PDA

View Full Version : Party of 17!

michellejed
06-13-2009, 04:42 PM
Is it possible to make ADR's for 17 or do I have to book through some group thing?

We may be different amounts at different meals but most dinners will be the whole gang.

Any help will be appreciated, Thanks!

inkedupmomma
06-13-2009, 04:45 PM
good question.. we have a party of 7-12 most days and I was wondering the same thing! we aren't booked as a grand gathering though!

a1tinkfans
06-13-2009, 04:50 PM
A grand gathering does give a number to be sure things like room requests are kinda in same area and ALSO allows you to get in on Special experiences that regular groups and individuals cannot get. They are actually really nice.
I booked (we're a GG) thru regular reservations for dining for us 8 and some 10 without issue. I was told which restaurants could put us together and which would be tables near one another. Remember too that any group over 8 has TIP automatically added in, so don't double tip, but certainly throw extra for great service (I think it is only 18% they add).
When you call for ADR's they'll tell you if you need to be transferred.
Have a great trip with your group!

michellejed
06-13-2009, 05:08 PM
Thanks so much for the fast replies. I had forgotten about the grand gathering thing and guess I don't really know much about it but will check it out thoroughly.:thumbsup2

Should be interesting for a group this size!!:scared1:

inkkognito
06-13-2009, 06:44 PM
Even if you're not a grand gathering, the regular dining line can give you a group booking number. I did this for my nephew when he brought a big group of band parents down (I think it was between 15 and 20 people). We all went to Morocco as a group and had a great meal.

w-family
06-15-2009, 08:42 PM
I booked for 13 with no problem for August through the regular number. Got every ADR I wanted including Chef Mickey and O'Hana. Also booked the GG safari @ Tusker House. Good luck!:thumbsup2