniels? :rotfl: :rotfl:

Deb

julia & nicks mom
This is one of my favorites:

YOU KNOW YOU WERE A LITTLE GIRL IN THE 70'S IF.....

· You wore that rainbow shirt that had half-sleeves, and a rainbow that went up one sleeve, across your chest, and down the other.

· You made baby chocolate cakes in Your Easy Bake Oven. You washed them down with snow cones from Your Snoopy Snow Cone Machine.

· You had that Fisher Price Doctor's Kit with a stethoscope that actually worked.
· You owned a bicycle with a banana seat, handlebar streamers, and a basket.

· You owned roller skates with metal wheels. (Maybe even the one's that attached over top of your shoes!)

· You thought Gopher from The Love Boat was cute. (Admit it!)
· You had nightmares after watching Fantasy Island.

· You had rubber boots for rainy/snowy days - remember Moon Boots?
(Then you advanced to Duck Shoes in the 80s.)

· You had an orange Tupperware lunchbox, or a metal Muppets lunchbox with matching thermos.
· You had either a "bowl cut" or a "pixie", not to mention the "Dorothy Hamill". How traumatic when people thought that you were a boy.
· Your Holly Hobbie sleeping bag was your most prized possession.

· You wore a poncho, gauchos, and knickers.

· You begged Santa for the electronic game, Simon. (of course Nancy got it!! :rolleyes: )

· You had the Donnie and Marie dolls with those pink and purple shredded outfits.

· You spent hours out back on your metal swing set with the trapeze.

· You had homemade ribbon barrettes in every imaginable color.

· You had a pair of Doctor Scholl's sandals (the ones with hard sole & the buckle).

· You wanted to be Laura Ingalls Wilder really badly. You wore that Little House on the Prairie-inspired plaid, ruffle shirt with the high neck in at least one school picture; and you despised Nellie Olson!

· You wanted your first kiss to be at the roller rink.

· Your hairstyle was described as having "wings" and You kept it "pretty" with the rainbow/purple/pink plastic comb you kept in your back pocket.

· You know who Strawberry Shortcake is, as well as who her friends; Blueberry Muffin, Apple Dumpling, and Huckleberry Pie were.
· You and your girlfriends would fight over which of the Dukes of Hazzard was your boyfriend.

· Every now and then "It's A Hard Knock Life" from the movie, "Annie" will pop into your brain and you can't stop singing it the whole day.
· You had Star Wars action figures.

· It was a big event in your household each year when the "Wizard of Oz" would come on TV. Your mom would break out the popcorn and sleeping bags!

· You had the "Wizard of Oz" doll set , too.

· You had subscriptions to Dynamite and Tiger Beat.

· You asked your Magic-8 Ball the question: "Who will I marry...Shaun Cassidy, Leif Garrett, or Rick Springfield?"

· You completely wore out your "Grease", "Saturday Night Fever", and "Fame" soundtrack albums.

· You tried to do lots of arts and crafts things, like yarn and Popsicle stick God's Eyes or those weird potholders made on a plastic loom.

· You made Shrinky-Dinks!

· You used to tape record songs off the radio by holding your portable tape recorder up to the speaker.

· You couldn't wait to get the free animal poster that came when you ordered books from the Weekly Reader book club.

· You learned everything you needed to know about girl's issues from Judy Blume books like; "Are You there God? It's me, Margaret."

· You thought Olivia Newton John's song, "Physical" was about aerobics. :rotfl:
· You wore friendship pins on your tennis shoes, or shoelaces with heart or rainbow designs.

· You wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer.

· You had a Big Wheel with a brake on the side, and a Sit-n-Spin.

I decided to bold everything that applied to me - and realized I really only need the Snoopy snow cone machine and Wizard of oz dolls!!!!

tink2020
I think you're ENJOYING making s feel old! LOL

I was a sophomore in high school.

My DH just said, "I have SHOES older than her!!!"

Sorry, I'm really not trying anything. If it helps, I feel MUCH older than 22. Always. I think I'd rather be older and feel much younger than 22 and feel much older!

Eeyorecln
12-29-2005, 12:19 AM
We also give the kids ornaments every year. When my two oldest moved out I gave them their ornaments they had received thru the years. I became their stepmom when they were 6 and 8 so it was a nice collection. They love it!!!

Now my two boys also look forward to putting their ornaments on the tree each year. I also put the year on the ornament somewhere with a black perm marker. This year Alex received "THE BELL" from Polar Express Movie.....and Austin received a pretty ball ornament from the move NARNIA. My husband and I also exchange ornaments. I give him every year a picture ornament with a picture of the kids that I took sometime during the year.

I love traditions!!!

Lynn
We exchange ornaments every year, too. Where do you get a picture ornament at?

tink2020
12-29-2005, 12:21 AM

IMPOSSIBLE!

Princess Nancy
12-29-2005, 12:22 AM
Posted by KAte:
You begged Santa for the electronic game, Simon. (of course Nancy got it!! )

And you probably broke it!!!!! :earseek:

julia & nicks mom
12-29-2005, 12:23 AM
Hey Jennifer - did you see you hit 1500?

itslisa
12-29-2005, 12:24 AM
Kelli / MinnieMouseMom

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c319/pxydust/aapmickeyhb2.gifhttp://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c319/pxydust/d2576.gifhttp://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c319/pxydust/aapmickeyhb.gif

tink2020
Hey Jennifer - did you see you hit 1500?

No! Wow..... again, thanks mostly to the DDA. I think almost 900 of them are here! Thanks for pointing it out!

ETA: 908 at this point :rotfl:

ReAnSt
Becky - I would've never guessed you were 23. You always say such nice things at the right time, that I would've thought you were older for some reason :confused3

Thanks for the compliment.

I have always been told that, never seemed to fit in socially with those my age. Some of my friends in college were older than the average college student. My best friend from college just got married, she is 28 her husband is 30, one of my other friends is 33. I have some close friends who are my age and some who are younger just always seemed closer to those who are older.

Perhaps it is because I spent most of my childhood growing up with my Aunt who is 5 years older than me, everyone to this day still asks me how my "sister is doing. They also ask me how my twin is doing. They are referring to my brother he is 22 months younger than me and people always thought we were twins as kids. I don't get it as he had a white blode hair and mine was a dark brown but whatever.

I also work with people who are all 40 something or beyond, the sad thing is so many of them are female and are going through a divorce or having serious issues with there husbands it makes me so sad. I know so many people who are like that. I guess listening to them will do that to you.

Becky

disneyeveryyear
12-29-2005, 12:25 AM

· You wore that rainbow shirt that had half-sleeves, and a rainbow that went up one sleeve, across your chest, and down the other.

· You made baby chocolate cakes in Your Easy Bake Oven. You washed them down with snow cones from Your Snoopy Snow Cone Machine.

·You had that Fisher Price Doctor's Kit with a stethoscope that actually worked.

· You owned roller skates with metal wheels. (Maybe even the one's that attached over top of your shoes!)

· You had an orange Tupperware lunchbox, or a metal Muppets lunchbox with matching thermos.
· You had either a "bowl cut" or a "pixie", not to mention the "Dorothy Hamill". How traumatic when people thought that you were a boy.

· You begged Santa for the electronic game, Simon.

· You had the Donnie and Marie dolls with those pink and purple shredded outfits.

· You had a pair of Doctor Scholl's sandals (the ones with hard sole & the buckle).

· You wanted to be Laura Ingalls Wilder really badly. You wore that Little House on the Prairie-inspired plaid, ruffle shirt with the high neck in at least one school picture; and you despised Nellie Olson!

· Your hairstyle was described as having "wings" and You kept it "pretty" with the rainbow/purple/pink plastic comb you kept in your back pocket.

· You know who Strawberry Shortcake is, as well as who her friends; Blueberry Muffin, Apple Dumpling, and Huckleberry Pie were.
· You and your girlfriends would fight over which of the Dukes of Hazzard was your boyfriend.

· Every now and then "It's A Hard Knock Life" from the movie, "Annie" will pop into your brain and you can't stop singing it the whole day.

· It was a big event in your household each year when the "Wizard of Oz" would come on TV. Your mom would break out the popcorn and sleeping bags!

· You asked your Magic-8 Ball the question: "Who will I marry...Shaun Cassidy, Leif Garrett, or Rick Springfield?"

· You completely wore out your "Grease", "Saturday Night Fever", and "Fame" soundtrack albums.

· You tried to do lots of arts and crafts things, like yarn and Popsicle stick God's Eyes or those weird potholders made on a plastic loom.

· You used to tape record songs off the radio by holding your portable tape recorder up to the speaker.

· You couldn't wait to get the free animal poster that came when you ordered books from the Weekly Reader book club.

· You learned everything you needed to know about girl's issues from Judy Blume books like; "Are You there God? It's me, Margaret."

· You wore friendship pins on your tennis shoes, or shoelaces with heart or rainbow designs.

You wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer.

I decided to bold everything that applied to me - and realized I really only need the Snoopy snow cone machine and Wizard of oz dolls!!!!

I did the bold for mine and realized that those extra 8 - 10 years I have on most of you make a huge difference.

julia & nicks mom
12-29-2005, 12:26 AM
Posted by KAte:

Listen up - you may be the queen IRL - but around her I am and I can have you banished - just ask Paul and Amy -

they were shaking in their boots the time I banned them!!! :rolleyes:

bengalbelle

· You had that Fisher Price Doctor's Kit with a stethoscope that actually worked.

· You begged Santa for the electronic game, Simon. (of course Nancy got it!! :rolleyes: )

OMG!! How true! My mom still has her potholders (no lie-I swear), she just pulled my Holly Hobbie sleeping bag out of the closet, I so had the Donnie and Marie dolls complete with microphones, and I broke my arm on my metal skates. Most of these apply to me, but those are the ones I remember most :goodvibes

Steamboat Marti
Thanks for the compliment.

My best friend from college just got married, she is 28 her husband is 30, one of my other friends is 33. I have some close friends who are my age and some who are younger just always seemed closer to those who are older.

Hey - I'm 42 and my best friend (besides Skunka of course!!) is 61. That's nearly a 20 year age difference!!

my3princes
12-29-2005, 12:27 AM
Favorite shows are Survivor (and other various reality shows), well written comedys (sometimes hard to come by - like Two and a Half Men. Well written) and I love House Hunters on HGTV. I'm such a dork...

Ok I'm back about 30 pages. I think you've posted 40 pages since I was on this morning. I don't think I'll ever catch up.

Marti. I love the reality shows and must be a dork too cause I watch House Hunters. I have no idea why as we plan to live here forever.

Deb

Steamboat Marti
12-29-2005, 12:27 AM
Listen up - you may be the queen IRL - but around her I am and I can have you banished - just ask Paul and Amy -

Oh come on - or I'll drop a house on you too!!!! :teeth:

itslisa
12-29-2005, 12:28 AM
I might have to try that recipe on New Year's Eve. I wonder if I could substitute Southern Comfort for Jack Daniels? :rotfl: :rotfl:

Deb

No no no ... SAMBUCA! We were doing shots on Christmas Eve ... a bit of a tradition for us. (darn BIL! LOL) After 2 shots I looked at my DH and said "you're driving home, right????" Luckily, he hardly drinks ......

Princess Nancy

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

julia & nicks mom
Ok I'm back about 30 pages. I think you've posted 40 pages since I was on this morning. I don't think I'll ever catch up.

Marti. I love the reality shows and must be a dork too cause I watch House Hunters. I have no idea why as we plan to live here forever.

Deb
Hey Deb - I have a secret - I quit reading - don't tell!!!

Steamboat Marti
12-29-2005, 12:29 AM

Deb

I think its because I like to see other people's taste. I love it when they go back to the house after they lived there a few months and then show the changes.

tinker1bell
12-29-2005, 12:30 AM
[QUOTE=julia & nicks mom]This is one of my favorites:

You had an orange Tupperware lunchbox, I sold tupperware so I had a few of them for the kids

You had homemade ribbon barrettes in every imaginable color I made them in every color I could get for DD

Every now and then "It's A Hard Knock Life" from the movie, "Annie" is sung by DD since she just loved Annie Took her to see it when Andrea Mccordle (sp?) was in it

You had Star Wars action figures the boys had them and tons of Lego toys

It was a big event in your household each year when the "Wizard of Oz" would come on TV. we all watched it together

Blueeyes101817
12-29-2005, 12:31 AM
ive always had friends that were older than me....i look younger, but i act older..so strange!

ReAnSt
12-29-2005, 12:32 AM
Does anybody else no longer have light bulbs to tell them other people are online. My screen just says reanst is online or tinker1bell is online but the light bulbs are gone.

Becky

Steamboat Marti
Every now and then "It's A Hard Knock Life"[/FONT] from the movie, "Annie" is sung by DD since she just loved Annie Took her to see it when Andrea Mccordle (sp?) was in it

I saw it with Andrea McArdle too!! I thought it was the greatest show... but then again, I was her age when I saw it.

tink2020
Hey Deb - I have a secret - I quit reading - don't tell!!!

CHEATER! The one time you are behind, and you don't even dignify the rest of us with your time. Sheesh! Some queen .... SOME of us have had to wade through 40 pages on multiple occasions;)

julia & nicks mom
Does anybody else no longer have light bulbs to tell them other people are online. My screen just says reanst is online or tinker1bell is online but the light bulbs are gone.

Becky

Nope - I still have the lightbulbs -

what mode are you browsing in?

Steamboat Marti
12-29-2005, 12:33 AM

Hey Kate - you know I love ya!!! Where would I be without my Skunka and Steamboat shirt??? So come out and play!!!

ETA: oooppsss, she posted right above me :blush:

ReAnSt
12-29-2005, 12:34 AM
ive always had friends that were older than me....i look younger, but i act older..so strange!

My friend who is 33 is the biggest kid I have ever met. The funny thing is she can almost pass for one. When they have the age guessing game, we always give her money to play for us because we know she will will. They always guess that she is about 12 to 15.

Becky

ReAnSt
12-29-2005, 12:35 AM
Nope - I still have the lightbulbs -

what mode are you browsing in?

I'm browsing in regular mode. They are there now they just went incognito for a bit I guess.

Becky

Blueeyes101817
My friend who is 33 is the biggest kid I have ever met. The funny thing is she can pass for one. When they have the age guessing game, we always give her money to play for us because we know she will will. They always guess that she is about 12.

Becky

haha...im 21, but people say i look 18 or 19..not too bad, but kinda funny

julia & nicks mom
CHEATER! The one time you are behind, and you don't even dignify the rest of us with your time. Sheesh! Some queen .... SOME of us have had to wade through 40 pages on multiple occasions;)
I am going to go read in a bit - but I wanted to post - so I had to make a choice!!

I feel REALLY bad for Denise - here she has probably had a bad day and will come home to a gazillion pages to read -

I know you were all were just trying to irritate me - but you actually probably ended up hurting Denise who is probably tired and worn out and was looking forward to coming on here tomorrow and chatting with us and celebrating 20,000 - but now on top of having to spend a horrible day with her MIL - she missed it - I bet you all feel like crap now!!!

Princess Nancy
12-29-2005, 12:36 AM
okay since I'm kinda new....where oh where do I see who is online?

Princess Nancy
12-29-2005, 12:38 AM
I am going to go read in a bit - but I wanted to post - so I had to make a choice!!

I feel REALLY bad for Denise - here she has probably had a bad day and will come home to a gazillion pages to read -

I know you were all were just trying to irritate me - but you actually probably ended up hurting Denise who is probably tired and worn out and was looking forward to coming on here tomorrow and chatting with us and celebrating 20,000 - but now on top of having to spend a horrible day with her MIL - she missed it - I bet you all feel like crap now!!!

You put up with this SH.....? She is your Queen?? :rolleyes:

tink2020

I was just giving you a hard time. I dont think any of us were posting to annoy you! We were just finally on a posting frenzy again.... it's been a while.

itslisa
OK ... mine are included in red ....

yup!

loved my Snoopy Snow Cone machine!!!

OK - I cannot even begin to tell you how much I wanted a bicycle with a banana seat!!!!

with a skate key!!

Boss! Da plane! Da plane!!

OK ... I actually tried on a pair of "duck shoe" boots by Sporto the other day!!!

yup!

npe - but a Holly Hobby lunchboax and stained glasss in my window!

I made my own gauchos & knickers in sewing class! LOLm

my EVIL sister got it

no trapeze ... we just hung from thetop bars!

yup!

LOL still do!

yup! I even had glasses like Mary!!!

yup!

yup!

Bo Duke of course!

sad but true

yup!

yup!

yup!

yup!

yup!

yup!

yup!

yup!

yup!

yup!

yup!

not exactly

yup!

tink2020
12-29-2005, 12:39 AM
But alas.... this old lady must go to bed. It's way past my bedtime. I got caught up looking at cruise stuff and in this chatter and I'm beat! Talk to you all tomorrow!

Steamboat Marti
You put up with this SH.....? She is your Queen?? :rolleyes:

Yeah, we don't get out much.... :rolleyes1

julia & nicks mom
okay since I'm kinda new....where oh where do I see who is online?
in the green box under your name - there is a light - yours is green - mine is not - that tells you who is online

if the light is green - they are online - if it is off - they are not

some of us - okay really only Dawn and I are in invisible mode - Dawn b/c she likes to be sly and me b/c people seem to make more requests when they see I am online - ir actually just expect their requests faster

itslisa
12-29-2005, 12:40 AM
Posted by KAte:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Anyone remember Merlin??????? I totally remember getting it for my 10th birthday!

Blueeyes101817
But alas.... this old lady must go to bed. It's way past my bedtime. I got caught up looking at cruise stuff and in this chatter and I'm beat! Talk to you all tomorrow!

looking at royal caribbean right? ;)

nite!

tink2020
haha...im 21, but people say i look 18 or 19..not too bad, but kinda funny

I get the same thing. I have, on more than one occasion, been carded for movies... And on the phone, people think I'm about 12. I still have people ask for my mom or dad sometimes! :rotfl:

When we're older, I'm sure we'll appreciate it!

tink2020
12-29-2005, 12:41 AM
looking at royal caribbean right? ;)

nite!

Nope, just reading up some.... and waiting for my stateroom assignment. I heard you usually find out with your documents, but people are posting like crazy that they are getting them for their June cruises...

Well, we're the first June cruise and I WANT MINE! :rotfl:

Blueeyes101817
12-29-2005, 12:41 AM
I get the same thing. I have, on more than one occasion, been carded for movies... And on the phone, people think I'm about 12. I still have people ask for my mom or dad sometimes! :rotfl:

thats what everyone says to me!

you get carded at the movies ?? i got carded last year buying a lottery ticket haha

tink2020
12-29-2005, 12:42 AM
duplicate post :blush:

Blueeyes101817
12-29-2005, 12:43 AM
Understandable!
tonight my family and i were taking turns online looking at our rooms! we can see the different rooms and how they are set up!

bengalbelle
12-29-2005, 12:44 AM

WTH????

julia & nicks mom
12-29-2005, 12:44 AM
I was just giving you a hard time. I dont think any of us were posting to annoy you! We were just finally on a posting frenzy again.... it's been a while.
I was just joking!!

There were actually references that posting so much would drive me crazy (see I do read!! :teeth: )

I just thought it would be fun to lay an old-fashioned guilt trip on you all!!! :earboy2:

itslisa
12-29-2005, 12:45 AM

Are we practicing our guilt trips?????????

my3princes
12-29-2005, 12:45 AM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/tink2020/balloons.gifhttp://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/tink2020/swingingcongrats.gifhttp://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/tink2020/balloons.gif

We did it.... 20,000 posts! Here's to 20,000 more in our trouble free family!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/tink2020/champagne2.gif

Congradulations. Now back to reading the novel you all wrote tonight.

Deb

Blueeyes101817
12-29-2005, 12:46 AM
I was just joking!!

There were actually references that posting so much would drive me crazy (see I do read!! :teeth: )

I just thought it would be fun to lay an old-fashioned guilt trip on you all!!! :earboy2:

good thing i figured you were kidding---i usually fall for guilt trips!

itslisa
12-29-2005, 12:47 AM
Do I dare go to bed????? What will I wake up to in the morning??????????

tink2020
12-29-2005, 12:48 AM

That's what I keep asking myself!

Steamboat Marti
12-29-2005, 12:49 AM
I was just joking!!

Years of practice Queen???

my3princes
12-29-2005, 12:50 AM
O you guys are now talking youth crushes... hmmm David Cassidy was on my wall, and John Stamos!

Rick Springfield. He was on General Hospital and release an album. Yes, album not a cd. :rotfl:

julia & nicks mom
12-29-2005, 12:51 AM
Years of practice Queen???

Yep - it really is an art form - I am trying to perfect it before my kids get older!! :teeth:

itslisa
After this crazy night of posting ... I HAD to check my standing ..... I have finally caught up and pulled ahead of Miss Missy! LOL Of course, she's now going to come home from work, read, and start posting to leave me in the dust again ..... :rotfl:

Blueeyes101817
posting like crazy tonight--im afraid to see what page it will be on tomorrow! and im babysitting all day so ill miss alot im sure

tink2020
Ok, really going to bed. I'm quite good at catching up if necessary, so dont' worry about me :rotfl:

'Night all (for real this time!)

ReAnSt
thats what everyone says to me!

you get carded at the movies ?? i got carded last year buying a lottery ticket haha

I don't normally get carded for the normal type things. I tend to get carded if I buy spray paint or fat permanent markers. The funniest was when I bought about 10 cans of whipped topping in an aerosol can. It was about 2am and they carded me because there was some law about buying so much after a certain hour to prevent teens from huffing it.

And before all of you people's minds go in the gutter it was for an ice cream party for the marching band. Oh, wait that still sounds bad. uh nevermind.

Becky

itslisa
12-29-2005, 12:52 AM
Rick Springfield. He was on General Hospital and release an album. Yes, album not a cd. :rotfl:

The key being VINYL.

Princess Nancy
After this crazy night of posting ... I HAD to check my standing ..... I have finally caught up and pulled ahead of Miss Missy! LOL Of course, she's now going to come home from work, read, and start posting to leave me in the dust again ..... :rotfl:

I gotta know....what's it like in the DUCT???

:rotfl:

So I see you got it fixed before I could even catch you!!!!!!!

Blueeyes101817
Ok, really going to bed. I'm quite good at catching up if necessary, so dont' worry about me :rotfl:

'Night all (for real this time!)

nite..again!

itslisa
12-29-2005, 12:53 AM
OK ... I'm going too. DH is threatening me. LOL It's time and DS will be up whether or not I am!!!

Night all!

MinnieMouseMom

Um, I'll just answer yes to all (or most of) the above. LOL ;)

Blueeyes101817
I don't normally get carded for the normal type things. I tend to get carded if I buy spray paint or fat permanent markers. The funniest was when I bought about 10 cans of whipped topping in an aerosol can. It was about 2am and they carded me because there was some law about buying so much after a certain hour to prevent teens from huffing it.

And before all of you people's minds go in the gutter it was for an ice cream party for the marching band. Oh, wait that still sounds bad. uh nevermind.

Becky

i didnt know you could get carded for that stuff!
I havent gotten carded buying alcohol yet, im usually with my family, so i guess they figure i can drink if my aprents are sitting right there? haha

ReAnSt
Stupid light bulb thing maybe the guy from the Great Movie Ride got after it. Don't know but it's misbehaving again and I have the proof.

Becky

http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/79111light.jpg

my3princes
Heyy DDAers!

I'm assuming y'all have been behaving! ;) I've been home since Fri night but have been so busy.I haven't gotten a chance to catch up on here yet tonight but I wanted to say hello to all of you. :wave: I have missed keeping up with everyone.I hope everybody is well and had a very Merry Christmas.

We went on an unexpected quick trip and spent one day at WDW.Joe was doing some work in Florida so Erich and I drove down to get him.We stayed with our friend who works at WDW.My cousin who couldn't take my Mom in Oct. took her for 2 nights for me,so I didn't have to worry about her. :cool1:

It was unplanned and quick but we had a great time for our day at MGM!
This is where we were last Thur night!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b196/Baloo1320/MGM8a.jpg

I kept my eyes open for DDAers but didn't spot any.This trip came about so quickly I couldn't even make shirts for us but I ended up bringing the cold weather with me so I wore a jacket most of the day there! :rolleyes:

Anyway wanted to give y'all a big holiday :grouphug: I hope I'll have some time later this week to catch up.

oxoxo
Alicia =0)

It doesn't make up for the missed MNSSHP trip, but what a wonderful surprise.

Deb

Blueeyes101817
12-29-2005, 12:54 AM
I have to be up in 7 hours--im NEVER up this late..and here i sit..this is bad :)

bengalbelle
12-29-2005, 12:55 AM
I was just joking!!

It's not all about you Kate :rolleyes:

OK, so I lie. We all know it's all about you :love2: :teeth:

Princess Nancy
12-29-2005, 12:56 AM
Thanks REANST! I see it now.

Steamboat Marti
12-29-2005, 12:56 AM
It's not all about you Kate :rolleyes:

OK, so I lie. We all know it's all about you :love2: :teeth:

Awww come on ! Stop this excessive sucking up - we won't be able to fit her head through the door! And Amy has already gone to bed, so I have no help here!!!!

ReAnSt
12-29-2005, 12:57 AM
I have to be up in 7 hours--im NEVER up this late..and here i sit..this is bad :)

I have to be up in that many hours too. Although I tend to stay up late quite often.

Becky

Steffy
I am going on a very unexpected trip to Disney in 17 days :cool1: I have a very good mil story to tell :goodvibes My mil, her dh, bil & family have been planning a trip to Disney in Jan. I received a call today asking if I would like to go because mil's dh has decided not to go. Everything is paid for except my food! I am so excited :cheer2: Dh & the boys will stay home, so I will have a chance to view Disney in a different way. I will miss my boys not being with me, but I will get over it :) Dh is not a big Disney fan(I am working on him)but he knows I love Disney & he is very happy for me. I will also get to the chance to stay at different resorts, 3 nights at the Contemporary, 3 nights at the Boardwalk Villas, & 1 night at AKL. I am about ready to burst! I have only stayed at value resorts, so this is really a treat. Well the whole trip is, I think I am still in shock. I just had to share this with you all, oh I need to get planning! Look out Disney here I come.............
pg 1323

Woo Hoo! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Princess Nancy
Do I need to actually sign off the DIS then? I just usually click out of it. How does it know I am gone, if I don't sign in eveytime I return? Or is that so BIG BROTHER that I really do not want to know?!?!

ReAnSt
12-29-2005, 12:58 AM
Thanks REANST! I see it now.

The thing is it isn't supposed to say PrincessNancy is online there should just be a green light there. Not sure why it is not a green light and is words instead.

Becky

Blueeyes101817
12-29-2005, 12:59 AM
I have to be up in that many hours too. Although I tend to stay up late quite often.

Becky

i can do it during the semester, but ive been "bumming" it lately...i got a call to babysit from 830-5ish...so i HAVE to be up haha

my3princes
12-29-2005, 01:00 AM
Yes, you're too young too. :teeth:

Actually I never watched him on GH...just happen to know he got his start on that show. I sort of know a lot of useless trivia about celebrities. I used to buy every issue of Bop, Tiger Beat, Teen Beat, etc. Now, I read the more sophisticated Entertainment Weekly. :rotfl:

Amy :)

Ok, I totally remember him on GH. I used to watch that show with my mom everyday after school.

Deb

Blueeyes101817
12-29-2005, 01:00 AM
Do I need to actually sign off the DIS then? I just usually click out of it. How does it know I am gone, if I don't sign in eveytime I return? Or is that so BIG BROTHER that I really do not want to know?!?!

i never sign out--i just click out too..lol

ReAnSt
12-29-2005, 01:01 AM
i never sign out--i just click out too..lol
me three

Blueeyes101817
12-29-2005, 01:02 AM
besides if i dont sign out, it just makes it easier to sign back in :)

Princess Nancy
12-29-2005, 01:03 AM
Okay all, Thanks for the info! Marti, Try to keep Kate in line! I might have to deal with her IRl tomorrow!! :goodvibes

Good Night! :wave2:

ReAnSt
12-29-2005, 01:04 AM
Good night Nancy.

Becky

Steamboat Marti
12-29-2005, 01:04 AM
Okay all, Thanks for the info! Marti, Try to keep Kate in line! I might have to deal with her IRl tomorrow!! :goodvibes

Good Night! :wave2:

See, these are the crosses we bear to be related to the Queen!!

Blueeyes101817
12-29-2005, 01:05 AM
nite nancy!

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 01:07 AM
We were in bed by 11:30 p.m., hopeful for some good sleep since for the last few years our kids haven't awakened before 8:00. Not so this year. At 5:00 all 4 were awake and clamoring for us to get up. We were able to stall them for an hour and a half by telling them that Santa could still come back and take all the presents away if they woke us up again. At 6:30, however, they had waited long enough.

Glynis --

When I was a little girl, Santa left our stockings on our doorknobs or on our bedposts. We were allowed to get up and open the stocking gifts (and some of the BEST gifts were found in there!) but not allowed to waken our parents until it was light out. There was always something good to eat in those stockings too, like oranges and shortbreads. Santa sure was smart!

julia & nicks mom
12-29-2005, 01:09 AM
I see Nancy has already put me on ignore - since I explained the light to her well before Becky did!! :rolleyes:

I never log off - the browser just knows when you actively have a screen open

ReAnSt
12-29-2005, 01:12 AM
I see Nancy has already put me on ignore - since I explained the light to her well before Becky did!! :rolleyes:

I never log off - the browser just knows when you actively have a screen open

I guess she figures she sees you enough in real life so she feels she can ignore you in the virtual world.

Becky

Steffy
12-29-2005, 01:15 AM
Well friends, I almost killed Steffy. ..... I get there and took the flowers and now she is ok.

Boy, am I such a dork.
pg 1329

No, you're not a dork. The Mickey is wonderful. Really. He is just waiting to hold the vase.....

Which I will fill with silk flowers thank you very much...... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Steamboat Marti
12-29-2005, 01:15 AM
I guess she figures she sees you enough in real life so she feels she can ignore you in the virtual world.

Becky

Hey - wait a minute!! I thought it was mine and Amy's job to ignore and bust a$$ on the Queen????

my3princes
12-29-2005, 01:16 AM
Kate -

Maybe you and your DH need a copy of this:

Ten Simple Rules For Dating My Daughter
Rule One :

If you pull into my driveway and honk you'd better be delivering a package, because you're sure not picking anything up.

Rule Two :

You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off of my daughter's body, I will remove them.

Rule Three :

I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys your age to wear their trousers so loose that they appear to be falling off. Please don't take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are complete idiots. Still, I want to be fair and open minded about this issue, so I propose this compromise: You may come to the door with your underwear showing and your pants ten sizes too big, and I will not object. However, to ensure that your clothes do not, in fact, come off during your date with my daughter, I will use my electric nail gun and fasten your trousers securely to your waist.

Rule Four :

I'm sure you've been told that in today's world, sex without utilizing a "barrier method" of some kind can kill you. Let me elaborate, when it comes to sex, I am the barrier, and I will kill you.

Rule Five :

In order for us to get to know each other, we should talk about sports, politics, and other issues of the day. Please do not do this. The only information I require from you is an indication of when you expect to have my daughter safely back at my house, and the only word I need from you on this subject is "early."

Rule Six :

I have no doubt you are a popular fellow, with many opportunities to date other girls. This is fine with me as long as it is okay with my daughter. Otherwise, once you have gone out with my little girl, you will continue to date no one but her until she is finished with you. If you make her cry, I will make you cry.

Rule Seven :

As you stand in my front hallway, waiting for my daughter to appear, and more than an hour goes by, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time for the movie, you should not be dating. My daughter is putting on her makeup, a process that can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Instead of just standing there, why don't you do something useful, like changing the oil in my car?

Rule Eight :

The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter: Places where there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool. Places where there are no parents, policemen, or nuns within eyesight. Places where there is darkness. Places where there is dancing, holding hands, or happiness. Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough for my daughter to wear shorts, tank tops, midriff T-shirts, or anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka zipped up to her throat. Movies with a strong romantic or sexual theme are to be avoided; movies which features chain saws are okay. Hockey games are okay. Old folks homes are better.

Rule Nine :

Do not lie to me. I may appear to be a potbellied, balding, middle-aged, dimwitted has-been. But on issues relating to my daughter, I am the all-knowing, merciless god of your universe. If I ask you where you are going and with whom, you have one chance to tell me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres behind the house. Do not trifle with me.

Rule Ten :

Be afraid. Be very afraid. It takes very little for me to mistake the sound of your car in the driveway for a chopper coming in over a rice paddy outside of Hanoi. When my Agent Orange starts acting up, the voices in my head frequently tell me to clean the guns as I wait for you to bring my daughter home. As soon as you pull into the driveway you should exit your car with both hands in plain sight. Speak the perimeter password, announce in a clear voice that you have brought my daughter home safely and early, then return to your car--there is no need for you to come inside. The camouflaged face watching you from the window is mine.

:rotfl: :rotfl: Thank God my father didn't have that one when I started dating.

Deb

Steamboat Marti
12-29-2005, 01:17 AM
My father was a high school principal when I was dating -- he knew all the ins and outs of teenagers. There was nothing getting past him!!!

ReAnSt
12-29-2005, 01:17 AM
Hey - wait a minute!! I thought it was mine and Amy's job to ignore and bust a$$ on the Queen????

I guess you two feel you need no help so I guess I need to revoke my post so I can remain completly sweet and nice and unhelpful.

Becky

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 01:18 AM
I feel like I've been looking in on all of your lives for the last month and look forward to possibly becoming part of your lives. You are all a very generous and friendly bunch. Talk to you tomorrow.

WELCOME!

ReAnSt
12-29-2005, 01:20 AM
WELCOME!

Elin,
Apparently you can stay up for the hen parties but the party appears to be almost over since the posting has slowed down.

Becky

my3princes
12-29-2005, 01:21 AM
Hey Deb - how were the tips tonight??? We've missed you today - we made it to 20,000!!

Bartended tonight and tips sucked. Not much action in the lounge. Everyone apparently was there to eat. :goodvibes . People just don't drink as much as they used to. :confused3

Deb

ReAnSt
12-29-2005, 01:21 AM
Awww come on ! Stop this excessive sucking up - we won't be able to fit her head through the door! And Amy has already gone to bed, so I have no help here!!!!

You were asking for help here, but then you don't want it. I don't get it. :confused3 :rotfl2:

Becky

Blueeyes101817
12-29-2005, 01:22 AM
well, as much as i loved chatting alot tonight--i think WAY to much...people know \now my name hahahah (can you believe weve posted over 300 posts since 20000!)
i must go to bed!! see you guys tomorrow!

Steamboat Marti
12-29-2005, 01:23 AM
Bartended tonight and tips sucked. Not much action in the lounge. Everyone apparently was there to eat. :goodvibes . People just don't drink as much as they used to. :confused3

Deb

Are you working New Year's Eve?? Will that be better???

ReAnSt
12-29-2005, 01:26 AM

Deb

I think they still drink they just buy it at the liquor store and serve it themselves. Unfortuantely I think bartending in the job sense is becoming obsolete. Some people will still pay for it but more and more are figuring they can do it themsleves.

You used to have to go to bartending school to learn to mix drinks, or learn from someone else. Now you can find any drink from anywhere in the world online and the recipe on how to make it, without leaving your own home. Some places even have liquor stores that deliver.

Becky

my3princes
12-29-2005, 01:30 AM

My mom still has my snoopy snow cone machine. Oh wait, I think it's in colby's closet along with the cotton candy machine. I can relate to 90% of those things. I'm glad that I'm not the only 30 something person on here.

Deb

ReAnSt
12-29-2005, 01:30 AM
I'm off to bed. By the time I get back from work tomorrow I will probably have lots of catching up to do.

Becky

cocowum
12-29-2005, 01:34 AM
Just got this and thought I would share. :rotfl:
Excellent Christmas Cookie Receipe

Christmas Cookie Ingredients:

1 cup of water
lemon juice
1 tsp baking soda
4 large eggs
1 cup of sugar
1 cup nuts
1 tsp salt
2 cups of dried fruit
1 cup of brown sugar
1 bottle Jack Daniel's Whiskey

Sample the Jack Daniel's to check quality. Take a large bowl, check the Jack Daniel's again, to be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink.

Turn on the electric mixer....Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add one teaspoon of sugar...Beat again. At this point it's best to make sure the Jack Daniel's is still OK, try another cup .just in case.

Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit. Pick the frigging fruit off floor... Mix on the turner. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers just pry it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the Jack Daniel's to check for tonsisticity.

Next, sift two cups of salt, or something. Who giveshz a sheet. Check the Jack Daniel's. Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven.

Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. ; Don't forget to beat off the turner. Finally, throw the bowl through the window, finish the Dack Janiels and make sure to put the stove in the dishwasher.

CHERRY MISTMAS

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

cocowum
12-29-2005, 01:35 AM
People just don't drink as much as they used to. :confused3

Deb

This line made me choke on my Diet Coke. :teeth: :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1

cocowum
12-29-2005, 01:36 AM
Congrats Tinknme on the surprise trip! :cheer2:

cocowum
12-29-2005, 01:37 AM
I love House Hunters. I watch it everyday at 7:30. :goodvibes :goodvibes Yes, I am a Dork! :earboy2:

cocowum
12-29-2005, 01:38 AM
Welcome Princess Nancy. :wave2: :flower:

Steamboat Marti
12-29-2005, 01:39 AM
I love House Hunters. I watch it everyday at 7:30. :goodvibes :goodvibes Yes, I am a Dork! :earboy2:

Yeah !! More dorks!!!!

cocowum
12-29-2005, 01:40 AM
Congrats on 20,000 :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

ETA Dang this error is interrupting my posting frenzy!!!

Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 40 seconds.
:badpc: :badpc: :badpc:

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 01:40 AM
I was thinking of one of the Boardwalk resort for our trip in Oct. Either that one or Beach or Yacht Club, since the food and wine festival will be going on. BTW, can anyone tell me how that works? Do you have to pay for all that stuff or is it included with admission?

Tammi --

You pay for each sample of food or drink as you go... anywhere from $2-4 or so. One of our favorite times to go and the BW would be the perfect place to be. We stayed at the BWI in October and walked over to Epcot every day.

Steffy
12-29-2005, 01:42 AM
Heyy DDAers!

I'm assuming y'all have been behaving! ;) I've been home since Fri night but have been so busy.I haven't gotten a chance to catch up on here yet tonight but I wanted to say hello to all of you. :wave: I have missed keeping up with everyone.I hope everybody is well and had a very Merry Christmas.

We went on an unexpected quick trip and spent one day at WDW.Joe was doing some work in Florida so Erich and I drove down to get him.We stayed with our friend who works at WDW.My cousin who couldn't take my Mom in Oct. took her for 2 nights for me,so I didn't have to worry about her. :cool1:

I kept my eyes open for DDAers but didn't spot any.This trip came about so quickly I couldn't even make shirts for us but I ended up bringing the cold weather with me so I wore a jacket most of the day there! :rolleyes:

Anyway wanted to give y'all a big holiday :grouphug: I hope I'll have some time later this week to catch up.

oxoxo
Alicia =0)

pg1337

Welcome Home Baloo!!

What I would have given to have seen the Osborne Lights this year!!! Wow. Nice pic. :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: Happy New Year to you too! :grouphug:

cocowum
12-29-2005, 01:44 AM
I think TGM stinks. I tried it, didn't like and requested a refund. I was also expecting a more personalized plan. I didn't have strong feeling either way about it. Until, I received a NASTY :earseek: email from him :earboy2: I did get my money back though.

my3princes
12-29-2005, 01:45 AM
Are you working New Year's Eve?? Will that be better???

I am working on New Year's Eve and tips are usually great. Cocktailing I usually walk away with $150 plus $8/hr. Not bad for a job that I do for fun. I have definately noticed less drinking due to the state laws regulating alcohol sales. It regulates all people, not just those driving. Not like the good old days.

Deb

cocowum
12-29-2005, 01:46 AM
I was so in love with Kirk Cameron. :love: :love: :love:

Never had a thing for Uncle Jesse but now my DD is totally in love with him. :love:

Eeyorecln
12-29-2005, 01:46 AM
Yes, extra flour can toughen cookies a bit, so I try not to go overboard. The stickiness just drives me crazy though, and my sanity is more important. :teeth:

I just discovered the candy store I shop at has an online site too. http://www.sugarcraft.com/

Their dry fondant and colored sugar is very reasonably priced.

Have you tried a roulpat? It helps keep dough from sticking with way less flour.

cocowum
12-29-2005, 01:50 AM
And I love Capt Crunch!!!

Holy Cow, I checked in this morning and I was caught up. Then I come back 10 hours later and I have 30 pages to read. :earseek: And unlike the Queen I didn't cheat. :teeth: I am so glad everyone is posting again. :goodvibes I'm finally caught up! Let's see how long it lasts. :goodvibes

my3princes
12-29-2005, 01:52 AM
I think they still drink they just buy it at the liquor store and serve it themselves. Unfortuantely I think bartending in the job sense is becoming obsolete. Some people will still pay for it but more and more are figuring they can do it themsleves.

You used to have to go to bartending school to learn to mix drinks, or learn from someone else. Now you can find any drink from anywhere in the world online and the recipe on how to make it, without leaving your own home. Some places even have liquor stores that deliver.

Becky

I think they call those people alcoholics and/or minors. :rotfl: :rotfl: . It is true that you can mix drinks at home, but most people do not have bars that would have enough ingredients to prepare more than a couple of specific drinks. I know that most people have at least one drink when they go out for dinner. Many people also enjoy sitting at a bar and socializing. It is definately not a lost art and I know people that would kill to have the job that I have. The funny thing is I do it for fun and to have time away from the house. I choose to be a stay at home mom and also choose to work a few evenings a week for my sanity. Once my kids are all in school I'll use my education and pursue my career, but I will always have awesome memories of my time behind the bar. Few people are as fortunate as I to have that opportunity.

Deb

cocowum
12-29-2005, 01:54 AM
Yes, I went on my first posting rampage about topics that were so far back in this thread no one knows what I'm talking about. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Goodnight all. :wave2:

my3princes
12-29-2005, 02:08 AM
After 3 hours of reading I am officially caught up. Now I can go to bed for 5 hours. You guys were catching up on lost time. Hopefully it will be quiet until tomorrow.

It's been fun.
Deb

Steffy
12-29-2005, 02:20 AM
Tonight I took Julia to a birthday party for one of the little boys in her class - there were 12 kids there -

he inivted the neighborhood kids - that included one girl - who was a twin to one of the boys so she was a must invite -

then he was allowed to invite 4 from their class - 3 boys and Julia

one of the little boys spent a good portion of the evening stroking Julia's hair and telling her how beautiful it was - and when we left Nathan (the birthday boy) gave Julia a HUGE hug and kissed her on the cheek -

I AM IN SO MUCH TROUBLE!!

pg 1346

Yes you are. ......... :cloud9: :cloud9: princess:

rosiejo
12-29-2005, 02:24 AM
Hi everyone! I'm still back on page 1295, but catching up. I just wanted to say hello and I hope that everyone's Christmases were great! Santa visited our hour while we were out to dinner last Wednesday. He brought Terra her Capt. Feathersword Sword so she was thrilled. She also loved her dress up clothes that we got for her. Luckily, I left those until the last 2 boxes to open because she had to try on EVERYTHING before going on to the next present. Friday, we left for the airport at 5am and were in CA by 11am. We got to spend the day with my best friend and celebrated her grandfather's birthday (I finally got to decorate some cookies!).

Saturday morning, I was up at 3am (damn jetlag) and Terra got up at 4:15. We hit IHOP and then decided to hit Disneyland!!! YIPPEE!!! In under 4 hours on Christmas Eve we did Dumbo, Carousel, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Casey Jr., Storybook Canal Boats, Tea Cups, Alice in Wonderland, Holiday Small World, Autopia cars, Jungle Cruise, Tiki Room (Terra's favorite) and, the highlight of my day - Terra's first trip on the Materhorn! It was a lot of fun. After that, we spent a great Christmas Eve with my best friend and her Dad's part of the family. We ran back to DL when we were done early enough and caught the Electrical Parade. We wanted to see the fireworks (which are SO great), but the fog was too heavy and they were cancelled. :(

Christmas morning dawned with Terra and I up at 4:30 this time. We got out the Minnie doll and Disney Chutes and Ladders that Santa had left overnight then hit Denny's for some early morning coffee and pie. Once DH finally got up we had breakfast at Rainforest Cafe in DTD before going to Build a Bear and World of Disney. After that, we spent a surprisingly fun rest of the day with DH's family.

Monday, after being up by 5am AGAIN and hitting IHOP AGAIN :), we hit DL again for a couple of hours before meeting up with our old playgroup. In an hour and a half, we did the Monorail, Autopia, Holiday Small World, Tea Cups and Tiki Room. I tried to upgrade my ticket to an AP, but the office wasn't open yet as their people were helping at the front gate. Instead, I had to come back later that night before leaving for the airport, which turned out to be an adventure in itself :rolleyes:

After hitting my friend up for boxes and a duffle bag, we finally figured out how to get all of the gifts home (note to self - never give someone that has to fly ACROSS country with their gifts 2 Little People sets and a Thomas Train set, plus everything else) and took the red eye home. I was DEAD tired when we got home, but it was fun! Plus, I got Disney Scene It and Disney Uno so who can argue with that. :banana:

Hope all the little ones are feeling better now!! I will finish catching up soon and will be heading to the new weight loss thread soon, especially after eating as much as I did all weekend. :rolleyes1

Wow sounds like an amazing Christmas - maybe I should try going to Dl/WDW for Christmas one time - although I did enjoy our quiet at home Christmas this year... pity we couldn't nip put to MK in the afternoon though when there was nothing on the tv :rolleyes1

rosiejo
12-29-2005, 02:27 AM
Day One of trip report done...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=987072

Oh no! Now I have someone to keep up against and how can I write mine when I'm reading yours :rotfl2:

Eeyorecln
12-29-2005, 02:28 AM
Hi everyone! I'm still back on page 1295, but catching up. I just wanted to say hello and I hope that everyone's Christmases were great! Santa visited our hour while we were out to dinner last Wednesday. He brought Terra her Capt. Feathersword Sword so she was thrilled. She also loved her dress up clothes that we got for her. Luckily, I left those until the last 2 boxes to open because she had to try on EVERYTHING before going on to the next present. Friday, we left for the airport at 5am and were in CA by 11am. We got to spend the day with my best friend and celebrated her grandfather's birthday (I finally got to decorate some cookies!).

Saturday morning, I was up at 3am (damn jetlag) and Terra got up at 4:15. We hit IHOP and then decided to hit Disneyland!!! YIPPEE!!! In under 4 hours on Christmas Eve we did Dumbo, Carousel, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Casey Jr., Storybook Canal Boats, Tea Cups, Alice in Wonderland, Holiday Small World, Autopia cars, Jungle Cruise, Tiki Room (Terra's favorite) and, the highlight of my day - Terra's first trip on the Materhorn! It was a lot of fun. After that, we spent a great Christmas Eve with my best friend and her Dad's part of the family. We ran back to DL when we were done early enough and caught the Electrical Parade. We wanted to see the fireworks (which are SO great), but the fog was too heavy and they were cancelled. :(

Christmas morning dawned with Terra and I up at 4:30 this time. We got out the Minnie doll and Disney Chutes and Ladders that Santa had left overnight then hit Denny's for some early morning coffee and pie. Once DH finally got up we had breakfast at Rainforest Cafe in DTD before going to Build a Bear and World of Disney. After that, we spent a surprisingly fun rest of the day with DH's family.

Monday, after being up by 5am AGAIN and hitting IHOP AGAIN :), we hit DL again for a couple of hours before meeting up with our old playgroup. In an hour and a half, we did the Monorail, Autopia, Holiday Small World, Tea Cups and Tiki Room. I tried to upgrade my ticket to an AP, but the office wasn't open yet as their people were helping at the front gate. Instead, I had to come back later that night before leaving for the airport, which turned out to be an adventure in itself :rolleyes:

After hitting my friend up for boxes and a duffle bag, we finally figured out how to get all of the gifts home (note to self - never give someone that has to fly ACROSS country with their gifts 2 Little People sets and a Thomas Train set, plus everything else) and took the red eye home. I was DEAD tired when we got home, but it was fun! Plus, I got Disney Scene It and Disney Uno so who can argue with that. :banana:

Hope all the little ones are feeling better now!! I will finish catching up soon and will be heading to the new weight loss thread soon, especially after eating as much as I did all weekend. :rolleyes1

Glad to hear you had a good time. We loved the holiday Small World. The kids enjoyed it. My 2 older DS's , DH and I loved the Nightmare Before Christmas themed Haunted Mansion. It had so many neat details. We had sat for an hour one night in the hub and the FW got cancelled. We did catch them another night and the Electrical Parade. My DH lost DS,4 YO, after the FW. He ran off to chase the "snow" and DH lost sight of him. I was staying with the baby and other kids while DH went up and down Main Street. We found him 20 min. later but I was a wreck. I really snapped at DH. Thankfully, God watched over him and he was safe and sound. Was it too crowded Christmas? We heard it would be unbearable.

rosiejo
12-29-2005, 02:30 AM
Is anybody home tonight?? I'm close to 1,000 posts and I'd hate to do it all alone....

HHHHeeeelllllooooo?????

Ahh is that why you guys hit 30 odd pages last night???? I'll never catch up during breakfast and I have a feeling I'm gonna miss the 20,000 milestone too... I'm way back on page something or other... wait for me to catch up!!!

rosiejo
12-29-2005, 02:33 AM
Guess what book Skunka got for Christmas?? He got Kingdom Keepers. It's a story that is set in the Magic Kingdom. He really wanted it and my dad really surprised him! I also got a good one - the Imagineers Field Guide (I think that's what it is called?!

As for weather - it has been warm! It was over 40 today. If any of you know the Rochester area of NY, that is warm for this time of year. But we both actually prefer being cold as opposed to warm. Florida in August would scare me away!!!

I nearly bought these on our triip - but books in the states are ridiculously expensive so I figured I'd wait until I got home - and forgot to put them on my list to santa.

So make sure you write us a book report so I can decide whether to get them or not :goodvibes

rosiejo
12-29-2005, 02:37 AM
On this thread? Are you serious???? We're all high on pixie dust. Nobody's going to care.

Oh tag fairy....!!!!

Steffy
12-29-2005, 02:41 AM
Okay guys, I was looking at the website of the guys who wrote the "Rules for Dating my Daughter."

Here is his essay on judging the chili contest. I was truly laughing out loud, all alone here in my LR.

Chili Judge
Copyright 1997 W. Bruce Cameron
Please do not remove the copyright from this essay

Recently I was honored to be selected as an Outstanding Famous Celebrity in my Community to be a judge at a chili cook-off because no one else wanted to do it. Also the original person called in sick at the last moment and I happened to be standing there at the judge's table asking directions to the beer wagon when the call came.

I was assured by the other two judges that the chili wouldn't be all that spicy, and besides they told me I could have free beer during the tasting, so I accepted this as being one of those burdens you endure when you're an Internet writer and therefore known and adored by all.

Here are the scorecards from the event:

Chili # 1: Mike's Maniac Mobster Monster Chili

JUDGE ONE: A little too heavy on tomato. Amusing kick.
JUDGE TWO: Nice, smooth tomato flavor Very mild.
CAMERON: Holy smokes, what is this stuff? You could remove dried paint from your driveway with it. Took me two beers to put the flames out. Hope that's the worst one. These people are crazy.

Chili # 2: Arthur's Afterburner Chili

JUDGE ONE: Smoky (barbecue?) with a hint of pork. Slight Jalapeno tang.
JUDGE TWO: Exciting BBQ flavor, needs more peppers to be taken seriously.
CAMERON: Keep this out of reach of children! I'm not sure what I am supposed to taste besides pain. I had to wave off two people who wanted to give me the Heimlich maneuver. Shoved my way to the front of the beer line. The barmaid looks like a professional wrestler after a bad night. She was so irritated over my gagging sounds that the snake tattoo under her eye started to twitch. She has arms like Popeye and a face like Winston Churchill. I will NOT pick a fight with her.

Chili # 3: Fred's Famous Burn Down the Barn Chili

JUDGE ONE: Excellent firehouse chili! Great kick. Needs more beans.
JUDGE TWO: A beanless chili, a bit salty, good use of red peppers.
CAMERON: This has got to be a joke. Call the EPA, I've located a uranium spill. My nose feels like I have been sneezing Drano. Everyone knows the routine by now and got out of my way so I could make it to the beer wagon. Barmaid pounded me on the back; now my backbone is in the front part of my chest. She said her friends call her "Sally." Probably behind her back they call her "Forklift."

Chili # 4: Bubba's Black Magic

JUDGE ONE: Black bean chili with almost no spice. Disappointing.
JUDGE TWO: A hint of lime in the black beans. Good side dish for fish or other mild foods, not much of a chili.
CAMERON: I felt something scraping across my tongue but was unable to taste it. Sally was standing behind me with fresh refills so I wouldn't have to dash over to see her. When she winked at me her snake sort of coiled and uncoiled—it's kinda cute.

Chili # 5: Linda's Legal Lip Remover

JUDGE ONE: Meaty, strong chili. Cayenne peppers freshly ground adding considerable kick. Very impressive.
JUDGE TWO: Chili using shredded beef; could use more tomato. Must admit the cayenne peppers make a strong statement.
CAMERON: My ears are ringing and I can no longer focus my eyes. I belched and four people in front of me needed paramedics. The contestant seemed hurt when I told her that her chili had given me brain damage. Sally saved my tongue by pouring beer directly on it from a pitcher. Sort of irritates me that one of the other judges asked me to stop screaming.

Chili # 6: Vera's Very Vegetarian Variety

JUDGE ONE: Thin yet bold vegetarian variety chili. Good balance of spice and peppers.
JUDGE TWO: The best yet. Aggressive use of peppers, onions, and garlic. Superb.
CAMERON: My intestines are now a straight pipe filled with gaseous flames. No one seems inclined to stand behind me except Sally. I asked if she wants to go dancing later.

Chili # 7: Susan's Screaming Sensation Chili

JUDGE ONE: A mediocre chili with too much reliance on canned peppers.
JUDGE TWO: Ho Hum, tastes as if the chef threw in canned chili peppers at the last moment. I should note that I am a bit worried about Judge Number 3, he appears to be in a bit of distress.
CAMERON: You could put a hand grenade in my mouth and pull the pin and I wouldn't feel it. I've lost the sight in one eye and the world sounds like it is made of rushing water. My clothes are covered with chili which slid unnoticed out of my mouth at some point. Good, at autopsy they'll know what killed me. Go Sally, save yourself before it's too late. Tell our children I'm sorry I was not there to conceive them. I've decided to stop breathing, it's too painful and I'm not getting any oxygen anyway. If I need air I'll just let it in through the hole in my stomach. Call the X-Files people and tell them I've found a super nova on my tongue.

Chili # 8: Helen's Mount Saint Chili

JUDGE ONE: This final entry is a good, balanced chili, neither mild nor hot. Sorry to see that most of it was lost when Judge Number 3 fell and pulled the chili pot on top of himself.
JUDGE TWO: A perfect ending, this is a nice blend chili, safe for all, not too bold but spicy enough to declare its existence.
CAMERON: Momma?

pg 1350

I had decided to head to bed after page 1350. I have to go to bed now. My stomach hurts. I've tested the walls... They are thick and the ceiling must have some soundproofing, as none of my family is down here wondering why I am laughing so hard I'm crying.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Nite DDA... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

rosiejo
12-29-2005, 02:45 AM
I could read about Disney all the time. I have a question for all of you... have any of you ever used Tour Guide Mike?? Is he the guy that designs tour plans for you to follow based on a time of year? If you used him, would you please give me an opinion of it and what it cost you? Thanks!

I used him - thought he was fantastic and worth every cent. Didn't think much of the forums over there though - the DISers are much friendlier IMHO... <light blue touch paper and duck>

One thing though - if you get it ignore the thing about watching Wishes from DUmbo - that pretty much ruined two of our nights there - you'll find out more when I get to it in my trip reports... I very nearly asked for a refund based on that one comment!

rosiejo
12-29-2005, 02:50 AM
I really like Matthew Fox and Scott Wolf.
Gotta admit it is hard when they say Charlie and it is not Matthew they are talking about on Lost.:goodvibes

That confused me for the first couple of episodes :goodvibes Especially when I hadn't heard he was in it - and saw him and though - I know that face - took me a while to work it out... I loved Party of 5 when I was a kid - wish they'd bring that out on DVD... I was madly in love with Bailey :love:

rosiejo
12-29-2005, 04:05 AM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/tink2020/balloons.gifhttp://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/tink2020/swingingcongrats.gifhttp://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/tink2020/balloons.gif

Hooray!! :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: I'm just having a belated celebration all on my own :rolleyes1

rosiejo
12-29-2005, 04:14 AM
are you all frickin kidding me?!?!

I read the thread at 5:00- when I was home and come home to this many pages?!?!? :earseek:
I don't know what I have missed yet but wanted to let all the concerned PMers know that I just had a very busy day - I will read the thread and then fill you in

Aah so that's why there's still another 20 pages to go - just as everyone is about to call it a night Kate comes home and the pary get's started all over again :rotfl2:

Eeyorecln
12-29-2005, 04:16 AM

Never had a thing for Uncle Jesse but now my DD is totally in love with him. :love:
I was so in love with Kirk Cameron from Growing Pains that and Michael J. Fox from Family Ties. :love:
I can't sleep from being sick. I think I will be at the Dr. tomorrow as I can't breathe right.

Eeyorecln
12-29-2005, 04:23 AM
That confused me for the first couple of episodes :goodvibes Especially when I hadn't heard he was in it - and saw him and though - I know that face - took me a while to work it out... I loved Party of 5 when I was a kid - wish they'd bring that out on DVD... I was madly in love with Bailey :love:
I remember watching Party of Five. I was so sad when it ended.

rosiejo
12-29-2005, 04:27 AM

::yes:: still wading...

I started trying to read in printer friendly mode as it's less conspicuous at work - but then I can't reply :rotfl2:

rosiejo
12-29-2005, 04:28 AM

Kate that's just mean... :teeth:

rosiejo
12-29-2005, 04:30 AM

That reminds me of a time when I had just bought my first house - must have been about 24 - and I opened the front door one evening in my jammies to someone trying to sign you up for newspaper deliveries... and she asked if my mum was home :rotfl2:

ksoehrlein
12-29-2005, 06:41 AM
OK, Kate, as I read your post (4 hours and 3000 posts later) I was listening to a Barenaked Ladies song called "Everything Old is New Again." Totally appropriate, and here's why:

You had that Fisher Price Doctor's Kit with a stethoscope that actually worked.
Santa brought this for DS this year.

You begged Santa for the electronic game, Simon
I actually saw this for sale in KB Toys on Christmas Eve this year!

You know who Strawberry Shortcake is, as well as who her friends; Blueberry Muffin, Apple Dumpling, and Huckleberry Pie were.
They're ba-a-ck! DD knows who they are now, too.

Every now and then "It's A Hard Knock Life" from the movie, "Annie" will pop into your brain and you can't stop singing it the whole day.
This was re-done as a hip-hop song about 5-8 years ago. My best friend was working at a children's home (AKA "orphanage") and it just made her bust out laughing when the kids there started singing it. Oh and DD has 2 different Annie DVDs that she watches constantly (the original '80s version or "Curly-Haired Annie" and the ABC TV version or "Straight-Haired Annie" as we call them).

You completely wore out your "Grease", "Saturday Night Fever", and "Fame" soundtrack albums.
DD's favorite movie for a time was Grease. I was in heaven and DH was in agony for that phase of her life!

You made Shrinky-Dinks!
They're back and better than before. I was at Hobby Lobby and was inches away from impulse buying the inkjet Shrinky-Dink paper, thinking it would make great WDW luggage tags (or something, anything DDA-related).

You had a Big Wheel with a brake on the side, and a Sit-n-Spin.
Santa was inches away from impulse buying both of these for DS this year!

Anyway, thanks for posting that, Kate. It's on its way via e-mail to all my 1971/72 birthyear friends.

rosiejo
12-29-2005, 06:43 AM
Ok here's an example of how the differences in our language can get you into trouble...

I subscribe to a daily quote email from an american site - where they also give you a Did you know...

Today I received this:

~~~

Did you know...

...that today is No Wearing Pants Day? In 1852, in Boston, a woman was arrested for wearing pants. Wear some pants today to celebrate your freedom

~~~

Now you may not find that funny - but in England pants are knickers not trousers... so at first I was like - why on earth would you be arrested for wearing knickers?? I could understand it the other way round... then the penny dropped :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

ksoehrlein
12-29-2005, 06:49 AM

I have a little-girl phone voice despite my best efforts, which is annoying when I'm trying to be professional but it's a godsend when telemarketers call. Them: "Is the head of the household available?" Me: "No, sorry. They're not in at the moment." It gets you off the phone so much faster than anything else you tell them. (Of course, the Do Not Call list helps cut those calls down, too.)

ksoehrlein
12-29-2005, 06:50 AM
Ok here's an example of how the differences in our language can get you into trouble...

Now you may not find that funny - but in England pants are knickers not trousers... so at first I was like - why on earth would you be arrested for wearing knickers?? I could understand it the other way round... then the penny dropped :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
(And "knickers" for the Anglo-impaired would be what most of us call "panties.") That is a funny mental image, Claire!

ksoehrlein
12-29-2005, 07:07 AM
Please clarify. Uncle Jesse who one of you had a crush on and now another DDA's DD has a crush on: was that Uncle Jesse from Dukes of Hazzard or Uncle Jesse of Full House fame?

I read the first post when y'all were talking about 1970s crushes, so my mind immediately went to the Dukes Uncle Jesse and I was more than a little grossed out (sorry if that's actually who your crush was on). I didn't even think of John Stamos' portrayal of Uncle Jesse until the post about DD's crush some 30 pages later!

A day late and a dollar short since I missed the posting frenzy, but my very first celeb crush would have been Andy Gibb. Amy, I thought you and I were the same age. How can you consider yourself too young for him? :confused3 Now granted, I was maybe 8 at the time...

ksoehrlein
12-29-2005, 07:09 AM
[QUOTE=rosiejo]<light blue touch paper and duck>[QUOTE]
Please clarify. I don't know this phrase. Is it a "flame" reference?

ksoehrlein
12-29-2005, 07:51 AM
OK, it's only fair for me to have my own posting party now. I came into work early -- with the intent of getting lots of stuff done before my coworkers could pester me with other stuff -- and what did I do instead? Got caught up with this chatty bunch!

Blueeyes101817
12-29-2005, 07:52 AM
The "uncle jesse" was Full house uncle jessee!

lmartin2711
12-29-2005, 07:54 AM
That was me!

Just wanted to say thanks personnally to you for the egg yolk recipe for the cookies. The kids had a lot more fun painting on them than they would have putting sprinkles on them.

Thanks again........Lynn

lmartin2711
12-29-2005, 07:58 AM
Can you post it again?

Not sure if it is posted yet so I will go ahead.

1 egg yolk + 1tsp of water
mix together and separate in 4 bowls
to each bowl add 5 drops of different food colors

I bought some cheap paint brushes from the craft department and paint on the sugar cookies BEFORE you bake them. Make sure the colors are really dark or bright.....depending on the color. When they come out of the oven they have a nice shiny glaze to them.

My kids enjoyed it.

Lynn

Pooh67_68
12-29-2005, 08:15 AM
Marti, congrats on 1,000+ post

DDA'S, congrats on 20,000+

Kate, better get a chastity belt for Julia now. :teeth:

Ladies, ladies when discussing crushes lets not forget :goodvibes

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/pooh67_68/SeanConnery.jpg

ksoehrlein
12-29-2005, 08:21 AM
Marti - I subscribed to TGM when we went Christmas week last year.

I think it is well worth the $20, I can give you a code for $3.00 off if you want one.

It takes a little time to get used to the process, but well worth it.
I haven't used him before (cocky ex-CM here), but we never went for Christmas week before, either. I am planning/hoping to go next Christmas; something like the 22nd through 26th (earlier if school schedule allows). I've followed the some of the plans in the Unofficial Users' Guide and had great luck with the "Dumbo or Die" plan for MK on DD's 5th birthday. But I'm guessing all bets are off around Christmas time, right? Does Tour Guide Mike have special plans for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?

Thanks, everyone who has posted both the good and the bad about TGM. I'm still debating, so any more feedback is welcome.

Anyway, could you please PM me with the code in case I do decide to purchase? TIA!

lmartin2711
12-29-2005, 09:06 AM
At least my crush was Scott Baio !!

MINE TOO!!!! I had posters hanging up in my room that showed just a bit of that nice smooth chest with that small gold cross hanging down........remember that??

Too Funny!!!!! Lynn

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 09:07 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

:bday: :cake: :bday:

tink2020
12-29-2005, 09:11 AM
I think TGM stinks. I tried it, didn't like and requested a refund. I was also expecting a more personalized plan. I didn't have strong feeling either way about it. Until, I received a NASTY :earseek: email from him :earboy2: I did get my money back though.

Yeah, that's kind of what I hear happens every time. Even if you're nice about your request.... :confused3

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 09:26 AM
WOW!! You are so lucky! And to sample 3 different resorts. How exciting.

bengalbelle
12-29-2005, 09:38 AM
Marti, congrats on 1,000+ post

DDA'S, congrats on 20,000+

Kate, better get a chastity belt for Julia now. :teeth:

Ladies, ladies when discussing crushes lets not forget :goodvibes

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/pooh67_68/SeanConnery.jpg
Oh yeah! ::yes::

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 09:40 AM
Drum roll please .......

1,000 posts --- Yippee

Thanks for helping me out - you guys are the best!!!!
Yay for Marti!!

marcij
12-29-2005, 09:41 AM
Deb -- I had a huge crush on Rick Springfield, too, and do remember him from GH. Last week I noticed that he is on again, but has a son old enough to be a doctor -- Makes me feel so OLD!!!

marcij
12-29-2005, 09:42 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELLI!!!!

Pooh67_68
12-29-2005, 09:43 AM
Oh yeah! ::yes::

I knew there had to be someone else who would agree with me. :)

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 09:44 AM
We have posted almost 75 posts in 45 minutes, so when we have a mission, we can be very chatty.

ARGHHHH... I am trying to catch up!!!

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 09:46 AM
I think Denise used Tour Guide Mike.

Becky
I did too. If you have any questions, just ask.

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 09:48 AM

Congratulations, Jennifer. And I love your graphics. Now you need to move up to designing tshirts!

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 09:52 AM
Heyy DDAers!

oxoxo
Alicia =0)
Hi Baloo! I like your picture.

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 09:55 AM
My original crush before Ricky was John Schneider. Bo Duke still looks pretty fine too! No manilla folders of him though. :teeth:

You and I have the same tastes, Amy. John Schneider was a big crush of mine, too. I never liked Ricky in Silver Spoons and thought it was insane when the cast him on NYPD. But he was great in that role and I fell in lust with him. Another of my crushes was Greg Evigan, from BJ and the Bear. Now I know I am really showing my age.

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 09:59 AM
I start to feel really old when you guys talk like this.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I hear ya, sistah!

my3princes
12-29-2005, 10:00 AM
Deb -- I had a huge crush on Rick Springfield, too, and do remember him from GH. Last week I noticed that he is on again, but has a son old enough to be a doctor -- Makes me feel so OLD!!!

I don't watch GH anymore, but may have to check it out. How well did he age anyway?

Deb

my3princes
12-29-2005, 10:01 AM
You and I have the same tastes, Amy. John Schneider was a big crush of mine, too. I never liked Ricky in Silver Spoons and thought it was insane when the cast him on NYPD. But he was great in that role and I fell in lust with him. Another of my crushes was Greg Evigan, from BJ and the Bear. Now I know I am really showing my age.

I remember BJ and the Bear. You're not that old. ;)

Deb

my3princes
12-29-2005, 10:05 AM
Yeah, Only 3 pages since 2 AM. I was beginning to think that I would have to make the DDA my full time job. :banana: :banana:

I have a few things to get done today and am working again tonight. Just hostessing so I should by home by 10 PM. Please take it easy on me. I'm not sure how many nights of 4 hours sleep I can handle. "I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was". Sorry just couldn't resist.

Deb

wdwfanz
12-29-2005, 10:09 AM
this is cool group...

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 10:15 AM
Hi Nancy. I'm glad you decided to join in.

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 10:19 AM
Denise --

I can tell you that the crowds increased exponentially on a daily basis from 12/17-12/25. We had no trouble at all doing things at the beginning of our trip and by the end it was very crowded. Still got things done... just took a lot longer.

That being said... we will still go back again Christmas week next year!

BTW -- I thought of you at MCO on Monday evening. There was a young couple with identical triplet boys in the security line. They had on Elmo sweatshirts and were as adorable as they could be!
See....I didn't think it was noticably bad until the 24th. We followed TGMs "best day" calendar and his tour plans.

triplefigs
12-29-2005, 10:20 AM
Denise -- I noticed this in the photos from your trip report, but it's really evident in the photo of BK looking over her shoulder. She is going to be a heart-breaker when she gets to high school! Your DH will have to beat the boys off with a stick!!

Good luck tomorrow!! Prayers and pixie dust.

My mom and I haven't talked to her mom in 13 years. The last time my mom and she spoke, my parents were in the middle of a divorce and my mom needed all the support - not bashing - she could get. My grandmother was being mean about something and arguing with my mom, and then said, "I'm hanging up on you now.... call me back." But my mom never has. She'd had enough! I won't even go into all the awful things she said to my mother and I throughout our lives. Get this, when I was 13 (and fully developed physically but not mentally and still coming to grips with my new body), she said to me, "so, you're on the pill, right?" Of course as a young girl I translated that to mean that something must be terribly wrong with me since I wasn't dating yet, had no interest in having sex with anyone yet, etc. Who in their right mind reinforces negative self image in their granddaughter?!?

Having said that, your MIL takes the cake on witchiness!!

Hugs and pixie dust!!

Jennifer

Thanks for the support. Your grandmother and my MIL should get together.

triplefigs
12-29-2005, 10:21 AM
I bet it was wonderful! We did Valentine's Day!!

We got married on April Fool's Day. How appropriate is that for me? :rotfl:

tinknme
12-29-2005, 10:22 AM
I know, I am still in shock :sunny:

WOW!! You are so lucky! And to sample 3 different resorts. How exciting.

triplefigs
12-29-2005, 10:22 AM
Kate, I know it is too late for this trip, but I think Denise needs a tshirt to wear for when she visits her MIL.

Oh, I'd love to see that one!

triplefigs
12-29-2005, 10:23 AM
Denise - I think you're gone, but I hope today is/was even a little better than you anticipated. I agree (as with many others)..... apparantly there's a reason for that "mother in law" stereotype. Mine's not near as bad as some, thankfully, but I still can only take a day or two......

Now sisters-in-law..... dont get me started. I may win that one :rotfl:

Too funny. As they say, you can't pick the family that goes with the man. Isn't it amazing all these guys turn out as well as they do?

triplefigs
12-29-2005, 10:24 AM
Trip Report is finally finished, and pictures updated:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=978036

Awesome report and pictures, Jennifer!

my3princes
12-29-2005, 10:25 AM
Denise, you're back. How did it go?

Deb

triplefigs
12-29-2005, 10:25 AM
Hello all - back from a great day of anniversary stuff! We started with a family outing to see Narnia. We loved it - it was a bit long and I was worried that DS (7) wouldn't sit through the whole thing, but he loved it even more! With the previews it was 2 1/2 hours long. AND we got there early, so he sat in that seat for quite a long time with no complaints!!!

Then we dropped him at a friends house and went for dinner. It was nice to have a quiet dinner without coloring first! And there were linen napkins - what a nice change.

For my Christmas gift this year I got a three piece luggage set from the Disney Store and my upcoming birthday trip - so not all DH pick out bad presents!!! Since he's on vacation this week, we're going out now for another family outing... talk to you later!! Maybe I can go on a posting frenzy and pass 1,000!!

Glad you all had such a nice day!

triplefigs
12-29-2005, 10:26 AM
I've got a SIL that would be in contention and we haven't spoken to her in over 13 years.

Deb

See, we all have 'em! Gotta love the DDA!

UP Disney
12-29-2005, 10:27 AM
Just wait -- I'm seeing styles that were popular way back and now they are popular again... speaking of Care Bears... I used to have a glass with the green bear on it - I think he was lucky bear. Anyway, it broke in college and I cried like a baby!!!! OK, maybe TMI!!!
The styles from the 70's were in just a couple of years ago. It was weird seeing my daughters in clothes that I would have worn at their age. I had a couple of special things that I had saved from when I was a teenager and they "borrowed" them from me because they were back in style. One of them looks so much like me when I was that age that I would do double takes. It was like going back 25 years and seeing myself in a mirror. That is weird enough without them wearing the same style clothes!

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 10:29 AM

Thanks for that walk down memory lane, Kate. I think all but 3 or so apply to me! Now you got that stupid Annie song in my head!

triplefigs
12-29-2005, 10:31 AM

Sounds great! I'm glad you had such a nice trip.

triplefigs
12-29-2005, 10:31 AM
Hi all! :wave2:

I haven't posted probably since Thanksgiving and will admit I only went back 10 pages to kind of catch up. Hope everyone's Christmas went well.

Denise, I hope your day goes OK. Our relationship is not that bad yet with the ILs but is has its moments (beginning with them buying every toy under the sun for Kyle- even the ones DH told them we were going to get at the next holiday- but I won't get into it)

Congrats to Kevin and Amy on the baby!!!! If you are 12 weeks pregnant and you were in WDW about 3 months ago does that mean you brought back your own little souvenier?????? ;) (about the diaper rash, try Aquaphor)

Welcome back Claire- 3 weeks at WDW- Wow! How do you ever come back to reality after that? We spent almost 2 weeks down there for our honeymoon and it was very hard to come back home!

Like I said I only went back 10 pages so I am probably missing tons more!

Christmas was fun here. As you can see from my signature, we have decided on our dates for the next trip to "Kyle's Happy Place!" Dec 10-17 '06. The in-laws are coming with so I am not so sure what to expect there...
Santa brought me Photo Impact so I am very excited to start experimenting!

Oh, great site for Cookie Cutters is kitchengifts.com- they have hundreds. I use Royal Icing when I frost and they sell it in dry bags there too!

Nap time is over here- puppy needs a potty break and I hear Kyle calling "Mommyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!"

See ya later!

Kristin

Yea! Photoimpact. Have fun! Glad you have another trip on board and had a good Christmas.

KMH1
12-29-2005, 10:32 AM
Before your time? How old are you?

Shhh! The same age as you and Kate, but I never had a crush on Andy Gibb. :earboy2:

Amy:)

triplefigs
12-29-2005, 10:33 AM
I am wading through all 2000 posts that were made while we were gone and this caught my eye...

Denise... we lived in Athens for close to 2 years! '81-83

Alabama or Georgia? I lived in Athens, Alabama. I was in 6th-8th grade at that time.

triplefigs
12-29-2005, 10:34 AM
Day One of trip report done...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=987072

Great report!

KMH1
12-29-2005, 10:34 AM

Princess Nancy, I'm sure you are sooooo intimated! :rotfl:

Although I recall I didn't post during my so-called banning, Paul was very disrespectful and ignored the Queen. As a result, she revoked this banning quickly. She was no match for Skunka Hunka! :teeth:

triplefigs
12-29-2005, 10:35 AM

That's awesome! Have a great time. You need to make shirts!

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 10:36 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Anyone remember Merlin??????? I totally remember getting it for my 10th birthday!
Yep, I had that. Now my kids play with it when they go to Grandma's house. Along with Mrs. Beasley, Kathy Quick-Curl, and a variety of old toys and games.

KMH1

Sorry I wasn't there for you Marti! Dawn, stop sucking up! :teeth:

UP Disney
Kate -

Maybe you and your DH need a copy of this:

Ten Simple Rules For Dating My Daughter
Rule One :

If you pull into my driveway and honk you'd better be delivering a package, because you're sure not picking anything up.

Rule Two :

You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off of my daughter's body, I will remove them.

Rule Three :

I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys your age to wear their trousers so loose that they appear to be falling off. Please don't take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are complete idiots. Still, I want to be fair and open minded about this issue, so I propose this compromise: You may come to the door with your underwear showing and your pants ten sizes too big, and I will not object. However, to ensure that your clothes do not, in fact, come off during your date with my daughter, I will use my electric nail gun and fasten your trousers securely to your waist.

Rule Four :

I'm sure you've been told that in today's world, sex without utilizing a "barrier method" of some kind can kill you. Let me elaborate, when it comes to sex, I am the barrier, and I will kill you.

Rule Five :

In order for us to get to know each other, we should talk about sports, politics, and other issues of the day. Please do not do this. The only information I require from you is an indication of when you expect to have my daughter safely back at my house, and the only word I need from you on this subject is "early."

Rule Six :

I have no doubt you are a popular fellow, with many opportunities to date other girls. This is fine with me as long as it is okay with my daughter. Otherwise, once you have gone out with my little girl, you will continue to date no one but her until she is finished with you. If you make her cry, I will make you cry.

Rule Seven :

As you stand in my front hallway, waiting for my daughter to appear, and more than an hour goes by, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time for the movie, you should not be dating. My daughter is putting on her makeup, a process that can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Instead of just standing there, why don't you do something useful, like changing the oil in my car?

Rule Eight :

The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter: Places where there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool. Places where there are no parents, policemen, or nuns within eyesight. Places where there is darkness. Places where there is dancing, holding hands, or happiness. Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough for my daughter to wear shorts, tank tops, midriff T-shirts, or anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka zipped up to her throat. Movies with a strong romantic or sexual theme are to be avoided; movies which features chain saws are okay. Hockey games are okay. Old folks homes are better.

Rule Nine :

Do not lie to me. I may appear to be a potbellied, balding, middle-aged, dimwitted has-been. But on issues relating to my daughter, I am the all-knowing, merciless god of your universe. If I ask you where you are going and with whom, you have one chance to tell me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres behind the house. Do not trifle with me.

Rule Ten :

Be afraid. Be very afraid. It takes very little for me to mistake the sound of your car in the driveway for a chopper coming in over a rice paddy outside of Hanoi. When my Agent Orange starts acting up, the voices in my head frequently tell me to clean the guns as I wait for you to bring my daughter home. As soon as you pull into the driveway you should exit your car with both hands in plain sight. Speak the perimeter password, announce in a clear voice that you have brought my daughter home safely and early, then return to your car--there is no need for you to come inside. The camouflaged face watching you from the window is mine.
My dad was pretty good with my boyfriends when I was growing up. However, there is a story that his sisters tell about when they had some boys come over to take them out. There were 13 in my dad's family - 9 girls and 4 boys. Dad was #3 but he had 8 sisters before he had a brother. The story goes that one day three of the sisters had boys come to take them out. Dad met them at the door with a gun - this is where the story changes based on who tells it. My dad says it was a toy gun that looked like a toy gun. Others say it looked real, or sounded real, or both. Dad says he made some smart comment like "What are your intentions?". Others say, he shot the gun over the boys heads and they fled to the car. We'll never know the real story. I was just glad that it happened to my aunts and not me! I know for years I was afraid that he would do something like the 10 rules.

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 10:37 AM
60 pages....like I did. Still trying to get through them all.

KMH1
12-29-2005, 10:39 AM

You revealed your age in your trip report! :teeth:

I never watched NYPD before Rick and I stopped watching after he left. Actually, I never watched his last episode...just couldn't deal with it. ;)

I didn't watch BJ and the Bear, but I remember Greg Evigan from a cheesy show called My Two Dads with Paul Reiser.

triplefigs
12-29-2005, 10:40 AM
Favorite shows are Survivor (and other various reality shows), well written comedys (sometimes hard to come by - like Two and a Half Men. Well written) and I love House Hunters on HGTV. I'm such a dork...

Oh, we all love House Hunters here too! One of our favorite family past times is to go look at houses for sale and tour them. Davis calls HH the "new big house" show. :rotfl:

triplefigs
12-29-2005, 10:41 AM
Drum roll please .......

1,000 posts --- Yippee

Thanks for helping me out - you guys are the best!!!!

Congrats, Marti!

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 10:43 AM
Tammi --

You pay for each sample of food or drink as you go... anywhere from $2-4 or so. One of our favorite times to go and the BW would be the perfect place to be. We stayed at the BWI in October and walked over to Epcot every day.
Thanks, Elin.

triplefigs
12-29-2005, 10:44 AM
Rick Schroder is MINE! :love:

Silver Spoons?????

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 10:44 AM

Ok, now I am really feeling my age. At first I thought you all were refering to Uncle Jesse on Dukes of Hazzard, NOT Full House....:rotfl:

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 10:46 AM
duplicate post

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 10:48 AM
Oh no! Now I have someone to keep up against and how can I write mine when I'm reading yours :rotfl2:
And I can't write mine when I have a gazillion pages to read in the morning!!

itslisa
One thing though - if you get it ignore the thing about watching Wishes from DUmbo - that pretty much ruined two of our nights there - you'll find out more when I get to it in my trip reports... I very nearly asked for a refund based on that one comment!

I don't get it.

bengalbelle
Sorry I wasn't there for you Marti! Dawn, stop sucking up! :teeth:

puckerup:

itslisa
12-29-2005, 10:49 AM
Have you tried a roulpat? It helps keep dough from sticking with way less flour.

Sounds like a Silpat. I have a "fake" one. I never thought about using it for rolling dough. I DID put it on my cookie sheets for baking though.

triplefigs
12-29-2005, 10:53 AM
Im leaving on my third cruise in 10 day s :cool1:
I did feel like i was still on the ship for a day or two after the cruise, but nothing too bad at all...
I love cruises and cannot wait for this trip!!

of course, ill be gone 8 days, so there will be no way ill be able to catch up--gonna have to get the highlights of what i missed!!

Have a great time!

itslisa
12-29-2005, 10:53 AM
Just wanted to say thanks personnally to you for the egg yolk recipe for the cookies. The kids had a lot more fun painting on them than they would have putting sprinkles on them.

Thanks again........Lynn

Glad to hear it. We bake cookies at Easter too .... and the painting is great for egg shaped cookies too.

triplefigs
12-29-2005, 10:54 AM
I think Denise used Tour Guide Mike.

Becky

I did. I think if you're going during really busy weeks it would be worth it. Otherwise, the stuff off the DIS and UoG were just as useful.

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 10:54 AM
I don't watch GH anymore, but may have to check it out. How well did he age anyway?

Deb
He's had some major work done! I think it looks bad.

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 10:55 AM
this is cool group...
Yes we are. Welcome, and join in our craziness!:flower:

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 10:56 AM
LOVE your new picture in the signature Elin - you all look so happy!!!

We had an amazing time, Marti - thanks! As soon as the dust settles I will do my own version of a trip report. Since we go so often mine will be more of a recap of the tremendous highlights and the few lowlights we experienced.

I am FINALLY getting to the light at the end of the posting tunnel here... I will soon be caught up!

itslisa
this is cool group...

It's the COOLEST! And the best one on the DIS! :)

triplefigs

That's awesome!

KMH1
12-29-2005, 10:57 AM
Here's a link to Kelli's official birthday thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=10980177#post10980177

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 10:58 AM
Great report!
Thanks. You must be playing catch-up like me. I'm almost at the end. How was your day yesterday?

PNO4TE
12-29-2005, 10:59 AM
Yep! Does Mr. Kate own a baseball bat? ;)

Acutally, a very large brown paper bag placed strategically over Julia's head ought to do the trick without fear of assault charges....

triplefigs
12-29-2005, 10:59 AM
OMG - so you used to watch Happy Days and Joanie loves ChaChi?

My big crush at that age was Sylvester Stallone after Rocky came out.

My huge crush was Christopher Reeve. When he broke his neck in the riding accident, my DH was working for the company that makes the spinal implants. I felt like we really helped him! I was so sad when he finally died.

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/warner_brothers/superman_2/christopher_reeve/superman2.jpg

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 11:00 AM
You revealed your age in your trip report! :teeth:

haha...someone who pays attention!

triplefigs
12-29-2005, 11:01 AM
Heyy DDAers!

oxoxo
Alicia =0)

How awesome. Aren't the Osbourned Lights fantastic? Glad you had a good trip. We missed you.

KMH1
12-29-2005, 11:02 AM
haha...someone who pays attention!

Oh, I'm sure the Queen has all of our ages memorized. :rotfl:

Tammi67
12-29-2005, 11:03 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELLI

:grouphug: :cake: :cake: :bday: :bday: :cheer2:

triplefigs
12-29-2005, 11:04 AM
ooo i was just sitting here watching the news---a guy was just shot in the area that my dad works in (hes a fireman)..and then gunman is on the loose---now im a big idiot and call my dads cell phone (hes supposed to be working tonight)...he took the night off and was sound asleep in his room--he jumped up and was asking why i was calling him from down the hall!

Ok, Diet coke is on the computer screen! :rotfl:

itslisa
Here's a link to Kelli's official birthday thread:

AMy! We can always count on you to start one. :)

PNO4TE
boy, in 1983 I was a sophmore in college.... that was A LONG TIME AGO!!!

In 1983 I was more than 6 hands old....

itslisa
12-29-2005, 11:07 AM
OK ... Denise .... how bad was it?

triplefigs
12-29-2005, 11:08 AM
Wrong, I just said he was a Hardy boy. David, his half brother was the Partridge, silly! :teeth:

I loved Shaun Cassidy. I still remember getting his 8 Track for a present and flipping out! The Hardy Boys were awesome.

MinnieMouseMom
12-29-2005, 11:10 AM
this is cool group...

Welcome!! :wave2:

MinnieMouseMom
12-29-2005, 11:12 AM
I just want to say how much your birthday wishes mean to me. You all are the best!! Thank you!! :grouphug: :grouphug:

tink2020
12-29-2005, 11:15 AM
Congratulations, Jennifer. And I love your graphics. Now you need to move up to designing tshirts!

Hey, now ... I have my very own design thread! :rotfl: Not quite as large as some, but I've done a few :blush:

tink2020
12-29-2005, 11:16 AM
We got married on April Fool's Day. How appropriate is that for me? :rotfl:

:rotfl2: Too fun!

triplefigs
12-29-2005, 11:16 AM
THanks for the support, I was almost afraid to post here!!

Hi, Nancy! Glad you're joining us!

tink2020
12-29-2005, 11:17 AM
Too funny. As they say, you can't pick the family that goes with the man. Isn't it amazing all these guys turn out as well as they do?

yes it is.... sometimes I'm shocked! his brother is actually close to perfect, too :rotfl:

tink2020
12-29-2005, 11:17 AM
Awesome report and pictures, Jennifer!

Thank you :blush: