PDA

View Full Version : Is this enough $ for food?

trplnr
06-13-2009, 08:00 PM
We're not doing DDP, because we're staying offsite. So breakfast and some snacks will be at the house, we're planning on bringing snacks for the kids and maybe granola bars or something for us if we get hungry.

2 adults, 1 child (5) and 1 toddler (2).

1st day - lunch out somewhere and dinner at home
Epcot - Biergarten and snacking around the Worlds
MK - CRT and Trail's End
DHS - 50's prime time cafe and dinner at home
AK - Tusker house and dinner at home
6th day - probably lunch out somewhere outside Disney and dinner at home

plus ice cream treats/cool drinks etc while at the parks.

Currently have $1200 put aside for food. Does that sound like enough?

(When I say dinner at home, we're going to the store and buying things to make at home, not pre-packaged stuff.)

So 8 meals out + treats.

Thoughts?

maddiesmom0116
06-13-2009, 08:05 PM
We're not doing DDP, because we're staying offsite. So breakfast and some snacks will be at the house, we're planning on bringing snacks for the kids and maybe granola bars or something for us if we get hungry.

2 adults, 1 child (5) and 1 toddler (2).

1st day - lunch out somewhere and dinner at home
Epcot - Biergarten and snacking around the Worlds
MK - CRT and Trail's End
DHS - 50's prime time cafe and dinner at home
AK - Tusker house and dinner at home
6th day - probably lunch out somewhere outside Disney and dinner at home

plus ice cream treats/cool drinks etc while at the parks.

Currently have $1200 put aside for food. Does that sound like enough?

(When I say dinner at home, we're going to the store and buying things to make at home, not pre-packaged stuff.)

So 8 meals out + treats.

Thoughts?

yes for that many meals yes. I have gone w/o DLXDDP plan in the past and I spent about 150 a day for 2 people, but that was a light breakfast, CS lunch usually and a TS dinner.

pumba
06-13-2009, 08:13 PM
I think you will have plenty....we were there with our granddaughter and she is almost 20 and we ate at three ts restaurants and the rest was at the cs or food court......we didnt even spend that much...go here and price your food out.. HAVE FUN TOO

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining.htm

Disney MAINEiac
06-13-2009, 08:21 PM
given the young age of your children you should have plenty. wait until they are teens like I have and order off the adult menu:scared: a TS meal will set you back $150 for 4

SoonipiLady
06-13-2009, 08:22 PM
we spent about 150/day with one sit down and 1 cs per day for 4 (2A, 2C) This includes drinks with dinner. Of course now that DD is a tween and has developed a more "sophisticated pallette", we spend closer to 200/day.

Karen