PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July Dining Question

Happydog
06-14-2009, 08:30 AM
So I have a ADR for CRT on 4th of July... 5:25. Yes, I know, once you get over the initial shock, listen to my new dilemma...

I was just able to get an ADR for 1900 Park Fare at 5:00 on the 4th as well... I had initially wanted to eat outside the park, b/c while I do want to go to MK for the 4th -- yes, crowds and all :) -- I wonder if making the ADR switch would be wise... I would spend more time going back and forth travel time from GF, vs. being in the park, but then at least I wasn't wedded to going inside MK if plans change. Eating at CRT is something I want to do, but I had originally planned for lunch vs. dinner (we had to change our dates slightly, so when I did, I lost my lunch ADR and dinner on the 4th was the only thing available). I hadn't even planned for the 4th, but that is what they had...

Another detail: We are going back in December, week before Xmas. Better to save CRT for Christmas week, when I can likely get a lunch ADR again?

What would you do?

maxiesmom
06-14-2009, 08:49 AM
If you don't want to be in the Magic Kingdom on the 4th, I would go with the Park Fare ADR. We have had dinner there twice, and we loved the food and the character interaction. I would save CRT for a time you really want to be in the parks.

Cheshire Figment
06-14-2009, 09:08 AM
If you leave MK for dinner on the 4th you may not be able to get back in. If they hit a Stage 4 closing nobody is allowed in until at least a certain number of people leave the Park,

Happydog
06-15-2009, 10:15 PM
So I think I am hearing pass on CRT -- do that at Christmas? And NOT on Christmas day !!!!???? :)

I think the Park Fare might be a good idea, too... we had wanted Ohanas but couldn't get it when I changed the week... SO I add that to the December trip, too!!!

I fully intend to do the Park on the 4th -- I know crazy but I want to -- in the am first thing, then take a break around 1pm. coming back around 4pm... I think eating outside the park on this day in particular might offer more flexibility, we are getting APs so 2 parks can be an option if we want to change plans...

flipflopmom
06-16-2009, 08:23 AM
Again, just keep in mind that if you leave, you might not be able to reenter, depending on crowds.

Happydog
06-16-2009, 10:19 PM
Again, just keep in mind that if you leave, you might not be able to reenter, depending on crowds.

Yes, I know. I am hoping the timing will work out. Dining said it has never gotten that way (so long as we are resort guests) but regardless seems the 1900 ADR gives me a little more flexibility, while the castle is a bigger comitment.

Thanks for the reminder! I'll just cross my fingers and toes!!!! ;)