PDA

View Full Version : 12/16/06 10-day holiday cruise Part 2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

KatHuss
12-14-2005, 12:27 PM
Speaking of the Roy suite, do we have anyone in one of the larger suites for this cruise? Just curious if we were going to get a chance to see what they looked like. We had one of the aft cat 3's in June but I've never had a chance to see in the cat 2 or 1 suites.

DCLgodess
12-14-2005, 01:46 PM
i met someone who stayed in the walt suite. She let me come and hang out there. My goodness, it's like an entire house in there. Holy smokes lol. It was pretty though. Big big deck. They even get a dvd and vcr player with FREE movie rentals.

WMILLER86
12-14-2005, 01:49 PM
:eek: On a DISNEY cruise???? LOL

I think I caused a commercial or maybe a news bit, to be re-shot...on our DCL Mexican Riviera cruise. We had watched them filming while onboard. One scene showed a young woman walking past the gift shops on her way to the theater.
Anyway, I had just gotten out of the shower and heard my son and hubby hollering about a helicopter that was just outside our balcony. (We were in the Roy). So I ran to the door and opened it up...just in time to see a guy in the helicopter with a camera aimed our way. About that time I realized that I hadn't grabbed a robe:earseek: !!!!
Well, heck, there's not USUALLY anyone out there!

I'm guessing they had to do a re-take. :rotfl:

WOW! Got Stacey to admit flashing the camera crew! This thread is starting to get interesting! :teeth: :rotfl2:

W

justmestace
12-14-2005, 01:57 PM
WOW! Got Stacey to admit flashing the camera crew! This thread is starting to get interesting! :teeth: :rotfl2:

W

Don't expect an instant replay. And besides, I probably cracked his lens, too.

KatHuss
12-14-2005, 03:24 PM
We had a VCR in the cat 3 we had in June, got free movies with that but on a 3 day who the heck has time to stay in the cabin and do that???!!!

And there is no way I would have gone on the deck like Stacey did as we were right below the buffet and anyone up there had a great view down into our area.

I was amazed by how much space we had in the cat 3 as opposed to the cat 11's we were used to so I cannot imagine what the cat 1 and 2s are like. We definitely didn't need that much space for us, but with Mom in her wheelchair we needed the handicap accessible bathrooms and it was nice to have enough space to move her around and to have the dining table in the room to eat breakfast there before getting her dressed, etc. But we won't be doing that again so I doubt we will ever stay in another suite unless someone else is paying for it! Mom doesn't want to cruise again so we won't need it for her.

I am excited. We hit the one year to go mark for this cruise on the same day we go to double digits for our Hawaii trip in March and Friday is that day! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Wheeeeeeeee!!!!

WMILLER86
12-14-2005, 04:06 PM
Since the W Family will be down in steerage, I doubt I will get a peek into the suites! That is, unless I have to go deliver something there, or fix something.
You don't think steerage gets away without working for our berths, do ya?

W

ICEMANPAD
12-14-2005, 05:38 PM
We won't be near the suites either. In order to justify the price of the 10 day cruise, we booked a cat 11 stateroom. We had a cat 6 for the 2005 turkey cruise--I'm going to miss the verandah and the storage space. However, we are very happy to be on a 10 day Magic Cruise!! :cool1:

Lisa

justmestace
12-14-2005, 05:43 PM
We had 8602 for last year's Christmas cruise. We loved that huge balcony for 10 nights! I knew better than to run out there fresh out of the shower.

We've had a Cat 2 twice (thank you, magical upgrades!) the Roy once, and Cat 3 8602.
We have a mid-ship 3 for the May '06 Double Dip (8534) and I honestly don't remember the room number, but a Cat 3 for this one. Not in the aft, and not mid-ship....I DO remember that much!

KatHuss
12-14-2005, 07:37 PM
We have a cat 10 on deck 2 for this one. We were going to have a cat 8 on deck 6 but then got looking at costs and we will have the same size room, just no window and it will cost us about $1300 less!!!!!

We had 8602 on the Wonder in June. Large verandah indeed! No verandah's this trip. Oh well, we aren't in the room that much anyway and if we want the air we can go up top or to deck 4 like we always do.

DCLgodess
12-15-2005, 09:19 AM
Hi Stacey! Haven't seen you on for a while. maybe it was because i was missing for a while. lol.

justmestace
12-15-2005, 09:44 AM
Hi Stacey! Haven't seen you on for a while. maybe it was because i was missing for a while. lol.

No, I haven't been posting much. Work and life in general tend to get in the way. That, and getting ready to cruise next week.......our inexpensive Norwegian cruise out of Houston. Great ports, though. Belize, Roatan, Coz....and we were supposed to go to Cancun, but we aren't thanks to Wilma. Still, it will be a great ALL-SNORKEL trip....no formal nights for us!!

KatHuss
12-15-2005, 10:15 AM
Hey Stacey, DH is going to want to go snorkeling at least once on the 10 day next year. What are your recommendations for the BEST excursions?

It is snowing like crazy here right now. They say another 2-4 inches by tonight. Ugh. I want to be someplace warm with no snow! And tomorrow is the one year mark for our cruise!!!!!!!!

WMILLER86
12-15-2005, 10:28 AM
No, I haven't been posting much. Work and life in general tend to get in the way. That, and getting ready to cruise next week.......our inexpensive Norwegian cruise out of Houston. Great ports, though. Belize, Roatan, Coz....and we were supposed to go to Cancun, but we aren't thanks to Wilma. Still, it will be a great ALL-SNORKEL trip....no formal nights for us!!
Stacey, have fun on the Norwegian cruise! I was in Houston a couple of weeks ago and met some folks that had just returned frrom that cruise. They were from Kansas City and said they loved it. They said that the day before arriving back in Houston, the cruise lines was offering them to stay onboard for a back to back for only $79 per person. They were tempted, but had to return to work, and already had flights, etc.

Is this the one that has all informal dining? Since I am just 70 miles East of Houston, I will look forward to your report on this cruise!

Willie

dobelover
12-15-2005, 06:18 PM
$79.00, What a deal! We got $99.00 coupon for the 3 night Wonder several years ago.

Sue

videogal1
12-15-2005, 07:44 PM
Getting ready to cruise next week.......our inexpensive Norwegian cruise out of Houston. Great ports, though. Belize, Roatan, Coz....and we were supposed to go to Cancun, but we aren't thanks to Wilma. Still, it will be a great ALL-SNORKEL trip....no formal nights for us!!

Lucky you...I wanted to do that itinerary but Norwegian wouldn't allow dogs on board...Service dog or not...

We're now booked on a transatlantic for my b-day next year...#...ummm#60...

magiroux
12-16-2005, 05:54 AM
Does everybody know what the date is today????????????

Only one more year and we will be all waking up with GREAT BIG SMILES ON OUR FACES :teeth:

Stacey, you and your family have a great cruise and a Merry Christmas. I love the "dress down" thing...less to pack. Except, in your case, don't take that "dress down" thing too far...you exhibitionist you!!! :rotfl:

Ron..Congrats (belated) on your 3000 milestone. Geesh...more pirates pirate: . Between you and gaRry, I'll probably never see another T.O.P. again :teeth:

Well, if the cruise was today, I'd be in alot of trouble. Kat, believe me, the snow is better than what we have in store for us today. Snow, changing over to sleet, changing over to rain (no rain in ski country though :banana: :cool1: :banana: ). Gotta love New England. Definately have to fly out the night before.

Hey, a total accidental T.O.P. Everyone must still be sleeping

KatHuss
12-16-2005, 06:09 AM
Yep!!!!!! One year from today the real fun begins!!!! :flower: ::MickeyMo :flower:

Today I feel awful. I am seriously thinking about not going to work and for me to not go to work on the day of the Christmas carry-in and party I have to be pretty sick! This darn cold has gotten into my chest, though, I think. I took Nyquil and still couldn't sleep last night! :sick:

magiroux
12-16-2005, 06:23 AM
Hope you feel better, Kat. Take more Nyquil and go back to bed.

Better living through medication...that's what I always say :rolleyes:

dobelover
12-16-2005, 07:02 AM
Good Morning - Hope you feel better soon Kat. We will be waking up in a cabin at the Ft Wilderness Resort this time next year.

Sue

dobelover
12-16-2005, 07:04 AM
Hey Mary Ann - How about an update on your family.

Sue

DCLgodess
12-16-2005, 08:06 AM
http://www.estel-miire.org/disan.gif

KatHuss
12-16-2005, 08:23 AM
If we can get an early enough flight we will probably be waking up at a hotel near the airport and then flying into Orlando next year.

Silly me, I came to work. The cold drugs I took this morning made me loopy for about an hour, now I am crashing. I am really fighting to stay awake, ugh.

DCLgodess
12-16-2005, 08:29 AM
ACK! My early morning creation isn't showing up! dang hosting company. Well, it was showing up on my computer at home.

magiroux
12-16-2005, 10:30 AM
Hey Mary Ann - How about an update on your family.

Sue

Hi Sue....Well, Jim went to Dr the other day for his check up. Has only lost 20lbs and while that is great (for him anyway) he still needs to keep going. I bag him cheating all the time. He thinks he soooooooo smart as he sneaks those fruit roll ups out of the kitchen :rolleyes2 . His blood-sugar is better...110-130 range, but again, not great. Dad refuses to go back to the Dr so I don't know what stage he is at as far as the tumor. He seems fairly healthy , but unfortunately has moved out of my house because it was costing him over $400 a month in gas (he has an old Lincoln Towncar) to go to and from work so I am really worried since this is the time of year he has the most issues. He won't even get a flu shot and that's usually when he gets the worst, after he catches the flu. All's we can do is keep a good eye on him. Other wise everyone is healthy and happy campers. Thanks for asking.

How is Jeanne feeling?

dobelover
12-16-2005, 10:59 AM
You mean the 'energizer mommy'? Her dr doesn't know why she still doing so well! I tell him she doesn't want to miss any of the cruises we have planned!

Glad about your hubby, this is a bad time of year for a life style change (ok, so it has been a few months). Parents, what can we do!

We lucked out during the ice storm, take care.

Sue

WMILLER86
12-16-2005, 11:25 AM
Morning, y'all!

does anyone know where I can find a countdown clock for my signature?

Thanks,

Willie

magiroux
12-16-2005, 12:20 PM
Morning, y'all!

does anyone know where I can find a countdown clock for my signature?

Thanks,

Willie

I'd like to get one of those myself, Willie :)

Anyone.....Ferris.....Anyone???

LAMPSKIES
12-16-2005, 01:06 PM
Since the W Family will be down in steerage, I doubt I will get a peek into the suites! That is, unless I have to go deliver something there, or fix something.
You don't think steerage gets away without working for our berths, do ya?

W

Willie...Mrs. Lampy asked, "how much more is the suites"? Think "major suckage" is working?

magiroux
12-16-2005, 01:10 PM
You mean the 'energizer mommy'?

Sue

She keeps going and going and going........

GOOD FOR HER!!!!

Note to self...cruising slows down the aging process

LAMPSKIES
12-16-2005, 02:51 PM
If my girls posted stuff like that about their Mom they wouldn't be doing A LOT of things for A LOT LONGER than the weekend........ :badpc:

DCLgodess
12-16-2005, 02:54 PM
point taken. But you have to understand, the lovely friends i have here are like a good drink for me. They soothe and make me happy. Plus, when i don't post alot, you all know why. My mom doesn't even know how to get here anyway.

LAMPSKIES
12-16-2005, 02:56 PM
Doesn't matter...IMHO.....it has to do with RESPECT.

DCLgodess
12-16-2005, 02:58 PM
true true. I guess I was out of line. sorry all!

PSST: what does IMHO stand for?

LAMPSKIES
12-16-2005, 03:12 PM
No need to apologize to me......glad you had a change of heart. Sounds like you've got life pretty good.....be greatful....JMHO

WMILLER86
12-16-2005, 03:12 PM
Earth to Jen- you are on a board with a bunch of us old geezers. We ARE a bunch of Moms and Dads. And we LIKE being that way!
But really, don't forget we will rat you out to your Mom in an instant, so that she can ground your butt for another month. :rotfl2:

Your apology is appropriate, but it should go in the direction of your Mom.

W

LAMPSKIES
12-16-2005, 03:14 PM
true true. I guess I was out of line. sorry all!

PSST: what does IMHO stand for?

IMHO.....In My Honest Opinion

WMILLER86
12-16-2005, 04:08 PM
Willie...Mrs. Lampy asked, "how much more is the suites"? Think "major suckage" is working?

Is she really starting to give in? Good for Lampy! Now behave yourself at the Christmas parties this weekend, and don't screw it up! You need to be on this 10 day!

Have fun.

W

Denise Escola
12-17-2005, 09:01 AM
Hi everybody :wave2:

Who ARE all you people? Man I go away for a little bit and boom new crop springs up.

Hey Stacey you had it right work and life in general. Santa is coming. No wait let me rephrase for my girls.
SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN

Making a magical Christmas has been a hoot. I put the real ornaments on the tree this year (as opposed to those plastic kids can't break ones). The girls loved it. Shopping is in no way even close to being done, Christmas cards? :rotfl2: , lights :rotfl2: :rotfl2: yep dh keeps saying he'll get around to that (mmmhmmm). cookies? :laughing: . Am I giving you guys any hint to my current standing? Oh well. Family, friends,love, and giving thats what its all about. (you do the reindeer pokie and you turn yourself around...
:rolleyes1 )

Well welcome everybody and in case i get lost from my computer again Happy Holidays everybody from our asylum to yours.

Cheers-D :drinking1

Denise Escola
12-17-2005, 09:50 AM
just a reminder...

A woman, renewing her driver's license at the County Clerk's office
was asked by the woman recorder to state her occupation.

She hesitated, uncertain how to classify herself.

"What I mean is," explained the recorder, "do you have a job or are
you just a...?"

"Of course I have a job," snapped the woman. "I'm a Mom."

"We don't list 'Mom' as an occupation, "housewife covers it," said
the recorder emphatically.

I forgot all about her story until one day, I found myself in the
same situation, this time at our own Town Hall. The Clerk was
obviously a career woman, poised, efficient and possessed of a high
sounding title like, "Official Interrogator" or "Town Registrar."

"What is your occupation?" she probed.

What made me say it? I do not know. The words simply popped out.
*"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and
Human Relations."*
The clerk paused, ball-point pen frozen in midair and looked up as
though she had not heard right. I repeated the title slowly
emphasizing the most significant words. Then I stared with wonder as
my pronouncement was written in bold, black ink on the official
questionnaire.

"Might I ask," said the clerk with new interest, "just what you do in
your field?"

Coolly, without any trace of fluster in my voice, I heard myself
reply, "I have a continuing program of research, (what mother
doesn't) in the laboratory and in the field, (normally I would have
said indoors and out).

I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family) and already
have four credits (all daughters). Of course, the job is one of the
most demanding in the humanities, (any mother care to disagree?) and
I often work 14 hours a day, (24 is more like it). But the job is
more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers and the rewards
are more of a satisfaction rather than just money."

There was an increasing note of respect in the clerk's voice as she
completed the form, stood up and personally ushered me to the door.

As I drove into our driveway, buoyed up by my glamorous new career, I
was greeted by my lab assistants -- ages 13, 7, and 3. Upstairs I
could hear our new experimental model, (a 6 month old baby) in the
child development program, testing out a new vocal pattern. I felt I
had scored a beat on bureaucracy! And I had gone on the official
records as someone more distinguished and indispensable to mankind
than "just another Mom."

Motherhood! . What a glorious career! Especially when there's a title
on the door.

Does this make grandmothers "Senior Research associates in the field
of Child Development and Human Relations" and great grandmothers
Executive Senior Research Associates"? I think so!!! I also think it
makes Aunts "Associate Research Assistants.

Please send this to another Mom, Grandmother, Aunt, and other friends
you know.

LAMPSKIES
12-17-2005, 12:36 PM
Hi everybody :wave2:

Who ARE all you people? Man I go away for a little bit and boom new crop springs up.

Hey Stacey you had it right work and life in general. Santa is coming. No wait let me rephrase for my girls.
SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN

Making a magical Christmas has been a hoot. I put the real ornaments on the tree this year (as opposed to those plastic kids can't break ones). The girls loved it. Shopping is in no way even close to being done, Christmas cards? :rotfl2: , lights :rotfl2: :rotfl2: yep dh keeps saying he'll get around to that (mmmhmmm). cookies? :laughing: . Am I giving you guys any hint to my current standing? Oh well. Family, friends,love, and giving thats what its all about. (you do the reindeer pokie and you turn yourself around...
:rolleyes1 )

Well welcome everybody and in case i get lost from my computer again Happy Holidays everybody from our asylum to yours.

Cheers-D :drinking1

Welcome back Denise.......Let me introduce myself......I am Lampy nicknamed "the Jester" on our 05 Turkeyday sailing...(check out the "live from....thread). I will be sailing with "the mayor" aka...Willie, Dubya etc. We sailed together in 04 and "took over" the "bunnies" thread after our 04 sailing and all the way to the end of the 05 sailing....we effectively took over the ship.....Dubya and I had the 33 staterooms and approximately 130 people linked to our reservations.....I WAS a blast!! Now we are here to "take over" YOUR thread and sailing....can you handle it? :rotfl2: :drinking1

DCLgodess
12-17-2005, 05:47 PM
yeah well i'm in trouble with the boards now too. Guess i better lay low for a couple days. if you need me, pm me.

Denise Escola
12-17-2005, 06:49 PM
Hey Lampy!!! pirate: always good to have a new friend to play with.We will have to have a cold one or two together on the trip. Heads up on our clan. Me, dh Paul, dd6 Sierra and dd3 Kira. This will be our second cruise and God bless the clubhouse!

What the heck jEn? Did you let your teenage hormones get the best of you?We love you. Kira got a Breyer Spirit for her borthday. LOVES IT!!

Off to get ready for the party tonight.

ttfn-D

magiroux
12-17-2005, 10:54 PM
yeah well i'm in trouble with the boards now too. Guess i better lay low for a couple days. if you need me, pm me.

Hi jEn....no trouble hear as far as I'm concerned. You've been on the this thread since Day 1 (heck, you started it) and as far as I can tell, your Mom did something right ;) . Just remember.."this too shall pass" (don't know who I'm quoting here, just thought it applied). Don't beat up on yourself...if I had a dime for every mistake I made in my younger years, I'd be cruising in the "Walt" suite every Christmas :rotfl: .

magiroux
12-17-2005, 10:56 PM
Hi Denise :wave: ...Welcome Back :love2: :love2: :love2:

wdwgoose
12-18-2005, 11:12 AM
HAY ALL I'M BACK

MORE LATER

gaRry

dobelover
12-18-2005, 05:19 PM
gaRry - I have missed you. Please post your trip report.

Sue

wdwgoose
12-18-2005, 05:46 PM
:rolleyes1 WHAT REPORT :confused3 :confused3 :rolleyes: :rotfl2: :moped:

1 week of :confused3 :goodvibes :cool1: :banana: :love:

then DS came down :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :bitelip: :teacher:

I will do better after I eat :earboy2: :earboy2: :wave:

gaRry

wdwgoose
12-18-2005, 05:47 PM
AND JUST THINK 2 WEEKS WITH NO TOP AND I JUST MISSED THAT ONE
:confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :bitelip:

HI j E n :rolleyes:

gaRry

KatHuss
12-19-2005, 05:52 AM
I am sooo excited! I found a tree for the cruise next year! I found the gel type window clings that make a tree with ornaments you can put where you want and even little gifts to go underneath! I can put it on the mirror over the desk and then presents can go underneath on the desk. :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: :banana:

It is supposed to be COLD here today. They say the HIGH will be 17 and the wind chills will be in the single digits or lower! BRRRRRRR!!!! At least the kids are on break so no waiting for the bus in this crud this morning.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. :)

dobelover
12-19-2005, 06:09 AM
Kat - What a great idea! Still wondering what I was thinking when I didn't book a Christmas cruise this year, probably $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Sue

magiroux
12-19-2005, 07:13 AM
Good Morning All :wave:

I saw those window clings this weekend, Kat, and for the life of me can't remember where. I never even thought of taking them on the cruise, but that's a great idea. I am not going to decorate too much this time. I am thinking packing it all up on Christmas/Castaway Cay Day is just too depressing. Your kids are on break already!!! They are in school 'till Friday around here, not even a 1/2 day on Friday.

Yeah Sue, that $$$$$$$$$$$$$ thing sure does get in the way of cruisin when we want, doesn't it?

Welcome Back gaRry...how was your trip?

Denise Escola
12-19-2005, 07:19 AM
Morning all,

Kat I used the window clings last cruise. SOO convenient. I brought in some fresh greens for the scent too. Although on this cruise we will have a window,nay a veranda. :banana: Maybe I won't be awoken by the thunder of the engines this time. :blush:
The party was fun and yes I behaved myself for my girlfriends sake. You can have the professional world. It is miles away from mine.
Time to start the day. Supposed to be in the low 70's today :cold: :rotfl2: Love you guys

Have a good one all! D

KatHuss
12-19-2005, 08:58 AM
I found mine at the gift shop at the Indiana State Museum. We were there yesterday to see the Lord of the Rings exhibit. It has lots of the armor, weapons and costumes used in the movies. It was AWESOME!

justmestace
12-19-2005, 10:29 AM
Hi guys! Back from my long weekend in Vegas and decided I just had to catch that cold/flu that's going around. Would someone be so kind as to get the elephant off my chest???? It hurts to even breathe.

I have those gel clings to take on the cruise THAT LEAVES THIS SATURDAY. Why am I suddenly not ready????
Hallmark has them, and Michaels & JoAnn had them....the window clings.

I didn't see what Jen said, and while it's true that as a Mom and a daughter, I totally understand Respect....I'd like to remind everyone that before we can judge, we need to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Perhaps there is more to the story of Jen's life at home than most of us know.
And while I can't begin to speak for anyone else, I know that it has helped me many times to be able to "vent" to friends, so that I didn't make a mistake and hurt my parents.

magiroux
12-19-2005, 11:38 AM
Morning all,

Supposed to be in the low 70's today :cold: :rotfl2: Love you guys

Have a good one all! D

You West Coast Chicks...always rubbing it in. :flower:

Well, it's very sunny here and all the way in the low 20's. So there, take that :p :tongue: :earboy2:

Very well said Stacey. And, how was Vegas? Did you make a Christmas donation???? Hope you feel better soon...you got lots of packing to do before your next trip.

justmestace
12-19-2005, 12:03 PM
You West Coast Chicks...always rubbing it in. :flower:

Well, it's very sunny here and all the way in the low 20's. So there, take that :p :tongue: :earboy2:

Very well said Stacey. And, how was Vegas? Did you make a Christmas donation???? Hope you feel better soon...you got lots of packing to do before your next trip.

My oldest DD went with me, and we had a ball! We went to the "other" Chip & Dale's show. LOL
And we went to see Rita Rudner, she was funny.
Yes, I left them a small donation....not too bad. I was there for a jewelry shopping spree offer from the MGM Grand, so I got four pieces of pretty nice jewelry. I figure I'm about even with them!

I have an appointment with the doc this afternoon. I normally would let it run its course, but can't really afford to, since we leave Friday.
Packing shouldn't be too bad. The snorkel bag is ready, the toiletries are ready, my clothes are laid out and ready. The kids can do their own, I made very specific lists for them. And Jay's packing is easy for me. Toss in some Dockers and a couple of Hawaiian shirts, and he's set!

WMILLER86
12-19-2005, 04:06 PM
Hi guys! Back from my long weekend in Vegas and decided I just had to catch that cold/flu that's going around. Would someone be so kind as to get the elephant off my chest???? It hurts to even breathe.

I have those gel clings to take on the cruise THAT LEAVES THIS SATURDAY. Why am I suddenly not ready????
Hallmark has them, and Michaels & JoAnn had them....the window clings.

I didn't see what Jen said, and while it's true that as a Mom and a daughter, I totally understand Respect....I'd like to remind everyone that before we can judge, we need to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Perhaps there is more to the story of Jen's life at home than most of us know.
And while I can't begin to speak for anyone else, I know that it has helped me many times to be able to "vent" to friends, so that I didn't make a mistake and hurt my parents.

The original post was deleted. Which is good. I thought we should just drop it. But the kid was calling her mother curse words. I can't let that pass without comment. Even though I have not walked in her shoes, I will judge that she has some problems that she needs help with. Maybe there is more to her story at home than we know. And yes, it does help to vent to friends. Still, I would give her the same advice I gave her. Don't post on an open forum those type of remarks. Send your friends a PM or email.
She sounds like a VERY fortunate young lady to me. Taking Disney cruises, riding horses, etc. But like most kids, she does not realize how good she has it.
Maybe since I am a newbie to this thread, I should have kept my mouth shut. But I just could not let her comments go.

Willie

DCLgodess
12-19-2005, 05:02 PM
I GOT INTO LOYOLA-MARYMOUNT UNIVERSITY!!!!

I got accepted to my number 1 choice for colleges! the letter came today!!!! OMG! I am sooo excited!!!

okay back into hiding.

justmestace
12-19-2005, 05:05 PM
:cheer2: :cheer2: CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Now...keep those grades up...and no more nasty words on the DIS boards, okay?

magiroux
12-19-2005, 05:46 PM
Congratulations, Jen. You have worked hard and it has paid off for you.

Good for you!!!!

wdwgoose
12-19-2005, 07:05 PM
THANK YOU

I'M BACK T O P

gaRry

wdwgoose
12-19-2005, 07:07 PM
?????

KatHuss
12-19-2005, 08:46 PM
Welcome back, gaRry, how was Florida? Did you say hi to Mickey for everyone?

It's been busy here while you were gone. Lots of new folks, differing opinions, that sort of thing.

Jen, Congrats!! Wooo Hoo, you go girl!!!!

I have been baking and my house smells like gingerbread cookies. Yummy!!!!! And just think, this time next year we will be on our second sea day out in the Caribbean!!!!

Denise Escola
12-20-2005, 12:58 AM
Yeah jEn!!!!
:jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :maleficen :jumping1: :jumping1:

DCLgodess
12-20-2005, 06:32 AM
i am really excited. I will be out to california alot over the next couple of months for scheduling and other fun stuff. We will have to have a meet for those S.C. people.

WMILLER86
12-20-2005, 12:28 PM
I GOT INTO LOYOLA-MARYMOUNT UNIVERSITY!!!!

I got accepted to my number 1 choice for colleges! the letter came today!!!! OMG! I am sooo excited!!!

okay back into hiding.

Congratulations, Jen. That is impressive!

And, come out of hiding and post! Don't be scared away by us old coots griping! You can start by telling what course of study do you plan on taking?

Willie

KatHuss
12-20-2005, 01:55 PM
Who you calling on old coot? I may be old enough to be her mother but that doesn't make me old or a coot! Heck, my only kid is half her age and that makes me feel old enough.

Is it the weekend yet? I am ready for the weekend already. I am taking tomorrow off but have to come back for Thursday and Friday. That is the one thing I miss about being a kid....the long holiday breaks, spring break, summers off. Don't get those anymore :( . Oh well, DD says it isn't fair because mommy and daddy get to stay up late and her school night bedtime is 8:30 so I guess there are perks. :)

WMILLER86
12-20-2005, 02:03 PM
Who you calling on old coot? I may be old enough to be her mother but that doesn't make me old or a coot! Heck, my only kid is half her age and that makes me feel old enough.

Sorry Kat! I meant myself only! My girls are 15 and 10. I am 47 but I have always said that the years don't count, only the mileage! So I guess I would be considered high mileage!

Willie

DCLgodess
12-20-2005, 04:02 PM
Here is my study Plan

Computer Science

TO

Patent Law or Computer field (NASA: Beoing: etc)

sounds exciting huh?

Oh and in there i plan to ride horses, show, rodeo, and possibly breed my girl to a famous stallion and hope for a colt.

magiroux
12-20-2005, 06:19 PM
No jEn, the schedule is not very exciting at all. Looks like you have your work cut out for you. Ambitious little lady, aren't ya??

DCLgodess
12-20-2005, 06:30 PM
oh i have goals. Ever since i was three i wanted to work with computers. At first i wanted to do the fly-by-wire systems in the new aircrafts from Beoing, but after 9/11 i didn't want to do airplanes anymore. just not a good market there if ya know what i mean. So maybe i will work for nasa?

magiroux
12-20-2005, 06:34 PM
OK, so, got the cooking done for the ski trip.

Um, let's see...All in the freezer, ready to go.....Sausage Pasta Casserole w/ meatballs on the side, Shepard's Pie, Meatloaf, Ribs & Cornbread, Chicken Wings, Chicken Soup...damn, sounds like one of our NE Patroit's tailgate parties. I'm Italian. The biggest fear (and crime) is not having enough food, inherited that from my Grammy!

Ahhh, nothing like skiing comfort food. Don't think any strangers will be taking pitcures of me going down the slopes in MY thong :rotfl: :rotfl: .

Now to get going on the Prime Rib Christmas Eve Dinner and the Ham for Christmas Dinner (thank goodness dinner is at SIL's and ham is all I am responsible for.)

Oh, Sue, what were we thinking not booking an '05 Christmas Cruise. Calgon, take me away.

KatHuss
12-20-2005, 07:14 PM
Sorry Kat! I meant myself only! My girls are 15 and 10. I am 47 but I have always said that the years don't count, only the mileage! So I guess I would be considered high mileage!

Willie

Willie, you don't have that many years on me! Though DH insists I am still 29 which is how old I was when we got married. I wish I were still 29 sometimes but hey, we are what we are, right? And life is good so what the heck.

ICEMANPAD
12-20-2005, 07:32 PM
Willie-you are definitely not an old coot!! You are a fun loving kid at heart!!

jEn-Congratulations on getting into your #1 college choice!! That's great!!

Kat-I also miss long winter and summer vacations!! Our DS (age 6) also complains that he has to go to bed early and miss all the fun. What fun? After he goes to sleep is when I have time to pay bills, do laundry, do dishes--all that fun adult stuff!!

Lisa

DCLgodess
12-20-2005, 08:55 PM
but see, you guys get to have all those nice refreshing beverages not served to those under 21. What's 21 anyway but an age? strawberry daiquiris are soooo good, but they are sooo much better with rum. Drink up me 'earties, Yo Ho! :drinking1 :drinking:

wdwgoose
12-20-2005, 09:20 PM
SO DID SOME ONE CALL ME ?????????

MUST BE TIME FOR A T O P

pirate:

pirate:

:firefight

gaRry

justmestace
12-20-2005, 09:42 PM
OK, so, got the cooking done for the ski trip.

Um, let's see...All in the freezer, ready to go.....Sausage Pasta Casserole w/ meatballs on the side, Shepard's Pie, Meatloaf, Ribs & Cornbread, Chicken Wings, Chicken Soup...damn, sounds like one of our NE Patroit's tailgate parties. I'm Italian. The biggest fear (and crime) is not having enough food, inherited that from my Grammy!

Ahhh, nothing like skiing comfort food. Don't think any strangers will be taking pitcures of me going down the slopes in MY thong :rotfl: :rotfl: .

Now to get going on the Prime Rib Christmas Eve Dinner and the Ham for Christmas Dinner (thank goodness dinner is at SIL's and ham is all I am responsible for.)

Oh, Sue, what were we thinking not booking an '05 Christmas Cruise. Calgon, take me away.

OMG! I just gained ten pounds reading this! Holy cow!!

It's not too late to sign on with me and Jay & the kids! We could use a few friends on this cruise. ::yes::

justmestace
12-20-2005, 09:44 PM
Why do I always end up here, talking to myself? Must be that west-coast time thing.......

BTW people....careful with the old coot stuff....I think I'm one, now too. Same age as Willie! I was told when I had my two younger kids at a "late age" that they would keep me young. HA!

DCLgodess
12-21-2005, 06:19 AM
my mom is the same age as Willie. lol. There are some of you, ***HINT***, that need to PM me with your information for this list. I love my website dearly, and would hate to see it not updated. lol

Boo is leaving for training next monday. We are trailering her down to the farm and she will stay there until he says: 1) I hate her or 2) She's going to make a decent horse, let me keep her for another month: I am hoping for #2. lol. I have some new snow pictures posted in my gallery. Just use the link in my sig. There are just way to big to post here.

Denise Escola
12-21-2005, 05:54 PM
Hey guys,

What's up? I am off for the holidays. :banana: Got my bottle of wine that I am going to chill for later and the fam and I are headed off to see the lights at the Wild Animal Park.

Updating the fantasy 5...Cary Grant, Lance Armstrong, Densel Washington, Brad Pitt, and newby Peyton Manning. So James Taylor is kicked off the island for now.

TTFN-D

DCLgodess
12-21-2005, 09:32 PM
oh the island. on my island there is...

1) Hayden Christensen
2) My boyfriend
3) George Lucas
4) Harrison Ford
5) Natalie Portman

Got the whole star wars crew there. Just cool people.

justmestace
12-21-2005, 10:49 PM
What is wrong with the world today?

Someone snuck into a horse ranch with a pickup truck, stole a trailer and two horses that were being trained and boarded there. A little gal in Jordan's class owned one of the horses, and she's heart-broken!

:sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

Denise Escola
12-21-2005, 11:56 PM
I know what you mean Stacey...just found out my mothers sterling silver serviceware is gone. Can't even begin to describe the emotions but perimenopause me is not too happy. I'm ready to.....ooohgrrrrrr. :) I'll find a happy place now.
Jen remember they have to be famous. No boyfriends.and a chick on your fantasy island? Boys are for girls and girls are for boys :teacher: :rolleyes1

Surf is UP!! 13 to 16 foot waves are expected. :cheer2: and I have reservations at a beachside retaurant for Christmas dinner.

8 week old baby lion cub at the park. Oh my so cute!I took pictures. Will try to figure out how to post them.
night all.
D

DCLgodess
12-22-2005, 06:14 AM
OH NO!!!!! THATS HORRIBLE! I can't imagine what i would do if Boo were stolen. Probably kill myself. I am so glad i installed a security camera in her stall. Not to watch for people, but to watch the horse. To make sure she doesn't kick the walls or anything. But it gets the whole stall and the door and is dark-proof. now i am sad just thinking about it...

oh all the island rules i forgot: so here is my updated island

1) Hayden Christensen
2) George Lucas
3) Harrison Ford
4) Ewan McGreggor
5) Viggo Mortensen

magiroux
12-22-2005, 07:12 AM
.and a chick on your fantasy island?
D

.....not that there's anything wrong with that

magiroux
12-22-2005, 08:03 AM
I know what ya mean guys. 'Tis the season to say, "What the heck is wrong with some people."

Lucky you, Denise. I have to work til Friday and a full day at that, but then off until the following Monday. Going out for Christmas Dinner. Now, why didn't I think of that?

Well, got the heebie jeebies from the kids. Found out one of my daycare kids was puking all night Sunday and Mom didn't think it important to mention it. The siblings & Mom had it yesterday (at least she kept them home this time) and, without the gory details, guess who was next :rolleyes1 . The good thing is, the thought of food has absolutely no appeal to me whatsoever. Maybe I'll drop a few before the, "big comfort food gorge fest".

Have to give that Fantasy Island some thought. Can't remember most that were on my list las time. The must be old news now.

Denise Escola
12-22-2005, 08:29 AM
Oh Bubbles...bummer. And BTW that comfort food fest sounded darn good.
I still rank our luncheon at Megans Bay as one of the best Christmas meals I've had. :sunny: The company, the atmosphere, and I'm sure Jimmy would agree-the service.

Much better on that list there Jen. You know I had the list on my computer at that job I had over the summer. Forgot to take it home with me.
So today DD6 is going to a friends house and DD3, daddy and I are headed out to do some shopping.YES I'm not done. After I take Ki to the doctor that is. Gotta go spend my gift cert from my bosses. :teeth:

Hey Gary hows the coffee this morning? I sure need some. I have a Gary puppet in my brain now whenever I want a cupof coffee I think of You Gary.
C O F F E E ! !

Hows it going Kat? Have you seen Narnia yet? I have yet to see Harry Potter. Is yorkshire pudding on the menu this Christmas? I'm there with you on that age thing. I still feel like a 29 year old but with padding to protect my rock hard abs.

Hi Lisa, a 6 year old? That's my oldests age. OOH playmates.

Ok the girls are awake. I have just lost my computer time. Have a good one all.
cheers-D

Denise Escola
12-22-2005, 09:10 AM
Some morning giggles....

As the holiday party season kicks into high gear, and you find yourself asking the inevitable question, "I wonder if he/she is drunk (yet)?", you might want to try some simple speech tests to guage a person's level of intoxication. Be sure to try to get the subject in question to use one or more of the following words or phrases:
THINGS THAT ARE DIFFICULT TO SAY WHEN YOU'RE DRUNK:

Indubitably
Innovative
Preliminary
Proliferation
Cinnamon
Mitsubishi
THINGS THAT ARE VERY DIFFICULT TO SAY WHEN YOU'RE DRUNK:

Specificity
British Constitution
Passive-aggressive disorder
Loquacious Transubstantiate
THINGS THAT ARE DOWNRIGHT IMPOSSIBLE TO SAY WHEN YOU'RE DRUNK:

Thanks, but I don't want to have sex.
Nope, no more booze for me.
Sorry, but you're not really my type.
Good evening officer, isn't it lovely out tonight.
Oh, I just couldn't. No one wants to hear me sing.

Here's hoping you have a safe and happy (and successful) holiday party season. :rotfl:

Denise Escola
12-22-2005, 09:11 AM
and since I'm here... pirate:

Denise Escola
12-22-2005, 09:12 AM
Gary are you lurking?

Denise Escola
12-22-2005, 09:13 AM
pirate: its the little things that count. pirate:

T.O.P.

wdwgoose
12-22-2005, 10:02 AM
SURE wait till I'm off the air

YOU pirate:

okay vented

GOOD MORNIN ALL

gaRry

justmestace
12-22-2005, 10:09 AM
Some morning giggles....

As the holiday party season kicks into high gear, and you find yourself asking the inevitable question, "I wonder if he/she is drunk (yet)?", you might want to try some simple speech tests to guage a person's level of intoxication. Be sure to try to get the subject in question to use one or more of the following words or phrases:
THINGS THAT ARE DIFFICULT TO SAY WHEN YOU'RE DRUNK:

Indubitably
Innovative
Preliminary
Proliferation
Cinnamon
Mitsubishi
THINGS THAT ARE VERY DIFFICULT TO SAY WHEN YOU'RE DRUNK:

Specificity
British Constitution
Passive-aggressive disorder
Loquacious Transubstantiate

Thanks, but I don't want to have sex.
Nope, no more booze for me.
Sorry, but you're not really my type.
Good evening officer, isn't it lovely out tonight.
Oh, I just couldn't. No one wants to hear me sing.

Here's hoping you have a safe and happy (and successful) holiday party season. :rotfl:

I can't say half of those SOBER! Why do you think I have THREE kids instead of the two I had planned on???? ;)

videogal1
12-22-2005, 10:40 AM
[/QUOTE=Denise Escola]Some morning giggles....

As the holiday party season kicks into high gear, and you find yourself asking the inevitable question, "I wonder if he/she is drunk (yet)?", you might want to try some simple speech tests to guage a person's level of

Good evening officer, isn't it lovely out today.

.. "Constanoon, afterbule" ???

[/QUOTE] :p

Denise Escola
12-22-2005, 11:59 AM
LYNDA!!!!

Merry Christmas. Where have you been woman? Cash been keeping you out or something?

Good to see you.

DCLgodess
12-22-2005, 01:18 PM
very very cute joke. lol. I haven't been drunk yet, so i can't tell you how i'd do with those words. Some big words there, some of which i can't even say now. lol. 10 more minutes and then no school for a while.

magiroux
12-22-2005, 07:05 PM
Feeling better..chipped away at a little of the frozen chicken rice soup. Man, what's in that stuff that make you feel better instantly?

Enjoy your time off jEn. Are your teachers like the ones around here?...give the kids (read parents) a project to do over vacation. It's just not right :sad2:

Lynda...Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas...and Cash too!!

I'm with you Stace...ABC's sober are a challenge some days for me. Can you say hormone therapy on the horizon?

Denise Escola
12-22-2005, 08:13 PM
Hey Jen, Can you send me one of your horse dohickies? Kira is now a bonafied horse nut. She would love to have a horse drawing on her wall.
OMG its horsie this and horsie that. here a horsie there a horsie everywhere a horsie horsie......

DCLgodess
12-22-2005, 09:21 PM
what kind would you like? I have those little pixels, sketches, big fantasy pictures, 3-d renders, computer generated horses, real horse pictures? i have just about every kind of digital art that's about horses.

Denise Escola
12-22-2005, 11:07 PM
THE PIXELS THE PIXELS!!!
Yeah! :banana:

justmestace
12-22-2005, 11:49 PM
MaryAnn...can you say "Hormone therapy (patch) already on my butt"??? :rotfl:
It doesn't rejuvenate brain cells!

LYNDA! Where have you BEEN??????????

Glad school's out for a while, jEn....time for a break!

Dokey okey....first thing in the morning (well, okay, not really first thing, but reasonably early) we head for the plane to Houston. This should be an interesting cruise.....definitely different than Disney.
Will post when I get a chance.....I just hope they are happy posts. Not too sure how it will be without the Mouse!

At least I am feeling somewhat better today, so that means tomorrow will be even better, and by Saturday I should be even betterer. Is betterer a word??

Have a wonderful Christmas, everyone!

WMILLER86
12-23-2005, 12:17 PM
Merry Christmas Yall

KatHuss
12-23-2005, 01:56 PM
Indeed, Merry Christmas to one and all!!! And next year we can wish each other Merry Christmas in person!!!!!

ICEMANPAD
12-23-2005, 04:12 PM
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!!!! :sunny: :sunny:

Chuck, Lisa and Mason

wdwgoose
12-23-2005, 05:31 PM
H A P P Y H O L I D A Y S

gaRry

wdwgoose
12-23-2005, 05:32 PM
AND A HAPPY TOP

gaRry pirate: pirate:

magiroux
12-24-2005, 05:35 AM
Ahhh, 6:30am and am probably enjoying the last moments of relaxation and peace & quiet 'till Monday.

I hope every one has a VERY Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah. Next year we will all be sharing the holidays with each other and lots of new Holiday Dis Cruisers that I hope will join in. I look forward to a year of planning special things with all of you to make it the best vacation ever.

Happy New Year too!!

Peace

wdwgoose
12-24-2005, 06:04 AM
GOOD MORNIN CRUISERS

H A P P Y

H O L I D A Y S

IT IS VERY QUEIT NOW but just for a few minutes

waiting for a very nice sun rise I hope

well work to do

I just have to call staCey to say HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy

gaRry

KatHuss
12-24-2005, 08:23 AM
Happy Christmas Eve to one and all!

Denise Escola
12-24-2005, 09:06 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY

DCLgodess
12-24-2005, 09:25 AM
Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays

videogal1
12-24-2005, 11:01 PM
Merry Christmas, all !!!

wdwgoose
12-25-2005, 05:32 AM
GOOD MORNIN CRIUSERS

M E R R Y

C H R I S T M A S

:grouphug:

:grouphug:

gaRry

dobelover
12-25-2005, 06:32 AM
Merry Christmas!

I am very excited about the small present I got DM. I have been looking for a 'worry stone', something for her to hold in her hand when she gets anxious. I found an angel stone at the Hallmark store. Just perfect for her. I am enjoying the peaceful morning with holiday music. My family will start showing up at 10am or so. The only thing I will miss this time next year is my dog!

Sue

magiroux
12-25-2005, 07:56 AM
Merry Christmas!

[color=darkgreen]The only thing I will miss this time next year is my dog!

Sue

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: SO TRUE :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

magiroux
12-25-2005, 08:02 AM
Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

I would also like to thank our Troops serving overseas. They are sacrificing being with their families to protect ours. :grouphug:

KatHuss
12-25-2005, 08:40 AM
Ok, DH got me a great one!!! It is a large framed pic of Johnny Depp from Pirates and his autograph across the bottom with a certificate of authentication for the autograph!!!!! What a sweety!!!!! Now I have Johnny Depp hanging in my family room!!!!

wdwgoose
12-25-2005, 11:55 PM
GOOD MORNIN

DAY

AFTER

CHRISTMAS

staCey hows the cruise going\?????????

is there no other west coaster UP????????

good night all

gaRry :confused3 :confused3 :guilty:

Denise Escola
12-26-2005, 02:54 PM
I'm here Gary

Denise Escola
12-26-2005, 02:54 PM
Had a nice Christmas...walked on the beach... pirate:

pirate:

Denise Escola
12-26-2005, 02:55 PM
pirate: pirate: pirate: hee hee pirate: pirate: pirate:

got cooking lessons at a local chef school and a new knife.

DCLgodess
12-26-2005, 03:15 PM
Ok, DH got me a great one!!! It is a large framed pic of Johnny Depp from Pirates and his autograph across the bottom with a certificate of authentication for the autograph!!!!! What a sweety!!!!! Now I have Johnny Depp hanging in my family room!!!!

not bad. A year ago i would have killed for that gift. He's hott. lol. Now i prefer Hayden Christensen. Him as Anakin in that wavy hair, ooooooo, just makes me shiver. But I can never wait for anybody to get me anything. I just jumped on the cast signed script. Signed by 15 cast members (including George Lucas, Hayden, Ewan McGreggor, Natalie). So i have that and a signed poster. Have a huge banner from Pirates. Its the big ones from the movie theatres (5 feet wide by 2 feet tall). I am such a movie buff. And my latest addition to my movie props is an authentic Pirates Medallion. Its a real one from off the set. That cost me a pretty penny.

KatHuss
12-26-2005, 07:18 PM
I have one of the replica medallions I got on ebay this summer. I had it for the Pirates in the Caribbean party when we cruised in June. I will, of course, be bringing it next December.

DCLgodess
12-26-2005, 07:21 PM
is yours from Master Replicas or is it really from the set? MR has one that is the exact same size and everything, cept for the MR logo on the back. Mine is from the set. One of the 256 pieces actually made (there were never 882 identical pieces, just 256. The rest was cardboard.).

KatHuss
12-27-2005, 08:51 AM
I don't believe it is from the set. It has some logo on the back but I cannot make it out. I didn't pay enough for it to be a real one. They sell them all over ebay, though.

DCLgodess
12-27-2005, 07:07 PM
ah it's probably a MR one then. Mine has the Disney copyright logo, but no MR logo. They both look the same (my boyfriend has the MR one) when you compare them side by side.

Well garry, Boo's off for some serious training. they are going to make her into a good reining and rodeo horse. I get to go down every other week to check on her progress. Should be exciting. It took us 2 hours and 4 strong guys to get her in my 2-horse. Had to remove the center panel and the back bar to make it a "stock" trailer. It was fun. She came out alright, jus really sweaty.

Well, i am off to do fun and exciting things (NOT). bye all.

DCLgodess
12-28-2005, 12:20 PM
Wow, where is everybody? Maybe it's just me. Whenever i can get on alot, nobody's heres. :( oh well.

WMILLER86
12-28-2005, 01:42 PM
Kinda quiet here is right!

Jen, those doubloons from Pirates of the Caribbean sound pretty cool! My DD Hayley is a big fan of the movie, also. I may look around for one of the replica ones for her. She saw the previews the other day for the sequel. Looks like it is coming out this summer. You would think that being a pirate fan, she would dress up with her little sister and I on Pirate Night, but she would have none of it! She is pretty shy, though, so I guess I should expect it. She and her sister are opposites.

This is Erin and I. We had a great time.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid195/p638a57d91884a64db9551158c1042032/f1477ee4.jpg

DCLgodess
12-28-2005, 02:01 PM
do an ebay search for Pirate Medallion or go to www.masterreplicas.com and get one off their site. Don't think there are any set pieces still floating around. Got mine pretty early. I also have a miniature from the premiere at Disneyland. fun stuff.

OMG! I know none of you probably know what a fanlisting is but i will try to explain. A fanlisting is an online listing for all the fans of a certain subject. for example, I have a fanlisting for Ben Gates from National Treasure. But I just got approved for the fanlisting for DCL!! I have been waiting for it to be open for application and i can't believe i got it. I will let you all know when it's done so you all can join. I am going to start right now. lol.

KatHuss
12-28-2005, 02:05 PM
Willie, I found mine on ebay. If you type in Pirates coin necklace you will find some listed (those are the replicas), or you can leave off the necklace part and just get the coins. I love mine and will have it with me next year for Pirate Night for sure.

We don't generally dress up for Pirate night as we aren't really costume types and we don't want to pack that much extra in our luggage. It is bad enough with snorkeling stuff for dh, clothes for everyone (including formal and semi-formal), etc. We had two large suitecases for the 7 day last year. I am going to try to keep it to no more than that for the 10 day and just figure on doing laundry a couple of times so anything extra is to be avoided. I am even trying to get DH to agree to renting a tux for the two formal nights this time around. Still not sure if it is worth the cost, though.

Does anyone else rent or bring a tux for the formal nights or would he be the only one in our crew doing that????

I am looking forward to the next Pirates movie this summer! The preview looked pretty good. I am a big Johnny Depp fan anyway so it is all good.

KatHuss
12-28-2005, 02:06 PM
See Jen, you aren't the only one on here now!

dee47
12-28-2005, 04:07 PM
Tuxes? Did Someone say Tuxes???
This is last year's 10-day cruise.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/dee47/Misc/XMasEveFormalbyTreee.jpg

KatHuss
12-28-2005, 04:51 PM
Dee, that's a beautiful pic! DH won't do the formal pics. With the long lines I can't really blame him. I don't own a gown and am not likely too though I would like to find a really nice "cocktail" type dress if he does agree to rent a tux. Too bad DCL doesn't rent women's formal wear like some of the other cruise lines do! I HATE to shop for dresses. Ugh. Oh well, I still have almost a year so maybe I will find something between now and then.

DCLgodess
12-28-2005, 10:02 PM
on formal night i will probably wear my Padme dress. i am getting the Padme Lake Dress (Ep II. AKA P-11) custom made including the neck and arm bands. I can't wait for it to come (which won't be until april). ACK! I need to start tanning! Can't be a pale padme. I used to love Johnny. Still do. Met him once in NYC @ a premiere. But now i am a Hayden fan. Star wars is my life. I can't imagine a day without thinking about it.

DCLgodess
12-28-2005, 10:09 PM
OMG! I just heard on the news that last night the Grand Californian Hotel in Disney Land was evacuated. The Christmas tree caught fire and the sprinklers and alarms went off. Fire fighters came and the hotel was evacuated for hours. That's poop for Disney.

wdwgoose
12-29-2005, 07:19 AM
OKAY MUST BEE ME

MINE

MINE

MINEALL

MINE

pirate:

pirate:

:earboy2:

gaRry

wdwgoose
12-29-2005, 07:20 AM
HAAAAAAAAY

GOOD

MORNIN

ALL

gaRry :rolleyes1

Denise Escola
12-29-2005, 08:44 AM
Gary you dog.... :dog2:

You are the TOP master. :worship:

Saw the previews for the new Pirates movie yesterday. Saw Narnia too. My girls have seen Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings and have been just fine...last night though was bad dream night. :rolleyes1 Maybe it was the talking animals.

KatHuss
12-29-2005, 09:29 AM
I think gaRry lurks and then posts when he knows he will get a top! :rolleyes1 He is soooo bad. :)

So what is anyone doing for New Years? We are going across the street to Mom and SIL's house. No driving for us! If we get too drunk we just stumble home across the road. :banana:

WMILLER86
12-29-2005, 10:10 AM
I think gaRry lurks and then posts when he knows he will get a top! :rolleyes1 He is soooo bad. :)

So what is anyone doing for New Years? We are going across the street to Mom and SIL's house. No driving for us! If we get too drunk we just stumble home across the road. :banana:

Kat, are you sure your not from Texas? Sounds like what we have going on around here!

Where I live was hit pretty hard by Hurricane Rita.(Gulf Coast) So we have a LOT of trees down on my property that are mostly in a huge burn pile. So we will have a bonfire for New Years. The kiddos will be shooting fireworks, sipping cocoa, and roasting marshmellows. The grown ups will be shooting tequila and sipping whiskey! We do a bonfire every year, but this year will be quite a bit larger pile of wood.

Dee- Thanks for posting the pic!

Willie

KatHuss
12-29-2005, 11:24 AM
No, Willie, not me. Not including layovers at airports I have been to Texas once (conference in San Antonio back in the mid 80's) and driven across the panhandle once between St. Louis and LA. Are you kidding, I live in red-neck land Indiana like your buddy Lampy!

Did you have any major damage from Rita? My SIL has cousins that live in one of the suburbs south of New Orleans and they had minor damage from Katrina but have decided to stay there. We had a lot of trees down from our ice storm last January but we have pretty much burned all of ours already (the fireplace helps with the heating bills!!!). DH has to get more soon I think.

Before we moved we lived in a neighborhood where there were usually gunshots heard around midnight on New Years. Now we live in a neighborhood where fireworks are more likely than gunshots.

WMILLER86
12-29-2005, 12:09 PM
Did you have any major damage from Rita?

Before we moved we lived in a neighborhood where there were usually gunshots heard around midnight on New Years. Now we live in a neighborhood where fireworks are more likely than gunshots.

We have to get a new roof. Waiting for the contractor to get to our name on his list! Right now I have a blue roof.(tarps) You see blue roofs here everywhere coveringthe damage. When DD10 Erin did her gingerbread house, she made the roof blue on it. :rolleyes: But we were really lucky that no trees landed directly on our home. Some huge pecan trees fell right next to us, but just barely missed. We were without electricity for 22 days. I had a generator and small window unit AC, but those cold showers will be in my memory for a while.
The whole hurricane experience was pretty rough. I am an independent insurance agent, so I was busy with work along with my own damage problems. Luckily, the insurance companies I sell for did a fantastic job of paying claims very quickly and I did not get a single complaint from a customer. They brought in lots of extra claims adjusters. Some of the other insurance companies have treated their policy holders pretty badly in regards to the hurricane.

I live on 8 acres of land that is outside the city, so we hear gunshots around the house regularly.(hunters, etc) But it is nice at New Years because all of my friends bring their kids over to ride 4 wheelers and do fireworks.

Willie

WMILLER86
12-29-2005, 12:15 PM
Kat,

which suburbs south of New Orleans do your friends live in? I lived for a while in Belle Chasse and Gretna.
Still have family all over New Orleans and Missisippi. theu have their own hurricane stories!

W

DCLgodess
12-29-2005, 12:35 PM
i will be at a new years party with my boyfriend. It's at one of the doc's house. He loves arcade games. Has a REAL Indiana Jones pinball machine. So my family and my boyfriend are going. We go everyyear. It should be fun. Lots of drinking for the adults. I guess i am the designated driver for them.

KatHuss
12-29-2005, 01:33 PM
Willie, I don't know the name of the town they are in. I know it is south of the river but that's all I can tell you. DH and I were in NO last January and I am glad we got to go before so much was damaged.

We had a branch come through our roof during our ice storm last year. Poor DD had just walked into her room with her cousin and a friend when they heard a loud noise. A branch from a tree next door had fallen straight down through the roof and attic and into her room! It scared the daylights out of all three of the girls and it was all they could talk about for days. We had no power for a couple of days (thank god for generators) but SIL across the street went for a while more before she got power back. A branch had come down on the line from the street to her house and it loosened the ground line so when power came back on her entire house got 220 to everything! The TV started to smoke when she turned it on and a number of things were ruined as a result. She had to have the electricians fix the place where the line attached to the house then wait for the power co to come out and hook it back up for her. I know it is nothing compared to what you and others in your area went through but it was enough of that kind of excitement to last all of us for quite some time!

DCLgodess
12-29-2005, 01:41 PM
woo hoo! lots of excitement. Let's see, we had our boat that was in storage end up in our pool (thanks Floyd). Had our electrical system get gremlins (thanks lightning). Had a trailer fall over (a really big one) (thanks Floyd). Oh yeah, had a tornado come through in the middle of a rodeo with about 150 horses on the lot (thanks god for saving them all).

WMILLER86
12-29-2005, 01:51 PM
Mother Nature is a tricky old gal. I have always said that it does not matter where you live, there are dangers of the natural sort.

W

LAMPSKIES
12-29-2005, 02:34 PM
No, Willie, not me. Not including layovers at airports I have been to Texas once (conference in San Antonio back in the mid 80's) and driven across the panhandle once between St. Louis and LA. Are you kidding, I live in red-neck land Indiana like your buddy Lampy!

Hey Willie, maybe that's why WE get along soooo good.....we're both rednecks....just from different parts.....

LAMPSKIES
12-29-2005, 02:38 PM
O.K. Willie.....I have to "post" the TCD "epic" that shows what "good friends" we really are.....hope I don't scare anyone off! :rotfl2:

A few days ago, some hammer head started a thread called the best trip report thread ever. Hardly. We all know this is it.

Well, here goes the longest post for this thread-make sure that you read this all. No skimming.

OK Turkey Fans, as promised, here we go.

As you know, there are a few unsolved mysteries still floating around out there about our cruise. After much thought and careful analysis, I have been able to review all of the available evidence, and I believe that I have been able to patch together the facts that will answer those mysteries.

So, as all good detectives do, I will begin with a review of the undisputed facts. The following points are things that we know are absolutely true:

1. Dubbya and Lampy have taken multiple Disney Cruises together. They have also both booked the same cruise for next December.

2. Before the 11/19 sailing, Lampy and Dubbya met for a private rendezvous in Downtown Disney.

3. Lampy sometimes likes to dress like a lady (not that there is anything wrong with that-I am just stating the facts). Here is an example:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/lampskies/potluck05001.jpg

4. Dubbya, on the other hand, sometimes likes to dress like a trans-gendered rock star from the 80's ( I am also not saying that there is anything wrong with this-just making an objective observation). Here is an example of that:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid195/p07381a6b79fcf997948ca128d8983d2c/f141bb17.jpg

5. Instead of spending quality time with their DW’s on this cruise, Lampy and Dubbya spent a lot of time with each other. This even happened on the night of their REAS romantic turndown service.

6. Mrs. Lampy and Mrs. Dubbya were seen in the company of a very good looking man on several occasions on the cruise, here are some examples:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/arodnite/willie.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/arodnite/lampwillie.jpg

7. Before the Ron Bon Jovis performed on 80's night, Dubbya, Lampy, and a bunch of other men (no women) danced with each other to 80's classics from performers such as Boy George and Michael Jackson (again, nothing wrong with this, but it was a disturbing sight):

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid195/p6a65668635819055e7c0351302024ff8/f141bb0e.jpg

8. On one evening of the cruise, Lampy and Dubbya appeared at AP after everyone had just finished dinner with a bucket of beer. They claimed to have just finished dining at Palo. Their DW’s were no where to be seen. Lampy kept referring to Dubbya by the pet name “beer boy.”

9. Lampy portrayed the sailor in the 70's night performance of the Village People.

10. Both Lampy and Dubbya are surprisingly good dancers.

11. Dubbya and Lampy seemed to always be in the Quiet Cove hot tub together. Granted, there would occasionally be other people there too, but they seemed to be there together an awful lot.

12. One night, Dubbya and Lampy brought an inflatable male doll to dinner and had themselves photographed with it (now, there is something wrong with that!)

13. There allegedly was a wedding on Castaway Cay on Friday 11/25, but no one saw a bride or groom except for Dubbya and Lampy.

14. This decoration from the “wedding” depicts two grooms!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d46/Nevarre1/WeddingCake.jpg

Please take careful note of the fact that the shorter vegetable is wearing what appears to be a pink tu-tu, and a sailor hat (hmmm), and the taller vegetable is wearing a vest with no shirt (hmmmm again).

So what do we make of all this. Well, before you jump to any conclusions, let me share a few pieces of information that you may not be aware of :

1. We all know that Dubbya has posted his “Costa Maya Beach” photo of the lady in the thong bathing suit about 50 times (at least). But it wasn’t until I received this photo from Doogie that the truth about this photo was revealed:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/arodnite/wL.jpg

Now, I know that some of you skeptics might be saying that this is a doctored photograph, and it does look a little weird, but Doogie says it was just some kind of a pixel problem with his camera. The photo is real.

What you do not know about this photo is that it wasn’t taken on Costa Maya at all. It was really taken on the private beach at Castaway Cay. You see, I accidently happened upon this scene when I inadvertently went down this road when I got lost of the bike path:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/arodnite/cc6.jpg

When I got to the private beach, there was a sign there that said “Private-Commitment Ceremony Reception.” Commitment Ceremony? What is that? And, why were Dubbya and Lampy there?

2.. Late one night, on the ship, I was getting on the elevator, and Dubbya and Lampy came off of the elevator at the same time. They were wearing robes and had towels wrapped around their heads like women. They mentioned that they had just painted each other’s toe nails after having taken a long soak in the hot tub.

3. Dubbya and Lampy booked one of the new spa rooms for an “alone time” treatment. I don’t know much more about that, and I promised not to tell who told me.

So, Folks, there you have it. I think that you can draw your own conclusions from here. I don’t want to start any rumors or anything. I just wanted to clear the air by stating the facts.

TCD

KatHuss
12-29-2005, 03:21 PM
That's just wrong!

LAMPSKIES
12-29-2005, 03:23 PM
That's just wrong!

:rotfl2: I figured you'd all want to get to know us better........ :rotfl2:

WMILLER86
12-29-2005, 03:34 PM
Here we are trying to make a good first impression.......

Now y'all see what I have to put up with?

Lampy, answer me this.....Andrew is not sailing on the 10 day is he?

KatHuss
12-29-2005, 04:06 PM
I don't know, Willie, I think you got yourself into it!

LAMPSKIES
12-29-2005, 04:10 PM
I don't think he CAN resist! I think he has to try and regain his "Beast" title!

WMILLER86
12-29-2005, 05:11 PM
I don't know, Willie, I think you got yourself into it!

There is a logical explanation to every one of Andrews' charges.
Just because I missed "Romantic Turndown" , well actually I missed it two sailings in a row....But it was an accident! It was the cabin stewards fault!

On my first Disney cruise in 2004 I signed up DW and I for the "Romantic Escape at Sea" package that included romantic turndown. After our Palo dinner, DW went to the cabin to change and I went to Rockin Bar D. She found the romantic turndown, climbed into bed and went to sleep. I just figured she decided not to come to RBD. Well, everyone gave me heck about it on the DIS last year, so this year I marked my calendar for the date, so as not to miss it. Yep, right there on Tuesday night, after Palo dinner, I would be heading for "Romantic Turndown City!"
Well, the cabin attendant decided he would set it up on MONDAY night.
Here is a pic kelli took for me-

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid195/p0f463f3cb37c23b2b0890f1f4cf2aaef/f146c9e3.jpg

yep, I missed it. I was busy with the band down in RBD..........

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid195/pfe742307ae768303efd6d77549f92f10/f141b9a9.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid195/p5e1721d63339e20b210926971334d762/f141bb33.jpg

Then Andrew found out that I had run into a guy that went to high school with my DW Kelli. " HMMMMMM....... and one of Kelli's old HS boyfriends just happens to be onboard? So maybe the turndown didn't go to waste after all!"
And it all went downhill from there!

But you gotta admit, Ron looks pretty cute in that TUTU! Just needs a few electric razors.

W

DCLgodess
12-29-2005, 09:19 PM
wow. okay. that one post should be marked FOR YOUR EYES ONLY. not something i wanted to see. lol. Wow, i have no fun and exciting stories to share. Bummer.

KatHuss
12-30-2005, 04:49 AM
Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me. If I were Kelli I think I'd refuse to sign up for any more of them. That or not allow you to go to RBD without her!

dobelover
12-30-2005, 07:17 AM
Gee I missed some POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!! I had Nick and Emmy for a few days and now I am trying to catch up.

A walk on the beach Christmas Day sounds wonderful to me. Just have to wait for next year.

Sue

KatHuss
12-30-2005, 07:59 AM
Sue, yes it has been busy here. I think Lampy and Willie are trying to scare us away from the cruise so they will have the ship to themselves! Good luck, we have kids so we don't scare that easily!

Yes, a walk on the beach on Christmas day does sound wonderful! DH says he probably won't go to CC but I bet DD will want to play on the beach and swim so we will go down for a while but not all day.

DCLgodess
12-30-2005, 09:14 AM
They aren't going to scare me away. I would live on the ship if i could. Maybe one day i will design the computer systems that are on ships. (dream big)

KatHuss
12-30-2005, 09:29 AM
Hey Willie, how close are you to the fires? After the hurricanes this fall that would be all you'd need. Hope they aren't too close!

Our Hallmark store has their Christmas ornaments at 50% off right now. They had some cute Mickey ones left but I just don't have the $$ to buy them right now (trying to save extra $ for the cruise. I have been putting my pocket change in a bank and in just over a month I already have about $15 so if I keep up that will be some nice spending money in a year.). Maybe if they still have them in a few weeks they will reduce the price more. They had a great one from Fantasia and a patriotic Mickey. They had some Pooh and Tigger ones too but I am not really into Pooh. Oh well.

LAMPSKIES
12-30-2005, 09:34 AM
You all see Willie forgot to tell you how "it all started"....... :sunny: As you see Willie and I ARE dis geeks. We rebooked after our 04 sailing along with 3 or 4 other families.....as we "chatted" on the 11/05 turkeyday thread all the other disers "linked" their ressies to Willies and mine. I think it was 132 people.I have a "girlfriend" at WDW/DCL that got us the APL rotation etc......but somehow DCL put the Willie and Lampy family at one table....with the exception of MY DW and 1 DD...oooopppppppsssssssss!! DW still thinks I did it on purpose!! Day 1 for Lampy in the dog house! :rotfl2:

DCLgodess
12-30-2005, 09:42 AM
LEt's hope that we can get the seating right this time.

KatHuss
12-30-2005, 10:01 AM
Sounds to me like Willie and Lampy just wanted to ditch the wives! Maybe the wives should get together this time and ditch the men!!

DCLgodess
12-30-2005, 10:04 AM
what about the kids? Well i will be an adult in Disney's eyes. Will be 18!

LAMPSKIES
12-30-2005, 10:06 AM
Sounds to me like Willie and Lampy just wanted to ditch the wives! Maybe the wives should get together this time and ditch the men!!

:rotfl2: Hurt me, hurt me! :rotfl2: Just leave the credit card! :rotfl2:

KatHuss
12-30-2005, 12:00 PM
:rotfl2: Hurt me, hurt me! :rotfl2: Just leave the credit card! :rotfl2:

I don't know. I think that's up to your DW but if it were me I wouldn't let you have it!

DCLgodess
12-30-2005, 01:16 PM
okay what happened to working? Are you all allowed to be here at work? I wish my work had computers that i could get on the internet with. lol.

WMILLER86
12-30-2005, 01:41 PM
okay what happened to working? Are you all allowed to be here at work? I wish my work had computers that i could get on the internet with. lol.

One of the benefits of being self employed!

I peek in when I have a few minutes of quiet.

Kat, we are far from the wildfires, but just today we were put under a burn ban for the weekend. So, no more bonfire for us. :sad2:
We are going to just have a small campfire instead.

W

lmok
12-30-2005, 01:46 PM
Kelli,

If I were you I would use this to my advantage for a lOOOOONG time!

Lisa

KatHuss
12-30-2005, 02:06 PM
Work??? Ok, yeah, I am at work. But it is soooooooooooo slow that I am bored out of my mind.

ICEMANPAD
12-30-2005, 02:16 PM
We're at work too!! I finally had a few minutes to catch up on my disboard reading. Willie and Lampskie and their families are great travel mates!! We all met on the Turkey '04 cruise, rebooked for the Turkey '05 cruise and now we are booked for the 10 day '06 cruise!! It will be GREAT being away next december. A problem with living in South Florida (other than hurricanes)--everyone wants to visit this time of year!! Chuck's parents are in the middle of a 2 week stay and there are countless other northern friends and family that want to see us. It's great seeing everyone, but very tiring since we each have a full time job and a 6 year old son!!

We hope that everyone has a wonderful New Years Weekend!! Enjoy!! :cool1: :cool1:

Chuck and Lisa

DCLgodess
12-30-2005, 02:46 PM
well then...lol... you are all naughty workers. lol. I actually have to go do grunt work in an hour. stocking shelves. fun stuff. (barf)

WMILLER86
12-30-2005, 03:19 PM
Kelli,

If I were you I would use this to my advantage for a lOOOOONG time!

Lisa
Let's just don't get any ideas going, OK? Don't worry, she has plenty to use on me already!

W

WMILLER86
12-30-2005, 03:22 PM
Hey Chuck and Lisa,

I have some days off in a few weeks. How about I bring the family down for a visit? :cool1: We can stay in the guest room when you run off Chucks old man. :rotfl2:
Willie

LAMPSKIES
12-30-2005, 03:50 PM
Hey Chuck and Lisa,

I have some days off in a few weeks. How about I bring the family down for a visit? :cool1: We can stay in the guest room when you run off Chucks old man. :rotfl2:
Willie

:earseek: Party at Chuck and Lisas? :cool1: :banana:

As far as work :rotfl: All mine is internet based and it's easy to slip in and out!

ICEMANPAD
12-30-2005, 04:06 PM
Willie--it's not Chuck's dad that's the issue...it's his mom!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Lisa

LAMPSKIES
12-30-2005, 04:08 PM
O.K. Lisa.....let her read this thread then tell her WE are comming for the week....I bet she leaves! :rotfl2:

LAMPSKIES
12-30-2005, 04:10 PM
BTW all I just learned something.....I've been reading the "can I bring alcohol on board" thread and I see that DCL will DELIVER beer and cases of wine to your stateroom....at least that's what they claim to have had done..... :earseek:

ICEMANPAD
12-30-2005, 04:13 PM
Ron-You are too funny! :rotfl2: So true, if she ever saw the picture of you in the tutu, the Ron Bon Jovis or the thong picture--she would run away at full speed!! She does not know how to have fun!! In fact, we were showing her our cruise pix and she said "ok--you've been on the same cruise ship twice--aren't you bored?" Can you believe it!! In fact Mason (our 6 year old) responded "Grandma--next year we are going for 10 days instead of 7!!"
We trained him well!! :cool1: :cool1:

I MUCH rather have Willie and Lampskie et al visit than you know who!!

Lisa

LAMPSKIES
12-30-2005, 04:16 PM
Ahhhhhh now you know the reason we vacation at almost every holiday! :rotfl2:

LAMPSKIES
12-30-2005, 04:18 PM
O.K., after long days and nights of pondering and thinking....... :confused3 where should I post my 3000th? Well looks like we'll be spending some time together.....so for some of my pld and some of my new, look!!!

POST 3000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now who doesn't work? :rotfl2:

WMILLER86
12-30-2005, 04:50 PM
BTW all I just learned something.....I've been reading the "can I bring alcohol on board" thread and I see that DCL will DELIVER beer and cases of wine to your stateroom....at least that's what they claim to have had done..... :earseek:
Hey Ron, I got a couple of your favorite brews delivered once, but a CASE of wine? Were they having a party? Hmmmmm. Who is it on this cruise that has the suite? PARTY AT THE ROY SUITE! Bring the cases of wine! :rotfl2:

Or maybe at the Jon Paul "Bubba" Disney Suite? :smooth:

Have any of y'all ever stayed in that one? ;)

W

WMILLER86
12-30-2005, 04:52 PM

Ron, you need a life outside of the DIS.........

WMILLER86
12-30-2005, 05:05 PM
Can you imagine the excitement of getting a last minute upgrade? An upgrade to the Jon Paul "Bubba" Disney Suite?

On Friday, before our Thanksgiving cruise, this was the message that I left on fellow Dis'er TCD's answering machine-

"HELLO! This is Guillermo from the Disney Cruise Lines. This message is for the Rodnite Family sailing with us tomorrow on the Disney Magic. I am calling to give you the great news that you have been upgraded to a suite for this sailing!
Yes, that is correct. Your family will be sailing in the Jon Paul "Bubba" Disney Suite. Named after a lesser known cousin of Walt Disney, from Texas.

The only requirement for this upgrade is that you offer to buy beer for any of your friends onboard that are from TEXAS, for the duration of the cruise.
At check in, please tell customer service that you have been selected for this upgrade. thank you for sailing Disney Cruise Lines."

Thinking back, maybe this was what got him started making up stuff about me.

Happy New Year, Yall!

pclare
12-30-2005, 06:46 PM
Hello everyone, thought I should jump on in and come out of lurking. We too are booked on the holiday cruise next year.

Our info,
We are currently booked in 2 cat 5's (waiting for the upgrade fairy to send a few cat 3's our way... :rotfl:)
There are 6 of us traveling, dh, dh's mom, dd (16 when we travel :earseek: ) ds 12 and dd 7 and me!
This is our 2nd disney cruise with our first being the repositioning cruise from DL to WDW this Aug-Sept.

I am looking forward to reading this thread and getting caught up on whats going on.

Here's to a magical 2006
Pauline :wizard:

Denise Escola
12-30-2005, 07:14 PM
Welcome Pauline!!! Some of our friends were on the repo cruise as well. Richard and Alison. They'll be on this cruise as well although I can't get her to post.

Ok Willie and Lampy you guys are cute. Do you dress like that often?

New Years...quite one this year. The girls are up too early for me to get liquored up. We will get the girls in bed and take a jacuzzi. (God am I getting old?) I'm still hurting from my birthday celebration. Paul keeps letting me know things I did. Oh my.At least I didn't take my top off and dance on stage. :goodvibes

DCLgodess
12-30-2005, 09:21 PM
Pauline can you send your info to me @ estelmiire@gmail.com ? I am keeping the website for this cruise (found HERE (http://www.estel-miire.org/cruiselist)). thanks so much. won't be posting much 2morrow. Got a fun day planned with my boyfriend. I will take a picture and post it so you all can see my sweetie.

yargrnhoj
12-30-2005, 11:41 PM
Just adding my name to those cruising on the holiday cruise in 2006. Me (37), SWMBO (age withheld under fear for life), DS (12), DS (9) and DD (3). Haven't posted on DIS for a few years (since last cruise in 2002), but looking forward to sharing tips and meeting people in advance.

KatHuss
12-31-2005, 01:56 AM
yargrnhoj, what is your name? And what is a SWMBO?? I have never seen that one before!

Wow, looks like we are suddenly adding folks and still almost a year out! That will be a lot of folks to tie together for dining when it comes time. Willie, I think we will definitely want to link to your res since we are doing late dining as well and would love to sit with the rest of the folks from our board, no matter how strange. I'd rather hang out with the strange folk anyway, more fun than the "normal" ones!

Ugh, I cannot sleep so here I am at almost 3:00am EST on the DIS boards. I need to get a life, and some sleep! :confused3

DCLgodess
12-31-2005, 09:02 AM
i wish i could make a custom header for this thread so people would know to email me their info. Sometimes it get's lost on a page i don't get to read. hey i know! i will put it in my sig.

Denise Escola
12-31-2005, 10:33 AM
Hey all, Happy New Year!!!

I'm going away for a while...found out who stole my moms sterling, and my world is going to get a little non-fun for a while. Seems my brother needed some money. Now I have to be the person who puts him where he belongs and I have to see about my parents and their well being. My sister wants to put them in a home. I just can't stand that.

So you guys take care. See you on the other side.

cheers and have a good one,
lots of love, D

LAMPSKIES
12-31-2005, 10:38 AM
Ok Willie and Lampy you guys are cute. Do you dress like that often?

New Years...quite one this year. The girls are up too early for me to get liquored up. We will get the girls in bed and take a jacuzzi. (God am I getting old?) I'm still hurting from my birthday celebration. Paul keeps letting me know things I did. Oh my.At least I didn't take my top off and dance on stage. :goodvibes

Hey Willie, looks like we got us a "GOGO"! :earseek:

LAMPSKIES
12-31-2005, 10:39 AM
Just adding my name to those cruising on the holiday cruise in 2006. Me (37), SWMBO (age withheld under fear for life), DS (12), DS (9) and DD (3). Haven't posted on DIS for a few years (since last cruise in 2002), but looking forward to sharing tips and meeting people in advance.

Welcome.....good to see a fellow midwesterner!!!

magicalfam5
12-31-2005, 12:01 PM
Hi everyone! Welcome to the newest cruisers! My neighbors will also be on this cruise. They did the last 10 day with us also. I'm sure they will be great friends with Willy and Lampy. They really got to know the bartenders well on the last cruise. We kept teasing them that their bar tab would be more expensive than the cruise. I'm sooo excited, I finally snagged a XBOX 360 for my boys today at Target. They were supposed to get it for Christmas. The only things they had under the tree were a game and controller. It bothered me more than them though, they were thrilled to know that they would be getting one eventually.

Have a safe and Happy New Year everyone!

Judy

dee47
12-31-2005, 12:56 PM
Hey all, Happy New Year!!!

I'm going away for a while...found out who stole my moms sterling, and my world is going to get a little non-fun for a while. Seems my brother needed some money. Now I have to be the person who puts him where he belongs and I have to see about my parents and their well being. My sister wants to put them in a home. I just can't stand that.

So you guys take care. See you on the other side.

cheers and have a good one,
lots of love, D
:grouphug: :grouphug: Sending positive thoughts your way. Sounds like you're in a tough spot. I'm thinking of you.

KatHuss
12-31-2005, 03:43 PM
Welcome.....good to see a fellow midwesterner!!!

What am I then, chopped liver??? :P

Denise, I hope things get better, that sounds just awful. So sorry to hear about it.

Happy New Year's Eve everyone!

karylrocks
12-31-2005, 08:26 PM
Hi Everyone!

My New Year's resolution is to admit that we are actually planning to take this cruise and stop pretending it is "tentative", and start posting on this thread. A lot of you have been here for a year already, so just one more to go! We are Carol (me), Mike (DH), and Bryan (DS14) and this will be our first cruise. (The 20-something kids will be on their own for Christmas this time - probably going to DL with their sweeties since we are abandoning them.) Looking forward to getting together with some DISers, as we have never done that in all our trips to the parks.

Happy New Year!

DCLgodess
12-31-2005, 11:49 PM
Happy new years all who are in the eastern time zone. Oh well heck, i ain't stayin up to post every hour so happy new years to all. lol. I have to go drop my boyfriend off at his house. Pray the cops aren't out in full force. I hate check points. :badpc:

CoachMinnie
01-01-2006, 01:58 PM
Hello! I thought that I would join in on the fun! My family will also be on the 10 day! Myself, DH, and 3 DD ages 17, 13 and 9. Our oldest will be a senior next year and then she is off to play college basketball 5 states away from home, so we really want to make this special. We did a Disney Cruise in 2003 and loved it! I CONFESS, I am a disneyaholic! The girls are so excited about the Cruise that they don't even mind that just my DH and I are sneaking away in March for a quick fix to Disney World!! YEAH!!! I'm not sure that I could make it till December without a fix!!!

Looking forward to meeting everyone!!
CoachMinnie

wdwgoose
01-01-2006, 03:32 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR

WELCOME NEWBBIES JOIN THE FUN

AND ANOTHER MICHIGANDER

gaRry pirate: pirate:

DCLgodess
01-01-2006, 04:14 PM
garry call me sometime. Now would be good. I'm home. Call on the cell. Haven't heard from ya in a while. Think i need to make the sig message a bit bigger.

KatHuss
01-01-2006, 05:03 PM
Wow, lots of new people suddenly! Cool cool cool.

Welcome all. Definitely catch Jen's posts and send her your info so you can be added to our list!

videogal1
01-01-2006, 09:32 PM
O.K., after long days and nights of pondering and thinking....... :confused3 where should I post my 3000th? Well looks like we'll be spending some time together.....so for some of my pld and some of my new, look!!!

Big brags...Cash hit his 3001 post last night....

That's 3001 posts, 4300 trees, and several fire hydrants...You're WAY behind...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

yargrnhoj
01-01-2006, 10:52 PM
yargrnhoj, what is your name? And what is a SWMBO?? I have never seen that one before!

Wow, looks like we are suddenly adding folks and still almost a year out! That will be a lot of folks to tie together for dining when it comes time. Willie, I think we will definitely want to link to your res since we are doing late dining as well and would love to sit with the rest of the folks from our board, no matter how strange. I'd rather hang out with the strange folk anyway, more fun than the "normal" ones!

Ugh, I cannot sleep so here I am at almost 3:00am EST on the DIS boards. I need to get a life, and some sleep! :confused3

SWMBO == "She Who Must Be Obeyed"

magiroux
01-02-2006, 07:40 AM
Happy New Year Everyone!!! I wish everyone a happy and healthy one.

Welcome to all the new people joining in. The more the merrier.

Karylrocks, I was a little nervous about meeting up with DISers the first time, (DH still calls it the "cult" and he is not willing to learn the secret handshake :sad2: ) But I met some great friends on our cruise and now do DIS Meets in WDW and locally whenever I can.

"SWMBO"... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: , yargrnhoj, does that really work in your house. You must tell me your secret.

Well, packing up the Christmas stuff today. Was supposed to do it yesterday, but was feeling, um, let's just say, a little HUNG OVER.

dobelover
01-02-2006, 07:56 AM
Good Morning

Welcome to the new posters!

:wizard: good luck Denise :hug:

Sue

WMILLER86
01-02-2006, 08:49 AM
Willie, I think we will definitely want to link to your res since we are doing late dining as well and would love to sit with the rest of the folks from our board, no matter how strange. I'd rather hang out with the strange folk anyway, more fun than the "normal" ones!

I love brave people!

W

KatHuss
01-02-2006, 08:56 AM
I love brave people!

W

No, just adventurous. My DH says I a need more adventure in my life (hey, I married him, I thought that was adventure enough for one person but I guess not) so what the heck!

WMILLER86
01-02-2006, 08:58 AM
HOWDY! And welcome aboard to-

PCLARE, YARGRNHOJ, KARYLROCKS, and Coach Minnie!

Pauline- I also have a DD that will be 16 when we sail. She wants to start a teen thread for the cruise.

YARGRNHOJ , LMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ....What the heck is your name? I will never be able to type your DIS name correctly. Help out a slow typing brotha here, OK?

Coach Minnie-Glad to hear someone else has a DD that plays HS basketball. How are you guys working out the 10 crusie during the season? DD Hayley will most likely have a game the night before we sail, hence we are flying to MCO the day of the cruise. What position does your DD play? What college is she going to? (Lots of questions for ya huh?)

Willie

WMILLER86
01-02-2006, 09:04 AM
My neighbors will also be on this cruise. They did the last 10 day with us also. I'm sure they will be great friends with Willy and Lampy. They really got to know the bartenders well on the last cruise. We kept teasing them that their bar tab would be more expensive than the cruise.

Judy

Is your bar tab SUPPOSED to be less than your cruise???? :earseek: I had better tell DW Kelli this. She has a tendency to run my bar tab up.

Willie

DCLgodess
01-02-2006, 09:38 AM
my sis will be 15, but i will be 18. I won't be a Disney Teen anymore. :( oh well. Night clubs here I come! Oh and Palo's. I can't wait wait wait to eat there. New people email me! Look at my sig, it's really hard to miss. I have a hard time keeping track of people here. Emailing me is safer if you want your name on the list. Working on a few new pages for the site and a fanlisting (online listing of fans) for DCL. Will let you all know when they are done.

CoachMinnie
01-02-2006, 09:58 AM
Good Morning,

I am so happy to be a part of this cruise thread.

Wille-
We are fortunate in Michigan because our High School Girls Basketball Season runs from August through November, with State Finals being held the first weekend in December. They are looking to switch it so that it is the same as boys, December through March, but as of now we are still in the fall. My daughter plays a 1 or 2, i.e. either a point guard or a shooting guard. She is being recruited by a couple colleges in Michigan, but she is more interested in a college that is recruiting her out of South Carolina. Only 8 miles from Murtle Beach. She isn't to fond of the winter!! She will be thrilled to know that another gym rat will be on the cruise! She likes to hang out on the court!! What position does your daughter play? How old is she? Does she have any interest in playing college ball?

CoachMinnie

ICEMANPAD
01-02-2006, 11:50 AM
Hello and welcome aboard to all the new cruisers and Happy New Year to all!!

Where is Lampskie?? Has he not yet recovered from New Years Eve??

Guess where Chuck and I are today....yep---Work :guilty: :badpc:

Thanks to hurricane Wilma--today is a school day and work day in South Florida.

Hope ya'all are enjoying your holiday!!

Lisa

DCLgodess
01-02-2006, 12:54 PM
okay last cruise the DISers had matching shirts. I got one even though I wasn't a DISer. Long story there. Anyway, this year i've been thinking of a great design. I came up with this for the front logo (have to do the back yet).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/estelmiire/shirtfront1.gif

What do you all think? PM me you suggestions.

WMILLER86
01-02-2006, 12:59 PM
Good Morning,

I am so happy to be a part of this cruise thread.

Wille-
We are fortunate in Michigan because our High School Girls Basketball Season runs from August through November, with State Finals being held the first weekend in December. They are looking to switch it so that it is the same as boys, December through March, but as of now we are still in the fall. My daughter plays a 1 or 2, i.e. either a point guard or a shooting guard. She is being recruited by a couple colleges in Michigan, but she is more interested in a college that is recruiting her out of South Carolina. Only 8 miles from Murtle Beach. She isn't to fond of the winter!! She will be thrilled to know that another gym rat will be on the cruise! She likes to hang out on the court!! What position does your daughter play? How old is she? Does she have any interest in playing college ball?

CoachMinnie

DD Hayley will be 16 in September. She is a freshman this year on Junior Varsity. Next year she should be Varsity and the season runs from November til end of January. She should miss some practices, but no games while on the cruise. Maybe she and your DD can get some time on the court. Hayley plays post. (She is 5'10" and growing.) I don't know if she is interested in playing college ball or not. Her first love is soccer, but she is a little better at basketball, in my opinion.

Willie

DCLgodess
01-02-2006, 01:10 PM
i play no sports. It's sad. Unless you consider riding a sport. But you can go big with riding. I've made worlds 5 years in a row. My last trip was 3 years ago (after that both horses died). Placed in the top 10 in all my events the last 3 years. But i am a computer geek. Yes i'll admitt it. I would rather spend my day on the computer then outside doing anything else (except riding). So what do you think of my logo?

WMILLER86
01-02-2006, 01:31 PM
Jen, my DW Kelli did hunter jumper when she was in high school. She would agree that it is a sport.

W

WMILLER86
01-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Oh, yes, Lisa and Chuck, Miller Insurance Agency is open today, also. With a staff of ONE!

W

LAMPSKIES
01-02-2006, 01:38 PM
Hello and welcome aboard to all the new cruisers and Happy New Year to all!!

Where is Lampskie?? Has he not yet recovered from New Years Eve??

Guess where Chuck and I are today....yep---Work :guilty: :badpc:

Thanks to hurricane Wilma--today is a school day and work day in South Florida.

Hope ya'all are enjoying your holiday!!

Lisa

Have no fear Lampy IS here!!! :banana: Yes, we survived.....New Years eve we went to a neighbors party until 12:30 then headed up to the club house to finish off the new years eve celebration....I tink we got back around 3 a.m. Yesterday we had a shrimp and crab leg boil.....potatoes in a deep fryer then some sausage, then corn, then the jumb shrimp and crab legs......we covered a table with newspaper and dumped the mix out all over the table....we also had some steak and pork chops....just like Topsiders! :earseek:

P.S. Willie.....Tom Fargo from our 04 sailing told me to tell you "hey"! They sounded like they might want to sail..... :cool1:

LAMPSKIES
01-02-2006, 01:41 PM
Oh ya, our Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep dealer IS open today..

wdwgoose
01-02-2006, 01:44 PM
HAY ALL

j E n LOOKS GOOD

GLAD TOO SEE this thread is moving along :cool1: :cool1: :hourglass

now lets get the time moving

gaRry

WMILLER86
01-02-2006, 02:29 PM
Lampy, tell Tom that Willie says "Howdy!" He needs to sail again.

That shrimp boil sounds like what we do here with crawfish and shrimp in the late spring. Man, that is eating! Season those babies up with the red pepper!

W

DCLgodess
01-02-2006, 02:30 PM
here is the back. Its actually much bigger than this, but because of my free image hosting company, i had to shrink it a bit. Tell me what you think. I can add or delete anything without having to make a new picture.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/estelmiire/back1.jpg

P.S. just so you know, that image is about 30 different composite images that were blended together.

wdwgoose
01-02-2006, 02:39 PM
GREAT JOB JEN

I LIKE IT

gaRry

wdwgoose
01-02-2006, 02:42 PM
TOP TIME AGAIN

gaRry

DCLgodess
01-02-2006, 02:44 PM
posting this again.

here is the back . Its actually much bigger than this, but because of my free image hosting company, i had to shrink it a bit. Tell me what you think. I can add or delete anything without having to make a new picture.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/estelmiire/back1.jpg

P.S. just so you know, that image is about 30 different composite images that were blended together.

yargrnhoj
01-02-2006, 03:50 PM
[QUOTE=WMILLER86]HOWDY! And welcome aboard to-

YARGRNHOJ , LMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ....What the heck is your name? I will never be able to type your DIS name correctly. Help out a slow typing brotha here, OK?

My screen name is my real name, backwards. Most say that fits me perfectly. But you can call me "J. R" as my friends do, or use my wife's pet name for me, which is "Idiot".

ICEMANPAD
01-02-2006, 03:53 PM
Jen-I really like the shirt design!! It was great this past turkey day in the terminal w/ all of the matching Dis shirts!! Everyone thought that we were part of the same family. It was a very easy way to spot all of the Disers. Although at 6' 8", Chuck is always easy to spot in a crowd!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sorry Willie and Lampy that you are both working today too!! :badpc:

Lisa

yargrnhoj
01-02-2006, 03:59 PM
"SWMBO"... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: , yargrnhoj, does that really work in your house. You must tell me your secret.

Well, I am a notorious cheapskate, yet we are spending way too much money for a pair of staterooms (CAT 5 for me and the missus and CAT11 for the rugrats) for our 15th Wedding Anniversary celebration on-board the Magic, so that should tell you who runs the show around here.

KatHuss
01-02-2006, 04:04 PM
What color shirt are you thinking about, Jen? Not DIS Green I hope! I CANNOT wear that color. I doubt DH will wear one, he isn't into the matching clothing thing. Too bad for him.

No work for me today. Got the tree down last night and put it in the attic today, ran errands, finished the laundry. Now I am listening to the thunder outside. Thunder, in Indiana, in December. That is just wrong. What do you think, Ron? Are you getting this weird weather on the other side of the state today?

DCLgodess
01-02-2006, 04:09 PM
it will NOT be green. That just isn't working with any design i have. lol. It may be a blue or light yellow. It will be a pastel color. At least that's what i had in mind.

LAMPSKIES
01-02-2006, 04:15 PM
What color shirt are you thinking about, Jen? Not DIS Green I hope! I CANNOT wear that color. I doubt DH will wear one, he isn't into the matching clothing thing. Too bad for him.

No work for me today. Got the tree down last night and put it in the attic today, ran errands, finished the laundry. Now I am listening to the thunder outside. Thunder, in Indiana, in December. That is just wrong. What do you think, Ron? Are you getting this weird weather on the other side of the state today?

Yes, WIERD weather here on this side of the state. It rain so hard this morning I thought it was hailing! 52 degrees here though....not bad for January.....

LAMPSKIES
01-02-2006, 04:42 PM

Yes, WIERD weather here on this side of the state. It rain so hard this morning I thought it was hailing! 52 degrees here though....not bad for January.....

magicalfam5
01-02-2006, 04:53 PM
Jen, like the design. I'll definately get one this time. I didn't last time but wished that I did.

Very dark and gloomy day in Ohio. Raining on and off also. I'm ready for warmer weather. Unfortunately, that won't be here for a while. We had about 8 inches of snow last year at the end of April (and we had our pool open--took pictures of that).

Anyone know anything about elliptical machines? I'm determined to get one and get in some kind of shape by summer (sure, like that's possible!)

Judy

karylrocks
01-02-2006, 05:25 PM
I think the shirt would look best in white, but blue would also be nice, easier to spot at a glance. I agree about no green. I love the map showing all the ports!

magiroux
01-02-2006, 06:02 PM
The shirt looks great jEn...I sent you a pm.

Well, took all day to take everything down. I don't think I'll even get a tree next year. It's too much work. I threw a bunch of stuff out while I was putting it all up this year and still have 16 bins :earseek: of decorations to put away.

Thought I was getting away from the family next year, but noooooooooooooooo. New year's Eve Party, the In-Laws say they are going to St Lucia for a week. Maybe we'll be outa there by the time they arrive.

DCLgodess
01-02-2006, 07:05 PM
heard from the trainer about 5 minutes ago. He says Boo's acting horrible. He can barely ride her around without her acting up. He's going to giver her another week to straighten up and then let me know if he thinks she's worth spending more money on. If he says she's hopeless, then it's time for Boo to be a mom. I will most likely get one of heir horses then. I'll still keep Boo, I'll just breed her.

ICEMANPAD
01-02-2006, 07:07 PM
Jen-Please...not a pastel color for the shirts!! Neither Chuck or Mason will wear a pastel shirt. Actually, the Dis Green made quite a statement over Thanksgiving!! If not green, then I would suggest a bright color so that we can spot each other--bright yellow or bright blue is fine.

Lisa

DCLgodess
01-02-2006, 07:10 PM
it was just a suggestion.

KatHuss
01-02-2006, 07:13 PM
White would be good. No yellow, another color that looks horrible on many people, me included. I personally love bright blue but that might not show all the detail. How about bright red? That would be Christmas-y as well as bright enough to spot.

As we were putting stuff in the attic this afternoon I found myself debating not having a big tree next year, just a little one that we usually put in the front window. Don't know how that would go over with the DD, though.

It was close to 60 here today, Ron. And gray all day for the past two days. I think we are going to have another Indiana monsoon winter rather than a snowy one unless things change drastically. My first winter here (1989/1990) was like that. I moved in just before New Years in the pouring rain. Ugh.

wdwgoose
01-02-2006, 07:34 PM
WELL A VERY MUDDIE DAY HERE

left the horses in all day

j E n are you doing GOLF shirts TOO

I'll be sendind that box to you in the mornin, just need that address again???? :rotfl2: :confused3 :confused3 :guilty: :rolleyes:

YOU KNOW ME ????????????? :moped: :moped:

THANK YOU :love2:

GOOD NIGHT ALL

gaRry :wave:

dobelover
01-02-2006, 07:43 PM
Hi gaRry!!!

Jen - I love your design. Great job. Thank you.

Sue

wdwgoose
01-02-2006, 07:57 PM
HAY s U e

are you dry ??????????

S N O W will be coming your WAY

HURRY leave this week for the SOUTH

j E n you got MAIL

I have too find who was on the 3 day WONDER CRUISE

and the 7 DAY MAGIC CRUISE ??????

I have the pictures of them sailing away.....

ALSO 1 of them had the dolphins SWIMMING as they left PORT.

WOULD SOMEONE EMAIL ME THAT WAS ON the ships then

12 - 10 - 05

12 - 8 - 05

I THINK ?????

gaRry

DCLgodess
01-02-2006, 08:08 PM
hey all. I'm going to go on a hiatus for a while. I've got to figure out what school I'm going to go to and what I'm going to do with my horse. If you want to talk to me, email me or call. I'm just in a depressed state right now. It's like hearing that one of your kids died. Boo is like my baby, and she may be nothing better than breeding stock. I just feel that my crummy mood shouldn't be rubbed off here, so I will post when I know what's happening with her and such. TTFN.

dobelover
01-03-2006, 05:58 AM
Good Morning - gaRry, no snow just gray and rainy DON'T SEND ME ANY SNOW.

Did you get a chance to check out the Ron Jon Resort, near the jetty? I made reservations for the 27th, not leaving til the 26.

Sue

wdwgoose
01-03-2006, 10:19 AM
j E n
I understand

I hope she settles down and does good for you, if I can help let me know???

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

gaRry

WMILLER86
01-03-2006, 10:51 AM
First, I have to admit that lime green is one of my favorite colors. (But I will buy shirts in whatever color we go with.) I probably have 10 lime green T and polo shirts already!
The bright DIS lime green on so many people was really cool, though. You could spot DIS people very easily. It made it easier to talk to someone if they had the same shirt on as you!
Everyone was asking what the "DIS Board" was. When you would tell them, they would get this look and go "Man, I could have used that site while planning my cruise!"

There are T shirts that the DIS Boards sells that are lime green at the DISshop. Go to the site below to see them.

http://www.disshop.com/store.asp

Here is an idea- With it being a 10 day cruise, more than one T- shirt might be an idea. I imagine we will have several DIS meets. Can't wear the same shirt to everything.
But if we go with just one, bright red would be a good solution. We still have lots of time to decide. Some people won't wear shirts that match everyone else, no matter what color they are. You may have already guessed that looking cool is not high on my list. So I will wear just about anything.

Willie

LAMPSKIES
01-03-2006, 10:58 AM
First, I have to admit that lime green is one of my favorite colors. (But I will buy shirts in whatever color we go with.) I probably have 10 lime green T and polo shirts already!
The bright DIS lime green on so many people was really cool, though. You could spot DIS people very easily. It made it easier to talk to someone if they had the same shirt on as you!
Everyone was asking what the "DIS Board" was. When you would tell them, they would get this look and go "Man, I could have used that site while planning my cruise!"

There are T shirts that the DIS Boards sells that are lime green at the DISshop. Go to the site below to see them.

http://www.disshop.com/store.asp

Here is an idea- With it being a 10 day cruise, more than one T- shirt might be an idea. I imagine we will have several DIS meets. Can't wear the same shirt to everything.
But if we go with just one, bright red would be a good solution. We still have lots of time to decide. Some people won't wear shirts that match everyone else, no matter what color they are. You may have already guessed that looking cool is not high on my list. So I will wear just about anything.

Willie

You trying to get me divorced Willie? :rotfl2: But X-mas colors could be a theme!

WMILLER86
01-03-2006, 11:55 AM
You trying to get me divorced Willie? :rotfl2: But X-mas colors could be a theme!
You do a good enough job without me!

Yeah, Kim was NOT wearing anything DIS!

W