PDA

View Full Version : Breaskfast at Tusker House or Lunch at Yak and Yeti?

Melody L
06-14-2009, 11:47 AM
We have ressies for both and I am trying to figure out which one to cancel since we are paying OOP and trying to cut back a bit. We have a 12 &14 yr old so character meals are not important to us. I like the sound of Y&Y but it seems awfully expensive. Is there anything special/unique about Tusker breakfast? We are alreading doing CP for breakfast.

LaNina72
06-14-2009, 07:13 PM
I've not eaten at Y&Y (planing to Sept '09). But I have eaten at Tusker House and the breakfast is one my family enjoys very much.

Lots of the basics, eggs, waffles, home fries... but the food seems a bit tastier then other breakfast buffets. Fresher and healthier, or so my mother claims as she piles on the bacon & cheese omlettes. :confused3

I'm sure your family will be happy with either of the two... and if $ is an issue then go for the breakfast buffet. You won't need to eat for a long time after...

Allboysandme
06-14-2009, 11:56 PM
I just had lunch at Yak and Yeti last week and it was not very good. Dh and I split the sweet and sour chicken and the honey chicken. It tasted like bad chinese food with uncle ben's plain brown rice. It was edible, but just not really good. It was expensive, too. For two adults and two kids it was about $100 with a tip. Thankfully, we were on the dining plan. I would have been mad if I had to pay that much oop for that quality of food.

The dessert was pretty good though. Our server talked us into the fried wontons stuffed with cream cheese. While we were eating them dh and I noticed a huge brownie sundae for two being served at a nearby table. At the same time we both said we should have gotten that.

I haven't been to Tusker House. We were trying to change our ressie the day before for it, but they only had Y&Y available.

LaNina72
06-15-2009, 04:24 PM
I just had lunch at Yak and Yeti last week and it was not very good.

Allboysandme - That isn't good news... I was hoping to do a lunch there on free dining 9/09... but perhaps I should do lunch over at Tusker? I was wondering if it was "fancy" Chinese food... but the desserts look so yummy!

Now I'm torn... hope this helps the OP.

ROEDISNEY
06-15-2009, 04:39 PM
BK @ Tusker I do lunch or dinner@ Y & Y.

Moeluv4u7
06-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Tusker is a MUST! Breakfast is a great buffet with more choices than anyone could have at one sitting! Not only do they have basics, they also have a variety of potatos- hash, biscuits and gravy- country style- YUM! pastries galore, fruit, granola, toppings for oatmeal, yogurt, and a cream of wheat type of cereal, a few different type of quiche, mickey waffles, bacon, sausage, bobotti (sp)- It was a delicious time and the character interaction was just as great! Our kids are 7 yrs, 10 yrs, 13 yrs, 16 yrs and 17 yrs- they all got pics and had "conversation" with the characters- so that was also a highlight- The food is wonderful though! You can't miss this one!

Pakey
06-15-2009, 07:17 PM
We've done Yak n Yeti twice and will not try it again for a long time as we were very underwhelmed with the food here (although the servings are huge). We also pay OOP and I thought the prices were very high here for the quality of the food.

We love Tusker House breakfast and would dine here, with or without the characters.