PDA

View Full Version : Coral Reef Questions

skater
06-14-2009, 11:25 AM
Do they still have the chocolate wave desert and can you request a table by the aquarium if you're williing to wait?

MickeyNicki
06-14-2009, 11:37 AM
Here is a link to the menus that I just took on June 9

http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=32201254&postcount=532

I think you can request a table by the glass but you may not get it

skater
06-14-2009, 01:46 PM
Looks like the chocolate wave is still there :goodvibes. We ate there a few years ago and that was the only thing that saved the meal. The service was not terrible, but not good either and our food was real bad. We've decided to give it another try, just for the atmosphere. I'm open to suggestions of good entrees!

PalmettoPrincess
06-14-2009, 01:59 PM
Yes and yes to your questions! I had the caesar salad and it was very good, a nice light meal. My friend had the chicken breast and said it was great too! (We're not seafood eaters)

lazydazy8
06-14-2009, 02:15 PM
We have requested a table close to the tank each time and got it (we are a family of four). My DD8 requested Coral Reef for her birthday dinner last year. She said her Mai Mai is the best there than anywhere (she'll order it anywhere that has it! She said it was better than Kona's).

It's been our favorite most relaxing dinner each year we've done it.

My DH gets pasta or chicken (loves it). I've gotten the steak (it was better than my Le Cellier steak last year).

It will be difficult not to book it this year, but I am trying to get everyone in my family to try all new ADR's this year!! (Except for our final night of our vacation we go to the Poly for dinner- Kona or O'hana!)

skater
06-14-2009, 02:27 PM
I feel a little more encouraged reading these positive comments. Maybe we ordered poorly :confused3.

jdisnut
06-14-2009, 02:29 PM
I was at Coral Reef two weeks ago and adored it. It was my first time there, and I will definitely return.

The Chocolate Wave is still on the menu, now served with raspberries instead of the brandied cherries on top. From what I hear, this is an improvement. I always thought the cherries looked pretty gross in pictures.

I believe you can still request a table by the aquarium, but they aren't required to oblige. Always worth a shot, though.

ROEDISNEY
06-14-2009, 02:29 PM
You can request a table by the tank but nothing is a guarantee.

Flametamr
06-14-2009, 03:47 PM
My Favorite Dessert

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e197/Flametamr/Picture364.jpg

theonlyisamu
06-14-2009, 03:56 PM
Yea, we asked for a table next to a tank and they immediately brought us to a booth that had a nice view of all the fishes.

Pirate Me
06-14-2009, 04:46 PM
I'm sure they would let you if you were willing to wait for it, unless they already have one ready. But even if you don't get the tankside (which is still the best!) don't get too disappointed with another seating because the dining room is seperated into rows and it elevates so everyone will at least get a view.

77SU
06-14-2009, 04:47 PM
We ate at the CR for the first time last Monday night, 8 June. DD had the ahi, DW had the pan-seared halibut, and I had the mahi mahi. All three were excellent. The service was great, and since DW was wearing her birthday button, we were offered a fourth dessert, since we were on dining plan. We were seated by the glass, without asking, but I'm assuming the b-day notation had something to do with that. The noise level was a bit disconcerting for DW, but it improved toward the end of the meal. We had a fairly early ADR, at 5:10, so I think there were a lot of tired children that contributed to the noise level. I would say CR made the top 3 favorites of our eight TS meals.

n2mm
06-14-2009, 05:32 PM
Keep in mind that the tables by the glass can only accommodate a party of 2, 3, or 4. No more than 4. When DH and I eat there we are ALWAYS put at the glass. I think it's just easier for them to put parties of 2 there.