PDA

View Full Version : Sanaa Short Rib: Am I Nuts?

inkkognito
06-13-2009, 06:51 PM
DH and I were at Sanaa for lunch the other day, and he got the short ribs in a combo entree. He told me they had the best spices, but when I tasted them they were purely bland! Am I nuts? He said maybe it's because the taste of his other food was mixing in (he also had curry shrimp, but he was loading it up with hot coriander chutney because it was too mind for him). To me, the short ribs seemed like an option for someone who looks at the menu and says "OMG, this food is too freaky." I just wanted to make sure that I'm not crazy. My favorite dish there is the game hen, but that's only for dinner (and the tamarind chutney comes down straight from Heaven, where they make it in the same kitchen as the Artist Point mushroom soup).

TDC Nala
06-13-2009, 07:16 PM
I don't know about short ribs - I hardly ever order meat in restaurants - but I agree with putting the coriander chutney in the curry shrimp- wheee

inkkognito
06-14-2009, 12:44 AM
If you like things spicy, you can also ask for a side of some sort of hot sauce for the shrimp curry at Jiko. They dumbed it down a long time ago, and DH likes his mouth to be smoking, so he always requests it.