PDA

View Full Version : Which one do you like better? Booze question!

MickeyNicki
06-13-2009, 10:19 AM
Grand Marnier Slushie or Grey Goose Lemon Slushie? We had both last week and like them both but I think the lemon is more refreshing!

oybolshoi
06-13-2009, 10:23 AM
I cannot cast a vote because I like them equally well. However ... I prefer the Lemon for daytime because it's lighter and more refreshing and the Orange is the perfect cap off the evening drink, a littler sweeter and heavier but still enjoyable. :thumbsup2

JuneBugFL
06-13-2009, 10:53 AM
The lemon is a little more refreshing, and the orange is kinda too sweet for me when it is really hot out.

SheenaXena21
06-13-2009, 11:03 AM
I had the GG and my mom had the GM. Mom liked her's better and I liked mine. Go figure.

kimysbug
06-13-2009, 11:48 AM
I love me some vodka!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

msteddom
06-13-2009, 12:43 PM
It looks like I'm the lone vote for Grand Marnier! I don't love frozen drinks to begin with so I liked that the orange was less icy than the lemon.

Melissa

quirty30
06-13-2009, 01:39 PM
It looks like I'm the lone vote for Grand Marnier! I don't love frozen drinks to begin with so I liked that the orange was less icy than the lemon.

Melissa

I just joined you : )

Never had either actually, but I love Grand Marnier and can't wait to try one next Saturday!!!!!!!!!!

ilovecupcakes
06-13-2009, 03:14 PM
I tried both and preferred the orange, but I love the taste of orange creamiscle! Mom preferred the lemon. Both were tasty.

DisneyWisher
06-13-2009, 04:44 PM
Because of Sam Brown (travel channel) I had to try the GM, when we got there I saw that they had the GG so I bought both. Gm for me and GG for DD23. I loved the GG and she liked both but gave up the GG to me.

bcrook
06-13-2009, 05:34 PM
I love the Grey Goose Lemon Slushie, but last week I had a red cranberry Grey Goose special - and it was supreme!!! I hope they are still there next month!:yay:

maddiesmom0116
06-13-2009, 05:38 PM
The lemon slushie is nice on a hot day.

lcasa
06-13-2009, 05:44 PM
I'm going this week! And I LOVE Grand Marnier....

TDC Nala
06-13-2009, 06:38 PM
Grey Goose Lemon. The orange is too sweet for me.

oybolshoi
06-13-2009, 06:40 PM
I love the Grey Goose Lemon Slushie, but last week I had a red cranberry Grey Goose special - and it was supreme!!! I hope they are still there next month!:yay:

was this also at the squishee stand? and was it a frozen drink or more like a martini?

bcrook
06-13-2009, 06:57 PM
was this also at the squishee stand? and was it a frozen drink or more like a martini?

It was a "Special" it was at the stand by France at EPCOT where the Grey Goose Lemon and Grand Marnier are located. I really hope they have it all summer. It was just like the lemon slushie but red and had cranberry juice and grey goose vodka (and something else). It was smooth, icy, and fun!

oybolshoi
06-13-2009, 07:07 PM
It was a "Special" it was at the stand by France at EPCOT where the Grey Goose Lemon and Grand Marnier are located. I really hope they have it all summer. It was just like the lemon slushie but red and had cranberry juice and grey goose vodka (and something else). It was smooth, icy, and fun!

That sounds wonderful ... I hope it's still there in October. :thumbsup2

TDC Nala
06-13-2009, 07:14 PM
If you like ginger go down to China and have the Mango Gingerita. No more wussy French frozen booze for me...

CampbellScot
06-13-2009, 07:35 PM
I cannot cast a vote because I like them equally well. However ... I prefer the Lemon for daytime because it's lighter and more refreshing and the Orange is the perfect cap off the evening drink, a littler sweeter and heavier but still enjoyable. :thumbsup2

Brenda!!!!!! I was wondering if you'd fallen off the face of the Disboards! I do so love that I found you chiming in on the alcoholic squishee thread!!!:lmao:

And just to answer the question...I found myself double fisted last summer with both the lemon and the orange squishee (my husband technically owned one of them but as I was holding them both for a spell I felt obligated to drink off both equally!)...they were both fabulous but I would have to agree with Bendy's assessment of the lemon being more refreshing for day and the orange being a good "get ready for Illuminations" drink!!

:goodvibes

MickeyNicki
06-13-2009, 07:38 PM

Huh, we were at WDW June 3-10 and I was at Epcot just about every day and I didnt see it..they had 2 frozen machines of the GM and the GG but not the special one you are talking about.

sohappy
06-13-2009, 07:39 PM
mmmmm I loved both. I guess if I have to pick one, lemon, but I would prefer one of each. I would LOVE to try the cranberry one as well.

bcrook
06-13-2009, 07:58 PM
Huh, we were at WDW June 3-10 and I was at Epcot just about every day and I didnt see it..they had 2 frozen machines of the GM and the GG but not the special one you are talking about.

I had the special (or specials) on Friday June 5th at 4:15 pm. :)

The fact that you didn't see it makes me very sad, because that might mean that it won't be there again. :sad2:

Maybe we should all start calling and demanding more slushies! The first thing I am going to do when I get there on the 4th is check out the stand and then beg them to make the special if it isn't there.

I didn't try the Mango Gingerita, but I did have a combo margarita near Mexico, and I about gagged on the mango part, but the other three layers were good.

dvcfamily41801
06-13-2009, 10:30 PM
Grey Goose Lemon! I tried the Grand Marnier in April and I did not care for it as much.

oybolshoi
06-13-2009, 10:32 PM
Brenda!!!!!! I was wondering if you'd fallen off the face of the Disboards! I do so love that I found you chiming in on the alcoholic squishee thread!!!:lmao:

And just to answer the question...I found myself double fisted last summer with both the lemon and the orange squishee (my husband technically owned one of them but as I was holding them both for a spell I felt obligated to drink off both equally!)...they were both fabulous but I would have to agree with Bendy's assessment of the lemon being more refreshing for day and the orange being a good "get ready for Illuminations" drink!!

:goodvibes

Campbell!!!! I was wondering the same thing about you! :rotfl2:

And you should know that I almost always make an appearance on a booze thread ... :lmao: ... I will need to PM you to catch up. :goodvibes

rainydayplay
06-13-2009, 11:33 PM

I'm already having to try both of these next week...(We saw the Grand Marnier in October but never managed to get one!)...Don't tell me there's a third!

I'd had a thought about drinking around the world, but it sounds like I may get stuck in one country... :rolleyes1

NJRA
06-13-2009, 11:41 PM
Grey Goose Lemon. The orange is too sweet for me.

I'm with you on this one. The orange is WAY to sweet.....

CampbellScot
06-13-2009, 11:58 PM
Campbell!!!! I was wondering the same thing about you! :rotfl2:

And you should know that I almost always make an appearance on a booze thread ... :lmao: ... I will need to PM you to catch up. :goodvibes

please do! I am now devouring...pun intended...your trip report/food review that I somehow missed! I have to say I was rather shocked at your lack of devotion to the Dole Whip...and I figured out WHY there was such lack...your Jay was only enjoying one HALF of the pineapple-y goodness. The Dole Whip FLOAT is the thing the world sings praises about...you need the pineapple juice WITH the Pineapple soft serve...this then activates a chemical reaction to take place that causes the drinker to become immediately and irrevocably addicted. See...you missed that part.

that being said, you tend to have a much much much much more sophisticated pallet than moi...AND you might have liked it even better had there been a splash of coconut rum to the mix...

everything is made better by a splash of alcohol...:thumbsup2

off to the world tomorrow!!!! Oh my the joy and rapture that is mine!!:cool1:

Cookie Princess
06-14-2009, 08:27 AM
Well, DH and I will cancel each other out on this poll. Although we like both, his preference is the lemon and mine is the orange.

Now that special with the cranberry sounds interesting...