PDA

View Full Version : ADR for 5 but only 3 show up?

butiflfeet
06-14-2009, 02:35 PM
Has anyone ever done this where you make an ADR for 5 adults but only 3 make it? Will they still honor your reservation for the 3 that are there? I only ask because I have made all of our dining reservations for 5 adults because DH, my Dsis and I are traveling together with my parents. Well, my brothers and their families are going at the same time too so my parents will be eating some meals with them instead of us. Are the restaurants (including a few signature ones) generally ok with this or do I need to call and change our reservations and hope they have ADRs for 3 instead of 5 :confused3

Am I worrying too much about this? :scared:

Meriweather
06-14-2009, 03:51 PM
We had an ADR for 5 and just 4 of us showed up (DDIL had to do a conference call with work). It was no problem. They sitted us at a table for 4. This was at Le Cellier.

SandrA9810
06-14-2009, 04:13 PM
Just think of it as having a little bit of extra elbow room at the table.

If you don't know for sure where they will be eating, it's best to leave it be. Better to get a bigger table than one too small and have to wait for a larger one to come up.

engle
06-14-2009, 04:35 PM
My trip May 31 - June 6 was supposed to be 5 of us...last minute 2 cancel. We showed up all week with a party of 3 instead of 5 and it was never a problem. I didn't even need to give an explanation...I just said there will only be 3 of us.

butiflfeet
06-14-2009, 04:47 PM
Thank you for your replies. I'm feeling better about this now.

Cheshire Figment
06-14-2009, 05:53 PM
What you can do is find two people who look as if they are desperately seeking a place to eat and ask them to join you. Separate checks are not a problem and you might find some interesting conversations.

goofy4prez
06-14-2009, 06:09 PM
What you can do is find two people who look as if they are desperately seeking a place to eat and ask them to join you. Separate checks are not a problem and you might find some interesting conversations.

An entrepreneurial spirit would offer them the opportunity to get a seat for the small price of only $20 :lmao:

(before I get flammed, I would not do such a thing).

ehartman4
06-14-2009, 08:44 PM
It's good to know that it isn't a problem. My boyfriend and I were trying to make reservations for 'Ohana for just the two of us but NOTHING was available! Luckily he heard somewhere that it doesn't hurt to try making reservations with a bigger party. He asked for a table for 3 instead of 2, and it worked!

ParkFreak
06-14-2009, 10:13 PM
They do "reservations" at WDW a little differently than most restaurants. If you have a reservation, they don't necessarily hold a specific table for you. It just means that you will be seated before anyone else who does not have a ressie. Changing the number in your party usually isn't a problem that way. However, the sooner you can let them know your party has gone down, then hopefully the sooner they can release a few more seats for someone else to snatch up a reservation for a table for two!

wdwmom0f3
06-14-2009, 10:43 PM
I was a little worried about this too because I have added my parents to our reservations for the four nights that they will be there, and he is in bad health and may have to cancel.

Kimberle
06-15-2009, 07:53 AM
It's really no problem. They will just seat you at a smaller table.:thumbsup2