PDA

View Full Version : I have the funniest PP Picture EVER!!! Posted the Pic! 12/09 P/T Report

WelovMickey!
06-18-2009, 12:21 PM

But you can't see it now :rolleyes:...

I have to pull you in, get you wanting and waiting to see this picture:goodvibes

How else am I going to get people to read my pre-trip report! Since this my first pre-trip report.

But I promise I won't make you wait too long, some people have seen it. I was in a PhotoPass share last year and they saw it:lmao: (If you had me in your share last year you know what I am talking about.)

Anyhoo let's get to some details shall we?

Cast Members: Me, Ingrid, SAHM, Kaplan University student and mother of 3 and a Disney fan since I was wee little. I was a navy brat and we lived in Orlando for a while and I can remember going to Disney World a lot. We moved when I was 8 to Charleston, SC so I did not go back until I had kids of my own. Our first trip as a family was in 2007. I fell in love and we have been going every year since.
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd161/Ingrid3a/disney08289.jpg

Matthew, husband, construction worker, daddy of 3. He never went to Disney as a kid :eek: poor baby. His first trip was 2007 and he loves Disney now. Not as much as I do but I can complain. He does do things just to get on my nerves. Like last year he would not shave his face just to bug me. I told him we had a photopass cd please shave and what did he do...let's look at one of last year's picture and no this is not the funniest photo I want you to see!
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd161/Ingrid3a/disneyworld2008144.jpg
YUCK! Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my husband but he did this because he knew it BUGGED me. So I can say EEEEWWWW he is sooo much more handsome with a shaved face. He promised this year he would shave! :laughing:

Alyssa, daughter, smart, proud bookworm, loves the villains and Belle, awesome bigger sister and fav ride is TT:scared1:
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd161/Ingrid3a/disneyworld2008055.jpg

Tara, daughter, princess/cowgirl, loves school (cries when it's summer:rotfl:), loves Jesse and Minnie, awesome middle sister and fav ride It's A Small World :hug:
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd161/Ingrid3a/disney081762.jpg

Bradley, son (the other man in my life:lovestruc), funny, caring, loves Mickey, blessed with autism and fav ride is I think The Magic Carpets (it's the only ride he didn't freak out in last year:laughing:) This is our first time going since his diagnose...so I need tips for the moms who have been down this path before. Oh and he has been to Disney every year of his life :) He will be three in July.
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd161/Ingrid3a/disney08404-1-1.jpg

Missing in action: :sad1:Gamma, best mom and grandma in the world! Loves Disney as much as I do. Has been with us every year but sadly this year she won't be with us.:sad2: Hubby wants it to be just us this year. I told him it's going to be hard. Gamma was always there to take the kids back for a nap if needed and we could actually get a date night when she was with us. I don't know what he's thinking........................so here is our happy family last year together:cloud9:
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd161/Ingrid3a/disneyworld2008133.jpg

Ok so that is it for now, I have let the kids run around and go crazy long enough:dance3: I hope you will join me in this wonderful adventure and I will post some details of the trip later.....................:cheer2::banana:

WelovMickey!
06-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Alrightly people I won't post the picture unless I get some readers that post that there reading! :idea: I am usually a lurker but for my PTR you can't, it's my party and I'll make you read if I want too. Please:love2:

Well we will be having lots of firsts this year.
1.) First Christmas Trip:santa:
2.) First DVC Trip:banana:
3.) First Time Without Gamma:sad1: UPDATE POST 26
4.) First Time On The Quick Service Dinning Plan

This year we became DVC members!! BLT is our home resort :worship:

Our Dates: Update post 26
Transportation: We will be driving 6-7 hours

Split stay: Update post 26

Dining: Quick Service Dining Plan (more about that later)

Extras: Maybe MVMCP I haven't decided about this yet. I am not sure if I want to spent the extra $$, Golf day for hubby, and I am trying to think of something special for the kids. I think maybe the pirate cruise for the girls and the new Pirates League for Bradley.

Tickets: I haven't purchased these yet:eek: I have half the money saved. We will be getting 7 days, park hopper.

That's all I can think of now...any ideas please post away:rolleyes1

Tinkerbella001
06-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Okay, okay! I'm reading! I am taking my *Brand New twins (they're foster children) to Disney in September. They have significant developmental delays. How does your DS do, overall? I took them to ChuckECheese last weekend...I know it in no way compares, but I figured if a big, hairy RAT didn't freak them out, neither would an adorable mouse, lol! They did great and loved getting hugs from him. Yeah!! :cheer2:

WelovMickey!
06-18-2009, 05:20 PM
Okay, okay! I'm reading! I am taking my *Brand New twins (they're foster children) to Disney in September. They have significant developmental delays. How does your DS do, overall? I took them to ChuckECheese last weekend...I know it in no way compares, but I figured if a big, hairy RAT didn't freak them out, neither would an adorable mouse, lol! They did great and loved getting hugs from him. Yeah!! :cheer2:

Yaa! :banana: a reader! Thanks!

:welcome:

First of all September is a great time to come. The crowds are low and it is warm to swim. My son did well. He said in his stroller most of the time. He was scared of the characters but he would give them a high five. He did not want to hug them. But I think that this year he will do better this year. He loved the easter bunny, hugged and kissed him. He knows the characters better this year too. He gets so excited when he sees Mickey on the tv or computer.
But here is a warning if you are planning to go to the AK you may want to stay away from Its a bug's life. It is pretty scary for little ones, lots of screaming, huge spiders coming down from the wall and bug's flying at you. We did this on our first day and I think it ruined the rest of the week for him. He was scared to get on the dark rides.

Disneychix
06-18-2009, 08:31 PM
I'm here :)
Your family is very cute! Your DH makes me laugh. He just looks so much hotter than the rest of you with that beard!!

Can't wait to read more!

BTW: we tried the QSDP in March and loved it. It was a ton of food and so much easier than dining TS meals with kids!

WelovMickey!
06-19-2009, 05:44 AM
I'm here :)
Your family is very cute! Your DH makes me laugh. He just looks so much hotter than the rest of you with that beard!!

Can't wait to read more!

BTW: we tried the QSDP in March and loved it. It was a ton of food and so much easier than dining TS meals with kids!

Yaa! Another Reader!! :banana::welcome:

LOL! I know and he was. He is so stubborn sometimes...but I love him:rotfl:

We did the free dining plan last year and we loved it but we were just as filled with the counter service meals and I felt like we were at the mercy of our ADR. We were eating when we were still full from the last meal. Plus I am on edge with my son in the restaurants. I had to leave early with him and let the rest of the family eat while we walked outside. So the QSDP is right for us.

And your son is such CUTIE!

WelovMickey!
06-19-2009, 08:20 AM
Alrighty I am going to post the funniest photopass ever :lmao: I do have permission to post this picture since your probably going to be laughing at my mom, God love her! This was the only time she took her hat off in the trip for pictures I think. I have been telling for years not to wear a fanny pack, after this picture she said I am never going to wear a fanny pack again!! :rotfl2: She also showed her friends at work and they almost peed their pants. So with out further to do...
First I will give you a normal picture to give you the full affect:goodvibes (annoyed yet..hehe)
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd161/Ingrid3a/disneyworld2008011.jpg
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd161/Ingrid3a/disneyworld2008007.jpg
It was windy that day, can't you tell:rotfl: When my dd Tara saw this she said "Oh mommy did the Yeti scare Gamma." She sounded so sweet and concerned for her Gamma!:laughing:

Now there is more to come, don't leave me now!!

WelovMickey!
06-19-2009, 08:46 AM
I found this cool gas calculator that goes with the make and model of your car.

For a round-trip from Charleston, SC to Orlando FL is 87.00 I find that hard to believe but we will find out when the time comes.

Here is the link. Try it out. Do you think that it is accurate.
http://www.fuelcostcalculator.com/

Tinkerbella001
06-19-2009, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the link! We'll be driving to WDW from Missouri. It says a one-way trip is 1210 miles, will use 67 gallons of gas and cost $172.89. It has figured the gas at 2.58/gallon- hopefully by then it will drop lower!!

Love your pics! Keep 'em coming!

Vallie
06-19-2009, 11:11 AM
hello! im here!

great tr so far! cant wait to read more!
that pic was priceless!! hehe

your kids are adorible!!!

and trust me i hear u on the no shaving being annoying. DBF does that too sometimes and i HATE it! he doesnt get that scruffy tho.. i think id faint if he did lol

Beka
06-19-2009, 12:12 PM
I'm here! I'm reading (anything to distract me from nursing school!) Looks like we might be neighbors!

KathyRN137
06-19-2009, 02:31 PM
The best way to get readers is to read (and post!!)

I noticed your TR title yesterday in it's abbreviated form... it got my attention right away...

"I've got the funniest PP..." :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Your mom is a good sport, for sure!

:grouphug: on the autism challenges... Billy made his first trip to WDW when he was five and we just fell in love with it, too! The WDW company is very committed to making "the World" accessable to families with disabilities.

We're also DVC members (SSR) and thrilled to be working our way through all the DVC resorts!! We've stayed at OKW twice and really really loved it! (But we love to try new resorts!)

So glad to meet you and please PM me any time if you just want to "talk!"

Kathy

Disneychix
06-19-2009, 02:40 PM
That's great that your DM let you post that picture!! What a good sport! Amazing that her little hat was holding all that in! :rotfl:

WelovMickey!
06-19-2009, 09:33 PM
hello! im here!

great tr so far! cant wait to read more!
that pic was priceless!! hehe

your kids are adorible!!!

and trust me i hear u on the no shaving being annoying. DBF does that too sometimes and i HATE it! he doesnt get that scruffy tho.. i think id faint if he did lol

Hello! :welcome: I let my mom read the PTR tonight and she thought it was FUNNY:rotfl: I'll be over to read some more of your PTR!
I'm here! I'm reading (anything to distract me from nursing school!) Looks like we might be neighbors!

Hi! :welcome: Yep! We are neighbors:) I went to your PTR too and saw that you visited here. The bridge is pretty isn't it? I get nerves driving over it. I don't like driving on it cause it looks there is nothing holding it up in the middle (NO BEAMS! :scared1: )Just wire...well I call it wire. Well it's great to have you here and your son is precious!
The best way to get readers is to read (and post!!)

I noticed your TR title yesterday in it's abbreviated form... it got my attention right away...

"I've got the funniest PP..." :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Your mom is a good sport, for sure!

:grouphug: on the autism challenges... Billy made his first trip to WDW when he was five and we just fell in love with it, too! The WDW company is very committed to making "the World" accessable to families with disabilities.

We're also DVC members (SSR) and thrilled to be working our way through all the DVC resorts!! We've stayed at OKW twice and really really loved it! (But we love to try new resorts!)

So glad to meet you and please PM me any time if you just want to "talk!"

Kathy

:rotfl2: That's funny Kathy I did not even catch that, PP!! :rotfl2:
:hug: Thank you for the hugs. I love to find moms with children like ours. I feel a bond with them right away. :grouphug:
I do have a question. Do you take headphones for your son for the fireworks and music. I think if Bradley had some he could enjoy it better instead of getting scared. If you do, do you recommend any? I like at Walmart tonight but I thought I would ask you first.
That's great that your DM let you post that picture!! What a good sport! Amazing that her little hat was holding all that in! :rotfl:

She loved the PTR so far. She really laughed about the little hat thing you said! :rotfl:

Beka
06-20-2009, 05:31 AM
Hi! :welcome: Yep! We are neighbors:) I went to your PTR too and saw that you visited here. The bridge is pretty isn't it? I get nerves driving over it. I don't like driving on it cause it looks there is nothing holding it up in the middle (NO BEAMS! :scared1: )Just wire...well I call it wire. Well it's great to have you here and your son is precious!

I told DH if we ever leave MB, we're heading down there! I am *dying* to eat a Jestine's Kitchen - have you been before?

My poor poor PTR. It's so neglected. But between school & my family, I don't have tons of time for updating it.

Love the pic of your DM's hair! :laughing:

MomofCKJ
06-20-2009, 06:52 AM
Hi! Just found you and man that is one funny PP picture! LOL! Your poor Mom! She has hair like Kramer from Seinfeld in that picture! Made me giggle, great way to start a Saturday morning! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to tagging along your PTR. I also have 3 kids, 2 girls (11 and 9) and a boy (6)!

Allyson

KathyRN137
06-20-2009, 07:44 AM
:hug: Thank you for the hugs. I love to find moms with children like ours. I feel a bond with them right away. :grouphug: I do have a question. Do you take headphones for your son for the fireworks and music. I think if Bradley had some he could enjoy it better instead of getting scared. If you do, do you recommend any?

We definitely do better when Billy uses something to muffle loud noises at WDW! We never tried headphones... although we do see some kids using them.

He uses squishy ear plugs and they really help! :thumbsup2 They are also much easier to carry around since they come in a little plastic container you can attach to a key chain or one of those key chain bobs in your bag.

(I use them too on "loud" rides like Dinosaur!)

Bottom line is: try both ahead of time and see which one Bradley tolerates best!

There is an excellent guidebook that discusses many issues faced by ASD families that I recommend. PassPorter's Open Mouse for Walt Disney World and the Disney Cruise Line, by Deb Wills and Debra Martin Koma. It is available at bookstores or you can order it directly at

http://www.passporter.com/wdw/openmouse/guidebook.asp

I think you would enjoy it!

Kathy

mdsouth
06-20-2009, 09:04 AM
Hi, I just stumbled upon this report this morning. The photo was a hoot! Your mother and husband must be good sports to allow you to post if for all the world to see! Or are they unaware?

I, too, have a child on the autism spectrum. My DS has Asperger's Syndrome. He is 12. His main focus is geography (maps, interstates, etc) so that really comes in handy with all the road trips we go on! He is our human GPS. We don't have or need a mechanical GPS. He has some difficulties with loud sounds (this has lessened as he has grown older). The headphones or earplugs for loud rides and fireworks are a great idea.

My DD just finished kindergarten this year. She had some attention difficulties, social difficulties, and even fine motor difficulties. So, we recently had her evaluated by my DS's developmental pediatrician. He says that she has some autism tendies (it does run in families) but it also might just be due to extreme low iron levels and shyness. Of course, some of her social development, etc. has been influenced by my DS, so that might be the case too. So, for now, we are increasing her iron levels and will watch her development closely next school year. When she was younger she had difficulties with loud noises.

We are heading back to WDW for a second family trip in six days! :yay:
I can't believe it! There is a link to my pre-trip report in my signature and I will follow up with a trip report upon my return.

It definitely is a small world!
I just love Charleston! :lovestruc My father grew up in Grays, SC (between Charleston and Savannah). We spent two weeks every summer in SC while I was growing up. My brother and his family live in Lynchburg, SC (close to Florence). So, I have been back to SC numerous times as an adult. In fact, the last two summers, we spent our vacation time at Myrtle Beach (Pawley's Island) with my brother and his family.

Oh, and our husband's have the same sense of humor. My DH 'shaved" his beard into a Foo-Man-Choo look too for fun. I, too, prefer the clean shaven look. I keep telling him the clean shaven look makes him look at least ten years younger than when he has a beard. For now, he typically is clean shaven or has a few days growth on him.

WelovMickey!
06-21-2009, 08:11 PM
http://www.wdwautism.com/

I found this really cool website yesterday. I hope someone can use it. I know I will! They just started it. So I would like to get the word out about it. :goodvibes

WelovMickey!
07-02-2009, 08:20 AM
Hello!

I have not forgotten about my beloved PTR:flower3: I have been busy. I started a new term in school. I bought some goodies for our trip. I will post those later. This weekend we will be having a family cook-out and will be celeabrating our son's 3rd b-day :cool1:
He will start school part time in a few weeks.:sad: I am nervous a bit because he can't tell me if someone was mean to him.
Well I just wanted to let ya know I am here and will post some new stuff soon.

I think I have 4 months and some days left:dance3::banana:I gotta check my ticker! Poo, I have 3 more days till 4 months

LOVEMY3KIDDOS
07-08-2009, 11:48 AM
Yay!! I have been looking for someone that is making a PTR for December!! We are going Dec 2-10 and doing a split stay also! I wanted to follow along with someone else going at the same time! I plan to start my PTR next week or so. I will follow yours as I do mine. I think it helps get through the anticipation! When I get it going, I'll put the link in my siggie and you can follow mine too! We go through the aggony of waiting together! Can't wait to hear more!

WelovMickey!
07-25-2009, 02:34 PM
Yay!! I have been looking for someone that is making a PTR for December!! We are going Dec 2-10 and doing a split stay also! I wanted to follow along with someone else going at the same time! I plan to start my PTR next week or so. I will follow yours as I do mine. I think it helps get through the anticipation! When I get it going, I'll put the link in my siggie and you can follow mine too! We go through the aggony of waiting together! Can't wait to hear more!

AWESOME! I can't wait for you to get started! I am waiting till we have the tickets payed for before I update again. :banana:

emh1129
07-26-2009, 11:03 AM
Hello!

He will start school part time in a few weeks.:sad: I am nervous a bit because he can't tell me if someone was mean to him.
Well I just wanted to let ya know I am here and will post some new stuff soon.

I think I have 4 months and some days left:dance3::banana:I gotta check my ticker! Poo, I have 3 more days till 4 months

I understand that concern all too well. My ds is now 7 and has autism. He sometimes just doesn't realize when kids are being mean to him and it just breaks my heart as a mom.
He can communicate with me just fine now but he just doesn't see the 'bad' in people. While that can be a great thing sometimes, it also makes him vulnerable.
We homeschool now, but I can relate to what you are feeling- when I sent him to preschool at 3.5, I was feeling the same thing.
For headphones- we love the Peltor ones. We bought them at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Peltor-90554-Junior-Earmuff-Blue/dp/B001ET5XAI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1248624099&sr=8-1

nateryan
09-07-2009, 08:45 AM
I just found your PTR from your post on timandlesely's TR. I am so curious about your itinerary and crowds as we may go around that time next year. I have been in early december before but it was several years ago. I do love that time of year - bring sweatshirts. =) Thanks for posting the pic! Too funny about her hair. Oh, I love your jewelry!!!

WelovMickey!
09-11-2009, 05:14 AM
I just found your PTR from your post on timandlesely's TR. I am so curious about your itinerary and crowds as we may go around that time next year. I have been in early december before but it was several years ago. I do love that time of year - bring sweatshirts. =) Thanks for posting the pic! Too funny about her hair. Oh, I love your jewelry!!!

Thank you! I been neglecting this PTR but its less then 90 days away and I am ready for some updates!!

WelovMickey!
09-11-2009, 05:38 AM
Good Morning!

Well you know with time things change and so did my Christmas trip! I have been neglecting this poor PTR but I am so ready for some updates. I have some Big changes. I will list them in order.

1.) My husband got laid off.:headache:

2.) I was going to cancel our trip.:headache::headache:

3.) I decided that I can shorten our trip. NO LAY OFF IS GOING TO STOP ME FROM DISNEY! :laughing:

4.) We are now going 12/9-12/15 5 days at Bay Lake Tower:lovestruc 2 days at Old Key West.

5.) My husband got a JOB!:cool1:

6.) Since my husband just got a job so he can't get the time off. Soooooo
that means my mom is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!:banana::banana::banana:

Ya I am so excited!! I love my mom and we share the same passion for Disney. In fact she it there right now! She has had a fabulous trip! No waits for anything. She comes back Saturday.
Okay so my hubby can't go but it's okay because we already have a trip booked for July at our home! Bay Lake Tower!!

So those are my updates:) I am going to work on my itinerary today since the hours are out.

I will post pictures of the goodie bags stuff I got when the kids are off at school.
I hope you are still with even though it has been awhile.
Have a magical day!!

debraW76
09-11-2009, 01:43 PM
Hi. Saw you over on the fokker watch thread and just had to check out your TR. What a great start.

Subbing.
:surfweb:

mrsksomeday
09-11-2009, 06:07 PM
I also saw you on the Focker thread and came over.

WDW is fantastic with persons with disabilities. My dbf has Cerebral Palsy and is in a power wheelchair and we have a wonderful time when we go to Disney. He has worked with children with Autism and we have a special place in our hearts for them. Your family is beautiful. It is wonderful that you can share you love of Disney with your mom. I can't wait to read more about your trip!

WelovMickey!
09-14-2009, 07:06 AM
Hi. Saw you over on the fokker watch thread and just had to check out your TR. What a great start.

Subbing.
:surfweb:

:welcome: Thanks for coming over! Everyone has been so welcoming over there. I love the idea of the Focker watch. Can't wait to use it!

I also saw you on the Focker thread and came over.

WDW is fantastic with persons with disabilities. My dbf has Cerebral Palsy and is in a power wheelchair and we have a wonderful time when we go to Disney. He has worked with children with Autism and we have a special place in our hearts for them. Your family is beautiful. It is wonderful that you can share you love of Disney with your mom. I can't wait to read more about your trip!

:welcome: Hello! Yes I love my mom. She is my best friend. Only me and her really get Disney. We have taken the men before but they whine to much. :rotfl: They just don't get Disney. My husband has told me three trips now he will be better. We will see, we go in June for 12 days!! :banana:

I understand that concern all too well. My ds is now 7 and has autism. He sometimes just doesn't realize when kids are being mean to him and it just breaks my heart as a mom.
He can communicate with me just fine now but he just doesn't see the 'bad' in people. While that can be a great thing sometimes, it also makes him vulnerable.
We homeschool now, but I can relate to what you are feeling- when I sent him to preschool at 3.5, I was feeling the same thing.
http://www.amazon.com/Peltor-90554-Junior-Earmuff-Blue/dp/B001ET5XAI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1248624099&sr=8-1

Thanks for the link. Our trip is getting so closer now. I need to get busy! I want to make him a picture book of all the attractions. Pictures really help him. But I have an update about school. He loves it. He is really happy when he gets off the bus. The only thing that really bothers me is that they start school so early! He is on the bus at 6:10am in the morning:scared1: Its so early for him and he is NOT a happy camper getting on that bus.

:welcome: Thank you for coming over! I am going to post my days today. I have a system down. I have gotten tips from all the great websites so I hope they work.
I got my jewelry from ANIMAL KINGDOM!! That's why you love it!:lovestruc
It was not that expensive too!!

WelovMickey!
09-14-2009, 07:29 AM
Okay here is my itinerary of days and what parks.

12/9 Arrival Day Wed.
Magic Kingdom
If we are there early enough I want to get Spectomagic and Wishes out of the way, since they are not showing every night. The trip will only feel complete if I see these two with my kiddos.
(Also the Pop Warner party is at DHS this night)

12/10 My B-day! Thrus.
Animal Kingdom

12/11 Fri.
DHS
No Fantasmic but that is okay cause I really want Bradley to see Osborne Lights. He LOVES flashing lights.

12/12 Sat.
Epcot

12/13 Sun.
Magic Kingdom and Move day. Bye-Bye BLT :sad1:and Hello OKW;)

12/14 Mon.
Grab bag day. It's up the air of which park we want to do again. Probably Magic Kingdom.

12/15 Tues.
Go home day:sad1::sad1::confused3

Dining Plans Next :thumbsup2

mousescrapper
09-14-2009, 10:44 AM
Hi Ingrid :wave:

Your PTR caught my eye, 1) because we are new BLT/DVC members too and our first trip "home" will be next yr November to celebrate two of my DD's b-days and Thanksgiving and 2) my DS Michael is blessed w/ Autism too :hug: (HFA-Aspergers and ADHD, he is now 10 and was officially diagnosed at age 7, but looking back had difficulity from 2 1/2 forward, we just didn't know)

So I'm on board to join you popcorn::

Next I agree w/ the poster below about the headphones, Michael uses the same kind, he pretty much wears them the whole trip to cut down on all noise and especially for the fireworks and Spectro.

next,

sorry your DH lost his job, but so thankful he has a new one and that you can still go on this trip and that your Mom can go w/ to help :cloud9:

:lmao: cracking up over the picture of your poor Mom, what a great sport she was!

feel free to PM (like KathyRN said, btw she is WONDERFUL!) anytime!

Scrappie (J-)

WelovMickey!
09-14-2009, 04:40 PM
Hi Ingrid :wave:

Your PTR caught my eye, 1) because we are new BLT/DVC members too and our first trip "home" will be next yr November to celebrate two of my DD's b-days and Thanksgiving and 2) my DS Michael is blessed w/ Autism too :hug: (HFA-Aspergers and ADHD, he is now 10 and was officially diagnosed at age 7, but looking back had difficulity from 2 1/2 forward, we just didn't know)

So I'm on board to join you popcorn::

Next I agree w/ the poster below about the headphones, Michael uses the same kind, he pretty much wears them the whole trip to cut down on all noise and especially for the fireworks and Spectro.

next,

sorry your DH lost his job, but so thankful he has a new one and that you can still go on this trip and that your Mom can go w/ to help :cloud9:

:lmao: cracking up over the picture of your poor Mom, what a great sport she was!

feel free to PM (like KathyRN said, btw she is WONDERFUL!) anytime!

Scrappie (J-)

Hi and :welcome:

Thank you for coming along! Mom is a great sport! She loves it when people comment on that photo. hehe!

Oh MY GOSH! I checked out the link for the picture book you made! It is amazing! It's just what I want to make for my son. You are very talented! I promise I am going to post so many BLT pictures and crowd pic :lmao: I love looking at those pictures. Thanks again for being here!

cascarlet
09-14-2009, 11:22 PM
Your promise of a picture sucked me right in and I'm glad. I enjoyed reading your report so far and look forward to see how your trip progresses.

The picture is funny. The wind and humidity can do that to a gal. :scared1:

Sorry dh got laid off, but I'm happy for you he got a job and your mom is able to go with you!

I'm on board!

mousescrapper
09-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Oh MY GOSH! I checked out the link for the picture book you made! It is amazing! It's just what I want to make for my son. You are very talented! I promise I am going to post so many BLT pictures and crowd pic :lmao: I love looking at those pictures. Thanks again for being here!

your welcome, and thanks for the such sweet comments about the books I made....

I'm going make another book again for our trip next yr too...they are fun to do and he enjoys them and they help too.

Be happy to bounce ideas off me if you'd like too :goodvibes

WelovMickey!
09-16-2009, 06:57 AM
Your promise of a picture sucked me right in and I'm glad. I enjoyed reading your report so far and look forward to see how your trip progresses.

The picture is funny. The wind and humidity can do that to a gal. :scared1:

Sorry dh got laid off, but I'm happy for you he got a job and your mom is able to go with you!

I'm on board!

Good I am glad I sucked you in! :goodvibes Do you really work for Disney? How do I get your job? Well not Your job, but how do I get a job doing what you do? Do you have to live in FL.? Sorry for all the questions but I am so curious and jealous :laughing: Thanks for coming along. I am so happy to have you here!!
:hug:

WelovMickey!
09-16-2009, 07:05 AM
your welcome, and thanks for the such sweet comments about the books I made....

I'm going make another book again for our trip next yr too...they are fun to do and he enjoys them and they help too.

Be happy to bounce ideas off me if you'd like too :goodvibes

Your Welocme!:hug:I was thinking last night if I should use pictures of the entrance and signs of the attractions or pictures of the places and rides itself. Because my son and I have been watching the planning DVD and the MK DVD. When he sees a ride that he like he says "Id go dare" (so cute) So I was thinking he probably know what ride it is more with a picture of the actual ride and not the ride for the sign. Whatcha think?

WelovMickey!
09-16-2009, 07:18 AM
Here are some food pictures to hold you over while I work on my Dining Plan. These are from Raglan Road when I took my Grandma for her 86 B-day in May!

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd161/Ingrid3a/100_3381.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd161/Ingrid3a/100_3380.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd161/Ingrid3a/100_3379.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd161/Ingrid3a/100_3377.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd161/Ingrid3a/100_3376.jpg

Enjoy!

WelovMickey!
09-17-2009, 09:11 AM
Dining Plan

Day 1 Arrival Day Magic Kingdom

Dinner: Casey’s Corner

My Meal :¼ All Beef Hot Dog with Apple Slaw, box of Cracker Jacks sitting on Main Street watching Spectromagic and Wishes…aaahhhh:cloud9:

Day 2 Animal Kingdom

Breakfast: In the room

Lunch: Picnic in the Park

Our Meal: Tier 1, 5 Sandwiches, 3 Sides (seasonal fruit, green beans, and oven- roasted potato wedges) 5 Desserts and 5 Bottle Waters.:banana:

Dinner: Contempo Café at the Contemporary.

My Meal: Hot Open-Faced Roast Beef Sandwich

(Since the Animal Kingdom closes at 6pm I don’t think we want waste time eating. We probably won’t be hungry yet. We are also planning to visit the resorts this evening to see all the Christmas decorations.) :yay:

Day 3: Disney Hollywood Studios

Breakfast: In Room

Lunch: Toy Story Pizza Planet

My Meal: Caprese Salad

Dinner: ABC Commissary

My Meal: Not Sure Yet

Day 4: Epcot

Lunch: Sunshine Seasons

My Meal: Freshly Made Bowl of Soup

Dinner: Sunshine Seasons (They have so many choices here you can eat here twice in one day!)

My Meal: Grilled Salmon

Day 5: Magic Kingdom

Lunch: Pecos Bill

My Meal: Taco Salad

Dinner: Pinocchio Village Haus

My Meal: Vegetable Pizza Combo Meal

Day 6: Grab Bag Day (Not sure what we a going to do yet)

Day 7: Downtown Disney (Go home day):sad2::confused3:sad1:

Lunch: Wolfgang Puck’s Express

My Meal: Mediterranean Vegetable Fire-Roasted Focaccia Melt

WelovMickey!
09-17-2009, 12:48 PM
I just sold my homeschool books for $200.00!!!!!:cool1:

Tickets are paid for and I have $$ to put on a gift card for the Dining Plan!:banana::banana:

Now am going to try to sell my Donna Dewberry painting kit. :goodvibes

mousescrapper
09-21-2009, 12:01 PM
Your Welocme!:hug:I was thinking last night if I should use pictures of the entrance and signs of the attractions or pictures of the places and rides itself. Because my son and I have been watching the planning DVD and the MK DVD. When he sees a ride that he like he says "Id go dare" (so cute) So I was thinking he probably know what ride it is more with a picture of the actual ride and not the ride for the sign. Whatcha think?

I'd say go w/ whatever image he'd associate w/ the ride...some he may know from the sign...ie Peter Pan's flight...

I'd just spend a day googling images and then you could show him on the computer and make a game out of it, that way you'll know which pictures he'll associate w/ which ride or attraction.

for resturants maybe a picture of a kid meal on the Mickey head plate..then he'll know it will be time to eat.

Printing out the pictures on sticker paper made it easy then to stick in a book :thumbsup2

I also love that you have your meals picked out of what you will eat....I totally do that too :rotfl:

good score on making sme Disney $...I'm planning to have a garage sale in a few weeks and am hoping for a nice bundle to put in the Disney savings!

shebaxric
09-21-2009, 12:34 PM
I'm late in the game, but subbing! Your trip looks like it's going to be fantastic!:flower3: I really about died laughing at your funniest PP!! I'm glad that your mom is a good sport!

bc_butterfly
09-21-2009, 04:32 PM
You will love the Osborne spectacle of lights. It is amazing :goodvibes When we went the last time I dragged everyone over there complaining and whining the whole way. Once they saw it though they were wowed. Completely worth the trek from MK.

Loved the pic of your mom :laughing: Everyone has a hair days like that at least once in their life. Glad she's got such a great sense of humour about it.

tlcmommyx4
11-06-2009, 09:25 PM
I hope you have a great trip. I can't belive that we will be there the same days and I looked at the days were you were going to be and we will not be at the same park any day. I don't know why I find that odd it is a big place lol. I hope you have a great weekend and a wonderful trip.

pipersmom
11-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Just got caught up :) Your trip sounds great so far..I'd be a meal planner too if it weren't for my dial-up! By the time I looked at all the menus we'd be there..lol. Looking forward to following along...

WelovMickey!
11-21-2009, 03:13 PM
Thank you everyone for joining in :goodvibes

I did change my park days up a bit and now we won't have the QDP:rolleyes1
Funny how things have changed so much for this trip. But at least we are going so I am very grateful. I can't complain at all. I talk with a lot of people that have never been and I can't believe it. I think everyone should go at least once. Every time I talk with someone (especially an adult) that has never been I want to have fundraiser for them so they can go.
:love:
So my park days have changed to:

12/10 (my b-day!!) Epcot and Merry Member Mixer @ 3pm - 5pm

12/11 Magic Kingdom

12/12 Animal Kingdom

12/13 Magic Kingdom

12/14 Disney Hollywood Studios

Oh and a big change my 83 year young grandma is coming! I took her in May for a surprise B-day trip. She found out that I was going and again. She told me "Ingrid, I don't care if you want me to go or not, I wanna go!" :rotfl: I don't mind. I look at it like this. I love my grandma and what a blessing it is for her to still be here and that she will be able to to join us with her great grands in the Happiest Place In The World! It is also sweet of her to rent a mini van for us too! Go Grannie. So I will add a picture of our newest cast member.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd161/Ingrid3a/100_3378.jpg

So let's see what else? Oh yes the dining. Well...with the way our money flow has not been flowing that well I have decided not to do the QDP. I was bummed out for awhile but we are staying in a DVC villa. We can have enjoyable meals. My mom and I have brainstormed some ideas for meals. We know that we want breakfast to be simple. I am an early riser so we will want something fast. I told my granny that we will be leaving the room by 7am :lmao: and she said "INGRID!" and I laughed and said "That's the way it is!". We giggled about it. We will take our lunch to the parks. Then come back for dinner. So here are some ideas:

Breakfast - waffles, bagels, cereal, bananas, OJ, hot cocoa, sausage biscuits.

Lunch - Uncrustables PJ, Cesar chicken wraps, pita sandwiches, lunch-ables, salads (I need some more ideas:idea:)

Dinner - Stuffed cabbage w/ mashed potatoes, Salmon w/ herb butter rice, Sloppy Joes and French fries, Pizza, Sea Scallop Salad, Chicken Nuggets (for the kiddos) The Soup Man and grilled cheese sandwiches. I wanted to have great dinners so I would feel better about the dining. :hug:

So we have 18 days left I am so excited. I like saying in 8 days we will have only 10 days left :dance3: :cheer2:

I also got the two youngest footy pjs! Mickey and Tink!

mousescrapper
12-15-2009, 10:45 AM
I think you may have just got back...hope it was fun and your own food/cooking worked out well!

Plus I see your ticker is just over 11 months and staying at BLT.... we'll be there the same time :thumbsup2 if that's right!